PDA

View Full Version : Qumadara [IC]

Zazori
2011-08-21, 01:04 PM
You wake early morning, the air is dry and everything is burning hot, even though your down in your rooms.
You make your way to the deck and can finally see land, a city near the shore, a giant palace reaching towards the skies.
As the ship makes port one of the ships men yells "Welcome!!, Welcome to Qumadara, the city of outlaws, the city of thievery, the city Rujarra! ".

0nimaru
2011-08-21, 01:50 PM
Torvald makes his way to the deck as the ship comes into port. He breathes in the hot desert air.
Ah.. it is good to be home. On my home continent that is... not my home city. I don't know aaaaanything about Rujarra, so don't ask me, or I'd be forced to li.... truth. I'd be forced to tell you only the truth like I usually do, of course.

We will need some supplies if we intend to travel about this land though. It is harsh and unforgiving, and creates people of a similar disposition. It's just like I was saying....

Torvald looks to his sides and behind him, and he only now realizes that he is the first member of his group on deck, and that nobody was listening to him. He displays a small frown of sadness, and sits down on the deck and scribes into his book.

Trufflehound
2011-08-21, 03:59 PM
Tim brings the mule off of the ship, and waits. After ten minutes or so, Edgar comes out onto deck and leaves the ship, tipping his hat to Torvald. He is wearing his leather armor today, under a black cloak and fedora as usual. After inspecting the mule and adjusting the saddle straps, he walks back onto the ship and up to Torvald. He determinedly thinks before opening his mouth. After a few seconds he determinedly says,

"Morning."

He promptly falls back into a reverie.

0nimaru
2011-08-21, 04:23 PM
Torvald looks up at Edgar standing above where he is sitting. Edgar is casting a shadow onto Torvald's book and making further efforts to scribe difficult, so Torvald closes the book and stands up.
Yes. Morning. I believe I remember you from the ship into Terrible-City. You kept to yourself rather a bit though.. Don't really know much about you, do we?

Hmm.. Following us here implies a wish to continue associating with us? Well, before we do that I believe we'll need to know a bit more about you. Who are you? What are your intentions? What are your weaknesses in the event you become pesky?

Zarae
2011-08-21, 07:25 PM
she was sitting (somewhere odd to be found thats flat roof-like and not necessarily easy to get to) and watching the water and the approaching land. the wind blew thru her burgundy hair and gave it a reddish glow. the crew prepared the ship as she spent time talking to Selune (the Moon Maiden) and Fyre who sat perched on her shoulder thinking of her clan and how many stories she had to share.
--

(at port:) she got up, her owl spreading her wings to keep balance as the elven girl hopped down to the deck with her traveling companions. as usual a friendly smile graced her fey features.
some concern was evident in her eyes after hearing the announcement, but she kept her hopes up for good things to come anyway.

Smith, John
2011-08-21, 08:10 PM
Bear rolls out of bed, takes his first breath and coughs on the dry air.
Not quite like the swamps back home, eh JD?

He'll go through his morning spell selection, and cast Heat Endurance on himself before he leaves his room. He'll earn his board and passage scrubbing rust off chains in the morning and helping secure the boat to port.

Once they hit port, he'll finish up his work and join the group.

City o' outlaws. Sounds like a great place for us to be. Ya know, except for the city part. Ya reckon any of the others got away?

Trufflehound
2011-08-22, 08:18 AM
Edgar looks away from Torvald for a moment and replies. "Well, right now I'm following you because of your knowledge; I don't know much about this place. It's hot, it speaks common, and it's a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but that's all I know. And in general, I've been following Bear because I know I can trust him, Ariali because, well, she's pretty.... And you of course also because of your stunning good looks."
Bluff check about that last bit: [roll0]
"I'm an accountant, the son of a gentleman. I can work numbers, anger fishmongering guilds, spellcast worse than you can, and I can play this." (fishing out his harmonica)
"My weakness is that I have no more than 5 gp, and am stuck in a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and don't know the tax laws. And if I'm a problem, I tend to die when my throat is slit at night. Which an uncomfortable possibility here."

"How are you planning to spend your time?"

Zarae
2011-08-22, 01:16 PM
"um, thanks?" she replied to the announcer. then whispered a few words in elven to her deity.

City o' outlaws. Sounds like a great place for us to be. Ya know, except for the city part. Ya reckon any of the others got away?
"possibly. tho their was something...odd?... about the girl my age," she replied also over hearing the other two. it was strange for such type thoughts directed at her. she quickly pulled her hair up into a messy braided bun keeping it off her neck in this heat. and it was rather warm!
"where first?"

Zazori
2011-08-22, 01:47 PM
Edgar
Spots a guy down on the docks, he holds up a big sign says: Cheap Qumadara Guide!

Trufflehound
2011-08-22, 05:07 PM
"We? Talk? About a woman your age? I mentioned Bear, and you.. oh, you, right. I said... I said you were pretty, that's all. But it was off topic... I was trying to find out something about this city. What would Torvald do if he was me?" Edgar puts his harmonica away, and concludes, "I didn't know you were up yet."

0nimaru
2011-08-22, 05:33 PM
As Edgar talks to him, Torvald flips towards the back of his book and begins to write. He starts roughly halfway down the page and speaks to himself in a low tone while writing.
Good with numbers... currently poor... contradictory? Possible liar... Vulnerable to throat slitting while asleep.. hmm.. That is a common one, but it'll have to do for now.

Torvald watches Edgar as he exchanges conversation with Ariali and eventually chimes in with,
As I mentioned, this is my homeland, but not my home city. I don't know what your particular goals are, but if you want to accomplish any of them, and oooooooh I want to accomplish my goals with vivacious vigor, then we'll need money. We can come about that in various ways.. perhaps some hired muscle for a local strongman?

We could also contact the city's leadership and pretend to rat out some revolutionaries. Round up some random street people, rough em up, turn them in, poof, instantly rewarded for stopping a plot that didn't exist.

Even faster currency.. well... you did mention how pretty she is....

Torvald looks delighted as he lists off possible plots that can be taken on the path to wealth... but his face falls as he sees the inevitably non-excited looks on his companions' faces.

Or we could find people who need help and.. help them for a reward. I suppose.

Smith, John
2011-08-23, 02:16 AM
As Torvald rattles off ideas Bear's face plainly shows interest, then confusion, then revulsion, then back to interest.

First an' last one sound alright. Middle, not so much.

Trufflehound
2011-08-23, 08:20 AM
"Well, technically we could get hired as muscle for the local strongarm who probably is the local leadership, spend our time ratting out revolutionaries, at least criminals who aren't part of the strongarm's organization. Then we could take a cut of their cash before we hand them in, get extra bonuses from the strongarm, and help the people who the criminals were targeting. That's three out of four at least, eh?" Edgar says, making a sidelong glance at Ariali with the last sentence.

Zarae
2011-08-23, 09:22 AM
the elven girl was partially listen as she was very distracted watching the crowds of the city from their spot- interactions, behaviors, even some mannerism and dress, careful to note such things for surviving however long she would be here. Ariali adjusted the bone bead choker around her neck.
sensing looks directed at her she turns back around to face the guys.
"if this is your home, then would not your clan help you? I never understand why round metallic pieces. living off the land and working together helping each other work just as well. it build community and," she started, a hand rubbing Fyre's head; the owl watching the males intensely. "this 'need' to fight..." pausing in mid sentence, "what does physical appearance have to do with quick wealth?" the idea completely foreign to her.

Trufflehound
2011-08-23, 09:58 AM
"Clans?" Edgar muses for a moment. "In the city I came from, everyone was part of a sort of clan called a guild. All the people who built ships, for example, were part of a shipwright's guild. The guild would make sure that everyone charged a good price, neither too high nor too low, and that everyone built good ships. It would also defend them against other guilds in legal cases. So everyone has family, friends, and a guild to protect them.

"But this, on the other hand, is not a nice city. Here I suppose the closest thing is gangs of thieves."

"If this place has a guild, we could join one, or get hired to defend it against gangs... or we could technically join a gang. Though none of you seem like the type to pull it off."

Smith, John
2011-08-25, 08:02 AM
Bear glances between Ariali, Edgar, and Torvald.
I don't get the fuss here. Clan, guild, gang, sounds 'bout the same to me. Where I come from we called 'em Circles. Anyways, 'fore we seek gainful employment I think we should find a place to rest our head.

He'll approach a likely individual who isn't busy.
'scuse me sir. A gold piece for your family if can show us the closest tavern. I need a drink and somewhere to sleep.

Rolls
To keep this fun, I'm not going to look at the result of these rolls. No idea how well this goes. Also, it gives our DM a nice excuse to take us somewhere else if I roll ridiculously high or low.

Sense motive to find someone reasonable trustworthy who isn't obviously out to rob him. [roll0]
Diplomacy [roll1]

Zazori
2011-08-25, 10:38 AM
He takes your coin and runs off.

As you look after him, you see a tavern.

Trufflehound
2011-08-25, 11:03 AM
"Well, apparently that isn't the way to go about it. Let me try."

Edgar pulls his hat lower over his eyes, walks up to the nearest shopkeeper, and asks, "Who do you pay protection money to?"

Zazori
2011-08-25, 11:11 AM
Why would you care? He mumbles..

Trufflehound
2011-08-25, 11:15 AM
Edgar takes off his hat and looks at the shopkeeper more closely. "Oh, don't worry, I don't have a vested interest in you specifically, and I won't quote you on this. I just, shall we say, need to know the powers that be."

Zarae
2011-08-25, 12:48 PM
"wait!" she called to the man who was taking off, "you didnt..." stopping in mid sentance. "yall have strange customs here," to no one in particular. "this does not bode well for us," sighing then pointing twords a building people (might) be entering, "that one?"
not mentioning she was illiterate (wildborn trait).

