PDA

View Full Version : Storm Camp [epic D&D 3.5 IC]

Dakuwan
2011-09-02, 03:45 PM
The Storm Compaign

The world of Raio has varying climates and landscapes. In some areas exist vast deserts, in others, snow and ice as far as the eye can see. And everything else in between. Moratan, is the continent you currently reside. Of the three continents you have have traveled, Moratan, is the largest hosting 5 different kingdoms and dozens of large cities with towns sprawled about. You are currently in fort Casmit 10 miles outside the city of Rollendius. Its a fair sized fort with a 30 foot walls and a tower, reaching up to a height of 50 feet. Soldiers sentry the wall looking out for anything of note. The tower hosts administrative apartments in the above ground areas, watch on the crenellations, and barracks, armory, training area and mess hall below ground. Within the walls there is a 200 by 200 foot area that boasts more training areas, stables, and few cattle, but generally spacious. The fort is one of five shields of the city Rollendius. You currently just finished up a mission contracted by Rollendius’ city council, helping dispose of a large gang of bandits that threatened Rollendius. The group was uncommonly well organized and simultaneously attacked each of the shield forts and the city proper from without and within. But you, the Rogue Unit of Black Company, enacted a plan that put them to shame and permanently removed the group. 10,000 gold a piece await you upon your next meeting with your leader, Bachstahl. All of you are actually within the higher part of the tower, Casmit, in a decent sized room talking and relaxing together, and contemplating your next move. Its a scant room with little more than a round table and 6 wooden chairs. Two large racks of books are on either side of the walls. Most of the books are battle text along with scrolls and maps on the area you are currently in. The land surrounding the fort is prairie grasslands, with the 10 mile distance between here and Rollendius exists many small farms. The shield forts surround Rollendius in a star formation with fort Casmit as its highest point, the forts are 10 miles apart each.

Introduce your characters, you can be doing anything you like in the room that is casual, but you must be in the room. Any of your auxiliaries can be with you or outside, but please make it clear where they are. You are in full health and have had time to do any preparation you would have made for a normal day. You do not have a current contract. There are 67 soldiers within the fort, consider them all friendly and helpful. Your main contact here is Knight commander Gregis, he seems fair and honest if not to a fault. He has two knights working directly under him, Pawn and Edward, very reliable and helpful, both. You know how to reach any of these three easily. All other men here are soldiers, there are female soldiers here as well. There are also three whores (all female, one drow, and two humans) who are not part of the earlier count.

Silver Night
2011-09-03, 02:11 AM
Keys leans back and rubs her eyes, taking a break from the text on magical theory she'd been studying, "Who's got the first round when we get paid? I think I got it last time, so it's someone else's turn. Plus, I drink less at a time than most of you."

The studying (and there may be meditating and so on too) is part of Keys's learning of the Empower Spell feat, over time, in the way you outlined in the recruitment thread (via study over time at camp and so on), if that's alright.

Stycotl
2011-09-03, 10:46 AM
Xie sits in one of the tower's window wells, leaning back against the stone while he cleans the bore of one of his pistols with a well-oiled rag. The other three pistols are secure in their holsters across his chest harness.

"I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my share. I might have to start saving it. You know, in case there is something big I want later."

GFawkes
2011-09-03, 01:22 PM
I plan on sending some back to my village, then saving the rest. Imanali says, scratching Voxeli's ears. Of course, it would be nice to have a prepared meal that wasn't alive a few hours ago

Urist
2011-09-03, 03:14 PM
Rayner, sitting in one of the chairs fiddling with his psycrystal, looks up at the mention of first rounds. "I think that one may have to be my responsibility, considering the amount of times you've had to pay for not just me, but my troops, as well. After that, well, I don"t know what I will do with the money. I was thinking of trying to train some of the men to use those new-fangled repeating crossbows.".

Gottshchalk, praying in the corner, nods in agreement. "More effective ranged weaponry would decrease casualties significantly, and leave me having to patch up far fewer of them after every battle. Although a donation to the church of Pelor wouldn't be looked at as amiss."

Senka, floating among the rafters, says nothing, and continues studying his magical texts.

Silver Night
2011-09-03, 05:42 PM
"Well, that was easy." Keys smiles, "First round on Rayner. The rest, well. I always have more research materials to buy. And my wardrobe is getting terribly passe."

industrious
2011-09-03, 07:17 PM
Jackson

"Black, on the other hand, is never out of style."

Jackson was dressed as always; entirely in black, and so wrapped in shadows that all of his features were unrecognizable. Black robe, black gloves, a black helmet with lensed goggles...the sole exception was the long, threadbare white scarf wrapped haphazardly around his neck.

He's been idylly toying with a small mass of shadowstuff; with various deft movements, he's been shaping it into a variety of shapes, from a simple coin to what appeared to be a thimble.

"At least, it never is in the places where wearing Black isn't a crime."

Dakuwan
2011-09-04, 04:35 AM
The RU

While all of you are conversing, you hear a poof and suddenly a small explosion of flame happens near the ceiling, not too far from Senka. Its light flashes across the room and holds as a sparrow, seemingly completely made of fire, flies down to the center of the room. All of you are very accustom to the appearance of Hell Sparrow, Bachstahl's magical messenger. You have never seen Bachstahl cast this spell, if you've ever asked her about it she goes on like she didn't hear you, and if you ask anyone in Black Company they say they've never seen her cast any spell ever.

