PDA

View Full Version : The Four Souls of Acherus IC

Pages : [1] 2

darkillini
2011-09-03, 09:34 AM
A searing flash of pain bounces through you head as you slowly awaken. Around you the ground seems burned. You clothes are in threads and the rest of your belongings are missing.

And then you remembered.... You were just living your life as it was when suddenly, the world exploded in a fountain of colors and sensations. It quickly turned black as your brain must have shut down to protect itself.

Taking a couple of deep breaths makes the pain dull a bit. Laying on the ground around you are several others, none of them familiar. Then, you hear a scream, a shout of anger as a bewildered man comes charging out of the bushes, swinging a sword above his head....

battle thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11774058#post11774058)

darkillini
2011-09-03, 06:24 PM
as the acid melts away at the now deceased body of the crazed man, getting to look at his body, other then the rags hes wearing you find a set of crudely fashioned leather armor, a longsword which is of good quality, but poorly kept and a sack on his back. In the sack you find 10 pieces (that would translate to 10 gp) worth of dried meat, nuts and roots (preservable food), some strings used for trapping, a flask of water and some flint.

looking around you, you see the clearing that you found yourself waking up in is about 100 ft in diameter, with trees ringing the clearing.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-03, 06:34 PM
Erfaron, wary of the lizard that just disintigrated the man, takes a moment to examine the other people who are present.

A human, a reptile and a bird. lovely.

Idly picking up another rock, he takes a few steps away from the group. Keeping an eye on them, in case they decide to keep melting people with acid, he looks farther around him, scanning what he can see for clues as to what kind of land he is in, and if he can find his way home.

(((Knowledge(Geography) check: [roll0] )))

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-03, 06:50 PM
Alexandros takes a look at the elf slowly backing away and laughs.

"Heh. Smart elf, you realized that just because we aren't actively trying to kill you doesn't mean we aren't dangerous. You can relax though, I personally mean you no harm unless you want to attack me. Arthun blessed me with your company for a reason. I see no reason for me not to tag along with you for the time being.

Alexandros turns to the other creatures
"The rest of you however... speak up, what is your name do you know what happened here or do you wish to challenge me and end up like this man. Alexandros motions to the corpse.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-03, 07:05 PM
(((in response to Alexandros, before he does the check)))

"Good. I do not wish another fight today. As for me, I want to see if I can tell where we are."

Road_Runner
2011-09-04, 11:53 AM
Taerquin stands, folding his wings behind his back and crossing his arms while examining the others.

"Well, I do not know who you strange peoples are; all I know is that my raptoran village is destroyed and I have nowhere to go. Although, I do know that that direction is north-(pointing in the correct direction due to his unerring direction raptoran ability)"

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-04, 12:56 PM
Alexandros looks around at the general destruction of the area and speaks to the group.
I am pretty sure you are not going to be able to figure out where we are elf. The general destruction might mess with your navigational skills. We also were either planeshifted of teleported here since none of us were near each other before the apocalypse happened. On another note however, I believe it would be mutually beneficial if our little group here works together until we figure out what is going on. I personally won't be much help constructing a small house or structure to sleep in but I am quite able to construct tools and armor for you if you need me to earn my keep. I will need to have someone gather the materials I need of course.

OOC
What time is it actually? If its dark out we need to set up a shelter pretty fast

Road_Runner
2011-09-04, 01:08 PM
"Well, I am used to providing for my raptoran home village. I can obtain food and wood to set up camp." Gesturing to the longsword, "If you don't mind, I am in desperate need of a weapon, and there could be more enemies nearby."

darkillini
2011-09-04, 01:42 PM
erfaron is unable to distinguish where in the world you four are, however he is able to confirm that taerquin is correct in the direction he points to as north.

as the sun rises a little more, you are able to tell that it is just the crack of dawn, instead of the last moments of sunlight, leaving you a full day before you.

Demidos
2011-09-04, 01:47 PM
Sticking together sounds like a good idea. I can help set up camp and have some other skills as well says Osten

AntiMatter101
2011-09-04, 05:55 PM
Erfaron nods, "You are right, I am not familiar with this place. If you wish, we can stick together, survival is more likely in groups anyway. Still, I do not wish to be here if whatever dumped us here comes looking for us. We should try to find a better site to build in. Preferably something with high ground. For the present, here is suitable, but the sooner we move the better."

Gesturing to the remains of the dead man, "If I could have the remains of his armour, the winged-man and I could hunt."

Road_Runner
2011-09-04, 07:20 PM
Taerquin goes to pick up the sword. "Fine. We won't have to camp for a while, and I don't think it wise to stay here. Let us go."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-04, 07:44 PM
If no-one objects, Erfaron dons the crude leather armor and heads out into the forest to hunt with Taerquin.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-04, 07:59 PM
Alexandros looks around for any tall areas in the region.
Spot:
[roll0]

Alexandros speaks First we should also introduce ourselves if we are to work together. Saying wingman and elf is slightly demeaning. I am Alexandros Kiskue, you may call me Alex or Kiskue if you wish. I would also prefer to move a little out of this clearing and into the brush, we are too visible here.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-04, 08:11 PM
Sorry bout the double post I forgot about something.

Alexandros speaks up "If no one objects I will go out with Otense to look for materials for a shelter of some sort".

Assuming its a profession roll to gather the materials, like wood etc. Maybe vines to help bind things?
[roll0]

AntiMatter101
2011-09-04, 08:15 PM
Adjusting a last strap on the armour, Erfaron adresses Alexandros. "Very well then, Kiskue, I am Erfaron. And just to be clear, I am a Wild Elf, not one of those pansy elves that live in their forest-cities." He is grinning, in a very animalistic way.

If the others walk into the forest, he follows. Following any discussion, he hunts for food.

darkillini
2011-09-04, 08:24 PM
Alexandros sees a lot of trees, but can't tell if any are taller then the others, and almost mistakes a tree for a bush in the distance once.
wandering into the woods to find materials ends up yielding 5.7 Sp worth of wood, and vines at the end of the day.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-04, 08:34 PM
Roll for 8 hours of looking for food [roll0] (survival)

Road_Runner
2011-09-04, 09:13 PM
Taerquin also disappears into the forest, bringing his longsword to hunt and gather wood (4 hours each)

Survival: [roll0]

Profession(woddcutting): [roll1]

darkillini
2011-09-04, 09:15 PM
as i said ooc, one or the other, can't do both in one day, as each takes 8 hours minimum

Demidos
2011-09-04, 09:19 PM
Osten decided to tag along with Alex (despite his horrid mangling of Osten's name), as he seemed the most inscrutable of their small group. The birdman....Taerquin...and the elf seem to be physically oriented in their capabilities, but after seeing how Alex had somehow cast some sort of spell that almost incapicated the wild warrior of the hour before, Osten decided he should learn more about Alex's talents.

Spot check for a campsite/fort location [roll0]
Profession check to assist in gathering (shelter) materials [roll1]

Edit: OOC

I guess osten will also pick up all the food and flint and water and string and other things the man has left on his body, since everyone seems to have just left it there:smallbiggrin:
Edit: including the sack and his clothes:smallbiggrin:

Road_Runner
2011-09-04, 09:47 PM
as i said ooc, one or the other, can't do both in one day, as each takes 8 hours minimum

(oops)

Taerquin goes off in the forest, bringing his longsword to go collect wood:

Profession(woodcutting):[roll0]

darkillini
2011-09-05, 01:14 PM
As you wander through the forest near the clearing Taerquin manages to find himself 7.8 SP worth of solid usable wood and sticks that can be used. on the other hand Demidos as you wander in a circle around the clearing manages to spot a trail through the brush leading south west that seems to be what the barbarian took to reach the clearing.

while walking around Erfaron using his natures skills manages to find a few bushels of sweet berries which should feed you for the day.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-05, 01:27 PM
Well since its going to get dark soon Alexandros begins to craft the shelter.

Craft(Shelter)
[roll0]

Alexandros is trying to create just a small shelter, a roof and wants to make the floor about 6 inches off the group

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 01:40 PM
Tarquin returns to the clearing, dropping an armload of wood into the clearing and seeing Alexandros building the shelter. "I guess the others aren't back yet. I hope they got some food," Taerquin says, rubbing his stomach.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 03:58 PM
Erfaron walks back into the clearing, carrying a few bushels of sweet berries. He seperates them into fourths and hands an allotment out to each of them, saying only "Food.". After consuming his quarter, he grabs a few peices of wood, and begins constructing a firepit 15 feet away from the shelter, digging out a small depression in the earth with his hands.

"Wheres the flint and steel the wild man had?"

(((what kind of check is there for firemaking?)))

Demidos
2011-09-05, 04:16 PM
Osten returns from his foray into the woods (ooc: carrying wood?). He plops it down, and closes his eyes. After a moment, he opens them again.
Are all these berries for me? I found a path out of the woods, along with some wood to add to our stockpile. It leads out to the southwest, and it seems to be the path that crazy man used to get to our clearing.
Edit: Here is the flint the man was carrying. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to need it. You can probably use it with Taerquin's sword to light the fire.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 04:21 PM
"Everyone got an equal share of the berries. So yes, those are for you." Erfaron takes the flint, aranges the wood in the pit, and silently extends his hand twords Tarquin.

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 04:31 PM
Taerquin hastily grabs his share of berries and voraciously swallows them down. "Here, you can borrow the sword to light the fire," handing the sword to Erfaron. "You found a path, you say?", cocking his head at Osten. "I think we should move out of this forest and try and figure out where we are. It could be dangerous though... we have no idea what state the outside world is in right now. Perhaps we should stay and make weapons before leaving. I am fine with this longsword, but Erfaron and Osten have nothing."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 04:42 PM
Taking the sword, Erfaron used it and the flint to strike up a fire. Once he got a good blaze going, he sat back, and fed it another peice of wood or two.

Handing the sword back to Taerquin, "I agree, on the morrow we should pack up and leave. I'll see what I can throw together for a weapon.

Walking over to their meager pile of suplies, He found a sharp looking rock and some vines and began cutting at them.

Craft(WeaponMaker) check to make a sling. [roll0] (+1 if the improvised tools matter)

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 04:54 PM
Craft (WeaponMaker) for the second sling. (I am making 2) [roll0] (+1 if improvised tools matter)

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 05:42 PM
Taerquin watches as Eldaron finishes the slings. "We should sleep now so we can get up early tomorrow morning. However, these woods are not to be trusted; we must take watches."