Smith, John
2011-08-26, 06:45 AM
Huh. Quick hands.

As Bear watches the man run, he sizes up the buildings the man passes by.

That one looks more likely than not.

I don't want to stand out here all day. Edgar, Torvald; you two are social an' sneaky. You figure out who is in charge here, me and Ariali can get rooms for us four.

Zazori
2011-08-26, 10:46 AM
Edgar takes off his hat and looks at the shopkeeper more closely. "Oh, don't worry, I don't have a vested interest in you specifically, and I won't quote you on this. I just, shall we say, need to know the powers that be."

Tomorrow night, 01:00 am. Be here. he mumbles and then continues work.

Trufflehound
2011-08-26, 11:46 AM
Edgar rejoins the party. "Alright, sounds like a plan."

He then will find a shop that sells weapons, art or artifacts, spices, or material components. He asks the shopkeeper, "I see you have some fairly valuable and hard-to-get goods, which you sell for a lot. Must be a decent income source, but I know you don't gather them yourself. Are there any hard-to-get goods you'd like to sell for which you don't yet have a provider?"

Zarae
2011-08-26, 12:27 PM
I don't want to stand out here all day. Edgar, Torvald; you two are social an' sneaky. You figure out who is in charge here, me and Ariali can get rooms for us four.

the girl nods, and follows, watching everyone around her and seeing them looking at the pair with equal curiosity or scorn. her steps were light and flowy, with an added excited bounce at the fact of seeing so much. pausing one to say hi, sent a small human running. a few others back up to let them pass.
"you think they have never seen folks like us?" she whispered in druidic.
--(not sure if i should discribe the entering of the tavern and stuff or if that falls under the boss' job.)--

0nimaru
2011-08-26, 02:34 PM
A plan... yes. That sounds reasonable.

Torvald will wander off from the group. He'll tuck his gear and coins inside his shadow and wander around the poorer distracts. He spends the rest of the day attempting to get the lay of the land and know whatever is available about the city and how the lower class feel. He's generous with some silver pieces if it looks like information is worth it.

If required, Gather Information: [roll0]
A default Gather Info takes 1d4+1 hours, and I'll spend all day doing it, so roll additional checks in secret if you need.

Zazori
2011-08-29, 03:05 PM
the girl nods, and follows, watching everyone around her and seeing them looking at the pair with equal curiosity or scorn. her steps were light and flowy, with an added excited bounce at the fact of seeing so much. pausing one to say hi, sent a small human running. a few others back up to let them pass.
--(not sure if i should discribe the entering of the tavern and stuff or if that falls under the boss' job.)--

You enter the tavern, almost all the tables are filled up with people, most of them are covered with hooded capes of different kinds.
The bartender is busy selling drinks.
The air is thick, dry and dusty, but it's somehow cooler than outside and you feel a bit relaxed, though the uncomfortable(ness) of the tavern.

A plan... yes. That sounds reasonable.

Torvald will wander off from the group. He'll tuck his gear and coins inside his shadow and wander around the poorer distracts. He spends the rest of the day attempting to get the lay of the land and know whatever is available about the city and how the lower class feel. He's generous with some silver pieces if it looks like information is worth it.

If required, Gather Information: [roll0]
A default Gather Info takes 1d4+1 hours, and I'll spend all day doing it, so roll additional checks in secret if you need.

No one really wants to speak with you.

Edgar rejoins the party. "Alright, sounds like a plan."

He then will find a shop that sells weapons, art or artifacts, spices, or material components. He asks the shopkeeper, "I see you have some fairly valuable and hard-to-get goods, which you sell for a lot. Must be a decent income source, but I know you don't gather them yourself. Are there any hard-to-get goods you'd like to sell for which you don't yet have a provider?"

You quickly find a blacksmith, do you go inside or do you wish to search further?

Trufflehound
2011-08-29, 03:54 PM
You quickly find a blacksmith, do you go inside or do you wish to search further?

Edgar goes inside, and says, "I see you have some fairly valuable and hard-to-get goods, which you sell for a lot. Must be a decent income source, but I know you don't gather the materials yourself. Are there any hard-to-get metals or other materials you want, but don't yet have a supplier?"

Smith, John
2011-08-29, 11:51 PM

Bear grins and replies in druidic
Folks like us? Ya mean a half-orc an' an elf? No one knows what we are till we tell 'em.

You enter the tavern, almost all the tables are filled up with people, most of them are covered with hooded capes of different kinds.
The bartender is busy selling drinks.
The air is thick, dry and dusty, but it's somehow cooler than outside and you feel a bit relaxed, though the uncomfortable(ness) of the tavern.

Bear will approach the bartender.
'scuse me sir. I'm lookin for a drink that could kill out a bear. Ah, not literally of course.

When the bartender returns with the drink:

Me an the lady here are lookin' for a place to sleep, preferably somewhere cool an where you don't get stabbed at night. This the place? Two rooms ought to do it.

Zarae
2011-08-30, 10:40 AM
looking around at the hooded figures, a few questions formed in her mind. hearing the glass slide, she refocused turning back to the barkeep, and gave a warm friendly smile to him as Bear asked about rooms.
"and information about this...place, the whole bit of it," asking about the town and people by wide arm gestures.

Zazori
2011-08-30, 12:06 PM
Bear grins and replies in druidic
Folks like us? Ya mean a half-orc an' an elf? No one knows what we are till we tell 'em.

Bear will approach the bartender.
'scuse me sir. I'm lookin for a drink that could kill out a bear. Ah, not literally of course.

When the bartender returns with the drink:

Me an the lady here are lookin' for a place to sleep, preferably somewhere cool an where you don't get stabbed at night. This the place? Two rooms ought to do it.

A cool room down in the cellar, hmm, that would be 3 gold pieces.. each, and 2 copper pieces for the drink. The bartender answers you.

looking around at the hooded figures, a few questions formed in her mind. hearing the glass slide, she refocused turning back to the barkeep, and gave a warm friendly smile to him as Bear asked about rooms.
"and information about this...place, the whole bit of it," asking about the town and people by wide arm gestures.

You should seek experience yourself, not many around here likes newcomers.. he answers you.

Edgar goes inside, and says, "I see you have some fairly valuable and hard-to-get goods, which you sell for a lot. Must be a decent income source, but I know you don't gather the materials yourself. Are there any hard-to-get metals or other materials you want, but don't yet have a supplier?"

You are right there mate, I am actually in need of some Purple Mournlode, if you know what it is He replies.

Trufflehound
2011-08-30, 01:06 PM
"Purple Mournlode, right. Um, afraid I don't know what it is, but I should know somebody who knows what it is. If I try to get some, I'll offer it to you first..."

Edgar turns to walk out the door, and then stops and looks around. "There has got to be an easier way to do this. Tell me everything you know about Purple Mournlode. What is it and where would I get it? Aaand... what are your prices?"

Zazori
2011-09-01, 02:36 PM
It's an blighted purply ore, when it's melted and combined with a tiny bit of silver it turns to a beautiful silver metal with purple streaks, it is used against the undead as it seems to have an higher effect on them, than other metals.
It can be found either out in the desert, the worms bring them to the surface or you can travel to the worm caves and gather them, but that's fairly dangerous.
My offer depends on how much you bring and the quality of the Purple Mournlode you bring me, was that enough information? he looks at you as if deciding something.

Zarae
2011-09-01, 02:59 PM
"not a friendly people then? or just very shy clans? "
she softly bit her lip in thought and looked to Bear. then back to the groups.
"what about outside this city?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-01, 07:49 PM
Edgar says, "Thank you. I'll see if I can do anything." He tips his hat and leaves the shop.

He meets Tim outside the shop. A cloud passes over his brow. "Wait a moment. Torvald and myself were supposed to find money-making opportunities, and the druids went off to find a meal and a bed. Did we decide where we could meet?"

"No, sir."

"Dash it. Well, did you see which way they went?"

"Aye. They went thataways."

"Alright. Go find them and meet me back here when you find them. Take Ears with you."

Tim goes off to find the others; Edgar leans back against the smithy's storefront. He tosses his hat onto the ground, pulls out his harmonica, and starts playing.

[roll0]

Zazori
2011-09-02, 02:57 AM
Edgar says, "Thank you. I'll see if I can do anything." He tips his hat and leaves the shop.

He meets Tim outside the shop. A cloud passes over his brow. "Wait a moment. Torvald and myself were supposed to find money-making opportunities, and the druids went off to find a meal and a bed. Did we decide where we could meet?"

"No, sir."

"Dash it. Well, did you see which way they went?"

"Aye. They went thataways."

"Alright. Go find them and meet me back here when you find them. Take Ears with you."

Tim goes off to find the others; Edgar leans back against the smithy's storefront. He tosses his hat onto the ground, pulls out his harmonica, and starts playing.

[roll0]

You play until Tim returns, you earn a total of 1 copper and some dust.

0nimaru
2011-09-02, 04:40 AM
Hmm.. I have made my mind up about this city. Closed lipped people with no time for strangers.. just like home. I hate it.

After a long day of getting no helpful information Torvald gives up trying to talk with the unresponsive townsfolk. He returns to the tavern he saw Ariali and Bear go into and looks for the two of them.

Zazori
2011-09-02, 09:16 AM
You find them inside the tavern.

Trufflehound
2011-09-02, 10:19 AM
Edgar meets the group at the tavern. "Hey Bear, Ariali, Talky-person. I found two promising job leads." He tosses a copper into the air. "But I also found that the people of this city don't appreciate good music. This place better not be pricey."

