PDA

View Full Version : The Unforgotten (formerly the Remembered): a 3.5 psionic race (PEACH)

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-09-20, 09:48 PM
[Removed by Author]

Qwertystop
2011-09-20, 09:59 PM
Looks pretty cool.

Pyromancer999
2011-09-21, 10:54 AM
Stuff looks fine, although it sort of warrants an LA, a bit. Still, if you're looking for a name, how about the Unforgotten? Because when people die, they're sort of forgotten by the world, but the person in question has enough will to undo that forgetting process.

EdroGrimshell
2011-09-21, 11:49 AM
This is interesting, i made my own psicrystal-based race not to long ago but this is comepletely different (mine absorbed part of a tsoreva quori spirit). I like this interpretation of a psicrystal race

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-09-21, 05:41 PM
Ok, so I updated the name, because I actually really like the sound of Unforgotten, and it essentially means the same thing... Also, formally gave it a +1 LA. I've felt like it needed it, but wasn't sure. Any further thoughts welcome! :smallbiggrin:

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-09-23, 11:34 AM
Incorporated a few tweaks, based on a conversation with a friend and DM at a game last night. Let me know what you think!

Ernir
2011-09-23, 02:22 PM
I think this would be much clearer if this simply were a template. :smallconfused:

Very cool idea.

TheOneWhoWalks
2011-09-24, 02:21 PM
I thought about it as a template, but I don't want it to be that derivative, you know? I want the Unforgotten to have their own ability scores, to choose their own class or classes, feats and skills, I don't want to have to worry about racial HD, ect. I want the Unforgotten to be their own person, just based on their former master, not more or less a clone, who continues to advance after the original dies. Like a child who has a knack for things the parent was good at, and picked up some things from them, who is easily recognizable as being that person's child, but at the same time is still very much their own person, with their own goals and path in life. Does that make sense...? Anyway, that's why I built the Unforgotten as this kinda race/template hybrid, rather than simply as a template, which I admit would probably be at least somewhat simpler.