PDA

View Full Version : Tristalt: Good Team IC

Lither
2011-08-19, 02:34 AM
The area around you is mostly solid rock, with a few patches of dead earth. It's a flat plain that can be seen for miles around.

You are outside the northern gates of Eristifal. It is a few hours after dawn. The city appears still sleepy, with only a few guards visible patrolling on the walls. The gates themselves are open and two guards are leaning casually against the wall, watching the down drawbridge. Eristifal's moat is giving off the distinctive smell of being the city's sewerage dumping ground.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-19, 03:18 AM
Arthur rides up to the gates atop his mighty steed, gazing up the walls. "Magnificent. Truly magnificent." He was excited to investigate the city and discover the new and interesting people within, as well as pray at the temple. He had been traveling for a long time, and while solitary prayer was good, making an offering at the temple was something every devout follower should do from time to time.

Trinity shook his head and whinnied with distaste. Arthur stroked his mane gently. "I know it doesn't smell very good now, but once we get inside, you won't be able to smell anything. Come on." He urged the horse towards the gate and approached the guardsmen.

"What ho, friends? May I enter the fine city at this time, or is there any sort of formality that I must complete first?" Arthur asked politely, giving the men a friendly smile and a slight bow of his head in deference to their position.

Lither
2011-08-19, 03:54 AM
One guard makes a half hearted attempt to bring himself to attention. As he opens his mouth, you see his eyes are dull and his mind appears to be off wandering somewhere else.

"No, sir" The guard begins, his spear waving around like a tree in a hurricane, "Not for most people. Only if you want to set up a shop here or become a permanent citizen. Then you need to talk to the Captain of the Watch."

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 04:51 AM
Zara walked towards the city,her blonde hair fluttering in the wind. As she edged closer she began to smell the moat. "Eh, oh mercy, that is fouler than anything I've ever smells." Below the human walked a large dog. In our world the dog would be called a siberian husky. He had dirty grey hair except on his face which was white, with streaks of black. The dog began to whine as he smelled the moat. "I know boy, I don't like the smell any more than you," Zara said petting her animal companion. Zara finally reached the draw bridge she asked the guards, "May I enter?" The entire time, she was thinking, Jeez, how can you stand this smell.

userpay
2011-08-19, 10:33 AM
There were times when Geden was glad for what has happened to his body and while it might seem petty this was one of them as he watches others become sicked by the sewer stench. Tempted as he was to just fly over the guards and not deal with them that would likely lead to him being hunted down. As Geden approaches the guards his wings flutter into a half open state. "Good morrow sirs..." He eyes their lackluster stance. "Perhaps you can direct me to the Capitan of the Guard? I believe I've some business to conduct with him."

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-19, 12:06 PM
Arthur nodded. "Thank you very much. Well then, if you'll excuse me," he urged Trinity onward and the horse rode into the city walls. Arthur marched through the streets, looking around.

Can't really describe anything else without Lither, so I'll wait. Sorry for the short.

John Cribati
2011-08-19, 12:26 PM
Tobias could barely stand the smell. And he didn't want to open his mouth, lest he be further assaulted by the sewage in the air. When the guards asked him about his business here, he dug out the letter and shoved it in their faces.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-19, 02:24 PM
Even after six years away from the desert Rae still couldn't understand cities. Especially walled ones. How could anyone possibly be content surrounded by all that stone? It had to be terribly cramped. If it had just been human's and dwarves, Rae could have waved it off as their typical nonsense, but some of her people lived there! She knew that most of her kin lived in forests, but most of them weren't anymore constrained than her clan had been. It was madness!

Rae sighed, there wasn't anything she could do about it other than merely avoid the place, and that wasn't an option now. She had received a letter from the royal family calling her here and she planned to scream in his pompous face for the insult until he apologized, her people certainly didn't answer to him.

They might be able to come to a compromise though. Riches meant very little to her, but Rae knew that power could be. He would have connections and allies, he might very well be able to find a clue about the Misty Isle, and Rae did care about that.

So Rae sauntered over, apprehensive about the city or not, annoyed with it's leader or not, she could still use him. She would endure far more than this for a chance at a hint for the land Gruumsh stole.

"I have business with your king." Rae declared as she pulled down her hood. "He has some explaining to do, and I'm very much in the mood to hear it." Rae lifted her nose slightly in the air, sniffing at the fumes coming from the moat. "As does whoever is in charge of sanitation, this place reeks."

Just another complaint for His Majesty.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-19, 06:45 PM
Azelia laid quietly on the bedding inside her carriage reading a book when she felt the vehicle slow to a crawl. Wondering what was the cause, she slid the book back into a small shelf and opened the small door leading to the drivers seat to sit down next to her Servant and Apprentice Terisa who was driving. Her Shikigami was in its inactive form: A small floating black cat. Yoma she called her, was playing in the back with her familiar- a male white cat named Amoy, who tackled Yoma only to have the black cat phase out and Amoy tumbled through her. Sitting back up it shook its head and left in a huff to exit with Azelia to sit in her lap.

Azelia could see the reason they slowed, they were approaching the gate to they're new stop. Eristifal stood before them, there was a blockage it seemed though; two girls, a warforged and an irate man were busy talking to the guards as a knight rode through.

"Should I see what the problem is?" Terisa asked her pulling out one of her Shurikunai.

"There shouldn't be a hold up, I was told this city is rather open without even a toll." Azelia replied. "Perhaps we should just ignore it and wait for them to pass" She added leaning back into the seat.

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 06:49 PM
As the carriage pulled up, Zara turned around. Seeing that it was drawn by animals, she walked over to it. She patted the horse ((I'm assuming it is horse-drawn)) without asking. "Hey buddy, how are you doing?" She asked the horse. ((again assuming it is a horse))

Cipher Stars
2011-08-19, 07:26 PM
One of the girls, the blonde, came up to her carriage and approached one Azelia's horses to stroke one, Reid. Her black horse made as Dier, the white horse, was taken back by the sudden affection from a stranger.
"Oh, do watch your fingers. He likes to bite, thinks its funny" Azelia commented on the scene.

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 07:32 PM
"Thank you for the warning." Zara moved over to the other horse and started to pat him. The husky sitting behind her whined as the druid patted the horse.

Lither
2011-08-19, 09:11 PM
Zara:
"Go on in," one of the guards replies, "Just don't cause any trouble or act suspicious. We've had a bit of trouble with visitors thinking they're above the law."

Geden:
The guards are obviously surprised to see someone looking like you, but it still isn't enough to make them act like professionals.

"The Captain of the Guard is in the keep just down the road," one says, pointing behind him, "Keep walking, and turn left after a bit. You'll know it when you see it." He pauses, "Oh, and if you are going to be working with the Guard at any time in the near future, avoid the Crystal Order. They have some funny ideas about who should be enforcing the laws."

Arthur:
You notice that hiding behind the gates are eight guards. They appear to be waiting in ambush. Hiding behind the merlons are many other soldiers holding crossbows.

Near you, you see one of the city's message boards. There appears to be a large number of notices on it. This area appears to contain a lot of civilian housing, with only a few shops selling basic goods.

Tobias:
On of the guards looks at the letter for a few moments before speaking, while the other one continues reading.

"Ah," he frowns, the contempt evident in his voice, "You're one of the ones the family sent for. Go on to the castle. Just down the main street."

Rae:

"Go on in," a guard chuckles at your remark about sanitation, "But if you have a complaint about their military tactics, they won't let you in."

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 09:19 PM
Zara finished patting the horse and turned towards the gate. "I would never dream of causing trouble. I am a kind soul. You will not be seeing me in a holding cell." Zara walked through the gates, into the city. She fines the nearest person and asks, "Where may I find the castle?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-19, 09:31 PM
Arthur frowned, not really approving of the guard's cowardly tactics, but having accepted that not every man would share his ideals, he turned his head away and wished them luck in their endeavor.