0nimaru
2011-09-02, 03:08 PM
Torvald smiles and throws up his arms in distant greeting as Edgar arrives.
Ah. It is good that you found some options for employment. You will have to elaborate on them later in detail... perhaps around fewer questing ears and eyes.

I, myself, sacrificed my time, my safety, and my hygiene lurking around the filthy underbelly of this city. I revealed many secret plans and plots... Sadly, when followed to their ends, all of these secrets and plots ended in "Nobody wants to talk to Torvald."

Clearly a mystery, this city of tight-lipped, loose-fingered, ugly-eyed...
Torvald trails off, mumbling to himself further small insults directed at the populace. He continues to follow the conversation while mumbling.

Zarae
2011-09-02, 03:57 PM
the druidess indicates all they head over to an unoccupied table.
"well, that guy," head motioning back twords the barkeep, "says folks dont like new people. so that may explain part of it."

Trufflehound
2011-09-02, 08:02 PM
"Ugly-eyed?"

Zarae
2011-09-02, 09:39 PM
her face showed the confusion. tho her grasp of the human tongue had gotten better, some thing didnt translate well, nor did she always understand usuage of many colloquialisms.
"ugly-eyed? this does not make sense.."

0nimaru
2011-09-02, 09:45 PM
goat-bred, mule-training, children of... wait what? Well yes, Ugly-eyed. Were you not getting filthy looks from the local populace? They've been an overall uninviting people as far as their interaction with the newly arrived.

I suggest we... err... nevermind. You wouldn't agree with my plans. I'll just have to do them late at night when you're asleep and can't stop me and all the things happening to.... So, what were these jobs?

Torvald hails the tavern keeper and orders drinks for everybody at the table who would like them.

Trufflehound
2011-09-03, 08:47 AM
"Oh, the jobs? With one we trek across the desert to some worm-infested caves, and get some purple mournlode ore. Some blacksmith wants some; we probably could get decent prices for it. The other job is to be in front of some store tomorrow at an hour past midnight."

Zazori
2011-09-03, 06:16 PM
You all get a drink each. ( who wants it )

2cp each drink.

Zarae
2011-09-04, 05:54 PM
"the desert sounds... interesting. never been in one."
to the waitress, "do yall have something non-alcoholic?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-04, 08:44 PM
"I've never been to it either, but I've heard so many tales about it. Heroes, mummies, oceans of sand, caravans of elephants carrying sugar from the mines... I'd love to finally see it."

Zazori
2011-09-05, 01:43 AM
"the desert sounds... interesting. never been in one."
to the waitress, "do yall have something non-alcoholic?"

We have some water, if you'd like.

0nimaru
2011-09-05, 03:33 AM
Elephants? I don't know why you'd go through the trouble. Back home we would simply have the sla-... ... ...

Torvald looks around at his companions and considers their personalities a moment before continuing his statement.
the... happily unpaid workers haul all of the loads through the hot sands. Yes, Indeed. I think the desert sounds quite fine for our work, although that's not to say I'm against midnight work of a questionable nature... so I'm in for either.

Smith, John
2011-09-05, 09:01 AM
Well, I've got no problems myself with the desert, but I figure that shop is a lot closer.

We gotta get some money fast, we're burnin' 3 gold a night to sleep here.

Trufflehound
2011-09-05, 10:01 AM
"The shop is closer, but we'd have to wait until tomorrow. And technically they didn't promise us a job yet, so we might end up wasting a day. So I vote we go see those elephants, or... happily unpaid workers. They use volunteer labor? That's interesting... I'd think it would be easier to use elephants right away."

Smith, John
2011-09-05, 08:01 PM
Well ya see, the problem with makin' wild animals do your work is they won't do what they don't want to. I bet its easier to make a man want to sweat in the sun all day than it is to make a elephant move an inch more than he pleases.

Completely ignoring his own advice,

Philosophic discussions aside, now that you mention it I've always wanted to ride an elephant. And I myself and pretty handy with animals.

Zarae
2011-09-05, 09:02 PM
"elephants? i've never seen one. we can ride some?" her voice showing the interest and excitement clearly.

Trufflehound
2011-09-06, 08:52 AM
"Elephants won't move an inch? I bet you can make them move more easily than you can make my mule move. Do you know how much a pack elephant would cost?"

0nimaru
2011-09-09, 01:59 PM
Torvald goggles at the pachyderm discussion unfolding before him.
Well... It sounds as though we are in agreement? We'll choose to go into the unknown dangers of the desert with the small chance of elephants rather than the unknown intrigues of the city with an even smaller chance of elephants? If that is our decision, I'm going to retire for the night. I have a great deal of writing to be done, and I'd like to get it down while it's fresh in my mind.

Torvald leaves some coppers on the table for the drinks and heads up to the rooms.

Edit: I don't remember if I actually rented a room.. if I didn't, I'll just look for any unlocked, empty, room and hide under the bed.

Trufflehound
2011-09-13, 07:40 PM
After tossing down money for his drinks, Edgar likewise heads to his room for the night.

Smith, John
2011-09-14, 12:37 PM
Bear will consume more than is probably healthy, and head downstairs to sleep in the basements.

Zazori
2011-09-14, 12:42 PM
And pow, it's morning again, it's early but it's still hot outside.

Zarae
2011-09-14, 02:19 PM
Ariali heads upstairs back to the tavern main room at dawn. she sat in a strange location, a high window sill in silent meditation and contemplation as others of her group appeared.
hopping down with graceful moves, she headed over.
"so, off on elephants inland then today?"
she pulls out a piece of venison jerky to eat as she asked.

Trufflehound
2011-09-14, 05:12 PM
"Aye. Off to the desert. I don't know if we can afford an elephant yet, but soon we will. We only need to find pieces of purple metal on top of the sand, or follow worms to the worm caves, and gather the metal there." Edgar says, doffing his hat to the elf.

"Wait. Maybe by worm the fellow meant serpents. That could be dangerous. Though I don't see why he wouldn't have meant wyrm, so as to speak, dragons. Dragons do often live in caves."

Edgar sits down and muses for a moment before brightening up.

"Well, if you want to fry eggs, you've got to crack em sooner or later. You ate eggs where you came from, right?" he adds, glancing up at the window.

0nimaru
2011-09-14, 08:16 PM
Torvald creeps into the common room in a hopelessly unstealthy manner. He works his way over to the table with Edgar and sits down, quickly ordering a meal of whatever passes for breakfast.
"Eggs? Those don't feel agony, so I don't see how somebody could enjoy eating them. The best meals are ones where you know something struggled desperately.. and then failed and you ate it.

It's why I enjoy bread so much. Wheat lives a hard life."

Torvald starts into his meal when it arrives.

Smith, John
2011-09-14, 08:30 PM
Bear will lumber into the common room and join the party, and also order a meal

Ya know, thats mighty profound for a fast-talker like yourself. I once saw J.D. here chase down and eat another dog, changed my whole perspective on natural life. Learned you can eat anything, as long as you're bigger than it. I'll take you huntin' one day.

Zarae
2011-09-14, 09:33 PM
You ate eggs where you came from, right?"
joining with the males at the table, "yes sometimes, tho most of the birds on the island were not the best for foods," the small owl flapping to land on her shoulder as she sat, "we mostly ate meats like venison," showing a piece she had started to bite into, "and naturally grown plants."
a couple more bites as they were talking, "life seams so simple and rather peaceful back home after being here in these cities."
chuckling at Torvald, "i have never thought of bread having such a hard life," she jested as a plate of food was set before her.
"did he give anything else?" she asked biting into the green fruit from her plate, "and why would he send us to find stuff in dragon caves?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-15, 10:56 AM
Looking at Torvald and Bear, Edgar adds, "Personally, I like my food dead."

"But dragon caves? There's this metal that blacksmiths love, because when you mix it with other metals it turns them purple. I think he said that the worms collect it there. I suppose dragons do tend to hoard precious metals. Even if we don't get the right type, we should get plenty of other money there. But it could be worse. I heard that the only places they collect mithril are infested with orcs, trolls, giant flaming demons. Well, I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is."

Zazori
2011-09-16, 06:34 AM
You leave the city, walking out into the desert.

In what direction do you want to go?
East.
North.
West.

Zarae
2011-09-16, 12:53 PM
"Bear, give me a lift up and i'll see if i can see anything standing higher"
(if there is nothing around to stand on. if so, scrath having spoken and is standing on it and look out to decide a feasible direction. tho im up for any.)

Smith, John
2011-09-16, 02:07 PM
Bear will help her onto the nearest rock/dune/cactus available.

Failing that Les start walking west. Always wanted to walk into a sunset.

Zazori
2011-09-16, 02:40 PM
You begin walking west.
After walking for about 3 hours, Bear's right leg sinks into the sand and is stuck.

Zarae
2011-09-16, 04:39 PM
((it was more of a let her on your shoulders.))

she jumped to the side in reaction-instinct before realizing her friend was sinking into the sand. making sure her footing was secure she reached out a hand to help pull. despite her lithe frail looking form, she was rather strong.

0nimaru
2011-09-16, 05:48 PM
Torvald considers for a moment.. then puts his book away and reaches out for Bear's other arm and feebly attempts to pull him out.

Addressing Edgar while pulling on Bear,
"I don't suppose there were any other helpful gems you haven't mentioned yet? This desert is blistering hot, and I'm wearing black."

Smith, John
2011-09-16, 05:56 PM
My bad. Although if we can walk for three hours without incident, I doubt it would have helped much.

Bear, with the help of Ariali, will attempt to pull himself free.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Zazori
2011-09-17, 02:22 AM
Bear gets pulled free.

The sand doesn't fall down and fill up the hole, but stays in its shape.
As you peek down you see some kind of wood down at the bottom, it looks as if it was worked with by intelligent creatures.