The Fiery apparition speaks and you hear Bachstahl's voice. Her voice is smooth yet strong, and she always speaks with a finesse to her words that could persuade time to stand still. "Good Day my Rogue unit, your success on the battle field brings glory to Black Company, I thank you. I have a new contract for you. Count Dontus', of the town New Home, daughter has been kidnapped, by a gnome named Mopik. Mopik is the leader of a small band of thugs or some such. His daughter's name is Sarelia. He offers the five of you 25,000 gold a piece for the job. Do you accept the contract?

All posts to the entire group will be posted as RU (Rogue Unit). If ever a post is for an individual only, their name will head the post. You know that you can speak to Bachstahl through Hell Sparrow. You never heard of Count Dontus or his daughter, but you have heard of New Home. Its a small town with a decent food market and an ok inn. Not much in the realm of trade except if you want mundane things like nails, horseshoes, clothes, etc. Its about three days ride to the south west if you go straight, off the roads. The road eventually winds down toward it but taking it will add about another day of travel. Moving the Legion is another matter, it will take the legion about a week to get there by road, 5 days if they go straight, if you keep their pace, which cannot be helped due to their numbers. Unless they are pushed hard to make up time. Also if you go straight you will have to pass though the Serenity forest, famous for its friendly animals.

Silver Night
2011-09-04, 12:35 PM
No rest for the wicked. Shall we collect our pay and then go bail out this count's daughter?

GFawkes
2011-09-04, 10:28 PM
Sounds good to me. Haven't had a tussle with thugs in a while, it should be fun.

Stycotl
2011-09-05, 02:23 PM
Xie laughs when Rayner mentions repeating crossbows, "You have to look to the future, my man. Crossbows are yesterday's projectile weapon. The future belongs to black powder.

"'Course, there are still some misfire issues now, but I know some engineers in Rollendius that think they have the problem almost beat..."

As he taunts his companion, he pulls his cloth out of the bore and spins his pistol on his finger.

Then, after listening to Bachstahl's orders, he frowns, "Kidnapping? Isn't that a little low-priority for us? I mean, not to sound ungrateful for any action offered, or to mean that rescuing a poor kidnapped girl isn't a good thing to do, but we just took down an army, and Black Company has more, err... mundane teams for this kind of job."

Then he shrugs, realizing his ignorant tone, "Ah, what the Hells, I'm game."

Silver Night
2011-09-05, 02:26 PM
"For 25 big ones, I'm willing to do any milk runs that might come our way. I have a feeling that so much wouldn't be on offer if there weren't more to it, though."

industrious
2011-09-05, 02:33 PM
Jackson

"Of course it's a trap. It's always a trap. Except when it isn't. But even then...it probably is."

Jackson laughs at his own ramblings, and wipes his mouth. At least, people think he does. There is a definite hand moving towards where a mouth would be.

"But sitting still in one place always makes me bored, and the last time I got bored...well, the Duke will probably take that bounty off my head. Eventually. I live in hope, eh?"

Urist
2011-09-05, 08:38 PM
"Even if the errand is a little...undignified for our standing, 25,000 gold for essentially busywork is a good deal by any standards. If we do this quickly, we could be back here by weeks end, and with our purses a fair bit heavier. I'm quite up for this job."

Rising from his chair, Rayner begins to pack miscellaneous odds and ends into his backpack, as Gottschalk does the same.
"Oh, and Xie, as for those powder weapons, show me one that doesn't explode in hand and cost about 10 times as much as the average soldiers soldiers pay to fire, and I"ll consider them."

Dakuwan
2011-09-07, 10:46 AM
The RU

Bachstahl replies "Well, he is willing to pay the standard rate, didn't think any of you were against easy coin. Not all of you have to go if you feel it beneath you, but all who are, head over to New home"

For Imanali only
Through your keen oneness to the world you sense simple "wrongness" nearby, coming from the south. You have never felt this before, but you know what you are feeling

Silver Night
2011-09-07, 12:02 PM
"Let's collect our coin here and get going."

Keys suits actions to words and stands, packing up her scant gear, "Which route shall we take?"

GFawkes
2011-09-07, 01:46 PM
"Well, if we travel in a west-southwest arc, we should be able to make it relatively quickly. Something strikes me as odd though. Can't quite put a finger on it."

Dakuwan
2011-09-09, 03:54 PM
The RU

Bachstahl's fiery messenger flies up a little then disappears in the same poof that it appeared in. Almost at the same time a messenger from Rayner's forces enters. He is a bit out of breath, more than likely because he hustled here from the camps. He goes directly to Rayner, stands at attention and solutes. After the solute is returned, he reports. "Commander, we may have a situation, a huge, bulking, gray, humanoid is approaching from the south. Scouts can't say its human but know no other way to describe it. It hasn't reached us yet, but is heading directly for this fort, he'll probably be on us in the next 30 minutes. How should we proceed, sir?"

Stycotl
2011-09-11, 03:30 PM
i wrote up a response to this just a little bit ago, and the forum lag ate it up. usually, if i go pack from the error message to the reply page, most of what i wrote is still there, but this time all of it was gone. so here is an abbreviated version:

Xie opens his mouth to respond to Rayner's taunt, but thinks better of it and simply shrugs with a smile.

Then, as he puts his pistol back together, he listens to Imanali with curiosity. "So, we should be on the lookout for something abnormal?"