There seemed to be a notice board of sorts in the other direction. Curious, Arthur guided Trinity in a slow walk towards the board, scanning it, seeing if there were any locals who needed help. He kept his helmet drawn over his face, while wearing this armor it would be difficult for others to distinguish him, but he still didn't want to scare any kids who were walking by with his scaly appearance.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-19, 09:32 PM
"They're clearing up now" Terisa said.
"I see that. Nothings off then, Move us on."Azelia motioned forward and Terisa moved the horses onward, pulling Azelia's carriage slowly. If any of them lingered they'd just have to move to the side to continue messing with the guards.
"Have a good day" She called, and pulled out the letter she'd received sometime ago. Motioning it towards Terisa she nodded. They'd be going to the castle first before they visit with the locals.

userpay
2011-08-19, 09:41 PM
Geden looks down at the men for a moment longer then nods. "Straight ahead then left, got it." He goes to walk past the guards. "Lets just hope there won't be more added to the list of things I must speak to him about."

Lither
2011-08-19, 10:27 PM
Zara:
The nearest person happens to be a half-elf.

"Keep going down this street," she says, pointing for emphasis, " You'll come to it eventually."

Arthur:
The notices mostly describe what civilians are to do in the event of a siege and the latest military victories, however, there are a few interesting notices there.

RECENTLY LOST: Family heirlooms stolen recently. Reward offered. Speak to Peter Magnam at the Singing Donkey.

LOOKING FOR EXCITEMENT AND WEALTH? HAVE YOU ANY PRIOR COMBAT TRAINING? Contact Capt. Mitchelson in the Guard headquarters for details on how to take part in an exciting raid of a nearby abandoned fortress!

Azelia:

Moving through the city, you see a subdued environment. No children are playing in the streets, people seem hurried to go about their buisness. Eventually, you arrive before the Castle.

The Castle's walls hang the national flag, a red flag with three white stripes running down it and a gold helmet in the foreground. The gates are closed and eight guards stand at attention, four on either side. They don't look relaxed like the ones at the gates. They appear to be more serious veterans, as many of them sport scars. Even at this relatively early hour, the walls are fully manned with soldiers sporting heavy crossbows and they look like they've had much practice in their usage. Several of them are pointed at you as the guards wait to see what you will do.

Geden:

Arriving at the castle, you see a carriage has arrived before you. At the gate, several guards appear expectant, and there are a few crossbows pointed at you.

Sparrow
2011-08-19, 10:28 PM
Zara thanks the half-elf and hands them 1 gp. Then, she proceeds down the road, hopefully reaching the castle, within the next few hours.

John Cribati
2011-08-19, 10:37 PM
((Sorry I'm a bit behind))

Tobias nods curtly and makes his way down the indicated path, taking a huge gasping breath as he leaves the area of stench.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-19, 10:37 PM
Passing the knight who entered ahead of her, who lingered around a bulletin, the city didn't seem to get any better as they pulled through the city's inner streets. It was terribly drab feeling. They found the castle though, Az was somewhat taken back at the sheer security around it and wondered if it connected with the lack of activity within the city. Were they expecting an attack of some sort? Was it connected to the letter she received?
"Hand them the letter." Azelia told Terisa, who took the letter from her hands and hopped down from the carriage to pass the letter to the guard she thought most probable to be one of authority. Meanwhile Yoma poked her head through the center of Azelia's chest looking around before floating up semi-solidifying to rub against her cheek.
"Hey there" She said as the ghost-cat settled down on her shoulder to watch Terisa commune with the guard.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-19, 11:05 PM
Arthur frowned. Both of the notices required his attentions, but it seemed that the raid was the more immediate problem. He sighed and turned his horse around, trotting over to the gateway. "Excuse me, gentlemen. I don't mean to disturb you again, but could you please point me in the direction of the Guard Headquarters? I need to speak with a Captain Michaelson about the upcoming raid."

Arthur took a last look at the board, mentally memorized its location, and vowed silently to return and attempt to help the poor civilians, regretting that he had to abandon their plight in the first place.

Lither
2011-08-20, 03:42 AM
Zara and Tobias:
You arrive at the castle at roughly the same time. There appears to be an irate human wearing exception amounts of armour, a cart, and a human with a dog. Crossbows point at you. The guards appear to be unusually edgy.

Azelia:
The guard you show the letter to wears finely-wrought armour emblazoned with several Celestial characters. His left eye is missing, and has been replaced with a blue glass orb. He takes a few moments to read the letter, and inspect the seal on the bottom with one of several on a piece of paper he pulls out from his cloak.

"All seems to be in order," He eventually states, "Move on through. There should be a page in the entrance hall to give you directions, ma'am."

He waves what appears to be a code to the soldiers pointing crossbows at you and they resume standing at attention, while the gate opens just enough for you to enter into the courtyard beyond.

Arthur:

One of the waiting guards looks at you. He looks and acts like a guard just after finishing his training.

"Sir, if you just continue down the road and turn left after five intersections, you'll reach it."

Sparrow
2011-08-20, 06:33 AM
Zara sees the crossbows and asks, "Could you please lower you weapons, no one needs to be shot today."

Diplomacy because I believe I need it:
[roll0]

Cipher Stars
2011-08-20, 07:34 AM
"Thank you" Terisa bows and returns to the drivers seat of the carriage to pull them through as others gather behind her. Terisa passes Azelia's letter back and she holds it to Yoma, who's mouth opened unnaturally wide to swallow the paper.
The tense guards let her through the gate, and they rode down the path leading to the castles entrance. Yoma settled onto place on Azelia's shoulder as she hopped down from the Carriage followed by Amoy.
"I don't know how long this will be, It might be best to leave the carriage as is until someone tells otherwise. Come in with me if you wish." Azeia told Terisa, who nodded and hopped down after her as Az casually touched a section of the carriage to activate her 'security' and a small hum filled the air for a moment in recognition.
Walking up the steps, a guard opened the door to the entry hall for her and she noticed the page she was told about.
"Yoma, give the kid the letter would you?" She said. The odd, disproportionate cat hovered over and the letter slid out of its mouth and into its cat-hands holding it out for the page.
"We're here to see this person. I was told you could direct me?"

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 08:15 AM
"Got it. I won't mention their tactics until after I get in." Rae replied. She smiled at the guard and walked into the city. The feeling of being closed off gave her the shivers.

Rae quickly scanned the announcement board, noting what was there and moving on. She was more interested in the military victories than the other information present, but Rae intended to speak with Peter Magnam if she had time. If he had posted something for the whole city to read, the man might very well need help.

Oh well. Rae thought, she had business with the king first. Rae quickly found the nearest respectable looking citizen and asked her where to find the palace and the Singing Donkey. Rae followed the woman's direction's to the former until she arrived at the palace just behind several other people.

The guards didn't exactly seem happy to see any of them. "So, is this what that guard meant about tactics? It seems more like an annoying welcoming company." Rae said. It was almost definitely loud enough for the guards in front to hear.

Lither
2011-08-20, 08:37 AM
Zara:

One soldier who appears the most senior gestures a few gestures and the crossbows pointing at you receed. He appears to wave you over.

Azelia:

The page looks startled for a moment, but she quickly recovers. Taking the letter with a noticable amount of hesitation, she takes a few moments to read it.

"Wait here a moment," she says, turning to run, "I'll have to notify them."

She leaves through another set of double doors in front of you, returning only ten minutes afterwards.

"The Most Noble Royal Family will see you now," she exclaims breathlessly, "Follow me!"

At that, she turns and, walking this time, moves towards the same double doors.