Smith, John
2011-09-17, 07:21 AM
Bet you its a mite cooler beneath the sand. I say we go.

0nimaru
2011-09-17, 12:13 PM
"I agree Bear. It would be nice to get out of the sun, but... I'm suspicious of this. If I were a man of questionable morals, which I am of course not, somewhere convenient like this could serve as a good place to store smuggled goods.. or to lie in wait for caravans leaving the city. We should be cautious for bandits."

Zarae
2011-09-17, 03:02 PM
"trap?" she started to ask, picking up a small rock and dropping it in to see what would happen. "would bandits sit in this heat and wait for the small chance someone with actual stuff would happen by?"

Smith, John
2011-09-17, 05:40 PM
Bear thinks for a moment.

If goods are worth hiding, they're worth somethin'. Meaning they're something worth takin'. I'm all for caution, but I say we go in.

However, he will wait to see if the rock draws a reaction from the hole.

Zazori
2011-09-18, 11:10 AM
When he rock hits the wood, it makes an hollow sound, but nothing happens.

Smith, John
2011-09-18, 11:26 AM
Bear shrugs, casts Bark Skin on himself, and slides down the hole.

Zazori
2011-09-18, 11:31 AM
As you hit the wood it makes a loud cracking sound, but it does not break.

Zarae
2011-09-18, 12:28 PM
"your weight and size, be careful," she calls down. then, "well, what do you notice?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-18, 05:57 PM
Edgar glares at Torvald. "I'm wearing black too, in case you didn't notice. I'm sorry if you're overheating, but I didn't think to bring you a parasol. Really, it's the mule I'm more worried about. Even if we can hide underground there, it has to stay in the sun."

Smith, John
2011-09-18, 06:09 PM
Bear will feel around, trying to get some estimation of what he's standing on.

Specifically, how big is it? Roof sized or treasure chest sized? What am I working with here?

0nimaru
2011-09-18, 09:12 PM
Torvald glances at Edgar with a confused look
"Of course I noticed what you were wearing, but why would I complain *FOR* you? Every man deserves his own complaints, and I'll not be the one to take that right from you. I exercise my right loudly and frequently, and I'll not have some foreigner take it from me, not over my dead body!

Oh.. Should we look around for a place to tie up the mule? Or should we convert him into trail rations? I've got a sharp implement around here somewhere....

Zazori
2011-09-19, 01:10 AM
You try to knock on it, to listen to the hollow sound, you also feel around on it, you get the feeling that this is big really big, and just underneath you, it's hollow.

Zarae
2011-09-20, 09:10 AM
"a passage? like a door?" she asked the Bear, hearing the soft hollow sounds from the knock. Even Fyre had postioned to look down into the hole. curious and concerned about what would happen in the hole, she had missed most of the other two 'discussing' how hot it was. looking up to either of them, "yall have any spells of use?"

Smith, John
2011-09-20, 11:14 AM
More like a roof I'm thinking. An no spells, less you're in the mood to light this wood on fire. Which might work. Or you could pass down that sharp implement. Or I could just jump again.

0nimaru
2011-09-20, 12:05 PM
Torvald turns to Bear in the hole.
We're currently dealing with mule related problems.

I could set it afire if you wanted, but I don't think this situation calls for it. We don't know what's below it, and more than we want could end up burning. I think you jumping a few times, or stomping on it, would be a better idea Bear.

Zazori
2011-09-20, 12:58 PM
A bird flies by and screams "Theeeheeee!!"

Actually, I just wanted to tell you that I'm still around :3

Trufflehound
2011-09-20, 01:24 PM
"No, I don't have any spells that should help, and I didn't think to pack an axe. I'll have to pick one up next time we're in town. So you may as well jump."
And turning to Torvald, "We could kill the mule, but we don't have anything to cook it with. If we had wood for a fire, or any drying racks to make jerky, it would be possible, but we don't. And the meat would get sandy anyway."

Smith, John
2011-09-20, 01:26 PM
Putting the full force of his weight into it, Bear begins stomping, jumping and otherwise attempting to smash through the floor/roof he is standing on.

Taking 20 on this strength check, assuming time isn't an issue.
If it is, here is the first attempt [roll0]

Zarae
2011-09-20, 02:45 PM
the girl pulls out the sai strapped to her boot, and leans down to stretch it twords Bear, "try this first? if its a roof, there is no telling how far of a fall."
then another thought, "what if i cast entangle so when it gives out, the vines are holding you up?"

edit: she's gunna try casting entangle to hold him when/if it gives out.

Zazori
2011-09-21, 01:54 AM
The wood breaks, and you would have fallen down if you weren't entangled.
Beneath the wood there are stairs going down underground.

Zarae
2011-09-21, 03:43 PM
"alright?" she asked as the floor gave way and Bear was held by the vines.

((can i manipulate them to extend to let him down on the floor?
after he is down, then i guess i will head down tho do i need to roll anything?))

Trufflehound
2011-09-22, 08:53 AM
Edgar rummages through his pack for a moment, pulling out a lantern and lighting it. He hands it to Bear whenever Bear is ready. "I have torches if you prefer."

Smith, John
2011-09-22, 04:12 PM
Nah, I'm not hurt. Thanks for that.

He kicks out the remaining fragments of wood beneath him, then attempts climbing down.

Eh, I prefer my own eyes. Not much down here I can't already see. Orc-blood doing me some good I guess.

I suppose me an' Ariali could work some magic to keep the mule cool, but nothin' to get it down in this hole. I suppose the final word as to what becomes of 'im is up to you, but I'd like to add that mule is not a tasty animal. Cept for dogs.

Climb [roll0]

Half orc, dark vision. Also, he uses both hands in combat. Sorry to ruin the party.

And, how far down are the steps? I'm thinking about just throwing J.D. off the edge.

Zazori
2011-09-23, 02:41 AM
They're not very far down, you could easily jump down on them.

Trufflehound
2011-09-23, 09:34 AM
Edgar stares at the mule for a moment and turns back to Torvald. "I can cast prestidigitation about three times and cool him off for an hour each time. Do you think that would keep it alive for the day?"

If the answer is no, he turns to Tim. "Well, take the saddle, pack and all, and dump it here by the hole. Take the mule back to Rajarra where you can find some shade. If it's getting really hot, get it wet; you can use drinking water first, and create water afterwards. If it survives, rest and feed it overnight and try to sell it in the morning. If we're not back by then, don't try to find us; just spend the days in the city square waiting. If we're not back within a week, you're free to spend your life, and the money from selling the mule, how you wish."

Zarae
2011-09-23, 01:19 PM
"no elephants or worms, but this might be fun!"
Fyre hops off her shoulder an lands on the sand beside the entrance. when Bear is down and out of range, the lythari looked to the others before climbing down into the whole.

the owl follows suit, flying down and doing a preliminary scouting search

if she falls, will react to that. tho if caught while falling, yay! lol
[roll0] owl spot
[roll1] owl listen
[roll2] owl move silently

0nimaru
2011-09-23, 03:01 PM
Torvald considers for a moment before answer,
"Well.. staying cool is the trick. I've been inside many dark places in my life, but I can't predict how long we'll be down this one. What if we decide that if we don't find anything of interest in 3 hours we will return? In this way your mule should be fine, assuming sand sharks or desert elephants don't eat him."

With that, Torvald follows down the hole, as graceful as a deaf bat.
Climb:[roll0]

Zazori
2011-09-23, 03:06 PM
Torvald falls down the hole and tumbles down the stairs bringing everyone with him as there is not enough space to jump out of his way.
Everyone takes [roll0] non-lethal damage.

The fire in the lantern is put out on the way down.
Everyone with a light source can see that you are at a three-way split.

Trufflehound
2011-09-23, 05:02 PM
Edgar casts prestidigitation and flops down in the sand. He cools off his clothes, the mule's fur, and the sand the mule is lying on. He colors the sand to make paintings of lakeside scenes. He makes lots of little bricks and stacks them to make a shade wall in front of the mule. He puts a pebble in his mouth and flavors it. After a while, in between cooling sessions, he starts making piles of crude little fireworks and setting them off. Repeat as needed until anyone else gets back.

Zarae
2011-09-23, 06:38 PM
the elven girl shook her head after getting up, moving the person who fell off her enough to do so.
"next time, you go first," she commented to Tovold, dusting herself off and taking a look around.

0nimaru
2011-09-23, 10:42 PM
Torvald takes his time untangling himself and making sure his book is safe,
"I see how it is..."
Torvald attempts an imitation of Ariali,
"Oh no. Mr.Bear is falling down the hole. I should apply all of my naturey powers to save him. This despite him being muscely enough to wrestle an angry duneworm.

Ooops.. here comes Torvald.. I'll just watch."

"Filthy dirt-elf mocking me.. show her who's boss.. although the landing was enjoyable, excepting the part where Bear got in the way..."

Zarae
2011-09-24, 01:39 AM
"technically," sighing but not getting an attitude about it and even offering a hand to any who need it, " the spell was before he fell through, as none of us knew what was below. who suggested that anyway?" she paused, no hint of any frustration in her voice. then continued, "i didnt have time to get another one out as i had just touched down. besides you landed on top. but is everyone ok?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-25, 06:10 PM
Oh, a hint. I may as well get it then.

Edgar quickly tires of cooling down his mule, realizes that the party couldn't do much to help later, and sends Tim off with the aforementioned speech. He takes his staff in hand, whip in belt and fedora on head, walks over to the pit, calling forth "Well, forget about that nuisance of a mule, I'm getting out of this heat" He climbs down using one hand and holding his staff and hat in the other.

Climb: [roll0]

Zazori
2011-09-26, 02:15 AM
Edgar gets safely down to the stairs.

