PDA

View Full Version : Belkar saving Hinjo?

Palthera
2011-09-16, 03:19 PM
I was rereading my excellent books and there is a bit in Don't Split the Party where:
Shojo asks the Seer lady if using the Mark of Justice on Belkar is a good idea and she says she sees Belkar saving Hinjo's life twice. Now, one I know because Belkar saves him from the poisoned arrow with his quasi-good action. But I'm damned if I can remember the other occasion...

Spoiling the whole of the above may be a bit excessive, but the comic is an extra one for the book and I'd rather spoiler too much than ruin someone's surprise later...

Gift Jeraff
2011-09-16, 04:04 PM
Two of the main suggestions I've seen, besides "it hasn't happened yet," are:

-Belkar saved his life from the hobgoblin archers in #455 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html). (That seems too weak.)
-Belkar will save the world, which would include Hinjo. (I doubt it's that because then Sangwaan should have said "I see him saving the world.")

Since it seems unlikely that Belkar will be able to directly interact with Hinjo before he dies, my guess is Belkar will somehow save Hinjo through the afterlife (such as fighting the IFCC while they control V or something).

Or maybe, since that same bonus strip implies that Mr. Scruffy will go to Hinjo after Belkar bites it, Scruffy is able to save Hinjo from assassins because of all the time spent with Belkar.

denthor
2011-09-16, 08:39 PM
What comic number does it say that Belkar will save Hinjo's life twice. I have the books so specific comic # Please

KingFlameHawk
2011-09-16, 08:56 PM
What comic number does it say that Belkar will save Hinjo's life twice. I have the books so specific comic # Please

Book 4 comic 665b

I think it is a "hasn't done it yet" type thing as I see saving his life as being intentional as the Hobgoblin thing was in his own words "a prey migration thing" and Belkar is not interested in saving the world, but is just going along for the ride.

Palthera
2011-09-17, 02:49 AM
Hasn't done it yet is good cause it means I haven't missed anything. :smallbiggrin:

Bedinsis
2011-09-17, 04:20 AM
It's possible that this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html) comic is one of those moments.

Palthera
2011-09-17, 05:57 AM
It's possible that this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html) comic is one of those moments.

I have to say I'm leaning more towards the "hasn't happened yet" because that comic shows in it that they are actually capable of surviving a hail of arrows anyway.

bertoltus
2011-09-17, 06:26 PM
I think it just wouldn't make much sense to throw out the prophecy towards the audience so long after it became true. Of course, it could be to fix possible fridge logic, but I doubt it. That second time still has to happen.

Whiffet
2011-09-17, 07:55 PM
This is exactly why when people start saying, "WHOA, Belkar's in a mildly-to-somewhat dangerous situation! He's about to die!!" I don't believe it. Now, there's a possibility that he could manage something while dead, but I won't even consider that unless he dies before saving Hinjo again. There's still time for something to happen before the year ends.

CloakedDancer
2011-09-18, 06:45 AM
This is exactly why when people start saying, "WHOA, Belkar's in a mildly-to-somewhat dangerous situation! He's about to die!!" I don't believe it. Now, there's a possibility that he could manage something while dead, but I won't even consider that unless he dies before saving Hinjo again. There's still time for something to happen before the year ends.

Based on your OOTS calendar, how much time does :belkar: have left to perform another quasi-good act?

Whiffet
2011-09-18, 10:31 AM
Based on your OOTS calendar, how much time does :belkar: have left to perform another quasi-good act?

Not much. :smalltongue: But a lot can happen in ten minutes!

CloakedDancer
2011-09-18, 06:30 PM
Not much. :smalltongue: But a lot can happen in ten minutes!

This is very true. Something with that new spell perhaps.