PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Night Masks (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 04:07 AM
OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210251)

Night descends upon the city of Westgate as you're led by the hooded guards along some god-forsaken street in the Harborside. There are no people outside at this late hour, the windows of the little shacks around you are all pitch-dark. Your last job pulled for the Night Masks, the secret thief leaders of Westgate was an utter success. You managed to acquire the signet ring of Gwadron Luer and forge that merchant treaty concerning Calimshan silk supplies exactly as it was planned. The mysterious leaders wearing white porcelain domino masks have no reason to distrust you.
One of the hooded men suddenly stops and pulls open a seemingly rusty grate which slides smoothly to the side without making a sound. Motioning you to step inside you obey, walking along the dim lit corridors, passing huge cellars on the way. It's the first time you will meet your real employer, the secretive person you only know as 'the Benefactor', who's intent on overthrowing the crime organization of the Night Masks and who recruited you exactly for the purpose of infiltrating their ranks.
Finally a guard opens an oversized door and waits until you all move in. The first thing you see are two gigantic reddish paws but as you look further up you notice the monster’s shimmering scales giving a golden-reddish hue to the torchlight illuminating the walls. The brass creature bends its scaly neck and a huge reptilian head towers over you.
"You passed my test", the dragon says while you're still busy closing your gaping mouths and regaining your voices. "Time to discuss some basic strategies."
Map of Westgate (http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/the_silversword/maps/large/5e85f4728f6058fba809538007bafc9d.jpg?v=232800)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 04:30 AM
"I don’t know how much information you have about the Night Masks”, the dragon continues as you all gather around him. "But they are a disaster to the city of Westgate. We’re talking about reputedly seven people who are presumably well respected public figures here in the city. They’re of course called Night Masks because of the domino masks they leave around after pulling an especially important job. Yet this is surely no news to you as you already succeeded in the first task: you managed to join the Night Masks without raising suspicion. Well done." He begins to pace around in the giant cave, his wings fluttering in his wake. "But from now on things will be more difficult. You will have to remain in good standing with the organization, meaning you should try and complete as many assignments as you can, and complete them well. The hierarchy of the Night Masks is yet unknown as is the way they pass information to and from their superiors. Your real task is to find out as much as you can about this structure and to unmask the Night Masks.” He stops in his tracks, slowly turning to you. "I’d like to know more about the people I work with. Could you all tell me why you took this job? Also, what are your thoughts about infiltrating one of the most prestigious thieves’ guilds in Faerun?"

planswalker
2011-08-05, 04:37 AM
The scrawny black crowfolk in thieves' garb says, "I joined because I also wish to see the Masks be taken down. It is a matter of family honor and pride that they be no longer around to terrorize my people."

Abemad
2011-08-05, 04:56 AM
Zoe proudly says Because I truly believe that taking down the Night Masks is the only way out of my virtual enslavement.

In a low voice she adds

Besides, I'm good at what I do, I'm sure I'll be allright...

I won't even attempt to bluff... Obvoiusly Zoe is terrified at the prospect, but she is also convinced it is the only way out alive

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 06:58 AM
"I'm sorry to hear that", the dragon remarks, looking intently at Chogan with its bright yellow eyes. "I wasn't aware of a kenku community within the walls of Weatgate. So your people are terrorized by the Night Masks? How so?" His neck turning to Zoe he continues: "Enslavement? Do you have a master you must answer to?"

planswalker
2011-08-05, 07:10 AM
"Indeed. So great is their persecution of my family that few even know we exist. Such is how rare we are."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 07:35 AM
"Indeed you are." He gives Chogan a quizzical look. "You have a way with words, I see."

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-05, 07:55 AM
Clearing his throat with a small cough, "Good evening Sir, its a pleasure to finally meet you. My name, although I'm sure you know it already is Jack Taylor. Why I took this Job? The Night Masks are truely a plague on society, they steal, cheat and use violence to get their way. Countless families have been hurt and destroyed by their unquenchable greed. Someone should have stopped them long ago, its time they recieved the righteous justice they deserve.

But truthfully, why are *you* so interested in taking down the night masks? I've never met a dragon before, but from what I've heard they are aloof from most affairs of mankind. What has gotten you so interested in them?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 08:15 AM
"What you heard is largely correct, Jack Taylor", he responds in his rumbling voice. "But as it so happens I have a few friends bound by life or in death to this city. Friends I hold dear. And as for future purposes..." He thinks for a moment. "You can call me Firetalon", he finally says. "My real name is too complicated for hasty creatures like you."

marcielle
2011-08-05, 08:36 AM
'Freedom, friendship and the greater good? Wow. Now I feel kinda bad that I only took this job because I wanted to see if the Night Masks wore actual masks...'

Abemad
2011-08-05, 09:38 AM
Well, I guess enslavement isn’t exactly the right word… I inherited a large debt to them from my father, and as far as I can see, there’s not a chance I can pay it off in my lifetime. They keep adding small expenses to it…

Rizhail
2011-08-05, 10:33 AM
After her initial shock at the fact that her employer was a dragon had worn off, Talindra waited patiently for the others to finish speaking before commenting. "I will admit that I feel the same way," she said, nodding to Yerrval. "I am here because I was offered the opportunity to take part in infiltrating and rendering impotent the most powerful, and dangerous, organization in the region. Challenging and intriguing, just the sort of thing I enjoy. I don't have any personal stake or cause involved."

planswalker
2011-08-05, 11:05 AM
"My reason is not something as simple as friendship, but one of blood and oaths and duty to my race."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 11:10 AM
"Blood oath, a lifetime debt and noble ideas to rid the city of its evil rulers behind the scenes..." Firetalon echoes. "Fine. Knowing that you're well capable of doing your job I should probably let you go back. We don't want to attract too much attention with all of you missing, do we? But let's not forget we need a way to communicate with each other, as I would very much like you to report any news to me, as soon as you have some..." He scratches his head with a talon and continues: "To the northwest of the city you will find the Dhostar estate. Walk around it until you reach the northwest corner. From there turn west and continue until you're inside the forest and see the gnarled old birch tree. An eagle will be waiting for you there every day exactly at noon. Is there anything else you want to know?"

planswalker
2011-08-05, 11:14 AM
"Well, I could ferry messages for us. What's one more raven out of all the birds in Waterdeep?" The previously silent raven who just poked his head out of Chogan's belt pouch said.

One has to wonder why a raven is in a pocket. Also curious is their similarities to a writing desk.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-05, 11:22 AM
"Well, there are some in Westgate too, my dear raven", Firetalon replies. "If you think you can leave the city unseen and meet the eagle without attracting too much attention, so be it." He turns to Chogan. "Never let your tiny friend carry scrolls. The eagle will understand his words."

Lokio
2011-08-05, 12:11 PM
Sono Vahor smiles. A handsome halfling, he seems better suited for singing at a nightclub or wooing ladies than combat, but here he stands, brimming with enchantments. "I'm here because I can be... what better way to challenge oneself than do good works? Plus, they make the rest of us less lawful types look so bad..."

marcielle
2011-08-05, 08:01 PM
Hey, I think I know you. You're that awesome little guy who walked into the tavern last week with a lady on each arm. And left with one on each finger!

Rizhail
2011-08-05, 11:58 PM
Glad that a means of communicating with their benefactor had been established, Talindra shook her head when the dragon asked if there were any questions. "I cannot speak for the others, but I have nothing to ask. And it would be best if we returned to our supposed masters soon. An eclectic group like this will not be missed for long."

Abemad
2011-08-06, 04:03 AM
Nodding at Talindra I agree, we should return soon. I assume any future questions can be directed to the eagle?

Lokio
2011-08-06, 04:06 AM
Hey, I think I know you. You're that awesome little guy who walked into the tavern last week with a lady on each arm. And left with one on each finger!

Sono winks. "I sang 'Erythnul Went Down to Eberron', that fiddle tune, and the ladies loved it. Then I hit em with a little 'Livin' on a Prayer' and that was that."

He adjusts his crossbow on his back. "So, what's the plan, then?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-06, 04:54 AM
"Seems that's settled, then", Firetalon says. "You can indeed direct any further questions to the eagle. If the eagle is ever missing at the birch tree at noon that means trouble. Then you probably try and leave the city as soon as you can. Good luck to you all."
You proceed to leave the huge chamber the way you came, led by the hooded guards. You pass the grate and step out on the street. You realize the guards must emanate some protective magic as the only passenger you meet seems oblivious to you. Finally the guards wave their good byes and leave. You continue down the alley and emerge at the temple of Lathander. being near the crossing of the Southgate Way and Westgate Market Street. You stop at the familiar place making plans about what you should do next.
You can go anywhere in Westgate (except the Tower District, which is off limits), some suggestions:
Go back to the Rising Raven Inn you have been staying so far.
Walk to the Central District in case you have shopping needs.
Go to the thieves' secret meeting place (the only one that you're aware of) and check the current bounty assignments.

Lokio
2011-08-06, 05:10 AM
"We should head to the meet site and see what bounties are available. We're best off working." Sono smiles at the groups as he says it, then winks at a pretty girl passing by in his ever-so-charming manner and sees what she does.

Abemad
2011-08-06, 05:15 AM
You're right, we should just continue doing what we usually do

marcielle
2011-08-06, 07:44 AM
'Well what I USUALLY do is smash stuff or get smashed, but that's neither here nor there, so I guess I might as well get some work in' says a grinning Yervall.

Now that he is no longer trying to be stealthy, Yervall more dances than walks, ocassionally doing a full turn on his heel, swaying side to side and moving to a tune only he seems to hear.

Rizhail
2011-08-06, 10:35 AM
A ghostly smile on her face from Sono's antics, Talindra nods at the boisterous bard's suggestion. "It is best to keep up the appearance of eager new recruits to the organization. Checking in for new tasks should be our first goal."

Lokio
2011-08-06, 03:16 PM
Sono beckons and leads them there, whistling a tune.

If they arrive unmolested, he will read out the bounties.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-06, 05:16 PM
Once everyone's walked a short distance away from the hidout/den place Jack stops, "Before we go anywhere and sign up to a hundred different jobs, should we maybe decide what would be our strengths as a group? I'm fairly well rounded and this halfling seems to be with the ladies than all of us put together, but what skills does everyone else have?"

Lokio
2011-08-06, 05:26 PM
"I sing, my songs lift your spirits, making your attacks become far more accurate and powerful. I also am a particularly well-trained enchanter. I make enemies laugh so hard they cannot act, and charm them so they believe I am their best friend. I also am a fair shot with the crossbow."

He smiles. "I also can do things with my hands that would make a whore blush, but -- well, that's hardly what you were talking about."

This character can give you +4 atk/dmg.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-06, 08:19 PM
You walk down the already familiar streets trying to ascertain the strengths of your litte group. Finally you reach the small alley between Silverpeace Way and Naga Way and proceed to sneak inside a nondescript house unseen; you descend a flight of stairs and walk past the cellars. After routinely opening the secret door you hurry through the short tunnel to emerge at the hiding place. The bounty assignments can be found on a chalkboard. You already know the rules of accepting the next assignment: you can only choose one of the current bounties and either of them has to be carried out within a day. It's also heavily frowned upon to finish a job already assigned to someone else. And needless to say, you have to keep away from the city watch and protect the secrets of the guild at all costs.

