PDA

View Full Version : What kind of giant are we talking about

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 02:16 PM
When I learned of GitP I was impressed by the fun and complexity of all the forums, but was left with a strange feeling in the back of my mind. I just now realized I don't know what giant is in this playground? (speaking in game statistics) with the rankings containing barbarians of unspecified levels and titans, I was thinking that one of the only giants that could best a titan would be a mountain giant (MM2). I don’t think it's accurate it can't be just some old 26 CR creature taken out buy a party of lv19 power gamers and min maxers it has to be worthy of being the highest ranking. So this is my challenge I have a creature a made called the playground giant in the spoiler below. If you want to make your own interpretation do so and post it here but here are just some basic guidelines that you should fallow.

Make it a giant of course
Size large or larger
30 or more HD
High str and con scores, high natural armor and other things typical of giants just make sure it can bring the beef
Make it good but not to good its awesomeness must be quantifiable in numbers words to avoid confusion
May not be a specific creature so no class levels, divine ranks, or templates

This is my playground giant
Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant
Hit Dice: 35d8+525 (682 hp)
Initiative: 5 (+1 Dex, +4 improved initiative)
Speed: 70 ft.
Armor Class: 37 (-4 size, +1 Dex, +30 natural), Touch 7, Flat-footed 36
BAB/Grapple: +26/+55
Attack: Banhammer Alpha +44/+39/+34/+29 melee (2d8+23) or rock +27 ranged (4d6+17)
Full Attack: Banhammer Alpha +44/+39/+34/+29 melee (2d8+23) or rock +27 ranged (4d6+17)
Space/Reach: 20 ft. /15 ft.
Special Attacks: Rock throwing, giant footprints
Special Qualities: Rock catching, metagaming, DR 15/Epic, SR 30
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +12, Will +15
Abilities: Str 45, Dex 13, Con 40, Int 19, Wis 20, Cha 18
Skills: Craft (Comic Books) +42, Knowledge (Game Loopholes) +42, Knowledge (Game Plot Line) +42, Knowledge (Internet) +42, Perform (Role-playing) +46, Profession (Writer) +43
Feats: Power attack, improved initiative, cleave, great cleave, sunder, improved bull rush, large and in charge, combat reflexes, leadership, epic leadership, epic reputation
Environment: The Playground
Organization: Solitary or with followers from Leadership
Challenge Rating: 31
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Lawful Neutral
Advancement: 36-40 HD (Gargantuan), 41+ HD (Colossal)

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant alows trolls to be his followers but not trolling trolls. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had. Every 80 trillion years a playground giant will die of old age, unlike traditional giant the playground giant grants the power to become a giant to a lesser giant with levels in the Giant in the Playground prestige class. Before the leader of the playgrounds passes off he decides to bestow the Banhammer Alpha to a new leader. The old and inactive threads are purged as part of a celebration and a new era begins.

Giant Footprints (Ex): The playground giant leaves deep indentations in the ground whenever he walks. This lowers the DC to track a giant by 5. To anyone 3 or more size categories smaller than the giant, these footprints are treated as difficult terrain.

Giant Leadership (Ex): Any playground giant's followers that are giants count as 3 levels lower for determining their level as his followers. This reduction only reduces the ECL of being a giant. In addition, the giant gains a +10 circumstance bonus to his leadership score.

Metagaming (Su): The playground giant understands everything that happens in his playground. He knows the surface thoughts of the mind of any creature in the area that fails a Will save (DC 31). The save is charisma-based. He is also unaffected by any mind-affecting effects in his playground.

Rock Throwing (Ex): The playground giant can hurl rocks of 100 to 120 pounds (Large objects) up to five range increments. The range increment is 240 feet for the playground giant’s thrown rocks

Rock Catching (Ex): The playground giant can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, a giant that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The giant must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning troll bane warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also cast silence cast buy a 30th level sorcerer at will, with one exception instead of targeting an area the spell targets a topic of conversation witch is now called locked. When the wielder of the Banhammer is successful on an attack made to sunder a weapon with the flaming enhancement on it the weapon the hardness is ignored. Similarly any creature that does fire damage with a natural attack has there DR ignored. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his Banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-27, 02:24 PM
That's certainly an interesting piece of homebrew, but to answer your question, the 'Giant' refers to the person who runs the site, Rich Burlew, the author of the very popular Order of the Stick comic strip. He occasionally posts here as a user who is named "The Giant", and flaming him will get you perma-banned.

All of this is in the Rules for Posting, by the way, so if you haven't read that, I would strongly suggest you do, as this site has some pretty strict rules that you probably wouldn't expect from a forum, but ignorance of the law is no excuse for it.

Have a good one.