0nimaru
2011-09-26, 05:31 PM
Torvald scrambles around for the lantern that fell with him and attempts to reignite it. He then takes a look around.

Smith, John
2011-09-27, 08:00 PM
Bear helps the darkness blinded human his lantern.

Not a bad tumble, just had a bit too much Torvald in it. Watch yourself next time.

Wait up a bit, theres something I gotta fetch.
He'll return to the entrance, whistle for his dog, and attempt to catch J.D. when he jumps in.

When he comes back down the stairs he has his club and shield out, and dog in tow. Now I'm ready. How we gonna go about doing this? indicating the three passages.

I have no idea what you'd roll to catch a jumping dog.

Also how wide of a hallway are we dealing with here?

Zarae
2011-09-27, 09:46 PM
"i will carry the light source," she volunteers since she didnt fight and normally wouldnt carry a weapon in hand.

Zazori
2011-09-28, 08:04 AM
You see the 3 passages that I mentioned earlier.

They look about the same and they are about the same size (2 medium creatures can walk next to each other, but with little space to move in.)

Trufflehound
2011-09-28, 01:14 PM
"Well, we've only got one lantern, so we probably shouldn't split up. Let's go through the center one. It'll be easy to find our way back if we always go through the center passageway."

0nimaru
2011-09-28, 07:07 PM
Torvald hands Edgar's lantern over to Ariali.
"I don't necessarily need both my hands free to defend myself either, but it makes just as much sense for you to hold it.

So... Shall we send the animal forward first in case the floor collapses?

Torvald gestures vaguely towards Dog and Bear.

Smith, John
2011-09-28, 10:17 PM
Bear puts on what can best be described as a care-free snarl.
An' we can put the noisy one in the back. Only time he'd be quiet was if something unfortunate happened.

Nevertheless, he pauses before taking the lead. I mean, we're underground already, right? Its not like we could fall much further... with that, he glances up at the ceiling. Hope no more half-orcs or elephants walk by meanwhile.

Zarae
2011-09-29, 09:33 AM
the lythari took the latern and held it up looking down each path.
"now, now boys," she rebukes very playfully with her best attempt at a mothering tone the girl could manage, "your both sorta...right. I doubt we would find stairs onto of a giant abyss. and if anyone is down here, they have already heard us by now."
she looks at them with a 'ready?' and heads down the center stairs.

[roll0] move silently

Zazori
2011-09-29, 10:00 AM
You walk for a while, and then encounter another 3 way split, these go further downwards.

Zarae
2011-09-29, 07:34 PM
whispering as she shines the light to see down each way, "any chance any of yall have something like paint or ink or a way to mark which way we're going before we pick the next path?"

Trufflehound
2011-09-29, 08:42 PM
"Well, like I said, if we always go down the center path we can't get lost. I do have ink, but not a lot, so we should be sparing. Otherwise I might as well get rid of my paper right away. Here we go." Edgar says, producing a bottle.

Smith, John
2011-09-29, 10:19 PM
Won't be that hard to get out. Just walk backwards.

Bear will continue down the center hall, with his dog a few (5) feet behind and beside him.

Zarae
2011-09-30, 02:24 AM
"right now it may be easy, but if their like the caves of back home, this could become more of a maze," pointing at the bottle, "just a dab on the passage to mark which one we came through should be enough. its just-in-case kinda thing. unless one of you who know how to write want to scratch a sign int he stone."

0nimaru
2011-09-30, 02:37 AM
"If required, I also have some ink. I use it when writing my book. It's meant for parchment though, so if the walls get rough we'd have to see how well it would take... Better by far to use all of Edgar's first. Just so we don't waste any of mine if it doesn't work.. of course."

Zazori
2011-09-30, 02:43 AM
You walk down the center one and then encounters a third split.
There are 2 ways, they do not go down, you can see that both of them ends up in wooden doors.

Smith, John
2011-09-30, 07:48 AM
I'm thinkin' left.

Once everyone has made their preparations, he will walk up and knock on the door.

Zarae
2011-09-30, 03:27 PM
the passage marked for later reference (like a simple symbol/script letter in ink on the wall) and now going down another path.

"you dont supose we will be unwelcome guest, do you?" she whispers holding the light up at the door to see anything on it. the owl ruffled her feathers as she sat on Ariali's shoulder. "we could use a fly famailar right about now," she joked softly.

(is there a gap under the door? light or anything coming thru? idea: mirror slide under and see if anything can be seen)
listen- [roll0]
spot- [roll1]
search- [roll2]

Zazori
2011-09-30, 04:24 PM
OOC
There is a gap/gab (spelled?), underneatht he door, but no light shines through underneath.

Sorry for any spelling errors in this post :3
I was drunk last night when I wrote it, I'm not going to correct it, because I think it's fun to read ^^

Zazori
2011-10-01, 01:08 PM
You cannot see anything when you look under the door.

You walk up and open the door, it reveals a square room, about 50x50ft big.
In the center of the room there is a chest, on top of the chest there is an owl, the owl wears a gold crown, around the chest there lies some gold coins.

Zarae
2011-10-03, 01:15 PM
"somethings not right," seeing the room, "who leaves there stuff behind?"

0nimaru
2011-10-03, 01:55 PM
"Perhaps they have transcended the needs of greed and decided to leave behind a boon to whoever followed behind, to lead them along the righteous path."

Torvald smiles and points at the pile of objects in the room.
"In which case, it'd be offensive to not take their gift. I think you should grab it. . . "

In a quiet, yet audible voice, Torvald says to himself,
*On the other hand it may be we have fallen into a city swallowed by the sands. In that case this may be a treasury. That means it's probably trapped and touching it will kill her... I don't think she needs to know that. No, she'll be fine. Elves are springy like rubber, so I'm sure the death traps will bounce off of her.*

Zarae
2011-10-03, 10:57 PM
Ariali looks at Torvold semi confused on his behavior- the talking aloud, "why? i dont have a need for shiney metals," she replied, turning to look back to the other door the back at the owl. "if he's real, he's not doing anything." Fyre makes a few sounds to try to communicate with the owl.

((playing the character and her thoughts on coins. tho the rogue in me- what i usually play, wants that treasure so bad!))
and since the party split, we have no rogue...

Trufflehound
2011-10-05, 12:03 PM
50x50' room, lantern with a 15-ft radius of light, can't see nothing.

"What are you guys talking about? Could you at least move the lantern far enough forward that I can see it, Ariali?"

Zarae
2011-10-05, 02:52 PM
"here," allowing him to take the lantern to see for himself.

Trufflehound
2011-10-06, 04:47 PM
"Ah, thanks. So we have... chest, I think, an owl, with a crown. Gold coins sprinkled about. But why would an owl have a crown? Unless we came across the hidden capital of the owl empire, that's a statue. Judging by the crown, it's an idol. Torvald might know more about the owl-worshipping habits of the natives, but I haven't a clue. But let's not stupidly desecrate temples. Dangerous." Edgar says, and pauses.

"But if that is an idol," he firmly adds as he sheds his cloak, draws his whip and adjusts his fedora, "I'll be taking it."

Zarae
2011-10-07, 04:47 PM
"Fyre says its not speaking to her, so its most probably an object."

Trufflehound
2011-10-07, 04:49 PM
Edgar picks up the owl and tosses it to Ariali, and then, if nothing dramatic happens, picks up and counts the gold coins, marking the number on some paper.

Zarae
2011-10-08, 11:55 AM
((assuming nothing happened when he grabbed it, before tossing:

with the lamp not in her hands, it made it easy to catch the owl coming at her. She then proceded to look it over.

search? [roll0]

Zazori
2011-10-10, 10:49 AM
As Edgar moves towards the chest and the owl, the floor underneath him and all around the chest crumbles away, Edgar manages to jump out of the way and back to safety.

Zarae
2011-10-10, 12:07 PM
"are you ok?" reacting as quick as she could to reach out and grab the guy as the floor fell, an him managing to land back with the others.
"why hide your stuff in caves below if you cant do anything with them? thats...silly."

Trufflehound
2011-10-10, 01:15 PM
Edgar breathes heavily as he regains his feet. "Thanks. Dash the unstable floors. First Bear nearly falls through, then me... shoddy architecture overall. Must be gnomish work."

He picks his way around the hole, walking gingerly, ready to dive back if the floor gives way again. If it doesn't, he tosses the owl *to* Ariali and picks up the gold coins. "Looks like a few fell into the hole, pity that. I think I'll appropriate these for the maintenance funds; hotels and food and whatnot."

Edgar mutters thanks to Ariali for helping him up, and then lashes out with his whip to hit the owl.

Zazori
2011-10-14, 01:37 PM
As you hit the owl it turns to dust.

0nimaru
2011-10-14, 02:59 PM
Torvald blinks quickly, quite impressed by the sight.
"That is rather amazing. I would have personally preferred to steal it and sell it though. Were you worried that it would set off some trap and decided to destroy it instead?"

Trufflehound
2011-10-14, 03:31 PM
"Well, I mostly was just angry about the collapsing. Because that wasn't just poor gnomish architecture; that was a trap. Someone was trying to kill people, specifically me. And I can't stand that." Edgar puts his whip in his belt. "But I don't think the owl was worth anything anyway, it's the crown we want. And I detected magic inside of the chest. That magic's probably worth something if they're guarding it with a one-use trap."

Zarae
2011-10-14, 03:39 PM
"well," looking down into the hole left behind, "just gotta deal with that."
Fyre flapped her wings and took air circling around the room. (if nothing happens) Ariali took the lamp and lowered it slightly into the hole to look, the owl's circling lowering down to see inside also.
"what do you see Fyre?"

