PDA

View Full Version : Tips for drawing a draconic creature Needed

Lestroisrois
2011-08-25, 01:47 PM
So I'm trying to make my own avatar, but I need tips on how to draw it. It is going to be either
A: A Half-Dragon Lizardfolk
or
B: A Dragonwrought Cheesebold

Need Tips on how to draw both BADLY!

Thanks,

Lestroisrois

Dr.Epic
2011-08-25, 04:17 PM
1. Look at references
2. Try and copy references
3. ???
4. Profit

Really, that's about as much as I can give you. I'm not sure what you mean by "tips." If it's a matter of you can't draw, I can't give you an entire walk through to the point you are good. You also just ask someone to do this for you. You wouldn't be the first person asking for an avatar. This guy does it all the time:

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ZukoOldFace.jpg

:smallwink:

Eledragon
2011-08-25, 08:00 PM
This guy does it all the time:

I lol'ed.

you could check out books about drawing dragons. otherwise, I got nothing.

Savannah
2011-08-25, 09:02 PM
1) Make sure you have a good art program. Inkscape is widely used among OotS-style avatarists (and it's free). There are people who make amazing avatars with Paint, so you can do it with anything, but those take a bit more work (I don't know all the details, as I'm not one of those people).

2) Find something (or some things) in OotS that's similar to what you want to draw, and use it as a guide.

3) Practice. Don't be surprised if you have to draw it 3 or more times to get it looking like you want to.

leakingpen
2011-08-26, 01:50 AM
Doc Ep, i loled!

tips would depend on where you're having a problem. Are you going for an oots avatar? more realistic?

Serpentine
2011-08-26, 04:25 AM
Lots of dracotars to work from over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201533).

Until you post something we can work with, though, there's not much more specific than "find someone else's you like and try to imitate it" that we can say.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-26, 06:34 PM
I lol'ed.

Doc Ep, i loled!

Seriously, that guy is always looking for a good avatar. Though that's the least of his problems. He's always insulting people on the forums. The guy's always flaming!:smallwink: