PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Lateral
2011-12-02, 04:20 PM
So, uh, guys... what do you think is going on with Jack and the Prospitian Monarch right now?

What is this concept of 'now' you speak of? :smalltongue:

I am kind of wondering what happened there, too, but seriously not that much has happened since Cascade. It'll probably pop up eventually, but I doubt that we'll be seeing much outside Alphaverse until they start playing Sburb.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-02, 05:24 PM
What is this concept of 'now' you speak of? :smalltongue:

I am kind of wondering what happened there, too, but seriously not that much has happened since Cascade. It'll probably pop up eventually, but I doubt that we'll be seeing much outside Alphaverse until they start playing Sburb.

I suppose you're right...

Quickly, guys, I found a picture. I'm like 90% it's awesome, but I want your opinions.

http://i.imgur.com/rmKNo.jpg

Lateral
2011-12-02, 10:12 PM
...I just got this massive urge to build out a D&D troll jegus. :smalleek:

I know exactly how I'd do it, too. I'm such a nerd.

irenicObserver
2011-12-03, 09:12 PM
I don't know what you're talking about but if you're asking if Hussie is going to stop using a recurring motif of some sort then the answer is no, that will never happen.

He had the girls use same letter username and the boys use different letter ones to symbolise xx and xy, and with mild references to homosexuality with exceptions, it seems he's pretty much done with that.

Quickly, guys, I found a picture. I'm like 90% it's awesome, but I want your opinions.

GOG THAT IS AWESONE!!

Lateral
2011-12-03, 10:26 PM
He had the girls use same letter username and the boys use different letter ones to symbolise xx and xy, and with mild references to homosexuality with exceptions, it seems he's pretty much done with that.

I don't know, only two of the troll girls followed that. Aradia and Feferi had double letters, but Nepeta, Terezi, Kanaya, and Vriska didn't.

Friv
2011-12-04, 01:29 AM

I would tend to agree that this is an awesome picture.

Also, I'm really liking DS in a real way. He's not just entertaining, he's wise.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-04, 02:33 AM
Like I said: all the best things about Dave and Rose put together.

I like that he's not jealous of AlphaDave, too- which seems to preclude him being a Knight.

Inyssius Tor
2011-12-04, 04:40 AM

That is awesome.

Also it possibly looks like a reference to something with which I am unfamiliar?

Gez
2011-12-04, 05:30 AM
I don't know, only two of the troll girls followed that. Aradia and Feferi had double letters, but Nepeta, Terezi, Kanaya, and Vriska didn't.

And that's pretty much that. Nepeta, Terezi, Kanaya and Vriska would have had to be boys.

Combine the genetic code motif (ACGT) with the XX/XY motif and you get four girls and twelve boys. So, he dropped the XX/XY thing in the name of equal representation because he didn't want the troll session to be a total sausage fest with ten troll boys and only two troll girls.

That is awesome.

Also it possibly looks like a reference to something with which I am unfamiliar?

Basically, a reference to Jail Break, a previous MSPA story, which never went anywhere. Problem Sleuth is the first that actually worked as a narrative.

The character Death might come from Problem Sleuth too. I know he is in that story; I just don't remember if he didn't originate from Jail Break. And I don't feel like re-reading this mess to find out. If you try to read it, keep in mind that Jail Break and Bard's Quest were purely reader-driven, so of course, the Internet being what it is, the characters were always given the grossest or stupidest commands possible. Because when an author tells the Internet to choose what their character is going to do, the Internet will always respond "pee on your own face while farting a lot", as this is what the Internet likes.

Starting with Problem Sleuth, Hussie decided to ignore this type of commands, and it resulted in stories that had some narrative worth.

Inyssius Tor
2011-12-04, 11:45 AM
Basically, a reference to Jail Break, a previous MSPA story, which never went anywhere. Problem Sleuth is the first that actually worked as a narrative.

Aha! I haven't read the old stuff in a looooooooong time.

(Also, come to think of it, I don't think I ever finished reading Problem Sleuth back in the day. I think I was archive binging on it, and it got into what looked like the endgame... and then it went on for approximately a billion more pages. Kind of threw me off my stride!)

memnarch
2011-12-04, 12:03 PM
(Also, come to think of it, I don't think I ever finished reading Problem Sleuth back in the day. I think I was archive binging on it, and it got into what looked like the endgame... and then it went on for approximately a billion more pages. Kind of threw me off my stride!)

Homestuck has run longer. One of the issues with Problem Sleuth was the fact that it was basically always reader driven. (stupid commands as quoted above ignored of course)

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-04, 12:08 PM
that and after reading homestuck, Problem sleuth just... isnt any good.

mp122984
2011-12-04, 12:40 PM
That is awesome.

The Land of Stumps and Dismay is also seen here. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001743)

RebelRogue
2011-12-04, 02:54 PM
It's still good. It's just that HS is so much better.

LoneStarNorth
2011-12-04, 03:17 PM
It's kind of like saying traditional 2D animation isn't any good now that we have CGI.

tyckspoon
2011-12-04, 03:49 PM
Strider mentioned he got "RL" to help him yoink the Con-Air rabbit from Dave.. is it a safe bet that's referring to Rose?

BRC
2011-12-04, 04:27 PM
Strider mentioned he got "RL" to help him yoink the Con-Air rabbit from Dave.. is it a safe bet that's referring to Rose?
Probably not. Considering Kid!Bro has been referred to as "DS", it probably just means that Kid!Mom's name also starts with R. (Just like Jane and Jake kept John and Jade's first initials).

Androgeus
2011-12-04, 05:51 PM
The Land of Stumps and Dismay is also seen here. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001743)

Also here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001580). I think Hussie said that the player's planet was the Land of Stumps and Dismay.

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-05, 03:36 AM
Appliance-related destruction begins and the game isn't even installed yet...

Madmal
2011-12-05, 09:00 AM
Looks like someone forgot the "gently" part on the actual command.

Kids these days, think one thing, say another.

EDIT: Also, Life and Void symbols are up. I'm still expecting Doom and Blood

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-05, 09:22 AM
EDIT: Also, Life and Void symbols are up. I'm still expecting Doom and Blood

Doom, Blood, Rage, and Hope will all be out later this week.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-06, 09:14 AM
People actually commented on my comment! Self worth... rising...

Jane's hat throwing is one of the most adorable things I've seen in... in awhile. It's pretty darn adorable.

irenicObserver
2011-12-06, 10:35 AM
Eurgh, my computer's out so I can't keep up.

things like this make me feel betterhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/264/2423561t6kgtf2p.png/

Anarion
2011-12-06, 12:30 PM

It's still pretty good. If nothing else, it's worth reading so you get all the shoutouts in Homestuck. And sepulchritude is still awesome.

People actually commented on my comment! Self worth... rising...

Jane's hat throwing is one of the most adorable things I've seen in... in awhile. It's pretty darn adorable.

Jane in general is completely adorable. And her hat has an echeladder! I'm sure that hat will stay with us through the narrative for a long time to come
It will probably never be heard from again save in hat-based character models

Eurgh, my computer's out so I can't keep up.

things like this make me feel betterhttp://imageshack.us/f/264/2423561t6kgtf2p.png/

The image isn't working for me. I followed the link directly though and it's pretty funny. Not sure why that would be Karkat rather than the Courtyard Droll though.

And finally my own thoughts. So, the most recent update as of this writing shows Jane with an echeladder and she's already 14 ranks advanced through it. I had assumed echeladders were game constructs that only appeared when a character entered their Sburb session with their non-dream body (since Jade spent a ton of time on prospit but entered LOFAF at rank 1). However, this new development seems to imply that the scratch changed the universe itself to more closely match the setting of a Sburb session. That's much more sweeping than I would have thought, even knowing that the Condense is an active manager of this universe.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-06, 01:06 PM
FedoraFreak references always make me smile.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-06, 01:13 PM
I think the echeladder thing being so much easier is annother example of the sburb speedrun thing, the game thinks the echeladder was too hard for the humans so it made it easier so they can reach god teir faster.

irenicObserver
2011-12-06, 05:34 PM
Hey Tectonic, you think they could put that LOSAD image on a t-shirt? Would anyone like a t-shirt with that?
And finally my own thoughts. So, the most recent update as of this writing shows Jane with an echeladder and she's already 14 ranks advanced through it. I had assumed echeladders were game constructs that only appeared when a character entered their Sburb session with their non-dream body (since Jade spent a ton of time on prospit but entered LOFAF at rank 1). However, this new development seems to imply that the scratch changed the universe itself to more closely match the setting of a Sburb session. That's much more sweeping than I would have thought, even knowing that the Condense is an active manager of this universe.

I thought something similar with John and the fact that Vitality Gel only showed up in the Medium. But I also thought back to the Guardians and how advanced they were which makes me wonder, we saw them on Grandpa's Battleship traveling through the Medium so what's to say they didn't level up in there? But then Jane also has concepts such as grist show up outside as well.

EDIT: I'm posting this here so I won't forget, Gamzee with the warhammer of zillyhoo with colorful face-paint holding Ms Paint's bucket Cal draped around his shoulders with a badly drawn frame of zillyhoo cherubs. Babbydave clinging to WV and Babby Jade with Midnight Crew'd Clover, there

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-06, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Echeladders just plain exist outside of Sburb. These universes are silly to start with. (Captchalogue cards were probably a Skaianet/CrockerCorp product, though.)

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-06, 08:48 PM
I wonder how The Cancer will manifest in the Alpha!verse.

