PDA

View Full Version : [FwM] OOC thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Crisis21
2011-07-30, 11:26 AM
A place to discuss OOC ideas about the MLP Friendship is was Magic RP.

FAQs
Q: How dark is this RP?
A: Somewhere below 'Happy Sunshine Fun Land' and above 'Hopeless'. Happy endings are the bulk of life, but the possibility always exists for a sad ending. Darkness also runs rampant across the world and is always lurking outside the safe walls of town.

Q: What is the tech level?
A: I think the general consensus is 'Steampunk' right now. There may be occasional alien technology influence as well.

Q: What is the general policy on weapons?
A: Equestria is an armed society right now. Every military member, including the common town guards, carries a potentially lethal weapon with them everywhere, even off duty. Even civilian ponies are commonly seen carrying weapons. However, it is standard practice to never draw your weapon unless you intend to use it. Drawing a weapon, for whatever reason, is considered a hostile act by most ponies.

Q: How dangerous is the town of Bridle Shores?
A: Interesting question. The town has seen much more than its fair share of action and odd occurrences over the years since its founding, and no one can say why this is. Skirmishes with monsters at one or more town entrances happen almost daily, and certain loud noises are common enough that they no longer enough by themselves to induce a panic in any town resident. That said, the Town Guard and Militia are good at what they do, and few things are a high enough threat level to greatly disrupt life in the town for long. In D&D terms, this is a town where your neighbor is likely to have one or more levels in a PC class.

Q: How are threats classified?
A: Threat Ranks (guidelines):

F-Rank - Helpless. No threat at all.
E-Rank - Mild threat. Only about as dangerous as an average civilian.
D-Rank - Competent combatant. Not something a pony could be expected to defeat without combat training.
C-Rank - Dangerous combatant. Not something your average soldier could defeat reliably.
B-Rank - Highly dangerous. Defeating something like this is what makes your average heroes. Super-Mook/Sub-Boss/Early Boss status.
A-Rank - Extremely dangerous. 'You and what army?' is no longer a joke at this point. Big Sub-Boss/Late Boss status.
A-Rank+ - Army Killers, unofficial ranking. No official is really willing to admit that such dangers even exist at all. End boss status.

Q: Where is the Roleplay thread?
A: There's a link to it right below.

Q: Where can I post my character and find info on existing characters and backstory?
A: There's a link to that below too.

The Roleplay Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200312)

The Roleplay Thread 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204691)

The Roleplay Thread 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207812)

The Character and Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209474)

MCerberus
2011-07-30, 11:41 AM
The character and recruitment thread seems to be posted as a link to an individual post.

Cheers for the new OOC thread!

Benson
2011-07-30, 12:04 PM
Gosh...I'm passed out for two hours and all sorts of shenanigans happens 9_6

time to join the party

Orzel
2011-07-30, 12:07 PM
Gosh...I'm passed out for two hours and all sorts of shenanigans happens 9_6

time to join the party

That's what happens when ponies are involved.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-30, 12:45 PM
So-Soft would kill everyone named Reginald!?Yes, I know what Regicide really is.

Key word there being "Accused of" she would never attempt Regicide. At least not without a very good reason, whether that's the killing of anybody named "Regi" something or killing her liege.

I think I might be able to pull off crazy Celestia in a way that Soft would be willing to help her.

Alright. Want to RP it out?

Crisis21
2011-07-30, 01:51 PM
Alright. Want to RP it out?

Sure. Just be aware that things are a bit nuts here today, so my frequency may be affected.

Benson
2011-07-30, 01:57 PM
Nghh..

deadtiming. Darn these family outings getting in the way of crazy grimdark ponies! xD

TheAmishPirate
2011-07-30, 02:23 PM
Two thoughts:

1) What happens to Icy/Esmeralda when she's within Handsome's anti-magic field? I think we might find out soon.

2) Airship crew...looking for parts...went to Public Works Guild yesterday...no memory/alibi of previous night...

Uh oh. :smalleek:

Mystic Muse
2011-07-30, 02:28 PM
Sure. Just be aware that things are a bit nuts here today, so my frequency may be affected.

Alright. Mind posting first? I'll monitor the thread. Or if you have posted, just inform me. I've just checked the latest page is all.

Grif
2011-07-30, 02:34 PM
2) Airship crew...looking for parts...went to Public Works Guild yesterday...no memory/alibi of previous night...

Heh heh. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Also, Crisis, I think you're behind a few posts in the Icy vs Rose saga.

HalfTangible
2011-07-30, 02:37 PM
The words 'burn bitch' kick Handsome into action and he tries the door. If it doesn't open, he breaks it down. Any magic reinforcing it fails when he does so.

Once he gets in, he sees one of the mares trying to simultaneously drown and scald the other to death. He rushes the mass of water and slaps it with his hoof. Immediately, the magic holding it in place falters and the water splashes to the ground. He draws his gun and trains it on the other mare, uncertain who exactly is attacking whom here.

"Now, why don't you two stop trying to kill each other and tell me what this is all about?"

You're a little behind there :P

Crisis21
2011-07-30, 03:04 PM
You're a little behind there :P

Ninja-edited it to be current.

Two thoughts:

1) What happens to Icy/Esmeralda when she's within Handsome's anti-magic field? I think we might find out soon.

Water stops switching them until he's left. That's all. And her Ice magic goes on the fritz too, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Alright. Mind posting first? I'll monitor the thread. Or if you have posted, just inform me. I've just checked the latest page is all.

Posting Now, She's going to start off rough, but that's not entirely her fault. :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2011-07-30, 03:11 PM
Water stops switching them until he's left. That's all. And her Ice magic goes on the fritz too, but I don't think that's what you meant.

In a way that's not what I meant, but that answers my question.

Also, I'm not sure if Rockem knows if Sandy had stopped by or not. The engineer he talked to might have brought it up once things had been stolen.

Grif
2011-07-30, 03:21 PM
Augh! Yellow colour burns!

Use this?

Crisis21
2011-07-30, 03:23 PM
In a way that's not what I meant, but that answers my question.

Also, I'm not sure if Rockem knows if Sandy had stopped by or not. The engineer he talked to might have brought it up once things had been stolen.

Rockem knows everything that goes on in the guild. Or at least everything of any note. A visit for special-order parts would definitely be of interest to him.

Also, assume that Sandy was offered help delivering the parts to the ship when they come in.

@Soft - Posted.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-30, 03:25 PM
@Soft - Posted.

Thank you. Responded.

TheAmishPirate
2011-07-30, 03:28 PM
Rockem knows everything that goes on in the guild. Or at least everything of any note. A visit for special-order parts would definitely be of interest to him.

Also, assume that Sandy was offered help delivering the parts to the ship when they come in.

D'oh. Completely misread Rockem's response and thought he was talking about one of his own crew, not the airship crew. My bad. >.<

Crisis21
2011-07-30, 04:02 PM
D'oh. Completely misread Rockem's response and thought he was talking about one of his own crew, not the airship crew. My bad. >.<

:smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Augh! Yellow colour burns!

Use this?

*Tries it*

Ooh! That's much better. Thank you!

Mystic Muse
2011-07-30, 11:47 PM
So, who could Soft trust with this? Or should she do it by herself? I don't want her to as that seems kind of like spotlight hogging, but I'm just not sure who she could trust with something this sensitive other than Smoothie.

Grif
2011-07-30, 11:50 PM
Shell Shock could be an option, given that he used to be a merc and paid not to ask questions. (Although I bet Soft wouldn't be pleased if he accidentally blew up... something valuable.) By the same cue, Dreamrunner is available, though her connection with the military now could complicate things...

Not sure who else you could trust really. Zach? Maybe M&M?

Mystic Muse
2011-07-30, 11:57 PM
Shell Shock could be an option, given that he used to be a merc and paid not to ask questions. (Although I bet Soft wouldn't be pleased if he accidentally blew up... something valuable.) By the same cue, Dreamrunner is available, though her connection with the military now could complicate things...

Not sure who else you could trust really. Zach? Maybe M&M?

Zach she wouldn't trust. Was attacking the town and such far too recently. Not really certain who "M&M" refers to. Mika and Mica?

Grif
2011-07-31, 12:07 AM
Yeah Mike and Mica. Heck I think Eric/Roy might be open to this, they've been shown to be pretty open-minded.

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 12:14 AM
Yeah Mike and Mica. Heck I think Eric/Roy might be open to this, they've been shown to be pretty open-minded.

I would like to personally keep my other characters out of this plot until a later time. Yes, they would be good candidates to trust, but I have other plans for them right now.

This seems like a quest you play close to your chest until you realize how far you're in over your head. Right now, the fewer who know, the better in my opinion.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-31, 12:18 AM
True. I was just hoping there'd be a way to involve somebody other than just Crisis and I, and have it make sense in character.

