PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] The Dancing Fox Inn II: Title, Title, Who's Got The Title?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mee
2011-10-02, 06:14 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/KCK_015/DancingFoxInnSign1.jpg

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty and torn pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time its homey.

Current Staff:
Renn and Naku-Barkeeps and Managers
???-Barboy (Apply within)
??? -Barmaid
Colin Aldaro-Waiter
Strahd -Cook
??? -Bard
(If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)

NOW HIRING: A Waiter / Waitresses, Barboy.
If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Renn, or Naku, IC.
((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to Lerky, or Mee))

THE MENU:
Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
Wines*:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
Coffee - buzzzzz.
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode)
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.
Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste.
Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach
Cold Milk – For the kids
Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy.
Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness!

Beers, Ales & Such*:
Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good
Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!"
Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind
Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk
Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly

Fizzy Drinks: (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!)
Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that.
Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream.
Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim.
K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good.
Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella.
Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
Peanuts
Chips & Dip and salsa!
Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood
Cured Ham Steak
BBQ Hydra Heads
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Pork Chops
Mutton Chops
Golden Apple
Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
Fresh Bread
Fine Aged Cheddar
Fava Beans
Birdseed for all those avians out there.
Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
Muffins
Brownies
Milkshake
Cookies
Pie (Pick a flavor)

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:16 PM
Tobias and Orianna arrive here.

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:18 PM
Woooooo~ teleporting.

"Well . . . it's quiet."
Ori says, after standing back up.

What?
You mean you don't go into an instinctive combat crouch when teleporting into a new room?
Weirdo.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:21 PM
Not how it used to be. Though I'm fine with a nice, quiet evening out. He leads her to a table in the corner, sitting with his back to the room so she can take the more secure spot with the better view. Chivalry for paranoiacs.

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:22 PM
Not how it used to be. Though I'm fine with a nice, quiet evening out. He leads her to a table in the corner, sitting with his back to the room so she can take the more secure spot with the better view. Chivalry for paranoiacs.

"Why thank you."
Ori says, taking the seat.

"Well, it's been so long since you've taken me on a date, I forget.
What's next?"

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:24 PM
We order something to drink, peruse the menu, and make small talk. About work, our friends, each other, interesting patterns in the ceiling... um... Oh yeah, our kids too, I guess. He grins.

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:27 PM
We order something to drink, peruse the menu, and make small talk. About work, our friends, each other, interesting patterns in the ceiling... um... Oh yeah, our kids too, I guess. He grins.

"Ah yes. Drinks . . .
Well, if I remember the menu right, I just want some tea . . .

Soon as someone gets over here, anyway."

Only other person here would be a fairly frantic looking Naku behind the counter, trying to find a waiter to send over to that table, as she can't do it.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:32 PM
Tobias shrugs. He's patient enough to wait. What do you want to talk about?

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:35 PM
Tobias shrugs. He's patient enough to wait. What do you want to talk about?

"Umm . . .
How are the kids doing?"
She does obviously have something to talk about, but is apparently skirting around it for a bit.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:38 PM
Pretty well. Did you hear that Ari returned? Apparently she and Matt want to get back together and are taking it slow. Ari also met Kyne, and she's trying to help her be more social. I don't think Angela's done any real Lust Goddess things lately. From what I know, she's just hanging out with her girlfriend Sioda. Tobias smiles, recognizing that Ori has something to say, but doesn't push it.

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:41 PM
Pretty well. Did you hear that Ari returned? Apparently she and Matt want to get back together and are taking it slow. Ari also met Kyne, and she's trying to help her be more social. I don't think Angela's done any real Lust Goddess things lately. From what I know, she's just hanging out with her girlfriend Sioda. Tobias smiles, recognizing that Ori has something to say, but doesn't push it.

"Oh, Ari's back?"
Ori asks, raising an eyebrow.
"Well, I wish them the best.
And I wish her luck with Kyne."
She says, chuckling slightly.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:47 PM
Yeah... How's Civvy? I haven't seen her since I visited the Paladins' stronghold in Elpisopolis a few weeks ago.

Mee
2011-10-08, 02:53 PM
Yeah... How's Civvy? I haven't seen her since I visited the Paladins' stronghold in Elpisopolis a few weeks ago.

"She's pretty good. She's been . . . .
Around. . ."
And the way Ori says 'around'.
Something is very obviously up.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 02:55 PM
Tobias raises an eyebrow. Is everything all right?

Mee
2011-10-08, 03:03 PM
Tobias raises an eyebrow. Is everything all right?

