PDA

View Full Version : Roost of the DragonLord (IC)

Noctemwolf
2011-08-23, 10:41 PM
Roost of the DragonLord
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/Noctemwolf/AWESOMNESS.jpg

Map
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/Noctemwolf/0823012014.jpg(The valley your starting in? toward the top right. With the big blob supposedly being a lake).

Characters:
Garren, The Bloodless (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=17051)
Bosko (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=22973)

Darkness has settled deeply and the woods are quiet, the background filled with the chirping sounds of insects. The Oaks and other trees around sway in a small breeze, and the skies hint of rain, with the low rumble of thunder off in the distance. Off to the right, the well trodden dirt road stretches out parallel to the camp-site. A crackling fire gives off some light, twinkling against Your armour and reflecting off the side of the tent.

Sitting on a half log next to the fire, Garren chews thoughtfully on piece of a deer, his first real catch in the wild since his food ran out. His armour, Glinting as he moved, seemed to make him uncomfortable, and he grunts as he shifts to wiggle his fingers into the neckguard, presumably to scratch an itch.

The three horses that are staked to the ground just shy of the road move restlessly, their fear evident though diminished since the first time they were ridden by the trio.

"So? What's this plan of yours?" Garren asks, after swallowing a particularly large piece of meat, finishing the last bit and throwing it on the pile of bones next to him. "I'm tired of travelling down this road. I wanted something more from coming with you, and I have no clue where we even are!"
From the trees, a small burp, and another bone is added to the pile. Bosko Enters from the tree line, wiping his lips with his arms and giving Garren a smile before coming to rest beside you. The small necklace of bones now has a new one, you notice; seemingly a piece of the femur bone from the deer. Though a breeze rattles the bones slightly, he shivers not, for though no hair resides on his head, no breath comes from his body.

What do you do?

Ryallon
2011-08-25, 09:52 AM
Grith lean down to pet Bosko's tender head, sighing and staring at the storm sky.
"This weather is simply delightful, isn't it my good sir? mmmm yes... someday all this shall be ours and we shall rule with an iron whip! Now if you look closely you can spy my castle on the highest peak over yonder!" He points towards a seemingly random direction as he sits up straight, working himself into one of his delusions of aristocratic dominance. "Bosko here shall be head of the education department! You shall be in charge of expanding our territories! I give you permission to molest their churches and burn their women if you so desire." the firelight glints off of his large metal shield (scarred and pitted through his many accidental encounters with the blunt end of angry peasants' crude weaponry and the blades of misunderstanding town guards) onto his pale, chilling frame, his grey, black flecked fur shifting in the ominous breeze. Grith raises his mace and begins to polish it fondly, prattling away about his kingdom that will never exist.

Noctemwolf
2011-08-25, 01:31 PM
"Meh. If expanding territory includes killing people, then by all means. Nerull told me you were crazy. Seen no reason to doubt him so far."

Ah! Now I know the reason I require your character sheet! I am unable to make listen checks for you! Or spot! Until I can get a hold of such information, You are blind and deaf!
[roll0] +2 [18]
[roll1] +1 [5]

suddenly, Bosko Perks up and seems to listen.

["Someone Is-ss coming"], He says, before slinking back off into the trees.

You listen intently and discover he is right; you hear hooves clopping in the distance, Coming from the road toward the north. a few small grumbles and the chink of mail is all else you can hear.

Noctemwolf
2011-08-25, 01:50 PM
those [] around Bosko's words is how I represent whispering.
Also: Character sheets are up In the First post!

Map goes here
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/Noctemwolf/Map1.gif
You are the Blue X, Green is Garren, Yellow is Bosko. The red thing is the campfire, The tent is the dotted area.