I mean, it's still the same Bilious Slick, isn't it? So it's still got the screwed up genetics that Karkat inadvertently gave it. So it still has cancer...

I'm pretty sure we won't have someone prototyping an omnipotent dog to lead to Jack Noir's ascension as an unbeatable boss...

Fayd
2011-12-06, 10:08 PM
I wonder how The Cancer will manifest in the Alpha!verse.

I mean, it's still the same Bilious Slick, isn't it? So it's still got the screwed up genetics that Karkat inadvertently gave it. So it still has cancer...

I'm pretty sure we won't have someone prototyping an omnipotent dog to lead to Jack Noir's ascension as an unbeatable boss...

Actually, in an interesting trick, the universe was simultaneously destroyed and reborn. There's a distinct possibility that the cancer was destroyed. This is the "Alpha Timeline" now after all; the one meant to succeed.

maximus25
2011-12-06, 10:17 PM
Now that we know that Jake is the Page of Hope, that means that Bro has got to be the Heir, right? Also, Lalonde has to be the Witch, because Jane is a hero of Life, and Hussie wouldn't make her and Feferi the Witches of Life.

Also, one of them has to be the Hero of Blood, because the Hero of Bloods alleged power is to determine the blood color of the inhabitants of the new universe. So either Bro is the Heir of Blood, or Mom Lalonde is the Witch of Blood. I don't know which would be better.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-06, 10:30 PM
bro and mom are unlikely to be the witch and the heir, it's apparent from the frog temple that they will be joining up with the beta kids, who already have a witch and a heir. Mage and Rogue probably.

Edit: Or prince or theif... might have missed one or two others...

Or you know some random title/element we haven't seen yet like Guard of Stone or something.

Lateral
2011-12-06, 11:38 PM
Now that we know that Jake is the Page of Hope, that means that Bro has got to be the Heir, right? Also, Lalonde has to be the Witch, because Jane is a hero of Life, and Hussie wouldn't make her and Feferi the Witches of Life.

Wait, where did it say that Jake was the Page of Hope and Jane was the hero of Life?

Also, what makes you think that they have to be an Heir and a Witch? Did I just completely miss something here?

Madmal
2011-12-06, 11:55 PM
Assuming the featured 8 classes and 12 aspects on the Homestuck rpg fanbook; Rogue=Thief, Mage=Prince, Bard=Page and Sylph=Maid.

We have already seen 4 god-tier types, so there's eight to go.

Current alive non-tier trolls:

Terezi: Seer of Mind
Karkat: Knight of Blood
Kanaya: Sylph of Space (well, kinda alive? anyways, Jade already takes the Space slot)
Sollux: Mage of Doom (unless he's finally dead)
Gamzee: Bard of Rage

And there's also UU, which i'm not accounting for at the moment due to lack of information.

If there's only 12 aspects, there are 4 vacant ones: Life (Jane), Hope (Jake), Heart and Void, which could go either way.

This is, of course, an estimation, just for the sake of beign able to say "i called it" if i'm proven right. :smalltongue:

Of course this also makes me realize there were way better questions that could have had a shot at beign answered without spoiling much, such as the nature of the classes, and which is UU's class, if (s)he has one. Asking for aspect would definately be spoilery, in my opinion.

EDIT: and yes, i listed the trolls in order of favourite.
EDIT2: Yes, i ship KarklesxTerezi
EDIT3: I also crack ship TerezixKanaya
EDIT4 Which could be interpreted that i also ship KarklesxTerezixKanaya, but i'm already off the branches.

Friv
2011-12-07, 01:09 AM
Wait, where did it say that Jake was the Page of Hope and Jane was the hero of Life?

When Jane and Jake were introduced, she had a line about her MAIDEN voyage being the time of her LIFE, and his had something about turning a new PAGE, at least that's what he HOPES. Afterwords, UU told Jane that she was the hero of Life, and when Jake's funeral in Prospit was seen, the Prospitians were chanting "The Page is dead, our Hope is lost."

This would seem to strongly indicate that Jane is the Maid of Life, and Jake is the Page of Hope.

Also, what makes you think that they have to be an Heir and a Witch? Did I just completely miss something here?

That I do not know.

So. Here's my theory on DS and RL. It works on the following premises:

Premise #1) There will be no overlap between the kids and the Alphakids when it comes to class or role. This is because indications are that all eight kids will be playing together.

Premise #2) This is not true of the trolls. Kanaya and Aradia already share the Time and Space roles with Dave and Jade, and Karkat and Terezi share the Knight and Seer classes with Dave and Rose. Therefore, the Alphakids could, in fact, have any of the classes or roles of the trolls.

With that in mind, there are six classes and six roles not taken yet, and DS and RL will have two of them.
The classes are Thief, Bard, Rogue, Mage, Sylph, and Prince. If you go by the fan RPG, you don't need Rogue, Bard, or Mage, but I don't think that's a safe bet, since that RPG had no input from Hussie to my knowledge. Beside, why the hell would a Bard be a Page? Wouldn't the Maid be the Page, and the Mage be the Witch, and the Prince be the Heir?

Anyway.
The roles are Void, Heart, Mind, Rage, Blood and Doom.

Now. We know that RL is under the same dark pockets that we've seen in two other places - with the Equicestor, and with Grim!Rose. Therefore, I presume that she has Void. DS seems like someone who is going to have either Mind or Heart, and we have seen a lot of what Mind does already, so Heart is a strong contender.

With all of that in mind, I am going to go ahead, based on the personalities that we've seen so far, and call RL as either the Thief of Void or the Mage of Void, based on her apparent hacker skills and tricky abilities, and DS the Bard of Hearts or the Seer of Hearts based on his desire to really understand people and help them to become better people. Even if he sometimes does it in odd ways.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-07, 03:28 AM
I am loving the little fairy bulls.

So cute!

Gez
2011-12-07, 06:36 AM
DS the Bard of Hearts or the Seer of Hearts based on his desire to really understand people and help them to become better people. Even if he sometimes does it in odd ways.

If Kid Bro isn't the Hunk of Rumps, I'll be disappointed. :smalltongue:

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-07, 09:12 AM
Hey Tectonic, you think they could put that LOSAD image on a t-shirt? Would anyone like a t-shirt with that?

...I would ki- do something ridiculous for a t-shirt with that on it. Something so, completely ridiculous. And I think that yeah, you could put that on a shirt. Although I don't know how.

So cute!

Yes, they are quite adorable. I would say they are the most adorable things in homestuck, but Jade. And Nepeta. And the Wayward Vagabond.

...Since when has homestuck been so adorable???

irenicObserver
2011-12-07, 10:41 AM

So cute!
I'm still looking at gettingone of those and my very own Arthour, srsly.

Also, one of them has to be the Hero of Blood, because the Hero of Bloods alleged power is to determine the blood color of the inhabitants of the new universe. So either Bro is the Heir of Blood, or Mom Lalonde is the Witch of Blood. I don't know which would be better.Keyword alleged, this is all fan conjecture that I have seen from the MSPA wiki. It's not likely that the game would have a class for something so arbitrary, does blood color really matter that much to the universe? The only other ability the Blood class has is the apparent ability to make rainbow drinkers (it was Karkat that kissed Kanaya). Don't sound so sure of yourself.

...I would ki- do something ridiculous for a t-shirt with that on it. Something so, completely ridiculous. And I think that yeah, you could put that on a shirt. Although I don't know how.

Yes, they are quite adorable. I would say they are the most adorable things in homestuck, but Jade. And Nepeta. And the Wayward Vagabond.

...Since when has homestuck been so adorable???

Ever since Jade showed up, she is made of adorable. Even the trolls are especially adorabloodthirtsty.

Lateral
2011-12-07, 03:49 PM
He finally did the goat thing. Sort of.

Madmal
2011-12-07, 09:17 PM
Forget Bec Noir or the Wolf head. That bleat and those eyes sent a chill down my spine...

irenicObserver
2011-12-08, 10:26 AM
And D???'s hair is also shaped like a bird, huh.

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-08, 07:45 PM
...WHAT. :smalleek:

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-08, 07:51 PM
Maybe she's the human's aradia? I mean she IS the maid right?

RebelRogue
2011-12-08, 07:57 PM
:smalleek: What the...?

Bad Situation
2011-12-08, 08:02 PM
Did anybody else notice the pulse emitted by the sun?

Lots of blue/orange/red/black in this scene. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006183)

AgentPaper
2011-12-08, 08:10 PM
I would like to say I was shocked and stunned by this sudden character death, or even that I didn't believe that she was actually dead since she's a major character and all, but after all this time my first thought was "Huh, I wonder if you can go god-tier before you even start the game somehow?" :smalltongue:

LoneStarNorth
2011-12-08, 08:15 PM
Did anyone else burst out laughing? I sure did :smallbiggrin:

Selrahc
2011-12-08, 08:18 PM
If only she'd been wearing her clever disguise. I'm sure the pranksters aegis (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001992) would be a great defence against a whatever that was.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-08, 08:21 PM
Oh Hussie, why you trollin'?

Athaniar
2011-12-08, 08:39 PM
Well that was certainly unexpected. Update noow! I want to know what happens!

Das Platyvark
2011-12-08, 08:40 PM
Dear Gog.
That was fantastic.

Feddlefew
2011-12-08, 08:45 PM
Just before it exploded, I was thinking

'What if it's a mailbomb? N-'

:smalleek:

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-08, 08:51 PM
Just before it exploded, I was thinking

'What if it's a mailbomb? N-'

:smalleek:

So was I. Of course in my case that was because my notice of the update consisted of my wife screaming "HUSSIE!!!!" from across the house. :smallbiggrin: :smalleek:

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-12-08, 09:24 PM
WAT. AUGH. ASADFSDF. AUGFFF.

