PDA

View Full Version : GITP Monster Competition???

TravelLog
2011-08-30, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering I this contest is still occurring or if it's fallen into abeyance. If so, would anyone be against it's revivification (or barring someone else wanting to, me reviving it)?

Stycotl
2011-09-03, 11:34 AM
i think it is dead in the water. as far as i am concerned, go ahead and take it up. it was always my favorite of the competitions.

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-03, 01:06 PM
If you're not keen to do it, I shall.

The place just doesn't seem right without a monster competition...

TravelLog
2011-09-03, 02:13 PM
I'd be happy to run it with you mulletman. I was thinking to bring back the most popular one: Beings of Legend V, or alternatively, Beings of Unspeakable Evil.

The Glyphstone
2011-09-03, 02:18 PM
The regular monster competition changed themes every month, if that's what you were talking about.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-09-03, 02:18 PM
It's funny you bring this up now, because Djinn_in_Tonic was in the IRC a few days ago (the first day I remember seeing you there, in fact, TravelLog) and said life had kind of taken over back when it died, and he'd "see what he could do" about bringing it back. You'd have to talk to him personally for any more information than that, though. I totally would have won the last one if it hadn't died.

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-03, 03:13 PM
I'd be happy to run it with you mulletman. I was thinking to bring back the most popular one: Beings of Legend V, or alternatively, Beings of Unspeakable Evil.

If I were involved in running it, I'd actually like to switch between fairly loose limitation [design a plant type monster] to pretty tight conditions [design a monster race of humanoids, LA no greater than +1, complete with an encounter for 3rd level characters].

I've done a fair amount of design training over the years and the stricter limitations usually produce the most creative results.

TravelLog
2011-09-03, 03:39 PM
The regular monster competition changed themes every month, if that's what you were talking about.

Yeah, I was referring to my idea for what the first month's theme would be.

In any case, I do remember Djinn mentioning that, so we should wait a while to see about him bringing it back.

Morph Bark
2011-09-03, 06:02 PM
Anyone have links to the Monster Competition's chat threads?

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-03, 06:22 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189213

Morph Bark
2011-09-03, 06:26 PM
Is a new one up yet? If not, I could put one up no problem. Did it with the Base Class Competition too when Temotei was preoccupied.

Have we done something with the weather before? Considering how nutty it has been lately here and some other places that might be something to go with.

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-04, 03:48 AM
My understanding is that we're waiting on a response from Djinn before stepping on his toes.

Otherwise, i thing TravelLog and I would still be wrestling over it...

Mulletmanalive
2011-09-05, 03:46 PM
I've posted a new contest, and will be offering a minor prize of artwork for the winning entry.

We can either take turns to pick the themes or simply decide via lively debate.