His idle curiosity grows as the Legionnaire enters and reports of the gray-colored giant. Xie grins, securing all four pistols in his shoulder harness.

"Well, we have to head south anyway. Might as well see what this guy is up to on the way. We ought to be between it and the gates if it is going to come to mischief, so we should leave now."

GFawkes
2011-09-11, 04:19 PM
"Sounds like a plan, though I still think we shouldn't directly approach the south." Imanali says, standing up and stretching.

Urist
2011-09-13, 01:40 PM
Saluting, Rayner examines the Legionarre. "At ease, son. Run on back to the HQ,and tell Lieutenant Colonel Landsknecht this: Organize A and B companies into defensive lines, 10 minutes from the fort. Have archers ready to fire on my command, focusing on the giant. Cavalry should flank it to the southeast, preparing to charge if the giant advances towards the line. Battlemage squad can support the archers as needed. C and D company should reinforce their position, preparing to cover A and B if they need to retreat. We will approach the giant first. Move out, soldier!"

Looking to his fellows, Rayner says "We need to move out. The colossus should be here soon. Can you all fly? Senka should have mass fly prepared, if need be."

Stycotl
2011-09-16, 01:58 PM
"Or I can just teleport you all. We set up a little off the road at an advantageous position and wait to see what this guy is up to."

Silver Night
2011-09-16, 04:47 PM
That sounds like a solid plan.

Urist
2011-09-16, 09:50 PM
"That is alright with me as well."

industrious
2011-09-16, 10:03 PM
"Let me check my schedule."

He mimes flipping through a book.

"I think I can pencil it in."

Dakuwan
2011-09-17, 07:14 AM
The RU

All of you are teleported out to the field. The legion is forming up, as the huge gray man trudges along toward the fort. It stand at near 14 feet tall, wearing only a large belt and loin cloth. Its body is a mass of muscle layered on muscle, body thick as a cart, its hide thick as a dragons, but has the unsightly texture known to Drow skin. Atop its head are two small vestigial horns, that only elude to the thickness of its skull, two large canines protrude from its lower jaw, at level with its eye, which are very human in appearance. But beyond all that his most noticeable feature are his massive hands, big enough to palm a full adult human with ease.

It yells to the legion before him, his speech slow and oddly accented "Clear out! This place will be the love nest for me and my honey. If you don't leave, I will break you in two, I warn you."

Jackson & Keys
You feel that the creature is some sort of null spot in magic, much like a construct

Rayner
You feel a great deal of static when sensing his mind, you have felt this before when you have dealt with beings who've had psionic resistance

Imanali
You sense that this thing is the heart of the wrong you felt earlier

Xie Feng
You feel from the way this thing carries itself that its combat capabilities are much akin to a trained animal, not much formal training, mostly instinct and experience.

GFawkes
2011-09-17, 10:47 AM
"And where is the unlucky lady right now?" Imanali says, trying to shake off the feeling of wrongness.

Silver Night
2011-09-17, 01:56 PM
Right, we'll clear right out.

[roll0] Know: Arcana to figure out what it is.
[roll1] Know: The Planes
[roll2] Know: Religion
[roll3] Spellcraft (in case it's a construct, might be relevant).

Dakuwan
2011-09-18, 10:14 AM
Keys
You have never seen this creature before, or heard of it. You don't know if its a construct or not, but doesn't really look like one or act like one. All you have is the null feeling you get from it. It looks similar to a large ogre, but the huge hands completely throw it off.

Dakuwan
2011-09-18, 10:19 AM
The RU

All of you are not directly blocking its path, as its on the road heading straight to the fort, and all of you are off to the side observing (or so I thought). It makes no response to your statements and questions as it only seems concerned with things that block its path to the fort (the legion)

The legion finishes forming up and is ready strike, the creature is within charging distance of the legion forces.

GFawkes
2011-09-18, 12:54 PM
Rustling his cloak and producing his bow, Imanali draws an arrow. "I don't think you understand. This area is occupado."

Silver Night
2011-09-18, 12:55 PM
Keys stares intently at a spot just ahead of the creature.

Attempt to cast a 0th level silent image of a small, inoffensive rock just a bit ahead of the creature. Automatically stilled and silent casting.

Urist
2011-09-18, 03:25 PM
If the creature gets close enough to attack the Legion or any one of us, follow this course:
"I beg to disagree, creature. If you beleive you will even DARE challenge the legion, you are sadly mistaken. Senka, we're going to blast that creature from the face of the earth!" Concentrating, Senka begins to form a large, crystalline blade, the air rippling with psionic energy as the crystal forms. Senka, standing close by, lends magical aid to theconstruction, making the crystal even more deadly.

Rayner is manifesting a crystal ray, augmented with 19, which is an PR/SR:No projectile, dealing 18d6 damage normally. He is also using Split Psionic ray, expending his psicrystals psionic focus and expending two power points, in order to create two crystals, each aimed at the dragon. Senka is using Cooperative Metamagic in order to tack on an empower and win, bringing the total effective level of the power up to 15. He auto-succeeds on the spellcraft check(18+(3*15)=63, thus bringing the total number of rays up to four, each doing 27d6 damage, aimed at the dragon. Two attack rolls, one for each, ranged touch.
[roll0]
[roll1]

In the meantime, Gottschalk, taking the cue, runs to stand in front of the creature, staring up at it defiantly. "You will not hurt my comrades!" he says, staring the monster down with the absolute conviction of one powerful in faith.