I would like to personally keep my other characters out of this plot until a later time. Yes, they would be good candidates to trust, but I have other plans for them right now.

This seems like a quest you play close to your chest until you realize how far you're in over your head. Right now, the fewer who know, the better in my opinion.

Very well. Seems like a good idea.

MCerberus
2011-07-31, 01:04 AM
Would it be a good time to spin off New Colt City into a 'place' thread if the Manehatten crypt adventure is going to happen on screen?

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 01:09 AM
Would it be a good time to spin off New Colt City into a 'place' thread if the Manehatten crypt adventure is going to happen on screen?

.....I misspelled 'tome' as 'tomb' again, didn't I? *Goes to fix*

Grif
2011-07-31, 03:46 AM
I just realised if Fox's shows up now at Icy's home, it'll be yet another golden opportunity for shenanigans.

Benson
2011-07-31, 04:13 AM
I just realised if Fox's shows up now at Icy's home, it'll be yet another golden opportunity for shenanigans.

Too bad we can't have any alt. Fox and leave the Broncs tale as a bubble adventure of its own and have two Fox's :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Grif
2011-07-31, 04:19 AM
Too bad we can't have any alt. Fox and leave the Broncs tale as a bubble adventure of its own and have two Fox's :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Do eeeeeettttttttt!

(I assume you have the Broncs adventure wrapping up anyway?)

Orzel
2011-07-31, 04:28 AM
Is it not obvious?
Clones.

Lix Lorn
2011-07-31, 10:20 AM
So, who could Soft trust with this? Or should she do it by herself? I don't want her to as that seems kind of like spotlight hogging, but I'm just not sure who she could trust with something this sensitive other than Smoothie.
Hell with it.

Scarlet? She's VERY much a Luna supporter, so she'd be trusted by Soft, I hope.

Benson
2011-07-31, 11:28 AM
(I assume you have the Broncs adventure wrapping up anyway?)

Not quite, at least that's the feeling I'm getting. I also get the feeling that this is gonna be one of those adventures that occurs within the hours of the night, 12-6/7 am..hahah.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-31, 12:50 PM
Hell with it.

:smallconfused:

Benson
2011-07-31, 04:24 PM
@MCerberus

I figure this particular sub-plot is one that would be done in segments instead of just brushing right through it, that this was more like a prelude. I imagine more meetings between Fox and O'Maney in the near future.

MCerberus
2011-07-31, 04:28 PM
Sounds good. I'm thinking Eclipse would more be egging everypony on in Bridle Shores just to use the bloodshed as a part of the 'let's break Luna's spirit' campaign instead of having their own plots in the region.

Benson
2011-07-31, 10:20 PM
Alright...we have so many plots going on involving bad guys and their plots that for no real supportable reason so far involve Bridle Shores.

Let's list down our active major bad guys list and their overarching plans, maybe connect a few so that it doesn't feel like a loose jumble of plots.

For me I have the Dark Ones, essentially a dark negative energy as old as the beginning of the world that Equestria is a part of, who've acquired a consciousness throughout the epochs. It's made up of unadulterated evil and a trolling sense of humor. I like to consider them the quintessence and the root of evil. At some point, about an epoch before, something....someone...locked their very metaphysical core in a small pocket universe. Their power....greatly nerfed, however their lingering essense du' evil stayed within the world. Hence why there is still so much cruelty and evil in this world.

They found their way into the corrupted hearts of many with promises and contracts of granting them their hearts desire in exchange for carrying out their duties and releasing them from their otherworldly prison. They had many 'champions' but the majority of them failed. The whole ritual thing is but a sham, they only approach those who they see great potential for great evil.

I can imagine characters/organizations like The Dark Forces, Zoda or Al Capony having had made contracts with them and acting out tasks as their 'champions' in exchange for access to 'phenomenal cosmic power'. Or some such.

Bunny Earz
2011-07-31, 10:45 PM
Well I don't mean to be adding yet another confusing villain plot, but I've already started to develop a character whos name I can't decide yet. She's basically your average nightmare, but she's figured out a way to temporarily manipulate someone through their dreams. I'm going to tie her in with Fantasia (so she's there for a reason) as her long lost, thought to be dead, sister turned bad for some reason involving the fire in their childhood. She's basically this super creepy pony who mostly lurks in the shadows and has one of those erie presences. It would be nice to tie her in with something or other.

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 10:52 PM
Alright...we have so many plots going on involving bad guys and their plots that for no real supportable reason so far involve Bridle Shores.

Let's list down our active major bad guys list and their overarching plans, maybe connect a few so that it doesn't feel like a loose jumble of plots.

For me I have the Dark Ones, essentially a dark negative energy as old as the beginning of the world that Equestria is a part of, who've acquired a consciousness throughout the epochs. It's made up of unadulterated evil and a trolling sense of humor. I like to consider them the quintessence and the root of evil. At some point, about an epoch before, something....someone...locked their very metaphysical core in a small pocket universe. Their power....greatly nerfed, however their lingering essense du' evil stayed within the world. Hence why there is still so much cruelty and evil in this world.

They found their way into the corrupted hearts of many with promises and contracts of granting them their hearts desire in exchange for carrying out their duties and releasing them from their otherworldly prison. They had many 'champions' but the majority of them failed. The whole ritual thing is but a sham, they only approach those who they see great potential for great evil.

I can imagine characters/organizations like The Dark Forces, Zoda or Al Capony having had made contracts with them and acting out tasks as their 'champions' in exchange for access to 'phenomenal cosmic power'. Or some such.

I'm betting they made 'Yami' in some forgotten era and realized that they'd created something that they couldn't stop (its only weakness being light, a force antithetical to their very essence) if it turned on them.

Zoda... He's the kind of guy who'd make such a deal, plot to kill the one that granted it to him, and succeed. The only reason he's with the Dark Forces is that it suits him. He doesn't trust them any farther than he can throw them, but he needs resources. Resources they can give him access to as long as he pretends to play their game.

My thoughts on the rest:

The Dark Forces, an organized group that is almost completely steeped in the darkness the Dark Ones love. Their motives are as varied as they are, but they're the most organized of any foe in this world. Organized enough that they regularly manipulate other groups towards their own ends.

The Cult of the Eclipse are essentially worshippers of the corrupted forms of the princesses. They want to bring back Celestia as Iron Hoof and make the former lie of Luna being Nightmare Moon a reality.

Rebels of Celestia honestly think that Celestia is a better choice than Luna and work to break her out of her prison, not quite realizing that she may not want to break out at the moment.

Purists of Luna are the ones that think anypony who would so much as give Celestia of her followers the time of day doesn't deserve to live in Equestria. Whether that means exile, imprisonment, or death depends on which faction you're talking to.

The Resistance was a group that was dedicated to forcing a reconciliation between Celestia and Luna, possibly by merging the two into one pony if necessary, a process which would likely drive the result insane. They were disbanded last we saw them.

Nobles, as in the over-privledged upper-class that would just as soon spit on those 'below' them as look at them. The sheer range of shenanigans they could bring to the table has barely been scratched so far.

Followers of Wildfire... these are Orzel's creation. I'll let him discuss them.

I think that's all the ones that have been discussed and/or introduced in the RP.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-31, 11:08 PM
I think that's all the ones that have been discussed and/or introduced in the RP.

There's Also Mystic Blade, but she hasn't really done anything that would make her a villain quite yet, other than threaten the captain.

Speaking of which, has he done anything to act on her suggestion of becoming stronger?

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 11:13 PM
There's Also Mystic Blade, but she hasn't really done anything that would make her a villain quite yet, other than threaten the captain.

Speaking of which, has he done anything to act on her suggestion of becoming stronger?

The Captain's been training himself a bit more off-screen. That's all I really have to say. I'll probably post something eventually discussing it.

I do apologize though. With all that's going on in the RP, that particular interaction has slipped my mind. Could you refresh my memory please?

Benson
2011-07-31, 11:18 PM
I'm betting they made 'Yami' in some forgotten era and realized that they'd created something that they couldn't stop (its only weakness being light, a force antithetical to their very essence) if it turned on them.

Maybe, will have to discuss that in better detail.

Zoda... He's the kind of guy who'd make such a deal, plot to kill the one that granted it to him, and succeed. The only reason he's with the Dark Forces is that it suits him. He doesn't trust them any farther than he can throw them, but he needs resources. Resources they can give him access to as long as he pretends to play their game.

He could succeed in theory, as they aren't something that can be fully stopped. They are like a dark cosmic essence given consciousness. For wherever there is good there will always be evil to oppose the goodness, and they will be there to assist the evil-hearted. Evil turns 'em on xD

Only reason why they're currently active is because of the recent maelstrom of evil acts going around and the creatures who commit them. The more evil there is, the stronger they become, only in a world of pure goodness could they not exist whatsoever. But that doesn't look like its going to happen soon.