Rae:

One of the guards, wearing the triple chevrons of a sergeant, looks at you after that comment. He chuckles for a moment before speaking.

"No, that's not it. A bunch of people have been complaining about General Alexander's orders and tactics. They're unchivalrous, they said, they're unethical, they said. Maybey 70-80 people ended up in front of the gates protesting when the General stopped listening to complaints." At this he chuckles, "Well, right up until the General gave us the order to open fire. Never heard from 'em again."

Cipher Stars
2011-08-20, 08:42 AM
Azelia recalls Yoma, the disproportionate (http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13800000/Chibi-Cat-the-random-creatures-of-anime-13819883-94-120.jpg) cat locked itself once more into the space above her shoulder as Azelia followed the page through the doors to see the "Most Royal Family", Amoy at her heels sure she knew a thing or to on how to build a building, but she didn't pay much attention to politics and didn't know too much about the royals. She wouldn't have ever guessed them to call for her, so not picking up any information seemed perfectly alright. Until now that is. General mannerisms for someone of a higher station would have to do.

Sparrow
2011-08-20, 08:56 AM
Oh, the gloves are off now. Zara, shocked by what she was hearing, replied, trying to keep her cool, "I'm not liking this city much. It stinks, protesters are killed. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Those protesters didn't deserve death. I demand to speak with the king, now." Zara was now in a bad mood. She hated the idea of innocent people being massacred. She wasn't going to back down. She pulled out her letter, and showed it to the sergeant. "If you need reason, read this. Now, either bring me to "his majesty" or get out of my way." Zara moved forward, not waiting for the guard's response.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 09:11 AM
Sparrow's at my place right now, so we're alternating posting times.

Rae agreed with the human girl in front of her. If people were getting slaughtered in the streets something was very wrong. "I believe I have an appointment with your king as well. I would also like to see this General Alexander later. Rae's voice was low and deadly. It demanded the soldier's immediate compliance. "You can tell me about his tactics while we walk." Rae tossed her letter at his face. Anger was burning deep within her. There would be a far larger explanation needed Rae had originally believed. And if he couldn't answer her, well, her hands had started itching for her gun.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-20, 09:24 AM
Arthur nods and turns his steed in the right direction, following the guard's directions exactly until he reaches the guard headquarters. He approaches the entrance, tying Trinity up to whatever is available (a tree, stump, light pole, whatever) before entering and looking for Michaelson.

Lither
2011-08-20, 09:30 AM
Azelia:

You enter an opulent throne room! The ground is decorated with carpet coloured to look like the national flag, while the pillars are carved out of marble and display artistic designs in gold. The walls are lined with paintings of former rulers in various forms of artisctic styles, from Realism to Romanticism and even Cubism, which is particularly odd as the monarch in the picture probably isn't recognisable.

There are five people sitting on gem-encrusted thrones, a bearded man who is obviously the king sitting in the middle, one male prince, one queen and two princesses.

"So wonderful that you could join us," The king rumbles genially, "I hope you've enjoyed your stay in our humble city."

Zara and Rae:

The sergeant frowns for a moment, apparently annoyed at this new authority, before a malicious grin spreads across his face.

"The king knows. The king doesn't care. The General personally gave the orders that lead to the toppling of a rival empire a few months before the incident. After great success, a few civvie deaths are excusable, especially if the civvies are complaining about that campaign." Turning to Rae, he continues, "I'm afraid I also can't leave my post without permission, nor open the gate to anybody who appears a threat to the health and safety of the inhabitants. It's orders from the Lieu-"

"Enough," One other guard, wearing a single white line on his left shoulder interrupts the sergeant, "I'm correcting my previous order. Open the gate."

As the gate opens, he looks conspiratorially at the both of you, and whispers "I agree something must be done. I joined the Guard to protect the innocent, not shoot them. Go ask a page in the Great Hall if you want to see the Royal Family or the General."

Arthur:

Trinity is tied up inside the nearby stables.

Inside the Guard Keep, there are several pages running around with stacks of papers and sometimes weapons. There are only a few guards around, with the rest presumably on duty. There are several signs around, pointing to various locations such as the quartermaster and the sleeping area, including one pointing upstairs to the Captain's office.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-20, 09:40 AM
Azelia smirked as she gazed around the throne room. She'd have to come take notes for her own someday. She noticed Terisa holding herself straighter then normal, Az had always been trying to get her to hold herself better. Guess it took the presence of a gem encrusted throne to do the job.
"I haven't had the pleasure of staying in your city yet, King, I've only just arrived in reply to the letter I received." She gave a short curtsy and Terisa followed while Amoy and Yoma sat on they're hind legs on either side of her, Amoy dipping his head respectfully.

John Cribati
2011-08-20, 09:41 AM
Tobias follows Dark-skinned blonde along, not in the mood to talk. It would probably make things worse for him and everyone involved. He's mildly impressed by the throne room, but a bit miffed that the guys in charge could live like this, but the city itself could be in such disorder.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 09:51 AM
Rae nodded slowly to the Lieutenant and walked through the gate. She made sure to remember the face of the sergeant. She would meet him again. Preferably in a dark alley. She would remember the Lieutenant too, but for much different reasons. He would probably need protection.

Rae strode quickly towards the main hall and turned toward the human woman. Rae crossed her arms and spoke,"We should go to the king first. I have a feeling I might shoot the general, and we should talk to them both." She kept her voice low enough that only the woman beside her would hear.

userpay
2011-08-20, 09:59 AM
Geden watches the proceedings for a bit, and hearing some interesting information for his troubles. Shaking himself he moves in the wake of the others, pulling the letter from a slot in his armor and displaying it. "It seems that I am with them this day." He gives a nod of acknowledgment to the lieutenant and as he moves past the sergeant to catch up with the others he mutters. "Pray that after this we don't end up on opposite sides sergeant. You wouldn't like to see me 'open fire'."

Sparrow
2011-08-20, 10:01 AM
Zara followed the elf to the main hall. When she spoke, Zara replied, "I also believe that we should visit the king first. I don't like the general either, although I believe that prison time is better than killing him. No need for anymore death." Zara finished. Then she looked towards the page. "Shall we?" She motioned for the young woman to proceed.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 10:09 AM
"I doubt prison would hold someone that important, precious." Rae uncrossed her arms and gestured angrily toward the page. "Where is the throne room. We need to speak with him. Immediately."

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-20, 10:47 AM
Arthur heads upstairs to the Captain's quarters, knocks on the door if there is one, and announces, "Hello. My name is Arthur Pendragon, vassal of Bahamut. Captain Michaelson, if it wouldn't bother you too much, I'd like to join the raid on the local warehouse. I believe you would find my assistance most helpful."

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 07:18 PM
It might be a good idea to make a knowledge local check to see what's going on in this city. I probably should have done so earlier.

[roll0]

Lither
2011-08-20, 10:33 PM
Azelia:

"Oh, well," the king rumbles back, "You'll have plenty of time to."

For a moment, it looks like he's about to go off on a long-winded monologue about Eristifal, but the queen suddenly leans forward and cuts him off.

"I think you may be wondering why we called you here," her voice sounds like someone who takes regular singing lessons, "You see,"

She's cut off as someone else enters the throne room.

Azelia and Tobias:

The queen frowns for a moment, at Tobias' interruption, but appears to realise Tobias is another one sent.

"As I was saying, we called you because-"

Rae, Zara and Geden:

The page leads you three through the set of double doors, where you see the Royal Family lined up along with two other people.

"Yes?" the king rumbles, "Are you others we sent for? Odd that so many of you would turn up on the same day, if you are. If you're not, please leave."

Rae:

Rae only.