Forgot to roll damage. I'll do that in the OOC thread. This only goes through in the assumption that the creature initiates combat/another of my comrades attack. If those conditions are not meet, assume this course of action:

"Senka, get me in front of that thing, now!" Obeying, Senka picks up Rayner easily, as one would a doll, and flies over to float in front of the beast, near face level. A momentary sheen of ectoplasm appears on Rayner, before he speaks,his tone commanding, yet genial. "Might I ask your business, sir? You are entering restricted military ground. Surely there are better places you could set up shop, rather than in the middle of a fortress full of soldiers?"

Rolls-See OOC thread

Knowledge:Arcana(Senka)
Knowledge(Psionics)-Rayner
Knowledge(Religion)-Gottschalk
Diplomacy(Rayner)
Moment of Prescience manifested on the flight over, applied to diplomacy roll.

Stycotl
2011-09-18, 03:47 PM
initiative roll: [roll0]

spend 7 pp for a psionic dimension door to land atop the gatehouse.

Xie watches the thing approach the gate, studying it while it moves in closer. "You guys reading anything on this beast? I'm getting the sensation that it really is more of a beast than anything else. Doesn't seem to move or act like it is a humanoid."

As it gets closer to the walls, Xie changes his tactical plan and looks toward the gates. With a simple rustle of displaced air, he is now atop the left gatehouse, overlooking the gate. A pistol is in each hand, and the corners of his mouth turn up as he listens to the beast's challenge.

"I bet this guy would be fun to drink with after the fight––if he's smart and stands down."

if more time passes before the fight breaks, he'll manifest freedom of movement psionic and energy retort.

industrious
2011-09-18, 04:18 PM
Jackson

Shadowy wings boil upwards from the ground, and affix themselves onto Jackson's back. He lazily swirls and circles so that he is directly in front of the creature.

Knowledge: arcana [roll0]
Knowledge: the planes [roll1]
Knowledge: religion [roll2]

"Come," the warlock says, his voice low and like gilded honey. "Let us reason together. There are plenty of other areas that would be suitable for your beloved and yourself..."

Using the invocation Devil's Whispers: Suggestion, with a Will Save DC of 31

Dakuwan
2011-09-20, 12:09 PM
The RU

As Jackson appears before the creature, he speaks, the creatures reacts by yelling "I warned you" and pulls his fist back for a blow. When this happens Rayner levels him with crystal rays, one is dodged, but the others catch him full on in the chest, doing a great amount of damage, but blasts of crystals did not stop the monster from laying into Jackson. His first blow coming down and smashing the ground before Jackson, missing only barely, but the other three were a horrific display of the creatures strength and ferocity. Gottschalk arrives at the end of the creature fourth blow.

Roll initiative if you wish to participate in this fight

Jackson

the creature punched you one times, doing damage in this amount, 36. A total of 36 bludgeoning damage. You felt your magic bounce off the creature in the same way it would a construct. Your knowledge checks gave you little of the creature, you have never studied or heard of such a creature. But for this reason you believe it to be some sort of mage creation, like a chimera

Rayner/Senka
In all your experience you have never seen or heard of such a creature. The only thing you can think of is it must've made somehow.

Keys
your rock spell worked

Imanali & Xie
since you had weapons drawn, do your attacks and damage, they will go through before we enter initiative

GFawkes
2011-09-20, 01:25 PM
Firing his bow rapidly, four arrows fly from Imanali to the....thing. Between shots, Voxeli darts around to the other side of the beast.

Imanali

Full Attack with the Bow of the Wintermoon and Raptor Arrows.
Regular Attack Bonus: +27/+22/+17/+12
Relic Power (Arrows): Bane Property
Final Rolls:
Attack 1:
[roll0]
Damage 1:
[roll1]+[roll2]+9

Attack 2:
[roll3]
Damage 2:
[roll4]+[roll5]+9

Attack 3:
[roll6]
Damage 3:
[roll7]+[roll8]+9

Attack 4:
[roll9]
Damage 4:
[roll10]+[roll11]+9

Voxeli

Move to the other side of the creature avoining Attacks of Opportunity. If this takes less than 50 ft of movement, then attack.

Bite Attack w/ Multiattack
Attack 1:
[roll12]
Damage 1:
[roll13]

Attack 2:
[roll14]
Damage 2:
[roll15]

industrious
2011-09-20, 02:01 PM
Jackson

Initiative:[roll0]

"It appears to be immune to magic..." Jackson notes, somehow, despite the shadows clinging to his face, seeming to be smirking.

"But it is a thing of brute force. How...quaint."

And with that, Jackson...shifts. Changes. The tips of the warlock's fingers seemingly dissolve, and reform; batlike shapes appear that claw and bite and the rest of his body, until the man is gone and the swarm of menacing shadows is all that remains.

The mass of foul and briefly seen creatures swarms over the Construct, biting, tearing, and devouring.

Standard Action: Dark Discorporation Invocation. Notes: +6 to Deflection and +3 to Dexterity while in this form.
Move Action: position self as to engulf the chimera. [roll1] Damage (counting as a magic weapon of good and chaotic alignment) , and it must make a DC 31 Fort save or be nauseated.

Urist
2011-09-21, 08:38 AM
Rolling Initiative-

[roll0]

"You've really asked for it now, creature. Legionaries, fire at will! Senka, flank with Gottschalk and destroy it!"