My thoughts on the rest:

The Dark Forces, an organized group that is almost completely steeped in the darkness the Dark Ones love. Their motives are as varied as they are, but they're the most organized of any foe in this world. Organized enough that they regularly manipulate other groups towards their own ends.

Now would they have been the sort to have made a deal in the past to 'help' in exchange for the extra ungodly power levels they possess?

MCerberus
2011-07-31, 11:20 PM
Benson, If I remember the details correctly, the records were grabbed by someone on his behalf/him himself Skeletor himself to be delivered to Staccata in exchange for some manner of cooperation.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-31, 11:24 PM
The Captain's been training himself a bit more off-screen. That's all I really have to say. I'll probably post something eventually discussing it.

I do apologize though. With all that's going on in the RP, that particular interaction has slipped my mind. Could you refresh my memory please?

In essence the interaction was

"I'm here to warn you. Eventually I'll be sent here, and I've seen what you're all capable of. I"m going to kill you all without question, and that's not any fun for me. I want the outcome to have doubt, so become strong."

Benson
2011-07-31, 11:27 PM
Benson, If I remember the details correctly, the records were grabbed by someone on his behalf/him himself Skeletor himself to be delivered to Staccata in exchange for some manner of cooperation.

Ah...err....I think I'm going to do a little archive reading for the extra details and memory refresher. So in essence, the mare he spoke of was Staccata?

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 11:30 PM
Maybe, will have to discuss that in better detail.

He could succeed in theory, as they aren't something that can be fully stopped. They are like a dark cosmic essence given consciousness. For wherever there is good there will always be evil to oppose the goodness, and they will be there to assist the evil-hearted. Evil turns 'em on xD

Only reason why they're currently active is because of the recent maelstrom of evil acts going around and the creatures who commit them. The more evil there is, the stronger they become, only in a world of pure goodness could they not exist whatsoever. But that doesn't look like its going to happen soon.

Now would they have been the sort to have made a deal in the past to 'help' in exchange for the extra ungodly power levels they possess?

1) Not much point as it was destroyed. Nothing discussed would have any true plot relevance. I'm thinking they did as I peg them as the only ones that could.

2) Then they probably love Zoda. He's about as unapologetically evil as they come. He's just not an individual who is content to 'follow' anything, no matter what he's promised in return.

3) More than a few of them. Individual preferences do, of course, vary. Certainly something the current leader might have done. Though individual preferences are up to each villain's creator.

MCerberus
2011-07-31, 11:31 PM
Ah...err....I think I'm going to do a little archive reading for the extra details and memory refresher. So in essence, the mare he spoke of was Staccata?

Yup, that was roughly 3.5 years ago.

Benson
2011-07-31, 11:33 PM
Yup, that was roughly 3.5 years ago.

and Fox would be able to learn of this by reading the file himself and connecting two and two. Okey dokey lokey.

Crisis21
2011-07-31, 11:34 PM
In essence the interaction was

"I'm here to warn you. Eventually I'll be sent here, and I've seen what you're all capable of. I"m going to kill you all without question, and that's not any fun for me. I want the outcome to have doubt, so become strong."

Ah, yes. I remember now. Thanks.

He's definitely training more off-screen and finding excuses to increase the training of the other guardsponies. This interaction is also part of why Roy is training himself into the ground every day.

TheAmishPirate
2011-07-31, 11:41 PM
Okay, random question from somepony who isn't all that familiar with the twisted goings-ons of the plot thus far:

I'm mulling over some backstory details, and I was wondering if any of the evil organizations would have had cause to try and develop any biological weapons. Specifically, diseases with magical, long-term side effects on survivors. The timeframe I'm looking for is about 20 years ago from the present day.

I'm hesitant to handwave this as "oh it's just a normal disease, but corrupted by evils". Main plot connections might be a bit more fun to play with.

Mystic Muse
2011-07-31, 11:44 PM
Deadtiming.

I think Mystic should be the next general to be defeated.

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 12:17 AM
Okay, random question from somepony who isn't all that familiar with the twisted goings-ons of the plot thus far:

I'm mulling over some backstory details, and I was wondering if any of the evil organizations would have had cause to try and develop any biological weapons. Specifically, diseases with magical, long-term side effects on survivors. The timeframe I'm looking for is about 20 years ago from the present day.

I'm hesitant to handwave this as "oh it's just a normal disease, but corrupted by evils". Main plot connections might be a bit more fun to play with.

It sounds like something that the Dark Forces might have decided was likely to risk more of their own forces than they'd like (hey, they may not really care about the lives of their underlings, but good troops don't exactly grow on trees either) and manipulated a side group into developing.

No risk to their own forces if it blows up in the developers' faces, and if it works, they can steal it for their own use.

@Soft - Sounds like a plan. Might be a good idea to invent her Majors to join in the fun.

And I take it that the lunch meeting of the two captains fell through?

Benson
2011-08-01, 12:21 AM
And I take it that the lunch meeting of the two captains fell through?

Gear hasn't been informed yet of Silverpine's success in acquiring the meeting, it was suppose to be after she and Sandy fixed the vents, engines, etc etc. Even though she already ate, she'd still go to the meeting, naturally. ^^

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 01:05 AM
Gotcha. Thanks.

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 05:54 AM
Let's see.......
Big Bad Evil Guy #1 John!
His current plan is to sit at his desk and let his minions do the heavy work so he can screw with ponies' minds.

Grif
2011-08-01, 07:07 AM

My thoughts on the rest:

The Cult of the Eclipse are essentially worshippers of the corrupted forms of the princesses. They want to bring back Celestia as Iron Hoof and make the former lie of Luna being Nightmare Moon a reality.

Rebels of Celestia honestly think that Celestia is a better choice than Luna and work to break her out of her prison, not quite realizing that she may not want to break out at the moment.

Purists of Luna are the ones that think anypony who would so much as give Celestia of her followers the time of day doesn't deserve to live in Equestria. Whether that means exile, imprisonment, or death depends on which faction you're talking to.

The Resistance was a group that was dedicated to forcing a reconciliation between Celestia and Luna, possibly by merging the two into one pony if necessary, a process which would likely drive the result insane. They were disbanded last we saw them.

Nobles, as in the over-privledged upper-class that would just as soon spit on those 'below' them as look at them. The sheer range of shenanigans they could bring to the table has barely been scratched so far.

Followers of Wildfire... these are Orzel's creation. I'll let him discuss them.

I guess Icy's curse fits The Cult of the Eclipse better, even though I was originally going to tie in (vaguely) with Benson's Dark Ones.

Orzel
2011-08-01, 07:29 AM
To explain the Followers of Wildfire, I have to explain the harshest punishment of the Fire Noble and Fire Ponies: Volcanic banishment.

Fire Nobles and Fire Ponies don't go to prison, nor are they executed. It's too dangerous. Those who commit major crimes or lose important duels are banished and imprisoned under Equestria's crust. Some warriors who do not wish see themselves grow old opt for banishment and wait to be freed when the nation needs them. Few ponies have served their time and been released.

The spell itself absobs the heat of the magma to sustain the dreamstate and banishment. Unknown to most nobles, the time limit placed on the spell is very important. If someone is manually released early, their bodies convert the large amounts of heat around them magical energy and are supercharged. They also go insane. The Followers of Wildfire want to wake up all of the Banished early, control them, overthrow Luna, and conquer the world with their army of insane magic-users with near-infintie mana.

Benson
2011-08-01, 08:54 AM
I guess Icy's curse fits The Cult of the Eclipse better, even though I was originally going to tie in (vaguely) with Benson's Dark Ones.

I thought it was trolling from the Eldritch Gods not 'Dark Ones'? :smalltongue:

But anyhoof, if ya go Eclipse, that could tie in with Fox's little side quest against a faction of them :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-01, 09:23 AM
It sounds like something that the Dark Forces might have decided was likely to risk more of their own forces than they'd like (hey, they may not really care about the lives of their underlings, but good troops don't exactly grow on trees either) and manipulated a side group into developing.

No risk to their own forces if it blows up in the developers' faces, and if it works, they can steal it for their own use.

I think I can work with that. It may or may not play a role in the overall plot, but it's another thread to mess around with when the time comes. Heck, look how much plot's come from the original idea of "Icy gets her drink spiked by trolling Eldritch Gods".

HalfTangible
2011-08-01, 10:14 AM

Rose Bolt's insanity could conceivably have outside influence...

Mystic Muse
2011-08-01, 11:01 AM
@Soft - Sounds like a plan. Might be a good idea to invent her Majors to join in the fun.

Alright. Here are her majors.

Mystic blade

Mystic Blade

Mystic: Having majors that aren't myself implies I trust anyone other than myself to help lead my armies.:smallamused:

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 11:37 AM
Alright. Here are her majors.