You remember reading that Eristifal has a great deal of civil unrest caused by its repeated invasions of other countries and their own ruthless tactics involved both in the invasions and the suppressing of any signs of rebellion. This has culminated in the formation of a new revolutionary group attempting to put themselves in power through peaceful means.

Arthur:

"Enter," A world-weary voice from inside calls. The door swings open of its own accord, and you can see clearly into the room. It is a small square room with a fire crackling in the right wall, and an ebony desk in the center. An Aasimar sits behind the desk, looking extremely tired and surrounded by mountains of paperwork, "Have you had any reasonable amount of combat training, or are you just another untrained mercenary waisting my time?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-20, 10:40 PM
Arthur nodded. "I am a certified cavalier after twenty years of rigorous combat training, as well as a paladin of Bahamut." He took off his helmet and showed his scaly, worn face to the captain. "Lord Bahamut has rewarded my courage with a gift of power as well. I am blessed by the dragons."

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-20, 11:42 PM
"Let's go."

What was this city's name again. Rae knew had heard it somewhere. Artisfel? Erstfog? Eristifal! That was it. Slowly it dawned on her that she had heard of this place before and it only made her anger burn hotter.

Rae followed the page through the double doors, slightly miffed that she didn't get to throw them open herself. The king was sitting pretty on his throne just in front of her. There were other people in the room but Rae ignored them. They weren't the object of her anger. "You," Rae snarled as she pointed toward the king, "have quite a bit to answer for, Your Majesty" Rae didn't bother to hide the venom in her voice.

"The Arira clan is not some marionette to dance to your strings! We're free from any empire. Especially yours!" Rae snarled and spat out the words as she gestured angrily with her hands.

"I can't even believe the arrogance that most have possessed you to even think that you could summon me here! I'm a Seeker, not your plaything! I'm disgusted by people like you. You sit on your throne, thinking you've mastered the world. I'll let you in on a secret, Your Idiocy, you haven't!" Sarcasm and venom dripped from every word. Rae swept her hand behind her as she spoke, nearly backhanding the human woman behind her.

"You won't even leave others alone! Your bloody stupid country just keeps attacking it's neighbors! And for what!? More money and power for you. Your own people hate you and you don't care! You content yourself with shooting them in the street! What kind of leader are you!? You don't care about anything but your own power." Rae clenched her fists by her sides as she stalked forward.

"And another thing! Your sanitation is horrible! I can't believe how your people can live her. City of Wonders my ass! More like city of ****."

"The only reason I even bothered to come to this sinkhole is on the vain hope that you might be able to help me find a clue for my quest." Rae looked at the king and his court disdainfully. "Somehow I don't think that's going to happen."

Rae snorted in derision. Suck on that one for a while.

userpay
2011-08-20, 11:46 PM
Standing before the king Geden sidesteps from the others, the reason evident a moment later. As Geden bows his fist thumps into his chest, wings flare to their full extension, and with a series of clicks the helmet comes apart sliding away from view. Revealing a grizzled, gray haired face.

"We are but a simple man, tis our pleasure to respond to your call."
"We are but a simple man, tis our pleasure to respond to your call."

We. Our. Something wasn't quite adding up as he clearly wasn't referring to the other people in the room. There was also the matter that the man had spoken with two voices.

"Geden."
"And Rim."
"At your service."

Cipher Stars
2011-08-21, 01:03 AM
The shock Azelia made itself known for a moment before she straightened herself and reached down to pick up the white cat who turned to hiss at the new girl. No one should run they're insolent mouth so against a person of stature, did the runt not get that they were in the main hall of a king?
That she might be associated with the black haired girl, as such she gathered from the kings words, appalled her. Tempted as she was to silence her personally, she noted that it wasn't her place to act in the place of the king, such could be taken as much of an insult as the girls mouth, storming into the throne room suddenly quite unannounced.
The girl stood nearly two feet shorter then her. Were she any less developed she might have mistaken the girl for a child.
Azelia kept quiet and Terisa silently clenched her jaw. Such undisciplined behavior always felt like a personal insult to the maid.

Lither
2011-08-21, 05:35 AM
Arthur:

The Captain is visibly surprised, and attempts to hide it by rapidly standing up and sweeping several mounds of paper off to the side.

"Well," he finally forces out, "That's... wonderful. Most of the people who I've accepted are ex-soldiers."

He gives you directions to the site. It's only a few hours ride from Eristifal.

"We'll begin storming it in two days. If you know anyone else, get them to come too."

Azelia, Zara, Rae, Tobias and Geden (everyone but Arthur):

The king glares at Rae. He is exuding an almost palpable aura of anger.

"I could execute you for such insults," he snarls, "But you have outlined some of many reasons you were summoned. Much of this civil unrest is linked to a presumably dangerous group calling themselves the Crystal Order trying to sieze my throne. General Alexander has been doing an admirable job at keeping people quiet." He stops, and smiles, as if remembering something funny, "As for the smell, somehow a rumor got around that something dangerous lives in the sewers, and now people are too afraid to use them. They just use the moat."

"I must say," he says, this time addressing Geden, "It is wonderful to meet you. That armour looks wonderful. Haven't heard of its design before."

"So," he says, his eyes sweeping over the gathered group, "Will you help us? I need people who are neither to weak to get a job done or too famous or are well known within Eristifal to get this job done."

Rae:
Rae only:You sense that the king is lying about his reasons for summoning you and about the Crystal Order.

Azelia:
Azelia only:You feel that the king is lying about his reasons for summoning you.

Sparrow
2011-08-21, 07:25 AM
Zara stood in the throne room, also shocked that the elf had practically yelled at the king. After a few seconds, she came to her senses. "I will help, if it brings peace to your people. As for the sewers, no one can fix that problem." At the same time, she was wondering what this Geden and Rim thing was. Whatever it was, they didn't have them in the forest.

((Wow, I should never go to sleep early. I missed a lot.In one night.))

userpay
2011-08-21, 09:53 AM
In a sense Geden was glad he'd stepped away from the volatile woman, yelling at the king like that could have been disastrous. As it is she certainly gave him things to think of in regards to his would be employer. "And in all honesty you'll likely not see another like it as its... Well lets just say its been lost to time. Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if the Crystal Order is the one who spread that rumor, or if its true put whatever the thing is down there. What can you tell us about the Order?"

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-21, 10:07 AM
Arthur bowed graciously. "It will be an honor to draw blood with you, Captain. I assure you, you will not regret my assistance. I will do my best to protect your men as much as I can, also. After all, winning a battle is the easy part. Limiting casualties...that's where the veterans separate from the recruits. Until we meet again."

He replaced his helmet and turned to walk away. "By the way, I would appreciate it if you kept my appearance a secret. Some people just don't know how to react, so I find it easier to simply allow them to believe I am human."

Arthur walked outside, and mounted his horse again. "Time to head for that inn..." he muttered under his breath, trotting down the road and asking the first person he sees, "Excuse me? Could you tell me where to find the Singing Donkey?"

Gather Information check: [roll0]

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-21, 10:22 AM
I was right, the liar king does need us for something. Now it's time to find out what exactly that was. Rae tossed her hair behind her head and addressed the king. "I'd need to hear far more than you've told us, Your Majesty." She wondered if she could get a Zone of Truth up without the king noticing, but quickly thought better of it. Too dangerous. I can only push him so far.

Rae quickly took notice of the rest of the room, looking at the people. The man in the armor surprised her. She didn't believe that she had seen something before. Rae thought back to the legends that her clan had taught her, trying to recall anything about the suit.

Italics in conversation means emphasis or sneering sarcasm.

