PDA

View Full Version : Monk & Ninja feats [PEACH]

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-29, 11:31 PM
hey I made an oriental campain with some cool new rules were monks and ninjas got to choose feats from the list inside the following spoiler I got some of the ideas from pathfinder but i made the rest up

Feats of ki These feats involve strange connections between the mind, body, and soul and cannot be taken unless you have are trained you may take a feat from this list but not gain the benefits until you meet and train with a master of the feat

Ki punch You throw a good punch
Prerequisite 12 str, improved unarmed strike
Benefit Your body can penetrate DR when used as a weapon it may count as a slashing or piercing attack after 2 levels it may count as silver after 4 levels it may count as if it were made of another material after 6 levels it may count as magic after 8 levels it may count as your attack was alignment based after 10 levels it may count as +1 after 12 levels it may count as +2 after 14 levels it may count as +3 after 16 levels it may count as +4 after 18 levels it may count as +5 your natural attacks only count as this type for overcoming DR your attacks may only create the effects of only one of the listed types every time a new type becomes available you may choose to gain the newer ability or keep the old

Ki combo Your punch is not a punch but an extension of your souls aggression guided by your physical form which is instructed by your mind which is powered by your soul
Prerequisite 14 str, ki strike
Benefit You may gain a second type of DR you can breach with ki strike every 8 levels you gain another you must have unlocked these types before and given them up

Ki chop Your punch is a cinder block smashing champ
Prerequisite 16 str, ki combo
Benefit You may spend a full round action to attack a signal target for massive damage by adding your lowest physical ability score modifier after 5 levels you may multiply this modifier by 2 before adding it after 10 levels you may multiply the mod by 3 after 15 levels multiply by 4

One with the elements Your punch is not a punch but a mass of swirling energy
Prerequisite 12 cha, improved unarmed strike
Benefit Your body can penetrate resistances to bludgeoning damage when an attack from another energy type would deal more damage your attack becomes that type however positive and negative energy damage cannot be used till after 5 levels and you gain sonic damage after 10 levels and force after 15 levels you may not heal with positive or negative damage just hurt those of the opposing force your attacks may only create the effects of only one of the listed types of energy time a new type becomes available you may choose to gain the newer ability or keep the old

Elemental combo Your punch is not a punch but a mass of different energies
Prerequisite 14 cha, one with the elements
Benefit You may gain a second type of energy with which to attack every 9 levels you gain another you must have unlocked these types before and given them up

Elemental strike Your punch is not a punch but a mass of swirling energies
Prerequisite 16 cha, elemental combo
Benefit You may deal an additional 1 point of energy damage of one of your chosen energies with an unarmed strike after 2 levels you deal 1d2 instead after 4 levels you deal 1d3 after 6 levels you deal 1d4 after 8 levels you deal 1d5 after 10 levels you deal 1d6 after 13 levels you deal extra damage equal to your lowest physical ability score modifier you may not take this feat multiple time for different energy types but may restart this feat with a new energy type when a new one is gained

Pressure points Your punch is not a punch but a crippling prod
Prerequisite 12 int, improved unarmed strike
Benefit When you hit your foes with unarmed strikes you may choose to bestow a side affect on your foes but this must be decided to do this before your damage roll is made if you choose to do so and hit you cause the side effect but do minimum damage and the target gets a fort save DC (your lowest mental ability score mod + your level +10) first off you may stun the target for 1 round after 4 levels you can choose to make the target fatigued after 7 levels he can make the target sickened for 1 minute after 11 levels he can make the target staggered for 1d6+1 rounds after 15 levels he can permanently blind or deafen the target after 19 levels he can paralyze the target for 1d6+1 rounds the player ends the current condition they have bestow to put another one on the same foe but additional hits with the same pressure point do increase the duration

Pressure point combo Your punch is not a punch but a weak point seeking missile
Prerequisite 14 int, pressure points
Benefit You may put a second effect you know on your foe every 10 levels you bestow another malady but not the same one more than once

Quivering palm Your punch is not a punch but a light poke that holds even greater power
Prerequisite 16 int, pressure point combo
Benefit You may kill a foe with a signal unarmed attack first you must announce this then if you hit your foe makes a fort save DC (your lowest mental ability score mod + your level +10) if they fail they die you may not stack this with any other effects that go on your attack, this attack does no damage only a save vs. death and you may only use this attack once a day and after 10 levels once more per day