Mystic blade

Mystic Blade

Mystic: Having majors that aren't myself implies I trust anyone other than myself to help lead my armies.:smallamused:

Oh great glory, there's three of her! :smalleek:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-01, 12:27 PM
Crisis, did the thief steal anything from the Cirrus' engine room?

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 12:29 PM
Crisis, did the thief steal anything from the Cirrus' engine room?

Not yet. The only place he's hit so far is the Public Works Guild.

I will always take the time to inform where he's struck at the beginning of each pony day.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-01, 12:32 PM
Not yet. The only place he's hit so far is the Public Works Guild.

I will always take the time to inform where he's struck at the beginning of each pony day.

Alright, good. Although, I can imagine him breaking into the ship, taking one look at the busted-up engines, and leaving without taking a thing. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-08-01, 12:34 PM
Oh great glory, there's three of her! :smalleek:

Mystic: Three? Having only two clones is for wussies.:smallamused:

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 01:07 PM
Mystic: Three? Having only two clones is for wussies.:smallamused:

:smalleek:11 <- eek to the 11th power. :P

Benson
2011-08-01, 01:08 PM
Having clones in general is for wussies :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2011-08-01, 01:16 PM
:smalleek:11 <- eek to the 11th power. :P

Mystic: In fact, I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM) is the appropriate response to your suggestion that there are three of me.

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 01:16 PM
Having clones in general is for wussies :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Zoda(s): We find your lack of vision insulting.

Mystic: In fact, I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb8fWUUXeKM) is the appropriate response to your suggestion that I have three clones.

:smalleek:11 12

Benson
2011-08-01, 01:19 PM
Zoda(s): We find your lack of vision insulting.

Good. Feel insulted BHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 01:24 PM
Good. Feel insulted BHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Zoda(s): :smallmad: *you suddenly feel your throat constricting*

:smalltongue::smalltongue:

Benson
2011-08-01, 01:27 PM
Zoda(s): :smallmad: *you suddenly feel your throat constricting*

:smalltongue::smalltongue:

That's cool, not like it happened once or twice before already :smalltongue::smallwink:

Anywhom, so Thief plot already went into effect right? *wonders if it would be a good idea to have had Fox's house as a target while he was a away*

Grif
2011-08-01, 01:43 PM
I thought it was trolling from the Eldritch Gods not 'Dark Ones'? :smalltongue:

But anyhoof, if ya go Eclipse, that could tie in with Fox's little side quest against a faction of them :smallbiggrin:

Sounds good.

Rose Bolt's insanity could conceivably have outside influence...

I smell conspiracy there. :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-01, 02:11 PM
She's this annoying mare who's currently trying to find the guy stealing magical items here in town."

Hold on a sec, how does he know that? Unless I missed something, that was a closed-door meeting on confidential information and he was somewhere else entirely? :smallconfused:

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 02:12 PM
That's cool, not like it happened once or twice before already :smalltongue::smallwink:

Anywhom, so Thief plot already went into effect right? *wonders if it would be a good idea to have had Fox's house as a target while he was a away*

Hasn't happened yet. Like I said, I'll post each place that was hit.

Hold on a sec, how does he know that? Unless I missed something, that was a closed-door meeting on confidential information and he was somewhere else entirely? :smallconfused:

Yes. That becoming anything even remotely resembling common knowledge could derail my whole plot.

Edit: Okay, just a little clarification here. The theft itself will be common knowledge by the end of the pony day at the latest. You can't keep something like that secret in a town this size. Staccata's involvement and any details on the thief are what is top-secret here.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 05:05 PM
@Mindfreak: So an idea just occurred to me. You know how people tell the daughter "oh, you look so much like your mother" and the son "oh you look so much like your father" Well, if Fantasia looks so much like Skelator's Fantasia, what if Fantasia was their daughter but Skelator's wife was the only one who knew of it and abandoned the baby filly so she could continue with her job. It would be like that whole secret child things. Thoughts.....

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 05:13 PM
@Mindfreak: So an idea just occurred to me. You know how people tell the daughter "oh, you look so much like your mother" and the son "oh you look so much like your father" Well, if Fantasia looks so much like Skelator's Fantasia, what if Fantasia was their daughter but Skelator's wife was the only one who knew of it and abandoned the baby filly so she could continue with her job. It would be like that whole secret child things. Thoughts.....

Sounds like an awesome idea. It's also plausible too since Skeletor died when he was 43, and his wife died a while before him.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 05:15 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea. It's also plausible too since Skeletor died when he was 43, and his wife died a while before him.
Ok, sounds like a plan. She'll probably figure something out while researching her father.

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 05:23 PM
@Bunny Earz: Got it. Her orphanage would be able to give her info on her mother which would lead her to the Manehatten PD's records which would lead her to the old chief there talking to her about her mother and her father. Strangely, his name was Skeletor Skeleton Skeleto back then.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 05:25 PM
@Bunny Earz: Got it. Her orphanage would be able to give her info on her mother which would lead her to the Manehatten PD's records which would lead her to the old chief there talking to her about her mother and her father. Strangely, his name was Skeletor Skeleton Skeleto back then.

I like it! I'm going to say that her orphanage was in Bridle shores and that's why her father sent her there. Then she can travel around from there.

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 05:46 PM
I like it! I'm going to say that her orphanage was in Bridle shores and that's why her father sent her there. Then she can travel around from there.
May I control the NPC Pony that runs it?

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 05:56 PM
May I control the NPC Pony that runs it?

Sure. It's fine with me.

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 05:59 PM
Sure. It's fine with me.

'k.
I'm mostly on top of things so I'll be able to tell when you've decided to start her search. I bring my IPod Touch with me everywhere to keep tabs on things. There is WiFi literally EVERYWHERE in Maine so I'm usually able to drop you a quick post.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 06:22 PM
'k.
I'm mostly on top of things so I'll be able to tell when you've decided to start her search. I bring my IPod Touch with me everywhere to keep tabs on things. There is WiFi literally EVERYWHERE in Maine so I'm usually able to drop you a quick post.

Sounds good. But, unlike many story lines, she probably won't figure out these hints and clues her father left her right off the bat. There will be quite a lot of trial and error. It might be a pony day or two before things really pick up.

Benson
2011-08-01, 06:25 PM
@Grif

Icy's house is still...'funky' from well the incident earlier when Rose appeared and combat ensued right? If so, what's the outside damage like?

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 06:25 PM
Orzel? Did you miss my post for Blaze again?

Mystic Muse
2011-08-01, 06:26 PM
There is WiFi literally EVERYWHERE in Maine

*Is jealous*

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 06:31 PM

*Is jealous*

:smalltongue:
Now all I need is a laptop.

Grif
2011-08-01, 06:37 PM
@Grif

Icy's house is still...'funky' from well the incident earlier when Rose appeared and combat ensued right? If so, what's the outside damage like?

Lesse, Icy's house looked to be burned and scarred from the outside, with one part of the kitchen/walls missing. Her front door was splintered to pieces by Handsome, and the living room generally is messy. Bedroom and the upper floors is spared though. :smalltongue:

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 06:40 PM
Now all I need is a laptop.

*teasing voice* I have a lap top and you don't! Hahaha!

Benson
2011-08-01, 06:41 PM
Lesse, Icy's house looked to be burned and scarred from the outside, with one part of the kitchen/walls missing. Her front door was splintered to pieces by Handsome, and the living room generally is messy. Bedroom and the upper floors is spared though. :smalltongue:

Superlative. Now it will seem less like a convoluted reason why he would pop up and kill the moment. :smalltongue:

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 06:47 PM
*teasing voice* I have a lap top and you don't! Hahaha!

:I
By the way, Skeletor was only in Bridle Shores once on vacation with his wife. If you want him having left something then you can choose whatever.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 06:53 PM
:I
By the way, Skeletor was only in Bridle Shores once on vacation with his wife. If you want him having left something then you can choose whatever.

Alright, that could be interesting.
(Btw Happy Birthday! Just noticed that.)

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 06:57 PM
Alright, that could be interesting.
(Btw Happy Birthday! Just noticed that.)

Shank you very much!
Off topic: I'm having a huge gaming tournament for my birthday with my friends all day long this week. It will be awesome. If any of your bronies have a Steam, PSN, or Wii, I invite you to join us for Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street Fighter 4, Soul Caliber 4, Team Fortress 2, and maybe even a match in Magic the Gathering: Planeswalker for PS3.

Grif
2011-08-01, 06:58 PM
Ah, Happy Birthday mate. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2011-08-01, 07:11 PM
Happy Birthday Mindfreak!

Benson
2011-08-01, 07:18 PM
Feliz Cumplianos :smallbiggrin:

Orzel
2011-08-01, 07:25 PM
Mappy Mirthday!
Empty Pie tin for you.