You walk up to the chalkboard and read today's bounties:

Wanted: Vartrarex, the shop-keeper dead or alive (preferably dead) (2000 gold).

Requested: the retrieval of a piece of jewellery from the Dhostar estate. The item in question is a gold necklace, the pendant depicting the traditional Urdo-eagle decorated with diamonds. Requestor wishes to have evidence against Jackson Lwer planted at the crime scene. Pay will be 5000 gold pieces for a clean job.

Collect long due payment from the Gentle Moon Inn (collect 500 gold, keep 50)

Obtain the secret recipe of the famous Zombie Steak from the Purple Lady (1000 gold).

Payment due in the Blue Banner (collect 300 gold, keep 30).

Assasination of the wizard Dressenel (20000 gold). (taken by Veroniq)

Find the elf called Rusty Dave (who's presumably somewhere in Westgate) and let the guild know about his wherabouts (1000 gold).

Lokio
2011-08-06, 08:39 PM
"If we give me a few hours, I can find Rusty Dave. I'm fairly good at finding people... especially if you all help."

marcielle
2011-08-06, 11:51 PM
Hmmm, I dunno, that job has a distinct lack of smash-kill. Still, between mister popular here and mumbo jumbo Mundoo, we should be able to get it over with quick and move on to a funner job.Yervall smiles lightly,'And who knows, maybe he'll have bodyguards. Or a pet. I worked for a rich guy once. Had a small army on him half the time.'.

Lokio
2011-08-07, 12:32 AM
"You guys sign up for the job then. I'm going to get to work. Please help when you can."

Sono takes off for a few hours, gathering information about Rusty Dave and his wareabouts.

Gather information [roll0] time [roll1] plus any assist bonuses from the party, up to +10 from them.
Gather info 2 [roll2] time [roll3] hours plus any assist bonuses

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 05:51 AM
Sono and Yerrval record the assignment on the chalkboard for the party.

Sono starts questioning people in the streets about Rusty Dave. Most of them just shrug their shoulders but one or two have had apparently heard the name before and it's immediately obvious that the name induces fear in them. N-no idea, w-what you're t-talking about, they would stutter out before backing off Sono and fleeing from his vicinity.
OoC: up to one party member can assist on a skill check see PHB.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 07:25 AM
The party has an active assingment already so you'll either have to cancel it (which will not necessarily increase your good standings with the guild) or you'll have to finish the first assignment first. It comes to your mind that for the future it would be a good idea to have a party discussion before taking an assignment. You can of course try and solve multiple cases at the same time but the Dhostar-case might be taken or done already when you return to this board...

marcielle
2011-08-07, 08:18 AM
Tired of getting the same response, Yervall waits until Sono finds a runner alone. Yervall dissolves into his own shadow and reappears right in front of him before he runs off and whispers in his ear.
'You say you don't know him, well allright then...but I can see it. I can see your fear, you wear it on your face like a cheap whore's makeup. Ponder this. Rusty is scary. And HE doesn't want US to find him. Now what does that say about us, hmmm? Keep your silence if you must, but others will look for him if we can't find him. Others who aren't quite so nice. Yervall gives the scared man's face a good long look. 'I'll be sure to send them your way...'. He then steps aside and gives him a thin, menacing smile.

[roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 08:44 AM
The man collapses whimpering at Yerrval's feet. "P-please g-good sir... I h-have no idea w-where he is... It's just t-that I heard a l-lot about that n-necromancer... d-did you know that that m-murder int the c-cemetery was his d-doing?"

Lokio
2011-08-07, 12:29 PM
Sono smiles. "Relax, friend. That necromancer won't know if you help us. Do you know who might know where he is?"

After the conversation with the runner ends, Sono will cast Improvisation, generating a pool of 12 skillpoints, 3 of which he dumps into his Gather Information skill to find someone who knows where Rusty Dave or the mage himself is.

Gather Info: [roll0] time [roll1]hr

planswalker
2011-08-07, 01:11 PM
Chogan will cast chain of eyes and have Bran hold the charge to deliver the spell. He then will have Bran fly out of his pouch and circle high overhead.

spell is in spell compendium page 45. Using my familiar to deliver the touch spell, basically going to have the raven fly over to someone and brush up against him. Once I have the proper target for the spell, aka, someone who is likely to meet someone who might meet the necromancer.

due to it being a divination spell, save dc is 18

Chogan continues to say nothing, only mutters something as he gestures and releases Bran for some free flying. The bird stays nearby.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 01:32 PM
After finding and interrogating a few more frightened people your investigations lead you to the Purple Lady. Apparently a man called Tyrex Duncan is a regular there and according to your new found information he used to be an adventuring companion of Rusty Dave. You stand in front of the Purple Lady near the southwest corner of the city.
Chogan
Please trigger the raven as soon as you see a suitable person.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-07, 01:39 PM
The man collapses whimpering at Yerrval's feet. "P-please g-good sir... I h-have no idea w-where he is... It's just t-that I heard a l-lot about that n-necromancer... d-did you know that that m-murder int the c-cemetery was his d-doing?"

"Sorry if my friend here scared you, I'm Jack, I'm new in town and a little out of touch with current events. You wouldn't mind telling me a bit more about this would you? Who's the necromancer? What murder?

Diplomacy [roll0]

planswalker
2011-08-07, 02:02 PM
The raven will land on Tyrex's shoulder, ask "Corn? Corn?" and will flap away if shooed off.

the touch triggering the spell and causing a will save.

btw, parrots are not the only talking birds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzi56O8V9bY&feature=related). Thus, a raven repeating one word if a messenger bird would not be too suspicious.

Abemad
2011-08-07, 02:03 PM
We should cover the exits, in case this Tyrex doesn't want to talk with us.

I'll circle around to the back

Zoe makes her way to the back of the purple lady, looking for a back entrance. She will try to hide somewhere with a view to the door.

Hide: [roll0]

Lokio
2011-08-07, 02:04 PM
Sono purses his lips as they arrive. "Listen, perhaps I should handle this. I can charm him subtly, make him think I'm his best buddy... seems like the job for a light touch."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 03:08 PM
Joe
You manage to calm him down a bit. "I just heard rumors of a lady being found dead there, sir..." he says. "And some graves had been disturbed apparently. I... I heard that from a pal of mine who was found dead earlier today..." He starts shaking again and won't speak anymore.
Zoe
You find the back entrance of the tavern facing the city wall, and hide behind some empty crates.
Others
I assume you're still standing around at the entrance?

planswalker
2011-08-07, 03:25 PM
so... did the raven delivering my spell work? am I seeing through his eyes or was the spell resisted?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 07:36 PM
Chogan
Chogan is yet to see Tyrex, as you haven't entered the tavern yet. Will he go in alone?

planswalker
2011-08-07, 07:47 PM
okay, fine, if you're going to be that way...

Chogan will walk in, note the man, then have his familiar tag the man.
'
may I please have my action resolved now?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-07, 08:12 PM
Chogan
You walk through the door. The large tavern is buzzing with life. You learned that Tyrex is supposed to be a big man with dark hair and a beard but you see at least five people who fit this description.
Zoe
So far you only saw some tavern personnel walk in and out the back door. The alley is all silent otherwise.

planswalker
2011-08-07, 08:16 PM
I call out to my companions to walk in and tell them, "Apparently, we didn't get a good enough description of the guy but what there's a half-dozen people we think might be him. Nevermind what should have been a decently unique description. It's common for large men with dark hair and beards to frequent this particular tavern. Must be all the rage with tall men to have dark hair and grow beards."

marcielle
2011-08-07, 09:53 PM
*Inhales deeply*'Ahh, the semll of alcohol and the sounds of people too pissed to think straight. I'm likin' this better already'.
Yerrval waits a bit and makes sure to enter SEPERATE from the rest of the team and walks over to the bartender,'Give me a mug of whatever that old bastard Tyrex drinks'.
If he doesn't know/claims no to know Tyrex, I just ask for ale.
If he gives me anything, I check it with Hunter's Sense.
I get a good sniff of the thing and cassually wander around with my mug in hand, pretending to take sips. I wander close to all 5 men and if note if any of them smell heavily of the particular drink.
Yervall wanders around looking for a seat with a good view of the door.
I ready an action to shadow jaunt so I block the door if any of the black bearded men make a run for it(Or just the particular one, if the scent ploy works).
At no point do I actually drink the stuff. I pretend to drink, act drunk and spill most of it.

Lokio
2011-08-07, 10:37 PM
Sono purses his lips. "I can handle it. I think its time for a performance.. Ill suggest he raises his hand. All we have to do is identfy his location... That's it." He enters the bar and asks the innkeeper to be allowed to sing.

Rizhail
2011-08-08, 12:15 AM
Falling in to her preferred role of support, Talindra gives the others a minute or two inside the bar before she enters. She approaches the bar and drops a few gold coins for the finest wine (or failing that, ale) the place has before seeking out a clear seat as near to the entrance as possible. Should their target try to leave, she'll be ready with a few subtle spells...

Lokio
2011-08-08, 12:24 AM
Sono mutters, "Keep an eye out..." Then he takes to the stage and sings a B-flat to warm his voice up. He slipped a piece of sheet music to the house pianist and smiled at everyone. After the brief introduction and opening up a ghost sound and dancing lights spell to give himself a pyrotechnics and orchestra background, he begins to sing soulfully:

"Well, at first I was afraid... I was petrified
Kept thinking I would never live with a dragon beside
Then I spent so many nights thinking about how it did my village wrong
And I grew strong, and I learned how to get along...

But now it's back, with a 'planar space
Comin' up in here with fire burnin' from its face
I should've hired a warlock
Should've made a brand new key
If I'dve known for just one second it'd be back to take loot from me!"

He goes through a soulful rendition of "I Will Survive", singing about a warrior who faced down a dragon that did him wrong in the past. While he does this, during the bridge, he fascinates the gentlemen who looked like the target.

If he is successful, he uses suggestion, saying, "Would [the name of the target] raise his hand and tell me how he's my biggest fan?!" Sono continues to dance throughout.

WILL VS PERFORM
Fascinate #1, since I can target two and there are six - [roll0]
Fascinate #2 vs next two - [roll1]
Fascinate #3 vs last two - [roll2]

Add any bonuses if you want to for the ghost sound orchestra and the dancing lights fireworks.