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-05, 06:03 PM
Alexandros devours the berries as finishes up his poor rendition of a shelter.

I agree that we need to have a watch up, however I need a full nights rest to regain my power so you three will need to make up the watch. Also I suggest we wait here an additional day, while weapons are nice we can make bags or similar items to help us carry meat or other items that we find. It shouldn't be that hard to construct them in a day. Also tomorrow I can accurately determine the general location of where we are. However, after doing so I am pretty much defenseless and am only able to manifest that power until I regain my powers again. Since we are likely to encounter animals or more wild men I believe making it so I can participate in battle is important.

DM ONLY
The spell I am talking about is here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/knowDirectionandLocation.htm
Also when we sleep I am going to give my psicrystal orders to wake me up if anything looks like it is going to attack me while I sleep. I am not telling the others about this. This is to make sure they are trustworthy.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 06:05 PM
Erfaron looks up at him, confused. "Sleep, you mean trancing? I suppose I will take the first shift. Who will take the next one?"

Glancing at Kiskue he breifly wonders whether his 'powers' or Osten's acid had a greater play in the wild man's defeat. Deciding that it was probobly wise not to question it, he agreed. "Ok, my shift will be four hours anyway, that means you two need to take two hour shifts."

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 08:25 PM
Taerquin looks doubtfully at Osten. "I can take the second watch. I know elves have keen eyes, and raptorans obviously, but this campfire isn't particularly bright and the woods are dark. Perhaps it would be best if just the two of us did the watches."

OOC

Assuming the firepit gives light as a standard torch, we would only have bright illumination for 20 feet. Anything sneaking up could make hide checks and have concealment even from 25 feet away. The firepit is 15 feet from the shelter, so this means that a creature would have to be adjacent to the shelter before it became visible.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-05, 08:31 PM
Alexandros speaks up "Unless you want to have every animal or barbarian charging to us I suggest we put out the fire before we go to sleep. Also we don't need the chance of creating a forest fire. The moonlight should be enough to see."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-05, 09:49 PM
"Alright." Walking over to the firepit, he smothers it, covering it with the dirt he had removed when he dug the pit. Patting it down, he drew a large X on the dirt mound so no-one would step through it into the embers as they cooled.

As the others get around to sleeping, Erfaron finds 3 smallish stones for his sling, and finds a place on the edge of the clearing to sit down and wait. Using the shadows of a bush and a tree, he almost becomes part of the scenery.

Erfaron is standing watch.
Spot check [roll0] to spot anything moving near his location. Especially in the clearing. (not sure if Low-light Vision helps with anything)
Hide check [roll1] to blend in with the scenery and remain unseen.
Move silently check [roll2] to be still and make no noise.

Once the four hours are up, he wakes Taerquin and sits crosslegged on the shelter, trancing.

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 10:08 PM
(Assuming nothing happened during Erfaron's watch)

Taerquin rises from his sleep, and goes to take watch from the top of the closest tree to the shelter. He carries his longsword.

Climb: (+5 -- take whatever time necessary)

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2] -- Attempts to conceal himself in upper foliage if possible.

Road_Runner
2011-09-05, 10:12 PM
EDIT: forgot move silently (is this really necessary if you stand still? I guess you would have to shift occasionally to be able to see in 360 degrees)

Move Silently: [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-05, 10:15 PM
For my shift:

Spot:
[roll0]
Listen:
[roll1]

Hide
[roll2]
Move silently
[roll3]

Demidos
2011-09-05, 10:28 PM
Walking over to Erfaron, with only the slightest hint of a smirk on his scaly face, Osten wordlessly hands him some of the string and cloth he got off the wild man of the day before.

Demidos
2011-09-05, 10:39 PM
ooc
Whoops.....i guess i took a bit long answering last time:smallfrown:

Listen [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Hide [roll2]

Demidos
2011-09-05, 10:41 PM
ooc
[SPOILER]Shoot. Sorry about the triple post![/SPOILER

Spot [roll0]

darkillini
2011-09-06, 12:32 PM
during the two hours of work prior to watches being posted silva begins making progress on the shelter (im treating it as 4 bed rolls for purpose of cost/a dc of say 5) completing 35 cp's worth of work/135cps worth of work (5*6/7/24*2=~.35 sp/1.33sp cost progress) which provides enough space of one person to sleep off of the ground for the evening.

spending the night in the pitch dark is not the most pleasant experience for anyone who isn't used to the outdoors. However the experience is made worse by the fact that you hear absolutely nothing in the night, not even the chirping of insects breaks up the silence of the night. each on watch gets to experience this deathly silence. though nothing approaches the camp during the night as far as your aware a light fog begins to spread through the area around mid night, and fades as the sun begins to rise.

the morning is warm and sunny.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-06, 01:55 PM
Alexandros greets the others as they wake up "Well that was unessecary creepy. I thought for sure Arthun was going to attack us during the night. I will identify our location now"

Alexandros manifest the power Know Direction and Location

Road_Runner
2011-09-06, 04:55 PM
Taerquin responds. "Yes, the silence was quite disturbing. I have a bad feeling about this place; we should definitely leave by tomorrow morning. I will go gather more wood so we can hopefully craft some more basic tools or weapons."

Taerquin wanders off in the woods with his longsword:

Profession(woodcutting): [roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-06, 05:39 PM
Before Tarquin leaves Alexandros speaks to him "Keep an eye out for animals of any kind, we might not have heard any birds or crickets due to them being destroyed by the blast that sent us here."

Alexandros makes a listen check to see if he can hear any animals now that it's morning

[roll0]

AntiMatter101
2011-09-06, 07:21 PM
Erfaron unfolds himself from his tranceing position. "Yes. I agree, that was an unsettling night." After spending a few minutes stretching, he examines the materials Osten had presented him with. Deciding they were good enough to make slings with, he resolved to make something with them later.

Securing the two Vine slings he had made inside his leather armour, he turned to Osten. "Today would be a good day to eat from the supplies we got from the Wild Man. I will be doing something other than collecting food today. Make sure to ration it carefully, it may need to last us awhile."

Setting out into the surrounding forest, he see gathered as many rocks as he could find.

8 hours. Profession(Miner/woodcutter) check [roll0] To gather stone.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-06, 07:28 PM
As he worked, he began to loose focus, trying to figure out what had caused the silence from the night before. He doubted it was the explosion, If it had killed all the animals around why were all the trees still standing? Keeping an ear out, he tried to see if he could hear the wildlife that should be there as he went about his rock hunt.

Knowledge (nature) check, [roll0] Figure out cause of lack of animals durring the night before.

Listen check, [roll1] Can he hear normal forest sounds now?

darkillini
2011-09-06, 08:45 PM
as taerquin walks through the woods, a young tree thats recently fallen catches his eye, he manages to scavenge 6.2 sp worth of good wood from it.

Erfaron on the other hand finds that without a shovel or a good pick, collecting stone is more of a luck thing, managing only to find small amounts of stone amounting to 3.1 sp worth of stone.

as his mind wanders hes unable to think of any reason for why the natural order of things is so strange at night, however, as hes thinking he manages to hear several animals running around, and the birds nesting high in the trees. your sharp hearing notices that the animals are keeping a good distance away from your group.

Alexandros is unable to notice anything out of the ordinary, though you don't think you heard very far outside the clearing.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-06, 08:51 PM
Alexandros looks a bit worried as his power finishes.

"Okay, well my power just finished and I have a general idea of the surrounding area. I can't pinpoint where we are on the map but we there is forest surrounding us for about a days march. Animal life is diminished throughout the area. When I cast the spell I felt something strange about the south eastern area and... we aren't going west. Unless you want to die horribly... Alexandros' face pales when he speaks of going west. I believe we should head northeast and head as far away from the western area as soon as possible.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-06, 09:57 PM
When Erfaron returns to camp, he takes the rocks he collected, and begins knocking them together, breaking them into smaller peices. With percision, and lots of luck, they will be the right size and weight he needs for sling ammunition.

Spend 1 hour making Bullets, sling (10), cost = 1sp
craft (WeaponMaker) check [roll0] (assuming a -2 for improvised tools)
Spend 1 hour making Bullets, sling (10), cost = 1sp
craft (WeaponMaker) check [roll1] (assuming a -2 for improvised tools)

spending 2 hours and 2sp. should get 20 bullets if succesfull. weight of 10 bullets is 5 lb. (supposedly 'comes with a leather pouch'?)

Demidos
2011-09-06, 10:09 PM
To Alex : What is it about the southwest? Do you know what there is over there, or do you just have a feeling? Are we safe at this distance?

Osten looks unsettled at seeing the panic so plainly on the face of his arrogant comrade.

To Erfaron: We have enough food to last us for a month and a half on tight rations, or for 25 days with a comfortable amount. The wild man was carrying alot .

Actions for the day
If we're staying nearby:
Toolmaking skill check [roll0]

Priority order (depending on my check):
2 Fishhooks (out of shards of stone/wood)
Sacks (out of the man's clothes)
2 Torches (pine resin, pieces of cloth, and wood)
Sledge (a stone driven through a wood post tied with string)
8 torches (see above)
Hempen rope (out of hemp...basically i need a 20 for this, unless i can make a fraction of the length for a fraction of the price?)

For DM convenience:
Sack (empty) 1 sp ½ lb.1
Fishhook 1 sp —
Sledge 1 gp 10 lb.
Torch 1 cp 1 lb.
Rope, hempen (50 ft.) 1 gp 10 lb.

If Erfaron insists on gathering food
Profession(food) skill check [roll1]
Survival skill check [roll2]
(i wasn't clear if you could use the profession in a day. If so, i dont see the point of survival. If profession in a day is allowed, use that, if not, use survival.)

If we're leaving:
Listen [roll3]
Spot [roll4]

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-06, 10:10 PM
OOC: Oh right being productive >.> Forgot about that

Alexandros goes out to search for things to make a backpack out of.
Gather Check.
[roll0]

Then attempts to form as many backpacks as he can with the materials listed above.

[roll1]

Alexandros looks at osten "I don't know if we are safe at this distance. For all I know their could be a massive black dragon that has been causing the lack of animals in the region. Hence why we should leave SOON. And no I will not travel anything that heads west... it won't end well.

