PDA

View Full Version : I've been bitten by a moon snake...

Kato
2011-09-29, 05:58 PM
So... it's new season time and even though a little late... here's a thread for the second to last (I hope, really) season of How I Met You Mother.
I won't say the season started poorly because I had my fair share of laughs but still... some things bug me after three episodes...

1) it's still not over :smallannoyed: I like the show but... but... argh.
2) Are they really going to dig up all the old chicks? Or was she just there to restart the whole Robin thing? I'd not be happy about either of the two options... :smallannoyed:
3) They clearly cheated on Barney! :smallfurious: And we didn't get to see.... Okay, I'll stop here. But still... Teasers!
4) Also, Marshall's problems with alcohol tend to be played a bit heavy for the lulz... meh.

But yeah, the first three episodes were good enough, and I'm still looking forward to the season. Barney's new look might be interesting.

Eakin
2011-09-29, 07:15 PM
Put me in the camp that wishes they would just introduce the mother already. They don't have to end the show but stop ******* us around.

I watched the first three episodes. Didn't think they were that good.

And of course Barney is actually marrying Robin and not the other chick. Do the writers actually think they have made that suspenseful at all?

I didn't think they're trying to make Marshall an alcoholic. Each time he's gotten smashed there have been in-episode reasons (contrived reasons, sure, but not just "I can't control my urge to drink"

BiblioRook
2011-09-29, 07:43 PM
I had a laugh how Older Ted basically started the first episode out by pointing out how he wasn't even close to being towards the end of his story. His poor kids. :smalltongue:

I don't know, I'm still enjoying it well enough. For some reason (while I do agree it it probably should start wrapping things up) I don't seem to be feeling the strain of the show as it stretches on.

VanBuren
2011-09-30, 11:49 AM
It only has two seasons left--including this one, I think--so there are definitely plans to start wrapping things up.

Eakin
2011-09-30, 01:45 PM
It only has two seasons left--including this one, I think--so there are definitely plans to start wrapping things up.

Is that actually confirmed? Or could they get renewed again?

Also I see a lot of complaints in other places that Barney's schtick has worn out it's welcome and character is just gross and skeevy now. I personally thing it still works, if only because of NPH's considerable charm. What do you guys think?

VanBuren
2011-09-30, 03:52 PM

Also I see a lot of complaints in other places that Barney's schtick has worn out it's welcome and character is just gross and skeevy now. I personally thing it still works, if only because of NPH's considerable charm. What do you guys think?

Technically, the announcement was that they had been renewed for two additional seasons, for a total of eight. That doesn't mean it can't be renewed, but I think they're planning to avoid that.

Kato
2011-09-30, 04:37 PM

Yeah, I guess/hope the chances for even more season are rather low... though I actually wouldn't mind if they made a season with the mother in it... but another searching for her... ugh....

I still like Barney. I think a lot of it because of NPH but in general... he has that one character trait but to my they still keep it interesting. But I'm easy to please, I guess.

Eakin
2011-09-30, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I guess/hope the chances for even more season are rather low... though I actually wouldn't mind if they made a season with the mother in it... but another searching for her... ugh....

I still like Barney. I think a lot of it because of NPH but in general... he has that one character trait but to my they still keep it interesting. But I'm easy to please, I guess.

As long as it's bringing in viewers the network will want to keep at it. It's been a pretty reliable performer ratings wise, see this chart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Himym_viewers.png) from Wikipedia.

Kato
2011-10-04, 09:51 AM
As long as it's bringing in viewers the network will want to keep at it. It's been a pretty reliable performer ratings wise, see this chart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Himym_viewers.png) from Wikipedia.

Hm... okay. But there is quite a drop recently...

Anyway... what do I take from the latest episode what I should have taken from the first episode already? Chicks in New York are DUMB. (No offense to any female from new York, I'm only talking about girls in a fictional world of HIMYM, not you. My apologies.)

BiblioRook
2011-10-04, 02:56 PM
Hm... okay. But there is quite a drop recently...

Anyway... what do I take from the latest episode what I should have taken from the first episode already? Chicks in New York are DUMB. (No offense to any female from new York, I'm only talking about girls in a fictional world of HIMYM, not you. My apologies.)

From what Wikipedia has to say on the current season, viewings seem to be pretty consistently above 10M so far.

Also with this latest episode I can definitely see how Nora isn't who Barney ends up marrying (things are going 'way too well')

Kato
2011-10-04, 04:32 PM
Also with this latest episode I can definitely see how Nora isn't who Barney ends up marrying (things are going 'way too well')

As if the chance of that happening ever scratched the 10% mark... would Nora want to talk to Ted on her wedding day?
Only way it is happening is if they are intentionally trolling the viewers.

BiblioRook
2011-10-04, 06:48 PM
Well I was kinda going for it alittle bit if only in the hopes the series was 'winding down' and I didn't want any more loose ends to pop up.

Talking about loose ends, one way of seeing how close the show is to finishing up is checking off on all the flash-forwards the show is known for.
My memory is none to good with random TV trivia details so by all means chime in on things I will miss.

Off the top of my head there is:
-Barney making fun of Lily's pregnancy bulge
-Barney saving Lily's life (probably same episode)
-Barney getting married
-Ted meeting his future wife at a wedding (probably Barney's)

Kato
2011-11-04, 12:01 PM
not much going on... is one month thread necromancy already? (the show IS still going on)

Anyway, loose end love interest number two done. I guess even if you get along well if you don't get along physically your relationship is doooooooomed.

Last weeks episode was REALLY weird what with the old guys almost making out... :smalleek:

Eakin
2011-11-04, 08:37 PM
not much going on... is one month thread necromancy already? (the show IS still going on)

Anyway, loose end love interest number two done. I guess even if you get along well if you don't get along physically your relationship is doooooooomed.

Last weeks episode was REALLY weird what with the old guys almost making out... :smalleek:

I just caught up, had forgotten the show was on so there was a three episode backlog.

It's just... really... kinda "meh" now, not loving much from this season, but there hasn't been anything actively horrible.

Was there really a huge segment of the fan base demanding further resolution to the "slutty pumpkin" subplot?

Kato
2011-11-05, 06:24 AM
Was there really a huge segment of the fan base demanding further resolution to the "slutty pumpkin" subplot?

I don't know... I have the feeling they are wrapping up all of Ted's kind of open former relationships before finally introducing The Mother... (Hey, I just came up with a new trope name for He Who Must Not BE Seen :smalltongue:

Kato
2011-11-15, 04:35 PM
I don't like double posting but since we dropped to page two already...
Someone else as disappointed by recent events? Okay, so, the cheating was almost inevitable but the resolve was... wow... how poor is that? Is not-Kuttner using his evil therapist powers to manipulate Robin? Does he really think he shouldn't know what was going on to properly judge the situation? I don't know... it's not that I wish for them to get back together (though I still think it's inevitable) but that was a really poor resolution... and I wonder what kind of 'sandwich' Ted and Marshall had... or maybe they really aren't used to it anymore.