PDA

View Full Version : traps of doom

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-23, 02:55 AM
the bone bridge a bridge made of human bones that animate as the party walk across it, first draw the bridge each square of bridge has all the statistics of a human warrior skeleton (decide what level of warrior would be appropriate and be careful how many squares you make) except the characters can walk across them, but you know what will happen when the bridge is severed, each square of bridge can attack an adjacent player or a player standing directly above it and if any of your players fly the bridge will attempt to grapple them and for non-flying players the bridge will sway when animated requiring your players to make a reflex save vs. the bridge's str check (the str of one skeleton +1/30ft of bridge length + the d20 roll) on a failed save the player is knocked prone and if they are on the edge of the bridge they fall off in to whatever lies below (it should be lava) the CR should be about 1.25 X what is normal for fighting the same number of skeletons the same thing can be done with assassin vines (can easly be set aflame), conjoined earth elementals or animated objects

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-23, 03:45 AM
the wall of sharpnes it apears to be a normal rocky wall but hiden in some of the most handy hand holds neer the top are presure sensitive and loaded with pointy $#!% dealing 1d8 points of damage and most likely causing a fall but if not the climber suffers a -4 to climb checks until they reaseve a DC 15 heal check if the climber is aware of the traped areas they may avoid them by taking a -6 on there climb check trap CR 1 more depending on the hight of the wall

Elemental
2011-09-23, 04:18 AM
That's simply diabolical, no one would ever expect a natural rock wall to be trapped. I'll have to remember to cast fly spells whenever I'm in a dungeon now.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-23, 04:56 PM
yes remain ever wary but then again any third level ilusionist may hide a trap with the invisibility spell and make fake traps with silent image

Yitzi
2011-09-24, 10:35 PM
That's simply diabolical, no one would ever expect a natural rock wall to be trapped. I'll have to remember to cast fly spells whenever I'm in a dungeon now.

Which is why the monsters (who don't fly) have trapped the airspace above 5' (or 3' if they're kobolds.)

Elemental
2011-09-24, 10:47 PM
No wonder it's so hard to get health insurance as an adventurer. I think I'll stay away from the dungeon with the trapped air.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-24, 10:54 PM
i have attached a fireball to an arcane eye spell leting the invisible sensor float through the dungon blowing up the first thing it sees

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-24, 11:11 PM
or finger of death would be a cooler combonation just think of the confusion caused buy a party member droping dead with no visible wounds while no monsters are anywhere neer