Obeying, Gottschalk lashes out with his quarterstaff, glowing with divine power as he attempts to destroy the creature who is threatening his comrades.

Senka, his invisibility holding, moves to flank with Gottschalk, lashing out with the tentacles attached to his shoulders, and the knives clouding around him.

Rolls-

Gottschalk:

Full Attack-

Gottschalk, at the beginning of his turn, transfers the enhancement bonus on one end of his quarterstaff from the defending enhancement to an offensive bonus, bringing his AC down to 63, but upping his attack bonus to 37/37/32/27/22(extra attack comes from Righteous Wrath of the Faithful). He also is flanking, bringing it up to 39/39/34/29/24. Secondary claws and bites from Bite of the Werebear come in at 30/28.
Rolls:
Full Attack-
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Damage-
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
Secondary Attacks-
[roll11]
[roll12]
Damage-
[roll13]
[roll14]
Senka-
Senka uses his move action to get behind the creature, flanking it. His standard action is used to make one quarterstaff attack, and uses the two tentacle attacks from Evard's Menacing Tentacles(Spell Compendium) to attack as a free action. Also as a free action, he directs one knife from the Cloud of Knives Spell(PHB II). All the melee attacks are touch attacks(Persisted Wraithstrike). Extra damage comes from strength and Craven(Champions of Ruin)-adds +1 to sneak attack damage per character level. Sneak attack is 27d6(Class feature+Gloom Sneak Attack from Shapechange)
Rolls-
Quarterstaff-
[roll15]
Damage-[roll16]
Tentacles-
[roll17]
[roll18]
Damage-
[roll19]+[roll20]
[roll21]+[roll22]
Knife(Cloud of Knives)-
Attack Roll-
[roll23]
Damage-
[roll24]

Edit: Oops, messed up the dies. Gottschalk should be rolling 1d6+21, not 1d20+21 for damage...

Silver Night
2011-09-21, 11:58 PM
Keys regards the scene, and the small rock near the beast turns into an ogre waving a club.

Might as well try and distract it, since most of my spells are SR:yes and I suspect it would be able to avoid them.

Dakuwan
2011-09-22, 01:36 PM
Xie

The wall is 30 feet tall, spotting the creature is easy as it is huge, its down the field about 300 ft. away, straight ahead. Between you and him and the legion. Hitting the target won't be difficult as none of your companions block your sight. The gate towers are even with the wall (its not too big a fort). Before initiative begins you have the surprise round to act.

Stycotl
2011-09-23, 10:08 PM
Xie rolls his shoulders and cracks his neck, trying to limber up a bit as his comrade trades the first blows with the brute. There is a flare of light around him that accompanies a low thrum of energy, and suddenly the air about him is as frigid as the bottom of the ocean.

swift act to manifest temporal acceleration, at 19 pp total, for 3 extra rounds of actions.
stats:
––temporal acceleration (psychoportation): swift act; personal (self); 1 round duration or more (instantaneous in apparent time); 11 pp; while this power is in effect, other creatures are invulnerable to him and cannot be affected (though they can be targetted for effects that happen after duration); can affect unattended objects; undetectable by outside world by any means while power lasts; cannot enter an area of antimagic or similar effect; normal fire, cold, acid, etc can still harm him if in contact with them; resume action as normal upon power's end, but shaken (-2 attacks, saves, skill and ability checks) for 1 round afterward; schismed or otherwise partitioned minds are not sped up (only primary mind is); +4 pp for +1 extra round out of normal time stream

first round, standard act to manifest freedom of movement, at 7 pp total
stats:
––freedom of movement, psionic (psychoportive): auditory; standard; personal; 10 min/level; 7 pp; can move and act normally even when grappled, or targeted by an effect that impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, web, etc; automatically succeed on a grapple check (though must still be able to make grapple check), or Escape Art checks to escape a grapple or pin (but must be able to make check); allows movement at full speed and melee attacks w/out penalty underwater, but doesn't allow water breathing

second round, standard act to manifest a cold energy retort, at 5 pp total
stats:
––energy retort (psychokinesis): visual; standard act; personal target w/ close range effect; self (and attacking creature); 1 min/level; reflex half or fort half/SR yes; 5 pp; choose an energy type; gain a field of that energy that surrounds him and reaches out automatically to touch the first creature each round to attack him (melee, ranged, spell, Sp, Su, Ex, etc); deals 4d6 chosen energy damage with a ranged touch attack; requires line of sight and effect and he must be able to identify the source of the attack; cold (+1 damage/dice; fort save isntead of reflex save); electricity (+2 save DC and +2 manifester level for SR purposes); fire (+1 damage/dice); sonic (-1 damage/dice; ignores hardness); +1 pp for +1 minute duration

third round, full round act to manifest true metabolism, at 15 pp total
stats:
––true metabolism (psychometabolism): material; full round act; personal; self; 1 min/level; 15 pp; gain regeneration 10 (does not regenerate hp loss due to starvation, thirst, suffocation, etc); can regrow/reattach lost body parts if he does nothing else but concentrate on effect for duration

xie is now shaken until his next turn.

total power point expenditure this round: 46.

current power point reserve: 320/388.

Dakuwan
2011-09-24, 05:04 AM
The RU

Imanali's arrows fly unerringly but all but one bounce off the creature, it growls in slight annoyance. Veloxi dashes in and attacks viciously, but his attack don't even catch the huge gray monster's attention. Xie has prepared himself for this battle.