"Everything's fine.
She just . . ."
Ori pauses, figuring out how to say it.
Then just goes ahead and says it.
"She overheard your conversation with Carrie last night, and decided that I should know."

FireFox
2011-10-08, 03:07 PM
Ah. Oh, Ori... He sighs, looking sad. I was going to tell you. I really was; you deserve to know. But... I just never found the right time. I'm sorry.

Mee
2011-10-08, 03:10 PM
Ah. Oh, Ori... He sighs, looking sad. I was going to tell you. I really was; you deserve to know. But... I just never found the right time. I'm sorry.

Ori just shakes her head.
"It's okay. Really, it is.
I . . . understand completely.

I just . . . wanted you to know that I know . . ."

FireFox
2011-10-08, 03:27 PM
Tobias reaches out over the table to hold her hand. Thanks, Ori...

Mee
2011-10-08, 03:29 PM
Tobias reaches out over the table to hold her hand. Thanks, Ori...

"Of course."
She says, her hand being taken.
Then she puts her other hand around his.
"I mean, if you really wanted, I could tell you all about the stories from when I was an assassin.

But . . . I'd rather not."
Ori admits, chuckling slightly.

FireFox
2011-10-08, 03:33 PM
You don't have to, hun. But anytime you want to talk, you know I won't--can't judge.

Mee
2011-10-08, 03:35 PM
You don't have to, hun. But anytime you want to talk, you know I won't--can't judge.

"I know. And I thank you for it.
I just . . . don't want to remember."
She says, shrugging slightly.

"But anyway,"
Change of subject!
"I seriously think I could go for some food . . ."

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-08, 03:40 PM
A wild waiter appears!

Well, actually, Strahd is a chef, not a waiter, but seeing as all the other employees of the inn have apparently fallen into deadtime, along with the owner, Strahd is pretty much having to run the place by himself.

"Hello, and welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. Can I get you two anything? The coffee ish particularly good today." He leaves out that the coffee is made from radioactive coffee beans. After all, it's only a little radioactive, and it's not like anyone's gotten sick or died. Yet.

Mee
2011-10-08, 03:43 PM
A wild waiter appears!

Well, actually, Strahd is a chef, not a waiter, but seeing as all the other employees of the inn have apparently fallen into deadtime, along with the owner, Strahd is pretty much having to run the place by himself.

"Hello, and welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. Can I get you two anything? The coffee ish particularly good today." He leaves out that the coffee is made from radioactive coffee beans. After all, it's not like a little radiation poisoning ever hurt anyone. Yet.

"Hmm-Oh! Hi."
Ori manages to blurt, after a moment of 'whaaa?'.
"Uhhh . . .
Sure.
Sure, coffee sounds . . . good.

Though if you have any tea . . ."

And no, he's not having to run it.
In case you didn't see on the last page of the last thread, Naku decided she was in charge, until Renn comes back.
So, unless you have any objections, she's the boss.

It was also fun how it happened, if you want to go check the last thread.

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-08, 03:59 PM
Oh. Huh. Didn't notice that.

Strahd's still probably having to do most of the work though, as somehow I doubt Naku is going to help bus tables, clean dishes, serve drinks, or do any of the millions of unpleasant or boring jobs that need to be done in a successful restaurant.:smalltongue:

Mee
2011-10-08, 04:02 PM
Oh. Huh. Didn't notice that.

Strahd's still probably having to do most of the work though, as somehow I doubt Naku is going to help bus tables, clean dishes, serve drinks, or do any of the millions of unpleasant or boring jobs that need to be done in a successful restaurant.:smalltongue:

:smalltongue:

Well, this is true.
But she will run the bar. So serving drinks, keeping it clean, and dealing with keeping the entire place stocked will be her job.
So he has his million little things, and she has hers.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 04:42 PM
Ceres arrives! His tread is heavy upon the planks as he enters, whistling a jaunty little shanty under his breath and generally looking like a salty old sailor who's been through too many storms. More importantly, he smells, sounds, and were someone to check, tastes and feels like a salty old sailor. If Naku is one of those "I can smell your blood from across the city and hear the unsteady beat of your heart." vampires, she'll be able to tell that he's a real person, without a doubt.

"Hey Naku, get me a pint of grog and a pancake. I'm feeling nostalgic."

Mee
2011-10-08, 04:52 PM
Ceres arrives! His tread is heavy upon the planks as he enters, whistling a jaunty little shanty under his breath and generally looking like a salty old sailor who's been through too many storms. More importantly, he smells, sounds, and were someone to check, tastes and feels like a salty old sailor. If Naku is one of those "I can smell your blood from across the city and hear the unsteady beat of your heart." vampires, she'll be able to tell that he's a real person, without a doubt.