Road_Runner
2011-09-06, 10:44 PM
Taerquin returns to camp, depositing the wood for the usage of the rest of the busily crafting group. "You're welcome." After hearing the news about the strange psion's visions, he narrows his eyes. "Then we should definitely leave this place as soon as possible. I suggest we take single person watches so we can leave early in the morning."

OOC:
So, you guys ok with:

Osten: 1 hour 20 minutes
Erfaron: 5 hours 20 minutes
Taerquin: 1 hour 20 minutes
Alexandros: 1 hour 20 minutes

It's the fastest way that everyone gets their biological needs

AntiMatter101
2011-09-06, 10:58 PM
Erfaron listens to all of this as he is smashing his rocks together. When he is finished, he adresses them. "Actually, I have a theory. While I was out collecting these stones, I heard animals in the forest. However they were very faint, and they seem to be avoiding this area. I figure whatever brought us here scared their little minds so much that they will avoid this area for a while. Even the insects. If you feel It is best that we move on sooner, then let us do so. Osten tells me we have enough food for a good two weeks of travel, even assuming we can't find food in the wild."

Standing up, he adresses Alexandros directly, meeting his blue eyes with his own sharp green ones, having sensed fear in the previously fearless man's words. "What I want to know is what has you so set against west? What aren't you telling us?"

OOCJust to be sure, is that uninterupted sleep?

Road_Runner
2011-09-06, 11:06 PM
OOC: (responding to above) no- but it doesn't matter except for the casters, who do get uninterrupted sleep

AntiMatter101
2011-09-06, 11:18 PM
OOC:I'm not entirely sure how elves work. Do they need to trance uniterupted for their 4 hours? or are interuptions irrelevent to them?

Road_Runner
2011-09-06, 11:31 PM
OOC:
I didn't see anything that suggested otherwise... so I assume so :smallconfused:

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-06, 11:32 PM
Alexandros tries to calm himself down a bit. "Its not that I am hiding anything from you. Quite the opposite. Its the lack of knowledge that has got me so worked up. Right now I know of 4 directions we could go, north south, east, west. Of these four I have a feeling of 2 of them, I personally would prefer to go to the ones that I DON'T have a feeling of death and despair coming from.

Your theory on the animals is interesting. I have an additional theory I would like to add as well. As I said before we were affected by some sort of teleport or planeshift spell or power. This is proven by the fact that we were no where near each other when the explosion happened. I surmise that the effect was somewhat similar to a baleful transposition power, a power that teleports creatures causing intense pain and even death upon them. Erfaron did you see any animals? Where they out of place climate wise? They might all be in a new location as well which is why they are acting so timid. Who could cast a spell of this magnitude though. I have no idea.

Demidos
2011-09-06, 11:34 PM
To erfaron: This area around us that you mention. Is it centered on us? How wide is it?

To Alex: ....did you say a dragon?!? What makes you say that!?! If it is an evil dragon, we must seek it out and end its menace to creation!

Osten looks very shaken by the grim outlooks of his comrades, but seems to regain his fighting spark at the mention of such a vile creature.

OOC:

Eheh.....dragonborn...so yeah.... :smalleek:

Road_Runner
2011-09-06, 11:47 PM
Taerquin crosses his arms. "I can't say I know much about spells, but it seems apparent that something catastrophic seems to have happened to the world. Either way I thing we should investigate the situation immediately." Taerquin yawns. "I am tired. Let us rest early so we can awaken at daybreak."

Taerquin's watch (a bit ahead of time since I'm not sure when I can post again -- comes after Osten and Erfaron):

Again Taerquin perches at the top of a close tree to the shelter:

Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3] (again not sure this is necessary if you stay in same spot all night)

Demidos
2011-09-06, 11:53 PM
OOC:
hey! we're still talking here...sighhhhhh

assuming everyone else skips this conversation too:smallsigh:
Watch rolls:
Move silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-07, 12:51 AM
Alexandros stares blankly at Osten, then blinks twice before saying, "Oh you were serious. I was offering an example. I have no idea what is in the west, just that I have a feeling of utter dread of that area."

Alexandros thinks to himself, "Note to self, Osten is now promoted to brainless meatshield."

Rolls for Alexandors' spot and listen checks

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

AntiMatter101
2011-09-07, 08:14 AM
Erfaron seems satisfied by Alexandros's explanation. "I don't remember how far out I was when I heard them. But I heard birds and animals in a forest. Most of them wouldn't be that out of place. Escpecially since the birds were nesting, and not trying to migrate."

Munching on his share of the rations, Erfaron helps pack their supplies in preperation for the next day.

Checks during Erfaron's watch
Spot check [roll0]
Listen Check [roll1]
Hide Check [roll2]
Move Silently Check [roll3]

OOCCheck it out, I got to post in the morning!

darkillini
2011-09-08, 12:44 PM
as night deepens again, the forest becomes still, and quiet again. around midnight the fog comes back rolling in from east, and south east

during the watches:
silva and erfaron
the night Isn't as silent tonight as it was before you manage to hear some scraping noises coming from directions the fog rolls in from.

taerquin
your watch moves slowly, you notice the fog rolling in, but otherwise you detect no differences from the previous night.

osten
the night Isn't as silent tonight as it was before you manage to hear some scraping noises coming from directions the fog rolls in from. and near the end of your watches shift you think you see some shapes moving about in the fog, though with it being pitch black since you have no light, your not sure about what you saw at all.

as the sun is rises, yet again the fog retreats leaving a peaceful morning.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-08, 03:21 PM
Alexandros speaks up, "Hmmm, this fog seems very unnatural. I may not be an expert on weather or fog in general but I am quite confident that fog shouldn't form this thick in a forest. Also last night I heard some scraping noises coming from the south east as the fog rolled in. Also when I determined where we were yesterday I felt the strange bubbly high feeling when I discerned the south east, the same direction as the fog. Do you think it merits investigation? Its not west so we are moving away from whatever is there and we might figure out what the apocalypse spell was."

Road_Runner
2011-09-08, 04:13 PM
Taerquin stares quizzically at Alexandros. "Scraping noises, you say? That is very strange, considering there seems to be hardly any animals in this forest. It could be dangerous to investigate the situation in the southeast. However, given our lack of knowledge it might be worth the risk."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-08, 04:32 PM
Erfaron stares in wonder. "Your right, the fog was strange. I think that theres enough coincidence to merit heading deliberately away. Why would we look for trouble. Whatever is out there is likely to kill us!"

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-08, 04:38 PM
Alexandros considers Erfaron's words, "While yes there is a chance that whatever is generating the fog wants to kill us I think that if they truly wanted to kill us they would have attacked us by now. Also the scraping sound is what makes me want to go there. It sounded like metal scraping, most animals don't HAVE metal so in order to make that sound it had to be some kind of intelligent creature. If their is a town or settlement that is creating the fog to obscure itself than it might be worth it to check it out. Of course this is theoretical"

OOC
The scraping sounds we heard were metal scraping right? Or at least similiar

AntiMatter101
2011-09-08, 05:38 PM
"so if it's a town of people, we walk in and hope they dont want to kill us either? Perhaps theres a good reason they conceal themselves." Erfaron makes a negatory motion with his hand. "I dont think seeking out the potentially hostile is a good idea. What if the fog and scraping was an attempt to scare us away so they would'nt have to kill us?"

Erfaron folds his arms over his chest.

OOC:If you all want to go, he will follow, but this is his "I vote no" moment.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-08, 08:03 PM
Alexandros thinks about what Erfaron says, "Well of course if we find a town we aren't going to enter it ourselves. We will send in my little friend" Alexandros produces a small crystal from his pocket, no larger than a human hand. Alexandros smirks as he continues," This is my psicrystal. It is an intelligent manifestation of my personality and being. I can telepathically communicate with him at a distance of 1 mile. We simply send him in and have him carve a message in the sand or dirt while we are at a safe distance. If they attack it with a large enough force that we can not handle than we simply retreat and head east. If everyone else thinks its too dangerous we can avoid it but I trust my gut feeling on this."

OOC
Same as above, I vote that we go :smallbiggrin:

Demidos
2011-09-08, 10:51 PM
I agree with Silva. If there are other intelligent beings alive, we should try to make contact. To be on the safe side we should be all packed up and ready to go before our attempt. I heard the scraping sounds last night, and I think I perhaps saw some shapes, though they were indistinct enough that i'm not sure what they were.

Following his own advice, Osten starts to pack up.
If we need to hide within a mile, we can smear ourselves with mud and plants, or such similar stuff to help us hide, though it might make first contact with a peaceful group somewhat awkward :smallwink:

To DM:
Do i have an approximate size reading on those outlines? Human sized?Rock golem sized? Black wyrm Dragon sized? :smalltongue:

Edit: Besides, they may have goods that we can barter for or some such benefit of civilization.

OOC:
How long would it take to equip us all with clubs?

Road_Runner
2011-09-08, 11:09 PM
"Then I guess it is decided. However-- I do agree with Erfaron in that we should definitely be wary of this potentially hostile threat. If you did in fact see shapes in the fog, most likely they must not be outright aggressive. Either they are scared enough of us to be wary of attacking--in which case they might not be as powerful as we think, or they intended the scraping to be a warning. In either case we should proceed with caution."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-08, 11:21 PM
Grumbling to himself, Erfaron helps pack up, but while he does, he examines the sides of their camp where the scraping had originated.

Search Check [roll0] Specifically looking for tracks of humanoids or animals that shouldn't be there. (animals are his favored enemy if that matters)

Knowledge (nature) check [roll1] to analyze whatever he finds.

Hide check [roll2] Trying to be discrete about the fact that he is searching for tracks. (if thats not the apropriate skill, sorry)

Demidos
2011-09-08, 11:33 PM
OOC
I believe it would be bluff. Don't worry. i didnt put any ranks in sense motive:smalltongue:

Road_Runner
2011-09-09, 08:51 AM
Taerquin also helps pack up their camp. When the party starts to move out, Taerquin stays alert for any hostile threat, while also trying to stay hidden and silent.

Move Silently: [roll3]

Taerquin is wielding his longsword.

EDIT: OOCSo what weapons does everyone have? Erfaron and Osten have slings, Alexandros has his mind?

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-09, 09:37 AM
Stealth checks

Hide
[roll0]

Move Silently
[roll1]

Spot
[roll2]

Listen
[roll3]

OOC
Pretty much ya. Finally some good rolls too!