Imanali won initiative, it is now his first turn in initiative order

GFawkes
2011-09-24, 12:43 PM
Seeing how ineffective the arrows were, Imanali rustles his cloak once the arrows return and draws his blades, turns invisible, then charges at the creature.

Firstly, Imanali is a male. Don't make him prove it.

Secondly, activate ring of sequestering as a free action, then charge at the creature in a manner that sets up a flank with Voxeli.

Bonuses to attack:
Invisible: +2, and target loses DEX modifier to AC
Charge: +2
Flanking: +2

Also, due to dual wielding, I gain a shield bonus to AC. I want to know if Two Weapon Defense (a +1 bonus) and Improved Two Weapon Defense (a +2 bonus) stack or not.

At any rate, here's the attack roll.
Attack:
[roll0]
If critical (19-20, confirm roll below, then add a prismatic spray effect
Damage:
[roll1]+[roll2]+9
If the creature doesn't count as alive (such as being a construct), then ignore the d6
Critical Confirm:
[roll3]
If Critical, Prismatic spray effect (applies even if immune to criticals):
[roll4]

Dakuwan
2011-09-24, 06:50 PM
The RU

Imanali disappears, then suddenly the creature looks back for a second, as if looking to see if something touched him, then ignores it. Gottschalk then unleashed a flurry of attacks that stagger the creature for a moment. The sound of other blows bouncing off the creature are heard, but are also ignored by the creature. It rears its ugly head and stares daggers at Gottshcalk.

Rayner himself can make a move, Senka's blows bounced off the creature, Imanli's blow hit but did not do significant damage. If Rayner does not attack, then we will move on in initiative.

Urist
2011-09-25, 01:04 AM
Rayner, seeing the ineffectiveness of his companions mundane blows, begins manifesting yet another crystal ray, not as devastating as the last, but still dangerous.

Rayner uses his move to regain Psionic Focus, and manifests a Crystal ray, augmented using 11 power points, dealing 11d6 base damage. He expends his normal focus(used for two due to Epic Psionic Focus) and his psicrystals focus(Psicrystal Containment) in order to apply the Empower Power, Split Psionic Ray, and Twin Power metapsionic feats to the ray. This again results in four rays, each doing 16d6 damage, no SR, PR, or DR. This expends a total of 21 power points.

Rolls-
First 2-[roll0]
Second Two[roll1]
Damage(First 2)-
[roll2]
[roll3]
Damage(Second two)
[roll4]
[roll5]

Dakuwan
2011-09-25, 06:07 AM
The RU

The creature dodges the crystal rays, then returns his focus to Gottschalk, and starts a grapple with him.

Please have Gottschalk roll an opposed grapple check

Urist
2011-09-25, 09:04 AM
Grunting with the effort, Gottshcalk grapples with the massive creature, attempting to throw it off balance. As they grapple, Gottshchalk makes an impassioned plea to his diety, and holy radiance streams off his holy symbol.

If his concentration check succeeds, he's using miracle to imitate Giant Size, growing to colossal and getting a +32 enhancement bonus to strength, bringing his grapple bonus up to a +53.

Gottschalk's Grapple-
[roll0]
Concentration:
[roll1]

Them thar two natural twenties are mighty strange. The dice roller loves me today, I guess.

Dakuwan
2011-09-25, 11:25 AM
The RU

As Gottschalk expands 40 times his normal weight and 10 times his normal size, the asphalt and earth beneath him rip up debris that go flying in every direction. Since his size and mass changed in an instant Gottschalk is thrown off balance by the sudden shift in his center of balance, since before he was struggling upward to fight a grapple and now is struggling upward to fight air.

Have Gottschalk make a balance check not to fall prone. Senka, Veloxi, Xie, and Jackson make reflex saves to avoid flying debris.

Rayner only
Gottschalk took 40 damage from the creatures touch attack.

Urist
2011-09-25, 12:10 PM
Gottschalk, struggling to maintain his balance, wobbles around on his feet, unused to his new, larger form.

Balance:

[roll0]

Senka attempts to jink out of the way of flying debris, twisting his nimble body to avoid the shards of asphalt.

Reflex Save-[roll1]

GFawkes
2011-09-25, 12:44 PM
Voxeli jumps to the side, trying to avoid the rubble from the sudden growth.

Reflex Save:
[roll0], plus Evasion

Stycotl
2011-09-25, 03:53 PM
A few hundred feet away, still atop the gate, Xie watches as his companion suddenly grows to titan-size and caves in the earth around him. He whistles, impressed, when the ground erupts around the combatants, flinging rocks and earth into the air.

When it becomes obvious that the barrage of debris is going to reach the walls, Xie curses and yells to the soldiers around him as he crouches behind a battlement.

"Ready shields! Take cover!"

reflex save: [roll0]

whose turn is it now?

Dakuwan
2011-09-26, 08:19 AM
The RU

Gottschalk catches his balance, and stands as a mighty colossus ready for battle. The Rogue unit members and their extension avoid debris damage, Imanali, most keenly, as the gray beast blocked the debris that would've hit him by happen stance. And the battle rages on.

Gottschalk change in size effectively broke the grapple. Its Keys' turn in initiative

Silver Night
2011-09-28, 02:29 AM
Keys places a circlet on her head and mutters a few words.

Casting shapechange.