Lore check: [roll0]-Geden's Battlesuit
Lore check: [roll1]-Crystal Order
Lore check: [roll2]-King's Personal History
Lore check: [roll3]-General's Personal History
Lore check: [roll4]-Monster in the Sewers
Lore check: [roll5]-Queen's Personal History
Sense Motive check: [roll6] Active Sense Motive on whatever the King says, Rae doesn't trust him and is looking for lies.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-21, 01:37 PM
Azelia felt less keen to help. A king shouldn't feel the need to lie to them, usually such was beneath them.
Either the king was in trouble, or he would be if was up to no good. Either way, it might be best to go on the downlow after leaving. But what provoked the black haired girl, did she know something Azelia did not?
Closing her eyes for only a moment, It'd only seem like a somewhat prolonged blink, she gathered her Seiki into her mind and out. Activating her Detect Thoughts aimed at the intruders after her, avoiding the king. Hah. she remembered the last time she tried to detect the thoughts of a person of power, it wasn't a pleasant result and she'd rather not test her luck.

Will save DC 17 if you resist. I'm assuming since were not in a combat encounter staged in rounds I can just skip to the reading.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-21, 02:46 PM
Will save: [roll0]

I believe that Rae knows that she was forced to make a will save. I'll deal with that in my next post, I'm on a tight time crunch at the moment.

Lither
2011-08-22, 02:20 AM
Zara:
The king smiles warmly at you.

"Thankyou," he rumbles, "I'm also afraid that is the case. I don't know how to dispel these rumors."

Geden:

"Precious little, I'm afraid," he replied in a voice like thunder, "The Crystal Order has been doing their best to avoid my spies. Perhaps some people on the street could tell you more."

Arthur:

You are given directions to a rather ramshackle tavern in the slums of Eristifal called the Singing Donkey.

Rae:

The king slouches and for a moment looks very old and weary.

"I've told you all I can," he replies, his voice having lost the power it once held in it. "I only know what my trusted advisor General Alexander brings me." At this, his voice regains its previous strength, and he sits up again. "Perhaps you should speak to him."

Rae:Rae only.Results:

Geden's Battlesuit: You remember hearing that it is a suit worn by the members of a long-gone empire. You remember hearing a rumor that the suit bonds to its wearer and can not be removed afterwards.

Crystal Order: You remember hearing that the Crystal Order is a group of revolutionaries who have believe that the King is too cruel to remain in power and must be peacefully removed for the good of Eristifal.

The King's History: You remember hearing that the king was an only child and was kept away from the people out of fear he would be targeted. His only friend during that time was the now-General Alexander. He has claimed the throne only within the last decade with the passing away of his father.

The General's History: The General came from one of the noble families with a long history of a close friendship with the Royal Family. He went to an officer college rather than work his way up through the lower ranks. He has had a reputation for choosing the most effective choice in any given situation, rather than the most moral.

Monster in the Sewers: The Monster is only a recent development, but people claim it is a scaled nightmare that has eaten three peasants already.

The Queen: The Queen's history is oddly obscure.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-22, 02:39 AM
Arthur led his horse over to the tavern, frowning a bit at the smell. He stroked Trinity's mane and said sheepishly, "Sorry boy. I know I said you wouldn't have to smell anything dirty when we got inside the city. Chock this one up to me being a nice guy."

He tied Trinity up outside and stepped into the tavern, giving the bartender the name of the client.

Sparrow
2011-08-22, 05:04 AM
"Thank you, Your Majesty." The only reason Zara called him that, was because everyone else was doing it. "We should go see the general, now." She put her hand on the elf's shoulder and turned, whispering in elven. "It might be best for all of us to leave, now."

userpay
2011-08-22, 10:38 AM
A ghost of a smile touches Geden's lips. "Finding out information from the peoples of a city is something I do well Your Majesty. The guards at the gate even mentioned to be wary of the Crystal Order." He rises. "By your leave and if noone else has any objections shall we adjourn to General Alexander?"

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-22, 02:15 PM
Rae stiffened at the human woman's touch. She still hadn't gotten used to these human customs. In her homeland you only touched someone with their express permission, or if you were lovers. Rae relaxed, the humans didn't know any better. It was really only expected that they wouldn't ask for permission.

Anyway Rae felt that she needed to tell the human about the truth of the Crystal Order. "Lets, I--"

Something was wrong. Rae felt a tingling sensation enveloping her body, vibrating within her soul. Someone was using magic on her. Rae whirled around, scouring the room for the culprit. Her eyes flew first to the King and then his wife, checking them for any signs of duplicity. Strangely, they didn't look guilty. Rae turned her gaze about the room looking for anyone likely.

"Alright, who just tried to invade my mind?" Rae's voice was low, barely above a whisper, but very dangerous.

Upon rereading the sense motive rules I don't believe I get to make a check. The passage is phrased in such a way that it seems to refer to sensing if someone else is under the effect of charm person. It seems I remembered that rule wrong.

Sparrow
2011-08-22, 02:22 PM
Seeing the way the elf stiffened up upon Zara touching her, the human pulled her arm back. "Did I do something wrong? I'm so sorry if I did. I'm not very accustomed to elven customs. I am sorry if have offended you in anyway." Zara truly looked sorry, if you bothered looking at her.

Cipher Stars
2011-08-22, 02:52 PM
Detect Thoughts is a Cone effect, everyone was effected. at least the way I see everyone's layout right now.
I wonder if I dare turn the cone onto the Royals though... It doesn't detect as either Arcane or Divine magic thanks due to the Seiki nature. Its like...

Arcane? nope.
Divine? nope.
Soul-magic I suppose.

Azelia held her frustration away from her features. It was only an annoyance. She'd have to go without knowing the girls reasoning for her outburst. Ignoring the transaction she readdressed the king.
"As you wish, your majesty. I will do what I can to find out what I may about this. Am I to understand that you sent for these others as well? Are we to work together on the matter?" She asked looking back on the others; an armored celestial, impertinent black elf, rather timid blonde human, and the quiet male. If it was the wish of a king however, they could all be leprechauns for all it was worth.

John Cribati
2011-08-22, 03:23 PM
So far, his early years in the lap of luxury dissuaded him from saying anything in the presence of the king ((OOC: and queen? I'm not sure)) Well, that pooch was metaphorically screwed by the darkish-skinned elf, so he decided to make his request. He dug deep into his memory to see what he could bring up from his vocabulary lessons all of those years ago.

Er, Your majesty? Since my associate has brought up the question... how and when should we expect to receive our monetary compensation?

Lither
2011-08-23, 04:15 AM
Arthur:

The bartender points to a seat in the corner, a welcoming grin spreading across her face.

"Just over there," he says, "Glad to see someone helping him."

The seat is partially shrouded in shadow. An elf wearing a dark cloak and a hood drawn across his face looking at a spot on the table sits at the seat farthest away from the door.

Geden and Zara:

The king smiles to each of you in turn.

"If you find anything new out," he asks, "Could you please inform me? Alexander isn't being very loquacious about his information."

Azelia:

"I feel," he rumblingly replies, "That as working in a group you may be vastly more effective than individually by yourselves."

Tobias:

"Why, you should expect rewards from the royal treasury itself," he smiles warmly back, "Upon completion of the task I have assigned you."

Sparrow
2011-08-23, 05:09 AM
"Of course your majesty, you will be the first. If I know, you'll know." Zara said this with an uncertain smile. "But, I will help on one condition. No more citizens will be killed, or I'm done. Is that understood?" Zara didn't mean to sound rude, she was just concerned for the people of the city.

Lither
2011-08-23, 05:14 AM
"That decision," replies the king, "Is not mine to make. I promised the General that he would have the power to do whatever he saw fit to restore order. I will not break any of my promises without an extremely good reason. If people cannot trust me to keep my word, how can they trust me to rule? Take it up with him."

