PDA

View Full Version : Invocations for Everyone! PEACH

Jjeinn-tae
2011-09-09, 12:13 AM
OK, I have no idea what PEACH means, but I know it calls for constructive criticism. :smalltongue: This project aims to create Tier 3 classes akin to the Warlock and Dragonfire Adept in alternate flavorings. Any help that can be made to help that goal is appreciated. If you test run any of the classes I'd love to hear about it too. :smallbiggrin:

For now, I just have the Devout, and since I'm not putting a Invocation list up just yet, it's unplayable. I want to know where it lands without first. Mainly I'm wanting to see how much of an amazing thing 1/minute Dispel Magic is, is it too powerful? And is the Attack Bonus too low? I have many ideas for invocations, and should have A preliminary list in a week. I'm also open to suggestions.

THE DEVOUT

TO DO:

-Skills List
-Full Proficiencies
-Full Invocations List

Design Goals

The Devout is supposed to be the celestial equivalent of the Warlock. Where the warlock's powers turn him into quite the combat force, with great capabilities offensive and defensive; The Devout's powers lend to a more defensive set. She focuses on making her allies stronger, and being able to take the brunt of an attack for them if need be.

In combat, she is capable of healing up her team, and causing problems for the undead (or helping undead on her own side) at base. But with the right invocation choice, she is meant to be able to provide a chassis for battlefield control or becoming a direct attacker.

She also has quite a repertoire for countering the powers of enemies, dispel magic, energy resistance and various invocations can make her quite the counter spell-caster.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Invocations Known
1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Channel (1d6), Invocation (least)|1
2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Detect Alignment|2
3|+1|+1|+1|+3|Channel (2d6)|2
4|+2|+1|+1|+4|Turn/Rebuke Undead|3
5|+2|+1|+1|+4|Channel (3d6)|3
6|+3|+2|+2|+5|New Invocation (least or lesser)|4
7|+3|+2|+2|+5|Channel (4d6)|4
8|+4|+2|+2|+6|Rebuke/Turn Undead|5
9|+4|+3|+3|+6|Channel (5d6), Dispel Magic|5
10|+5|+3|+3|+7|Energy Infusion 3|6
11|+5|+3|+3|+7|Channel (6d6), New Invocation (least, lesser or greater)|7
12|+6|+4|+4|+8|Damage Reduction (3)|7
13|+6|+4|+4|+8|Channel (7d6)|8
14|+7|+4|+4|+9|Energy Infusion 6|8
15|+7|+5|+5|+9|Channel (8d6)|9
16|+8|+5|+5|+10|Damage Reduction (6), New Invocation (least, lesser, greater, planar)|10
17|+8|+5|+5|+10|Channel (9d6)|10
18|+9|+6|+6|+11|Energy Infusion 9, Greater Dispel Magic|11
19|+9|+6|+6|+11|Channel (10d6)|11
20|+10|+6|+6|+12|Damage Reduction (9), Ascension|12[/table]
Hit Die: d10
Alignments:
If you use alignment restrictions, Devout may be any Good or Chaotic. As Warlocks, a devout going against the nature of their powers tend to act unpredictably. In this case, random acts of good surrounded by their normal activities.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Devout is proficient with Simple Weapons, All varieties of armor, shields (but not tower shields), The rest is forthcoming

Invocations: As the warlock, with the following changes:
Devout draw invocations from their own list.
Devout may use their invocations with no risk of arcane spell failure (for their invocations are divine)
The final grade of invocation is Planar instead of Dark.

Channel (Sp): Through the divine power imbued within the Devout, she is able to channel energy through her touch. As a standard action, she may make a melee touch attack (no attack needed on a willing target) and impart either positive or negative energy on her target, her choice on every use of the ability.

Channel deals (or heals) 1d6 damage at first level, increasing by 1d6 every level thereafter. There is no saving throw for this damage, but spell resistance may apply. Channel is a spell effect of level equal to half the Devout's class level, rounded down; and tops out as a 9th level effect at Devout level 18.

Spell Penetration can assist in penetrating a foe's spell resistance, and Ability Focus (Channel) may be used to increase any DC's relating to Channel.

Channel has no effect on objects or constructs.

Detect Alignment (Sp): As the Paladin ability Detect Evil, albeit in addition to evil, if the Devout is Lawful or Chaotic, the ability also checks for the opposite. Thus a chaotic good Devout may detect creatures who are either Lawful or Evil (or both) and be able to differentiate the two, and a Lawful Good Devout may detect Chaotic or Evil (or both).

Turn/Rebuke Undead (Su): At 4th level a Devout gains the ability to either Turn or Rebuke Undead (chosen at level-up) as a cleric of a level equal to Devout level - 3.

At 8th level, the Devout gains the ability that she did not pick at fourth level.

Dispel Magic (Sp): At 9th level, the Devout is able to cast Dispel Magic once per minute as a standard action. Her caster level is equal to her Devout Level.

At 18th level, instead the Devout may cast Greater Dispel Magic, but in all other regards the ability stays the same.

Energy Infusion (Su): At 10th level, the Devout gains energy resistance of 3 to both Positive and Negative energy. This may be suppressed or resumed at will.

As a standard action, the Devout may discharge her Energy Infusion Dealing twice Channel damage to everyone within 5 feet per two Devout levels. Like her standard Channel ability, she may choose this damage to be either Positive or Negative energy, but it must be the same for all targets. Using Energy Infusion this way is physically taxing, and she may not resume her energy resistance until she gains 8 hours of rest.

At 14th level, the Devout's Energy Resistance improves to 6, and again at 18th level to a total of 9.

Damage Reduction (Su): At 12th level, the Devout gains a Damage Reduction of 3. This amount improves at every four levels by 3 (6 at 16th level, 9 at 20th level).

A Devout's damage reduction is suppressed by Evil aligned weapons or (Need a metal).

Ascension (Su): At 20th level, the Devout ascends. Her type becomes outsider[good] regardless of her alignment. In addition, all weapons she wields are treated as good aligned, and she gains Spell Resistance equal to her HD + 10.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-09-09, 04:33 AM
And, just because I'll need it, this is an Invocations list, hopefully all the classes I have planned will fit here...

Devout

Least

Lesser

Greater

Planar