The secret grappling arts Your punch is not a punch but a grab
Prerequisite 12 wis, improved unarmed strike
Benefit You may gain a +1bonus to escape artist checks when grappling and 1 more every 4 levels

The mechanical advantage Your punch is not a punch but a grab and then a throw
Prerequisite 14 wis, the secret grappling arts
Benefit You may gain a +1bonus to grappling checks and 1 more every 4 levels

The leverage master Your punch is not a punch but a grab a breaking of your foes limbs and then a throw
Prerequisite 16 wis, the mechanical advantage
Benefit You may gain a +1bonus to damage dealt to a grappled foe with unarmed attacks and 1 more every 3 levels

Ninjaness Your punch is not a punch but a distraction as you apply poison to a dagger hidden behind your back with other hand
Prerequisite 12 dex, 1 rank in slight of hand, 1 rank in stealth, 1 rank in acrobatics
Benefit You may make a hide check to go unnoticed by foes who you are not attacking or doing anything obviously harmful to so long as they are distracted fighting your allies but this causes a -10 to the check after 3 levels you may attack a foe and make a similar hide check to go unnoticed by all of those you have not attacked but with a -15 penalty after 9 levels you may perform a snipping melee attack so long as you can end your turn behind cover or if you are not the only one threatening that opponent

Ninja speed Your punch is not a punch but a smaller ninja straped to your fist
Prerequisite 14 dex, ninjaness
Benefit You gain a +5ft bonus to your movement speed after 4 levels you may move through difficult terrain without penalty after 8 levels you may make a horizontal jump with a distance equal to your base land speed as a move action after 12 levels you gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed after 16 levels you may move across liquid without sinking in to it

The ninja master Your punch is not a punch but an illusion of a punch that feels real
Prerequisite 16 dex, ninja speed
Benefit You may perform a task taking a move action while moving such as drinking a potion but this action must not involve your legs or keep you from moving after 7 levels you may perform a standard action like an attack during a double move action or after 14 levels you may take a full round action like full attack when you run

Ki meditation You don’t punch
Prerequisite 12 con, 2 ranks in knowledge (any type)
Benefit You may fall asleep at any time as a free action after 6 levels you may take 20 on an untrained knowledge skill while asleep once per 8 hours of sleep after 12 levels you are aware of your surroundings when asleep after 16 levels you heal a number of hit points equal to your lowest mental ability score modifier per hour of meditation

Control metabolism You don’t punch you just sit and take hits
Prerequisite 14 con, meditation
Benefit You gain fast healing 1 but you may only heal a total number of hit points equal to your level times your lowest physical ability score mod per day after 10 levels you may take the best of 2 roll to save against poisons or diseases

Mind body and spirit JUST PUCH SOMEONE ALREDY!
Prerequisite 16 con, control metabolism
Benefit You may levitate as the spell for a number of rounds equal to your level times your lowest mental ability score mod per day this can only be done in a meditative position where you may not move your arms and legs out of a particular position or you fall after 12 levels you may take the best of 2 roll to save against spells

Pyromancer999
2011-09-29, 11:35 PM
Seems interesting, if a bit hard to read because of the poor grammar and spelling.

Still, it seems like you've taken the basic idea straight from this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198382)

Ashtagon
2011-09-30, 01:12 AM
What he said. Punctuation is your friend.

Also, ability score prerequisites for feats are conventionally odd numbers only in 3.x edition.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-09-30, 02:44 AM
Seems interesting, if a bit hard to read because of the poor grammar and spelling.

Still, it seems like you've taken the basic idea straight from this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198382)

cool feats you got there!
Sorry about the grammer and spelling my spellcheck does not work anywere exept on word, and I ran out of the free trial on my new laptop. I guess I will buy word soon and the problem will be fixed.

Andion Isurand
2011-10-01, 07:34 AM
Here are some of my 3.5e Ninja (and Monk) feats in progress.

Ninja Feat Brew Jutsu (http://andionisurand.blogspot.com/2011/10/ninja-feat-brew-jutsu.html)

I like both your feat ideas BTW and perhaps a collaboration could be arranged.

Steward
2011-10-02, 01:32 PM
cool feats you got there!
Sorry about the grammer and spelling my spellcheck does not work anywere exept on word, and I ran out of the free trial on my new laptop. I guess I will buy word soon and the problem will be fixed.

I think LibreOffice (a free program similar to Word) also comes with spellcheck.

Eldest
2011-10-02, 03:32 PM
GoogleDocs has it as well.