Demidos
2011-09-09, 10:43 AM
Checks
Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Spot
[roll2]
Listen
[roll]1d20+2[/roll

OOC:
I think im trying to pick up a club, i have a sling and rocks:smallbiggrin:

Demidos
2011-09-09, 10:45 AM
Whoops
Listen
[roll0]

AntiMatter101
2011-09-09, 04:10 PM
OOC:Is it safe to assume all the rolls mean that we are leaving? if so, I'm rolling for traveling stuff.

Before they move out, Erfaron hands Osten one of the Makeshift Vine Slings and 10 bullets.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Spot
[roll2]
Listen
[roll3]

@Demidos OOC: Btw, I never actually gave you the sling. I am fixing that now.

Demidos
2011-09-09, 08:28 PM
Ah, thank you

OOC:

search check for the club [roll0]
Also, the website hosting my character sheet seems to be down:smallfrown:
just in case anyone cares:smallfrown:

darkillini
2011-09-10, 01:29 PM
as you begin to move out of the clearing, osten manages to find himself a stout piece of wood, nothing too sturdy, and slightly unwieldy but he believes that it could bash in a head or two.
ooc:
will get more once I get clarification on the direction your going.

as for the club you found, its treated as a normal club, with a -1 to attack. and, baring any type of fixing/ refining it will break once 5 criticals are struck with it.

darkillini
2011-09-10, 02:10 PM
as you travel southeast, the sun slowly passes over head as you walk. For a while you don't notice anything special, however as it gets to be early evening, you manage to catch sight of what looks to be a small camp site about 400 yards from you.

erfaron
you manage to find several markings you think might be tracks, but they are fairly worn down, and your unable to correctly identify any of them, if they are tracks at all. on the other hand you manage to find the crazed mans tracks from the day before quite easily, as he seemed quite heavy footed, probably from running.

Demidos
2011-09-10, 03:43 PM
Osten immediately stops moving and points to the camp ahead, motioning for silence.
OOC:
What is there to see in the camp?Is it rock golem sized?:smalltongue: Any people?
About how many people does it look like its made for? 3? 5? 10?

Road_Runner
2011-09-10, 10:25 PM
Taerquin stops and crouches down, folding his wings down low to avoid being seen.

OOC:Spycrystal scout mission still in operation?

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-10, 10:37 PM
OOC:
Sorry was busy :smallredface:

Alexandros thinks to his psicrystal "Go now into the settlement, write on the ground in dirt or any other way you can "Peace. is this a friendly town? Are you recruiting people to join? How many live here?". Keep me up to date on whatever happens

Alexandros addresses the rest of the party, Okay I gave it instructions it will ask a few questions and keep me up to date on what is happening

AntiMatter101
2011-09-10, 10:47 PM
"Got it" Erfaron whispers, dropping into a hunter's crouch, and moving off to the side, alert for any signs of danger. He focused most of his attention on any direction BUT the camp, as any sort of attack would likely come somewhere other than head on. That, and the crystle pet should give fair warning from that direction in that case.

Spot
Listen [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
Move Silently[1d20+8

AntiMatter101
2011-09-10, 10:48 PM
Move Silently [roll0] (what the heck?)

AntiMatter101
2011-09-10, 10:50 PM
Move Silently [roll0] (third times the charm?)

Road_Runner
2011-09-10, 11:13 PM
(are we rerolling checks then?)

Demidos
2011-09-10, 11:14 PM
Osten prepares himself to breathe acid at the first sign of trouble

OOC:
Aren't we using the rolls from earlier?

Readied action

AntiMatter101
2011-09-11, 11:45 AM
OOC:I thought the first set was for traveling, this current situation strikes me as preparing for battle and/or an encounter of some sort.
I figure, if the characters know something might be about to happen, they would start looking around more, their behavior changing. Therefore, new checks. I suppose it is the GM's call though.

darkillini
2011-09-11, 03:43 PM
the psi crystal as it wanders through the camp, informs you that after it wrote it's message it was greeted by.... absolutely nothing, the camp is deserted, and looks like it was made for one or two people, it seems as though it's been deserted for several days.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-11, 05:00 PM
OOC:
Well of all the things I expected that wasn't one of them

Alexandros instructs the Psicrystal to search in the houses to make sure that they aren't just hiding/asleep.

Alexandros turns to the rest of the part, "Well that was unexpected. The Psicrystal has found nothing in the camp, it's deserted. I suggest we head in their to look for tracks or supplies in the camp.

If we go into the camp search check
[roll0]

darkillini
2011-09-11, 05:01 PM
ooc:
when did i say anything about houses???

darkillini
2011-09-11, 05:07 PM
your psicrystal becomes extremely confused when ordered to look into buildings, as all it sees is a smaller clearing similar to what you left, however, there are a few signs of habitation such as a bunch of bundled up leaves used as a bed, a small fire pit, and several skeletons of what you assume were food for the previous inhabitant.

spot/search check dc 15
a little ways off from the camp you find a small piece of cloth hanging out of a knot in a tree, attached is a small bundle of leather containing, 5 gp of food, and a small filled journal.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-11, 07:37 PM
ooc
Whoops my bad, for some reason I thought you said "settlement" rather than camp site. I think I have been playing age of mythology too much recently >.>

Road_Runner
2011-09-11, 10:15 PM
Taerquin relaxes slightly as he hears there are no enemies present. He cautiously enters the camp, helping to search.

Search: [roll0]

He finds little in the camp itself, however, catching his eye is a small leather bundle attached to a tree on the outside edge. Curious, he walks over and unwraps it, finding the journal. "Interesting." He flips through it, looking at the pretty squiggles, sighing. Looking toward the rest of the party, he waves them toward the journal. Slightly embarrassed, he hands it Alexandros (assuming an intelligent caster naturally knows how to read.) "What does it say?"

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-11, 10:40 PM
OOC
This post is assuming the journal is in common

Alexandros takes the journal from him," Let me see it. It would be strange if it was written in some kind of magical runes. Alexandros reads is for a few seconds, "This is written in common... how could you not read this?"

Road_Runner
2011-09-11, 11:56 PM
Taerquin looks slightly embarrassed, adjusting his wings behind is back. "I never got the chance to learn some things in my village."

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-12, 01:37 PM
OOC
I am going to need to know what the journal has in it to know what to do next

darkillini
2011-09-12, 02:15 PM
Ooc
Ooc chat goes in Ooc thread :smallamused:. And il describe the journal text when I get home

darkillini
2011-09-12, 09:11 PM
to those that can read common
the journal is basically a small gathering of rough paper.the first page seems to be some sort of mission he was given, though due to travel it's become somewhat smudged, and your only able to make out small parts of it:

check ....... tower south east .... weeks time

the next few pages are in better shape, and the writing seems to have changed, it describes a few landmarks, and the trip through a large forest towards his objective. he speaks of passing the horn of the mountains, and heading south.

knowledge geo dc 15 check:
you recognize several of the land marks after the horn of the mountain as things you've passed in the past day

as you get near the end it stops being so formal, and becomes more musing about things around him.

summary of several days at a time

I miss this area, Hopefully the tower has been cleared by now. strange fog last night, made it ahrd to sleep, even though i was expecting the silence.

few days later
strange i thought i saw something in the fog last night, but that be right can't, it was as silent as ever.

later still
found the tower, black as i remember it being, think something may have seen me as i was circling around the tower. the fog is ever present these days it seems.

second to last entry
da fog, itss not same as befour. musst have sean me. thaught that i heard something last knight outside camp.

last entry
thay coming! Thay COM ...tta RUNNN! if th.. findz my people.....

the final entry is smudged by a hand print as though it was suffed in the bag quickly after being written

darkillini
2011-09-12, 09:12 PM
ooc
breaking what I just said, but before anyone asks, yes the spelling is how i wanted it to be.

Road_Runner
2011-09-12, 09:19 PM
Taerquin crosses his arms impatiently as the rest of the party reads silently, clustered around the journal. "Well?" he demands. "What does it say?"

Demidos
2011-09-12, 11:20 PM
Let me summarize. We need to get the heck out of here!
Osten then quickly sums up the contents of the letter to Taerquin
Knowledge Geo [roll0]

Edit:
My bad, with a +2 added to that

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-13, 01:00 AM
OOC
Whoops had a lot of work to do so wasn't really able to post today

Alexandros finishes reading the journal. Well that is certainty interesting. It seems that this group stumbled upon a tower in the direction we are headed. This probably "awakened" some beast or manner of creatures that was what we heard and saw during the night. It also seems to generate the fog. These beasts were not the apparent cause of the silence though since he references it being silent as always when the fog comes in. Odd that he doesn't mention scraping sounds. Also I believe that there is a good chance this man is the one we encountered in the beginning when we first arrived here.

darkillini
2011-09-13, 02:44 PM
as you discuss the origins of the book, the day begins to slide into the evening, and you notice the fog beginning to creep into the campsite far earlier then when you were further north.

as it does so, you all start to hear the creaking, scraping noise. and to your astonishment 3 of the skeletons of previous meals begin to rise up taking the shape of the wolves they once were.

(to the battle thread!)

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-20, 12:46 PM
Alexandros cautiously knocks aside some of the skeleton bones aside to make sure they are dead.

Alexandros then speaks to the group, "Okay does anyone know what is going on? The fog seems to have a necromantic affect on the corpses hear but these corpses seem far to decayed to be recent kills. If the fog just animated randomly they would have been animated already. Thus there was someone or something that animated these skeletons.

Road_Runner
2011-09-20, 04:57 PM
Taerquin considers for a moment. "Yes, there could be something here, or maybe they were just triggered to rise upon the arrival of any creatures to this place. Either way there is some hostile threat here we should be wary of" Taerquin looks at Osten and down at his own wounds. "We're not in a position to defend ourselves right now. We should try and find safe place to camp for the night."

Demidos
2011-09-20, 07:42 PM
Since we can't get far tonight, I suggest we try to find some high trees that we can sleep/hide in tonight. We can make some temporary hammocks out of our vines and sacks. Preferably thick bushy trees like this one. PointsI will loan Taerquin my bone club for tonight.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-20, 08:01 PM
Woundless, yet irate at his horrible aim, and the injuries sustained by his allies, Erfaron is not pleased. "Ok, yes, we should hide tonight. But tommorrow, we will head far away from this place yes? North east?"

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-20, 09:27 PM
Alexandros nods in agreement with Erfaron, While I do have intense curiosity about this fog and region I would much prefer to survive and fight some type of creature that I can hurt.