SUGGESTION VS EACH WHO DID NOT SAVE = DC 20 WILL
If the DM deems this to be a very reasonable suggestion for the circumstances, the save may be made at a -1 or -2 penalty for the saver.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 03:31 AM
Sono asks the innkeeper to perform who actually seems quite happy about it. He sings his song about a dragon who'd wronged a warrior amidst the fireworks and weaves the spell into the tunes. Everyone in the tavern seems to listen intently. After he finishes he's greeted with a standing ovation and several people raise their hands at the question who his biggest fan might be, including the five bearded man.
Yerrval
The innkeeper hands you a mug of some thick brown beverage smelling heavily of alcohol. You take a sniff a walk about the room. Three of the man in question you can immediately rule out as the color doesn't fit. You walk by the two others and manage to discern the different scents of their drinks. (They seem to be taken in by the bard's performance, so you don't think you raised suspicion.) You stop at the table your man sits at, giving your companions a subtle sign.
Chogan
You spot Yerrval's swift nod as he stops at the table of one of the bearded man. Bran has no trouble flying there unnoticed as the whole room seems to be busy cheering the bard. He lands on his shoulder for a quick moment then flaps his wings to get airborne again.
Talindra
The most exotic wine they sell is elven Evermead from Evermeet costing 3 gp a glass.
Zoe
You notice someone swiftly approaching the back door. The figure is clad in leather armor and does not look like personnel to you.
Jack
You can rejoin your comrades at the Purple Lady to share your information with them as you know where they were headed.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 03:54 AM
DM: Whoever Sono's 'biggest fan' with that name was, if he did not save, would stand up and actually come up and TELL Sono about how he is his biggest fan as per the phrasing of the suggestion -- it really is a literal spell. And his hand wouldn't go down until he did. It's the 'super-identify' fanboy strategy! ;) If you disagree or they saved, feel free to leave it as you wish, but that was more what I was going to.

Sono notes what's going on with his teammates, and figures they could probably use some more time and a distraction. He hands the house pianist another sheet of music, and changes the lighting in the room a bit with his magic, lowers the dancing lights, and has the ghost sounds play as a quiet harmonica to introduce his next number.

He fascinates the bearded men again, keeping them rooted in position, for his team. He suggests that they stick around in their seats for another song, using his suggestion ability, and while the call is a spell on those men, it is a powerful call for the crowd in general.

"Well, it's after dusk on a Saturday... the regular crowd shuffles in.
There's an old man sittin' next to me, makin' love to his fine elven gin...
He said, "Sono, would you play me a memory?
I'm not really sure how it goes
But it's sad and its sweet, and I knew it complete
When I wore an adventurer's clothes...

La, la, dee di dah, la da dah dee di dah..."

He motions to the house pianist, who is presumably playing away, featuring him.

"Play us a song, you're the piano bard
Play us a song tonight
For we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feeling all right!"

Sono looks non-chalantly as he smiles at the end of his song, looking to his allies for a nod to see if they need more time.

Perform check for fascinate: [roll0] plus any bonuses for ghost sound/dancing lights background.

DC 20 will save or forced to remain in their seat as per suggestion.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 04:15 AM
Sono
OoC
- Perform over 25 is usually enough to draw the crowd to you without any bardic music.
- You didn't have a way to discern which man you're actually looking for so you would have to fascinate all of them which takes 3 bardic music attempts (initiated in separate rounds) and 5 suggestions (also initiated round by round).
- You only have 6 bardic music attempts per day.
- For the sake of simplicity I'd say you waited for Yerrval to pinpoint the guy, you fascinated him and concentrated on keeping it going. You can also give him a suggestion if you wish.
- In whichever case subtract one bardic music attempt for today.
end OoC

marcielle
2011-08-08, 04:23 AM
Yerrval gives a rather spirited applause to attract Sono's attention. Accompanied with a wink and a nod towards the man he thinks is most likely the one we're looking for.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 04:35 AM
I didn't know we were in initiative, so rounds aren't really important in a 3 minute song. Suggestions do not take bardic music attempts as per PHB, but yes, we'll go for pinpointing the guy through Yerrval, fascinating and suggesting to him that he "Stick around until my week's worth of sets are done and come to each concert! We love seeing you!", so he should stay here for a week so his location is fixed. Bardic music has been subtracted of course for the day. We'll go with the way you said it.

And you'd best love my songs. Because I made them just for you, Badger. ;)

Sono notices the signal and smiles at the crowd. "Stick around here at this fantastic inn - I'm here all week! Come to each concert! You can stop staying here when I'm done in seven nights!" His words seem like a big thanks to everyone, but to the target who is fascinated, they are a literal suggestion.

He then jumps off the stage, retrieving his music and heading for a drink at the bar. He keeps an eye out for the others leaving and orders a gnomish brandy, flirting up a storm with a bar wench.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 04:47 AM
I didn't know we were in initiative, so rounds aren't really important in a 3 minute song...

No. But you cannot fascinate more than two people at the same time and you cannot fire multiple suggestions at the same time. There's nothing wrong with the songs themselves :smallsmile:

Abemad
2011-08-08, 07:08 AM
Hmm, that's odd Zoe thinks to herself. He could be after that recipe, or he could be after our friend Tyrex...
I had better follow him and see what happens

Zoe will wait until the man has entered the Purple Lady, and follow him silently.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

If needed, she will activate her vanishing cloak (invisibility 4 rounds/charge, 3 charges)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 08:06 AM
Zoe
You sneak in behind the man carefully. He seems as intent on not being noticed as you are. You watch him walk past the kitchens up to the main room door. As he opens it you hear loud cheering and shouts of "More, more!". The man freezes for a moment and then hastedly turns, heading back in your direction.

Abemad
2011-08-08, 08:57 AM
When Zoe sees him freeze she quickly activates her vanisher cloak[MiC page 145], and hides herself until he has passed. If he leaves the Purple Lady or heads into the main room she will follow him again.

Incase a spot check is needed to find a hiding place, Spot: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

planswalker
2011-08-08, 10:19 AM
Chogan observes through the man's eyes, confirming that the spell worked.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 01:56 PM
Zoe
The man rushes past you and leaves the Purple Lady through the back door. Do you follow him outside?
Chogan
The spell seems to have worked.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 02:00 PM
OK, so did the suggestion to stay work? We need you to confirm the effectiveness of our spells, mate...

Sono laughs, chilling at the bar. Do they want an encore? ;)

planswalker
2011-08-08, 02:04 PM
If one with a beak could grin, Chogan would have a small half-smile on his face. He sits down in an out of the way corner in the bar and closes his eyes, channeling his vision through the eyes of his unwitting spy.

Abemad
2011-08-08, 02:30 PM
Zoe slowly follows the man outside again, curious to see where he is going.

Move Silently: [roll1]
Don't know if you need both? In any case, she will be ready to use her ghost step (swift action) if neccesary, followed by a charge from her vanishing cloak.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 04:37 PM
Sono
The barmaid flashes you a warm smile.
OoC: The man continues sitting at his table sipping his drink obviously waiting for another song. Whether this is due to your greate performance or to your suggestion you are not completely certain.
Chogan
Tyrex goes on sitting at his table. You can feel his eyes darting around the room, yet he mainly keeps watching Sono at the bar.
Zoe
After slipping out the back door the man continues towards Southgate Way. You feel confident of being able to shadow him without using your cloak or having to ghoststep for now.

Rizhail
2011-08-08, 05:03 PM
With their target still not clear from her vantage point, Talindra nurses her wine and continues to keep an eye out. So long as Sono continues to keep the crowd's attention, she's content to wait for their target to reveal himself before she makes a move.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 05:23 PM
Sono takes his drink and heads up to Tyrex to take a seat. As he does, he uses his subtle bardic magic to fire off a charm person spell to make the man believe they're old buddies.

DC is Will 18 to save.

He asks the man if he can join him. "Hello, my friend! How are you enjoying your evening?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 05:28 PM
Sono
"Of course, it would be an honor", Tyrex says. "What brings you to the Purple Lady? I'm sure you could own the bars in Waterdeep with that performance!"
He flinches as you cast your spell and his expression becomes baffled.
OoC: He may have made his save.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 05:30 PM
OOC: I casted the spell from the crowd as I was approaching so he wouldn't know it was me, btw...

Sono laughs. "Well, thank you. I always appreciate a fan." He smiles and raises his glass. "Cheers, mate. What's your name?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 05:41 PM
"I'm Tyrex", the man answers. "Would you care to do that song again? The one about the dragon?"

Lokio
2011-08-08, 05:51 PM
Sono laughs. "I'd be happy to... but first, I need some help, and I think you're just the man to help me." He whistles a few bars of the song, infusing them with his magic as he does the motions for Charm Person under the table and releases the spell at the man. "I love that song. It's an original. Can I get you a drink? That's what I need help with. I need to get drunk."

Let's try that again. DC 18.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 06:25 PM
Tyrex smiles widely at Sono. "You came to the right guy, pal!" he roars happily, tapping Sono's shoulder. "Hey, Jimmy!" He turns to wave at the bartender. "One more of that Luskan Black ale of yours... in fact make that two!" Jimmy looks in your direction and swiftly taps the requested beverages.
"It's on the house", Jimmy says as he brings the mugs.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 06:27 PM
Sono laughs and clinks glasses with the man once the drinks arrive. He makes like hes taking a long pull to get the man drinking, but he doesn't drink that much himself. "So, mate, how long you staying for?"

He looks past the man for any of his allies, giving a wink as if he was flirting to signal the target is here.

planswalker
2011-08-08, 07:04 PM
Having already marked the man, Chogan continues to "sulk" in his corner and look through the man's eyes.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 07:15 PM
"Haven't decided yet... You know how it goes" Tyrex tells Sono with a wink. "But if you plan to stay in town I might just consider moving here... You should have heard that previous loser calling himself entertainer!"

Lokio
2011-08-08, 07:17 PM
Sono chuckles. "Well, bud, I'll be around. So, how's ol' Rusty Dave doing? I'm supposed to deliver a package to him. Any idea where I can find him? Once I get that taken care of, I'll be performing here every other night."

Bluff vs target who wants to believe me since he's charmed
[roll]1d20+14

Lokio
2011-08-08, 07:19 PM
bluff check, whoops -- [roll0]

marcielle
2011-08-08, 08:34 PM
Welp, this guys looks like he taken care of.
Yerrval gets up (intentionally) in an unsteady manner and says,'You*hic* You are shtupendous. Imma keepin an e*hic* eye out for your neshct performansh'.
He then gives Sono a hearty handshake and (pretends to) stagger off.
When he's a safe distance away, he drops the act slowly and goes off in search of the rest of the members(except the ninja because if he could find her she wouldn't be a ninja) to tell them that the man is DEFINITELY Tyrex

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 08:35 PM
"A package? How odd... What kind of package?" Tyrex asks curiously. "No idea where my old pal is now... met him at the cemetery the other night, that was quite a spectacle..." He grins evilly.
Yerrval
You see Talindra sitting alone at a table and Chogan in a corner. Jack is probably still roaming the streets and Zoe was about to guard the back door.

Lokio
2011-08-08, 08:40 PM
Sono shakes his mates hand, then says, "the icky, not entirely legal kind, if you catch my drift...."

Bluff [roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-08, 08:50 PM
"Oh, come on, there's no need to lie! We're pals, right?" Tyrex looks conspiratively at Sono. "What's in that package then?"