Ryallon
2011-08-25, 11:07 PM
Grith
Class/level: Cleric/6 ; Humanoid/2 Race:Gnoll Alignment:NE
Size:M Age:Dead Gender:Male Height:7'11" Weight:300lb
Eyes:Black Hair:Grey/Black flecked Skin:Gaunt white

HP:64 AC:23 [3+2+5+0+3+0+0] Speed:30ft Touch:23 Flat footed:23
Initiative:5
Strength:24 [+7]
Dexterity:20 [+5]
Constitution: -
Intelligence:15 [+2]
Wisdom:22 [+6]
Charisma:17 [+3]

Fortitude:--
Reflex:7 [2+5+-+-]
Will:11 [5+6+-+]

Base attack bonus:+5
Grapple:+12

Bite:+5/1d6/x/touch/piercing/ghoul fever DC 10+1/2 HD + CHA = 17
Claws:+5/1d4/x/touch/slashing
Flail,Heavy:+5/1d10/19-20[x2]/---/Bludgeoning
Crossbow,Heavy:+5/1d10/19-20[x2]/120ft/piercing/ammo 50

[All unlisted skills use ability modifiers]
Craft(alchemy):10
Craft(trap making):2
Craft(blacksmithing):2
Diplomacy:11
Heal:6
Knowledge(Arcana):6
Knowledge(History):6
Knowledge(Religion):6
Knowledge(Planes):6
Listen:12
Profession(mortician):6
Profession(herbalist):6
Spellcraft:2
Spot:15

Armor:Studded Leather:light/+3/+5[max dex]/-1[check penalty]/15%/30ft/20lb
Shield:Heavy Steel Shield:+2/15lb/-2[check penalty]/15%

Other possessions:Rod of Undead mastery [control twice as many undead as usual]

Proficient with scythe,flail,simple weapons

Feats:undead leadership[all undead raised have +4 strength and +2hp per HD]
Contagious paralysis:those who hit target paralyzed by ghoul must make fort save of be paralyzed as well
[Ghoul fever:Disease---bite,Fort save, incubation period one day, damage 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex. All humanoids who die from this rise as ghouls at the next midnight. Those who have 4HD or more rise as ghasts. Those raised in this way are not under control of other ghouls.

Paralysis:if hit by bite or claws, make a DC 10+1/2 ghoul's HD+Charisma modifier fort save or be paralyzed.]

Undead Leadership
Multiattack

Special Abilities:Rebuke/Command undead
-Darkvision 60ft
-+2 turn resistent
-Diet dependent:Flesh

Immunities:Mind altering spells and abilities/crits/non-lethal/paralysis/sleep/poison/ability damage/energy drain/death from massive damage

Languages:Gnoll
-Common
-Goblin

Spells:
Once per day as death domain can kill on touch,roll 1d6 per cleric level and if result is higher than total enemy hp, they die instantly

Domains:Death/Deathbound [libris mortis]

0-Create water/Detect Magic/Light/Mending/Read Magic
1-Detect Weaponry [Cityscape]/summon monster I/obscuring mist/chill of the grave [Libris Mortis] /cause fear
2-Inflict Moderate Wounds/Make whole/Status/Death Knell/ Blade Of Pain And Fear [Libris Mortis]
3-SummonUndead III [Libris Mortis]/Wind Wall/Stone Shape/ Animate Dead/ Fangs Of The Vampire King [Libris Mortis]

Spell Save DC
0-16
1-17
2-18
3-19

Spells Per day [including bonus]
0-5
1-5
2-5
3-3

Money:
Cp-0
Sp-0
Gp-2,985
Pp-0

Ryallon
2011-08-26, 10:32 PM
Grith uses Obscuing Mist and crouches in the nearby brush, waiting for the mysterious travelers to appear

Noctemwolf
2011-08-26, 10:52 PM
(not very much, is there?)

"Hm? What are you up to?" garren says, before hearing someone speak in the distance.

"What's that? A mist up ahead, sir?" One voice says. Deep, and slightly gravely.

"That's not normal around here. Mist doesn't pop up so unexpectedly," another voice, higher and more melodious than the other, though distinctly male, like a young man.

"Keep your guard up. Woah boy!" comes another man's voice. this one, though not as loud as the others, seems to demand a respect. Finally getting a good view of the group, you see four mounted warriors. two humans, one elf, and another armoured warrior whose head is hidden by a helmet. The elf wears well made leather and a bow is strung across his back. the three humans are all heavily armoured. From what you can see, the humans carry tower shields, while the helmeted one carries a much smaller shield. though they don't seem to have noticed either you or Bosko, they still draw their weaponry, the elf pulling out his bow, the other their shields and swords. Suddenly, Garren strides out into the middle of the road.

the helmeted warrior, getting his horse under control, rides to the fore of the four. "Who are you? What are doing out here so late at night?"