MCerberus
2011-08-01, 07:27 PM
Happy birthday!
*gives Pink One cupcakes hand picked from the finest cult bakers of ponythread*

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 07:29 PM
deadtime for a while

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 07:30 PM
Awww, you guys are great!

Crisis21
2011-08-01, 08:34 PM
Happy Birthday Mindfreak! :smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-01, 08:37 PM
Dang you guys, I got all this Happy Birthday right here, and nopony to give it to.

Oh, wait, I know! Happy Birthday Mindfreak!

Crisis averted!

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 08:57 PM
The best part about birthdays is when your brony friends find you a Derpy Hooves T-Shirt online and get you it.
I now get to wear a grey t-shirt with Derpy's smiling, cross eyed face on it with her cutie mark on the left side of the t-shirt on the bottom.:smallbiggrin:

Bunny Earz
2011-08-01, 09:24 PM
The best part about birthdays is when your brony friends find you a Derpy Hooves T-Shirt online and get you it.
I now get to wear a grey t-shirt with Derpy's smiling, cross eyed face on it with her cutie mark on the left side of the t-shirt on the bottom.:smallbiggrin:

I have a new need to find that shirt.

Mindfreak
2011-08-01, 09:27 PM
I have a new need to find that shirt.

They found it on CafePress if that helps. It might have been a custom order.

Benson
2011-08-02, 02:27 AM
If anypony wants to find Ember's fancy sword and decide to keep it for themselves, go ahead, however, he'll be looking for it still :smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-08-02, 05:51 AM
If anypony wants to find Ember's fancy sword and decide to keep it for themselves, go ahead, however, he'll be looking for it still :smallbiggrin:

Reginald should find it!
Reginald:"I got a girlfriend!"
Also, a pic of a shirt that is almost my Derpy shirt, except mine has her smiling mouth as well:
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/product/18003499/view/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/wall-eyed-bubbler-hw-181.png

Grif
2011-08-02, 06:49 AM
Hm, finally caught up with the rest of the RP.

That said, I would suggest we set aside a thread for those going on solo/group adventures. (Like Fox's foray into the Broncs).

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-02, 11:05 AM
And now for the fun game of "Who finds Sandy first?" :smallbiggrin:

Alright, I'm going to be really spotty for the rest of the day, so I'm just going to leave the symptoms/what's wrong with him here: Head injury from the explosion, minor dehydration from the hangover, and various bumps, bruises, small cuts, and further head injury from falling down the stairs. He's not dead, but he will need some sort of medical attention.

Benson
2011-08-02, 12:36 PM
So who wants to make the next thread? :smalltongue:

Mindfreak
2011-08-02, 12:54 PM
So who wants to make the next thread? :smalltongue:

Fiiiine. I guess I'll do it.

Grif
2011-08-02, 01:01 PM
Emotional breakdown Icy tiem.

Benson
2011-08-02, 01:06 PM
Emotional breakdown Icy tiem.

Poor Fox and his conscious...having to deal with a broken mare and a stallion that obviously is a cry for help :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2011-08-02, 01:08 PM
Mach: Okay. I'm the only sane one. Time, ah to start drinking

Benson
2011-08-02, 06:56 PM
Hahah...whoopsie daisy on the Cirrus, looks like they're even further stuck here in Bridle Shores :smalltongue:

Crisis21
2011-08-02, 07:44 PM
Orzel and Grif - Is the Dragon Library they're headed to the same one that Lone Star owns? I can't remember.

Grif
2011-08-02, 07:46 PM
I treat them as separate. The Dragon Library to me, refers to the equivalent pony-lite 'bigger-inside-than-outside-and-owned-by-a-dragon' library. Lone Star's library seems to be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Mindfreak
2011-08-02, 08:10 PM
What a coincidence, HalfTangible! Dreamrunner lost her medical license by losing her patient's skeleton!

HalfTangible
2011-08-02, 09:08 PM
What a coincidence, HalfTangible! Dreamrunner lost her medical license by losing her patient's skeleton!

That's the scene i was thinking of :smalltongue: Duh.

Mindfreak
2011-08-02, 09:14 PM
That's the scene i was thinking of :smalltongue: Duh.

That scene happened when Dreamrunner put in the Übercharge device in a pony to repair his missing wing. She also did this to get in bed with him.:smalltongue:
Luckily she won't be having random curtains since she's no longer in heat!:smallbiggrin:

HalfTangible
2011-08-02, 09:16 PM
That scene happened when Dreamrunner put in the Übercharge device in a pony to repair his missing wing. She also did this to get in bed with him.:smalltongue:
Luckily she won't be having random curtains since she's no longer in heat!:smallbiggrin:

Aww. I liked her romance scenes with Lemongrass.

Any chance someone could run into Rose Bolt that ISN'T aware of her desire to kill a bunch of mares?

MCerberus
2011-08-02, 09:19 PM

Any chance someone could run into Rose Bolt that ISN'T aware of her desire to kill a bunch of mares?

Well, is she the kind of mare that would order a 6 bit milkshake?

Also, idea for technological shenanigans: If the medigun ever breaks down, have Mach fix it and accidentally turn it into a kritzkrieg. Berserk ponies ensue.

Mindfreak
2011-08-02, 09:19 PM

Oh no, those scenes will still happen, she just won't pull down curtains with random ponies like Grills anymore.
Lemongrass is the only pony she'll be having fun with.

Benson
2011-08-02, 09:22 PM

Gwyn.

Cause you know. Two powerful mares with anger issues, what's not to like xD

Grif
2011-08-02, 09:46 PM
What's this? 2 Meet-the-Medic references in the same RP. :smalltongue:

Speaking of which Lemongrass could potentially meet Rose Bolt. He was out flight patrol after all and didn't hear about the news yet.

And seconding Gwyn if that's more to what you like. :smalltongue:

Crisis21
2011-08-02, 10:44 PM

I can have either Issun or Mike run into her. They wouldn't have heard about this yet.

I treat them as separate. The Dragon Library to me, refers to the equivalent pony-lite 'bigger-inside-than-outside-and-owned-by-a-dragon' library. Lone Star's library seems to be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Ah, okay. I just needed to know if they were going to run into him or not.

Mystic Muse
2011-08-02, 10:48 PM
Oh, Crisis, feel free to tell me once it's a good point to put the training the captain and the guards have gone through to use.:smallamused:

I'd look myself, but I've kind of lost track again.

Crisis21
2011-08-02, 10:50 PM
Oh, Crisis, feel free to tell me once it's a good point to put the training the captain and the guards have gone through to use.:smallamused:

I'd look myself, but I've kind of lost track again.

I will. :smallsmile::smallamused:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-02, 10:57 PM
Alright, back for a bit from deadtiming, Sandy can join the "getting medical attention club" now. :smalltongue:

Benson
2011-08-02, 11:24 PM
Alright, back for a bit from deadtiming, Sandy can join the "getting medical attention club" now. :smalltongue:

Aw...but he is...just not by an actual doctor :P

--

and yes...Fox is VERY melodramatic in his talking to the point of 'lolwut?'....and very loquacious to boot.......because it amuses me :smalltongue:

Grif
2011-08-02, 11:39 PM
Doctor Usurper...

I think somepony will get a buckin to the head soon. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2011-08-02, 11:45 PM
So we have

A. The Clinic
or
B. An experimental machine harnessing a dead unicorn's horn as a catalyst that utilizes blood magic

Why is it B seems to seem the better option every time somepony winds up at A

HalfTangible
2011-08-02, 11:58 PM
Doctor Usurper...

I think somepony will get a buckin to the head soon. :smalltongue:

He's secretly plotting to take the throne and plunge all of Equestria into a modern dark age. :smalltongue:

Secretly, Luna knows this and scrys on his idiotic plans to cheer herself up.

Canon?

Crisis21
2011-08-03, 12:17 AM
So we have

A. The Clinic
or
B. An experimental machine harnessing a dead unicorn's horn as a catalyst that utilizes blood magic

Why is it B seems to seem the better option every time somepony winds up at A

Because apparently the stock doctor I was using originally is taking a day off and the quacks have the run of the place. :smalltongue:

--------------------------------

He's secretly plotting to take the throne and plunge all of Equestria into a modern dark age. :smalltongue:

Secretly, Luna knows this and scrys on his idiotic plans to cheer herself up.

Canon?

My guess: Nutty pony who has delusions of grandeur and lots of brilliant and complicated plans that never manage to get farther than the drawing board.

Yet, he's tolerated because he's still a very competent doctor.