Dakuwan
2011-09-28, 09:39 PM
The RU

Its Xie's turn in initiative

Stycotl
2011-10-04, 01:49 AM
sorry about that. i was watching the thread. promise. school gets in the way and i completely lose track of the days passing.

the monster is still 300 feet from the wall?

Dakuwan
2011-10-05, 10:41 AM
Xie

yes he is still 300 ft from the wall, he's a little stuck with everyone attacking him there.

Stycotl
2011-10-06, 01:39 AM
sorry for the lag. i'm dealing with a computer crisis here, where my new computer is in the shop with graphics card issues, my old computer is going kaput, and my senior projects 3d modeling homework is piling up faster than i can handle.

as such, this is going to be brief.

Xie growls in irritation at no one in particular, having wanted the enemy to come to him, and decides that it is expedient for him to join his companions at the front of the battle.

As he summons the mental power needed for instantaneous travel, he looks sarcastically to one of the legionnaires standing on the wall beside him, "Watch, as soon as I leave to go over there, the bad guy's going to finally make his way over here..."

Then he sighs and disappears, reappearing about 40 feet away from the brute, somewhat between it and the fortress.

standard act, manifest inconstant location, at 11 pp:
––inconstant location (psychoportive; teleportation): visual; standard act; self; 1 minute; 11 pp; for the duration, as a swift act at the beginning of any turn, he can choose to teleport to another spot w/in line of sight, so long as it is w/in the distance that he could move in 1 move action; can bring objects weighing up to maximum load; doesn't provoke AoO; can take actions as normal afterward; +1 pp for +1 round duration

then move act, manifest psionic dimension door at 13 pp total:
––dimension door, psionic (psychoportive; teleportation): visual; standard act; long; self and touched objects or willing creatures; instant; no save/SR (except attended objects); instantly transfer self and up to maximum load of objects and 1 willing medium or smaller creature (and their maximum load)/3 levels; 7 pp; all subjects to be transported must physically touch; arriving in place occupied w/ solid body shunts subjects to random open space w/in 100' of intended location and they all take 1d6 damage; if there is no free space w/in 100' of desired location, all subjects take 2d6 damage and are shunted to random free space w/in 1,000'; if there is no free space w/in 1,000', spell fails and all subjects take 4d6 damage; +6 pp manifest as move act; -2 pp for full round manifest instead of standard act; -2 pp for 20' teleport only; +2 pp for dazzling display left in area of departure, dazzling all creatures w/in 1' of previous location (no save)

total power point expenditure this round: 24

current power point reserve: 296/380

current buffs: psionic freedom of movement, energy retort, inconstant location, true metabolism

Dakuwan
2011-10-06, 11:02 AM
RU

It is Jackson's turn, Jackson's origanal action can come into play now that it is his turn, but he may want to change it due to the new situation. Which is totally allowed.

Dakuwan
2011-10-15, 11:25 PM
RU

It is Veloxi's turn in initiative

GFawkes
2011-10-17, 12:48 AM
Continuing to chomp, Voxeli chews at the beast, trying to yank it down. On the other side, Imanali moves his blades in a whirlwind of adamantine against the leg of the creature.

Voxeli does a full attack, with the wolf racial ability to initiate a trip attempt if the bite attack hits
Attack 1:
[roll0]
Damage 1:
[roll1]
Attack 2:
[roll2]
Damage 2:
[roll3]
Trip Attempt:
[roll4]

Imanali does a Full Attack, re-Sequestering if needed. If an attack from both the primary blade and secondary blade, an extra 1d6+11 damage is done

Primary Blade:

Attack 1:
[roll5]
Damage 1:
[roll6]+[roll7]
Attack 2:
[roll8]
Damage 2:
[roll9]+[roll10]
Attack 3:
[roll11]
Damage 3:
[roll12]+[roll13]
Attack 4:
[roll14]
Damage 4:
[roll15]+[roll16]

Critical Confirmations and Prismatic Effects if needed:

1:[roll17]
Effect 1: [roll18]
2:[roll19]
Effect 2: [roll20]
3:[roll21]
Effect 3: [roll22]
4:[roll23]
Effect 4: [roll24]

Secondary Blade:

Attack 1:
[roll25]
Damage 1:
[roll26]
Attack 2:
[roll27]
Damage 2:
[roll28]
Attack 3:
[roll29]
Damage 3:
[roll30]

Critical Confirmations:
1: [roll31]
2: [roll32]
3: [roll33]

Rend Damage:
[roll34]

Dakuwan
2011-10-19, 02:13 AM
RU

The creature artfully dodges Veloxi at every turn, making him unable to land a blow. Many of Imanali's blows land and the creature is disconcerted, but seems to be harmed little.

Rayner and his party are up in init.

Urist
2011-10-19, 09:09 PM
Gottschalk, towering over the creature, takes the opportunity to rain down a series of powerful blows, attempting to stagger the creature and destroy it utterly. Senka, meanwhile, attempts to do the same, attacking the creature relentlessly, poking and prodding at vital areas on the creature, attempting to pick out a weak spot and attack.
Gottschalk rolls:

Attack rolls-
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Crit confirmations, if necessary:
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Bite-
[roll10]
Crit Confirmation-
[roll11]

Attack rolls for claws
Claws-[roll12]
[roll13]
Crit confirmation, if necessary-
[roll14]
[roll15]

Damage(Quarterstaff)
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
Damage(bite)-
[roll21]
Damage(Claws)-[roll22]
[roll23]

Senka Rolls-

Attack rolls for quarterstaff/tentacles-
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
Crit Confirmations-
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Tentacles-
[roll30]
[roll31]

Crit Confirmations-
[roll32]
[roll33]

Damage rolls(Quarterstaff)
[roll34](Weapon and Strength)+[roll35]
[roll36](Weapon and Strength)+[roll37]
[roll38](Weapon and Strength)+[roll39]

Damage(Tentacles)
[roll40]+[roll41]
[roll42]+[roll43]

Rayner, meanwhile, uses a Stygian Conflagration, such that the 15 foot spread doesn't catch Gottschalk or Senka in it's blast, augmented to 21 power points.