Road_Runner
2011-09-20, 10:09 PM
"Sounds fine to me. I am very curious about this place, but now is not the time to investigate."

Setting up Temporary Tree Shelter: Craft [roll0]

^ I assume this is very simple, a vine hammock or something of that sort. Can you guys add your craft checks to this?

Climb check up tree (Since Climb DC is 15, it is very possible that one of us could fall and get injured. However, since I can negate falling damage by gliding with my wings, I can go first and drop a vine to climb up on): amount of actions necessary

I suggest we do double person watch (Since Osten is disabled and that way we only need to have makeshift hammocks for two people.)

AntiMatter101
2011-09-20, 10:23 PM
Erfaron relaxes slightly, and sets about helping construct the shelter, working off his adrenaline rush from fighting undead.

assisting crafting shelter:
Craft check: (tools?)
[roll0]

any necessary climbing checks (can we take 20?)
[roll1]

When night comes, and watches are set, here are his rolls for the night:
Spot:
[roll2]
Listen:
[roll3]
Hide:
[roll4]
Move Silently:
[roll5]

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-20, 10:35 PM
Checks
Craft
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]

Listen
[roll2]

Hide
[roll3]

Move Silently
[roll4]

OOC
If I see any "shadows like we previously saw in the fog I am going to try and light them up with a flash from presdigation

Road_Runner
2011-09-20, 11:19 PM
Checks:

So here is our schedule :

2 people awake at a time:

Total Camp time: 14 hours

Osten and Erfaron: 2 hour watch
Osten and Taerquin: 4 hours watch
Erfaron and Taerquin: 2 hour watch
Alexandros and Erfaron: 6 hour watch

Demidos
2011-09-20, 11:31 PM

Shouldnt i sleep first? to heal back that point so i can fight? :smallfrown:

Edit: Bonus to hide for being in a tree?

darkillini
2011-09-20, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I hate to chime in so late after you've made rolls, but im going to rule that using vines and the likes to make a suspended shelter for the night will be a survival check.

Only need one person to succed the dc15 to have the shelter, for each 5 you pass dc by you get 1 extra days use if you want.

(I use this as your not really using your "gathered" materials to make this)

Assuming you have it in a tree, with a vine to climb up, its dc 10 to climb, which is auto pass with a given take 10.
so you don't need to roll to get into your shelter :smallwink: (too many people dyin fallin outa trees, don't wanna write you died falling outa a bed lol)

Road_Runner
2011-09-21, 12:37 AM
In that case:

Survival: [roll0]

Darn. Someone else have a go at it then.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-21, 09:48 AM
Survival
[roll0]

AntiMatter101
2011-09-21, 04:26 PM
Survival:
[roll0]

Road_Runner
2011-09-21, 04:39 PM
Ok, I guess we are sleeping on the ground then.

(continue to night?)

darkillini
2011-09-22, 12:44 PM
you manage to craft "something" that something is neither pretty, nor is it comfortable, however it is off the ground, and your able to sleep in it.. sort of..

over the night, it remains silent as ever, but the fog doesn't thicken as it did further north. it stays pretty much the same consistency throughout the night.
during alex, and erfaron's shift at watch you spot a small light off in the distance, it seems like a flickering candle in the distance (its kinda far away, so it seems small) it seems to be moving around in the woods somewhat randomly, you think you hear sound from that direction but your not sure.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-22, 07:36 PM
Motioning to Alix to stay silent, Erfaron slowly manuvers through the tree to wake Taerquin, leaving Osten asleep. As he does this he does his best to make no sudden movements and to make no noise.

If Taerquin tries to make noise, Erfaron stifels him, either way, he does his best to communicate silence is necessary.

Once situation is stabalized, Erfaron points out the light to Taerquin and moves back over to Alix.

Move Silently:
[roll0]
Hide: (to maintain?)
[roll1]

Road_Runner
2011-09-22, 08:08 PM
Taerquin awakes, slightly groggy but instantly alert when he realizes what the situation is. Trying to stay stealthy:

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Demidos
2011-09-23, 12:18 AM
Osten continues sleeping:smallcool:

sleep silently check [roll0]
OK, ok, sheesh, kidding. :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongu e:

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-23, 12:23 AM
Alexandros manifests presdigation to create a decent amount of light centered on the smaller light so we can see it clearer.

Concentration check to suppress displays. DC 15
[roll0].

darkillini
2011-09-23, 04:02 PM
probly outa range, but il give it to ya.

as the burst of light apperes next to the other light the torch wavers for a second. before moving in a small circle.

the fog in the area keeps you from seeing any details, you now see two lights instead of 1 in the area.

AntiMatter101
2011-09-23, 04:35 PM
Grimancing, as their chance to observe without interaction vanished, Erfaron leaned very close to first Alix, then Taerquin, and whispered as quietly as he knew how. "Now that it knows something is here, I should go over. It's best that it doesnt discover the camp, if we must meet it."

Road_Runner
2011-09-25, 04:06 PM
Taerquin nods in agreement. "Of course, we will back you up if necessary."

AntiMatter101
2011-09-25, 09:33 PM
Nodding, Erfaron begins the decent from the tree, taking his time to not make noise and to do it safely. Once on the ground, he strikes out twords the light, using the underbrush and the trees to get closer but still remain out of sight and hidden. (((He is NOT going in a straight line.))) Erfaron will get only as close as he can to see clearly, he will stay as far away from the sources of the light as his ease of vision allows.

I want to take 10 or (god forbid, 20!) on any check I can.

The following checks are just in case I'm not allowed to take 10 on it. If I am, ignore the results please.
Just in case it matters... I have Low-light Vision.

Move Silently:
[roll0]
Hide:
[roll1]
Listen:
[roll2]
Spot:
[roll3]

Actual Checks: (to move things along)
Knowledge(nature): (to identify anything I see.)
[roll4]
Survival: (in case you need it for something)
[roll5]

darkillini
2011-09-26, 09:55 PM
everyone in the shelter still
you watch erfaron make his way down the tree and into the fog, his form quickly swallowed up as if he wasn't there a moment before. you hear nothing of his movement through the fog towards the source. and you havent seen/heard anything to suggest anything has happened.

its been about 30 seconds since he left. any actions for next 30seconds to a minute?

Road_Runner
2011-09-26, 11:07 PM
Taerquin starts to get slightly nervous as the silence drags on, with no sign of Erfaron. After about 42 seconds (7 rounds) after Taerquin becomes impatient and attempts to follow him as stealthily as possible, but alert for any danger.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-27, 01:52 PM
Alexandros mutters to the somewhat stealthy but very quiet Tarquin, I will stay behind, someone needs to watch Osten. He is too tasty a target.

Spot Check
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

darkillini
2011-09-28, 06:03 PM
erfaron and taerquin
tearquin as you move through the fog you suddenly come across erfaron and a young human, you seemed to have interrupted erfarons attempts to ease the young girl, who upon seeing a large winged humanoid walk out of the fog screams and falls unconscious.

alex
you hear an extremely high pitched scream come out of the fog, imagine a prissy girl seeing a spider

osten
you blissfully continue sleeping away. possibly dreaming of counting tiny dragonborn sheep (don't have a table to roll dream types on :smallbiggrin:)

AntiMatter101
2011-09-28, 06:24 PM
(((Sorry, figured wrong))):Erfaron sighed. Turning to grimance at his ally, Erfaron stands up. "Well thats just great. Do me a favor and pick her up will you? We should take her with us, mabey she knows something. Perhaps she can heal Osten. Who knows? We wont find out untill she wakes up."

Without waiting for a reply, Erfaron turns back and, realizing that he no longer can see the tree they slept in, looks for his own tracks behind him.

(tracking feat)
Survival check: (take 10?)(take 20?) (I get a +5.)(do I get a bonus to finding my own tracks which I am standing on top of?)

Road_Runner
2011-09-28, 10:36 PM
^ You should put that in a spoiler.... Alex and Osten don't know remember?

To DM/Erfaron:

Taerquin, a little bewildered by the situation, finally shrugs and picks up the girl , quickly hurrying to catch up to Erfaron who is already disappearing into the forest.

Demidos
2011-09-29, 12:01 AM
Osten:

Since I was on watch after the 8 hour mark, when she comes back I ask about who she is, why she's sleeping/unconscious, and a general run-down of what erfaron saw.
(Just so I dont have to post later:smallbiggrin:)

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-29, 12:48 AM
Alexandros calls out to the scream, I swear if that is you Erfaron you might have just set the new record for highest pitched male scream.

Alexandros then thinks to himself Oh wait, I probably shouldn't of shouted out my position like that. Well this might be problematic

Alexandros readies an action to blast a target with an overchanneled mind thrust if they approach me with an obvious intent to kill and also after I can identify them.

darkillini
2011-09-29, 02:35 PM
erfaron and tearquin find their way back to the tree just fine,
you see tearquin carrying a small human girl.

Silva Stormrage
2011-09-29, 04:06 PM
Sigh... more fodder. Unless she is a sorceress I can't image her being useful Alexandros thinks to himself.

Alexandros calls out to the group Okay when two people walk into the mysterious fog injured I expected LESS people to come back instead of more. Who is the girl?

AntiMatter101
2011-09-29, 04:53 PM
"I wouldn't know. I was trying to get her to calm down when Taerquin showed up. She screamed and fainted." climbing up the vine, he looks down at Taerquin. "can you fly her up here? I'd like to tie her down so she doesn't kill herself when she wakes up." turning to Alexandros he asks, "We do have rope, dont we?"

Road_Runner
2011-09-29, 05:30 PM
"No, unfortunately I am only able to glide. However, we have already survived half the night on the ground, so I do not think we should be too concerned staying here."

OOC: Remember? we failed the survival check so we weren't actually staying up in the tree anyway

AntiMatter101
2011-09-30, 05:29 PM
Sighing, Erfaron climbs back down the vine to the ground. "Ok then, leave her here. I'll watch her. You should go get the rest of you're nights sleep." rolling her unconsious form into the shadow of a nearby shrub, he sits with his back to the tree, facing her. As he settles into position, he seems to blend in with the bark. Eyes slowly patroling the area, he waits out the night.

Spot:
[roll0]

Listen:
[roll1]

Hide:
[roll2]

Move Silently (or not at all):
[roll3]

Road_Runner
2011-09-30, 05:55 PM
Taerquin goes back to sleep.

