PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have my poster title locked at "Dwarf"?

iyaerP
2011-09-08, 12:42 AM
Other than not posting I mean. I guess what I am driving at is that I would much rather remain a "dwarf in the playground" than advance to orcishness without having to try and play post-deletion and numbers games with the site scriptings.

Serpentine
2011-09-08, 12:51 AM
Nope, it's automatic, and it doesn't matter, and we don't discuss 'em. Also I'm pretty sure going out of your way to delete your posts just to stay a particular title will be heavily frowned upon.

pendell
2011-09-08, 08:34 AM
@Serpentine: Are you sure? Many of the mods have custom titles which never change ("Gunslinger in the playground" "Footprint in the Playground" etc.) Possibly a custom title could be made for the OP?

I wish there was some way to make that title customizable for everyone. Not only might it be useful for some posters, it would shush the occasional discussion we have over those titles. One less rule for the mods to enforce.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Elder Tsofu
2011-09-08, 09:12 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier to remove them all together then, except possibly for the mods?
It would remove the one line of possibly rule-breaking text arising from custom titles, and we don't discuss them after all. :smallwink:

@OP;
You could start posting exclusively in the silly message-board games section, posts in that area do not count toward the title.

Dogmantra
2011-09-08, 09:17 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier to remove them all together then, except possibly for the mods?

I think they've said that titles are ingrained into this particular version of vBulletin and that removing them is more trouble than occasionally saying "yeah you don't talk about that" (which they don't have to do particularly often, see this thread for examples). I'd imagine the software either has some requirements of a minimum number of titles or the chaps in charge just decided to add some anyway since it'd be weird if the titles never changed at all.

Kobold-Bard
2011-09-08, 09:25 AM
I think the answer will be something like: It's possible to do it, but this would just open the floodgates for people wanting particular titles, and will be more trouble than it's worth. Since user-titles are just for fun, modifying them isn't a high priority. Don't delete posts for this purpose & please do not discuss user-titles. <insert joke about lack of mind control here>

Roland St. Jude
2011-09-08, 09:53 AM
Sheriff: I may add to this later, but basically, Kobold-Bard has it right.