"Hey Naku, get me a pint of grog and a pancake. I'm feeling nostalgic."

Only if their blood isn't all housed on the inside.
The heartbeat, though, that's spot on.

"Of course."
Says the Naku, rushing off to go get him a pint of grog.
"But you might have to wait on the pancake.
Don't think we have any left."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 05:05 PM
"Well if you can't get me a pancake, how about a job? I was going to ask Renn about doing some comedy here, but he permadeadtimed on us. When I saw through the link that you got the place back up and running I saw an oppurtunity." Ceres will quaff a good bit of the grog, before a rather disgusted look crosses his face.

"So that's why sailors would rather drink their own leavings than this garbage." Even still, he takes another drink, this one a bit more tentative. "Huh, kinda grows on you though..."

Mee
2011-10-08, 06:28 PM
"Well if you can't get me a pancake, how about a job? I was going to ask Renn about doing some comedy here, but he permadeadtimed on us. When I saw through the link that you got the place back up and running I saw an oppurtunity." Ceres will quaff a good bit of the grog, before a rather disgusted look crosses his face.

"So that's why sailors would rather drink their own leavings than this garbage." Even still, he takes another drink, this one a bit more tentative. "Huh, kinda grows on you though..."

"Sure. What do you wanna be?
I mean, could be anything but the cook, I think."
She passes on commenting on the grog.
She hasn't had any, and doesn't want any.

If you thought she was bad with blood, don't give her alcohol . . .

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 06:51 PM
Ashtrek is still waiting on that Rum and Coke.

Mee
2011-10-08, 06:53 PM
Ashtrek is still waiting on that Rum and Coke.

"Oh, m'sorry."
Naku says with the inn-keeper's intuition of someone waiting for something, and goes off to get it for him.
She gives it to him just a moment later.
"Enjoy."

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 06:59 PM
"Oh, m'sorry."
Naku says with the inn-keeper's intuition of someone waiting for something, and goes off to get it for him.
She gives it to him just a moment later.
"Enjoy."

(Her... Ashtrek is a Girl...)

"Thanks hun." The Wolfess smiles.
She takes out her purse and takes out a Rolex.
"It's a bit much, but it's all i have."

Mee
2011-10-08, 07:00 PM
(Her... Ashtrek is a Girl...)

"Thanks hun." The Wolfess smiles.
She takes out her purse and takes out a Rolex.
"It's a bit much, but it's all i have."

Oh, whoops. Sorry. xD

"Nah, don't worry about it.
Cokes are cheap.
But just for this once, m'kay?"

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 07:05 PM
"Sure. What do you wanna be?
I mean, could be anything but the cook, I think."
She passes on commenting on the grog.
She hasn't had any, and doesn't want any.

If you thought she was bad with blood, don't give her alcohol . . .

"I could pretty much do anything, but my real talent is in comedy. I was trying to spin myself as a bard to Renn, but you really don't want to hear me sing. But you look kind of short staffed, and I might have an inventive solution if you're willing to let me back in your head for a second."

Ceres finishes his drink, but doesn't seem any worse for the wear (except for the terrible taste in his mouth.) Cutting the rum with seawater tends to ruin most of the alcohol in the drink, so he's almost more sober than when he walked in the door.

Mee
2011-10-08, 07:06 PM
"I could pretty much do anything, but my real talent is in comedy. I was trying to spin myself as a bard to Renn, but you really don't want to hear me sing. But you look kind of short staffed, and I might have an inventive solution if you're willing to let me back in your head for a second."

Ceres finishes his drink, but doesn't seem any worse for the wear (except for the terrible taste in his mouth.) Cutting the rum with seawater tends to ruin most of the alcohol in the drink, so he's almost more sober than when he walked in the door.

"Hey, if you want to be a story-teller entertainer, sure.
You're hired.

Now, what was this solution?
Might not use it, but what is it?"
She asks, drying the inside of a mug with a clean rag.

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 07:16 PM
Oh, whoops. Sorry. xD

"Nah, don't worry about it.
Cokes are cheap.
But just for this once, m'kay?"

"Thanks." She nods.
"I hope to maybe get a job as a bar-maid. I have some experience and there's far to many female assassins for me to get that job..."

Mee
2011-10-08, 07:34 PM
"Thanks." She nods.
"I hope to maybe get a job as a bar-maid. I have some experience and there's far to many female assassins for me to get that job..."

"So,"
Naku says, rubbing her eyes.
"You're an assassin, wanting to be the barmaid.