Sparrow
2011-08-23, 05:20 AM
Zara was appalled, her the king was talking about not having enough power. Meanwhile, people were being killed for speaking their word. But she held back her anger. "Very well, the quicker we see Alexander, the better. No more lives need be taken." Zara looked at the others. ((The way I see it she is on the far right, from the kings view.)) "Ready when you guys are."

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-23, 06:44 AM
Arthur walks over to the table, bowing a bit before taking the seat across from the elf and extending a hand. "Hello. My name is Arthur Pendragon. I hear you've lost something important to you. I also hear you're offering a reward if it's found. Normally I would do this kind of thing for free, but unfortunately, I find myself in need of other's kindness, though I prefer to earn it. Please, give me the details of your situation. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure what you've lost is returned to your possession as quickly as possible."

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

userpay
2011-08-23, 10:19 AM
"While I applaud your integrity your majesty I have to ask. What if the general's actions under that promise gets out of hand? You've a duty, a promise persay, to your people do you not? If something you've put under effect previously begins to do more harm than good does not your first duty require you to fix it? Merely food for thought while we visit the general." Geden bows his head for a moment before looking to Zara. "I believe I am set."

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-23, 07:53 PM
"So you're not going to respond then." Rae muttered. It wasn't likely that anyone would, anyway. How can I know whose responsible if no one will own up to it. Rae looked at everyone present, evaluating their facial expressions searching for signs of guilt. She had nothing. Rae sighed, she would have to try and ask her god for the spells to find out. Until then she would have to trust her companions as best she could. The man in the battlesuit and the human behind her seemed like good people, about the quiet man and the other human Rae was less sure.

"My people don't touch often, precious. You couldn't know." Rae sighed again, "Let's go."

Rae turned to leave the throne room, leaving the king a parting comment as she turned, waving her hand dismissively in the air. "I doubt the general is very loquaciousness while saying anything other than "open fire" or "stab it some more"."

Sparrow
2011-08-23, 09:22 PM
Zara walked beside the young elf. She didn't want the others to think she was less competent then them. So far, she had the suspicion that the others didn't think very highly of her. She had to make sure that she wasn't treated like a doormat.

As they walked out of the room, Zara told the elf, "I am truly sorry about invading your space, it won't happen again. Now, I must admit, you have a lot of courage, standing up to a king like that."

Lither
2011-08-24, 02:08 AM
Arthur:

The elf looks up in surprise. Obviously, he wasn't expecting to have anyone volunteer help. His face is lined in wrinkles, and his eyes are weak.

"How..." he begins, and his voice is reminiscent of one who has achieved a great age, "Wonderful. I never expected anyone to actually have the heart. You see, a week ago, I noticed that my family's ancient treasures, which have been passed down for nearly ten thousand years, were missing. Despite my best efforts, I could never recover them. I need help in their recovery. If you help me, I will offer you the prize of the heirlooms, something which I have never had the inclination to use, but contains a great power."

Geden:

The king looks at you philosophically and does not respond.

Everyone leaving the throne room:

A small troupe of soldiers are just outside, who seem to have been attracted by the shouting from within. As they see you, a Lieutenant nods at each of you in turn, before dismissing them and stepping over.

"How did it go?" he asks, "Will there be a forseeable end to this murder?"

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-24, 05:00 PM
Rae shook her softly at him. "Lieutenant, I'd like to discuss something with you." Rae looked back at the people following her. "You should hear this too."

Spot for a place far enough away from prying eyes and ears that the conversation can't be listened in on. [roll0]

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-24, 07:17 PM
Arthur smiled, though the elf could not see it through his helmet. "It would be an honor to help you recover your heritage, sir. Please, tell me everything you can. What the items look like, where you had them last, what you think might have happened to them. Every detail you give me will increase the chances that I will find the items swiftly."

Lither
2011-08-25, 07:51 AM
Rae:

The Lieutenant's face turns grave as you spot a secluded corner in a mostly unused corridor.

Arthur:

The elf gives you a catalogue of items which are mostly gems and valuable metals, and he promises an ancient magical sword if you are to help him. He mentions that it his items were last seen in his basement. He mentions that he believes that thieves stole it, but he has made no ground in its recovery.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-25, 11:28 AM
Arthur walks outside and around, asking questions to the town, showing them the pictures, asking about thieves and etc.

Gather Information: [roll0]

Sparrow
2011-08-25, 02:16 PM
Zara follows the elf into the corner, wondering why they were being so secretive. "Why do we have to talk back here?" she asks.

Lither
2011-08-26, 10:08 PM
Arthur:

The people you ask are being unhelpful, and you find out nothing you hadn't already known.

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-27, 01:37 PM
Arthur headed over to the elf's house and examined his basement.

Taking 20 on a Search check, so 20

Lither
2011-08-29, 01:53 AM
Arthur:

Thoroughly searching the basement, you find several interesting things. The first is a set of three parallel claw marks set very deep into the wood around the doorknob which would suggest a human sized or smaller creature gripping it tightly.

The second thing are several dark rusty-brown scales stuck within the doorframe, as if something squeezed tightly through it.

The third thing is a scrap of paper caught in an exposed nail. The paper has strange unearthly symbols on it.

userpay
2011-08-29, 10:36 AM
"My guess is that she has misgivings about how in control the king really is." Geden rumbles after he follows the others to the corner. "Lieutenant, just how much power has the King given the General or the General assumes he has?"

John Cribati
2011-08-29, 12:05 PM
Five creatures in a dark corner; not suspicious at all., Tobias grumbles, following the others anyway.

Lither
2011-08-30, 02:04 AM
Geden:

The Lieutenant looks uneasy at that question, before glancing around.

"Do you mean how much power he has," he begins evasively, "Or how much power he theoretically has?" As if realising he will get nowhere, he drops it, "All I know is that the King gave him powers to do whatever he saw fit to exterminate any rebellion, fit to withdrawal on a gross abuse of such power. However, the General has been very intelligent in his actions. He always has proclaimed to be acting under the orders of the King. I believe the King is suffering almost all the political backlash from those moves, with the General remaining viewed in a relatively positive light among those whose opinion matters most. The General also has a power base of his own. While the supporters of the King grow ever fewer, the General has expanded his influence into the Religious Sector. He's got good relations with the temples of the more warlike deities, including Hextor and Gruumsh. This whole situation is just a regicide waiting to happen, and I suspect the General doesn't have the best motives at heart."

userpay
2011-08-30, 11:02 AM
Geden sighs. "The King needs to take back his power, or at least alter the terms so that the General can't claim its in the name of the King in such a way as he is doing, but your Lord is worried about public view if he breaks his promise to the General regarding that power. I... Tried to remind him that first and foremost has a promise to his people."

NeoSeraphi
2011-08-30, 03:18 PM
Arthur picked up the sheet of paper, examining it closely. "Interesting...".

I examine the sheet as closely as I can, attempting to analyze it using all of my languages and intellect. Do I deduce anything?

Arthur also pockets as many scales as he can for analysis later, and takes note of the claw marks, attempting to memorize every noticeable detail about them so that he can accurately describe them later. Then he puts the piece of paper in his pocket and heads to a library, or library-equivalent, whatever place he would go for information.

Lither
2011-08-31, 01:32 AM
Arthur:

You appear to be holding a letter addressed to the theif. Some of the runes are in Draconic, which you can read. It is a set of instructions about how to steal from the elf, and to bring the treasures to a place written in another language you cannot read.

It finishes with a stern warning of a vague fate awaiting the recipitant should they fail.

You arrive outside a library. It is an old building, made almost entirely out of stone and wood, with very few decorations other than a simple sign proclaiming its presence. It appears to have had considerable fire damage recently, and there are four guards standing and waiting alertly outside.

