PDA

View Full Version : I was given a half raw chicken sandwich.

Isolder74
2011-09-04, 05:04 PM
This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.

This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.

Venom3053000
2011-09-04, 05:17 PM
why is this under Media Discussions, not that I don't feel sorry for you but this should not be here.

Isolder74
2011-09-04, 05:28 PM
Where should it be then?

Venom3053000
2011-09-04, 05:39 PM
I think Friendly Banter

Vaynor
2011-09-04, 05:45 PM
The Red Towel: Thread moved to Friendly Banter.

Starwulf
2011-09-04, 06:06 PM
This friday because I was in a hurry and didn't have time to get something else I went to Burger King and bought a chicken sandwich. I was halfway through eating it when I noticed that the texture of it felt wrong so I looked at it found that it was still very raw inside. I'm pretty sure that I've gotten food poisoning from it as I've had the runs since midday Saturday.

This is the third time I've had this happen at this location. This is the first time I've gotten sick because of it. Other then to go and complain I'm never going there again.

Did you keep the sandwich? If so, and it really was raw, that can be easily proven(as compared to if the meat was just bad, not really provable just because of how long it would have sat out before you went somewhere with it). On the plus side, if you're capable of sitting at a computer, you just have a mild case of food poisoning, so count yourself lucky. I had food poisoning when I was about 14, I literally slept on my toilet for 3 days, ****ting out blood, and puking into a bucket next to me. I went to the doctor on the third day and he said I should have came in on the first, my case was severe enough to warrant hospitalization. Took me a month before I could enjoy food again, lost 25lbs from it.

Lappy9000
2011-09-04, 06:24 PM
Did you keep the sandwich? If so, and it really was raw, that can be easily proven(as compared to if the meat was just bad, not really provable just because of how long it would have sat out before you went somewhere with it). On the plus side, if you're capable of sitting at a computer, you just have a mild case of food poisoning, so count yourself lucky. I had food poisoning when I was about 14, I literally slept on my toilet for 3 days, ****ting out blood, and puking into a bucket next to me. I went to the doctor on the third day and he said I should have came in on the first, my case was severe enough to warrant hospitalization. Took me a month before I could enjoy food again, lost 25lbs from it.If that's intense food poisoning, then I've definitely had at least moderate food poisoning.

And I feel for you guys, it sucks :smalleek:

Dr.Epic
2011-09-04, 06:59 PM
That's rough, but the real question id do you see the sandwich is half raw or half cooked?:smallwink:

RabbitHoleLost
2011-09-04, 07:02 PM
If this has been a recurring issue for you, I highly suggest you say something to someone.
I worked at a Burger King when I was a teenager, and their "grills" are all automatic. You put the burger/chicken meat in one end, it pops out at the other, done.
If its shooting out unfinished meat, I'm more than willing to bet this is a frequent occurrance, and it should definitely be seen to.

Isolder74
2011-09-04, 07:19 PM
I plan on it. I won't be able to do anything about it until this tues.

Ranger Mattos
2011-09-04, 09:39 PM
I've had problems with Burger King, except instead of serving half-raw chicken sandwiches, they totally mess up the order.

Like one time, I went to a BK with my dad and my sister. They got my sister's order right, but gave me a kid's meal instead of the double cheeseburger I ordered, and they completely ignored my dad's order.

Starwulf
2011-09-04, 10:12 PM
I've had problems with Burger King, except instead of serving half-raw chicken sandwiches, they totally mess up the order.

Like one time, I went to a BK with my dad and my sister. They got my sister's order right, but gave me a kid's meal instead of the double cheeseburger I ordered, and they completely ignored my dad's order.

Surprisingly, I've never had anything but good experiences with Burger King, with the exception of one time me and my wife were in there, a Manager was screaming and cursing at one of the employees who had messed something up back there. Was late at night, so I guess he didn't care, but it was a bit annoying to listen to.

On the other hand, when I got my case of food poisoning, I got it from eating undercooked Chicken at Roy Rogers, and I have never gone back there since, and have no plans on ever going there again, even though I used to love the place.

Isolder74
2011-09-05, 12:16 AM
That's rough, but the real question id-s do you see the sandwich is half raw or half cooked?:smallwink:

This isn't a glass half full/half empty situation. Either chicken is cooked or it isn't.

DemonicAngel
2011-09-05, 03:43 AM
sounds like they threw a frozen chicken breast in there. if you don't fully thaw it beforehand, it looks done on the outside while being raw on the inside, the heat energy wasted on thawing the ice.

Phishfood
2011-09-05, 02:06 PM
sounds like they threw a frozen chicken breast in there. if you don't fully thaw it beforehand, it looks done on the outside while being raw on the inside, the heat energy wasted on thawing the ice.

This is a D&D board, so shouldn't we say that the chicken made its saving throw against being cooked? :P

Dr.Epic
2011-09-05, 03:17 PM
This isn't a glass half full/half empty situation. Either chicken is cooked or it isn't.

So, do you see my statement as half sane or half crazy?:smallwink:

enderlord99
2011-09-05, 07:18 PM
So, do you see my statement as half sane or half crazy?:smallwink:

Completely crazy.:smallannoyed:

Dr.Epic
2011-09-05, 08:01 PM
Completely crazy.:smallannoyed:

Completely crazy or zero logic?:smallwink:

Did I just blow your mind? Okay, even I admit I'm not making sense anymore.;)

enderlord99
2011-09-05, 09:27 PM
Completely crazy or zero logic?:smallwink:

Did I just blow your mind? Okay, even I admit I'm not making sense anymore.;)

Yes:smallwink:

No correct

RabbitHoleLost
2011-09-06, 12:39 AM

Pro Tip: Its always frozen before its put through the grill :smalltongue:
Fastfood can't thaw their food before cooking it.
My bets are, as I said earlier, on a grill malfunction

Jude_H
2011-09-06, 12:44 AM
This is the third time I've had this happen at this location.
I like that it happened, then you kept going there, then it happened again, then you kept going there, then it happened again.

