PDA

View Full Version : GitP PrC Contest XXIX: VOTING THREAD!

ErrantX
2011-08-23, 11:36 PM
Alright, voting time again! Just as our sister contest (the Base Class contest) is running Steam Punk, so are we! But now it is time for the contenders to duke it out for the right to win!

Vote once, bold your vote for ease of viewing for me, and if you can, please say why you voted for it (this is some really critical feedback; say why you liked it!)

Voting begins Wednesday August 24th, and will close Midnight September 5th (Central Time).

{table=head]Author|Prestige Class|Votes!
Kellus|The Etherjammer|9
Pyromancer999|Spellcore Adept|2
DeskChairLamp|Inevitable Agent|0
Owrtho|Necroclock Knight|1
JoshuaZ|Necrotic Gearlord|1[/table]

Alright... 3... 2... 1... VOTE!

And the winner is.... Kellus with his Etherjammer! Amazing job man!

-X

TravelLog
2011-08-24, 12:12 AM
I choose The Etherjammer.

EdroGrimshell
2011-08-24, 12:22 AM
Spellcore Adept

Owrtho
2011-08-24, 12:41 AM
Well, while all the competition looked good, I'm going to have to give my vote to the Etherjammer. Lots of fun looking stuff that it can do. I love the Plane of Shadows, as well as the Ethereal Plane, and as some might surmise (particularly given past (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8570158) work of mine) I like them together. Flavour is also quite nice.
Also, seeing as there's a link, new mist manipulations and a form.
Owrtho

DeskChairLamp
2011-08-24, 01:02 AM
My vote goes to The Etherjammer. The concept rather grabbed my attention and the abilities and favor fit each other well.

B!shop
2011-08-24, 01:13 AM
Etherjammer FTW.

peacenlove
2011-08-24, 01:17 AM
Etherjammer because Etherjams are a nice addition to both psionics and shadowcasting. Also Aeronaut capstone :smallamused:

Edge
2011-08-24, 05:00 AM
The Etherjammer gets my vote.

Xzoltar
2011-08-24, 06:07 AM
As much as I love the Spellcore Adept (and currently beeing played but one character of the campaign) my vote have to go to the Etherjammer just because the concept is cool, unexpected and much more important that's the first time I was convince to read the Shadowcaster from Tome of Magic and I really like it. This is also beeing played in our campaign.

JoshuaZ
2011-08-24, 08:09 AM
The Etherjammer. Well thought out, clever fluff, interesting mechanics, well-balanced, and very original.

ErrantX
2011-08-24, 09:27 AM
Votes tallied, keep it going!

-X

zagan
2011-08-24, 09:38 AM
I'll vote for the spellcore adept, it's an interesting variant to creating magic item.

Kellus
2011-08-24, 12:06 PM
This is a tough one, since although there are only a handful of entries I really like the ideas behind basically all of them. But I have to vote for the necroclock knight. On the one hand it seems like it's a prestige class which is simply an extension of a system (that is, there's nothing else to it except that it uses that system), but on the other hand the system that it's based on is really cool and very well thought out.

Great work Owrtho (and everybody else that finished a class)! Glad people are digging the etherjammer. :smallsmile:

Stycotl
2011-08-24, 12:12 PM
those were pretty cool classes, but in the end, i have to go with the etherjammer.

Pyromancer999
2011-09-04, 02:47 PM
I'm posting on this for two reasons:

1) To bump it because no one's voted since the first day because that's when the thread went under.

and 2) To vote for the Necrotic Gearlord.

137beth
2011-09-04, 06:10 PM
Spellcore adept. Is this still being updated?

Morph Bark
2011-09-04, 06:33 PM
Oh my god I had a heart attack because for a moment I thought the current PrC Contest was already over. ;_;

And since this closes Midnight Central Time, there are 6 hours and 28 minutes left.

Pyromancer999
2011-09-04, 08:30 PM
Is this still being updated?

The last date of posting was the same day the thread was created. So I decided to semi-resurrect it when I remembered I'd forgotten to vote, as some people may have not even known there had been a voting thread because it wasn't in the first page after that.

ErrantX
2011-09-05, 10:58 AM
The last date of posting was the same day the thread was created. So I decided to semi-resurrect it when I remembered I'd forgotten to vote, as some people may have not even known there had been a voting thread because it wasn't in the first page after that.

That's my bad, I started the new contest and left because the 1st week of the month I work 60 hours. I hadn't forgot, just didn't have time. Get those last votes in!

-X

Pyromancer999
2011-09-05, 12:37 PM
That's my bad, I started the new contest and left because the 1st week of the month I work 60 hours. I hadn't forgot, just didn't have time. Get those last votes in!

-X

Just a suggestion: Extend the time a little, as the thread's only really been operated on for around 2 days.

ErrantX
2011-09-11, 10:52 AM
A little late on updating this, but hey, better late then never!

So the winner to Guts, Gears, and Glory is... Kellus with his Etherjammer! Also, I have to give Kellus Errant's Pick as well, because seriously, this was an amazing work and incredibly thorough. This class has more depth to it than many base class, for cryin' out loud, with the abilities it can gain. Good job to you, and a great job to everyone else!

-X