PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at a Bloodline: It involves ninjas [PEACH?]

Morph Bark
2011-09-28, 03:10 PM
Some of you may know me for my video game races (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173599). Let it now be known that I also do something fluff-wise similar to races (but mechanically widely different) derived from the media of manga and anime!

First time attempting to do a Bloodline, so... be gentle? :smallredface:

Uchiha

{table=head] Level |
Minor |
Intermediate |
Major

1 | | | Ki, Spot +2
2 | | Ki, Spot +2 | Defensive precognition 1/day (Ps)
3 | | | Charisma +1
4 | Ki, Spot +2 | Defensive precognition 1/day (Ps) | Flaming sphere or mirror image 1/day (Sp)
5 | | | Ninja Affinity +2
6 | | Charisma +1 | Fireball or major image 1/day (Sp)
7 | | | Autohypnosis +2
8 | Defensive precognition 1/day (Ps) | Flaming sphere or mirror image 1/day (Sp) | Hands of Fire and Lightning (Su)
9 | | | Dexterity +1
10 | | Ninja Affinity +2 | Nightmare or shadow evocation 1/day (Sp)
11 | | | Ninja Affinity +4
12 | Charisma +1 | Fireball or major image 1/day (Sp) | Black Starfire (Su)
13 | | | Hide +2
14 | | Autohypnosis +2 | Eye of the Moon (Sp)
15 | | | Constitution +1
16 | Flaming sphere or mirror image 1/day (Sp) | Hands of Fire and Lightning (Su) | Greater shadow evocation 1/day (Sp)
17 | | | Ninja Affinity +6
18 | | Dexterity +1 | Manifestation of Susano’o (Su)
19 | | | Search +2
20 | Ninja Affinity +2 | Nightmare or shadow evocation 1/day (Sp) | He Who Invites Reality Rewrites (Su)[/table]

Ki: If you have a ki pool, it increases by 2 for every Bloodline level you have already taken. If you do not have a ki pool, but do have a power point pool, you may instead add double this amount to your power point pool.

Defensive Precognition (Ps): The insight bonus from this psi-like ability increases by 1 for every 6 levels you have beyond the level you gain the ability at.

Hands of Fire and Lightning (Su): Your Uchiha Bloodline spell-like abilities are automatically Empowered or Extended (choose one when using a spell-like ability). You may also choose to deal electricity damage with them instead of fire damage.

(Greater) Shadow Evocation (Sp): You may not deal any type of energy damage other than electricity or fire damage with these Uchiha Bloodline spell-like abilities.

Black Starfire (Su): Once per day you may use one of your Uchiha Bloodline spell-like abilities that deals fire damage even if you have already used it for that day. That spell-like ability's deals damage as normal but also deals 2 points of Constitution damage (no save). Creatures who take damage from the spell-like ability catch on fire. This fire does not deal fire damage while it continues to burn. Instead, it causes 1 point of Constitution damage each round it continues to burn (Fortitude save negates, DC 10 + half Uchiha's HD + Uchiha's Constitution modifier). The fire continues to burn until the target makes their Fortitude save three times in a row or spends two full-round actions trying to put the fire out. If the spell-like ability was not used yet that day, this ability does not consume that daily use. Using this ability causes you to become fatigued until the end of the encounter (or exhausted if you were already fatigued).

Eye of the Moon* (Sp): Once per day, you may use your Eye of the Moon ability. This ability targets one creature within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level and is a mind-affecting illusion effect. The creature must succeed on a Will save to disbelief, and a Fortitude save to escape the effects if he fails his Will save. If the target fails both saves, you may apply any number of the following conditions to the target: ability damage (to any ability score, any amount, though never enough to get a creature's ability score below 1), blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, exhausted, fatigued, nauseated, sickened and stunned. You may also deal up to 10 points of damage per level to the target.

If a subject’s Fortitude save succeeds, it still takes 6d6 points of damage and becomes fatigued. Using this ability causes you to become fatigued until the end of the encounter (or exhausted if you were already fatigued).

Manifestation of Susano’o (Su): The ethereal shape of Susano’o appears around you as an aura stretching out 10 ft from you. All other creatures in this area are pushed away from you to make room for Susano’o. You gain Damage Reduction 10/- and immunity to all energy types while Susano’o lasts. You must make a Fortitude save DC 15 the round after you use this ability or become fatigued (or exhausted if you were already fatigued). If you succeed on the save, you must make the save again on the next round, but with the DC increased by +2. You must continue to make the save until you are exhausted or deactivate the ability as a standard action. If you become exhausted the ability automatically deactivates. You cannot use this ability while exhausted.

He Who Invites Reality Rewrites (Su): To use this ability, you must have at least one working eye, which must be your own original eye and not a graft. When you activate this ability, it remains active for 1 minute. Every round, as an immediate action, you may decide to completely negate the effects of a spell, power, attack or effect that affects you or an ally within 30 ft. At the end of the minute, the eye that allowed you to use this ability goes blind. If you have more than one eye that makes you eligible to use this ability, choose one eye to go blind.