(ok I guess we can proceed to morning)

darkillini
2011-10-02, 12:20 PM
as the night rolls, on there is little more activity, Alex's light going out leaves the world in darkness again, the fog around you, but unseen with no light.

nothing stirs as the night passes, as the sun rises, the fog seems to boil off some, but you find that it remains even in the day light here. a constant haze over everything you see.

the girl you found last night seems to still be sleeping. with better light now you see she is dressed in slightly repaired rags. and seems well fed and healthy, though she does have several scrapes and bruises which suggest she has been traveling in these same woods as you have for a while.

Road_Runner
2011-10-02, 03:23 PM
Taerquin wakes, yawning and stretching out his wings. He looks down to see the girl is still there, and the rest of the party seems to have survived the night intact. Seeing Erfaron still standing awake from his watch, he walks over quietly. "I think we should find out who this girl is....however, she seemed to have a negative reaction to my appearance the last time we encountered. Perhaps I should stand out of sight at first."

AntiMatter101
2011-10-02, 04:14 PM
Erfaron nodds, "that probobly is a good idea, at least, untill we have a chance to explain things to her. Could you get Osten to stay out of sight too? I think it would be well if Alex and I could talk to her for a bit before she meets you two."

Road_Runner
2011-10-02, 10:50 PM
"Sure." Taerquin walks back over to area where the rest of the party is still sleeping. He shakes Osten on the shoulder to get him to wake up. "How are your wounds feeling this morning? Don't mind the girl, I'll explain later. If you're feeling well enough we need to move out of the clearing for a moment."

Demidos
2011-10-02, 11:08 PM
Ummmm.....okay. But this better be good.

Osten painfully makes his way to his feet, then hobbles out of the clearing

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-02, 11:47 PM
Alexandros gets up and yawns Okay, so what happened in the fog anyway though? You just found her wandering around? Then she screamed and passed out when she saw Mr Winged Lizardman?

Road_Runner
2011-10-03, 12:35 AM
"Yes, Erfaron discovered her. When I entered the clearing she fainted as if she had seen some horrible monster..." Taerquin pauses to examine his neatly trimmed talons and pristinely groomed feathered wings. "...although I cannot imagine why."

darkillini
2011-10-03, 12:47 PM
As taerquin walks away the young girl stirs slightly, slowly opening her eyes and seeing herself pushed behind a bush, and erfaron standing over her she almost faints again, but anger quickly over rides that.
"who are you, what did you do to me! where am I! she screams at you.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-03, 04:17 PM
Erfaron sits down several feet away from the girl, holding his hands out to show he was unarmed. "My name is Erfaron, last night I found you out in the Fog. You fainted when you saw one of my friends, and we took you back to our camp. You are under the bush because I wanted you to be safe if we were attacked again in the middle of the night. Whats your story?"

Diplomacy: (if you want a check)
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-04, 01:14 AM
Alexandros chuckles to himself, Well aren't we a feisty one. Listen, I personally would like to know what is going on. If you have any idea about what the fog is or in general what is going on that would be great. Also did you have any companions? You look a little too well fed to be by yourself in these woods. How long have you been traveling here?

darkillini
2011-10-04, 01:57 PM
you know whats going on you people did this to us, I remember the winged thing in the mist with you before I was knocked out last night! Now what did we do to you? why did you drive us from the tower!" she says pointing at erfaron.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-04, 07:40 PM
"Nobody knocked you out. You fainted. If we meant you harm why would we be sitting here talking to you? Yes, the man with wings was there, but he hasn't done anything wrong. As far as I know the lot of us were teleported near here 2 days ago, it was a painfull experience. You need to calm down and be coherent. Me and my friends have not done anything to you or yours, we just met. Would you like to explain about this tower you are mentioning? Or who you meant when you said 'we'?" Erfaron bristles slightly at being blamed for something that he hasn't done, but is trying to remain calm and reasonable.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-04, 10:09 PM
Alexandros is still smiling to himself as the girl rambles on. Yes I am most curious about this tower. We were attack by 3 reanimated skeletons wolves and if this fog has that ability I would like to know it.

darkillini
2011-10-04, 11:17 PM
I just want to find my dad and go back to the others. if your not part of the bad group, will you tell me where my dad is? he told me he was going to check the tower, and come back to us. she says, as she seems to have a childlike moment. quickly trying to compose herself again though she looks herself over noticing a few cuts and scrapes murmurs a few words puts her hands over them and they vanish. she then stands to her feet and begins backing away slowly, and starts to walk towards the jungle saying over her shoulder
If your not part of the bad guys, then your not gonna keep me here, so I'm gonna go look for my dad, and I''m gonna bring him home, and were all going to be fine. Oh and I don't know much about the tower, I was little when we left it, only the old one really knows much about it. the last part she says to Alex, who's grin seems to be disturbing her a little bit

AntiMatter101
2011-10-04, 11:52 PM
Erfaron calls out to the girl. "Wait, if you would. I believe we can help eachother. I could not help but notice that you have some ability with healing there. One of my friends was badly hurt when we fought off those undead. If you help me by healing him, I will help you find your father. I have no small skill in tracking." that last bit he said with a smile, which did not need to be forced.

((If you notice my wording, Erfaron is volunteering HIS services, the others can make their own decisions.))

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-05, 12:20 AM
Alexandros thinks to himself then brings out a the small journal that they found before being attacked. By any chance is this your father's writing?

darkillini
2011-10-05, 12:31 AM
hmm?
turning around and walking back, the young girl glances at the page, a look of excitement crossing her face,
you have seen him! where where where! she says extremely excited, now I can finally go back to the camp with him and not worry any more.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-05, 12:45 AM
Alexandros sighs, then address the girl See... do you remember the whole "skeleton wolf attack" we mentioned. That was AT the camp we found this at. It was deserted when we found the journal. Also you should probably read the end of it, you might be able to make more since of it than us.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-05, 04:51 PM
Outwardly, Erfaron glanced at Alexandros, awaiting what he knew probobly wouldn't end well. Inwardly he sighed. There went his chances of getting Osten healed. The girl would likely not wish to after the news of her fathers death. He knew the chances were good that it was them who had indeed killed her father. Her healing the creature that disolved her father in acid, likely wasn't going to happen. He mentally braced himself for the seemingly inevitable outburst.

darkillini
2011-10-05, 08:36 PM
it seems like him at the start, he was following the mission that he had, but near the end he seems different? do you know what happened to do that to him? she says looking at you with a child-like expectancy that you know all the answers to her questions.
also, where is this person thats hurt? you can tell me the story while i deal with him. I've got to admit though, I'm not very good at this 'healing' thing, I can only call the good spirits to me every so often.

spell craft dc 10 , or KS (religion/arcana) dc 10
based on her explanation of what shes saying, you can tell she has no idea how her magic is working.

it is likely an innate spell ability that she can use a few times / week

the rest of you (or those who fail the check)
her explanation sounds like shes using magic of some type, but the type is unguessable to you.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-05, 09:35 PM
Spellcraft Check

[roll0]

Alexandros shows the girl over to Osten and on the way there speaks, Hmm, do you believe that you could tell us this "mission" he was on? Was it to reclaim the tower? We have not seen your father but we did actually find tracks in the area. Though I am still worried about the animation of the wolves that attacked us. Tell us everything you know about this area, as my companion stated we were transported here magically and we have no idea what this area is.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-05, 10:41 PM
(Untrained in either, pretty sure those skills are Trained Only)

Motioning toword alexandros, Erfaron explains "My friend is stable, so if you would answer her questions first we can go help him."

darkillini
2011-10-06, 03:29 PM
hmmmm she mumbles as she thinks it over
well i don't really know what he was spposed to be doing there, and like i said i was too young to really know much about the area when we left the tower. I guess you could ask gramps back at the lodge about it, but I'm not really sure if I'm allowed to bring you there or not. gramps will prolly be angry with me for just leaving..

turning a corner and seeing osten and taerquin she gasps Who!, WHaa, What, these are who your with?? a lizard man, and a big winged demon? theres no way gramps would let me bring you back to the lodge.

Road_Runner
2011-10-06, 10:28 PM
Taerquin ruffles his feathers in indignation. "A big winged demon!? I beg your pardon, but we raptorans are much more civilized than the vast majority of the other races, and have no relations with demons in any such manner!"

AntiMatter101
2011-10-06, 11:40 PM
Realizing he had let her slip by him, Erfaron hurredly arrives next to the girl. "Osten and Taerquin have proven themselves to be able and trustworthy allies. Their race is irrellevant."

darkillini
2011-10-08, 03:07 PM
she thinks about it for a second. well i guess, I don't know about mr. birdy there, he has a mean tongue on him, lizard boy though isnt very talkative though so il help him. she says sticking her tongue out at Tarequin before walking over to Osten and putting a small hand on him and closing her eyes for a moment.

theres a small glow about her hand as she touches his scales and a rush of energy flows into his scaled body restoring 2 hp.

ok thats all I can do she says smiling i get to go now right?? I need to find my dad and get back home to tell gramps

Demidos
2011-10-08, 04:24 PM
Osten sags a little in relief as the magical healing seeps into him
Thank you, little one. We can go search for your father now, yes.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-08, 04:28 PM
Erfaron says nothing, keeping his expression carefully neutral. Instead, he begins packing up what little belongings they have.

Road_Runner
2011-10-09, 05:56 PM
Taerquin, although slightly disgruntled, also packs up the little resources they have and prepares to set off, dual-wielding the club and longsword for the journey.

darkillini
2011-10-10, 06:24 PM
the young girl sits there watching you as you pack every thing up. we can go now yes? want to show me where you found his journal? I bet we can find him from there.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-10, 07:05 PM
If there are no protests, Erfaron does as she suggests, and navigates back to the campsite by following their tracks from the day before.

Search check (to find their own tracks)
[roll0]
Survival check(tracking.)
[roll1]

(((all of this is assuming that its even needed, I'm not sure if we actually went all that far from the village at all.)))