Lord Ruby34
2011-08-31, 03:28 PM
"It's a promise that he apparently doesn't value as highly as his childhood friend. I think everyone can guess who that is." Rae spat out the words. Her distaste for the general was growing. Anyone who wanted anything to do with Gruumsh that didn't involve wiping him off the face of the earth was scum of the worst kind. Rae glanced over to see if anyone was eavesdropping before continuing on.

[roll0]

"The King also lied about the Crystal Order. They aren't a dangerous revolutionary group, they actually, as stupid as this sounds, are trying to put themselves in power through peaceful means. They're reacting to the brutal tactics the General uses when he invades. I can't say I blame them." Rae crossed her arms as she continued speaking.

"Lieutenant, how much do you know about the Crystal Order?"

Sparrow
2011-08-31, 06:24 PM
"How do you know all of this. You couldn't of possibly of got all that from what he said." Zara said in a hushed voice, also looking for eavesdroppers.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2011-08-31, 07:08 PM
Tobias had no idea what to say, so he kept his mouth shut to give himself the appearance of intelligence.

Lither
2011-09-01, 02:24 AM
Zara and Rae:

You two cannot see any eavesdroppers.

Rae:

"I know little," the Lieutenant replies, "Much too little. What I know is probably incorrect. Too many rumors surround them. I do know, however, that the Crystal Order might be idealistic, but they aren't stupid. They recruited several guards who were more outspoken against the General. Those they got to before the General did. They have some hidden base and are incredibly good at remaining hidden if they want nobody to find them. They're rumored to be hiding somewhere in the catacombs in Pelor's temple in this city. The guards have sent dozens down before, but they found nothing. I went down there once. You could probably lose an army inside them."

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-02, 05:23 PM
"I picked things up on my travels, and not everyone comes into a place like this unprepared." Rae answered the human woman with a wave of her hand before turning her attention back to the Lieutenant.

"It's good that their hidden then. If General Alexander found them I doubt that they would last long." Rae said "I suppose the General has tried using magic to find them?" Her voice almost seemed to say, "If he hasn't then he's a moron."

Sparrow
2011-09-02, 08:40 PM
"Some people come here unprepared? Hmm... must not be very smart" Zara said without the smallest bit of sarcasm in her voice. Not having much of a say about what was being said, Zara just drifted off, remembering the forest and all the animals in the wild.

Lither
2011-09-02, 09:34 PM
"General Alexander has," the Lieutenant replies, "He couldn't find anything. He didn't like it one bit, but the clerics denied all knowledge when he... questioned them." There is something odd about the way the Lieutenant says those last two words.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-02, 10:18 PM
"Tortured, you mean." Rae snorted, "The more I hear about your general the less I like him." She dropped her voice to a whisper. "People like him have a lot to answer for, and he should answer soon."

Sparrow
2011-09-04, 08:04 PM
When she heard the word torture, Zara immediately came back to reality. "Yes, he must answer for what he's done. Can we just get it over with?" Zara asked the human woman who seemed to dislike this general almost, if not as much as she did.

Lither
2011-09-18, 05:26 AM
Rae:

"Yes, he does," the Lieutenant replies thoughtfully, "But as far as I know, killing him could... I don't know... I was thinking killing him without publicly defaming him first could cause a great deal of trouble, but his allies are not the loyal type, although they may use it to attempt to gain power for themselves. There's also that we have our most dangerous enemies down south, two empires that have temporarily allied themselves to fight off the armies we send there. The backlash from th General's desposing may lead to a major invasion, which I cannot let occur. It could be handled without causing problems, but I don't know: I'm just a Lieutenant."

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-18, 08:56 AM
"A rather knowledgeable Lieutenant." Rae remarked with a wry grin. "So we'll need a plan to depose him after ruining his career, and have him replaced by someone competent enough to keep back an invasion." Rae scrunched her face up in thought. "Or we could try to find a way to strike peace with the Empire's enemies. That would result in less bloodshed all around."

"What's sure is that we'll need more information to even think about pulling it off. Which means we need to talk to the general. Where is he at the moment?"

Lither
2011-09-21, 07:26 AM
Rae:

"The General should be in his personal office," the Lieutenant replies, "and in an hour's time he'll be flying around for inspection of the defences."

The Lieutenant gives you directions to his office.

"By the way," he adds with an attempt at a smile, "I think I've been rude enough to not tell you my name. It's Mercurius. Lieutenant Peter Mercurius."

Sparrow
2011-09-21, 09:31 PM
"Thank you, Mercurius." Zara turns to the elf. "We should probably hurry, if we wish to talk to him before he is walking around." Zara lets out a small sigh. "Well, lets get this over with."

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-21, 09:43 PM
Rae nodded to the human girl before looking back to the Lieutenant--Peter. "And I'm Raelirryn, although Rae is easier." She back at him before turning her attention to the human again.

"Yeah, let's go." Rae turned and started walking towards General Alexander's office.

Sparrow
2011-09-21, 09:44 PM
Zara followed, not saying a word until spoken to next.

userpay
2011-09-22, 12:22 AM
"Geden Cetadi." He says nodding to Mercurius. "We thank you for your help. I just hope that perhaps the general can see reason... Farewell." Turning he strides after the others, helmet clicking back into place.
"A fine twist we've gotten ourselves into no?"
"Shush Rim, now is not the time."

Lither
2011-09-22, 07:25 AM
All:

The Lieutenant smiles and waves at each of you as you leave.

Following the directions, you all arrive outside a thick reinforced door. The doorframe is decorated in unearthy symbols written in an unpleasantly organic-looking dark red ink. The doorhandle is decorated with ever-changing letters that speak praises to the gods of strife and battle in many different languages.

John Cribati
2011-09-22, 01:26 PM
Okay, there's "fancy," and there's "overkill." This would be the latter.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-22, 01:54 PM
"I don't trust that door, the decorations look a bit too real." Rae said softly. "Detect Magic"

userpay
2011-09-23, 01:01 AM
"Did he seriously give a man that would adorn his door with symbols to such gods power?" Geden clicks his tongue. "Seems we've work to do Rim."
"Yes sir."
Geden mutters something more as he kneels down to get a better look at the door.
Casting Guideance then making a search check on the door for traps, preferably without touching it.
[roll0]

Lither
2011-09-23, 03:45 AM
Rae:

You cannot detect any magic affecting the door.

Geden:

There are no traps on the door that you can detect.

Sparrow
2011-09-23, 05:12 AM
"If you two are that scared of a door, let me help." Zara said, starting to search the door for traps as well.

Search Check: [roll0]

Lither
2011-09-23, 05:13 AM
Zara:

You cannot find any traps either.

Sparrow
2011-09-23, 05:19 AM
"Okay, no traps. Now, can we please get this over with? I really just want to get through this." Zara said, believing that she had searched thoroughly enough.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-23, 05:25 AM
"Yes, I believe we can."Rae took a deep breath to stop the anger that was climbing in her chest from surfacing. She rapped twice on the door before opening it. "General, we need to speak with you."

Knowledge Religion check for the symbols on the door: [roll0]

Oh, and I'm not dropping detect magic yet.

Lither
2011-09-23, 05:30 AM
Rae:

"Enter," a voice like the clashing of two great sheets of iron calls from within, "You better not be wasting my time."

You can tell these are Infernal symbols, but you cannot discern anything else.

EDIT: Didn't see the last part of your post.

Inside the room is a desk piled high with books and what appears to be a set of hastily cast aside scrolls. The smell of sulfur pervades the air.