Edit: For your homebrew, your attack routine drops by 15 instead of 5 towards the end, should be /+23/+18, not /+13/+8.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 02:33 PM
I am sorry I should have said that I desided to create this thread as define a new creature when the other rankings refer to a particular well known monster. I mean no offence to Rich or anyone else for that matter.

NeoSeraphi
2011-09-27, 02:39 PM
I am sorry I should have said that I desided to create this thread as define a new creature when the other rankings refer to a particular well known monster. I mean no offence to Rich.

Ah, no I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you, and if I did that was not my intent. I simply wanted to answer your question.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 02:46 PM
ahh... thank you for notifying me I just want all the bored people on the internet to have something to homebrew.

and thanks for pointing out the problem with the attacks i fixed it.

I have glanced at the rules of flaming once again, and I don't think I am insulting him or ruining his reputation but thats just my opinion.

Debihuman
2011-09-27, 03:18 PM
It's quite clever actually and I certainly hope Rich doesn't mind some poking fun at his expense.

I would update it to 3.5.
BAB for Giants is 3/4 so it would have a BAB of +26.
Grapple is +55 not +47. Grapple is BAB + Special size modifier + Str bonus for 26 +12 +17 which = 55.
You forgot the normal size modifier of -4 to attack.
It should have 3 more feats and you could give it epic feats as well or monster feats.

Actually I would add Profession (writer) to that list of skills and perhaps Craft (comic book) as well.

He definitely needs some more special abilities.

Debby

ZardozSpeaks
2011-09-27, 03:31 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/titanElder.htm

Here is the Elder Titan, an epic level 70 HD giant. Pretty rad monster, doubt I'll ever have a real need for it in play.

Daverin
2011-09-27, 03:37 PM
I actually see where you are coming from; if you name almost any giant, it will technically be surpassed by the Titan. So why is the owner and proprietor of the forum of lesser stature than regular posters? :smalltongue:

So yeah, pretty cool piece of homebrew.

I don't know the specifics, but his weapon should be a blunt weapon called the Banhammer Alpha. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 06:32 PM
i'm back and added your suggestions :smallsmile:

jiriku
2011-09-27, 08:15 PM
The Giant should have Double Standard treasure. Because... because, y'know, he's Rich.

Hangs head in shame at terrible pun.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 08:23 PM
I came to the same conclusion about my 4/5 grade teacher by the same name. I later came to realize how bad a 1st year elemetery school teachers wages were.

Debihuman
2011-09-27, 08:55 PM
Here is some updates to the Playground Giant (I added some game mechanics, fixed typos, and updated to 3.5). The CR is probably lower than 32. I also took the liberty of changing it to 30 and also changed Alignment to Always Lawful Neutral. The environment should be the The Playground, a demiplane created by the Playground Giant for his own and other's amusement.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant
Attack: Banhammer Alpha +44/+39/+34/+29 melee (2d8+23) or rock +27 ranged (4d6+17)
Full Attack: Banhammer Alpha +44/+39/+34/+29 melee (2d8+23) or rock +27 ranged (4d6+17)
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +12, Will +14
Abilities: Str 45, Dex 13, Con 40, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Craft (Comic Books) +42, Knowledge (Game Loopholes) +42, Knowledge (Game Plot Line) +42, Knowledge (Internet) +42, Perform (Role-playing) +45, Profession (Writer) +41
Feats: Power attack, improved initiative, cleave, great cleave, sunder, improved bull rush, large and in charge, combat reflexes, leadership, epic leadership, epic reputation
Challenge Rating: 30

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints.

Giant Footprints (Ex): The playground giant leaves 15-foot indentations in the ground whenever he walks. This lowers the DC to track a giant by 5. To anyone 3 or more size categories smaller than the giant, these footprints are treated as difficult terrain.

Giant Leadership (Ex): Any playground giant's followers that are giants count as 3 levels lower for determining their level as his followers. This reduction only reduces the ECL of being a giant. In addition, the giant gains a +10 circumstance bonus to his leadership score.

Metagaming (Su): The playground giant understands everything that happens in his playground. He knows the surface thoughts of the mind of any creature in the area that fails a Will save (DC 30). The save is charisma-based. He is also unaffected by any mind-affecting effects in his playground.

Rock Throwing (Ex): The playground giant can hurl rocks of 100 to 120 pounds (Large objects) up to five range increments. The range increment is 240 feet for the playground giant’s thrown rocks

Rock Catching (Ex): The playground giant can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, a giant that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, and 25 for a Large one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The giant must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the giant may announce that his banhammer is active and everyone in a 100-foot radius gains 1 negative level. There is no save.

Debby

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 09:02 PM
good work. I am still thinking about the CR the metagaming ability is hard to value, especially the way I had it worded before. I will default to your judgement for now.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-09-27, 09:44 PM
The Giant should have Double Standard treasure. Because... because, y'know, he's Rich.

With a capital R!