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-11, 05:31 PM
Alexandros follows Erfaron's skillful tracking to the campsite.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-11, 05:43 PM
Edit: Whoops Double Post

Demidos
2011-10-13, 12:11 AM
Osten goes with the girl, trying to find out more about who she is :smallcool:

darkillini
2011-10-13, 09:17 PM
you manage to follow your set of tracks back to the campsite where the wolves were, luckily the site is found to be wolf free this time. the small girl says little along the trip, seeming to just be happy to be wandering around outdoors.

as you enter the campsite you notice a few dark clouds, on the horizon beginning to gather.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-14, 04:25 PM
Erfaron leans against a tree, prefering just to watch and see what will happen here. He feels did his part by guiding them back here.

Demidos
2011-10-14, 09:44 PM
So? Do you see anything? Osten inquires of the girl, not unkindly.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-15, 06:14 PM
Alexandros speaks up pointing out the lack of skeleton corpses. Odd, who cleared the skeletons from this clearing. I do not remember us taking the bones with us.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-15, 08:29 PM
Erfaron looks at Alexandros with a grin. "They're right here." He unslings his pack and open it to reveal that he happens to have been the one carrying the 20 gp worth of bone/ bone dust. From the skeletons. He hands it to her so she can feel and believe it with her own eyes and hands. Then goes back to leaning against his tree, a small grin on his face.

OOC:I'll delete that if you want me to.:smallbiggrin:

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-15, 08:48 PM
Alexandros hits himself in the head. I must have missed you gathering the bones up. I believe I was watching after osten at the time.

OOC: Nah thats cool, I thought we just collected bone dust

Demidos
2011-10-16, 04:02 PM
Osten smirks. Actually, I was the one collecting them. You were just a bit distracted at the time, I believe.

darkillini
2011-10-17, 10:12 AM
the girl seems slightly offended at the tone directed at her, and responds in kind. No i don't see anything here, your the one following the tracks, that have been here, how did you find this place? looking at you four, she then begins to walk around the camp, clearly not knowing a thing to look for to find a trail, stopping over the fire pit, before wandering around the camps perimeter.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-17, 08:44 PM
Erfaron calls out, in answer to the girl. "The first time we found this place by accident. It was deserted, save for some undead wolves that attacked us. Thats how Osten was injured. This time we found it by following our tracks from when we left." Shifting his attention to the other three, he says to them, "Putt your heads together and try to figure some thing out. I'll look for anything usefull in whatever is left of the tracks." Walking over to the other side of the clearing he motions that the girl stand next to him. "Here, don't stand so close to where the tracks might be, you'll confuse the signs." Crouching he moves slowly, eyes sweeping back and forth for telltale signs. "What we're looking for are old signs, so look for un-natural depressions from walking sticks or someone running in boots."

As he searches for signs, he describes what he is doing in terms he hopes she will understand, attempting to occupy her attention, and teach her something usefull, while the others talk.

((naturally, I want to take 20 but.... here's in case I can't))
Search +3/Survival +5 (whatever I am needing)
[roll0]
(:smallcool: I'm taking 20 ANYWAY. Even If I cant.)

darkillini
2011-10-18, 02:38 PM
with the help of you showing her what to look for you both manage to find the tracks your party made several days ago coming to this camp, as well as the worn down tracks of the crazed man leaving the campsite.
both sets are overed by leaves, and worn to a nearly invisible stage.
once you find these the girl begins to get excited.
you are good at finding people! what do we do now? do we start following them, or do we camp here tonight? and go tomorrow?

AntiMatter101
2011-10-19, 04:24 PM
Scratching his head, he adresses the rest of the group. "Well, the only tracks I can find that aren't ours belong to a single man. What should we do?"

Demidos
2011-10-19, 08:04 PM
Sounds like its our guy
Osten smiles, glad this is proving to be easy for once.

Road_Runner
2011-10-19, 11:54 PM
"Yes, it seems relatively straightforward to follow at this point."

OOC: So we have to decide to camp or not. What time of day is it at the moment?

darkillini
2011-10-20, 10:19 AM
the sun has started to creep beyond the clouds that were in the distance, telling you that it has started creeping into the evening.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-20, 06:52 PM
Erfaron will lead the group on untill he, even with his elven eyes, can no-longer see the tracks. Then he will insist they make camp 10 paces backwards, and wait for things to settle down.

He will attempt to approach Alexandros off to the side, quietly. "Do you have a moment?" He is calm but quite serious.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-21, 12:29 AM
Alexandros curiously looks at Erfaron and then speaks, "Sure" before following Erfaron.

Road_Runner
2011-10-21, 12:42 AM
Taerquin looks interestedly at the exchange, but lets them go, thinking they may want to discuss something without the girl's knowledge.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-21, 08:10 PM
Out of earshot from the others, Erfaron begins talking, in a soft voice. "I believe I know what happened to her father. Do you remember the wild man we killed when we first arrived here? I saw his tracks before we left there. On the route, I saw them again, and when we were attacked by the wolves his trail was also present in the camp. I didn't think it was relevant untill she identified the writing we showed her as his. We killed her father, regardless of how insane he was when he found us. You saw how it got progressively more chaotic, as if his mind was being undone. The only question now, is do we tell her? She is a child, will she understand?" Erfaron is watching Alexandros carefully for his reaction.

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-21, 10:55 PM
Alexandros tries to think of a reason for what Erfaron said to be false but can't think of one. After pondering a bit he states quietly, No, we don't tell her. Regardless if its a justified or not that doesn't matter to her. If she knows we killed her father she will either run away from us or feebly attack us. People used to call me cold but I would rather not slaughter a child for no good reason. Especially since she is the only one of us that can actually heal us after a fight, abet poorly. I have an idea, when we are close enough to the original acid charred corpse about an hour or so off state that there looks to be some kind of wild animal or similar beast in the distance. Then go off by yourself and either dispose of the corpse and we can tell her that either someone killed her father and took the corpse or you could disguise the acid marks somehow or even construct a new corpse with the bones we took from the skeleton wolves.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-21, 11:39 PM
Erfaron nodds, still speaking softly. "Works for me. Likely I will dispose of it entirely, although I honestly doubt theres much left of it. The acid seemed pretty thorough to me. Two things though. First, she mentions others, a village she belonged to. If we find them, we should tell someone. The truth should not be hidden forever. Second, I think we should tell Osten he melted her father, and Taerquin that he's weilding her inheritance. Deceit among allies is not a good habit."

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-22, 03:26 PM
Alex thinks to himself for a bit then responds Lets wait till after we get the location. While I agree that we shouldn't lie to them forever Osten especially might not want to lie at all and tell her right away. After we find the location then he won't really be able to tell the child without sounding somewhat crazy.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-23, 12:31 PM
"Ok, thats what we'll do then." Erfaron heads back to the campsite and settles down to await his shift.

Rolls for the night, during his shift:
Listen:
[roll0]
Spot:
[roll1]
Hide:
[roll2]
Move Silently:
[roll3]

Road_Runner
2011-10-23, 12:56 PM
Taerquin watches them return. "We will camp here then?"

For his watch (in a close by tree if possible):

Spot:[roll0]

Listen:[roll1]

Hide:[roll2]

Move Silently:[roll3]

Demidos
2011-10-23, 02:46 PM
Checks for my watch
Listen:[roll1]
Hide:[roll2]
Move Silently:[roll3]

darkillini
2011-10-24, 08:44 PM
the night passes uneventfully, again the fog rolls in as usual, and the silence takes over.
The morning greets you with the sight of dark ominous clouds nearly overhead. different from the normal bright sunshine you've had thus far.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-25, 10:03 PM
Erfaron helps pack up, making sure that his pack contains the bones and the scraps of leather, among other things, ensuring he has enough space for even more if he needs it.

Then he continues guiding them on the trail.

Survival (tracking)
[roll0]

Road_Runner
2011-10-26, 12:36 AM
Taerquin will also help pack up and then follow Erfaron.

Demidos
2011-10-26, 09:38 PM
Osten does a sweep for anything interesting/anything left behind :smallbiggrin:
Search [roll0]

darkillini
2011-10-27, 09:08 PM
about an hour into following the trail the dark clouds above begin dropping rain, quickly destroying signs of the trail you've been following. the wind begins to pick up and the rain slowly is increasing in tempo.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-27, 09:25 PM
Erfaron gets frantic as the drops fall. When he looses all trace of it, he starts ranting in Elven. "Air thelol paelodaer sai val BYRn? Ai tal shaeloli sor si-vyr! Byrn shar tal shi pai?! Ai eis BYR salol ail sor Shaes bystor!!" Those familiar with wild elves should be able to pick out one or two of the more common curses.

When he runs out of words, he says nothing more, but attempts to climb any nearby tree that looks climb-able in order to see farther.

Climb (untrained)
[roll0]

darkillini
2011-10-27, 10:39 PM
as erfaron attempts to get a handhold, the water falling from the sky unfortunately has caused the trees to become slick, preventing him from making any progress up the tree.
(2x dc 15 checks to climb tree)

Road_Runner
2011-10-28, 12:38 AM
Taerquin uses his wings to cover any packs with supplies in them to prevent them from getting wet. "Well, this is unfortunate. What to do now..."

AntiMatter101
2011-10-28, 04:37 PM
after frustrating his efforts on the tree, the rain seem sto drive erfaron into the ground. sitting with his back to the tree, he looks to the others. "Yes. What now?"

Demidos
2011-10-28, 09:24 PM
Survival Check [roll0]

Edit (using my insane survival skills):
I think, Osten says into the shrieking wind, that there might be a storm coming. We should seek cover.
Deadpan.:smallbiggrin:

Silva Stormrage
2011-10-30, 12:47 AM
Alexandros sighs, Of course. Well we should try to make a makeshift structure. Those tries are not going to be easy to climb. And I don't think she can climb them before the storm ends. Hey Erfaron you are the elf here, how long should a storm this size last? .

Alexandros looks around for a good spot where there is a tree and lets the tree block some of the wind.

AntiMatter101
2011-10-31, 12:28 AM
Given direction, Erfaron seems to lift himself partially out of his sulk to scan the sky's looking for clues, still muttering elvish curse words under his breath.

Knowledge (Nature) Check:
[roll0]

darkillini
2011-11-04, 03:11 PM
erfaron
, A storm this size will reach a maximum strength slowly, but once it reaches that time, it will pour for hours before finally letting up. from what you've seen on the storm so far, you imagine that it could be quite some time, maybe a little more then a day before the storm will subside completely, because it has yet to reach what you think it's full strength will be.

Alexandros manages to find a small tree to shelter from the wind while Erfaron is thinking, the little girl hides behind it as well.