*falls to knees, then screams into the sky*

HUUUUUUSSSSIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE!!!!!!!!

Das Platyvark
2011-12-08, 11:29 PM
Really, I'm kind of glad to see a plot twist like this come up. I didn't exactly appreciate Jane in the first place, and something out of the blue like this seems almost comical. Kind of brilliant.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-08, 11:40 PM
I am, of course, shocked by this.

Shocked, and astounded.

HOWEVER! I found a picture of the Midnight Crew as ponies! So that's pretty cool, I guess.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/328/0/a/midnight_crew_by_tomomo_no_mae-d4h6cp4.png

PhantomFox
2011-12-08, 11:58 PM
Oh c'mon. Are you forgetting the first rule of character death? If you don't see the body, they're probably not dead. Even if you do, there's no guarantees.

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-09, 05:07 AM
This day has a name now. (http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/%22The_Great_What%22)

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-09, 05:38 AM
Yeah, you simply cannot hope to beat Hussie in a troll off.

He is simply the best there is.

On the good news side, we now know that Sollux is only HALF dead. That's good, isn't it?

irenicObserver
2011-12-09, 10:26 AM
It would be if it was news.

EDIT: Does anyone else kind of want Jane to alchemize some computers with her clever disguise? Imagine using your mustache or hat as a computer.

Friv
2011-12-09, 02:51 PM
Hussie, you monster! How dare you?!

Don't you realize that you could just reuse the same curtain rig repeatedly, and switch out the picture in the background, instead of having to constantly rig up new ones?

Green curtain cloth is expensive, man! Don't you know there's a recession?

tyckspoon
2011-12-09, 03:21 PM
'e's gone all self-indulgent again. People been complaining at his tumblr about stupid things too much again?

Lateral
2011-12-09, 08:10 PM
Wow.

...Act 6 part 1 was surprisingly short. Then again, I suppose there are like five more, whereas act 5 only had two parts and the others didn't have parts at all. Still, it's been less than a month since Act 6 started.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-10, 01:45 AM
Ah, man, I love the god-tier echeladders!

They are SO COOOOL!

Bad Situation
2011-12-10, 03:43 AM
Power ups for everyone!

Of course, it's arguable that these power ups are even quantifiable in the first place.

'e's gone all self-indulgent again. People been complaining at his tumblr about stupid things too much again?
Again? Wouldn't that imply that Hussie was ever allowed a moment's reprieve from stupidity? That's a tall order for any fandom, which is made even more difficult by the gargantuan size of the Homestuck community.

Anarion
2011-12-10, 11:28 AM
I am, of course, shocked by this.

Shocked, and astounded.

HOWEVER! I found a picture of the Midnight Crew as ponies! So that's pretty cool, I guess.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/328/0/a/midnight_crew_by_tomomo_no_mae-d4h6cp4.png

That's amazing.

Power ups for everyone!

Of course, it's arguable that these power ups are even quantifiable in the first place.

Again? Wouldn't that imply that Hussie was ever allowed a moment's reprieve from stupidity? That's a tall order for any fandom, which is made even more difficult by the gargantuan size of the Homestuck community.

Actually, it seems like the power ups do make a certain sense. It always bugged me that Jack Noir was able to just teleport stab John in one shot even though he was god tier already. Granted, it didn't slow him down by much, but it did disable him for at least a few minutes and always seemed odd to me compared to Vriska being able to (almost, maybe) take down Jack 1 v. 1. It makes much more sense if there are some differentiations even at the god tier level.

And for everyone that's about to point out Aradia stopping Jack as a newly minted god-tier, I respond that he could have teleport stabbed her, but she would have just revived. Jack didn't respect her and was having fun randomly flying around killing at that point. He didn't know that her powers were time-related so he couldn't anticipate being stopped for a while.

By the way, god-tier Jade rendered symbolically is the cutest thing ever. I love her design.

Bad Situation
2011-12-10, 12:21 PM
By the way, god-tier Jade rendered symbolically is the cutest thing ever. I love her design.

I like how her hair bunches up in the back of her hood.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-10, 07:08 PM
I'd like to point out that this was foreshadowed AGES ago. Someone made a comment about the first of the god tiers, or something like that-probably Vriska, but I don't recall.

Selrahc
2011-12-10, 07:59 PM
You each receive the badge GIFT OF GAB, enabling you to engage in simple, direct dialogue with others, without requiring any gimmicks to facilitate communication. You don't need to type through a chat client, or talk to a sprite, or traverse through a memory in a dream bubble, or wander around in an interactive game environment, or any of that stuff.

You seriously never thought you would live to see this achievement unlocked. It almost feels like cheating. Like conversing in god mode.

What is this I don't even

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-10, 08:32 PM
Huh.

That's unexpected?

irenicObserver
2011-12-10, 08:59 PM

Oh. My. GOD!! that's awesome

Lol'ing at the whole talking in person thing. That was something I wondered a while ago, does anyone actually talk in person in Homestuck? We've only ever seen that in flashes.

Fayd
2011-12-10, 09:36 PM
So: this is my prediction for the structure of the act:

Act 6 Act 1, Act 6 Intermission 1, Act 6 Act 2, Act 6 Intermission 2, Act 6 Act 3, Act 6 Intermission 3, Act 6 Act 4, Act 6 Intermission 4, Act 6 Act 5 Act 1, Act 6 Intermission 5, act 6 Act 5 Act 2, Act 6 Intermission 6, Act 7

Simius
2011-12-10, 10:59 PM
Sweet! It's the first Dialoglog. I really love the Gift of Gap, such a convenient skill to have.

Gez
2011-12-11, 02:48 AM

They look like calves to me.
http://i.imgur.com/uqPC9.jpg

I guess when you try to stylize a horse into being cute, instead of a freaky hoofbeast, you end up with a cow. Because, well...
http://i.imgur.com/jR9yi.gif
Realistic portrait of Pinkie Pie

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-11, 08:12 AM
Is it just me, or is Hussie streatching backwards?

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 09:04 AM
Hussie needs to read up on relativity...

So: this is my prediction for the structure of the act:

Act 6 Act 1, Act 6 Intermission 1, Act 6 Act 2, Act 6 Intermission 2, Act 6 Act 3, Act 6 Intermission 3, Act 6 Act 4, Act 6 Intermission 4, Act 6 Act 5 Act 1, Act 6 Intermission 5, act 6 Act 5 Act 2, Act 6 Intermission 6, Act 7

But what about Act 6 Act 6? That will have to have a similar substructure. Specifically it will have an Act 6 Act 6 Act 6 which will also have a substructure... It's going to be Acts all the way down! Fractal Acts, yay :smallbiggrin:

memnarch
2011-12-11, 12:49 PM
Hussie needs to read up on relativity...

Well, to me, the only thing that seems off is that the ship hasn't "compressed" from the hus-bot's point of view.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-11, 01:14 PM
why would it compress?

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 01:25 PM
why would it compress?
Lorentz contraction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_contraction).

But the time it should take to cross the yard from John and Jade's point of view should be very short - much shorter than the three nano-seconds it takes from Hussbot's POV. It seems like they have all the time in the world to chat.

memnarch
2011-12-11, 01:46 PM

But the time it should take to cross the yard from John and Jade's point of view should be very short - much shorter than the three nano-seconds it takes from Hussbot's POV. It seems like they have all the time in the world to chat.

Well, I don't think it'd be shorter than three nano-seconds, since time slows down for them as well. But! Gotta remember this is a comic! And Talking is a Free Action (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingIsAFreeAction)!

Lateral
2011-12-11, 02:05 PM

:smallconfused:

From their point of view, it would appear to take longer, unless I seriously misunderstand relativistic time dilation. The three nanosecond figure that Hussie used is a decent approximation of the time it would take for an outside observer. (It's actually closer to 10/3 nanoseconds, but whatever.)

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 02:09 PM
:smallconfused:
From their point of view, it would appear to take longer, unless I seriously misunderstand relativistic time dilation.
It takes shorter. Think of it this way: everything around them Lorentz contracts (from their POV). Since velocity is unchanged, it takes a shorter time to move the distance.

Hussbot should be moving slowly from their POV, though.

memnarch
2011-12-11, 02:18 PM
It takes shorter. Think of it this way: everything around them Lorentz contracts (from their POV). Since velocity is unchanged, it takes a shorter time to move the distance.

I think you mean that the ship appears to undergo Lorentz Contraction to hus-bot. From the kids on the ship's point of view, everything else has expanded, so it would take longer for them to travel the distance, but only from their perspective.

BRC
2011-12-11, 02:20 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought, if I recall the Traveling Twin thing correctly (One twin stays on earth, the other flies around at near-light speeds for a couple years, comes back and finds their twin is now much older than they are. This was a big deal in the later Enders Game books where it was how people were still alive after hundreds of years (they had spent most of that time traveling between star systems at relativistic speeds) ), John and Jade should have Less time than the Hussiebot.
Of course, its a kid who became a god of wind and his friend/genetic slime sister who became a half god-dog god of space moving between fourth walls with planets in their pockets. I'm not sure that a realistic depiction of relativistic physics is what what we should be worried about here.

memnarch
2011-12-11, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought, if I recall the Traveling Twin thing correctly (One twin stays on earth, the other flies around at near-light speeds for a couple years, comes back and finds their twin is now much older than they are. This was a big deal in the later Enders Game books where it was how people were still alive after hundreds of years (they had spent most of that time traveling between star systems at relativistic speeds) ), John and Jade should have Less time than the Hussiebot.

