PDA

View Full Version : Repost, to avoid necromancy. (new weapon, 3.5, PEACH)

enderlord99
2011-08-10, 02:06 PM
The War Broom

1-handed, exotic
Damage: 1d4(small), 1d6(medium); Bludgeoning
Critical: x2
Weight: 5 lb.
Special: When wielding a war broom in two hands, the critical threat range becomes 19-20, and the critical multiplier becomes x3.
Special: As a Full-round Action which is an Extraordinary Ability, a character wielding a war broom in both hands may (if he is proficient with a war broom) create a Gust of Wind (as the spell), with a caster level equal to half his or her Base Attack Bonus (rounded down) plus one.
Special: a war broom is always masterwork.
Price: 3300 GP (price courtesy of Lesser Minion)

So... What do you think?

ShiningStarling
2011-08-10, 05:38 PM
Very interesting, I like it. I especially like that the magic item scales with level, as that is the downfall of all magic items eventually. Also that since you have to be proficient to use the power, that it can then be less expensice than the pointless Wind Fan. I might suggest making a Dire War Broom, one just like yours, but with a bayonet on the other end, to make a 1d6/1d8 double weapon, with a 19-20/x2 crit for the bayonet, and this one could only be wielded in 2 hands.

Also, add a weight to yours, probably about 5 lbs. The Dire one would then be roughly 8 lbs.

enderlord99
2011-08-11, 11:00 AM
Very interesting, I like it. I especially like that the magic item scales with level, as that is the downfall of all magic items eventually. Also that since you have to be proficient to use the power, that it can then be less expensice than the pointless Wind Fan. I might suggest making a Dire War Broom, one just like yours, but with a bayonet on the other end, to make a 1d6/1d8 double weapon, with a 19-20/x2 crit for the bayonet, and this one could only be wielded in 2 hands.

Also, add a weight to yours, probably about 5 lbs. The Dire one would then be roughly 8 lbs.

It's not magic. It's a mundane weapon with an extraordinary ability, that costs a lot because it is very powerful. Also, the point of the war broom is (partly) that you're using a broom as a weapon... AND YOU'RE REALLY GOOD WITH IT. Adding a bladed part would make it less amazing, and you're actually hitting people with the handle, in the original version.

ShiningStarling
2011-08-11, 12:35 PM
It's not magic. It's a mundane weapon with an extraordinary ability, that costs a lot because it is very powerful. Also, the point of the war broom is (partly) that you're using a broom as a weapon... AND YOU'RE REALLY GOOD WITH IT. Adding a bladed part would make it less amazing, and you're actually hitting people with the handle, in the original version.
...oh, ok... its still cool. I didn't think you hit with the handle, thought it would be more amusing to hit with the broom end, but that makes more sense.

Also, it does need a weight entry. An average Quarterstaff weighs 4 lbs, so probably 5 for the broom.

enderlord99
2011-08-11, 12:57 PM
...oh, ok... its still cool. I didn't think you hit with the handle, thought it would be more amusing to hit with the broom end, but that makes more sense.

Also, it does need a weight entry. An average Quarterstaff weighs 4 lbs, so probably 5 for the broom.

Sounds good. Thanks.