PDA

View Full Version : Deviants in the Playground (Or Giant in Deviantart)

Crimmy
2011-09-08, 10:18 PM
Here you guys, I just managed to start a new one, since the last one we had was brutally abandoned.
In here I plan to make various admins, so there won't be a problem like "Could you add me" and then have to wait 2 years until the admin remembers his dA password.

http://giant-in-deviantart.deviantart.com/

Please, check it out, it's just starting.

Teutonic Knight
2011-09-09, 12:24 AM
Checked it out. Yeah the old one died. Hope the new one survives. Plus it's an active member running it, so it should be fine. I would like to join, whenever the joining begins. :smalltongue:

Let's try to keep admins to active Giantitp and dA members, so that it won't die. Don't know if that sounds discriminatory or not.

Serpentine
2011-09-09, 12:27 AM
It won't let me join :smallfrown:

Domochevsky
2011-09-09, 02:33 AM
Alright, sounds good. But yes, it cannot be joined at this time. :smallsmile:

(A pity about the old group.)

Mauve Shirt
2011-09-09, 01:17 PM
I look forward to getting to join this group!

Crimmy
2011-09-09, 02:00 PM
Yeah, about the joining thing, I checked and it was off, but now it's running.
You guys should send the request and also (if you like) say who you are on the Forum.

Thormag
2011-09-09, 03:22 PM
I just sent a request on devianART.

That's it.

Crimmy
2011-09-09, 08:46 PM
Okay guys, start uploading images! I can't be the sole contributor.

Teutonic Knight
2011-09-09, 08:57 PM
Hmm. I resent again. Also, can some one explain the difference between featured and favorites? When you suggest one of your artworks, they ask you if it belongs in the gallery or favorites.

If not, let's decide what gets uploaded where.

Domochevsky
2011-09-09, 09:04 PM
There are different folders? "featured" is the only thing showing up for me, and that apparently only allows 10 deviantions per day. >_>

Crimmy
2011-09-09, 09:31 PM
The favorites are simply things you think might be amusing for the community but you don't actually own, so you can't decide for the author if he must send his work to the group.

The Featured/Folders are for members who wanna contribute their art for the rest of the community.

Yes, Domo, there are other folders.

Mauve Shirt
2011-09-09, 10:35 PM
EvilELQ here. Won't someone please let me in?

Crimmy
2011-09-11, 10:50 AM
So there seems to be a bit of confusion on the dA page.

Now, I must say: I can't be the sole administrator, so who else could help?
Remember that being an admin in there means moving drawings that are not on the "right" collection to the right folder, accepting both Playgrounders and OotS/Erf fans to the group, a bit of modding if the talk page/blog gets in a discussion, etc. Also, to help make the page pretty.

So...?

Serpentine
2011-09-11, 11:09 AM
I'm willing to be one if you'll have me.

Thormag
2011-09-11, 02:29 PM
I check both deviantART and GiantITP compulsively so I might be able to mod the group if needed.

Crimmy
2011-09-11, 08:42 PM
The more, the merrier. This way I can take a small load off my shoulders. Thanks Thromag, thanks Serpie. :smallsmile:

Teutonic Knight
2011-09-11, 10:23 PM
I check both deviantART and GiantITP compulsively so I might be able to mod the group if needed.

As am I? If you still need people I can.

Also, where it displays what groups people are in on their profile page's top bar under their picture next to their basic info, is it only visible to other people?

Crimmy
2011-09-11, 11:35 PM
I dunno, I can see my own groups. Maybe you have to edit your page or something.

Teutonic Knight
2011-09-12, 01:05 AM
I looked it up. You have to have a rank greater than an ordinary member of the group for it to show up in your profile tab.

Mauve Shirt
2011-09-12, 07:50 AM
I looked it up. You have to have a rank greater than an ordinary member of the group for it to show up in your profile tab.

That is super lame, because I don't have an easy way of navigating to the group. :smallannoyed: And probably for the same reason it won't let me submit art to the group when I first upload it.

Domochevsky
2011-09-12, 11:12 AM
Is that how that works? That is indeed pretty lame. No way to navigate to easily groups short of checking for messages from that group. :smallannoyed:

Related: I suspect it is intended that one can only submit to the Featured folder? (To be sorted by a moderator later, probably.)

Somewhat unrelated: I can't see a single new picture on deviantArt currently. Anything that's younger than 24h only leads to a 404 error. Is that only me? :smallconfused:

Crimmy
2011-09-12, 03:31 PM
I'd say yes, because I just checked.

Also, I'm gonna see why nobody can post on other folders...

EDIT: I see. There was a default "blocking" for anybody that wasn't Founder/mod. It should be okay now.

Domochevsky
2011-09-12, 04:13 PM
Alright then. I guess those two things are sorted out (me being able to see images, which fixed itself, and the Featured folder).

What about the "you can only post 10 pics a day" bit?

Mr_Saturn
2011-09-12, 04:23 PM
My deviantart is made exclusively for my sewing creations; I have photobucket for everything else. Is the group just for showing off OotS-style/fanart creations? :smallconfused:

*requests to join*

EDIT: Obligatory deviant ID: http://yitsockl.deviantart.com/

Domochevsky
2011-09-12, 04:34 PM
Related:

Folders that should be added:

- Iron Avatarist
- Ponie Avatars

Anything else? :smallsmile:

Crimmy
2011-09-12, 05:01 PM
Saturn, no, it has a Craftmasters Section, so you can add your sewing creations.

Domo, the folders thing... The ponies... If you're talking about "The playgrounders' best known avatar as something else" then we should have one that is "Special Avatar Weeks"

Thormag
2011-09-30, 11:47 AM
I feel like we are not actively searching for all those OotS goodies that are on deviantART. We need to be more proactive!

If you see an avatar in OotS, fanart of OotS or if you are a Craftmaster (such as a jewelcrafter like Serpentine or a tailor like Mr_Saturn) or Painter, please submit them to the group!

Domochevsky
2011-09-30, 12:58 PM
Submitting other people's work to the group? What? :smallconfused:

Crimmy
2011-09-30, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Domo, it can be done. All you have to do is request the creator for permission to add it to the group.

Thormag has done that before, if I recall correctly.

Serpentine
2011-10-01, 01:02 AM
There's also the Group Favourites option.