PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help out a newbie? :P

The Mad Hatter
2011-09-03, 02:49 PM
I am trying to write a fancomic is that allowed? Do I need to ask someone?If it is allowed then does anyone know a good site to do it? My drawing sucks...:smallconfused:

CrimsonAngel
2011-09-03, 02:57 PM
There's an entire fan comic subforum. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)

Are you sure you mean website? Or do you mean program?

Tiffanie Lirle
2011-09-03, 03:13 PM
As Crimson posted, there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to fan comics. Just post a thread and it will be reviewed/approved after a short time.

As for programs or sites to do it all for you. Forget it. You need to be able to draw either in a program (Inkscape, paint, etc) Or pen & paper and scan it. Either that or you could try finding an artist on the forum willing to work with you together in a team.

However, if you aren't good at drawing. That isn't a reason to be discouraged. Most of the artists here started from 0 as well. It just takes a little practice and you'll be on your way. The oots style is amazingly easy to start out with due to it's simple nature. Plus there are several tutorials to be found here for various programs.

The people around here aren't going to discourage you if you art isn't as refined as someone elses. As long as things are clearly definable, (e.g. A tree looks like a tree, and a rock looks like a rock) you'll be set.

IF however you don't have the motivation/desire/dedication to learn to draw, you could just write it as a story instead of turning it into a webcomic.

The Mad Hatter
2011-09-03, 03:58 PM
Oh, I can draw on the program (I have a friend) I just suck epicly at the drawing (by hand)... :P I always make the heads to big...:smallfurious: thamks Im currently downloading inkscape. :D