PDA

View Full Version : Variant Succubi

whitelaughter
2011-08-18, 11:23 AM
Succubi exist to tempt mortals - check that. Succubi exist to tempt Humanoids. They polymorph themselves to humanoid form.
Here are some variant Succubi, designed for tempting other creature types - but still deadly opponents for PCs. They all use the same stats as regular Succubi, only their spell-like (and sometimes supernatural) abilities have changed.

Abberant Succubus:
Nightmare Form (SU) The Succubus can polymorph into any Abberation she has seen. This normally only affects the Succubus, but any insane or Confused individual may also be targeted - they will transform into something out of their own nightmares. The effect will last until they regain their sanity. (Succubi polymorph insane/confused characters to see new forms to transform into. These forms breed true, so Abberant Succubi are often responsible for the creation of new species).

Fey Succubus:
Greater Reduce Person (SU) The Succubus can reduce the size of a willing target by 0-3 size categories, transforming their creature type to Fey and the appearance of a Fey creature of that size. The target gains a +4 racial bonus to Perform. The effect lasts until sunrise - so can be permanent on some planes. Missiles leaving the transformed creature return to normal size, making them deadly archers.

Giant Succubus:
Greater Enlarge Person (SU) The Succubus can repeatedly increase the size of a willing creature, 1 category per use. The target takes the form of a giant of that size, and gains the Giant type. The target cannot take the form of a Giant with more HD than they themselves have; if no appropriate Giant race exists than the attempt to increase in size fails.
The most powerful of these Succubi act as consorts to Titans; slightly less pwerful versions can be found assisting the giants in Asgard.
[EDIT] The kiss of these succubi has a paralysing rather than suggestive secondary effect, and those killed by them rise as Ghouls.

Monstrous Succubus:
Dark Fusion (SU) The Succubus can fuse with an animal (living or dead) to create a single Monstrous Humanoid form. Thus fusing with a horse will create a centaur, fusing with a vulture will create a harpy, and so forth. A living animal can resist this with a DC 21 Will save (cha based). If a dead animal is used, the Succubus' vampiric kiss is enhanced slightly - those killed by it will raise as Vampire Spawn under the Succubus' control. The Succubus can control a total HD worth of spawn equal to twice her own HD.

Plant Succubus:
Greater Tree Shape The Succubus can polymorph into any Plant creature, or to a Tree as per Tree Shape.
Plant Domain Instead of the usual Succubi spell-like abilities, the succubus has access to the Plant Domain special abilty and spells. The succubi may use the Domain spells at will, but only has access to those that a cleric of her HD would be able to cast.

Domriso
2011-08-18, 12:27 PM
Okay, I just have to put it out there that the idea of an illithid succubus is absolutely terrifying.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-18, 12:33 PM
Okay, I just have to put it out there that the idea of an illithid succubus is absolutely terrifying.

Hah. Japanese schoolgirls beware.

Darthteej
2011-08-18, 12:42 PM
I didn't even know it was possible to invoke that many insane fetishes in one post.

Morph Bark
2011-08-18, 01:56 PM
But what about the variant human who exists to tempt succubi? :smallamused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-18, 02:21 PM

Human? You're thinking too small. Celestial.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-18, 02:24 PM

Is there such a thing? I demand Politely ask for links!

hamishspence
2011-08-18, 02:31 PM
"Sinner" in the Nightside books may qualify- traded his soul for "true love"- which meant that, since Hell cannot have a truly happy person there, when his life ended, and he was dragged to hell, they were forced to then kick him out.

The succubus (Pretty Poison) tasked with giving him "true love" became fascinated with him, followed him out of Hell, and eventually got redeemed through sacrificing her own life to save his.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nightside

Morph Bark
2011-08-18, 02:34 PM
Human? You're thinking too small. Celestial.

Ts, too common and too easy. :smallamused:

Is there such a thing? I demand Politely ask for links!

While not specifically succubi or even specifically secuding them, I have the hyu zat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10745591#post10745591) which can do that.

whitelaughter
2011-08-19, 06:48 AM

The Holy Order of St. Eata

This order seeks to recruit Succubi as Paladins. Converts use their Draining Kiss to cure Lycanthropes, their spell like abilities as diplomats and summon Vrocks for combat training. Conversion can be by persuasion/Atonement or (more rarely) Helm of Opposite Alignment.
Succubi become powerful Paladins due to their high Charisma, and often gently tease ordinary succubi by showing how much more they can do.

They have developed the following spell:
commendatio

Transmutation
Level: Clr 2, Pal 2
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 10 Hours
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

XP Cost
300 XP

This is a formal oath, transforming a single HD of the Lawful Good target into a level of Paladin. The new Paladin swears allegiance to the caster or the caster's organisation or patron; the terms of the oath need to be agreed beforehand.

The Tygre
2011-08-21, 11:23 PM
What, no undead? And here I was looking forward to getting Lichloved the easy way. :smalltongue:

whitelaughter
2011-08-22, 02:11 AM
What, no undead? And here I was looking forward to getting Lichloved the easy way. :smalltongue:

Undead come pre-corrupted, so not much work for the succubi :) These variants can create several types of undead already - since Liches need to be spellcasters of 11th level or higher, I guess an appropriate Succubus would be an overly familiar exotic familiar....