Runestar
2011-09-06, 01:04 AM
Similar experience, but this time with Long John's Silvers. For some reason, the chicken served at the outlet near my house is always hard and cold. I am pretty sure one case of food poisoning was attributed to it. Never ordered it ever again. The salmon they serve there is excellent, though very expensive. :smallannoyed:

Lither
2011-09-06, 03:40 AM
I had something similar but not anywhere near the same where I was once served a deep fried moth at a fast food place. Never returned. I suggest you either lodge a complaint, or do as I did and don't return.

Syka
2011-09-06, 10:31 AM
I got a chicken sandwich at Denny's once (while out with the guy I was dating, no less). First bite, normal. Second bite, felt a little rubbery. I look down and see it's still bright pink inside...like, not at ALL cooked through. I waved over the waitress (whom I'd had several times before with my family and who is sweet) to let her know, and she was sooo pissed at the cook.

I tend to agree, because there is no excuse for it to be fully pink inside. She sent it back and comped my dinner, which is probably standard but since I'd only had one bite of actual rawness that got spit out I wasn't actually expecting.

Chicken is just finicky, in general. Unless you have the time to properly cook it, it can be tough. Where my boyfriend works, all their chicken is pre-cooked then they just run it through a turbo-chef/industrial microwave/whatever. Thus, no non-cooked chicken.

Isolder74
2011-09-06, 12:08 PM
I like that it happened, then you kept going there, then it happened again, then you kept going there, then it happened again.

The first two times were undercooked french fries.

Scarlet Knight
2011-09-06, 12:33 PM

He said it was raw; he never said it wasn't tasty...:smallwink:

onthetown
2011-09-07, 07:29 PM
I've never gotten raw food from BK, but I've gotten generally gross food and cold food... Mostly the young'uns who work there around these parts, and I've found long hairs that should have been kept in a hairnet, painted fingernail chips, fake eyelashes, etc..

The general rule for eating there is that, if you don't find something "extra", it's probably going to be cold and soggy. Bleh. I only eat there about once a year now, sometimes less; I don't crave it enough to warrant going often.

I like going to DQ because my bestie and several friends from high school work in the kitchen there, so I'm more than likely to get one of them making my food for me and they'll see me standing there and sort of grin and point at the burger. :smallbiggrin: So it's always special and decidedly not gross.

Edit: Another gross food story, if we're sharing horror stories here. There was a really popular corner store/hamburger place that we all went to in junior high. They had THE best fries, ever. The last time I went there, I found several deep-fried flies -- complete with deep-fried greasy guts -- smeared throughout my fries. The restaurant/corner store closed soon after.

But my favourite place to go in high school was awesome. The guy had been running it for 20 years, just a tiny little corner store with a deep fried fast food thing on the side, barely any room to sit and the place looked like crap, but they had the best hamburgers and fries ever (since the last incident). I usually didn't go during lunch because it was lined up out the door, but I would go on the weekends when there weren't school kids around, and even after I graduated I kept going. When I visited a friend in the hospital, the best "get well soon" present was a burger from this place.

Unfortunately, the guy retired and sold it, and it's no longer the same. Just space for rent. :smallfrown:

Lord Loss
2011-09-07, 07:56 PM
My friend got solid chunks in his cafeteria milk yesterday.

Blagh

Also, McDonalds always makes my burgers wrong. Sometimes they use the wrong bread, or they forget ingredients, or they give me the entirely wrong thing.

thorgrim29
2011-09-07, 09:59 PM
Check's location.... Well, since you're in the states I'd say it's suing time isn't it?

Isolder74
2011-09-08, 07:43 AM
Check's location.... Well, since you're in the states I'd say it's suing time isn't it?

Usually requires life threatening hospital stays to be worth the trouble.

I've already reported them to the board of health.

Black_Pants_Guy
2011-09-08, 10:38 AM
As a Burger cook (and cooking enthusiast) in a local equivalent I'm pretty certain that if you've got a half-cooked Chicken Burger it's because someone has taken stock directly from the Freezer room instead of the Fridge Room.
The Questions I have are:
Why hasn't the guy who cooked the burger been taught to take chicken from the fridge?
If not the fault of the cook, Is the guy stocking the fridges and freezers doing his job properly (i.e. putting the chicken from the Freezer in the fridge hours before use in cooking)?

Toast1862
2011-09-08, 03:30 PM
My friend got solid chunks in his cafeteria milk yesterday.

Blagh

Also, McDonalds always makes my burgers wrong. Sometimes they use the wrong bread, or they forget ingredients, or they give me the entirely wrong thing.

Ohhh, that brings back memories. When I was in middle school, our cafeteria regularly served spoiled milk and pudding, moldy burgers, dead bugs, so on and so forth. I personally witnessed all of my examples above, and there were other horror stories I heard from others. Those were the days.

Regarding Burger King, I actually only have been there once since I was very little and they switched to liquid smoke. I actually really enjoyed it that time, but it might have been that I was out of country for the first time, had slept on a train and hadn't eaten breakfast. My first meal in London was BK and it wasn't bad. :smallsmile: In fact, in the situation, it was incredible.

I'm rather hardy so I haven't gotten food poisoning from any of the raw things I've eaten... or sick from much of anything at all in my life... but I did have a burger with something bright blue and horrible-looking in the meat at a small chain restaurant that I never went back to.