Oh right, the Twin Paradox. Forgot about that; sort of makes sense that the kids would have less time to do stuff. Too bad the last time I looked into relativity was in highschool 3 years ago; it's fascinating stuff!

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 02:26 PM
I think you mean that the ship appears to undergo Lorentz Contraction to hus-bot. From the kids on the ship's point of view, everything else has expanded, so it would take longer for them to travel the distance, but only from their perspective.
No! You're missing the point of relativity completely. Yes, the ship should look contracted to Hussbot. But the reverse is also true: the environment looks contracted from the ship! That's the entire point of relativity: none of the systems are better than the other - both are inertial frames. The rules of nature should be the same in any inertial frame. That's one of the two basic assumptions special relativity is built on. It may seem paradoxical, but in fact it's all consistent (but you have to give up on the idea of simultaneity).

The reason the twin paradox is still true, is that in order to return to Earth, the twin in the spaceship will have to accelerate - his system is no longer an inertial frame; you can distinguish between the two systems.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-11, 02:48 PM
How about we just say weird physics shinannigans and call it a day?

Androgeus
2011-12-11, 04:20 PM
Someone on the mspa forums calculated all the weird physics shinannigans (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?44028-So-Physics) if anyone wanted to read it.

Bad Situation
2011-12-11, 04:35 PM
Someone on the mspa forums calculated all the weird physics shinannigans (http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?44028-So-Physics) if anyone wanted to read it.

Sure. I'm pretty sure it's spelled 'shenanigans' though.

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 04:47 PM
In his example, where the ship flies at 81% of light speed:

Time dilation! Jade will experience no more than 1.76 nanoseconds between hitting both walls, while Hussie experiences 3.

Gez
2011-12-11, 04:49 PM
The Gift of Gab sure allows for speedy communication.

AgentPaper
2011-12-11, 05:11 PM
You also have to take into account that Jade huge-ified the window, so to them the ship is still however many meters long, and the gap is however many times larger than that. So depending on exactly how large the ship is, the distance could be as long as a few kilometers for Jade and John. Thus, relativity would mean that time moves much slower for them than it does for Hussiebot, for whom the distance is still the normal 1 meter long.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-11, 06:37 PM
In regards to physics:

Dave's planet is literally lava and metal gears! How the heck is he not burned?

How is Beat Mesa flying?

The kids planets are too tiny to have gravity! Why don't they just fly away?

Why haven't the trolls asphyxiated in the veil?

Don't actually answer any of this, they're joke questions. Also, yes, the dialoglog is the best log.

irenicObserver
2011-12-11, 06:58 PM
We are talking about an AR resembling an RPG, I believe we should cut it some slack physics-wise.

RebelRogue
2011-12-11, 07:11 PM
I agree that trying to apply physics to fiction is often a silly idea. However, here I get the feeling that the scene is supposed to be correct, relativistically speaking (Hussie has used relativity before as a plot device in PS). And some of the comments here show how the effects like space contraction and time dilation are often misunderstood, so I just wanted to point that out.

AgentPaper
2011-12-11, 07:23 PM
Trying to use physics to seriously bash the comic is a bit silly, yes. However, discussing the physics of the comic in a light-hearted manner for the fun of it, however, is fine I think. The absurdity of applying physics to a game with green suns and captchalogs and such only makes it more fun.

Kizor
2011-12-11, 08:45 PM
Andrew was asked about the kids breathing in space as they travel the incipisphere.

He answered "They're in space?"

We should go with that attitude, and keep in mind that the place is built to let the players keep their homes' power on even after being teleported into a dark monster dimension.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-11, 10:16 PM
Relevent to recent update. (http://ib.skaia.net/image/29532.png)

Anarion
2011-12-12, 12:51 AM
You also have to take into account that Jade huge-ified the window, so to them the ship is still however many meters long, and the gap is however many times larger than that. So depending on exactly how large the ship is, the distance could be as long as a few kilometers for Jade and John. Thus, relativity would mean that time moves much slower for them than it does for Hussiebot, for whom the distance is still the normal 1 meter long.

The most recent update suggests that they'll take three years to cross the distance. I haven't done any relativity math in a few years myself, but I suspect that means that Hussie is using the kids' scale. So they're traveling near lightspeed on a very large battleship and the passage of time for them will seem pretty short, but they'll come out on the other side to find that three years have passed.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-12, 12:57 AM
seesh three years on that thing... Three years of puberty with no one but your ectobiological sibling, your ectobiological clown-mother, a tenta-cat, and an unrelated bird-boy who probably doesn't age with you. I can see the tension rising now.

Though Jade might be able to unshrink some things from their homes like computers and games and the like.

It's not like Dave and rose are even in the same boat, assuming the Trolls get their in less time then three years then they at least have them to fool around with. Might have less in the games and entertainment department however.

maximus25
2011-12-12, 01:16 AM
Why can't Jade just make the ship bigger? Seems like it would take less time then.

Anarion
2011-12-12, 01:29 AM
Why can't Jade just make the ship bigger? Seems like it would take less time then.

She's apparently limited by relativistic physics while in Hussie's study, and she can't even get the ship to the actual speed of light. Making the ship bigger would increase its mass, which would slow it down further (requires more energy to get up to the same speed).

maximus25
2011-12-12, 01:32 AM
She's apparently limited by relativistic physics while in Hussie's study, and she can't even get the ship to the actual speed of light. Making the ship bigger would increase its mass, which would slow it down further (requires more energy to get up to the same speed).

It also has less distance to travel, negating the need to go at the speed of light to cross the yard of distance.

AgentPaper
2011-12-12, 01:45 AM
Hm, perhaps the reason for that slowdown is because of the planets? They're shrunk even more than the ship itself, so perhaps they're forcing the ship to move at the speed of light relative to them?

That doesn't make too much sense though, that should just make time seem slower on the planets themselves, not on the ship around them.

Well, how much smaller than normal would the battleship need to be to turn three nanoseconds into three years? It would have to be small enough to turn 1 yard into 3 lightyears, or 1 foot to 1 lightyear. According to google, that would imply a scale of 31,038,479,000,000,000 to 1, or ~31 quadrillion to 1. Which assuming the ship is about a kilometer long, would mean the ship is now ~31 femtometers long. Which for reference, puts you about at a scale to use electrons as beachballs.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-12, 02:24 AM
... we don't really need to get into a physics lesson about this.

Anarion
2011-12-12, 02:39 AM
The problem here is that special relativity (at least in the basic cases) really doesn't contemplate rescaling things under your own power. If you go really fast, it can cause things to appear different sizes (indeed even be different sizes, there's a cool problem where a 1 meter stick shaped like a T can push a switch inside a 2 meter hole shaped like a U). It can't compare when different frames are also using different units, however.

Basically, all reference frames must agree on the meaning of units. Although Frame A might observe the stick and say "that is 1 yard" where frame B does not, they both understand the words "1 yard" to mean the same thing.

Jade's scaling abilties throw this out of whack. 1 yard on one of the planets is NOT the same thing as 1 yard on the battleship, which is NOT the same thing as 1 yard to Hussiebot. This difference would exist even if all items on screen were standing perfectly still in the same reference frame.

This difference makes comparison between the planets, the battleship, and Hussiebot impossible as presented. You have to select one frame's units and apply them to every frame to have a meaningful comparison. For example, if you use the kid's frame then the battleship is a maybe a few hundred yards long, Hussiebot is the more than 1000 yards tall, and the planets are a few inches. That allows for meaningful comparison.

@Draconi: but...but I spent two years of undergrad studying this stuff. :smallfrown:

AgentPaper
2011-12-12, 03:53 AM
I'm assuming that the differences in distance can be taken in similarly to the differences in time that special relativity describes. So the yellow yard is 1 yard for the hussiebot, but 3 lightyears for the kids.

Following this reasoning, the distance is even longer for the planets, which are shrunk who knows how many times smaller than even the kids are. Assuming the planets are 100,000,000 times smaller than normal (which if they're similar in size to the moon, would put them at ~1 inch wide), that means that the distance to the other window is instead three hundred million lightyears relative to them, plus another few thousand years from the time they were shrunk before entering the window (they were going very fast then, too) and however long it takes them to decelerate after leaving the second window. (Unless Jade was/will be using her green sun powers to negate that)

So um, what's happened on those planets in those three hundred million years, do you guys think?

some guy
2011-12-12, 06:25 AM
Keep on talking about physics. I like that.

But one of the other things I like is translating Serenity. Her

you suck made me laugh. Mainly because there was a delay in seeing the page and translating it. I did not know things could work like that.
But at who was it directed?

Also, there is some white streak coming from the Green Sun.

Androgeus
2011-12-12, 07:00 AM

Isn't it the troll's asteroid going towards the Green Sun?

some guy
2011-12-12, 07:07 AM
Isn't it the troll's asteroid going towards the Green Sun?

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. That's probably it.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-12, 08:55 AM
Ah, Serenity. You have the sickest burns.

Hooray for dialogue!

Did anyone else think of how happy the shippers were going to be when they saw the three year age up thing?

Lix Lorn
2011-12-12, 09:58 AM
You think we care?
Us shippers didn't think 'Yay we can ship them!'
We thought 'Yay we don't need to occasionally pretend to be guilty about shipping them!'

memnarch
2011-12-12, 10:30 AM
Keep on talking about physics. I like that.