Lokio
2011-08-09, 01:57 AM
Sono laughs and leans in and whispers. "Okay. I can't know for sure... but based on the smell, I think it might be Agony.... don't say a word. If you can find him, that'd be fantastic. There'd be fifty gold in it for you."

Abemad
2011-08-09, 04:09 AM
The others should be able to handle themselves, I had better see what this guy is up to...

Zoe will continue to follow the man through the streets, to see where he is going.

if needed, here are the rolls, if not, just ignore them.
Move Silently: [roll1]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 07:24 AM
"I guess you could try the cemetary then", Tyrex suggests. "If the package is so important... He tends to visit there often because of his experiments." He winks at Sono merrily. "Never a bad thing to have a few undead buddies, ey?"

Zoe
You see the man walk along the Southgate Way then turn left at Southgate Market Street. You follow him along the buzzing road until he disappears in one of the houses. The sign on the house reads 'Gondeth's Mageries'.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-09, 07:43 AM
Whilst all this is happening, Jack finally arrives at the Purple Lady (assumably he's been chasing some other lead that amounted to nothing in the end)

He enters the Purple Lady, takes the nearest free table to the door and orders a cup of wine.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 07:56 AM
Jack
You see quite a happy crowd assembled in the tavern. You spot Sono at a table talking to a big bearded man, Talindra sitting a few tables away sipping at something that sparkles like fluid crystal and Chogan in a corner apparently deep in thoughts.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-09, 08:19 AM
Scrap the sitting down at the nearest table, Jack heads over to the table Talindra's at,

In a hushed tone "So how's it going here? Is that the guy over there?" nodding towards Sono's companion

marcielle
2011-08-09, 08:36 AM
'Yep'. Yerrval joins them at their table.
'Sono's got him, and half the bar, eating out the palm of his hand'.

'So... After we get the info out of him, should we just forget about him? On one hand, he's seen me and Sono. On the other...',Yerrval casually tips out the remaining drink onto the floor.'Anyone who regularly drinks this **** is probably suffering enough already'.

Needless to say, Yerrval doesn't approve of Tyrex's choice of drink.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-09, 08:59 AM
"hmmm... Well it depends, will we be going straight after the necromancer now? because if not he may give away that we're looking for him, meaning we should probably detain him or "inconvienience" him. We'll need to talk to Sono before we do anything though.

planswalker
2011-08-09, 09:49 AM
A raven flits over and whispers in Yerrval's ear, "Our favorite crowfolk has an eye on the fellow if you catch my drift. It may be we can spy out through him something we won't see if he's detained."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 10:44 AM
"So will you continue your little performance?" Tyrex inquires. "If you do I'll stay to listen. But otherwise I have some business to attend to at the Harborside."

Abemad
2011-08-09, 12:24 PM
After waiting a few minutes, Zoe will head back to the Purple Lady, and join the others in the main room.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 12:49 PM
Zoe
Do you plan to enter the tavern or will go to the back door?

Abemad
2011-08-09, 01:12 PM
Just through the front door :smallwink:

Lokio
2011-08-09, 01:40 PM
"I guess you could try the cemetary then", Tyrex suggests. "If the package is so important... He tends to visit there often because of his experiments." He winks at Sono merrily. "Never a bad thing to have a few undead buddies, ey?"

"True... alright. Thanks, mate." He pays the money and shouts, "Break's over! Who wants another song?"

He goes back up and sings "I Will Survive" again, then closes down for the night with a classic fiddle number, "Erythnul Went Down to Eberron" (OOC: The Devil Went Down to Georgia, in case you're wanting to sing along).

Firing up the ghost sound orchestra with the long fiddle introduction, he comes in singing intensely and very, very fast.

1d20+16 perform plus any bonuses for ghost sound orchestra

"Erythnul went down to Eberron
He was lookin' for a soul to steal
He was in a bind, as he was way behind, and he was willin' to make a deal
When he came across some young bard, sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot
And Erythnul jumped up on a hickery stump and said, "Bard, let me tell ya hwhat!
I'll bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too
And if you'd care to take a dare, then I'll make a bet with you
Now you play a pretty mean fiddle, bard, but you give the Many his due
I bet a fiddle o' gold against your soul, 'cause I think I'm better than you!"

He takes a dramatic pause, feeling the excitement in the air, then continues!

"The bard said, 'My name's Sono, and it might be a sin
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret, 'cause I'm the best there's ever been!
Sono, rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard
'Cause Erythnul's loose in Eberron and the Many deals the cards
If you win you get this shiny fiddle made o' gold
But if you lose, Erythnul gets your soul!"

He continues on through the song about how a young halfling bard went on to outplay the God of Slaughter and win a shiny fiddle of gold. After that, he bows, thanks everyone, and says he'll be back two nights hence. If there are any gold pieces thrown at him, he picks them up. Roses, too. Phone numbers, also.

He then leaves, making sure the others see him go outside.

Lokio
2011-08-09, 01:42 PM
whoops, that roll was [roll0]

Wow. Apparently I'm straight up retarded.

Lokio
2011-08-09, 01:43 PM
[roll0] perform

Annndddd third times the charm.

planswalker
2011-08-09, 01:49 PM
Chogan continues to pretend to nap as he looks through Tyrex's eyes.

Rizhail
2011-08-09, 02:40 PM
Finishing off her drink, Talindra nods subtly at Sono's retreating form. "We have eyes on our target. Let's go after our boisterous bard and see what he learned. We can make further plans after that." She gives Sono a minute or so before rising and following after him, curious what the bard has planned for a followup.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 03:16 PM
Sono
The people must love you indeed. You receive 5 gp in total from the happy crowd.
Sono walks outside and Talindra, Jack and Yerrval try to follow unobtrusively. As Zoe arrives at the scene they already start gathering in front of the Purple Lady.
Chogan
Tyrex stands up and walks around the room a bit, tapping shoulders, shaking hands. Then he proceeds to leave the room via the kitchen door.

Lokio
2011-08-09, 03:20 PM
Sono whispers to the others, "I said I had a package of Agony to deliver to Dave. He's charmed, and will be for several hours. He told me to check the cemetary. I think he's full of crap, but we should check it out quickly to rule it out. I heard a spell earlier -- did the bird get eyes on the target? If so, he can track Tyrex's route and we can follow him too."

Abemad
2011-08-09, 04:00 PM
After hearing what has happened inside, Zoe quickly gives a recap of what she has seen

Something weird was going on with that guy, he obviously didn't want to be seen, and he left in a hurry when he heard the show inside... I followed him to a place called Gondeth's Mageries a few streets from here, I think its a shop for magical components? It could be connected to our missing necromancer. If we have a way of tracking Tyrex, we could check out the shop in the meantime, or we could split up, if we have some way of communicating with eachother...

SleepyBadger
2011-08-09, 08:54 PM
So what do you plan to do? Follow Tyrex, go to the cemetery or visit the magic shop?

Rizhail
2011-08-09, 09:06 PM
Talindra frowns for a moment. "If the cemetary is the answer Tyrex gave while charmed, then I agree we should check it out first. It might also be best if only one of us approaches the magic shop for now; we're an odd bunch, and when we're investigating a place that sees a lot of traffic we should minimize the chance we'll be recognized as a single, suspicious group."

marcielle
2011-08-09, 09:09 PM
'Now, either that man Zoe followed knows a bard at work when he sees err... hears one, or he's a real music critic. In any case, don't really think splitting up inta small groups all that good of an idea. Two groups of 3 would be more tactically sound. Like, Tal could enter the shop with Jack, since they both know magic, but be shadowed by me or Zoe. We'll probably want at least one person who can take a few blows goin to the cemetry. No tellin' if Rusty's already expectin' visitors on either front.'.

Abemad
2011-08-10, 04:58 AM
That still leaves Tyrex alone... We could send 3 to the cemetary, 2 to the mage shop, and have 1 follow Tyrex? In any case, we must decide quickly, whoever is in that shop, might not be there for long.

Lokio
2011-08-10, 05:03 AM
Sono shakes his head. "We have eyes on Tyrex. We can chase him down quickly enough if we need to. I'd quickly head to the cemetary as a team, then the mage shop. Splitting up puts us at undue risk. If Tyrex takes us somewhere good, we can go running. Remember, if he shows us where Dave is, that's all we need to report. We don't have to capture the guy."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 07:06 AM
You stand around debating what the best course of action might be.
Chogan
Tyrex walks along the South Ssem Spur and then continues down the Wagonwheel Ride.

planswalker
2011-08-10, 07:39 AM
Chogan, being effectively blind while looking through Tyrex's eyes, will wait in the corner until his party decides to go to the cemetary as is the most logical choice and Bran will alight on his shoulder and act as his eyes, guiding his steps to keep from falling or stumbling while continuing to watch through Tyrex's eyes.

marcielle
2011-08-10, 08:23 AM
'Lookey here, Mundo's got Tyrex's number, so we kin ferget about him. Tal's a given for the magic shop job and Sono got us the lead on the cemetry. I say we make 'em the group leaders for now and have 'em choose who they think would be best for the respective jobs'.
'OR we could stand here and yap till the bovines dun return to their domiciles'.
'Also, if'n the man IS still at the magic shop, we don't actually know who he is or what he looks like and a whole buncha us askin him OR the shopkeeper if his name is Dave is a sure fire way to let him know we're on to him. All in all we should stay in small inconspicuous groups and, now I CAN'T BELIEVE I'm sayin this, avoid any sorta conflict. Leastwise, any big enuff ta require all 6 o' us'.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-10, 09:02 AM
"I'm thinking that sounds like a plan, but I'd say it'd be better to send more people to the cemetary, like four go to the cemetary, two to the magic shop as we're probably less likely to encounter trouble in a shop."

Abemad
2011-08-10, 09:46 AM
Well, the shop is on the way to the cemetary, no sense in just walking past it without checking it out. Talindra or Jack could walk in and buy some minor trinket, while Yerval or I could watch the door from afar. Meanwhile, the rest of you, walking another route, head for the cemetary. We could probably catch you before you got past the river.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 10:07 AM
Chogan
Tyrex strolls along the alleys at the Harborside until he reaches a forlorn looking warehouse at the docks. You see him grab a key from his pocket and open the door. As he moves inside the dimly lit building you feel his eyes darting around noticing some figures shamble towards him from the corner of his eyes. A dark shadow appears at the back of the hall, almost invisible to Tyrex's sight. Two swords fly out of nowhere in front of you and you realize Tyrex must have drawn his weapons.

planswalker
2011-08-10, 11:38 AM
Chogan, still sitting in the corner of the inn as no one has done anything yet, whispers to his bird and it flies over to the group.

"Uh, fellas, if we're done talking things to death, Our dear buddy Tyrex has gotten himself into trouble. Looks to the Boss like we might best be served by splitting up. Two to the graveyard, two to the magic shop, and two to the warehouse. He suggests that he and Mr Voice over here go to the warehouse to observe what happens and intervene if necessary. The other four can do as you wish but Boss suggests that the two best capable of handling trouble go to the graveyard and scope it out."

With that said, the bird goes back inside, and Chogan stands up, still seeing through Tyrex's eyes rather than his own and uses the bird to navigate himself through the inn and out with the group.

"Little Singer, shall we be off?"

Assuming Sono agrees, the blind seer leads the halfling off in the direction of the warehouse.

Abemad
2011-08-10, 01:48 PM
Well then, we had better hurry... Yerval, I'm guessing that you are better in a straight fight than I am, so I had better go to the shop. Talindra, Jack, what do you say?

Assuming all agree, Zoe will head off in the shortest direction to the shop with either Talindra or Jack.

Rizhail
2011-08-10, 03:03 PM
Talindra nods at Zoe and heads off to the shop with her. "I expect my magic will be more useful dealing with the living."

Lokio
2011-08-10, 03:06 PM
Sono agrees and follows the bird at a run.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 03:45 PM
Chogan
You see a huge battle breaking out. The shambling figures turn out to be some form of undead attacking Tyrex from two sides. The dark shadow far ahead comes closer... he looks like a dark robed man, his hands gracefully weaving magical patterns into the air... a green ray shoots towards Tyrex, who manages to dodge it just in the last second.
Chogan and Sono
Sono and Bran lead the momentarily blind seer along South Ssem Spur. (OoC: You cannot run while Chogan is blind.)
Talindra and Zoe
You dash towards Southgate Way and sprint along the Market Street. You reach Gondeth's Mageries very quickly but also very much out of breath.

Yerrval and Jack
You make your way towards the cemetary.

Lokio
2011-08-10, 06:51 PM
Sono swears. "Status? I'm not exactly an expert in hand to hand combat..."

planswalker
2011-08-10, 08:18 PM
"It appears that our friend has found himself the necromancer and is being attacked by undead. We'd best hurry." That being said, Chogan will open his eyes, run 1 round, then walk the next with his eyes closed to speed things along.

Lokio
2011-08-10, 08:28 PM
"Sh*t. Can you send the raven to get the rest of the team? This is why people need to listen to my remarkably smart ideas about not splitting up."

Sono sprints as fast as he can. If he can, once he arrives, he sights in on the necromancer and snaps a couple of arcane motions with his hands, his teeth in a sneer as he sings up a powerful hold person spell.

DC is 19 Will.

marcielle
2011-08-10, 09:47 PM
Yerrval runs full pelt towards the cemetry. Once near enough, he draws his chain from under his cloak and signals for Jack to wait up a bit. He turns invisible, teleports about 50 feet into the cemetry and makes a quick check(and sniff) around before running back to Jack.
[roll0] check and scent for 30 feet

SleepyBadger
2011-08-10, 10:18 PM
Chogan
Tyrex is now surrounded by monsters. He slashes one up skillfully, stabs the other but they keep coming at him. As he looks down at himself you notice his leg bleeding heavily. The dark figure seems to move his lips as if answering some silent question then he lifts his hand again for another spell.
(OoC: assuming Chogan keeps Bran with him...)
You start moving faster along the Wagonwheel Ride and soon reach the border of Harborside district.
Sono
You start running but soon realize that you don't have any idea where exactly the warehouse is. So you keep jogging alongside Chogan down the Wagonwheel Ride.
Yerrval
The cemetary looks quite peaceful at a quick glance. You see a few townspeople tending graves, others walking around in deep thoughts. You notice a whiff of decay as you sniff in the air.

planswalker
2011-08-10, 10:52 PM
If any living creature touches Tyrex, Chogan will switch the focus to the new target. Other than that, he continues as he has been.

Abemad
2011-08-11, 03:59 AM
Zoe will enter the shop behind Talindra, taking on the part of guide/bodyguard

You had better do the talking in there, I haven't the faintest idea of what to buy inside... I'll give you a nod if the man I saw at the inn is inside.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 05:48 AM
Chogan
The dark robed magician fires another multicolored ray at Tyrex which strikes true this time. Tyrex's movements become clumsier as he tries to fend off the undead swarm.
Chogan and Sono
You hurry down the Westlight Walk and take a left into the alley the warehouse is in.
Yerrval and Jack
You wait a little while until only one small group of people remains standing vigil next to a tomb entrance.
OoC: Please roll a spot check. You will also need move silently checks if you plan to get closer.
Talindra and Zoe
You enter the shop. Talindra immediately recognizes Gondeth standing behind the counter as she used to visit the shop a few times in search for components. Gondeth appears to be alone.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-11, 02:31 PM
Spot check for me [roll0]

and if i activate fell flight could i get closer without having to make move silently checks (by just flying overhead)

Rizhail
2011-08-11, 03:11 PM
Talindra and Zoe

OOC: I figured we should start spoilering all the stuff we're doing away from the group.

IC: As the pair approaches the shop, Talindra stops for just a moment. "Can you give me a solid description of our target? It will be useful ahead.

-------------------------

Upon entering the shop and discovering it nearly empty, Talindra approaches the counter. "Good evening, Gondeth," she says with a ghostly smile. "I was supposed to meet a gentleman here, but it seems I may have missed him. Have you seen him?" She passes on the description from Zoe, hoping to get a positive answer without having to resort to magic.

planswalker
2011-08-11, 03:11 PM
Chogan will point out which warehouse it is and keep a lookout through the man's eyes.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 03:58 PM
Chogan
The fight continues. Tyrex manages to behead one of the fell creatues but there are still more around to punch him with their inhuman strength. The magician fires another arcane ray at your charmed friend which apparently weakens him further.
Chogan and Sono
You arrive at the warehouse and stop near the large open door. If you take one more step you might risk being seen from within.
Jack
You don't see anything suspicious as you look around.
OoC: Flying would certainly add a bonus but you still need the check as your stuff might rustle etc.
Talindra
Please roll a diplomacy or bluff check.

Lokio
2011-08-11, 04:01 PM
OOC: Is the fight in there?

planswalker
2011-08-11, 04:17 PM
Assuming Chogan can now see the fight for himself from the entrance to the warehouse, he will hide at the edge of the door and take stock of what it looks like from an outside point of view.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lokio
2011-08-11, 04:23 PM
Sono does the same, an action ready to spin out and cast hold person on the necromancer if he goes to cast again.

hide [roll0] move silently [roll1]

planswalker
2011-08-11, 04:26 PM
Seeing that his ally is having problems hiding himself properly, Chogan casts reduce person on him, hoping that being smaller makes him better at hiding.

the +2 dex and +4 to hide should do the trick...

Lokio
2011-08-11, 04:29 PM
Sono is super tiny! :)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 05:29 PM
Chogan and Sono
As you peek inside you can see Tyrex's back as he fights off another of the foul monsters. You also hear chanting from the back of the house but it's too dark at first to make out the magician.
OoC: Please roll a spot check.

Lokio
2011-08-11, 05:31 PM
Spot [roll0] I have Low-light vision, if that matters.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-11, 06:27 PM
Chogan and Sono
Sono barely manages to make out the shadowy figure. As soon as he's confident he sees him well enough he steps forward and casts his spell.
"Look what we have here! Some would-be hero trying to join the fun!" The cloaked figure grins maliciously. "A really tiny one too!"
OoC: Please roll initiative.

Lokio
2011-08-11, 06:49 PM
init [roll0]"Tyrex, to me!" He calls.

marcielle
2011-08-11, 08:15 PM
Yervall closes his eyes and concetrates for a second. When he reopens them he seems to carry himself as a different person.The way he stands and walks seems a bit different. Suddenly, his shadows sprout tendrils which engulf him, concealing his form.

Yervall now enters Child of Shadows stance(20% concealment)

[roll0]
[roll1]

If it makes any difference, Yerrval can move almost as much as a full move(50 ft) with shadow jaunt, and completely noiselessly. If it's an option, he just teleports behind something that completely obscures him from the group. If it's not enough distance, he teleports from behind one thing to another( out of combat, the only limit to this is he just needs to stay still for 6 seconds, it's the whole reason I never bothered to pour many ranks into Move silently despite the setting:smallbiggrin:)

planswalker
2011-08-11, 11:52 PM
Chogan and Sono
Sono barely manages to make out the shadowy figure. As soon as he's confident he sees him well enough he steps forward and casts his spell.
"Look what we have here! Some would-be hero trying to join the fun!" The cloaked figure grins maliciously. "A really tiny one too!"

Chogan activates nerveskitter [roll0]

On his turn, he'll cast invisibility and share it with his familiar before moving 30 feet forward.

Lokio
2011-08-11, 11:56 PM
If Sono wins initiative, he'll go to hold person the mage again. DC 19 will.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 03:44 AM
Chogan and Sono
OoC: Round #1
Sono opens his mouth but before he can actually call upon the enchantment he gets hit by a ray. He then tries to cast his spell but doesn't manage to do so.
Sono gains 2 negative levels. (-2 to attack, skill checks, ability checks, lose 10 HP, lose 2 highest level spell slots.) (Btw, halfling sized light crossbow damage is still 1d6. And please keep track of used spell slots. You now have 2 0th level and 2 1st level spells left if I counted right.)
Chogan casts invisibility and moves forward.
Tyrex looks around to check who called but doesn't seem to recognize Sono in his reduced form. Then he slashes at one of the monsters and manages to wound it severely.
The undead hit back. One of them slams his fist into Tyrex's back.
OoC: Knowledge (arcana) or bardic lore to know more about them.
Initiative order:
Sono: 23
Chogan: 21
Tyrex: 18
Robed mage and co.
(Please post in any order.)
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_Dave1.jpg
Legend: you are represented by your colors of speech. DarkRed: Tyrex, GreyishBrown: robed mage.
Active conditions
Sono: uninjured, reduced for 5 more minutes, -2 levels.
Chogan: uninjured, invisible.
Tyrex: near death.
Undead: 2 uninjured, 1 badly injured.
Unknown mage: unknown.

Talindra and Zoe
"I don't really know... I have so many customers..." Gondeth muses. "Sounds like a really shady figure to me. What business does a lady like you have with a man like that?"
Yerrval and Jack
You shadow step and float closer to the crypt the men are guarding and hide behind a few bushes holding your breath. OoC: Please roll another spot check.

Lokio
2011-08-12, 03:51 AM
Wait, what? Did I beat the Necromancer on initiative as per your initiative count or did he somehow beat my natural 20 init to somehow peg me with a ray when my first cast ought to have been a surprise round (spot checks at range through a fight when in combat vs a hide of 28 from a mage?) You've got me confused.

And I am keeping track of my business. If you want it kept on the character sheet I can do that.

Sono fires off a Tasha's Hideous Laughter at the mage. DC 18.

"Tyrex, it's Sono! RUN!"

Rizhail
2011-08-12, 04:45 AM
Talindra and Zoe:

"Business has been rather slow, lately," Talindra said with a sigh. "A former client suggested meeting this man, but I'm rather wary of him, as you'd suspect. Hence first meeting him somewhere more public and with my associate in tow," she continuted, nodding at Zoe.