(does the owl need a search or spot? she did it earlier, but it apparently wasnt used i think.)

Zazori
2011-10-14, 04:57 PM
"well," looking down into the hole left behind, "the chest went down there. But this all still makes no sense."
Fyre flapped her wings and took air circling around the room. (if nothing happens) Ariali took the lamp and lowered it slightly into the hole to look, the owl's circling lowering down to see inside also.
"what do you see Fyre?"

(does the owl need a search or spot? she did it earlier, but it apparently wasnt used i think.)

The chest did not fall down.
C = chest
X= collapsed floor.
XXX
XCX
XXX
The chest is at same height as you.

Smith, John
2011-10-15, 12:30 PM
Bear whistles, and a chunk of the collapsed floor stands up, grabs the chest, and brings it to the party.

Summon Natures Ally II on that. Small earth elemental ftw.

Zazori
2011-10-15, 01:19 PM
Bear whistles, and a chunk of the collapsed floor stands up, grabs the chest, and brings it to the party.

Summon Natures Ally II on that. Small earth elemental ftw.

How much can it carry and can it fly? :D

Smith, John
2011-10-17, 11:10 AM
17 strength and it can 'earth glide' through (and up) walls.

EDIT: Trufflehound answered the question far more completely back in the OOC thread.

Zazori
2011-10-17, 01:41 PM
The elemental fetches the chest and brings it back.

Zarae
2011-10-17, 02:11 PM
"should we be taking their stuff? and how do you intend to open it if its locked?"

Trufflehound
2011-10-17, 04:20 PM
"Nobody could have been here for a few years; they would have fallen through the floor. I think it's safe to say this is abandoned material. If you want to be safe though, we can post a classified in the Rujarra paper, and call it ours if nobody brings proof of ownership. As it is, it was just sheer luck finding this place in the desert."

0nimaru
2011-10-17, 08:02 PM
"Rujarra has no reliable way that I noticed to spread news. If it did, Rujarra has no reliable people. A notice of that nature would be like screaming to have our new wealth taken, and our throats slit in the night for good measure.

Besides, I have already put forth the theory that these are possibly, slightly likely, the ruins of people who ascended beyond mortal needs. It fits with the symbol of the owl, taking flight beyond fleshly cares.. and coughing up mice. It would be a dishonor to those noble people to not plunder everything we find, including any religious icons we find."

Zarae
2011-10-18, 09:21 AM
"your reasoning doesnt make that much since, but who knows. we ready to keep exploring or discuss a chest all day?" she hopped up (nothing seen own below with the lamp? or by the owl?) a warm smile on her face and eagerness to explore.

Trufflehound
2011-10-18, 10:05 AM
"Lady, you might want to have your owl fly down and grab that crown. Even if it isn't ours, we might be able to find the owner somewhere around here."

Smith, John
2011-10-18, 11:26 AM
Bear nods, a greedy grin on his face.

Yup, just doin' our part to make the world a more friendly place.

If the elemental is still around, Bear will instruct it to open the chest.

If 18 seconds have passed and the elemental is gone, Bear will attempt to open the chest on the off-chance it is unlocked. Failing that, he will draw his club and use it to forcefully pick the lock.

Zarae
2011-10-18, 12:01 PM
"Lady, you might want to have your owl fly down and grab that crown. Even if it isn't ours, we might be able to find the owner somewhere around here."

ooc: technically i did, just not word if anything was seen. so he's telling her something she's already doing/done

Zazori
2011-10-18, 02:52 PM
The owl fetches the crown.

And the chest is unlocked, inside there lies 1 ring.

Trufflehound
2011-10-19, 09:33 AM
"I've heard a maxim, 'Magic rings are not to be trifled with.'" Edgar says as he glances over.

Zarae
2011-10-19, 01:46 PM
the lythari reached out to take the object from the owl, Fyre landing on her shoulder.
"what do we have here?" she asked herself in her native elven tongue. In hand she turns it over to look at in curosity.
Looking up to the open chest, "all that trouble for a ring?" stumped by the ways of the cultures.

Trufflehound
2011-10-19, 01:56 PM
Edgar looks over and laughs. "Ay, all that trouble for a ring. Myself, I couldn't care less about the ring; I just want an elephant. I think an elephant would be nice."

0nimaru
2011-10-20, 04:20 PM
Torvald bends down and picks up the ring.
"I'm not too proud to wear a ring from some long-dead civilization. Rings are fine jewelery and they make it hurt your hand more when you punch people. Not that I get up to that kind of behavior. No. Not at all."

If nothing happens and nobody objects, Torvald puts on the ring and examines how it looks in the faint light.

Zazori
2011-10-22, 04:16 AM
You feel nothing, but it looks great!

Zarae
2011-10-22, 11:58 AM
"well, now you got finger jewelry. from customs in the mainland, doesnt that mean your bonded with someone," trying to think of the equivalent phrase, "marriage?"
She softly giggled, "well. shall we continue on the tunnels?"

Trufflehound
2011-10-22, 04:00 PM
Edgar starts singing The Owl and The Pussycat and walks away to the other door.

0nimaru
2011-10-22, 04:24 PM
Satisfied that he looks fabulous, Torvald misinterprets Ariali's words.
"Ah. Were that it could be little woman. Sadly I am married to my work and the greater concept of Deceit. I could never take your hand in marriage, and I grow confused at just the thought of what a three-way marriage like that would cause.

I would come home late, Deceit would lie to me, you would tell the truth. I would argue with her. She would claim to be a concept and that I was mad. You would be an elf. The children simply wouldn't understand.
*sigh*
I simply can't live that life. I hope you understand."

After looking briefly wistful from his own story Torvald perks up and follows Edgar.

Zarae
2011-10-24, 09:38 PM
lamp in hand and heading to the door, she turned to look back at Torvold, confused at the expression first then his misunderstanding of what she said.
"Did I speak that wrong?" she whispered looking to the other two as he spoke.
then shrugged.

She walked to the other door, and attempted to open it.

Trufflehound
2011-10-24, 10:08 PM
Edgar whispers back, "Eh, I'm pretty sure he thinks you're the owl to his pussycat. But we don't only use rings when we get married, but also when we get engaged, just so you know."

Zazori
2011-10-25, 01:13 AM
You reach the door, do you open it?

Zarae
2011-10-25, 09:02 AM
ooc: yep (mentioned she did up there :smallwink::smalltongue:)

Zazori
2011-10-25, 09:57 AM
ooc: yep (mentioned she did up there :smallwink::smalltongue:)

Sorriee (:

The door opens up to a tunnel ending a door.

Smith, John
2011-10-26, 08:16 PM
Bear will proceed down the tunnel, and open the next door.

Zarae
2011-10-28, 07:46 PM
Ariali looks still confused at Edgar's explanation, but decides she might be better off not asking.

at the next door, she holds the light up better see and allow the others to see.

Zazori
2011-10-29, 04:51 AM
The door is locked.

Zazori
2011-11-01, 11:18 PM
The door is now magically unlocked.

(Will update the game when I'm back from Berlin)

Smith, John
2011-11-02, 06:38 PM
Bear pokes the lock inquisitively.

With an extremely confident "Uh... I meant to do that. " he'll open the door and stride on in.

Zazori
2011-11-04, 03:34 PM
It opens up to what seems like a rather large room, with wooden benches and chairs lined up.
several unlit torches hang around on the walls, up in the far left corner there is something that looks like a bar, there is a door up there.
there is also 3 other doors, one on the right wall, more or less at the center of the wall.
one more at the far wall, in the other corner tho.
one just next to the one you came from.

Trufflehound
2011-11-04, 06:07 PM
"If you would put a collapsing floor in this room, where would you put it?" Edgar says as he walks over to the bar.

0nimaru
2011-11-04, 08:03 PM
"If it were me? I would put it on the ceiling."
Torvald walks over and tests the latches on all 3 doors to see if they are locked, but without opening any of them.

Zarae
2011-11-04, 09:42 PM
Ariali waled to the center of the room and held the lamp up to get the most of the light for the rest.

Zazori
2011-11-05, 02:51 AM
"If you would put a collapsing floor in this room, where would you put it?" Edgar says as he walks over to the bar.

As you step up next to the bar, the floor crumbles away..

You get to the bar, there is a few bottles of red vine, they are very very dusty.
There is no dust on the door handle tho.

Ariali waled to the center of the room and held the lamp up to get the most of the light for the rest.

You succeed in giving everyone a reasonable light.

"If it were me? I would put it on the ceiling."
Torvald walks over and tests the latches on all 3 doors to see if they are locked, but without opening any of them.

No locks.

0nimaru
2011-11-07, 11:07 PM
"Well, nothing locked so far. This door looks like it's seem some recent traffic though. By things that can open doors. Sounds exciting."
Torvald opens the dustless door near the bar. He waves for somebody to shine some light down the hallway and looks about.

Zarae
2011-11-08, 10:10 AM
Ariali lifts the light more up as tall as she can get it. if the others decided to go that way, then she would move over to that door.
"what do you see?" she asked as quiet as she could, "why would someone live so far underground? if their dwarves...i heard they lived underground, this place might be a bit larger than i woulda guessed."

Zazori
2011-11-08, 11:51 AM
You see a stairway down, it ends in another door.

In the dust on the stair you can see footprints, the stair have been used several times.

0nimaru
2011-11-13, 02:43 PM
"There's a well traveled path down here. I'll give it a look. If I don't return.. come and save me."
Torvald goes down the stairs slowly and stops in front of the door. He stands as far back from the door as he can while shrinking back meekly, hand over face, and tries to open the door.