But one of the other things I like is translating Serenity. Her
made me laugh. Mainly because there was a delay in seeing the page and translating it. I did not know things could work like that.
But at who was it directed?

Serenity is WV's friend, of a sort. PM is also WV's friend. Who does that leave in the Troll universe that she would be blinking that at? :smalltongue: Bec Noir

Radar
2011-12-12, 11:14 AM
Relevent to recent update. (http://ib.skaia.net/image/29532.png)
This is hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

irenicObserver
2011-12-12, 05:44 PM
So, let me get this straight, the universes are in some sort of Green Solar System?

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-12, 07:29 PM
not literally i don't think, she was just describing it as such.

Lateral
2011-12-12, 09:22 PM
You know, the characters in the Alphaverse are all exactly three years older than in the Betaverse at the same point in plot. This is probably why.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-12, 11:41 PM
D'awwww, someone has a cruuush! <3<

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-12, 11:42 PM
And someone else has a hatecrush.

Welp, there's my new ship.

mp122984
2011-12-12, 11:42 PM
So. New update.

Well... I certainly wasn't expecting that. :smallamused:

It's amazing how much Jack's expression fits in hindsight, although PM's is rather a surprise?

Edit: Gah! Ninja'd

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-13, 08:52 AM
You think we care?
Us shippers didn't think 'Yay we can ship them!'
We thought 'Yay we don't need to occasionally pretend to be guilty about shipping them!'
Ah. Obviously I have much to learn about the ancient arts of shipping.

D'awwww, someone has a cruuush! <3<
I must say I totally didn't see this coming. Like, at all. Not as much as I didn't see Jade exploding, though.

Feddlefew
2011-12-13, 09:05 AM
Every male agent has developed a crush on PM.

So if WV were to come in contact with the Black Queen, would it be a <3 or a <3< ?

irenicObserver
2011-12-13, 09:16 AM
So I can't help but feel Rose will end up making some sort of Lavender Sun when they stop LE.

some guy
2011-12-13, 09:21 AM
Have you guys seen the neqw sweet bro and hella jeff (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=038.jpg)?

It's... kinda surprising.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-13, 09:25 AM
Every male agent has developed a crush on PM.

So if WV were to come in contact with the Black Queen, would it be a <3 or a <3< ?
Erm, I think he'd just hate her platonically. He doesn't like kings, after all! And, I guess, queens? Although he seemed pretty cool with WQ. ...Why must we assume a romantic relationship would even crop up?

So I can't help but feel Rose will end up making some sort of Lavender Sun when they stop LE.
I dunno, seems like we'd have seen a Lavender Sun Already in the comic.

Have you guys seen the neqw sweet bro and hella jeff (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=038.jpg)?

It's... kinda surprising.
Not yet, no! But I plan on seeing it later.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-13, 01:37 PM

Stop him from doing what?:smallconfused:

Lix Lorn
2011-12-13, 01:45 PM
Anyone who likes the Green Lantern mythos might like this thing I did (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12369217&postcount=231). More life for the thread would be nice too.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-13, 10:25 PM
Stop him from doing what?:smallconfused:
Lord Englishing, of course!

The answer is so obvious you wonder why you even bothered to ask.

Anyone who likes the Green Lantern mythos might like this thing I did (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12369217&postcount=231). More life for the thread would be nice too.
Yes! It's awesome!

*Calls in the thread paramedics*

irenicObserver
2011-12-14, 12:00 AM
Sometimes Tectonic I want to see you as a member of the Midnight Crew.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-14, 08:52 AM
Firefly translaitions anyone?

Derjuin
2011-12-14, 08:56 AM
Firefly translaitions anyone?

You suck!!! (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006210)

Coward! (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006220)

Please... (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006223)

Help him!!! (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006224)

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-14, 09:11 AM
Sometimes Tectonic I want to see you as a member of the Midnight Crew.
This is the greatest compliment anyone has ever paid me. ;_;

*Totally wishes he could see himself as a member of the Midnight Crew

Bad Situation
2011-12-14, 11:06 PM
bluhbluhthisisgarbage asked:
What do Heart powers do?

Maybe we’ll find out later??????

For now, let’s say they make you extremely likely to get beaten to death by a rowdy juggalo.

sepulchritood asked:
Since you released all the god tier symbols, that means more of the characters will go god tier right? It’d be super awesome to see all their designs c:

If I miraculously squeezed three years into a yard of lightspeed travel, I think I can squeeze 12 god tiers into an entire slaughterhouse of brutally murdered, narratively irrelevant trolls.

JUST WATCH ME WORK MY MAGIC

Hahaha.

Oh Hussie, you knave.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-15, 03:34 AM
RIP, Sollux.

Well, at least, that Sollux.

I'm glad to see Gamzee kind of spaced out again, too.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-15, 07:55 AM
So I guess Sollux has been promoted to a full red x, then?

And Karkat is crying out in the open! Everyone knows his blood color! :O

*Hass the SHOCK*

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-15, 08:04 AM
Well, there's the Sollux that left his dream bubble with Aradia at the moment, isn't there?

So he might still be alive. Kind of.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-15, 08:47 AM
Oh, and I changed my signature because of this thread! Hooray for that, I guess.

Spoiled for Draconi!:
What do you guys think Lord English is actually going to do when he starts doing things? Besides contacting Scratch, I mean. Or do you think he'll never actually show up besides what we've briefly seen of him.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-15, 01:19 PM
Nahh relax. We've got a half-dead sollux here and a half-dead sollux with Aradia. Naturally they will fuse to make a full-dead sollux and a full-alive sollux :P

Madmal
2011-12-15, 01:35 PM
How many times has this guy died/almost-died already? I guess enough to justify my confusion. No wonder his aspect is Doom.

memnarch
2011-12-15, 01:38 PM
How many times has this guy died/almost-died already? I guess enough to justify my confusion. No wonder his aspect is Doom.

3 deaths now; original body and both dream-selves.

LoneStarNorth
2011-12-15, 06:43 PM
And Karkat is crying out in the open! Everyone knows his blood color! :O

I believe they already know. I seem to recall that it came out at some point during their session, before Jack showed up, but it was a background event rather than something that got shown in full. I don't remember where I'm getting this info from though so I might be wrong.

some guy
2011-12-15, 07:08 PM
I believe they already know. I seem to recall that it came out at some point during their session, before Jack showed up, but it was a background event rather than something that got shown in full. I don't remember where I'm getting this info from though so I might be wrong.

Hm, I'm not sure if there are any more occasions, but at this point (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004476) Karkat and Terezi have this conversation:

CG: TEREZI
CG: PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT MY BLOOD.
CG: I WANT TO TELL THEM, I MEAN I WILL TELL THEM.
CG: LATER
CG: ONCE THEY RESPECT ME AS A LEADER.
GC: OK
GC: 1 W1LL K33P TH4T S3CR3T 1F YOU K33P TH1S ON3 1 T3LL YOU
GC: WH1CH 1S TH4T
GC: B3TW33N YOU 4ND M3 K4RK4T
GC: 1 TH1NK TH3Y 4LR34DY DO
EDIT: Oh, I just realized Terezi was probably just talking about the team respecting Karkat as a leader and not talking about the team knowing about his blood. Derp.

Also, the latest update. Wow. Oh, wow.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-15, 07:17 PM
Aww.

Gamzee is good moirail.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-15, 07:21 PM
Relevent to recent update (http://ib.skaia.net/image/30374.png)

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-15, 07:26 PM
Aww.

Gamzee is good moirail.
...Maybe.

Relevent to recent update (http://ib.skaia.net/image/30374.png)

...Squidbiscuit, you are an odd artist. That is all.

Have some grimdark John!
http://ib.skaia.net/image/30405.png

Friv
2011-12-15, 08:03 PM
So, we have confirmation that Sollux did indeed die, and that he did indeed survive. Good ol' Sollux, nice to know that he stays consistent. ;)

Now, this does bring up an interesting question - his prophecy. Sollux originally prophecized that all twelve trolls would die, and that he would die twice. I'm assuming that dreamselves don't count, or else he wouldn't have singled himself out as the only one to die repeatedly.

With that in mind... Karkat, Gamzee and Terezi have all yet to die. This worries me somewhat.

memnarch
2011-12-15, 08:11 PM

With that in mind... Karkat, Gamzee and Terezi have all yet to die. This worries me somewhat.

Don't suppose dream-self deaths count?

Lateral
2011-12-15, 08:25 PM
Ah. I wonder if Hussie will have the intermission either end there or cut to another character.

Anarion
2011-12-15, 08:26 PM
Don't suppose dream-self deaths count?

Well, Sollux has died thrice if dream self deaths count, so that's not all that likely. Then again, I'm not even sure where he's getting his extra body from anymore. Is the one floating with Aradia actually Sollux, or it a spirit or dream bubble or something?

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-15, 08:40 PM
Spirit Sollux could always just merge with the dead sollux body, possibly getting the memmories of both.

Anarion
2011-12-15, 11:48 PM
Interesting, so even though Jade can't teleport anything, she can still see everyone and use her body as a viewing device in a similar manner to the way that Doc Scratch could let people view things through his head.

tyckspoon
2011-12-16, 06:07 AM
Interesting, so even though Jade can't teleport anything, she can still see everyone and use her body as a viewing device in a similar manner to the way that Doc Scratch could let people view things through his head.

