PDA

View Full Version : The Tides are Turning IC

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-18, 08:20 PM
Both of you end up in a small town by the name of Salot. It is located on the coast of a large ocean, and they generally worship the god Pelor. Currently it is about late spring and is sunny. The country that Salot is located is currently ruled by Human king Theras. The country’s name is Eulasi and is predominantly human populated, but recently there have been an increasing number of Dwarves immigrating. Eulasi is governed by a king/queen , and has many different land barons in charge of different sections of the country. Salot’s main resource is fish, and lumber from the nearby forests.

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-18, 09:08 PM
Joseph squints and glances up at the sun overhead, shielding his eyes with his hand and wiping a thin layer of sweat off of his brow. He adjusts the belt, holding half a dozen scrolls and various other instruments, up a bit on his slender frame and keeps his cloak held back, trailing slowly behind him. He wears a small beret, a remnant of his years spent at the academy, that droops over the left side of his head, a white feather atop it blowing in the wind. The beret tries to futilely tame a head of wild black hair, but mostly fails, and Joseph occasionally wipes a few wayward strands out of his eyes.

"Why do they have to make all these accursed cities so far apart?" He complains aloud, shifting the heavy satchel at his side. "Ugh."

"I swear my talent has been wasted more out here than back at Anchorpoint...." he trails off.

He glances around him, surveying the local terrain and looking particularly for any nearby locals or travelers.What is the local terrain like? Forest? Plains? Hills? How far away is the local forest? Nearly adjacent or a mile or two or more? How big is the town? Does it have a wall? What is the geography like? What is the coastline like?

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-18, 11:40 PM
Currently you are on a road leading into town from the west.

Map (http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2372/salot.jpg)

it's about .3 miles from the edge of the forest to the closest part of the wall

Drinzor
2011-08-19, 09:46 AM
Looking at the say Jonathan smiled for him self, he was finally out of the gard, he could do whatever he felt like, including wandering the world to see what he had not seen yet, the small town in front of him did not look impressive nor did it look like a good place to find a steady job.

"Why do they have to make all these accursed cities so far apart?"

"Ugh."

"I swear my talent has been wasted more out here than back at Anchorpoint...." he trails off.

Jonathan looked at his traveling partner, it was maybe the first time he had said something for over a day he did not talk much and he did not seem to be a person there cared much for other people, but walking two people instead of one was always better.

the roads was never completely safe. moving in his fullplate was something jonathan was use to, but for a hole day is harder then most people think, right now he was mostly thinking about a bath and a beer, he looked at the guy and said

"We are not far away from the village, its like 30minutes more walk"

Jonathan began to walk again, there small break was over, he wanted to get to the village before nightfall

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-19, 11:08 AM
"Good," Joseph sighed. "I think if I walked another mile my legs would fall off."

It was times like this that Joseph had wished he had copied some sort of transportation spell. He had once seen a peer conjure a mount to ride on; Rory was an idiot anyway, so the spell couldn't have possibly been that hard to master, maybe he would search for a scroll of it somewhere to memorize.

Joseph glanced over at his companion.

"So what brings you to Salot?" he asks, finally deciding to make conversation beyond a few words.

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-23, 02:40 PM
Joseph conversed with his companion until they reached the edge of Salot, where Joseph began looking for an Inn or Tavern (but nothing too shabby, Joseph did have standards) to rest at and formulate a plan for this particular city.

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-23, 04:43 PM
You find a tavern (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs13/f/2007/055/9/0/Tavern_Concept_Drawing_by_Lorti88.jpg) named "The Drunken Ogre"

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-23, 07:57 PM
Joseph passes underneath the sign and into the 'Drunken Ogre', finding a table near a corner and signaling for a barmaid.

"Two glasses of your finest wine for my friend and I," he told the barmaid as she arrived at the table.

As she went to retrieve the beverages, Joseph surveyed the crowd, looking for interesting individuals and trying to overhear conversations.Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11705089&postcount=43)

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-23, 09:57 PM
You do not see anything interesting, but you do overhear some people taking about a large boat that recently docked.

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-23, 11:20 PM
Joseph's ears overhead mention of a large ship. Ship's brought many things into port, fish, goods, and gold. Something Joseph would need more of if he were to finance his studies. He continued to listen in on the conversation about the ship, then finished his cup.

"Excuse me, just bring the rest of the bottle," he told the barmaid, motioning to his empty cup. "And you must hear a lot of chatter, have you happened to hear anything about a large ship pulling into port?"

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-23, 11:28 PM
"I'll bring that to you right away, and about the boat, it docked a couple of days ago from some place far away. If you want to find out more, why don't you go over to those fellas over there (she points to the two people you heard about the boat from), they know much more than me." she then goes off into the bar to get the wine, and take more orders.

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-24, 12:51 PM
Joseph pours himself another glass and takes a sip, then stands and walks over to the men's table.

"Excuse me there fellows," he says, leaning off an empty chair toward the table. "But I couldn't help noticing you talking about a ship that just pulled into port. I am a merchant of sorts and I was wondering what you could tell me about that ship."

He pauses, then signals to the barmaid. "A round of drinks for me and my friends here!"

"I can make it worth your while," he says to the group, flashing his coin purse from within his robes.

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-28, 07:12 AM
The two people look to each other, nod, then one speaks "Well, as far as we know, that ship came from a far-away island, with some type of adventuring party on it. And a bit after it docked, the people went into the town hall, and haven't come out yet, so far it's been about 6 hours since they went in there" After they finished talking, the barmaid came over with the drinks, said "Here ya go", and then left again

Nathan The Lame
2011-08-29, 01:33 PM
"Hmm, interesting," Joseph said, tossed 10 gold pieces on the table and enough to cover the drinks and left without touching his ale. He went back to his table and picked up his glass of wine and finished it without sitting down. He stopped up the bottle of wine and left enough gold on the table to cover his tab, exchanged a few words with Jonathan, then grabbed the bottle of wine and left.

Once he was out on the street, he headed out toward the town hall, interested in what he might find there.

MichaelJCaboose
2011-08-31, 04:22 PM
Joseph arrives at the town hall, and is greeted by two guards at the front door one says "Who goes there, and what is your business here?"

Nathan The Lame
2011-09-01, 03:11 PM
"Information good Sirs," Joseph replied. "And my name is Joseph."

"I represent a merchant of some report," he continued. "And he has a great deal of interest in the party of persons that departed the large ship currently harbored in this town. Last I have heard they entered into this hall and any information you could give me on them would be greatly appreciated."

As he speaks, Joseph pulls a handful of gold coins from his pocket.

Bluff [roll0]

MichaelJCaboose
2011-09-04, 05:28 PM
"We need not your coin, fine sir. You may speak to them yourself if you wish. They are inside here" he points inside the town hall "The hallway to your left, third door on your right"