AntiMatter101
2011-11-06, 03:46 PM
Erfaron goes to alexandros, shouting over the wind, "This storm is going to get worse, and it's likely to last over a day! We need to find much better shelter, on higher ground!" if someoneone was not in earshot, he repeats his message to them, then starts looking for said higher ground and a more permanent shelter.

Search check:
[roll0]

and/or

Geography check:
[roll1]

Edit:
((specifically looking for a cave or something similar))

Demidos
2011-11-06, 06:18 PM
Keeping a firm grip on the girl, so she doesn't get lost in the wind and rain, Osten nods and attempts to help looking
Search Check
[roll0]

Or if i can use my nature knowledge to understand the layout of the nearby area
[roll1]

Road_Runner
2011-11-07, 11:07 PM
Taerquin holds the supplies under the cover of his wings while helping to Search for cover.

Search: [roll0]

darkillini
2011-11-09, 09:54 PM
your group manages to find a poor version of shelter under a set of trees whos limbs have intertwined above somewhat. however the leaking of the roof and the rain that fell while you were looking ruins 1 piece of food in the pack. the storm is continuing to get stronger, with lightning being heard in the distance.

however the wind begins to die down a bit as the front passes the area, yet Erfarons predictions seem to be true, as you look into the distance and see only dark sky.

Demidos
2011-11-09, 10:51 PM
Osten shouts "I can make us a shelter" over the howling wind. He then breathes acid into the side of the tree, cutting out a hole where someone could shelter from the storm.

Im assuming these are large trees here, correct me if I am mistaken
I take care to NOT make the tree collapse
If the bark comes off in large pieces, osten tries to "cut" (read: melt:smallwink:) it such that it can be used to patch the "shelter"
If anyone tries to stop him, osten immediately stops
If people protest that is a bad idea, Osten stops and instead searches for branches to help improve the shelter
If people protest that is a bad idea, osten sits down and sulks :smallannoyed:

darkillini
2011-11-09, 11:00 PM
it will take several minutes/ tree, and the trees while not tiny things, are not redwoods. you can make a space maybe large enough for one person so fit in without compromising the trees integrity.. to much.

osten manages to carve out several small holes near the base of a few trees. large enough for individuals to fit inside and get out of the rain.

no peeking:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
these may or may not mean anything.. :smallbiggrin:

AntiMatter101
2011-11-10, 09:40 PM
Erfaron gets inside one of the tree things, looks around to see if he is needed, and, if not, immediately begins a trance.

fast forwards 4 hours for him.

Demidos
2011-11-11, 12:36 AM
After finishing, Osten makes sure the girl is comfortable, and checks in with Alex and Taerquin about watches. If he is not first watch, he goes to sleep as well

Watch rolls

MS [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Hide [roll3] Bonus for being in a tree?

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-11, 02:30 AM
Alex looks over Osten's handy work, Hm, not the most comfortable shelter but well done. I assume the acid won't burn us as we sleep of course.

Watch Rolls

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Hide
[roll2]
Move Silently
[roll3]

Demidos
2011-11-11, 08:32 PM
Heal Check [roll0]
Craft Check (while im not tending Taerquin) [roll1]

......such...pathetic...rolls.....2 aid anothers plz?

Road_Runner
2011-11-11, 08:34 PM
Taerquin attempts to rest in order to heal from some of his wounds.

Can Erfaron or Alex attempt a heal check for long-term care?

AntiMatter101
2011-11-11, 10:17 PM
When Erfaron is done Trancing, he attempts to Aid Taerquin's recovery. When that is not occupying his time, he uses some stones, wood and vines in an attempt to make a sturdy spear.

Heal Check: (Aid another if that is more appropriate)
[roll0]

Craft(Weaponmaking):
[roll1]

Not sure how long this takes in total, but Erfaron is willing to idlly make the spear, however long it takes.

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-11, 11:21 PM
Alex also attempts to heal Tarquien's wounds after resting.

Heal check
[roll0]

darkillini
2011-11-14, 10:19 PM
over the next few hours the rain continues to pour down outside your little hovels, alex's tending manage to keep everyone form rolling over sore/tender spots.
(each person, other then alex, receives 2 hp back, as if it was a god nights rest.)

nothing much happens during the watches, flashes of lightning and thunder every so often, with no discernible pattern as to where its striking, some are close some are far away.

as the storm drags on the monotony of the rain is suddenly broken by a massive blinding flash of light in the space outside of your tree holes, followed quickly by a tremendous concussive blast which crashes into each of you.

-dc 20 reflex save for half 20 non lethal damage, if conscious after
dc 15 fort to avoid being blinded.-

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-15, 01:22 AM
Reflex save
[roll0]

Demidos
2011-11-15, 01:22 AM
Reflex Save
[roll0] plus an additional +2 or +4 based on cover (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm) as determined by Darkillini

WOOOT! GOOD ROLLS! Now....im still uncouncious...:smallannoyed:

Road_Runner
2011-11-15, 01:48 AM
In a concussive blast of sonic energy and in his weakened state Tarquin loses his grip on conciousness

Reflex Save: [roll0] DC 20

Fort Save: [roll1] (is this permanently blinded or temporarily from the flash?) [roll2] DC 15

AntiMatter101
2011-11-16, 09:19 PM
Erfaron was sitting in his tree-hole, idly fiddling with some of the wood, and getting nowhere when the blast came.

Reflex save
[roll0]

Fortitude save:
[roll1]

(((+whatever bonuses we do or do not get from cover.)))
(ahhh forget it,)
Wherever he lands, Erfaron is unconscious, slumping in position.

Demidos
2011-11-16, 11:19 PM
Oops. Fort Save
[roll0]

BOOYEAH.SAVES FTW! I will become conscious in 1 hour :smallbiggrin:

darkillini
2011-11-20, 04:51 PM
tearquin, alex, earfaron
you wake to a soft patter of rain hitting your faces, alex and earfaron wake inside of their tree cubbies with water dripping from the tops of them, new cracks noticeable in the entire cubbie, likely due to the damage done to the trees from the lightning, thunder combination. Tearquin on the other hand wakes to find the tree he was in split open from the blast, the remainder of his tree having fallen backwards away from center of your clearing.

osten is still unconscious, and his tree looks the most damaged of the remaining standing trees, every so often you hear a popping, and cracking sound from the trees. looking around you see that the soft rain seems to be the trailing edge of the storm which seems to be moving onwards to the north east.

osten
you are still unconscious.

different waking times are due to same amount of non-leathal damage to all, but different actual hp totals, in theory tearquin wakes first, then erfaron, then alex, but it's faster to just have you all wake up now, then have tearquin RP 6 hours or so of solo time.

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-20, 08:41 PM
Alex clears his head, Okay WHAT THE HELL! Did we just get hit by lightning... what are the odds of that. Hell I am like 99% sure a normal lightning bolt CAN'T hit that many different trees. I believe the storm may be magical in nature. Also where is the girl?

Looking for the girl.
[roll0]

OOC:
Oh just because you might have forgotten. My psicrystal was unharmed by that lightning since it is immune to nonlethal. So it was conscious while we weren't.

AntiMatter101
2011-11-21, 06:59 PM
Erfaron sits up with a groan, apraising Alex with one eye. "It happens sometimes, usually only with two though. Still, I wonder..."
Getting out of his tree, he stands back to examine them, trying to see what exactly had happened, and if it was even possible to have been a natural event.
For the moment, he could care less about the little problem girl.

Knowledge (Nature):
[roll0]

Demidos
2011-11-24, 02:10 AM
Osten grumbles in his unconsciousness-sleep. :smallannoyed:kidding, just kidding :smallbiggrin:

Road_Runner
2011-11-25, 10:02 PM
Taerquin stands up groggily and moans "Ughh my head...." Turning to Alex,"did your psicrystal notice anything weird happen while we were unconscious?"

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-26, 07:48 PM
Alex stops and concentrates on his psicrystal, then nods and addresses the rest of the party. It noticed the girl take off to the east of the forest after assuming we were dead. Do you want to chase after her? She has a decent lead and is quite small.

darkillini
2011-11-27, 11:09 PM
as you speak the cracking noise that you've been hearing from the tree over osten begins to increase in volume.

DC 10 dexterity checks from the 3 of you who are conscious please, Alex gets a +2 bonus to the check as your psi crystal sends out a danger message based on its experiences while you were asleep.

if you pass the check, (or if your osten since you can't really do anything about it, being unconscious.), to can react to
the tree above osten splinter's and snaps about the base, beginning to fall towords his body

Road_Runner
2011-11-28, 11:06 AM
Taerquin lunges to pull Osten out from beneath the cracking branch.

[roll0]

darkillini
2011-11-28, 12:47 PM
tearquin manages to pull osten out from under the tree just in time as the trunk collapses from the damage lightning did to it.

400 exp to all for surviving the storm (IIRC you should all now be lvl 2, and no you don't regain all lost hit points upon leveling, just gain new ones.)

AntiMatter101
2011-11-28, 08:44 PM
(((hmmm... It's too late to go first, isn't it.)))

Erfaron starts forwards, before seeing that Taerquin has it all under controll. Instead, he throws himself to one side as the tree falls.

(DC10 Dex Check:)
[roll0]

A few minutes after the dust settles, Erfaron examines the broken mess that used to be a tree. He begins gathering up the larger parts of the fallen tree that had broken off, branches and the like. As he begins, he turns to Taerquin. "Hey, think you could use the sword to chop off some of the useable branches still on the tree?"

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-28, 08:59 PM
Alexandros looks down at his current state and his eyes glow brilliantly briefly and then his clothes and himself are cleaned within seconds. There, much better. Alex says satisfied.

Alexandros looks at the fallen tree and states, I believe I can help with that.. With concentration the branches start to break and wear away slowly.

Casting Presdigation. I assume breaking branches is within its power :smallwink: If not I will just heat and cool the edge of the branch till it snaps.

Silva Stormrage
2011-11-29, 01:54 PM
Profession wood gather check
[roll0]

OOC @ GM
What would a masterwork tool of concentration be? And what material would I need to craft one?

AntiMatter101
2011-12-01, 12:12 AM
Erfaron walks around to the side of the tree where the branches WERENT moving all on their own to do some gathering of his own. While he works, he throws glances over at Alex, plainly un-nerved by his spell.

Profession(Woodcutter)
[roll0]
Oh, add a -2 from not having tools.

He will spend 8 hours on the task.