PDA

View Full Version : Obsidian Portal

Tekren
2011-08-01, 02:37 PM
Hello, Playgrounders.

How many people here use online campaign resources like Obsidian Portal? Are there better tools to use? If you do use tools like these, how useful do you find them?

KillianHawkeye
2011-08-01, 04:19 PM
Hello, Playgrounders.

How many people here use online campaign resources like Obsidian Portal? Are there better tools to use? If you do use tools like these, how useful do you find them?

One of my DMs uses that. It seems pretty cool, but I haven't gotten too into it yet since he only runs is game once a month.

Arbane
2011-08-01, 07:50 PM
My DM uses it - it makes a good reference between sessions.

supermonkeyjoe
2011-08-02, 04:27 AM
I use it extensively for my campaign Nightmares of the Last War (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/therealm) it's great for organising NPCs and items so that players can see exactly what I want them to,

It's also great for filling in players on information about a campaign setting they might not be familiar with, instead of giving them a massive manuscript you can point them at your Obsidian Portal wiki and they can check out exactly what they want to know

Imaginos
2011-08-02, 04:54 AM
My group, at least the GM, is using it. Aside from myself, nobody else ever checks it. He's also running a different PBP game on it. I've started up a game on RPOL, and think it might be better in the long run. TBD on that though.

JediSoth
2011-08-02, 10:22 AM
I've tinkered with it. When I finally get another group with a regular game established, I'm definitely using it for a campaign wiki & resource. It'll be less work than setting up a Wordpress site just to deal with that.