That's.. a bit weird, to me. It seems to imply that she still has the link to the Green Sun available- she's got the energy arcs and the green flashing and everything- so it's hard to say why the powers from it shouldn't work. If nothing else, John could probably travel there the same way Aradia went through Jack, although leaving Jade alone on that ship for three subjective years would be kind of a jerk move (although I suppose Jade is about to suggest something very like that method as a way to talk to the crew already at the Sun anyway.)

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-16, 08:23 AM
Ahehehe, John...

*Ahem*, this one goes out Lix Lorn and Anarion the awesome and anyone else who enjoys MLP:FIM and Homestuck.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/145/3/9/cavalpanionship_by_malisteen-d3h8dnw.jpg

And this one is just kinda funny:
http://ib.skaia.net/image/30472.png

Anarion
2011-12-16, 02:37 PM
Ahehehe, John...

*Ahem*, this one goes out Lix Lorn and Anarion the awesome and anyone else who enjoys MLP:FIM and Homestuck.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/145/3/9/cavalpanionship_by_malisteen-d3h8dnw.jpg

And this one is just kinda funny:
http://ib.skaia.net/image/30472.png

Hahaha, edits are the best thing. Thank you Tectonic Robot.
As for that second picture, RIP inspector Snowsniffle, we barely knew ye.

Also, continuing my analysis of the current comic.
The ...suggests that Jade knows that Vriska is dead and her yup when John IDs Karkat and Gamzee makes me think that she might just know what every troll looks like already through either her Green Sun or Witch of Space powers.

I'm not sure what she's implying with "you could ask them now" although we'll find out in the next comic. At first, I thought it meant she could contact them with her Green Sun powers, but now I think it might just be allowed via the Gift of Gab achievement. It is a god-tier power and being able to engage in simple, direct dialogue with others might have no spatial or dimensional limits as long as you know who you're contacting.

Fayd
2011-12-16, 04:22 PM
Initially I thought that Jade might offer to to for John what Aradia did with Jack; i.e. Teleport him through her to the Green Sun. Of course, that would probably be a one-way trip, and Jade would then be absolutely alone except for the monsters and denizens for three whole years.

memnarch
2011-12-16, 04:37 PM
Initially I thought that Jade might offer to to for John what Aradia did with Jack; i.e. Teleport him through her to the Green Sun. Of course, that would probably be a one-way trip, and Jade would then be absolutely alone except for the monsters and denizens for three whole years.

Dave sprite is still on Skaia remember?

AgentPaper
2011-12-16, 04:57 PM
I'm assuming that she's lost her connection to the Green Sun, but still has some amount of it's power stored inside her. She can still use many of her powers, just not any of the ones that require a direct link to the Green Sun. So, she can show images and facilitate conversation, but can't physically teleport things.

Leecros
2011-12-16, 09:05 PM
Or her connection to The Green Sun could simply be weaker, thus she is unable to draw enough power from it to teleport things. Nowhere does it say "She's completely severed from The Green Sun".

All her statements really say is that she can't teleport things when she's outside of The Sun's domain. Which...to an extent...makes sense, teleportation is something that would take a lot of energy

irenicObserver
2011-12-16, 10:10 PM
He does it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEmKHsTv-M) everyday, seriously all the damned time.

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-17, 12:00 AM
Questions of food raised in strip, with most of the answers we've come up with. Also, more limitations.

...and Jade captchalogued the planets?! :smalleek:

Anarion
2011-12-17, 12:10 AM

Good guess!

I wonder if Jade still has access to her pictionary modus or if her semidog status means that she can just captchalog anything freely.

Bad Situation
2011-12-17, 12:49 AM
JOHN: you are like a furry now, but not really the weird kind that people on the internet like to have sex with in their imagination.
JADE: D:

I can't believe how much I missed John's derpiness.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-17, 01:45 AM

...Agreed, agreed.

RebelRogue
2011-12-17, 08:28 AM
I literally laughed out loud when Jade materialized that bucket to use for sending the letter :smallbiggrin: When the appearence of a pail is suddenly the most hilarious thing ever, you know you spend too much time on weird webcomics :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2011-12-17, 08:59 AM
John knows what sex is?

Anarion
2011-12-17, 11:40 AM
John knows what sex is?

He's obviously not that well-acquainted with it. I mean, flinging a bucket at the trolls?! I thought this was supposed to be PG-13 at most.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-17, 12:17 PM
I literally laughed out loud when Jade materialized that bucket to use for sending the letter :smallbiggrin: When the appearence of a pail is suddenly the most hilarious thing ever, you know you spend too much time on weird webcomics :smallwink:
That was quite hilarious.

John knows what sex is?
Apparently!

He's obviously not that well-acquainted with it. I mean, flinging a bucket at the trolls?! I thought this was supposed to be PG-13 at most.
No, wait, what he said.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-17, 01:00 PM
Good to see some prospitians and Dersites survived! I was worried they were trapped on prospit/derse during the scratch or were wiped out completely on Skia.

irenicObserver
2011-12-17, 06:35 PM
Although Jade is "merely" semipotent she is more potent than other First Guardians seen, what with her ability to make sprite constructs.

Lateral
2011-12-17, 06:38 PM
I love Karkat's expression in that last one.

Although, if that expression means that he can see the bucket through Jade as well, then wouldn't the rift be two-way? Granted, his shock-face could be from seeing the other Sollux and Aradia, Dave, and Rose as god-tiers.

irenicObserver
2011-12-17, 07:17 PM
That makes the most logical sense, Karkat sees the guys, jawdrop suddenly bucket (so vulgar :yuk:)... most likely in the face *bonk* O.O

Selrahc
2011-12-17, 07:41 PM
Although Jade is "merely" semipotent she is more potent than other First Guardians seen, what with her ability to make sprite constructs.

We haven't seen her make anything. This is all stuff from the various planets, that she is enlarging for use.

Lateral
2011-12-17, 07:57 PM
That makes the most logical sense, Karkat sees the guys, jawdrop suddenly bucket (so vulgar :yuk:)... most likely in the face *bonk* O.O

But, if he is seeing the bucket, that means that it's two-way in regards to light. If that's true, it logically would be two-way in regards to matter, unless Hussie gives an explanation. If it's two-way, John could go through and come back.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-17, 08:03 PM
I'm glad Hussie changed the vernacular from omnipotent to semipotent! Now the reason Jack didn't instantly kill Rose and Vriska who isn't best troll D: is abunduntly clear!

EEEEEE I love John and Karkat but not together! and seeing them quasi-interacting is awesome.

C-c-carapace people! My favorite race in all of homestuck! Look at them, alive! WOOOOOO!

irenicObserver
2011-12-17, 08:54 PM
We haven't seen her make anything. This is all stuff from the various planets, that she is enlarging for use.
I never said she did but this is the most logical thing she has given that she does not appear ghostly and knowledge of the game would be pretty moot at this point.

But, if he is seeing the bucket, that means that it's two-way in regards to light. If that's true, it logically would be two-way in regards to matter, unless Hussie gives an explanation. If it's two-way, John could go through and come back.

You misunderstand me, Karkat is seeing Sollux, Aradia and the others when suddenly a bucket pops up right in his face.

Derjuin
2011-12-18, 02:07 AM
You misunderstand me, Karkat is seeing Sollux, Aradia and the others when suddenly a bucket pops up right in his face.

With a human Armageddon movie poster in it, no less :smalltongue:. Davesprite's comment at the end makes it all the funnier, I dunno why.

irenicObserver
2011-12-18, 11:00 AM
So it seems we are going for a seperation arc (it's so obvious i don't know why i mention it)

Do God Tier players have the ability to fly by themselves? I mean, just to clarify I thought it was just trolls since they gain wings but that's just a part of their costume. Also why does everywhere I look say that they gain telepathy? where did that come from?

Bad Situation
2011-12-18, 12:01 PM
Do God Tier players have the ability to fly by themselves? I mean, just to clarify I thought it was just trolls since they gain wings but that's just a part of their costume. Also why does everywhere I look say that they gain telepathy? where did that come from?

The Trolls only get wings because their civilization views wings as an actualized version of perfection. The humans don't hold this view of insectoid transcendence, or anything similar so they just the outfit and the powers. I'm pretty sure all godtiers are capable of self sustained flight, but I would imagine some of them being better or faster than the others.

Ayyhh yeah, Homestuck speed tiers.

Mono Vertigo
2011-12-18, 01:05 PM
Also why does everywhere I look say that they gain telepathy? where did that come from?
http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006194
More exactly that bit: "[John and Jade, then later Rose and Dave] each receive the badge GIFT OF GAB, enabling [them] to engage in simple, direct dialogue with others, without requiring any gimmicks to facilitate communication."
If that's not telepathy (and if my interpretation is correct), then it is still functionally identical to telepathy.

Radar
2011-12-18, 01:23 PM
More exactly that bit: "[John and Jade, then later Rose and Dave] each receive the badge GIFT OF GAB, enabling [them] to engage in simple, direct dialogue with others, without requiring any gimmicks to facilitate communication."
If that's not telepathy (and if my interpretation is correct), then it is still functionally identical to telepathy.
Umm... no, it's just an ability to regularly talk to another person without weird speach patterns and resorting to internet chats or interactive flash mini-games. Keep in mind, that there was no normal conversations between the kids before.

BRC
2011-12-18, 01:30 PM

It's just Hussie lampshading how, so far, we have never seen characters just talk to each other in-comic without it being filtered through some sort of gimmick.

Mono Vertigo
2011-12-18, 01:41 PM
Alright, my bad.
... but then where does the telepathy thing comes from? Does it have a basis in canon? :smallconfused:

BRC
2011-12-18, 01:41 PM
Alright, my bad.
... but then where does the telepathy thing comes from? Does it have a basis in canon? :smallconfused:
What telepathy thing? I have never seen telepathy mentioned?