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-27, 10:31 PM
I discovered that Rich has a thread at the top of the homebrew forum at the bottom of which are some monsters previously on the forum. I bet if we get a few more ideas and then edit some more I could submit it to him and see what he thinks. Our creation could be immortalized in 1’s and 0’s.

Here is an editing of the editing by Debihuman I chaged the banhammer and added more information about the plane "the playground" in to the discription.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +12, Will +14
Abilities: Str 45, Dex 13, Con 40, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 16
Skills: Craft (Comic Books) +42, Knowledge (Game Loopholes) +42, Knowledge (Game Plot Line) +42, Knowledge (Internet) +42, Perform (Role-playing) +45, Profession (Writer) +41

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had.

Giant Footprints (Ex): The playground giant leaves deep indentations in the ground whenever he walks. This lowers the DC to track a giant by 5. To anyone 3 or more size categories smaller than the giant, these footprints are treated as difficult terrain.

Metagaming (Su): The playground giant understands everything that happens in his playground. He knows the surface thoughts of the mind of any creature in the area that fails a Will save (DC 30). The save is charisma-based. He is also unaffected by any mind-affecting effects in his playground.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save.

Ashtagon
2011-09-28, 02:01 AM
My understanding of "giant" in this context was that it was referring to an intellectual giant, not a physical giant. It's referring to a time on another forum when he felt he was a giant among intellectual dwarfs, and uses simile to recall the quote standing on the shoulders of giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants). As such, it may not necessarily even need to be a giant type creature.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-28, 02:51 AM
Interesting, I still think I will keep the creature a giant because of the increasing pysical power of the creatures of the ranking system. I do agree that the playground giant should be smart too so I have edited this new version and given it higher mental stats. Also note that the giant has 3 knowlage skills, all other skills are based on mental ability scores, and with the meta gaming ability the giant can gather knowlage from the collective minds of the playground.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant
Skills: Craft (Comic Books) +42, Knowledge (Game Loopholes) +42, Knowledge (Game Plot Line) +42, Knowledge (Internet) +42, Perform (Role-playing) +46, Profession (Writer) +43

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had.

Metagaming (Su): The playground giant understands everything that happens in his playground. He knows the surface thoughts of the mind of any creature in the area that fails a Will save (DC 31). The save is charisma-based. He is also unaffected by any mind-affecting effects in his playground.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save.

Debihuman
2011-09-28, 09:31 AM
Your Banhammer Alpha needs a little editing and I think that dying from getting negative levels from the banhammer should result in true death.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his banhammer is active during the duration of this effect. Any target that breaks the rules of the playground within a 1-mile radius of the giant is instantly detected by him. Detected targets in 100-ft radius of the playground giant gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Repeated infractions result in the gain of additional negative levels. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

Let me know what you think.

Debby

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-09-28, 10:32 AM
Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his banhammer is active during the duration of this effect. Any target that breaks the rules of the playground within a 1-mile radius of the giant is instantly detected by him. Detected targets in 100-ft radius of the playground giant gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Repeated infractions result in the gain of additional negative levels. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

Probably a bit overpowered against Trolls or anything with the [fire] subtype, just 'cause of all the trolling and flaming that will inevitably occur in such an encounter. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-28, 11:34 AM
There I added the suggestions to make the Banhammer Alpha more deadly to trolls and flamers, as well as killing those who die from the level drain permanently. I also increased his CR by 1 because of the resent additions we have made. If you have any questions, ideas, comments, or concerns let me know.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant alows trolls to be his followers but not trolling trolls. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning troll bane warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. When the wielder of the Banhammer is successful in an attack made to sunder a weapon with the flaming enhancement on it the weapon the hardness is ignored. Similarly any creature that does fire damage with a natural attack has there DR ignored. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his Banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

Gamblerjoe
2011-10-27, 05:58 AM

Boosh! Nailed it!

If I were to base it on Rich Berlew, I would say that he is an Eldrich Giant with lot of levels of... something. Loremaster maybe? On account of the high intelligence.

DracoDei
2011-10-27, 11:47 AM
In edition the giant gets a +10 to his leadership score.

Should be "in addition".

Dr.Orpheus
2011-10-27, 03:30 PM
Should be "in addition".
Fixed.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant alows trolls to be his followers but not trolling trolls. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning troll bane warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. When the wielder of the Banhammer is successful in an attack made to sunder a weapon with the flaming enhancement on it the weapon the hardness is ignored. Similarly any creature that does fire damage with a natural attack has there DR ignored. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his Banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-27, 08:53 PM
What, no immunity to fire damage?