Do you have any barmaid experience?"
Pretty standard questions.

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 07:39 PM
"So,"
Naku says, rubbing her eyes.
"You're an assassin, wanting to be the barmaid.

Do you have any barmaid experience?"
Pretty standard questions.

"Yeah. Worked at the 'Bloody Scottish Cyclops Tavern' Back in my universe. I've lived through an Oktoberfest or Two..." The Wolfess smiles. She's far more sociable than her mate.

Mee
2011-10-08, 07:41 PM
"Yeah. Worked at the 'Bloody Scottish Cyclops Tavern' Back in my universe. I've lived through an Oktoberfest or Two..." The Wolfess smiles. She's far more sociable than her mate.

"Uh huh.
Well so long as you remember that people are visiting here to get drinks, not stabbed, it'd be fine.
I'll at least give you a shot."
Naku says, running a hand through her hair.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 07:44 PM
"Hey, if you want to be a story-teller entertainer, sure.
You're hired.

Now, what was this solution?
Might not use it, but what is it?"
She asks, drying the inside of a mug with a clean rag.

"Well, I recently became a font of unimaginable power, even moreso than usual, and part of that is the ability to make reality confirm to what other people are thinking. So you think up some servers, and one twist of thought later there you are. Of course, there's no garuntee they'll have anything resembling a personality, but I'm still learning my limits."

((It would basically make npc serving staff. Ceres' new powers are pretty much l33t h4x, but he doesn't realize how powerful they are yet, so don't tell him that.))

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 07:51 PM
"Uh huh.
Well so long as you remember that people are visiting here to get drinks, not stabbed, it'd be fine.
I'll at least give you a shot."
Naku says, running a hand through her hair.

"Unlike my Husband, I use this Katana mainly for Self-Defense." She smirks. "Is there a Uniform, Or Is this Kinky Dominatrix Outfit Okay?"

Viera Champion
2011-10-08, 07:55 PM
Colin bursts into the inn.
Ah! Sorry I'm late!

Mee
2011-10-08, 07:57 PM
"Well, I recently became a font of unimaginable power, even moreso than usual, and part of that is the ability to make reality confirm to what other people are thinking. So you think up some servers, and one twist of thought later there you are. Of course, there's no garuntee they'll have anything resembling a personality, but I'm still learning my limits."

((It would basically make npc serving staff. Ceres' new powers are pretty much l33t h4x, but he doesn't realize how powerful they are yet, so don't tell him that.))

"Ummm. I'd like this to be run by actual people.
That'd be . . . too cheap.
Let's keep this an actual, honest establishment."

And then, turning back to Ashtrek,

"Unlike my Husband, I use this Katana mainly for Self-Defense." She smirks. "Is there a Uniform, Or Is this Kinky Dominatrix Outfit Okay?"

"There isn't a Uniform, however, there are children here.
So you will change out of that."
Naku says, smiling happily.

And to Colin: "Nah, you're fine."

FireFox
2011-10-08, 08:01 PM
"I know. And I thank you for it.
I just . . . don't want to remember."
She says, shrugging slightly.

"But anyway,"
Change of subject!
"I seriously think I could go for some food . . ."

A wild waiter appears!

"Hello, and welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn. Can I get you two anything? The coffee ish particularly good today." He leaves out that the coffee is made from radioactive coffee beans. After all, it's only a little radioactive, and it's not like anyone's gotten sick or died. Yet.

Ah, yes. I'd like a bottle of Chimera Cabernet and a steak, medium well. Tobias smiles at Strahd.

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=Mee;11993062]And then, turning back to Ashtrek,

"There isn't a Uniform, however, there are children here.
So you will change out of that."
Naku says, smiling happily.

Ashtrek nods, Strips down (Most of her body is covered in thick fur, Covering her naughty bits) and Changes into something you would see on a German Barmaid...
"Is this better?"

Mee
2011-10-08, 08:15 PM
Ashtrek nods, Strips down (Most of her body is covered in thick fur, Covering her naughty bits) and Changes into something you would see on a German Barmaid...
"Is this better?"

Naku sighs.
"No. No it's not.

Tell you what, I'll come up with a uniform, mkay?
For right now, however, jeans and a t-shirt."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 08:15 PM
"Ummm. I'd like this to be run by actual people.
That'd be . . . too cheap.
Let's keep this an actual, honest establishment."

"That's fair, looks like you have it covered with miss leatherhead and Colin, who I wasn't certain was coming back after the change in management. So stories huh? I can do stories. Not my usual bit, but I'll be sure to come up with something good for the kiddies."

