PDA

View Full Version : League Characters as Classes?

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-28, 11:47 PM
so for those who play League, (and if you dont, try it http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bca925556795 ) have you ever thought about turning champions into classes? maybe such as Warwick? or twitch? or even Nasus?

post your ideas here, maybe we could have some fun coming up with some!

this can only lead to good things :smalltongue:

Circle of Life
2011-08-28, 11:48 PM
It's been partially done before. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175658)

You might be able to draw inspiration from the above.

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-28, 11:52 PM
oh wow! how did i not freakin find this haha, thanks so much! gonna look through it now

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-28, 11:54 PM
while taking a look at these they are all PrC's, im wondering if maybe we can stretch champions into full 20 levels? is there enough behind champions to do this possibly?

Spartacus
2011-08-29, 12:22 AM
Again, I'll repeat this from your other thread. You should indicate the system you intend to use to build these characters.

Morph Bark
2011-08-29, 03:47 AM
while taking a look at these they are all PrC's, im wondering if maybe we can stretch champions into full 20 levels? is there enough behind champions to do this possibly?

Unless you fold all categories into one class, no.

And if you do so, you'll find that AP carries resemble sorcerers, supports resemble healers (both with spell point variant) and tanks resemble crusaders. A lot.

PrCs are more specialized and therefore more able to home in on one champion's specific abilities.

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-29, 03:17 PM
yeah i understand what you are saying on the similarities (also this woud be a 3.5 based system) but there are also very unique characters. An example of possibly Nasus or Warwick. Seeing homebrews like The Harrowed(possibly my favorite homebrew of all time) and there was another whos name and creator have slipped my mind, but it was a beast based skirmisher/fighter who would have points used to gain natural attacks(claws for warwick) and such, i was just feeling maybe some of these League characters would actually make a fun venture into the d20 world.

but what i'm getting from the feedback is that "naw, not happening", which is cool, the PrC's in the above link are outstanding, it was just an idea that came in and thought I'd feel it out.:smallwink:

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-29, 03:18 PM
also, im fairly new to homebrewing my own stuff, and i have a lot of ideas i just cant seem to focus on one to make it work so im just tossing stuff out for feedback on my ideas, thanks for any and all feedback guys :smallsmile:

Pyromancer999
2011-08-29, 04:50 PM
Why not just do feats if PrCs don't satisfy you? Can be gained over levels and can be mixed and matched to whatever you want.

SharkVersusKoda
2011-08-29, 05:02 PM
well i do like the feat progession, i actually had a similar idea when i was trying to create the Ka'kari from Brent Weeks' Night Angel Trilogy, starting with a feat that MUST be taken at first level to begin the progession, i guess ill just have to look into it a bit more, with focus towards Nasus and Warwick(2 very interesting champions from LoL id like to see in DnD sometime).