Talindra turned as though making for the exit. "But if he hasn't been by, well, that's unfortunate for him."

Bluff check if needed: [roll0]

marcielle
2011-08-12, 05:39 AM
Yerrval sees if he can see anything from his new hiding place.[roll0]

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-12, 06:17 AM
Jack try's to get a better look from a higher vantage point

spot [roll0] and i can see 60ft in the dark and see invisible creatures if that helps

planswalker
2011-08-12, 11:05 AM
I must object to your declaration of that as well. You are going to have to explain to me HOW he managed to act out of initiative and what was going on. There was no surprise round, I'm sure of it because if there was, the HIDING people should have been in on it. The ones no one else is aware of. You interrupted the middle of his turn to attack him with an effect that even if we accept that it happened, has no way to interrupt his spell.

furthermore, reduce person is 1 minute per level, not 1 round.

also, shouldn't learning about undead be knowledge (religion) like it says in the PHB?

Chogan will cast mage armor and move to G15, taking a -5 on his move silently check to move at up to his full speed. Seeing as he is invisible and they should be unaware of his presence, there should be no AoO's.

[roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 11:18 AM
Talindra and Zoe
"Mhm, that's interesting... I wonder what business he's in." Gondeth thinks for a moment. "I don't know the man's name but I do know that he's up to no good. I just recently caught him trying to sneak away with a bunch of my most expensive alchemical reagents and a few potions. And I have a feeling this was not his first attempt. Some potion ingedients were missing from the shop after his previous visits here too."
Yerrval
As you get closer to the crypt you notice something unsual. The crypt itself appears to be ancient, the building crumbling away, but the door is new and strong. You can even see the reflection of the torchlight on the immaculate steel surface.
Jack
Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 12:14 PM
Chogan and Sono
OoC: Round #2
Sono casts Tasha's Hideous laughter but the mage seems to shake off the spells effects with ease.
Chogan casts mage armor and moves forward.
Tyrex finally recognizes the miniature Sono and backs away from the living corpses, fleeing from the warehouse.
Strangely enough the undead don't follow him out of the house.
The mage steps to his minions (Chogan has an AoO), grabs the two uninjured ones and vanishes.
Initiative order:
Sono: 23
Chogan: 21
Tyrex: 18
Undead
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_Dave2.jpg
Legend: you are represented by your colors of speech. DarkRed: Tyrex.
Active conditions
Sono: uninjured, reduced for 5 more minutes, -2 levels.
Chogan: uninjured, invisible, mage armored.
Tyrex: near death.
Undead: badly injured.

Yerrval and Jack
All of a sudden a robed figure and two undead creatures appear out of thin air near the crypt entrance.
"Ugh... Good evening, sir", one of the guards says after recovering from his surprise.

planswalker
2011-08-12, 12:24 PM
Spellcraft to identify spell cast: [roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 12:58 PM
Chogan
You do not recognize the spell.

planswalker
2011-08-12, 01:04 PM
Since Tyrex appears to be far more capable of killing undead than Sono and Chogan combined, Chogan will take the total defense action and wait for Tyrex to kill the thing.

Abemad
2011-08-12, 01:39 PM
Talindra and Zoe

Zoe will slowly walk around in the shop, trying to get as close as she can to any doors without arousing suspicion, where she quickly and quietly listens and looks for any hints of the strange man.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Lokio
2011-08-12, 01:45 PM
Sono says to Tyrex, "Stay with us. We'll help you get healed up."

Still waiting on the explanation of the creature acting out of initiative and interrupting my spell..

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 04:06 PM
Chogan and Sono
The walking corpse stops at the warehouse door with seemingly no intention to move on.
"Well, thanks for saving my sorry hide, pal", Tyrex groans. "As for me I will disappear from the city as quickly as I can. Care to come with me?" He looks down at Sono.
As for your question see discussion in the OoC thread.

Talindra and Zoe
Zoe meanders around in the shop, studying the wares. She hears a soft clicking noise but as she peeks behind the counter for its source it turns out to be some unusual little rodent in a cage.
"I even think the thief makes a habit of trying to rob me anytime I get my new supplies," Gondeth continues. "I just have no proof."

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-12, 06:50 PM
Yerrval and Jack
Jack in the quietest voice he can manage "Who do you reckon that is? Should we try to take them?"

OOC: how many guards are there currently?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 06:51 PM
Yerrval and Jack
You see four guards plus the robed man with the two undead.

marcielle
2011-08-12, 08:35 PM
'One thing you learn in my business, a wizard is worth about 3-4 people unless you're standing right next to him. Also, this is A necromancer. Granted, he IS probably evil, but we can't be sure he's the one we're looking. Offin the wrong necromancer would just send Rusty into hiding.
Also, just outta curiosity, would you be the Devilish/Demonish type o' warlock? And how evil can you look?'.

'I'm thinkin' along the lines of 'you're the new nasty in town and you're looking for alliances/scoping the competition'. The fact that I look like something that walked outta, well...HERE oughta help'.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-12, 08:56 PM
Yerrval and Jack
During your whispered conversation about warlock pacts you hear the door of the crypt open up.
"I do not wish to be disturbed", the robed man snaps at his guards before entering the crypt, the living corpses following in his wake.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-12, 09:21 PM
Yerrval and Jack
"I'm not really the grow devil horns type of warlock, although I do have some magical tricks up my sleeves. I can be fairly... persuasive when I put my mind to it and I could try to persuade the guards that we're allowed past maybe?"

Also, even if this isn't the necromancer we're looking for, he's almost certainly up to no good. And all crime in this city is related in some way to the night masks. If we've got a good shot at it I'd say we try to take him down and capture him if possible.

Rizhail
2011-08-12, 11:42 PM
Talindra and Zoe:

Talindra turns back to Gondeth, intrigued. "What has he been trying to steal, exactly? And when do your new supplies typically come in?"

Diplomacy, in case he doesn't want to reveal that much: [roll0]

marcielle
2011-08-13, 01:55 AM
'You know, I'm sure there are a whole lotta reasons we shouldn't just attack random necromancers but right now,I just feel like killin' somethin'. First things first, we get rid of the guards so as they don't alert him. We don't want him just teleporting off. You got flight magic on you? If so, grab the heaviest thing you can, fly on top of the guard closest to the door and drop it. I'll see if I can teleport on top of crypt and then drop down to block the door. After that feel free to blast the Baator outta them.
Minor changes to sheet in preparation for battle will take place AFTER I'm on the roof

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 02:58 AM
Talindra and Zoe
"It was just a short while ago that he tried to lift my newest acquisition." Gondeth leans closer, his voice almost a whisper. "A food poison variant that works as swiftly as a spider's venom. It completely incapacitates the victim who will recover slowly after a few minutes. No other symptoms remain. Wonder what he planned to use it for." He stops thinking for a moment then continues. "As for your other question: I generally get new supplies every tenday."
Chogan and Sono
Tyrex looks at you for a while but after receiving no answer he finally waves goodbye. "Sorry bud, I'd love to stay in town forever and listen to your songs every night but Rusty Dave will find me here. And if he finds me, he'll kill me." He proceeds limping down the alley.
Yerrval and Jack
You try estimating your chances against the guards. So far you feel reasonably sure they are unaware of your presence as they probably would have searched the area otherwise. You're still not sure about how you could stop them from alerting their master if you chose to attack them.

Lokio
2011-08-13, 03:53 AM
OOC: Dude, it's a play-by-post and I was busy all day. No need to rush it if Plans and I haven't posted.

"Be careful, and get healing." He looks over at Chogan after the man goes.

"That was weird. I guess we have a line on our necromancer..."

marcielle
2011-08-13, 10:17 AM
'Or...' Yerrval suddenlly starts grinning. 'I could punch through the roof and we could try and kill the necromancer before he knows whats going on. Anything's fine by me, really,since this'll almost certainly end in smashkill. You got anythin you wanna add?'.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-13, 10:39 AM
"Well... I'm liking the idea of just dropping something heavy on them, my packpack is magical which should help me carry some of the weight. So how about I do that, and we use that as a signal to start attacking them? We should hopefully be able to incapacitate them all before they know what's hit them.

With this Jack will look for something reasonably heavy (maybe a tombstone?) about 50IB to take.

planswalker
2011-08-13, 11:14 AM
OOC: Dude, it's a play-by-post and I was busy all day. No need to rush it if Plans and I haven't posted.

"Be careful, and get healing." He looks over at Chogan after the man goes.

"That was weird. I guess we have a line on our necromancer..."

"A line that is now walking out of town because he asked you a question and then immediately turned around and left. Well, we're about as useful as moldy bread. Go us. The most promising lead gets randomly attacked for no good reason, leaves, and doesn't even give you a chance to say anything. Yay us."

Lokio
2011-08-13, 02:58 PM
"A line that is now walking out of town because he asked you a question and then immediately turned around and left. Well, we're about as useful as moldy bread. Go us. The most promising lead gets randomly attacked for no good reason, leaves, and doesn't even give you a chance to say anything. Yay us."

LOL plans!

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 03:08 PM
Chogan
It occures to you that your spell didn't convey to you the conversation Tyrex might have had with the mysterious mage. You remember seeing the mage's lips move.
Sono
OoC: It's always possible to ask the guy what had happened.
Jack
You find a convenient looking tombstone a bit further away.

Lokio
2011-08-13, 03:12 PM
OOC: Dude, you made him leave because we didn't post fast enough. Don't do that and I'd be happy to inquire of your NPC what happened. Now, I'm going to call after him.

"Oy, Tyrex! Wait up!" He trundles after Tyrex at a run with his little tiny legs. "What happened in there, mate?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 04:46 PM
Sono
Tyrex turns and looks down at your miniature figure. "Are you under a curse or something, pal?" he asks with a sad grin. Then he continues. "Rusty Dave came to the conclusion that it's unsafe to have me around any longer. Seems he wants to eliminate anyone in the city who could possibly shed light on his machinations."

Lokio
2011-08-13, 05:28 PM
"Do you know where he stays?" He smiles. "And I'm reduce person'd. It'll fade in a few minutes."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-13, 05:39 PM
Sono
"I only know what I already told you", Tyrex replies. "He might borrow any house in the city to dwell in. You never know with Dave. In fact the only thing I know for sure is that he's going to kill me if I stay in the city for much longer. You don't take powerful necromancers lightly if they decided it was time for you to die."

marcielle
2011-08-13, 07:19 PM
Yerrval perches atop the crypt and readies an action to drop down so he blocks the door with his body as much as he can. He only waits for Jack to drop the signal.

Rizhail
2011-08-14, 01:27 AM
Talindra and Zoe:

Talindra frowns for a moment, thinking, before her usual ethereal smile returns. "Well, since you've been so helpful to me in the past when I needed supplies, I'll return the favor. I'll ask around, see if any of my friends know what he might be up to. Though you might want to hire a guard to keep an eye out for him."

