PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Shadow-Wrought (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-08-05, 11:17 PM
It's taken me forever, but I've finally finished the Shadowcasting bloodline I promised. It is meant to be compatible with Descent of Shadows (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74519). As usual, this is my first time thoroughly reading the Shadowcasting rules, and as such I may have really screwed something up. If so, please spike it out and I'll do my best to rectify the problem.

Shadow-Wrought
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/127/d/5/Warrior_of_the_Shadow_by_AlexanderExorcist.jpg

Shadowcasters draw power from the Plane of Shadow. Sometimes more comes in than was necessarily called for. And it stays. These Shadow Pieces crawl around in the dark corners of the world, looking for a host. Sometimes they must band together to fully consume a host, but they are tireless in their hunt. Eventually they attach themselves to the soul of an innocent child. And this child will from that day on be a Shadow-Wrought. A being of the shadows, not of this realm or any other. These individuals are cursed to walk the line between the Material Plane and the Plane of Shadow, but be a true part of neither.

Level
Minor
Intermediate
Major1 Hide +22 Hide +2 Fundamental, Mystery 1st3 Charisma +14 Hide +2 Fundamental, Mystery 1st Shadow Sense5 Shadow Affinity +26 Charisma +1 Mystery 2nd7 Move Silently +28 Fundamental, Mystery 1st Shadow Sense Eternal Gaze of the Night9 Intelligence +110 Shadow Affinity +2 Fundamental, Mystery 3rd11 Shadow Affinity +412 Charisma +1 Mystery 2nd Hide In Plain Sight13 Spot +214 Move Silently +2 Mystery 4th15 Wisdom +116 Shadow Sense Eternal Gaze of the Night Shadow Walk17 Shadow Affinity +618 Intelligence +1 Fundamental, Mystery 5th19 Knowledge (The Planes) +220 Shadow Affinity +2 Fundamental, Mystery 3rd One With the Shadows

Fundamental: The Shadow-Wrought are gifted with the powers of the Plane of Shadow. They begin by manifesting the ability to cast a single Fundamental three times per day. As they progress, they gain access to additional Fundamentals. All fundamentals are used as spell-like abilities, saves are Charisma-based, and caster level is 1/4, 1/2 or 1X the Shadow-Wrought's level, depending on bloodline strength.

Mystery: Ah, Mysteries. The true power of the Shadows. Fear of the dark is very well justified. No one knows what could be lurking just beyond the edge of your vision. The Shadow-Wrought slowly unlocks these mysteries, bending them to their will. They gain access to a single Mystery each time this feature is listed. They may select any mystery of up to the level they choose, with the only restriction being that they must have the previous Mysteries in a Path to get the next. Many Shadow-Wrought only ever explore a single path. All Mysteries are used as Spell-Like abilities, saves are Charisma-based, and caster level is 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength. To start, each Mystery may be used once per day. Once the Shadow-Wrought gains access to fourth level Mysteries from this bloodline, they may use their 1st through 3rd level Mysteries twice a day each. Mysteries gained from Shadow-Wrought do not count towards meeting Mystery requirements for a Shadowcasting class and vice versa.

Shadow Sense: All beings cast shadows. All shadows owe their allegiance to the Dark Realm. And the Dark Realm is the source of the Shadow-Wrought's power. The Shadow-Wrought has an innate connection to shadows. They can immediately recognize Shadowcasting for what it is whenever they would be allowed a Spot Check to notice it. Additionally they can sense any shadows within 10ft per four levels, two levels, or each level, depending on bloodline strength. This includes shape, and movement of the shadows.

Shadow Affinity: Shadows have power. And, as previously mentioned, shadows obey the Shadow-Wrought. As the shadow grows longer, their power grows stronger. And they can influence those that cast them. The Shadow-Wrought gains a bonus on all social interaction checks with individuals who cast a long shadow. This can be a result of a peculiar placement of torches, or, much more commonly, the time being up to an hour after dawn or up to an hour before dusk.

Eternal Gaze of the Night: The shadows hide nothing from the Shadow-Wrought. They are continually under the effects of Deeper Darkvision (Spell Compendium) and gain Low-Light Vision.

Hide in Plain Sight: When the Shadow-Wrought calls, the shadows come to their aid. The ability to keep things out of sight is one of the specialties of Shadow. The Shadow-Wrought gains Hide in Plain Sight as the Shadowdancer ability of the same name.

Shadow Walk: The Plane of Shadow lies coterminous with the Material Plane, separated by a thin, ephemeral boundary. The Shadow-Wrought can cross this boundary. They gain the ability to cast Shadow Walk once per day as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to their level and a Charisma-based save.

One With the Shadows: The Shadow-Wrought belongs to the shadows and the shadows to them. At this point the Shadow-Wrought goes through a great transformation as they permanently meld with the shadowstuff that had attached itself onto their soul so many years ago. The Shadow-Wrought's type changes to Outisder, though they still may be raised normally. They gain the ability to Shadow Jump at will as per the Shadowdancer ability of the same name with a few exceptions. They may jump 20ft as a Move action, 40ft as a Standard, or 60ft as a Full-Round action. Lastly the Shadow-Wrought gains concealment whenever they are within ten feet of a shadow besides their own, as the shadow coils and writhes around the Shadow-Wrought's body.

And that's it for this one. Feedback is always welcome. And I'm still taking requests.

Welknair
2011-08-09, 07:16 PM
What a surprise: No one uses Shadowcasting. Is anyone phrased enough in the paths of Shadow to critique this one?

Xzoltar
2011-08-09, 07:24 PM
Internal Server 500

Xzoltar
2011-08-09, 07:25 PM
I will really soon, we have start a campaign around all your Bloodline, so we should be able to comment on a few of them. Missing a Incarnum bloodline to make a player happy, but so far we have :

- a Dragon Descendant, a Tinkerer, a Shadow-wrought, a Glamerkin and a PC-Kin (yeah someone gonna use the joke bloodline)

I let you know more about the playtesting later.

Welknair
2011-08-09, 07:59 PM
I will really soon, we have start a campaign around all your Bloodline, so we should be able to comment on a few of them. Missing a Incarnum bloodline to make a player happy, but so far we have :

- a Dragon Descendant, a Tinkerer, a Shadow-wrought, a Glamerkin and a PC-Kin (yeah someone gonna use the joke bloodline)

I let you know more about the playtesting later.

Ooh, I'd love to know how that goes.

Missing a Incarnum bloodline to make a player happy

Counting that as a request.

peacenlove
2011-08-10, 05:00 PM
What a surprise: No one uses Shadowcasting. Is anyone phrased enough in the paths of Shadow to critique this one?

Nothing really to add, its pretty straightforward and very nice. Will definitely use it when I find a group.
The only (minor) complaint is that every ability listed needs an (Ex) or (Su) or (Sp) tag.

Welknair
2011-08-10, 05:18 PM
The only (minor) complaint is that every ability listed needs an (Ex) or (Su) or (Sp) tag.

Eh. Yeah, I'm lacking those on absolutely all of my bloodlines. Because I'm lazy. Like how I didn't include the weapon/armor proficiencies for my PrCs to start. For the most part, all specials are Supernatural, unless otherwise noted. I really need to go through and add the tags, though.