Standing up behind the desk with his hand on the hilt of a longsword is the General. His armour resembles that of the guards, full plate, but with a black symbol of a spiked gauntleted hand clenching three arrows etched into the chestplate. He has unusually pasty skin, as if he spent more time indoors then outdoors, cropped dark hair, and an unusual symbol burned into his forehead. He appears visibly annoyed. The carpet on the floor is dark red and a fire crackled in the background. The window is unusually large, but the cool breeze does little to dispel the smell.

The aura of magic tells you that there are numbers of spells in the room.

Sparrow
2011-09-23, 08:13 PM
Zara is the first to speak up, after entering the room. "We need to have a word with you about how you are handling the Crystal Order situation," Zara says in the strictest voice she can conjure up.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-23, 11:17 PM
Sense Motive to determine the power level of the general and the guards. [roll0]

Rae instincts told her that this man was powerful."The king asked us to do something about them, and we'd like to know everything we can about their order." Rae tried to make her voice sound amiable, even while she scrunched up her nose, and she thought she succeeded.

I don't think I need a bluff check, because I'm not actually lying.

Lither
2011-09-24, 03:52 AM
Zara:

"What," Alexander replies, "do you wish to talk about? If it is about some supposed 'inhumanity', then stop wasting my time."

Rae:

"I don't need any help," he replies, "The king can ask you to help, but it is really unnecessary. Give me a few days to perfect my," at this he pauses and glances down at one of his notes, "delivery system... and the Crystal Order will no longer exist."

You believe that the General is a tough challenge.

Also, what guards? There are none in this room.

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-24, 07:21 AM
I just misread something.

And spot check to make out the note: [roll0]

Delivery system? What is he talking about? Rae tried to get a glimpse of the note he was looking at.

Lither
2011-09-24, 07:38 AM
Rae:

The General notices your gaze and quickly sweeps the note into the stack of books, but not before you get a good look at it.

Rae only.The note is titled "Theoretical Weapon: Diseases". You can see that on it there are incubation times, mode of transmission and relative lethality of dozens of diseases.

Sparrow
2011-09-24, 08:09 AM
"Your delivery system? I don't like the sound of that. There are other ways of taking care of a problem than harming people. Just throw them in jail, banish them. Killing people is wrong. And I believe you misinterpreted what the king wanted you to do. The people are very close to rebelling and if that happens, you'll have a lot more to worry about than the Crystal Order." Zara said, adding a large gasp for air afterwards. She still was attempting to sound serious, but she knew what this guy could do to her, and it was affecting her speech.

Lither
2011-09-26, 04:25 AM
"Perhaps," Alexander replies, "But there are very few ways of ensuring a problem stays solved than to ensure that its causes are removed permanently. I'm sure you can understand that. Erasing a troublemaker removes the troublemaker's trouble. If the people rebel, then they die. They know the price of testing the relative effectiveness of leather and daggers against plate and crossbows."

Sparrow
2011-09-26, 05:55 AM
"Actually, sir, I can't. You are taking innocent lives. Don't try to rationalize your decisions." Zara said, now getting a bit angry.

Lither
2011-09-26, 06:52 AM
"Innocent?" the General snorts, "Innocent? They're traitors, all of them. We give them stability, we give them order, we give them the first prospect of lasting peace Eristifal has had for centuries, we give them hope for a better future, and they still choose to side against us. They use some minor detail nobody ever cares about, like poisoning wells or spreading plagues to stir people up. It's better to put them out of the picture permanently, before their actions sow chaos where there once was good order."

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-26, 02:00 PM
Rae spoke up before the human girl could doom them further. There was a time for showing your anger at authority but not to the face of someone like this. Rae had known the king wouldn't have had her killed, but she knew that General Alexander would without a second thought. "We came to ask for information on the Crystal Order so we could try and resolve this peacefully. I don't think that's going to happen anymore. We're sorry for wasting your time."

Rae turned to leave, striding toward the door. Her face was stretched into a grin, the general had given her the perfect strategy to take him down, and there was absolutely nothing he could do to stop it.

userpay
2011-09-26, 03:38 PM
Geden seems to eye first Zara, then Rae's retreating back with an air of exasperation before turning back to the general. "I would imagine the people complain because of the methods used to 'protect' them, most tend to be uneasy with killing to remove an issue. They begin to wonder whether they'll be next, whether or not they actually did something, and that drives them to rash actions. Subtly goes a long way." Geden pauses for a moment, shifting his wings. "I would like to hope that we could work together on this matter in order to reduce the body count and hopefully quell the masses at the same time. Sometimes an outside perspective is what is needed to see a missed solution."

Sparrow
2011-09-26, 08:04 PM
Zara didn't say another word, but instead just walked out the door of the office and waited for the others.

John Cribati
2011-09-27, 06:14 PM
Tobias had nothing nice to say. He left without a word.

Lither
2011-09-28, 02:09 AM
Everyone Except Geden:

Outside the General's room is just how you left it. There are a few torches burning without any sign of fuel, but these are hardly needed as the daylight illuminates the corridoor through a series of windows.

Geden:

"I also hope for lowered body counts," the General replies evenly, "But the killings will only stop when the Crystal Order is gone. It spurs the people up into attempted rebellion. I've searched the entire city but have not found their headquarters. They must have some disguised entrance in the catacombs of the temple of Pelor. I've been considering burning it to the ground for a while now, burying them underneath the city with no escape."

userpay
2011-09-28, 10:56 AM
"I fear such an action would cause even more unrest. Think about what Pelor stands for, if you burn down his church... Well I hesitate to even think of what the people might do much less their god. That could very well provoke a reprisal from more than just within the city." He gestures towards where the general stashed his paperwork. "Now obviously I've no idea what your delivery system does but if its similar in nature to burning down the church then I would have to ask you reconsider. If you feel you must go forward with it then mayhaps you could at least give us time to make our own attempt. As I said earlier an outside perspective could be whats needed. We may even manage to pinpoint their location in order to minimize damage."

Lither
2011-09-30, 06:06 AM
"Very well," the General replies, "Do whatever you think will end this. If it doesn't, I will continue as planned."

userpay
2011-09-30, 10:51 AM
Geden nods. "Thank you sir. We shall do our best to succeed." And with that smartly turns on his heel and walks after the rest of his group.
--------------------------------------
Outside the man lets out a long, held in breath. "Well we've some time, not sure how long exactly, to make our attempt to end this. Where shall we go from here?"

Lord Ruby34
2011-09-30, 01:53 PM
Rae looked at Geden "Not here." She paused for a minute. "We should find a place to stay while we're in the city. We can talk there."

Lither
2011-10-01, 06:10 AM
All:

If you are looking for a tavern, you can find one easily. It's called the Broken Boulder and serves all manner of social classes. It has the peculair distinction of being split into three different but joined buildings.

Sparrow
2011-10-01, 09:57 AM
Zara looked at the others. "Yes, lets find a place to stay. That sounds like a good idea.

userpay
2011-10-02, 10:52 PM
Geden nods. "This is true, let us go."

Lord Ruby34
2011-10-02, 11:06 PM
"Yeah. It should be this way." Rae said while she gestured in the general direction of where she thought the Broken Boulder lied.

OOC:
And, transition scene!

John Cribati
2011-10-03, 07:01 AM
-Jump Cut to the Broken Boulder-
So... Is anyone willing to buy me a drink?

Sparrow
2011-10-03, 02:15 PM
"Sure, I'll buy you a drink. I'm running kind of short on gold, but what do you want?" Zara asked, ready to pull out a some money for a drink.

John Cribati
2011-10-05, 09:46 PM
Thouh bemused by Zara's willingness to spend her gold, Tobias puts on the most charming face he can muster. Well, what would you suggest?

Sparrow
2011-10-05, 09:57 PM
"I don't drink alcohol that much, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. When you ready, choose something you think you will like and then I'll pay for it." Zara said trying to think of a time when she actually drank alcohol.