Icy may end up suffering through a crazy 'IT IS MY DESTINY!' speech, but she'll get fixed up all the same. :smalltongue:

Benson
2011-08-03, 04:47 AM
@Grif

Aw, but its the ice queen persona that attracted him in the first place :smalltongue:

Grif
2011-08-03, 04:49 AM
@Grif

Aw, but its the ice queen persona that attracted him in the first place :smalltongue:

You'll be alot more of her for now. Unless one of you decides to evilly splash her with hot water again.

Benson
2011-08-03, 06:19 AM

You'll be alot more of her for now. Unless one of you decides to evilly splash her with hot water again.

Well Ice Queen Icy is the best Icy...annoying her is a lot more fun that :smalltongue:

-

Anywhom, now would be a swell time for Silverpine to retrieve a stock doctor :p

Grif
2011-08-03, 06:20 AM
Well Ice Queen Icy is the best Icy...annoying her is a lot more fun that :smalltongue:

-

Anywhom, now would be a swell time for Silverpine to retrieve a stock doctor :p

Huh. So where might Silverpine find one.... :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 06:25 AM
Huh. So where might Silverpine find one.... :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

The Hotel!
Also, The Cirrus should really have a doctor on board.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-03, 06:27 AM
The Hotel!

Who needs doctors when, clearly, bandages fix everything?

Broken limbs? Bandages!

Dismemberments? Slap a bandage on it!

Emotional scarring? Bandage that mess up!

Grif
2011-08-03, 06:33 AM
The Hotel!

Ah right. Dreamrunner. The hotel right?

Benson
2011-08-03, 06:35 AM

Though why Silverpine would presume to find a doctor there is beyond me xD

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 06:36 AM

Yup.
They could have heard rumors of a doctor staying at the hotel.
The hotel is on the edge of town. I'm pretty sure that The Cirrus was landed on the edge of town.
It is clear in my mind that going for the doctor at the hotel would be better then walking all the way to the clinic.

Grif
2011-08-03, 06:36 AM
Though why Silverpine would presume to find a doctor there is beyond me xD

Shrugs. Rumours. Locals. Handwavium.

Benson
2011-08-03, 06:38 AM
Yup.
They could have heard rumors of a doctor staying at the hotel.
The hotel is on the edge of town. I'm pretty sure that The Cirrus was landed on the edge of town.
It is clear in my mind that going for the doctor at the hotel would be better then walking all the way to the clinic.

Walking all the way?

xD

Oh silly Mindfreak....the concept of distance means nothing anymore in a freeform RP when ponies just skip ahead to their destination. You should know this well :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallwink:

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 06:41 AM
Walking all the way?

xD

Oh silly Mindfreak....the concept of distance means nothing anymore in a freeform RP when ponies just skip ahead to their destination. You should know this well :smallbiggrin::smalltongue::smallwink:

I reject your logic on the fact that logic doesn't belong here!:smalltongue:

Benson
2011-08-03, 06:43 AM
I reject your logic on the fact that logic doesn't belong here!:smalltongue:

It has nothing to do with logic...but...shure...why not :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-03, 07:58 AM
"Unless you like blood, I suggest you leave. I need to go inside his chest."

I want a second opinion! :smalleek: Forget skeleton-thieving, you're treating head trauma by cutting open his chest : P

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 08:02 AM
I want a second opinion! :smalleek: Forget skeleton-thieving, you're treating head trauma by cutting open his chest : P

Dreamrunner:"You vant a second opinion? You're also ugly!":smalltongue:
ah, all the references I could make....

Grif
2011-08-03, 09:13 AM
I... don't understand what Dreamrunner just did. :smallconfused: How does treating the heart cure him when she only needs to point the medigun at him?

Sorry, this is really logic-breaking. Very logic breaking.

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 09:18 AM
I... don't understand what Dreamrunner just did. :smallconfused: How does treating the heart cure him when she only needs to point the medigun at him?

Sorry, this is really logic-breaking. Very logic breaking.

Oh, sorry if I didn't make it clear. The device he was talking about is the medic gun. The thing she put on his heart was a smaller version of the Übercharge device. Editing because of poor grammar now.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-03, 09:35 AM
Oh, sorry if I didn't make it clear. The device he was talking about is the medic gun. The thing she put on his heart was a smaller version of the Übercharge device. Editing because of poor grammar now.

So...was the device necessary for getting the medigun to work on him? I'm kinda with Grif on this one. I get it's a reference to Meet the Medic, it just seems really random.

Also, I'm not sure if Gear or Silverpine would have allowed all that to happen.

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 09:39 AM
So...was the device necessary for getting the medigun to work on him? I'm kinda with Grif on this one. I get it's a reference to Meet the Medic, it just seems really random.

Also, I'm not sure if Gear or Silverpine would have allowed all that to happen.

It wasn't needed for it to work. Might as well test to see if the device works on a victim test subject patient.:smalltongue:
I can change it by making it so that she didn't put it in him if you want.

Grif
2011-08-03, 09:42 AM
It wasn't needed for it to work. Might as well test to see if the device works on a victim test subject patient.:smalltongue:

It's... highly implausible either Gear or Silverpine would allow it. Or if you did go ahead and do it, (like the post mentions) then Silverpine will insist on removing it.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-03, 09:42 AM

That would probably be for the best. You can still play it humorous ("Fiiiine, I won't cut open his chest and do science to him...pansies") but, as faster-posting ninja-Grif has pointed out, I doubt the other two ponies in the room would let the procedure happen.

EDIT: You can keep everything before that post. DruggedSandy is just too good to pass up. :smalltongue:

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 09:51 AM
That would probably be for the best. You can still play it humorous ("Fiiiine, I won't cut open his chest and do science to him...pansies") but, as faster-posting ninja-Grif has pointed out, I doubt the other two ponies in the room would let the procedure happen.

EDIT: You can keep everything before that post. DruggedSandy is just too good to pass up. :smalltongue:

There we go! All edited.
Do you like it?
EDIT: Now it's fixed.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-03, 09:55 AM
There we go! All edited.
Do you like it?

You still talk about "ze device" and his chest closing back up. Apart from those minor, alternate-universe edit discontinuities, looks good. I'll wake him up in a sec.

Mindfreak
2011-08-03, 09:57 AM
You still talk about "ze device" and his chest closing back up. Apart from those minor, alternate-universe edit discontinuities, looks good. I'll wake him up in a sec.

Dreamrunner is calling her medic gun 'ze device'
I noticed the chest thing and facepalmed. Fixed it again already.

Grif
2011-08-03, 04:34 PM
Come to think of it, the only thing that could make Icy's day worse would be the after-effects of her time with Lone Star. :smallbiggrin: (But that would be a rather long term thing.)

MCerberus
2011-08-03, 05:34 PM
I'm hoping that's a moderately realistic view of their dynamic... having two of your characters talk to each other is weiiiiiiiird.

Also Mach's machine needs a name too. His weapons both have simple names (ZAPPER and The Claw). Also need one of the battle suits that will show up to be tested tomorrow.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-04, 09:34 AM
Is Dreamrunner still just chilling in the infirmary, or did she leave?

Mindfreak
2011-08-04, 09:36 AM
Is Dreamrunner still just chilling in the infirmary, or did she leave?

She's just chilling, making sure that her medic gun didn't have any adverse effects.
It could happen!

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-04, 09:42 AM
She's just chilling, making sure that her medic gun didn't have any adverse effects.
It could happen!

"Whoops, I raised his vitals so high that they flipped back into negatives. Darn."

Alright, just wanted to make sure/know if Sandy went to sleep or not. There's a window of time before he conks out again if there was anything she was going to do.

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 09:45 AM
Come to think of it, the only thing that could make Icy's day worse would be the after-effects of her time with Lone Star. :smallbiggrin: (But that would be a rather long term thing.)

:smalleek:

:smallamused::smalltongue:

Crisis21
2011-08-04, 10:09 AM
"Whoops, I raised his vitals so high that they flipped back into negatives. Darn."

This happens in real life you know.... :smallwink:

Benson
2011-08-04, 11:22 AM

:smalleek:

:smallamused::smalltongue:

No, no...worse would be if she slept with Fox within the next couple of days, as 'whoopie' doesn't necessarily mean instant preggers on the first try...but anyways.....and wasn't quite sure who the father was....resulting in shenanigans that can be described in one word.

Maury.

xD

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 11:25 AM
No, no...worse would be if she slept with Fox within the next couple of days, as 'whoopie' doesn't necessarily mean instant preggers on the first try...but anyways.....and wasn't quite sure who the father was....resulting in shenanigans that can be described in one word.

Maury.

xD

Oh Esmeralda would have a field day with that one...

"Who cares?! Let's rope 'em into doing it again!"

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-04, 11:27 AM

Maury.

xD

And thus, the GrimDark RP's descent into a soap opera was complete. :smallbiggrin:

Crisis21
2011-08-04, 11:29 AM

Maury.

xD

I have two pairs of words for you.

Half Siblings.