Turning, she nods subtly at Zoe and heads for the door, confident that they have discovered what little they can here.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 02:06 AM
Chogan and Sono
OoC: What do you plan to do after letting Tyrex go? (Or if you don't let him go, do you follow him?)
Talindra and Zoe
OoC: Where would you want to go after leaving the shop?

Abemad
2011-08-14, 06:20 AM
Talindra and Zoe

Zoe follows Talindra out into the street

Well, where to now? We have no idea of where Sono and Chogan are, and Jack and Yerval may already have left the graveyard...

We could go back to the Purple Lady or try to track Chogan, I guess his prints are easier to distinguish, if we can find them. Or we could head for the graveyard, and hopefully find Jack and Yerval there, or on the way.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-14, 06:38 AM
Yerrval and Jack
I'll pick up the tombstone, put in in my handy haversack, then fly to 150ftish above the guards, then take out the tombstone and drop it on them (taking a round about course to stay clear from the guards until i'm in position)

initiative [roll0] (assuming this starts combat)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 07:27 AM
Yerrval and Jack

Jack: please make an attack roll ( -4).
Yerrval: please roll initiative.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-14, 07:54 AM
Yerrval and Jack
Knew I was forgetting something sorry
attack [roll0] (-4 from this I forgot to factor in)
and does this count as a touch attack? (as its a very heavy rock from quite a height and armour can't reall help can it?)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 10:24 AM
Yerrval
[roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 10:31 AM
Yerrval and Jack
OoC: Round #1
Jack drops the stone which hits the ground with a loud thud then bounces up and knocks over a guard. Yerrval jumps down at the signal trying to get close to the door. As soon as his feet hit the ground a high-pitched sound fills the air.
Initiative order:
Yerrval: 8
Jack: 3
Guards and co.
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_cemetery1.jpg
Legend: your characters are represented with your colors of speech. DarkRed: guards.
Active conditions
Jack: uninjured, flying
Yerrval: uninjured

Rizhail
2011-08-14, 01:08 PM
Talindra and Zoe:

"Let's head to the graveyard. The necromancer has been spotted around there before, and our comrades may want our aid. And just to be safe..." Talindra trails off as she quickly searches through her component pouch. "When we get close, I'll cast a spell of invisibility on us. There is every reason to be cautious when approaching the stomping grounds of a suspected necromancer."

OOC: Heading to graveyard; once there, Talindra will cast Invisibility Sphere so that both Tal and Zoe catch the effect. No reason to wander into the unknown unprepared.

Abemad
2011-08-14, 02:29 PM
Talindra and Zoe

Good idea, but I still hope we wont need it...

SleepyBadger
2011-08-14, 02:59 PM
Talindra and Zoe
You set out for the graveyard.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-14, 04:17 PM
Yerrval and Jack
Jack dropws down to about 40ft off the ground (double speed for descending) then blasts one of the guards

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

marcielle
2011-08-14, 07:12 PM
Sorry, but I seem to be in a REALLY different timezone form the rest of you guys. Hence the wierd posting times:smalltongue:

Yerrval lands on his feet in front of the door and immediately lashes out at the guards. A chain flies out from the reccesses of his cloak. It streaks towards it's victim in a wide, scything arc. The flash of the chain surprises all the remaining guards and keeps them unbalanced long ehough for Jack to act again.

If the guard Yerrval blasted is still standing, I hit him. If not, I just go for the closest one concious.

[roll=Damage]2d4+2d6+1
He then uses White Raven Tactics to net Jack another turn.

marcielle
2011-08-14, 07:15 PM
:smallmad:
Once again, the roller dislikes me. I think I have to roll them seperately.
[roll0]
[roll1]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-15, 01:56 AM
Yerrval and Jack
OoC: Round #2
Amidst the loud piercing sound Yerrval lashes out with his spiked chain damaging the guard to his right. Jack blasts a wound into the same guard battering him down further.
One of the two guards standing close cries out: "What the hell is happening here?", then draws his sword and attacks Yerrval, slashing a critical wound in his leg (OoC: Yerrval loses 17 Hp) the other still stands dumbfounded there, not being able to react, while the third shoots an arrow at the descending Jack (OoC: Jack loses 3 HP). You also notice a bluish flash a bit further down the path (OoC: at P12).
Initiative order:
Jack: 3
Guards and co.
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_cemetery1.jpg
Legend: your characters are represented with your colors of speech. DarkRed: guards.
Active conditions
Jack: 31 hp, flying
Yerrval: 29 hp
Guards: 2 presumably uninjured, 1 badly wounded

Talindra and Zoe
You hurry down the Silverpiece Way towards the East Gate.
Chogan and Sono
You decide to investigate the cemetery to check out what Yerrval and Jack might have found there. You continue along Westlight Walk.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-15, 06:04 AM
Yerrval and Jack
I do get a 20% miss chance from range if that helps... and DR1 :smallwink: (every little helps)

Jack blasts the injured guard
touch attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

then takes a better look at this blue glow

spot [roll2]

marcielle
2011-08-15, 07:17 AM
Remember, Jacks initiative roll is now moot because of White raven tactics, he gets to go RIGHT after me, not buts(ok, maybe readied action/contingency can prevent this). His second blast resolves BEFORE the guard hits me.

Suddenly, the shadows that were engulfing Yerrval spring back to life, obscuring him(and probably freaking the guards out a bit).
Out of the tangled darkness, a chain shoots straight up into the air. With a sudden movement, he brings the chain down with tremendous force onto the bodyguard.
Changing to child of shadows stance for 20% concealment vs everything(can't use it to hide though)
Mountain Hammering the guard

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lokio
2011-08-15, 02:20 PM
Uh, Sono would seek healing for his negative levels long before he went to a graveyard... but that's fine, take control of the PC when he's only been unable to post for one day. By the by, it won't be common that I'm unable to post.

Sono trundles along the railroad path set by the DM.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-15, 05:00 PM
Yerrval and Jack
OoC: Round #3
The sound suddenly stops.
Yerrval hammers his strike into the injured guard killing him outright.
Nope, he cannot give Jack another turn with White Raven Tactics in this case as Jack comes after him in the round. The only thing that changes is Jack's initiative roll which is indeed moot as we use group initiative anyway as stated in the original 16.
Jack blasts and hits (OoC: I assume, since his original target is dead) the guard still standing frozen near Yerrval.
The frozen guard comes to life. He draws his sword and cuts a shallow wound on Yerrval's thigh, the blade finding him even for his shadow form.
OoC: Yerrval loses 5 HP.
The other guard fires another arrow at Jack but misses him possibly because he does not get a really good view of him.
Jack
OoC: Sorry, I forgot about his warlock DR. Please subtract one from the previous damage.
The mysterious bluish light turns out to be a reminiscent of some spell. Jack sees the familiar figure of the robed mage coming into view.
Out of the dark a ray curves towards Yerrval's figure and hits him straight in the chest. He suddenly feels very weak.
Yerrval loses 9 points of STR.
Initiative order:
Jack: 8
Guards and co.
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_cemetery2.jpg
Legend: your characters are represented with your colors of speech. DarkRed: guards. BrownishGrey: Mage.
Active conditions
Jack: 32 hp, flying
Yerrval: 24 hp, STR: 8
Guards: 1 slightly injured, 1 presumably uninjured, (mage: unknown).

Talindra and Zoe
You continue along the Silverpiece Way and pass Castle Athagdal.
Chogan and Sono
You reach Westgate Market Street.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-15, 06:16 PM
Yerrval and Jack
Jack shouts "I'll take the mage, you deal with the guards" Fly to be in range of the mage,

eldritch blast
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

ooc: just to note (because I'm guessing this might crop up) I get a 20% miss chance from all ranged attacks, incuding rays from entropic shield

planswalker
2011-08-15, 06:46 PM
As Chogan walks, he continues to look through Tyrex's eyes, seeing what he sees.

marcielle
2011-08-15, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I think counters are gonna be a problem. I had Mind Over Body ready, so my Fort modifier is actually +11. Can I get a reroll or something?
Also, unless you're going to PM before every save, I'm thinking the easiest way is my save counters just automatically activate on first roll that I have to make. Both my counters use my concentration(+11).
My physical atack counter can be activated AFTER I know the result of an attack and that might be a problem. Maybe I could roll damage for myself?
Really sorry about this but I guess the game designers assumed we'd be face to face:smallannoyed:
And yes, I had them both marked on my sheet as readied:smalltongue:

Suddenly tired, Yerrval reassesses the situation. His sweeps his chains in a low arc so that it wraps around the guards leg. He then yanks the chains, attempting to take the guard off his feet.
He tries to position the guard so that he is giving more concealment to Yerrval(I think he has 20% now)
Mighty Throw: +8 vs the guard's STR or Dex modifier(+11 if Mind Over Body saves me)
Also, since you are keeping track of my HP I probably won't edit mine till after the battle. Though if you want me to I can.

Lokio
2011-08-16, 05:45 AM
Sono says, "Chogan, I really need to find some magical healing after we link up with the group..."

He continues on the way to their destination.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-16, 01:36 PM
Yerrval
Rolling touch attack for mighty blow:
[roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-16, 01:58 PM
Yerrval and Jack
OoC: Round #4
Yerrval attempts a mighty blow on the guard.
Yerrval's check for trip (using DEX +0 as it is higher at the moment):
[roll0]
The guard resists the attempt.

Jack blasts at the robed figure. The man ducks the attack.
The injured guard slashes at Yerrval and manages to get past his shadow defenses.
Yerrval loses 4 HP.
The other guard drops his bow and draws his glaive stepping closer, attacking Jack but missing.
The unknown mage raises his hands to cast a spell on Jack.
[roll1]
Jack falls asleep in the air.

Initiative order:
Guards and co.
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_cemetery2.jpg
Legend: your characters are represented with your colors of speech. DarkRed: guards. BrownishGrey: Mage.
Active conditions
Jack: 32 hp, flying, asleep
Yerrval: 20 hp, STR: 8

Talindra and Zoe
You now run past Castle Vhammos.
Chogan and Sono
You pass the House of the Wheel walking slowly so that Chogan can concentrate on his spell.
Chogan
Tyrex is now staggering along a small alley still at Harborside.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-16, 06:50 PM
Yerrval and Jack
Hmmmm... errr... I'm not sure i can do anything can I? :smallconfused: Jack starts snoring :smalltongue:

marcielle
2011-08-16, 07:48 PM
Yerrval and Sleepyhead
Yerrval notes the sleeping warlock and sighs. He shadow jaunts up to the top of the crypt, takes a 5 foot step back from the edge and crouches down so the guards cannot hit him with ranged atacks because of the angle.

He would be at E8. Assuming the crypt is high enough(remember I have 10 ft reach ovet that), next turn I will awaken Jack.

planswalker
2011-08-16, 11:49 PM
Chogan continues on his way...

