PDA

View Full Version : GitP Pairs Contest Chat Thread I

Owrtho
2011-09-21, 05:45 PM
This is the first chat thread for the GitP Pairs Contest. Contests will be linked in this first post. All entries belong in the contest thread, while comments belong here.

Dedicated Duo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216168) - Phoenix Hunter & Phoenix Dragon by Glimbur & Stompy
Picking up the Pieces (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221084)

Owrtho

Hyooz
2011-09-21, 07:11 PM
Question for qualifying half-entries: would a template count as a "monster" as half an entry?

Owrtho
2011-09-21, 07:36 PM
For the current contest, as of right now, no. However, if enough people think that a template would fit with the others, I may add it to this contest or later ones. Something in a similar area is bloodlines that I can think of off hand. Depending on feedback the viable list of half entries may be expanded or trimmed down. As this is the first contest, I chose what seemed to be a good starting ground that didn't seem overly complex. That said, I plan to always require at least 1 PRC in an entry, as those are generally options for players, and tend to be more focused than base classes or races allowing for more diversity.

Owrtho

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-09-23, 11:38 AM
I'd prefer to allow templates, but maybe require more than just that for the "secondary" portion? Also, do you want us to publicly announce our partner or just use a PM?

Owrtho
2011-09-23, 01:01 PM
It would be preferred for people to publicly state their partner, but you could just use pm for most of your discussion on ideas and working on entries.

Owrtho

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-09-23, 02:31 PM
Alright, well, Hyooz and I are planning on working together for this first round.

Howler Dagger
2011-09-23, 09:38 PM
Me and The Underlord are in this together.

Glimbur
2011-09-24, 03:20 PM
Stompy and I have a thing mostly done. We'll probably kick it around another day or two then post it for PEACHes.

Owrtho
2011-10-02, 03:57 AM
Bumping this to remind people and hopefully attract new teams.

Owrtho

Owrtho
2011-10-11, 12:23 PM
Well, since there have yet to be any entries, I thought I'd bump this with a reminder that the deadline is October 31st.

Owrtho

Glimbur
2011-10-16, 05:57 PM
Stompy's portion of our entry will be up soon.

Edit: Hooray!

Lord Ruby34
2011-10-16, 07:15 PM
Sparrow and I will be attempting this together. I think that we've got an idea.

DonutBoy12321
2011-10-16, 07:58 PM
Hmm... I want to participate, but don't have a partner. Is it alright if I ask for one here?

Owrtho
2011-10-16, 09:46 PM
Stompy's portion of our entry will be up soon.

Edit: Hooray!

Well, looks like the first pair of entries is up. Good job.

Edit: Read through your the first pair of entries. Looks good for the most part, though I noticed on Hunter of Myth you said against magical beasts at one point. As for To Kill a Firebird, you may want to mention if this allows other forms of precision damage to work such as sneak attacks.

On the dragon, It looks good so far accounting for the incompleteness. I take it the table mentioned is something yet to be added?

Hmm... I want to participate, but don't have a partner. Is it alright if I ask for one here?

Feel free to, that is part of what this thread is here for, soliciting partners (along with the usual discussion of ideas, entries, and critiquing).

Owrtho

Owrtho
2011-10-30, 03:37 PM
Bumping this to remind people it's the last day for entries. I know more people said they were working on stuff than actually submitted things.

Owrtho

Glimbur
2011-10-31, 05:07 PM
A win by default is still a win.

Stompy
2011-10-31, 06:55 PM
I'd like to apologize to the unruliness of the dragon table. The GitP command wasn't working for me, and for a 13x22 (?) table, I felt like excel pictures instead.

Owrtho
2011-10-31, 08:45 PM
The tables are fine. After all, the key thing is readability.
Still, there are a few hours remaining for competition to appear (though it seems unlikely).
That said, if there are no other entries by the end of the night, I may well begin the next contest tomorrow.

Owrtho

Owrtho
2011-11-01, 02:21 PM
Well, congratulations Glimbur & Stompy on winning. That said, as a voting thread was not needed, I've put up the new contest. Hopefully this one will get more entries than the last.

Owrtho

Ajadea
2011-11-02, 12:49 AM
I'll try this time with someone.

Glimbur
2011-11-03, 07:03 PM
As one of the winners (by default is still winning) of the previous contest, I'm honor bound to enter again. I think I'll be working with Thrice Dead Cat this time. It's kind of a strange idea I had; we'll see how it goes.

Owrtho
2011-11-18, 03:56 AM
I thought it might be a good idea to bump this and remind people of the contest due to the current dearth of entries.

Owrtho