"Pardon me, sir," Garren says. His tone Surprises you. Almost... sounds as though he is in awe.

"I didn't manage to introduce myself. I am Garren, Paladin in service to Pelor. I'm not certain of the source of the mist myself and was attempting to discern it when you came along."

the man calms, though the horses still seem nervous.

[Here I will pause so you have a chance to respond. If you do not, I will assume you do nothing. If you choose to do nothing and simply watch, well... just say so!]

Map goes here

Ryallon
2011-08-27, 11:50 AM
I think these folks would make wonderful minions, so I wait in the shadows and bide my time to make a dramatic entrance and/or attack in a moment that is opportune x]

Noctemwolf
2011-08-27, 07:05 PM
"You were were you? Good, I suppose. Though if your here, then I suppose there nothing more to worry abou-"

The man in the helmet stops talking.

"Where is your symbol?"

"My...Symbol?" Garren looks surprised quickly for a moment, then quickly adds,
"It's at my camp site. Off over there, behind the mist."

"Why did you leave it there? Don't all paladin's keep their symbol on at all times?"

Garren Smiles and laughs. Lightheartedly. Your almost uncertain of his real demeanour at this point.
"Unlike some people say, it's not like we die by putting down the symbol of our god. after all, it's just a piece of metal. Faith is the important part."

The helmeted man prepares to dismount, but the elf calls out.

"No, sir, wait. I Don't believe him."

The elf is definitely distrustful, that much is certain. The helmeted man stays mounted.

"Is there something your not telling us, Garren?"

Ryallon
2011-08-28, 05:44 PM
I throw a stone across the road to see what the party will do x]

Noctemwolf
2011-08-28, 06:33 PM
The men give a start as the stone flies out from the woods.

"Ambush!" the Helmeted man calls out.

"Quickly! You!" the elf calls out to one of the soldiers. "Get back to the caravan and warn them!"

"Yes sir!" one of the two soldiers turns his horse around and runs off down the road, leaving you guys to begin the fight.

Initiative counts
[roll0] +2 [14]
[roll1] +5 [13]
[roll2] +5 [22]
[roll3] +5 [23]
[roll4] +0 [1]
[roll5] +0 [4]
edit: Dang! That elf is fast! 0_0

please wait to begin combat until I put up the elf's actions and the battle map.

Ryallon
2011-08-29, 08:43 PM
Heh... I know exactly what imma do... x]

Noctemwolf
2011-08-30, 08:30 PM
[roll0] +4 [15]
[roll1] +18 [29]
[roll2] +8 [27]
[roll3] +0 [17]
[roll4] +0 [13]
[roll5] +1 [10]

Map: Any spaces that are considered wooded are also counted as difficult terrain.
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr17/Noctemwolf/Map1-1.gif
The elf is the Pink one, the light blue is Helmet, and the dark reds are the soldiers. the obscuring mist is directly behind Garren, spreading 20 feet out behind him and 10 feet to each side of him.

"There's one in the woods! Over there!" the elf cries out. He rides past Garren, just far enough from Garren's blade. Suddenly, a streak of lightning flies from his bow toward Garren as he rides past, a rapidly twirling arrows at it's front. It strikes Garren, causing him to cry out as the electricity streaks across his armour.

Garren's hitpoints: 61-11, final total: 50.

Ryallon
2011-08-30, 08:46 PM
I use summon undead III and summon a skeleton cloud giant at the edge of the woods in front of me and slink through the woods trying to remain undetected while using the skeleton as a distraction

Noctemwolf
2011-08-30, 08:49 PM
0_0** You can give a guy a few seconds to finish his last post! I'll edit this post when I've figured out the stats for a skeleton cloud giant. Unless you would like to work that out for me 0_0**

Edit: Where at the edge of the woods? I can take that however I like, you know =)

Noctemwolf
2011-08-30, 10:02 PM
Garren pulls the arrow out, snarling at the three mounted men. "Your friends will pay for that, elf!" Pulling out his symbol of Nerull, A wave of negative energy pours out from him, and the humans nearby feel their energy weaken and a sickening laughter in their heads.