Radar
2011-12-18, 02:01 PM
Alright, my bad.
The closest thing we had was Vriska's mind control and Tavros's ability to commune with animals, monsters and the like. Terazi's lusus might have had a similar ability as well, if we consider the situation, where she lost her sight.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-18, 02:16 PM
Irrelivent to recent updates: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Ybn-wUT9s&feature=g-vrec&context=G2914762RVAAAAAAAAAQ)

edit: And so is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4p1q6b63cE&feature=related)

Bad Situation
2011-12-18, 03:31 PM
Alright, my bad.

I think you are mistaken.

Lateral
2011-12-18, 09:20 PM
And so is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4p1q6b63cE&feature=related)
You just made my day.

Incidentally, while looking at the first video, I found this, too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1mF8AqandI&feature=related)

memnarch
2011-12-18, 09:47 PM
Of course, that would be the first bit of dialog that Karkat says.:smallbiggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-18, 10:04 PM
Kanaya is totally oggling Rose.

And Gamzee is oggling Dave.

irenicObserver
2011-12-18, 10:22 PM
You'd think so but...

Umm... no, it's just an ability to regularly talk to another person without weird speach patterns and resorting to internet chats or interactive flash mini-games. Keep in mind, that there was no normal conversations between the kids before.

This, I was just asking because sites like tvtropes and mspa wiki are saying they gained telepathy when it's clearly that.

Anarion
2011-12-18, 10:47 PM
Hussie did another set of answers on his Tumblr. I'll copy-paste his reply about gift of gab. The rest is here: http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/14210746202/mad-answerins

"The achievement badge only upgraded their ability to speak to each other as presented through the comic. I.e. it permitted them to speak to each other… WHILE WE WATCH! Do you think all the trolls were hanging out together, not talking at all? Or Dave and Jade were doing all that frog hunting without a single peep?? That’s ridiculous.

On the other hand, abstraction weaves itself through the Homestuck reality, and it can be hard to pin down where abstraction is to be taken literally. The truth is, there is not much distinction between the layers of abstraction and the reality they are meant to stand for. John was both literally named on his 13th birthday, and not quite, because that’s silly. The guardians are both literally silent automatons, and not really, as there is indication through allusion they function as normal people too. And the kids went through a huge adventure, achieved immortal god status, and even then had to gain a few more levels just to gain the achievement of simple dialogue as a literal upgrade, as well as not literally, because that makes no sense. The reality is inseparable from the way the story is presented and the way the “game” is played. But those abstractions are also a facade for a more life-like reality beneath it as well."

So yes, apparently it only affected them being able to talk on-screen and doesn't have anything to do with telepathy.

Lateral
2011-12-18, 11:38 PM
Of course, that would be the first bit of dialog that Karkat says.:smallbiggrin:
'Course.

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/14210746202/mad-answerins
-snipquote-

Oh, Hussie.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-19, 01:28 AM
Hooray!

Gamzee is back to normal again!

honk

HONK

Madmal
2011-12-19, 08:18 AM
So they meet up, and first thing in business is a corpse party? Awesome. As well as Terezi and Dave's dialoge.

So refreshing to see Karkat rage again.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-19, 09:03 AM
Heyya, guys!

First off, excitement! Conversations!

Second off, new avatar! Related to MSPA!

Hooray!

Lix Lorn
2011-12-19, 10:03 AM
Kanaya is totally oggling Rose.

And Gamzee is oggling Dave.
Nonono. Rose is ogling KANAYA. :smalltongue:

Hooray!

Gamzee is back to normal again!

honk

HONK
That's not normal. It's sober. And it's TERRIFYING. :smalleek:

RebelRogue
2011-12-19, 11:10 AM
Gamzee is a good moirail.

Barefoot Monkey
2011-12-19, 03:05 PM
Terezi ogles whomever she wants whenever she wants, and nobody is the wiser. That's why she always has that grin.

(of course, she's totally ogling Dave)

edit: Actually, sometimes they are the wiser (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=040.jpg)

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-19, 03:07 PM
Nonono. Rose is ogling KANAYA. :smalltongue:

She's not even LOOKING at her!

BRC
2011-12-19, 03:08 PM

She's also a god-tier Seer. do you think something as small as the direction she is looking indicates what she is seeing?

Barefoot Monkey
2011-12-19, 03:10 PM

Seer powers

BRC
2011-12-19, 03:15 PM
Seer powers

Think about it.
Rose is the SEER of LIGHT
Seer as in One who Sees.

Kanaya is glowing.

2+2=Oggle.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-19, 03:26 PM
Look! (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/04349.gif)
She is totally staring at dat ass.

Barefoot Monkey
2011-12-19, 04:01 PM

dufe, are you SCOPING this bipches CHOICE ASS.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-19, 04:07 PM

Nah, man! Kanaya and Rose are totally not clicking. John♥Rose is where it's at.

My avatar is a Spades Slick pony. My words carry weight.

Lateral
2011-12-19, 04:22 PM
That's not normal. It's sober. And it's TERRIFYING. :smalleek:

Yeah. I think calm sober Gamzee is scarier than batnuts sober Gamzee- you know it won't take much to push him over the edge, and that's scarier than his actual rampage.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-12-19, 05:02 PM

Kanaya and Rose have always had the clicking. They were clicking before clicking was even a thing.

And they totally took turns oggling eachother.

Also, hi guys. For those of you who haven't been subject to my constant Facebook barrage of "Rabbit Reads Homestuck", I just got into and read all the way through in two and a half weeks.
(Actually, I'm not caught up, but Tumblr keeps posting screen shots of Kanaya and Rose giving eachother the eye, sooo)

memnarch
2011-12-19, 05:52 PM

They did til you were a pony. :smalltongue:

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-19, 06:42 PM
Kanaya and Rose have always had the clicking. They were clicking before clicking was even a thing.

Also, hi guys. For those of you who haven't been subject to my constant Facebook barrage of "Rabbit Reads Homestuck", I just got into and read all the way through in two and a half weeks.
(Actually, I'm not caught up, but Tumblr keeps posting screen shots of Kanaya and Rose giving eachother the eye, sooo)
Welcome! Uh, spoilers, but it's nice to meet you!

They did til you were a pony. :smalltongue:
...Quite.

Pssst. Lixie. I was just kidding. You're cool.

Anarion
2011-12-19, 09:10 PM

Hmm, so you're both concentrated destructive hatred and concentrated loving friendship. Does that cancel out to neutrality, are you still kind and friendly, or should I be worried that by attracting your attention with this post I risk a severe knifing?

Nice avatar by the way. :smallcool:

You're making pretty good time. Are you still sleeping though? I don't know if it's a true dedicated homestuck binge if you're still sleeping. Please for the love of gog don't stop sleeping because I told you to.
How about Kanaya and Rose for the diamond quadrant and John and Rose for the heart quadrant? Instead of being a meddler, Kanaya could keep Rose's more dangerous tendencies in check through a direct relationship. No third party to get annoyed at the meddling.

Lateral
2011-12-19, 10:04 PM

Cool! How far in have you gotten?

...Ah, the first archive binge. I'm actually in the middle of my third right now.

Bad Situation
2011-12-19, 11:00 PM
I think Karkat is severely overestimating Jack at this point. He's no pushover, but with 3-5 godtiers fighting him the plan really does boil down to regrouping and taking him out.

Here's how I imagine the fight will turn out. (http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/31233?search=Dave_Strider)

irenicObserver
2011-12-19, 11:37 PM
at some point in Homestuck there is going to be a pile of all the dismembered arms and eyes of characters, calling it now

Seconded:P

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-20, 03:40 PM
Hmm, so you're both concentrated destructive hatred and concentrated loving friendship. Does that cancel out to neutrality, are you still kind and friendly, or should I be worried that by attracting your attention with this post I risk a severe knifing?

Nice avatar by the way. :smallcool:

Er, I just like The Midnight Crew and ponies! I'm about as deep as a cup of water. And thanks! I should add Derjuin's name to my sig...

You're making pretty good time. Are you still sleeping though? I don't know if it's a true dedicated homestuck binge if you're still sleeping. Please for the love of gog don't stop sleeping because I told you to.
How about Kanaya and Rose for the diamond quadrant and John and Rose for the heart quadrant? Instead of being a meddler, Kanaya could keep Rose's more dangerous tendencies in check through a direct relationship. No third party to get annoyed at the meddling.

That sounds good to me!

Bad Situation
2011-12-20, 06:51 PM
ROSE: How do you know your talents won't be critical in blazing this auspicious trail?
TEREZI: UM
TEREZI: 1 GU3SS 1 DONT
ROSE: That's because you're not me.

You win Rose. You just win.

Lateral
2011-12-20, 06:52 PM
Sweet. I think I like god tier Rose. It makes her even more badass.

Anarion
2011-12-20, 07:21 PM
You win Rose. You just win.

Sweet. I think I like god tier Rose. It makes her even more badass.

See, now I'm torn between how utterly awesome Rose is now and how utterly insufferable she's apparently become. That said

KARKAT:WAS IT LIKE TWO WEEKS OR SOMETHING?
ROSE: Yes, two.
ROSE: And then fifty more.

had me laughing pretty hard.