Trufflehound
2011-11-13, 08:01 PM
As that man opens the door, Edgar will cast ventriloquism, with the voice appearing to come from beyond the door that Torvald opens. "My visible twin. I always begrudged you your body; I've waited so long for a good opportunity to kill you. And now, brother Torvald, you come to me, miles away from the city, with no competent friends willing to defend you. MWAHAHA!"

Smith, John
2011-11-13, 08:10 PM
Not competent?

Bear charges into the room.

Zarae
2011-11-13, 10:24 PM
Ariali paused hearing the voice. "wait..." she started but it was too late. the one with the light, she followed quietly, observing the size and any distinguishing marks about the footprints.

roll?

Zazori
2011-11-14, 11:08 AM
Not competent?

Bear charges into the room.

You charge into the room, it's a medium sized room with two beds in the one corner and some cabins.

A lady with ruined clothes is covering in the one corner and a middle-aged man is standing between you and her, with an improvised club, he looks scared, but yet he yells "I don't know who you are, but I wont let you touch my daughter!", both the lady and him is shaking.

Edit: neither of them wears boots.

"There's a well traveled path down here. I'll give it a look. If I don't return.. come and save me."
Torvald goes down the stairs slowly and stops in front of the door. He stands as far back from the door as he can while shrinking back meekly, hand over face, and tries to open the door.

You are pushed into the wall as Bear charges into the room.

Ariali paused hearing the voice. "wait..." she started but it was too late. the one with the light, she followed quietly, observing the size and any distinguishing marks about the footprints.

roll?

You easily see it's someone who carries boots and someone human sized.

0nimaru
2011-11-14, 03:59 PM
Torvald's face drains of color and he looks around the room Bear has rushed into frantically for a moment before coming to his senses. Of course he didn't see anything; you can't see invisible beings. They invisible polymorphed puppets wouldn't get the best of him though; he'd pretend they weren't there until they showed themselves.

Addressing the man while trying to keep his eyes from flickering around the room.
"Why are you so worried about people touching your daughter? Not that it isn't well within our rights. I mean, my Great Uncle Jervil fought three different wars just to secure the right for men to touch daughters in this country, and I'll not give that up easily. Uh.. umm... but I mean, none of us plan to right now. So what is threatening you?"

Throughout the conversation, Torvald randomly makes vague flailing gestures with his arms, as through trying to predict the attacks of an invisible person that he was also trying to ignore.

Smith, John
2011-11-14, 05:38 PM
"I don't know who you are, but I wont let you touch my daughter!", both the lady and him is shaking.

Pausing as he takes in the situation, the half orc declares Not pretty enough.

Failing to see any visible danger besides Torvald, he lowers his club and relaxes somewhat.

Trufflehound
2011-11-14, 09:39 PM
Edgar slowly follows down the stairs, looks into the room, at the man, and matter-of-factly says, "You live here."

Zazori
2011-11-15, 12:55 PM
Torvald's face drains of color and he looks around the room Bear has rushed into frantically for a moment before coming to his senses. Of course he didn't see anything; you can't see invisible beings. They invisible polymorphed puppets wouldn't get the best of him though; he'd pretend they weren't there until they showed themselves.

Addressing the man while trying to keep his eyes from flickering around the room.
"Why are you so worried about people touching your daughter? Not that it isn't well within our rights. I mean, my Great Uncle Jervil fought three different wars just to secure the right for men to touch daughters in this country, and I'll not give that up easily. Uh.. umm... but I mean, none of us plan to right now. So what is threatening you?"

Throughout the conversation, Torvald randomly makes vague flailing gestures with his arms, as through trying to predict the attacks of an invisible person that he was also trying to ignore.

Torvald is hit by something invisible for 666 damage.

Torvald feels a slight breeze on his face.

Edgar slowly follows down the stairs, looks into the room, at the man, and matter-of-factly says, "You live here."

No.. or.. uhm.. Yes, we do live here, but we don't want to.. I was once a merchant traveling Qumadara, but I was captured with my daughter and brought here, we get food and water and we are allowed to walk around in the tunnels as we wish, but my daughter must be here every 20th hour... She talks of.. horrors every time I see her, after it's done, I don't know what they do, but if I'm near her when they come, they knock me out. he says, with a trustful voice.

Zarae
2011-11-15, 02:13 PM
Ariali walks in, having memorized the prints and getting what she could. a hand on Edgar's arm, to not approach, she walks closer, her hands out showing she was no threat. She hoped her presence would calm them, especially the daughter.
"were here to help," she said softly, "how about we get yall out of here?" also presenting the question to her companions to help.

Zazori
2011-11-15, 02:32 PM
Ariali walks in, having memorized the prints and getting what she could. a hand on Edgar's arm, to not approach, she walks closer, her hands out showing she was no threat. She hoped her presence would calm them, especially the daughter.
"were here to help," she said softly, "how about we get yall out of here?" also presenting the question to her companions to help.

No you cannot!.. They will kill us.. and.. and you too! You should just leave us alone!

Trufflehound
2011-11-15, 02:43 PM
"Would you happen to know anything about owls, perhaps, or that crown?" Edgar says, gesturing towards Ariali.

Zazori
2011-11-15, 03:42 PM
Have you?... Oh.. no, no, no, no.... You have been in their sacred room.. .. We're all doomed now, think about what you have brought upon us? Think about what they will do to us when they catch us!.. THINK!!.. The man falls to his knees, dropping the improvised club, and begins to cry.
His daughter is still covering in the corner.

Zarae
2011-11-15, 05:25 PM
Ariali looks at the man confused, but her heart felt such compassion. an idea came to her, "well, if we're all doomed," hoping it would come out as it sounded in her head, "then let us try to get you out. they," pointing to her friends, "are skilled. and we have other abilities to use if necessary. but discussing it will not make this better. so we better get going."
still holding the lamp, she walked closer, her free hand stretched out for the girl to take, a warm smile of hope on her young elven features.

Trufflehound
2011-11-15, 10:49 PM
"We can leave out the top exit, collapse the tunnel behind us, and leave, heading out west. Sand shows footprints easily, though, so we'd have to hope they don't have a good tracker. And anyways, it's too hot to go out right now. So we could be ready to fight them when they come, we could even set up an ambush maybe, or we could set up a trap. You think we could collapse a tunnel onto them?" Edgar says, paying no attention to the family. "Unless we could persuade your invisible siblings to help us."

Zazori
2011-11-16, 03:11 AM
Ariali looks at the man confused, but her heart felt such compassion. an idea came to her, "well, if we're all doomed," hoping it would come out as it sounded in her head, "then let us try to get you out. they," pointing to her friends, "are skilled. and we have other abilities to use if necessary. but discussing it will not make this better. so we better get going."
still holding the lamp, she walked closer, her free hand stretched out for the girl to take, a warm smile of hope on her young elven features.

She looks up at you for a while, and then jump up and bites your hand.

Zarae
2011-11-17, 06:37 PM
Ariali pulled her hand back rather quickly, her face confused by the bahavior.
"are you bitten by a..." she paused a small bit of fear showing on her face, hating to say it.
For werewolves (evil) hate lythari and lythari avoid them as much as possible.

Zazori
2011-11-18, 02:40 AM
She looks at you and then falls down on the floor, crying.

Trufflehound
2011-11-18, 12:54 PM
Edgar, who still has prestidigitation active, will produce a small crude plush beaver and hand it to the child.

Zazori
2011-11-18, 01:15 PM
Edgar, who still has prestidigitation active, will produce a small crude plush beaver and hand it to the child.

She ignores you.

Zarae
2011-11-18, 01:19 PM
the lythari is even more confused by the girls behavior. She had hoped to comfort the girl, but only ended up making it worse.
She looked to her companions for answers.

((ooc: whats the dad's response to her proposition?))

Zazori
2011-11-18, 03:09 PM
the lythari is even more confused by the girls behavior. She had hoped to comfort the girl, but only ended up making it worse.
She looked to her companions for answers.

((ooc: whats the dad's response to her proposition?))

The man is still on his knees crying, and does not respond to his daughter lying on the floor crying.

Trufflehound
2011-11-18, 09:15 PM
Edgar tosses the beaver to Just Dog, and says, "Bear, I'll try to calm them down. Can you get that randomly flailing shadowcaster out of here, and keep guard at the top of the stairs?"

Then he pulls out his harmonica, plays a few lines, attempting to fascinate.
Fascinate as the bardic music.

Perform: [roll0]

0nimaru
2011-11-18, 09:59 PM
"Just exercising her rights to bite people in private settings. That right took a whole year of protest to establish. I'll go with Bear though.

They can't be invisible forever. Sooner than they expect, their magics will fail. Puppets can't run without strings."

Torvald walks out of the room and up the stairs. When Bear joins him, he remarks in a casual tone,
"That was a bit odd, wasn't it? It does engender questions of what kind of malicious entities reside underground, use the body of a girl-child without killing her, don't set off traps around piles of treasure, but are able to bring physical food and water in."

Zazori
2011-11-19, 04:40 AM
Edgar tosses the beaver to Just Dog, and says, "Bear, I'll try to calm them down. Can you get that randomly flailing shadowcaster out of here, and keep guard at the top of the stairs?"

Then he pulls out his harmonica, plays a few lines, attempting to fascinate.
Fascinate as the bardic music.

Perform: [roll0]

It works they are fascinated, they sit up and look at you.

Trufflehound
2011-11-19, 09:58 PM
Edgar plays a verse or two and then stops. Addressing the woman, he says, "Do you want us to leave you here, would you like to leave with us, or would you like us to fight your malefactors? And, as importantly, do you happen to have some cheese to go with that wine?"

Zarae
2011-11-19, 11:30 PM
the lythari looks to the fellow druid for some possible explanation, not sure she would understand the other two companion's. with the latern held up, Ariali glance around the room, the owl quietly watching the two captured folks.