Garren channels his energy, causing damage to those within 30 feet.
[roll0] [roll1]+3 [5]
[roll2] [roll3]+4 [9]
[roll4] [roll5] +4 [22]

Garren then falls back into the Mist, becoming invisible to everyone outside.

"Damn it!" one of the humans calls. "I can barely feel my arms!"

"Fall back soldier! Warn the Caravan!" the man with the Helmet calls, before turning to face you as you attempt to cast, pointed out as you were by the elf.

"He's trying to cast a spell!" Helmet calls.

Bosko, drawing out his scythe, moves in front of you, growling threateningly. "No one harmss masster."

"Two of them?" Helmet calls out, already to far into his movement to stop, desperate to stop you from casting.

Noctemwolf
2011-08-30, 10:17 PM
[roll0] +8 [19] (Against horse)
[roll1] +8 [9] (Against Helmet)

[roll2] +7 [11]
[roll3] +7 [Nomatter]

[roll4] +4 [19]

[roll5] +9 []
[roll6] +4 []
[roll7]

though helmet manages to ride up to you, his mount takes damage as he does. He attempts to take a powerful swipe at you, but the attack fails. He grunts in disbelief at your dodging ability. Solier two turnas off and runs away, while soldier two moves somewhat further away from the fight, looking for an opportunity to come in and attack.

"Fall back!" Helmet Screams.

map goes here

Ryallon
2011-09-01, 06:30 PM
I order my skeleton to attempt to cut off the one trying to alert the caravan and return when he is almost at his maximum range or has been alive for his four out of six rounds (pg 227 monster manual under skeletons. I'm using a cloud giant cuz I can't find any other huge skeletons x]) when it is my turn, and order Bosko to protect me should I fail my next attack, and attempt to bite the man attacking me so that I might paralyze him.

Noctemwolf
2011-09-03, 10:54 PM
The Elf, noticing his friend in danger, turns around on the horse and comes back, toward the battle.
The Elf speaks in a language you do not understand, but the horse seems to. As they reach the location the first took off from, the Elf leaps from his mount, and you find a large number of arrows flying toward as the elf moves off through the forest.

OOC: I think I now how this is going to work. Instead of playing up a map, I'm going to describe things to you. You can then ask questions about things (Like, how far is it to here? What's over there? And so on) And you make your own rolls as well. I'll be sure tot ell you whether what you do succeeds or fails, and you can edit in something to your post accordingly. (Example: you attack and roll. I tell you you miss. You then describe the spectacular nature of that failure by editing it into your last post.) Want to try it that way?
Also, I'm doing my rolls in the spoilers. It isn't necessary for you to look in their, though I know there's no way I can stop you from looking =P

[roll0] +7 [18]
[roll1] +7 [27]
[roll2] +7 [14]

[roll3] +12 [28]

Noctemwolf
2011-09-03, 11:30 PM
[roll0]

Rolls are here so lets see what happens. And additional note: I just remembered undead are uncritable. 0_0*

Noctemwolf
2011-09-03, 11:39 PM
As the elf melds into the forest, an arrow strikes you in the shoulder.

[roll=Damage]1d8[/roll +1 []

[roll0] +3 [9]

DC= 15+3 {Spelllevel} +5 {Damage}

The Arrows has destroyed your concentration and the spell is lost. You also take 5 hitpoints of damage, leaving you at 59.
The initiative is on to you.
(However, you may go ahead and roll yourself if you like. that depends on whether or not you want me to roll for you, or if you want to roll. If you want to roll, roll your concentration check in your next post. Remember, undead add charisma to anything that originally required constitution [Except hit points for obvious reasons]).

Noctemwolf
2011-09-03, 11:40 PM
[roll0] +1 []

Damage roll due to screwing up in the last post.

Noctemwolf
2011-09-03, 11:41 PM
[roll0] +1 [5]
rolling again because I fail at typing apparently. 0-0**

Ryallon
2011-09-05, 03:00 PM
[roll0] hope this works xD