The creature takes [roll44] negative levels, no save.

Dakuwan
2011-10-23, 01:00 AM
All

The Gray Monster goes staggering after a heavy assault from Senka and Gottschalk, and even though he looks a mess he yet stands. The black flare at it s feet ignites, but the creature is unaffected. The monster reaches out for one of his many invisible assailants but misses.

it is Keys' turn in initiative

Silver Night
2011-10-24, 01:16 AM
Keys turns into a huge, two headed dragon like creature and breaths from both heads.

Approach the creature, turn into a Dread Linnorm (MM2, page 140).

Line of fire: [roll0]
Line of cold: [roll1]

Reflex DC 30

Dakuwan
2011-10-24, 10:51 AM
RU

The breath weapons hit the creature and he rolls to the floor dead. His body ignites into a black flame, burning its body down to ash. A line of blue light darts out and hits and passes through all of the RU save for Jackson and Xie, then races out toward the south east.

All are out of initiative, and gain 5k xp

Silver Night
2011-10-24, 09:26 PM
Keys changes back to normal, "Well, that was... bracing."

GFawkes
2011-10-24, 11:09 PM
Fading back into view, Imanali examines the body. "What scares me is that it said it had a mate, which means it has possibly reproduced, or may even just be a single example of a species."

Urist
2011-10-25, 10:43 AM
"If there are more of these things than one or two, this could be quite dangerous for us. This one already took a lot of resources to destroy. I think I shall do my best to find out some more about this abomination."
Moving over to the corpse, Rayner manifests a conduit to the negative energy plane, attempting to animate the corpse.

Overchanneling(damage) [roll0] manifesting Psianimate Undead. This, if the creatures hit dice are less than manifester level*2(48, in this case) it will be animated as an undead creature. It gains the Undead type, all hit dice are changed to d12's, and it loses all supernatural or spell like abilities. It keeps all Extraordinary abilities and special qualities, as well as maintaining all ability scores except for Constitution.

Stycotl
2011-10-28, 11:12 PM
Xie flinches as the blue light races past him, then sees that it actually touches some of the legion back on the wall. He narrows his eyes and teleports back to the wall, asking the men if they are all right up there.

Dakuwan
2011-11-01, 03:11 PM
Xie

All the men say they are fine and applaud the actions of the group.

Dakuwan
2011-11-01, 03:13 PM
All

The reanimation of the creatures ashes fails.

Silver Night
2011-11-01, 09:01 PM
Keys approaches the others, "Anyone have any idea what the heck that was?"

GFawkes
2011-11-01, 09:07 PM
"No, but I think I know where to find someone that does." Imanali replies, indicating the large footprints left by the creature.

Stycotl
2011-11-03, 01:31 AM
Xie takes another moment to survey the troops further out on the walls, and satisfied, teleports back to his group. "Well, that was more strange than anything. I wonder what his purpose was."

Silver Night
2011-11-03, 03:53 AM
Perhaps we should follow its trail and see that there aren't more of them on the way?

Stycotl
2011-11-04, 02:21 PM
"Sounds like a good plan to me."

Dakuwan
2011-11-04, 02:36 PM
RU

The trail is easily followed and leads to the Southwest, toward the Serenity Forest which is 70 miles away.

@Urist
Is the legion coming along for this mission?Any prep the group would like to do before heading out please post.

Silver Night
2011-11-06, 01:53 AM
Keys starts following the trail, once everyone is ready.

GFawkes
2011-11-06, 03:11 AM
Imanali crouches by the print, examining it for details and indicators about direction.

Track Roll
1d20+32
Trying to track the big thing. Though if the footprints are big enough, I think a spot check might work better.

Dakuwan
2011-11-07, 10:42 AM
The RU

The trail leads straight to Serenity forest. If the trail is followed straight, the group comes to the forest a little before nightfall.

When the group reaches a mile before the forest make spot and listen checks. For each check over 25, make a will save as well if you are not currently immune to mind effects from evil creatures

Dakuwan
2011-11-07, 11:10 AM
Somewhere Else...

A thin blue light streaks through an open window. It pierces a man shrouded in darkness, only his pale features under his helm helm and gauntlets are rightly visible. He grimaces, "Grayback is dead" he states, his voice solid but filled with calm rage.

From the darkness another voice adds in, higher in pitch with a haughtiness to it "Victoria will not be pleased"

A young girls voice responds "Thats the understatement of the year"

Seems they are pretty strong, I guess they would have to be, Grayback could take alot of punishment" says a raspy voice.

"Good, I need a challenge for once" says man, very nonchalant.

"Don't take them lightly, they did after all kill Grayback" says a calm voice almosst a whisper

The original speaker talks again "it doesn't matter, we'll kill them all"