Zazori
2011-11-20, 04:38 AM
Edgar plays a verse or two and then stops. Addressing the woman, he says, "Do you want us to leave you here, would you like to leave with us, or would you like us to fight your malefactors? And, as importantly, do you happen to have some cheese to go with that wine?"

She ignores you, her eyes are cold and you definitely see hatred in her face.

Trufflehound
2011-11-20, 10:33 AM
"Well, sorry, cheese is really immaterial at this point. I'm sorry if we've incurred the wrath of your enemies. I'd hate it if you got hurt because of this. But as they say, the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Can I help you in any way?"

Zazori
2011-11-20, 11:37 AM
You can help me by giving me your BLOOD!! She screams as she pushes her father away and jumps at you.

Initiative: [roll0]

Slam Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Everyone up the stairs can hear the girl scream something, but not what.

Smith, John
2011-11-20, 11:08 PM
You desert folk are pretty queer if you ask me. 'Right to bite' and 'daughter touchin'. Its just not natural.

He stops short when he hears the scream. Then he starts grinning

Sounds like the magic just ran out. Lets see whats so scary down there.

He'll cast Shillelagh, then head down with JD leaving Torvald to fend for himself.

Initiative[roll0]

Trufflehound
2011-11-21, 10:42 AM
Whenever Edgar's turn comes up, he will make the glorious move of Total defense.

Zazori
2011-11-21, 10:56 AM
She slams you again.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

After she attacks Bear enters the room and has turn.
Then it's Edgar.

Zarae
2011-11-21, 01:15 PM
"stop this!" she called out as commanding as she tried, but knowing she was not one to strike fear. Her hands quickly form the correct pattern and her voice spoke the words. thorny bushed grew up and wrapped to entwine the girl, yet not hurt her.

spell: entangle

[roll0] + ______ will add a number in the blank if need to make a roll, just wasnt sure what to roll.

0nimaru
2011-11-21, 07:16 PM
Torvald hears some screaming, shouting, and banging from down the stairs.
He remains where he is and keeps an eye on the hallway.
"Either Edgar lost control of himself, pfft she wasn't that pretty, the father's lost it, or ghosts came through the walls. In any case but the ghosts I'll be most helpful watching this hallway so nothing blindsides em. Yup. The best plan... to tell myself. Right, I'm alone again.":smallfrown:

Torvald will be watching the top of the stairs, but in case I need to be on the init list
[roll0]

Zazori
2011-11-22, 02:32 AM
Reflex:[roll0]

She is not entangled.

Bear it's your turn.

Smith, John
2011-11-22, 10:48 AM
Surveying the scene quickly, Bear moves in to bashing range with the girl.

JD circles around to get into flank next round..

Shillelagh'd club[roll0]
Max Damage! [roll1]

Zazori
2011-11-22, 12:02 PM
As she is hit hard she screams "Wretched humans!! I'll tear you apart and drink your BLOOD!!!"

Zarae
2011-11-22, 02:59 PM
Ariali is beyond confused with what to do. It doesnt seam right to hit the girl. but she is not acting right either. the elf tried another trick, her hands casting a simple spell to turn the stone into clay in hopes it will slow her down or even make it somewhat slick. when it changes, she then opened her waterskin and threw it onto the clay.
"dont make me do worse," she tried to threaten/bluff, in hopes of getting thru and reason with her.

-
spell: soften earth and stone. (unless the clay is not what i have in mind, one used on dirt roads, it should be somewhat slick. i know, i have slipped numerous times when its wet.)

Zarae
2011-11-22, 03:01 PM
oops forgot roll: [roll0] intimidate.

Trufflehound
2011-11-22, 04:45 PM
Edgar will lash out with his quarterstaff.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zazori
2011-11-24, 12:50 PM
As Edgar hits her, she falls down to her knees and turns to a gaseous mist, which moves towards the door.

Zarae
2011-11-26, 12:17 PM
"wha...?" she says to herself as the gas girl moves. she turns to the father, to help him or see what cruel tricks these are.
"what is going on?" she demanded, despite not being as threatening as say Bear.

Trufflehound
2011-11-26, 06:49 PM
"She, she called us humans. As if we were different." Edgar says, studying his staff. "It really doesn't look like she's human. But even she could cry tears. You! That girl's father! You also shed tears. Are you... like her?"

Zazori
2011-11-27, 10:45 AM
"No.. I.. I don't know.. Maybe they did this to her.."

Trufflehound
2011-11-28, 10:40 AM
Edgar first looks at Bear, and quietly says, "Go follow that mist. Vampire; you'll find a coffin. Torvald might be useful there, I don't know."

Turning back to the girl's father, he says, "Unfortunately, your daughter is... a vampire. Which means that she's not really alive anymore. Her soul will only be able to rest if we destroy her vampire form."

Then Edgar will touch the father, to see whether his flesh is warm or cold.

Zarae
2011-11-28, 12:38 PM
Ariali heard, to she had never seen one, much less knew much about them. most of the monsters she heard about were told as if fairy tales or long ago legends. Such being did not exist on her home island.
She continued to listen, shaking her head at killing the girl. "you want to kill her?" asking Edgar, "a girl? can you not...heal her?"
the lythari was rather concerned for all parties. Looking up to Bear, "no, there has to be another way... right?" standing up to follow her fellow druid.

Zazori
2011-11-29, 07:42 AM
Edgar first looks at Bear, and quietly says, "Go follow that mist. Vampire; you'll find a coffin. Torvald might be useful there, I don't know."

Turning back to the girl's father, he says, "Unfortunately, your daughter is... a vampire. Which means that she's not really alive anymore. Her soul will only be able to rest if we destroy her vampire form."

Then Edgar will touch the father, to see whether his flesh is warm or cold.

"I.. I.. She is.. Please just end my pain, end my sorrow... Please.." He falls to his knees and straightens his back and looks up at you, Edgar.

His flesh is warm.

Smith, John
2011-11-29, 01:02 PM
I'm not rightly sure we can even call her a girl anymore.

He whistles for JD and Torvald, before heading out the room.
Huntin time.

Trufflehound
2011-11-29, 01:48 PM
"End your sorrow?" Edgar bites his lip. "I don't know... Sorrow comes from death. It can be healed, but I don't think it can be ended, least not by death. If you don't have kin or friends to go back to, there's still hope. There are monasteries and temples that would be willing to take care of you, at least for a time. And if you come along with me, we might be able to gather the jewels needed for a cleric to bring your daughter back to life. To life as it was before they did this to her."

Edgar straightens up, looks at Ariali, and nods. "She's gone. And I don't know about you, but now I'm going to help take care of those cads." He pulls out his whip and offers the man his staff. "Want to come with?"

Zazori
2011-11-30, 02:29 AM
I'm not rightly sure we can even call her a girl anymore.

He whistles for JD and Torvald, before heading out the room.
Huntin time.

You quickly catches up with the mist.

"End your sorrow?" Edgar bites his lip. "I don't know... Sorrow comes from death. It can be healed, but I don't think it can be ended, least not by death. If you don't have kin or friends to go back to, there's still hope. There are monasteries and temples that would be willing to take care of you, at least for a time. And if you come along with me, we might be able to gather the jewels needed for a cleric to bring your daughter back to life. To life as it was before they did this to her."

Edgar straightens up, looks at Ariali, and nods. "She's gone. And I don't know about you, but now I'm going to help take care of those cads." He pulls out his whip and offers the man his staff. "Want to come with?"

He nods and takes your staff, and then follows you.

Trufflehound
2011-11-30, 05:47 PM
Edgar attempts to follow Bear, wherever he went.

Zazori
2011-12-01, 06:03 AM
You find him after a while.

Trufflehound
2011-12-01, 09:39 AM
Edgar raises one eyebrow and shakes his head slowly. "I'd always imagined a vampire hunt to be a bit more exciting then this."

Zarae
2011-12-01, 02:42 PM
Ariali followed behind, still carrying the lamp and silently praying for wisdom and hoping to resolve this violence-free.

Zazori
2011-12-01, 03:03 PM
The mist leads you up to the large room, and flies down towards the door next to the one you originally came from, it leads you down a very steep stairway and through another door, there in a small square room, is a coffin which is flies into.

Trufflehound
2011-12-01, 09:56 PM
"Quick! Now shut the coffin lid tight!" Edgar says as he does so.

Zazori
2011-12-05, 02:22 AM
You manage to shut it tight and then sit on it to keep it tight.

Trufflehound
2011-12-05, 10:27 AM
"There! It's stuck and it can't hurt us."

Smith, John
2011-12-06, 08:47 AM
Bear casts flame blade, and will light the coffin on fire.

Does this count as solving a problem without violence?

Trufflehound
2011-12-06, 10:31 AM
"IncidentallyI'msittingonaburningcoffinnowandwon'tb eabletoholditshutmuchlonger!"

Zazori
2011-12-06, 03:31 PM
The coffin burns to ashes, and as it burns you can see the vampire as already regained it's body, but as the fire consumes it, it turns to a fog again, and then tries to materialise(spelled) again, but then turns to ashes.

50xp each :D

0nimaru
2011-12-08, 03:17 AM
"Well that was exciting. Does anybody know much about these mist creatures? Do they come in cloud-groups, or are they solitary?"

Trufflehound
2011-12-08, 10:40 AM
Edgar will fold a piece of paper into an envelope, and scoop the ashes into it. "We will need her ashes to bring her back to life; if not, I'm sure you will want to bury or scatter the ashes properly. So those who took her away, where did they come from?"

Zazori
2011-12-08, 11:38 AM
I don't know.. the man replies.

Trufflehound
2011-12-08, 12:19 PM
Edgar will go back and open the third door of the big room.