He should have this

Admin(ex): Whenever a creature is dealt fire damage, the Gaint gets a free Attack of Oppurtunity with the Alpha Banhammer against the creature who dealt the damage. He also gets the free Attack of Oppourtunity against anybody who uses an effect with the [fire] descriptor. This only applies when in the Playground demiplane

The Underlord
2011-10-27, 08:57 PM
Maybe a lock thread ability thats stop conversation. Ooooh I know.
Lock thread(Sp)
The Giant can use the silence spell as a spell-like ability at-will when he is in his playground.

Zagaroth
2011-10-27, 10:46 PM
Boosh! Nailed it!

If I were to base it on Rich Berlew, I would say that he is an Eldrich Giant with lot of levels of... something. Loremaster maybe? On account of the high intelligence.

Actually, Rich himself already created a Prestige Class called "Giant in the Playground."

Required the giant type, and a good alignment.

Said giant got to become a kid's invisible 'imaginary' friend (not a kid you want to pick on...)

Debihuman
2011-10-28, 12:54 AM
Actually, Rich himself already created a Prestige Class called "Giant in the Playground."

Required the giant type, and a good alignment.

Said giant got to become a kid's invisible 'imaginary' friend (not a kid you want to pick on...)

He did? Which book is it in? I'd love to see it.

Debby

Dr.Orpheus
2011-10-28, 05:34 AM
He should have this

Admin(ex): Whenever a creature is dealt fire damage, the Gaint gets a free Attack of Oppurtunity with the Alpha Banhammer against the creature who dealt the damage. He also gets the free Attack of Oppourtunity against anybody who uses an effect with the [fire] descriptor. This only applies when in the Playground demiplane

I think If Admin was an ability it would be a combination of that and a few of his existing abilities, plus it is kind of weird for a racial ability to effect the wielding of a certain artifact weapon in a particular situation.

Lock thread(Sp)
The Giant can use the silence spell as a spell-like ability at-will when he is in his playground.

Thats cool, but I will put the ability on the Banhammer with the other forum ruling powers.

That gave me a cool idea. I added something new to the creatures description.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant

The playground giant, leader of the playground is experienced in all the diverse types of gaming. He is a powerful and wise opponent making good use of his legal metagaming knowledge to prepare for battle and knowing when to activate the Banhammer as well as setting up footprints all over the place. The playground giant’s followers are normally titans and other giants to avoid having his followers tripping in his footprints. The playground giant alows trolls to be his followers but not trolling trolls. The playground giant lives with his followers in "The Playground" a plane in which the giant and his followers discuss the workings of RPG’s, tell stories about campaigns settings they have been in and the advetures they had. Every 80 trillion years a playground giant will die of old age, unlike traditional giant the playground giant grants the power to become a giant to a lesser giant with levels in the Giant in the Playground prestige class. Before the leader of the playgrounds passes off he decides to bestow the Banhammer Alpha to a new leader. The old and inactive threads are purged as part of a celebration and a new era begins.

New Equipment

Banhammer Alpha is a Gargantuan +5 throwing returning troll bane warhammer of distance that allows the wielder to cast banishment as the spell cast by a 30th level sorcerer at will. The wielder may also cast silence cast buy a 30th level sorcerer at will, with one exception instead of targeting an area the spell targets a topic of conversation witch is now called locked. When the wielder of the Banhammer is successful on an attack made to sunder a weapon with the flaming enhancement on it the weapon the hardness is ignored. Similarly any creature that does fire damage with a natural attack has there DR ignored. The wielder may also disrupt conversation that occurs in the playground. As a free action, the wielder may announce that his Banhammer is active during the duration of this effect any target that brakes the rules of the playground in a 1-mile radius is instantly detected by the giant any of the detected tagets in 100-ft gain 1 negative level. There is no save. Any creature killed by gaining negative levels in this manner may not be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected. It suffers a true death.

Zagaroth
2011-10-28, 07:28 AM
He did? Which book is it in? I'd love to see it.

Debby

Unfortunately, it was never published in any book, and it seems my google-fu is weak for I can not find it. Though perhaps he has a copy tucked away some where.

There was a competition over on the old wizard's boards, where in one needed to create a prestige class using your name as some part of the PrC's name, and fitting the concept.

So he Created a PrC called "Giant in the Playground" naturally :) But if you want to see it, I think you are going to possibly have to ask Rich himself, unless some one's Google-fu (or at least patience to scroll through the entries...) is stronger than mine

enderlord99
2011-10-29, 02:13 PM
My understanding of "giant" in this context was that it was referring to an intellectual giant, not a physical giant. It's referring to a time on another forum when he felt he was a giant among intellectual dwarfs, and uses simile to recall the quote standing on the shoulders of giants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants). As such, it may not necessarily even need to be a giant type creature.

I think it should be both Giant type and Psionic subtype.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-10-29, 04:39 PM
I think it should be both Giant type and Psionic subtype.

Done.

Playground Giant
Gargantuan Giant (Psionic)

New Equipment