Derjuin
2011-12-20, 07:31 PM
If, on the spot, she whips up another poem about plush puppet rump (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002511), I think I'll be inclined to like her again. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2011-12-20, 08:28 PM
I'm just barely into the Sixth Act. I have a hard time adjusting to narrative changes and what seems to be a whole new cast =/

Welcome! Uh, spoilers, but it's nice to meet you!
Spoilers. All the spoilers.
I had the whole thing spoiled for me before I even got very far in. I'd have a friend pop up and be all "So, you're reading Homestuck now? Has [THIS CHARACTER] done [THIS] already?"
Gamzee was probably the worst. I posted on facebook about how adorable he was and a fellow playgrounder was like "WAIT TIL HE DOES [THIS]" :smallfrown:

Lateral
2011-12-20, 08:35 PM
I'm just barely into the Sixth Act. I have a hard time adjusting to narrative changes and what seems to be a whole new cast =/
Y'know, I had that exact problem. I still haven't completely read all of the dialogue between Jane, Jack, Strider, and Lalonde.

Spoilers. All the spoilers.
I had the whole thing spoiled for me before I even got very far in. I'd have a friend pop up and be all "So, you're reading Homestuck now? Has [THIS CHARACTER] done [THIS] already?"
Gamzee was probably the worst. I posted on facebook about how adorable he was and a fellow playgrounder was like "WAIT TIL HE DOES [THIS]" :smallfrown:
Oh, yeah? Did you hear that Lord English is actually John after he flips out, kills Hussie, and steals his Cairo overcoat? 'Cause that's totally going to happen.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-20, 08:51 PM
Gamzee has ruined the word honk for me.
Seriously.
If someone posts
honk
HONK
in a chat with me it actually seriously freaks me out. ._.

Anarion
2011-12-20, 08:54 PM
Y'know, I had that exact problem. I still haven't completely read all of the dialogue between Jane, Jack, Strider, and Lalonde.

You should read it, it's pretty good. We get random hints of the kids in their roles as guardians, Lalonde is a total drunk and her every word is epic, and Jane's tone is pretty cute in general. Strider I can't quite get a read on yet, and I dislike Jake.

Best line (spoiled due to mild profanity)

TG: and was like **** yes i ALL KINDS of know how to use my web browser to download serveral files

Oh, yeah? Did you hear that Lord English is actually John after he flips out, kills Hussie, and steals his Cairo overcoat? 'Cause that's totally going to happen.

So mean. And yet, so possibly accurate.

Edit:
Gamzee has ruined the word honk for me.
Seriously.
If someone posts
honk
HONK
in a chat with me it actually seriously freaks me out. ._.

I'm so tempted to try this on you somehow, somewhere, you have no idea. Just be aware when you least expect it, this might happen.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-20, 09:02 PM
I'm so tempted to try this on you somehow, somewhere, you have no idea. Just be aware when you least expect it, this might happen.
Do you have to? I'm totally serious. I mean, all it'll do is make me go ._.

Fawkes
2011-12-20, 10:08 PM
honk

HONK

Anarion
2011-12-20, 10:38 PM
honk

HONK

I swear to gog I did not put anyone up to this!

Lateral
2011-12-20, 11:03 PM
Well, obviously it freaks you out. Hell, it freaks me out, too.

You should read it, it's pretty good. We get random hints of the kids in their roles as guardians, Lalonde is a total drunk and her every word is epic, and Jane's tone is pretty cute in general. Strider I can't quite get a read on yet, and I dislike Jake.

Best line (spoiled due to mild profanity)

TG: and was like **** yes i ALL KINDS of know how to use my web browser to download serveral files
I read through it, just not very carefully. I saw that line.

So mean. And yet, so possibly accurate.
I know, that's what scares me the most. :smalleek:

honk

HONK
I swear to gog I did not put anyone up to this!
SW33T TRO11 J3GUS. >:]

Bad Situation
2011-12-20, 11:41 PM
What I imagine the three year trip will be like. (http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/31549)

Shogo
2011-12-21, 02:13 AM
Well . . . At least after 3 years everyone will be 16. That's like, a super common age of consent.

So all that Rule 34 will be slightly less creepy. (Only slightly.)

Because seriously. Far too many people want to do perverted things to those children.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-21, 03:04 AM
ROSE: It's just that with the clarity afforded by my new abilities, it occurred to me just now that dead horse was likely the beautiful pet pony my mother gave me recently.
ROSE: It was crushed to death by your newborn ass.
ROSE: You bastard.

Rose...

Rose i love you...

Never change Rose.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-21, 03:31 AM
Oh dear gog, please don't do anything bad, Gamzee.

Wolfman42666
2011-12-21, 05:34 AM
I kinda think hes going to do a nice funeral thing, it is what Aradia was talking about.
I really hope its not something bad

CrimsonAngel
2011-12-21, 10:14 AM
Maybe those tubes bring people back to life......... maybe...

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-21, 10:42 AM
Do you have to? I'm totally serious. I mean, all it'll do is make me go ._.

honk

HONK
*Hugs Lix Lorn so she won't run?*

Oh dear gog, please don't do anything bad, Gamzee.

I think I know what he's up to, Shadow.

(Warning! Blood! And language!)
http://ib.skaia.net/image/31570.png

Friv
2011-12-21, 10:46 AM
There's a little part of me that hopes that Gamzee's about to Godtier up all of the dead trolls, or at least a couple of them, but he's probably just being creepy. If he did, it would certainly explain why all that murder-stuff had to happen.

Gez
2011-12-21, 11:11 AM
There's a little part of me that hopes that Gamzee's about to Godtier up all of the dead trolls

On the one hand, it seems almost logical.

On the other, Hussie has said time and again that most of the trolls were "narratively irrelevant".

I'm not exactly expecting the dead trolls from coming back to life, at least before the epilogue; but if it happens it won't really surprise me.

And yeah, if there are 20 god tiers and Prototyped Monarch against Jack Noir, it'll be a piece of cake for the alpha kids, the beta kids, the trolls and the avenging carapaced angel. So much that it'd kinda make sense shifting the Big Boss status to Lord English.

irenicObserver
2011-12-21, 12:12 PM
Gez that's nothing close to logical sense their are not any quest cocoons on that meteor.

Based on what Aradia said GodTier Karkat would have used blood as a weapon (somehow?).

Lix Lorn
2011-12-21, 12:48 PM
honk

HONK
why would you do that
Comic Sans is banned by the Geneva Convention.
You monster.

LIXIE used PEDANTRY DEFLECTION!
LIXIE took no damage!

Derjuin
2011-12-21, 04:46 PM
Kanaya is being looks like she might be awesome again, yay! She has reclimbed Derjuin's trollladder to horizontal climbing rod #2.

Lateral
2011-12-21, 06:05 PM
Hey, does anyone have more of a grip on the timeline than me?

In this memo, (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=6&p=005261) Gamzee comes in at the end. Is he coming in AFTER he's done flipping out, or before?

some guy
2011-12-21, 06:32 PM
I don't know what it means, but I'm pretty sure it means something, but last night my cellphone's clock stopped working at 03:14. It still stuck at that time.

AgentPaper
2011-12-21, 06:50 PM
Hey, does anyone have more of a grip on the timeline than me?

In this memo, (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/index.php?s=6&p=005261) Gamzee comes in at the end. Is he coming in AFTER he's done flipping out, or before?

Unless he starts flipping out again, that's got to be pre-shush, just from the way he's talking. (lower UPPER instead of lOwEr UpPeR)

Lateral
2011-12-21, 07:18 PM
Unless he starts flipping out again, that's got to be pre-shush, just from the way he's talking. (lower UPPER instead of lOwEr UpPeR)

No, but after the shoosh, HE keeps TALKING like THIS.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-21, 08:57 PM
HUUURP best update!

Seriously. Best. Update.

I... just wanted to say that. 'Twas the best update.

Bad Situation
2011-12-21, 09:35 PM
Bucket: Descend.

RebelRogue
2011-12-21, 09:47 PM
This is incredibly silly (and incredibly funny :smallbiggrin: )

irenicObserver
2011-12-21, 10:55 PM
So who called it? It's so obvious you don't even need to answer/smug self-satisfaction

Anarion
2011-12-22, 12:11 AM
No, but after the shoosh, HE keeps TALKING like THIS.

It's 42 minutes into Karkat's future, so it's after Gamzee has gone crazy for sure. The question is whether Karkat wandered around for 42 minutes before meeting everyone on the rooftop and calming Gamzee. My guess is no. I think that Gamzee there is the one that had calmed down and was typing on his computer with Cal (in green felt costume) at his side right before the critical moment. In which case Gamzee referring to meeting friends would actually be meeting up with the humans, rather than all the trolls gathering on the roof.

Friv
2011-12-22, 09:03 AM
It's 42 minutes into Karkat's future, so it's after Gamzee has gone crazy for sure. The question is whether Karkat wandered around for 42 minutes before meeting everyone on the rooftop and calming Gamzee. My guess is no. I think that Gamzee there is the one that had calmed down and was typing on his computer with Cal (in green felt costume) at his side right before the critical moment. In which case Gamzee referring to meeting friends would actually be meeting up with the humans, rather than all the trolls gathering on the roof.

I would guess the opposite; Gamzee in that update seems pretty deliberately provocative, and there was certainly enough stuff going on between Karket's memo and the Critical Moment for 42 minutes to have passed.

I always assumed his part of the memo takes place after he's set up the complex trap for Terezi, and just before the 5x Showdown Combo.

Claudius Maximus
2011-12-22, 01:51 PM
I'll just leave this here. (http://devastis.deviantart.com/art/Karkat-Receive-Bucket-275189152)