Fraternal Twins.

:smallwink::smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 11:33 AM

Half Siblings.

Fraternal Twins.

Icy would get TWO stallion daddies for her filly and colt!

MCerberus
2011-08-04, 11:45 AM
And thus, the GrimDark RP's descent into a soap opera was complete. :smallbiggrin:

Still missing evil twin shenanigans.

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 11:46 AM

Well, maybe Luna and Celestia are fraternal twins!

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-04, 11:47 AM

In a stunning plot twist, Esmeralda and Icy are entirely different ponies and split personalities at the same time.

Crisis21
2011-08-04, 12:01 PM
Well, maybe Luna and Celestia are fraternal twins!

:smallconfused: Of course they're fraternal twins. They certainly aren't identical.

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 12:06 PM
:smallconfused: Of course they're fraternal twins. They certainly aren't identical.

The POINT was that one of them was evil so we HAVE done evil twin shenanigans -_-

MCerberus
2011-08-04, 12:14 PM
In any case "Iron Hoof' is Celestia's evil twin I suppose.

Crisis21
2011-08-04, 12:25 PM
The POINT was that one of them was evil so we HAVE done evil twin shenanigans -_-

Oh, right. :smallredface:

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 12:36 PM
In any case "Iron Hoof' is Celestia's evil twin I suppose.

Technically she's a split personality :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2011-08-04, 12:38 PM
Technically she's a split personality :smalltongue:

Then there's still plenty of chance for a Fringe-style alternate evil universe twin. Excellent.

Grif
2011-08-04, 12:53 PM

Maury.

xD

Oh Esmeralda would have a field day with that one...

"Who cares?! Let's rope 'em into doing it again!"

Half Siblings.

Fraternal Twins.

Icy would get TWO stallion daddies for her filly and colt!

(AND TOO MANY OTHERS TO QUOTE)

You guys are insane.

Icy: If I could break the fourth wall and murder these humans, I totally would. And I am fully justified doing it too.
Esmeralda: Before or after shagging them?

HalfTangible
2011-08-04, 12:54 PM
(AND TOO MANY OTHERS TO QUOTE)

You guys are insane.

Icy: If I could break the fourth wall and murder these humans, I totally would. And I am fully justified doing it too.
Esmeralda: Before or after shagging them?

Lone Star: Esmeralda, you SERIOUSLY want to shag monkies? You're sick.

Mystic Muse
2011-08-04, 01:56 PM

There hasn't been a "I thought you were dead" "I was, I got better" moment yet, if I recall correctly.

Mindfreak
2011-08-04, 01:59 PM
There hasn't been a "I thought you were dead" "I was, I got better" moment yet, if I recall correctly.

Zach's near death was sorta that moment.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-05, 06:33 AM
"Oh, I recently learned a spell that lets me switch genders. You don't have to be the only one playing 'bait'."

Miles away in the Cirrus infirmary, Sandy shuddered involuntarily in his sleep.

Grif
2011-08-05, 06:39 AM
Miles away in the Cirrus infirmary, Sandy shuddered involuntarily in his sleep.

Silverpine also, though for different reasons now. :smallbiggrin:

Benson
2011-08-05, 06:44 AM
If Gearstride was a male...the blatant sexual harassment would be actually called out on :smalltongue:

Orzel
2011-08-05, 06:47 AM
If Gearstride was a male...the blatant sexual harassment would be actually called out on :smalltongue:

Double standards FTW!

HalfTangible
2011-08-05, 09:24 AM

Not if the girl LIKED it. Then it's seduction, not harassment. Like how murder isn't murder if it's a practice session. Or how popcorn is healthy without butter but starts a plague with it. Or how magic is awesome, except when it's not. Or how nothing you say is to be considered sensible if you put your tongue in your cheek.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-05, 03:24 PM
Rose's eyes glinted. "If i did that, he might get involved in the fight and might get a hair out of place. I can't let that happen. So no, I won't bring him back. Not till you're dead."

Technically speaking, she just made him get an entire feather out of place. Just thought I'd point that out. :smalltongue:

*resumes nap in the infirmary*

HalfTangible
2011-08-05, 03:46 PM
Technically speaking, she just made him get an entire feather out of place. Just thought I'd point that out. :smalltongue:

*resumes nap in the infirmary*

A feather isn't a hair. So there. :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-05, 03:49 PM
A feather isn't a hair. So there. :smalltongue:

A feather is made up of things that are kinda like hairs. So there. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2011-08-05, 03:53 PM
Staccata: When will murderers learn to annoyingly hold on to rhetorical points. It's really quite easy.

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-05, 05:11 PM
@Benson: The rest of the crew did make it to the conference room, methinks.

Silverpine flinched as Rainbow appeared in front of him. "Damnit, Rainbow, stop scaring me like that," he exclaimed, before turning to follow her to the conference room as well.

(Gear can assume everypony is in the room now I think.)

Benson
2011-08-05, 05:14 PM
Hmmm.....very well. I'll also suspect that Silverpine's there too.

HalfTangible
2011-08-05, 06:08 PM
A feather is made up of things that are kinda like hairs. So there. :smalltongue:

Still not hair. :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Crisis21
2011-08-05, 10:11 PM
Apologies for my absence today. I finally got my hands on Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded.

Benson
2011-08-05, 11:11 PM
Wasn't Handsome at Icy's last, when he was there and spotted that Rose just disappeared? :smallconfused:

HalfTangible
2011-08-05, 11:13 PM
"What is all that commotion?" comes a voice from deeper in the library. It's the voice of that flutter pony from before, Handsome.

((OOC: Bet everyone forgot he was there, didn't you?))

This makes no sense. Handsome has never been to Lone Star's home on-screen and even if he were and could then go to it, Rose Bolt had been there. How did he not notice her, or sneak past her?

Crisis21
2011-08-06, 12:12 AM
Wasn't Handsome at Icy's last, when he was there and spotted that Rose just disappeared? :smallconfused:

He asked where the library was and Lone Star directed him to his house. Then he beat a hasty retreat because E-Icy was making him uncomfortable.

This makes no sense. Handsome has never been to Lone Star's home on-screen and even if he were and could then go to it, Rose Bolt had been there. How did he not notice her, or sneak past her?

There was nopony else there, so I felt no need to post what Handsome was doing. He's part of the thief plot, remember? Which part, I'm not telling. As such, when he's doing things in a place no other character is in, I will not be posting them. It keeps his movements mysterious and potentially suspicious.

As for him not noticing her and/or sneaking past her. I feel justified in invoking the 'continually just missing each other' scenario. As long as she wasn't being overly loud or intrusive, he would have assumed she was another patron of the library if he heard her moving about.

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 12:15 AM
He asked where the library was and Lone Star directed him to his house. Then he beat a hasty retreat because E-Icy was making him uncomfortable.

Rose has been there for hours, taking down Lone Star's runes. How did she not notice him and/or he not notice her?

Crisis21
2011-08-06, 12:31 AM
Rose has been there for hours, taking down Lone Star's runes. How did she not notice him and/or he not notice her?

May I direct your attention to the above post regarding the classic 'just keep missing each other' scenario? I'm pretty sure there's a trope about it, but I don't feel like hunting it down.

Out of character reason is because I had him in mind as being there all day and had no idea that Rose was also there off-screen.

Grif
2011-08-06, 02:06 AM
Um, so how?

Benson
2011-08-06, 08:07 AM
Eh....oddly.......I just had a short dream about this rp xD

Sorta mornin' ya'll

Grif
2011-08-06, 08:19 AM

Sorta mornin' ya'll

I think I just had a brain fart. :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-06, 08:25 AM

Sorta mornin' ya'll

A dream about the RP universe, or just posting in it? :smalltongue: yessss...give in to the ponies...it is your destiny...

Benson
2011-08-06, 08:46 AM
Both, at the beginning it more or less started with postin.....then it transitioned into ze screwy world that is the RP.

Then it became about pirates for some reason. Pony pirates.

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 10:35 AM
Speaking of screwed up world, wait till you find out where Rose Bolt ACTUALLY sent Lone Star because she forgot to carry the decimal... *snicker*

Both, at the beginning it more or less started with postin.....then it transitioned into ze screwy world that is the RP.

Then it became about pirates for some reason. Pony pirates.

My little booty, my little booty...
YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Benson
2011-08-06, 10:36 AM
Weren't they fighting outside? I thought they were all still front of the house, not inside.

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 10:39 AM
Weren't they fighting outside? I thought they were all still front of the house, not inside.

Rose was in the house. Not sure about Icy and Fox Trot.

Grif
2011-08-06, 10:57 AM
Rose was in the house. Not sure about Icy and Fox Trot.