SleepyBadger
2011-08-17, 02:42 AM
Yerrval and Jack
OoC: Round #5
Yerrval shadow jaunts up to the crypt roof and crouches down so that the guards cannot attack him with ranged weapons from where they stand.
You feel that poking Jack with your spiked chain will be tricky as he is about 25 ft from you now, outside the torchlight illuminating the area near the crypt entrance.
Jack snores away.
The injured guard drops his sword and moves backwards so that he has a better view on the roof, readying his bow while moving. He fires an arrow but it sizzles past Yerrval partially hidden on the roof.
The other guard retrieves his bow and follows his companion.
The wizard’s hand shapes another spell. Five missiles burst out from his palm curving unerringly towards Yerrval.
Yerrval loses 19 HP.
Initiative order:
Guards and co.
Map:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/KollarEmese/Battle_cemetery3.jpg
Active conditions
Jack: 32 hp, flying, asleep
Yerrval: 1 hp, STR: 8

Talindra and Zoe
You cross the bridge, pass the Black Boot inn and hurry past the barracks of the city watch.
Chogan and Sono
You pass Brew House Lane.
Chogan
You see Tyrex hammer his fists against a wooden door.

Lokio
2011-08-17, 02:51 AM
Sono continues....

marcielle
2011-08-17, 03:44 AM
Yerrval sighs. Some battles just couldn't be won. He turns invisible, runs off to the other side of the cryptHe drops down the other side if he reaches the other end. and hides. All he can do is hope Jack awakens when they hit him and flies off.
[roll0]
Once I exit combat, I regain my maneuvers and can start teleporting and running for the rest of the team(I assume closest would be the group at magic shop). If needed, I can put out a burst of about 200 feet with shadow jaunt>move>white raven tactics>repeat

planswalker
2011-08-17, 10:56 AM
Chogan and Sono continue on their way, and do not stop to stare at every damn street they get to. They continue walking until they arrive.

are you deliberately punishing us with rp lock for something?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-17, 01:06 PM
Yerrval
OoC: Round 6
Yerrval activates his Cloak of Deception and then drops off the roof on the opposite side.
OoC: Yerrval receives 4 falling damage and is at -3 HP now.

Talindra, Zoe, Chogan and Sono
Talindra and Zoe pass the East Gate first and arrive at the graveyard. Chogan and Sono catch up with them at the gates. It's well after nightfall now, the whole area seems dark and silent at first sight as you would expect from a cemetery at night.
Jack
You wake up in the dark, feeling the ache of the wounds you received in the battle. As you try moving your limbs cautiously you realize that you lie bound and gagged on the floor and when you try blinking you notice that you're blindfolded as well.
Yerrval
You're unconscious but stable.

planswalker
2011-08-17, 01:29 PM
Chogan will hide behind the gate, pull a bit of knotted thread out of his spell component pouch, have Bran take it, and cast stick choosing to use Bran to deliver the touch spell. Bran will fly out over the cemetary and take stock of what's going on.taking 10 on hide and move silently for a 25 and 23 total, respectively

SleepyBadger
2011-08-17, 02:29 PM
Chogan
Bran flies around for a short while. He needs to fly fairly low as it is reasonably dark even for his low-light vision. He sees a lot of tombstones, a few sparse groups of trees, bushes and some crypts. The whole graveyard seems dark and quiet.
Do you want him to look for something in particular?

Lokio
2011-08-17, 02:33 PM
Sono whispers to the others, "We found Tyrex and the Necromancer in a warehouse near the Westlight Walk. Tyrex almost got killed by him, but we did save his life. The necromancer got away and drained a bunch of my life force..."

marcielle
2011-08-17, 06:30 PM
[roll0] to avoid falling damage
IIRC, that should be enough to negate the fall. I made it to the ground concious but you can still say I was mysteriously knocked out. I just like tumbles sorry:smalltongue: Yerval jumps off the other side of the crypt. He somehow manages to land on his feet despite his dire wounds but falls unconcious anyway, his legs giving out from the impact of landing from such a height.

Rizhail
2011-08-17, 09:43 PM
Everyone with Talindra:

Carefully plucking one of her eyelashes, Talindra combines it with a small lump from her spell pouch and works a spell of invisibility on the group.

Feeling at least somewhat safer from prying eyes, she turns to Sono. "We'd best get you to a healer, then. Zoe and I learned some interesting things, but they can wait for now."

Talindra takes a moment to look over the graveyard. "Any sign of our comrades, Chogan?"

OOC:

Talindra cast invisibility sphere, as per my earlier stated intentions. Down one third level spell for the day.

planswalker
2011-08-17, 10:34 PM
"I will let you know as soon as I find them."

Bran, being the one actually looking for them, begins by scouting out the graveyard to get a feel for the place. That accomplished, he begins searching specifically for the people who were sent to the graveyard to investigate. Should he happen to notice anyone walk into a crypt or disappear into a hidden entrance, he will deliver the stick spell and stick the thread to the place to mark it.

planswalker
2011-08-18, 10:25 AM
Chogan looks his way and says nothing, mildly irritated at his family name beging reduced from "Mundoo" to "Mundo". He does however nod to acknowledge him.

Abemad
2011-08-18, 10:51 AM
Zoe hides near the others

Hide : [roll0]

In a whisper she says

Shouldn't we have met them on our way here? Or at least be able to se them?

SleepyBadger
2011-08-18, 12:21 PM
Talindra, Zoe, Chogan
"I think you're right, Talindra", Sono agrees. "I should probably go back to the city and find some healing. Just brought Chogan here, so that he doesn't get lost." He then turns and proceeds to walk back to the East Gate.
Talindra casts her invisibility sphere on the group. Bran takes into the air again making yet another attempt to find any people roaming the cemetery, He doesn't really see any people inside, not even your fellow party members.
Jack
You're still lying bound on the ground.
Yerrval
You're still unconscious.

planswalker
2011-08-18, 04:30 PM
Finding this odd, Bran will take his time and search the cemetary more carefully, flying low over the place and searching for the missing teammates.

taking 10 on search to search the cemetary for a 16

Chogan will trust the bird to be able to find him should it prove necessary. He turns to Talindra and says, "What happened here?"

SleepyBadger
2011-08-18, 04:59 PM
Chogan
Bran finds three graves apparently freshly dug out with their tombstones cast aside. He also sees some oddities near one of the crypts: two burned down torches lying around, and markings in the grass as if something heavy was dragged along the ground.

planswalker
2011-08-18, 05:04 PM
Noting the torches, Bran will follow the drag marks to see where they lead.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-18, 05:24 PM
Chogan
The marks lead to (or from) the paved footpath near the crypt entrance.

planswalker
2011-08-18, 05:40 PM
Bran will stick the string to the top of the crypt entrance and report back to the group, describing what he saw.

Abemad
2011-08-19, 05:14 AM
Strange, who would be digging graves at this time of night?

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-19, 05:30 AM
Jack
Jack tries to struggle out of his bonds, although unlikely to escape at least he'll get someones attention hopefully.

untrained escape artist? [roll0] (factoring in armour check penalty)

SleepyBadger
2011-08-19, 09:03 AM
Jack
The escaping attempt fails.
OoC: you can also try strength checks.

Rizhail
2011-08-19, 12:00 PM
Talindra, Chogan, Zoe:

In response to Chogan's query: "I'm unsure of what happened here, as Zoe and I only just arrived. But she's right, I would have expected to find our compatriots rather easily."

Once Bran returns: "Let's move in and take a look at this crypt. So long as you two stay near me, you will remain invisible. Between our sneaking skills and magic, we should be able to find out what happened to our allies."

Assuming the other two agree, Talindra will make her way through the graveyard toward the crypt while attempting to remain quiet.

Move Silently: [roll0]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-19, 12:19 PM
Talindra, Chogan, Zoe
Anyone who follows Talindra, please make a move silently check too (one will suffice).

Abemad
2011-08-19, 02:10 PM
Move Silently : [roll0]

marcielle
2011-08-19, 09:05 PM
Yerrval snores profusely and loudly, anoying all within hearing distance.
Just in case the wizard is in earshot:smallamused:

planswalker
2011-08-20, 12:17 AM
Chogan takes 10 for a 23 on his move silently.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-20, 12:37 AM
Talindra, Zoe, Chogan
You arrive at the crypt marked by Bran. In the dim torchlight you can make out the tracks he told you about. The crypt is small and the building itself appears to be very old.
OoC: If you want to investigate the area you can also make search and spot checks.
Jack
You hear strange snoring noises from your left.

A4GraphPaper
2011-08-20, 09:14 AM
Jack
I'll try to make as much noise as I can, and attempt to wriggle towards the snoring

planswalker
2011-08-20, 10:34 AM
spot: [roll0]
search: [roll1]

Chogan takes a look around... and searches.

Rizhail
2011-08-20, 01:16 PM
Talindra:

Talindra searches carefully as well, hoping to spot clearer signs of her missing colleagues.

Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

SleepyBadger
2011-08-20, 01:45 PM
Talindra and Chogan
You examine the tracks carefully. Apparently a battle took place here just recently, you find fresh blood drops in the grass, a few footprints made by heavy boots and a mark left by some heavy weapon. As you study the cryp you notice that the door is fairy new and strong... Above the door you notice a carving saying "Family Urdo".
Jack
You try to wiggle closer towards the snoring noises inch by inch. You finally bump against something that turns out to be a humanoid body.

planswalker
2011-08-21, 04:10 AM
If the door is locked, Chogan will take 20 on open lock for a 29. If it is not, he'll merely open it and peer inside.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-21, 05:19 AM
Chogan
The door is in fact locked. You try unlocking it repeatedly but the lock seems to be a really good one.

planswalker
2011-08-21, 10:44 AM
Chogan will try again with Bran assisting him, for a 31 total.

SleepyBadger
2011-08-21, 12:05 PM
Chogan
After trying really hard you hear a soft click. The door is now unlocked.

Abemad
2011-08-21, 12:14 PM
Maybe I should go first, I think I'm better in a straight fight than either of you. No offense meant...

Assuming the others agree, Zoe will enter the door, carefull not to stray to far ahead of Talindra, so she stays inside the range of her invisibilty sphere.

Rizhail
2011-08-21, 12:34 PM
Talindra nods at Zoe, and stays just behind her to ensure the invisibility spell remains in effect. "My magic is more for support than outright combat; I am an able aid in a fight, but I'll leave the direct violence to you."

marcielle
2011-08-21, 07:45 PM
Yerrval mutters draconic gibberish in his sleep.
Anyone listenin and able to understand draconic would hear something along the lines of 'Eat fish paste, bastard'.

planswalker
2011-08-21, 10:59 PM
Chogan says, "While I have a few tricks, my skills are at finding things."

SleepyBadger
2011-08-22, 01:07 AM
Talindra, Zoe, Chogan
Zoe opens the door cautiously and steps inside, She immediately smells the stench of decay as she enters. Talindra and Chogan follow in her wake. Your torchlight illuminates a small room with carved inscriptions on the walls and a nicely paved floor. As you look around you also notice the source of the stench: it's the two walking corpses waiting at the far side of the room.

Abemad
2011-08-22, 02:23 AM
Initiative : [roll0]

planswalker
2011-08-22, 09:28 PM
[roll0]

Chogan "Why did it have to be undead?"