At the end of the minute, when the eye goes blind, you may use a free action to keep the ability going if you still have eligible eyes left. The ability lasts for a maximum amount of time up to 1 minute per eligible eye.

*The reasoning behind this ability is that it is based off phantasmal killer, but that even all those conditions together aren't as bad as death. Plus, heal can remedy it all at once.

gkathellar
2011-09-28, 03:19 PM
Looks good, and reasonably faithful to the source material. Of course, it only really covers the Uchiha fire jutsus and the Mangekyou stuff* — maybe some kind of limited use attack negation to cover the superior prediction aspect of the eyes?

*I notice you can't actually summon god, but that may be for the best.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-28, 03:28 PM
HAAAAAAAAXXXXXXX!!1

NERF!

Ahem.

Seems... Kinda lackluster.

I'd suggest changing the final ability boost to Con- the Uchiha are not known for being paragons of wisdom, after all.

Morph Bark
2011-09-28, 05:10 PM
Looks good, and reasonably faithful to the source material. Of course, it only really covers the Uchiha fire jutsus and the Mangekyou stuff* — maybe some kind of limited use attack negation to cover the superior prediction aspect of the eyes?

*I notice you can't actually summon god, but that may be for the best.

Hmm, maybe I should put an insight bonus to AC in there somewhere? That's how defensive precognition does it, or however that Psychic Warrior power is called.

Also, pre-Mangekyou the Uchiha still are mostly fire and illusions, hence why I put in that they can use an illusion or a fire evocation 1/day both using the same use, so they'd have to choose.

What do you mean with the "summon god" one though?

Seems... Kinda lackluster.

I'd suggest changing the final ability boost to Con- the Uchiha are not known for being paragons of wisdom, after all.

I picked Wisdom primarily for it being a typical Ninja stat really, but that's true alright. Plus it's only +1. :smalltongue:

What would you suggest to make it less lackluster? Personally I'm not too fond of the Burning hands or silent image 1/day (Sp) at level 2, and both flaming sphere and nightmare could be replaced with something else.

The-Mage-King
2011-09-28, 05:17 PM
+1 would change any one of their wisdom modifiers from -2 to -1. But yeah.

[QUOTE]What would you suggest to make it less lackluster? Personally I'm not too fond of the Burning hands or silent image 1/day (Sp) at level 2, and both flaming sphere and nightmare could be replaced with something else.

Oh, I think it's pretty good, but... It just doesn't... Feel that right to me. You know?

Maybe swap that choice at 2nd level for Defensive Precognition (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/precognitionDefensive.htm) 1/day as a Psi-Like ability?

Morph Bark
2011-09-28, 05:27 PM
Oh, I think it's pretty good, but... It just doesn't... Feel that right to me. You know?

Not ninja-y enough and too castery?

Maybe swap that choice at 2nd level for Defensive Precognition (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/precognitionDefensive.htm) 1/day as a Psi-Like ability?

Already done. :smallwink:

Y'know, right now you're making me think I should simply have all ninja clan bloodlines gain ki/power points and have their abilities be powered by that. But I dunno how it's done with other bloodlines and fear that doing so might make it too much like a part of a class or something.

gkathellar
2011-09-28, 06:20 PM
Not ninja-y enough and too castery?

Most Naruto ninjas are casters, though.

What do you mean with the "summon god" one though?

Um ... it's been a while since I read Naruto, but ... couldn't Itachi basically summon god? And deck him out with an unstoppable sword and an invincible shield? I may not be remembering this right.

Morph Bark
2011-09-29, 04:11 AM
Um ... it's been a while since I read Naruto, but ... couldn't Itachi basically summon god? And deck him out with an unstoppable sword and an invincible shield? I may not be remembering this right.

Itachi could summon Susano'o, which Sasuke eventually also became capable of. Itachi's was special though, in the sense that his had a special soul-sealing sword and an invincible shield. Sasuke's was a "normal" Susano'o and didn't have that, making it so that his shield could be broken with enough force.

I don't recall Sasuke's using its sword ever either... maybe when he fought Danzo, but my memory is too vague on that.

Pyromancer999
2011-09-30, 09:03 AM
Hmmm....looks good, although if you don't have a Ki or Power Point pool, you're not getting the most out of this bloodline.

Morph Bark
2011-09-30, 09:29 AM
Hmmm....looks good, although if you don't have a Ki or Power Point pool, you're not getting the most out of this bloodline.

Yeah, right now I got some ideas on revamping it and how to do the other ones I have in mind. Since I started with a Naruto bloodline, I might as well make more of 'em, eh?

Pyromancer999
2011-09-30, 09:53 AM
Yeah, right now I got some ideas on revamping it and how to do the other ones I have in mind. Since I started with a Naruto bloodline, I might as well make more of 'em, eh?

Jinchuuriki bloodline!...although it would sort of clash a little with the Harrowed bloodline.

Morph Bark
2011-09-30, 10:10 AM
Jinchuuriki bloodline!...although it would sort of clash a little with the Harrowed bloodline.

Now that I think about it, I have a different idea for the Jinchuuriki... :smallwink:

NineThePuma
2011-09-30, 07:37 PM
I'm imagining a beholder with this bloodline.

It's pretty amusing.