Standing outside, facing in. The wall probably blown to bits by now. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Eh I wanted to reply, then I realised HalfTangible haven't responded to Icy's action. :smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 11:45 AM
Standing outside, facing in. The wall probably blown to bits by now. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Eh I wanted to reply, then I realised HalfTangible haven't responded to Icy's action. :smalltongue:
... Oh yeah.

That.

Soon as I get home

Benson
2011-08-06, 11:51 AM
Before I re-edit my post xD

is this 'them' that's Tyrol's hustling both Ember and Aubade?

Grif
2011-08-06, 11:54 AM
Before I re-edit my post xD

is this 'them' that's Tyrol's hustling both Ember and Aubade?

Yes. :smalltongue:

Were you expecting Tyrol to hustle somepony else?

Benson
2011-08-06, 11:55 AM
Yes. :smalltongue:

Were you expecting Tyrol to hustle somepony else?

I just thought he was gonna bother Ember only :P

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-06, 12:10 PM
...I leave for a few hours to go shopping, and Gear has already blown something up.

Somehow? I'm not surprised. :smalltongue:

*nervously 4th-wall-pokes Sandy*

Come onnnnnn, stop having such a measly constitution! You're missing all the action! You need to do your job as one of the few sane ones left!

Benson
2011-08-06, 01:51 PM
@mindfreak

Blaze should know where's she's going since he got the message too.
---

Also, I hope somepony remembers to make sure the Cirrus is a-okay to be left in Sandy's sleeping hooves :smalltongue:

---

also HalfIntangible

It might occur to the players, but characters like Gearstride, who's in there.............won't care as she lobs more explosives :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-06, 01:55 PM
Also, I hope somepony remembers to make sure the Cirrus is a-okay to be left in Sandy's sleeping hooves :smalltongue:

Knowing my/his luck, the answer to that is going to be...no. :smalleek:

*resumes 4th-wall-pokes with gusto*

Crisis21
2011-08-06, 04:31 PM
Deadtiming to bake 8 dozen cookies.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-06, 04:35 PM

Yum! :smallbiggrin:

MCerberus
2011-08-06, 05:38 PM

Chris21 baked 96 cookies. That's as much as 8 dozen, and that's terrible ponyful.

Grif
2011-08-06, 06:54 PM
Eh Bunny, do you think you could separate all the different speakers in your posts to different paragraphs/lines? Even with colours, I find it rather difficult to read. Just sayin'.

Bunny Earz
2011-08-06, 07:02 PM
Eh Bunny, do you think you could separate all the different speakers in your posts to different paragraphs/lines? Even with colours, I find it rather difficult to read. Just sayin'.

Kay, sorry.

MCerberus
2011-08-06, 10:59 PM
Hey Grif, did you catch the 'on the way to the guardhouse' post?

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 11:16 PM
It strikes me that there are too many ponies fighting Rose bolt to keep track of. Many of whom are there by pure virtue of 'just cuz' which, while fine at a bar or in the street or at the gate, isn't a good reason for someone to break into someone else's home, or a closed Library.

So i'm going to pull a scenario to pull Rose Bolt, Fox Trot and Icy Touch elsewhere because a fight I can't keep track of isn't very fun. Or sensible.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

Grif
2011-08-06, 11:19 PM
Hey Grif, did you catch the 'on the way to the guardhouse' post?

I did, but I figure you were addressing Ember, instead of me. So yeah, was I suppose to give a comment? :smalltongue:

@Above
I'm okay with it. Icy probably would get whooped anyway, judging from Rose's apparent power level.

MCerberus
2011-08-06, 11:27 PM
It was more of an 'over the shoulder' comment. We could move straight to the guard house though.

HalfTangible
2011-08-06, 11:29 PM
I did, but I figure you were addressing Ember, instead of me. So yeah, was I suppose to give a comment? :smalltongue:

@Above
I'm okay with it. Icy probably would get whooped anyway, judging from Rose's apparent power level.

She does have a weakness that i haven't found a way to hint at yet in part because i thought it up just now...

Crisis21
2011-08-06, 11:54 PM
Chris21 baked 96 cookies. That's as much as 8 dozen, and that's terrible ponyful.

Actually, it ended up being 8 baker's dozen, so 104 cookies. *passes out digital cookies to everypony*

She does have a weakness that i haven't found a way to hint at yet in part because i thought it up just now...

I have several thoughts on how to take her even without that.

In fact, when you mentioned that she had a super-speed ability, my first thought was 'you know, one of Issun's tricks is tailor made for that'.

And, I'd advise her not trying the portal strike thing on Handsome. His counter-magic abilities could lead to her self-amputating whatever came through the portal.

Mystic Muse
2011-08-06, 11:56 PM
So, Crisis, about Mystic Blade putting the guards to the test....When is that going to be happening again?

Crisis21
2011-08-07, 12:14 AM
So, Crisis, about Mystic Blade putting the guards to the test....When is that going to be happening again?

How does immediately after the thief plot sound?

Mystic Muse
2011-08-07, 12:23 AM
How does immediately after the thief plot sound?

Very good. Thank you.

HalfTangible
2011-08-07, 12:36 AM
Actually, it ended up being 8 baker's dozen, so 104 cookies. *passes out digital cookies to everypony*

I have several thoughts on how to take her even without that.

In fact, when you mentioned that she had a super-speed ability, my first thought was 'you know, one of Issun's tricks is tailor made for that'.

And, I'd advise her not trying the portal strike thing on Handsome. His counter-magic abilities could lead to her self-amputating whatever came through the portal.

The portal works by letting the the things that go through it go back in time - it wouldn't amputate her leg and you'd have to get it when she actually cast the spell.

Benson
2011-08-07, 01:03 AM
The portal works by letting the the things that go through it go back in time - it wouldn't amputate her leg and you'd have to get it when she actually cast the spell.

Damnit...can't ya just make this easier and handwave it xP :smallbiggrin:

Crisis21
2011-08-07, 01:10 AM

And if she touches Handsome, it will cause any spell she has active to be disrupted, such as the portal, potentially causing it to fail and closing with different parts of her on either side of it.

HalfTangible
2011-08-07, 10:55 AM
And if she touches Handsome, it will cause any spell she has active to be disrupted, such as the portal, potentially causing it to fail and closing with different parts of her on either side of it.

That's not how the portal works - her leg would just pop out of existence in the time the portal went to, and into existence where it was formed.

Crisis21
2011-08-07, 05:00 PM
That's not how the portal works - her leg would just pop out of existence in the time the portal went to, and into existence where it was formed.

Okay, that makes more sense.

Edit: Also, on Rose's little personal plane trick: Does that leave any sort of trace behind that could potentially be followed?

Benson
2011-08-07, 05:07 PM
Speaking of stuff Crisis21, apparently Ember's being forced to talk to the Captain at the guardhouse. Blame Tyrol :smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2011-08-07, 05:12 PM
Okay, that makes more sense.

Edit: Also, on Rose's little personal plane trick: Does that leave any sort of trace behind that could potentially be followed?

That would ruin the entire point of bringing them there in the first place! :smallannoyed:

Crisis21
2011-08-07, 05:15 PM
That would ruin the entire point of bringing them there in the first place! :smallannoyed:

*Holds up hands in a placating gesture* I'm just asking. Would you mind having Lone Star freed from his imprisonment at least?

HalfTangible
2011-08-07, 05:45 PM
*Holds up hands in a placating gesture* I'm just asking. Would you mind having Lone Star freed from his imprisonment at least?

Sure. Rose Bolts plot isn't as fun as I'd hoped anyway

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-07, 08:14 PM
@Orzel: Sorry, I made an edit right as you were posting. I don't think it affects anything you did, but just a heads-up.

Mystic Muse
2011-08-07, 10:38 PM
New thread for FwM. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11591489

Crisis21
2011-08-08, 01:09 AM
Ooh, nifty!

Grif
2011-08-08, 03:49 AM
Sure. Rose Bolts plot isn't as fun as I'd hoped anyway

I am curious. What were you planning for her? Some sort of comic chase scene as she tries to murder everypony?

Bunny Earz
2011-08-08, 08:05 AM
School starts. Deadtime for 7 or so hours. :smallannoyed::smallsigh::smallannoyed:

TheAmishPirate
2011-08-08, 08:16 AM
Orzel, can Sandy see Backlash or not?

Orzel
2011-08-08, 08:21 AM
Orzel, can Sandy see Backlash or not?

He can. He is solid too enough to touch too.

Backlash is pretty much a wight in this form... with a few differences.

HalfTangible
2011-08-08, 09:20 AM
I am curious. What were you planning for her? Some sort of comic chase scene as she tries to murder everypony?

I don't remember. That might be part of the problem :smalltongue:

Grif
2011-08-08, 11:26 AM
I don't remember. That might be part of the problem :smalltongue:

That'll do it.

Also, the new thread opens with shipping. Shipperific!