Ceres then winks at her and attempts to slam his head into the counter. Hard. Unless she stops him, he'll probably end up killing himself again. Then, assuming his suicide is successful he's going to try something different.

((Dependant on him "dying."))
Instead of relying on his ability to raid someone elses mind for a form, he's going to try to tap another Fiske. It takes awhile to disassociate himself from the thoughtweft enough to be considered a seperate being, but when he does, he'll materialize another body, this time an old dwarf with whitish grey dredlocks and wrinkled leathery skin that hides his eyes behind its folds.

"Care to hear a tale of the Herrcylion Mountains wee lass?"

The corpse, of course, just kind of lays motionless as corpses are wont to do.

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 08:25 PM
Naku sighs.
"No. No it's not.

Tell you what, I'll come up with a uniform, mkay?
For right now, however, jeans and a t-shirt."

"Unless you happen to have a pair in my size, The Only Other Clothes i have are Low-cut Shorts and a Very tight Tanktop..." The Wolfess says.

Mee
2011-10-08, 08:29 PM
"Unless you happen to have a pair in my size, The Only Other Clothes i have are Low-cut Shorts and a Very tight Tanktop..." The Wolfess says.

"Check upstairs. Third door on the left has a full wardrobe in it.
It's all replacement jeans and t-shirts of varying sizes.
Go check."
Naku says, jerking a thumb upwards.

And Ceres just gets a nod, as Naku's player is busy. <_<

Slii Arhem
2011-10-08, 08:37 PM

Then there's a fresh corpse on the ground, and Ceres will set up shop at a table and begin giving off that "mysterious old questgiver/storyteller" vibe that all old men sitting alone in taverns tend to emit.

Chezmarine
2011-10-08, 08:41 PM
"Check upstairs. Third door on the left has a full wardrobe in it.
It's all replacement jeans and t-shirts of varying sizes.
Go check."
Naku says, jerking a thumb upwards.

Ashtrek smiles and heads of on a sidequest...

Mee
2011-10-08, 08:42 PM
Then there's a fresh corpse on the ground, and Ceres will set up shop at a table and begin giving off that "mysterious old questgiver/storyteller" vibe that all old men sitting alone in taverns tend to emit.

Ah, right. Corpse.
She'll have to get after him about that later. That's not a good thing to do.

Naku drags the body out into the place where dead NPCs go in the DFI.
I think there's a body-disposal unit in the alleyway. But I'm not sure.

Anyway, she does that while Ashtreck goes to change clothes.

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-08, 09:27 PM
"Will do shir." Strahd says, before scuttling away to the kitchen to see how many different ways he can turn a steak into an abomination against nature. A delicious abomination against nature.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 03:16 PM
Ashtrek Comes Downstairs, Dressed In a White T-Shirt And jeans.

"Is This Better?"

Mee
2011-10-09, 06:35 PM
Ashtrek Comes Downstairs, Dressed In a White T-Shirt And jeans.

"Is This Better?"

"Much, thank you."
Naku says, nodding.
"So, those NPCs over there want some drinks.
Get to it."
She says, pointing at a table of NPCs.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 06:38 PM
Ashtrek Nods and Hurries Over.

"Hello, May I Take Your Order?" The Wolfess Smiles.

Mee
2011-10-09, 06:43 PM
Ashtrek Nods and Hurries Over.

"Hello, May I Take Your Order?" The Wolfess Smiles.

"Yes, my good ma'am, I'd like a . . .
An Earl Grey Tea, please."
Says one of the elves towards the back.
The other NPCs chatter along their orders too.
The overall order is composed mostly of teas, a few wines, and some soda.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 06:56 PM
"Yes, my good ma'am, I'd like a . . .
An Earl Grey Tea, please."
Says one of the elves towards the back.
The other NPCs chatter along their orders too.
The overall order is composed mostly of teas, a few wines, and some soda.

The Wolfess Notes The Orders And Goes to The Kitchen To Get Them.

Having Large Paws And Muscular Arms, She's Able To Carry All The Orders With One Arm. Some Wine Sloshes Out of a Cup and she Hurries Back To The Kitchen To Refill it.

Mee
2011-10-09, 07:02 PM
The Wolfess Notes The Orders And Goes to The Kitchen To Get Them.

Having Large Paws And Muscular Arms, She's Able To Carry All The Orders With One Arm. Some Wine Sloshes Out of a Cup and she Hurries Back To The Kitchen To Refill it.

Well, the NPCs are all chattering.
The elf who I actually gave a voice to is apparently the leader of their little group, and they're talking about treasure hunting.

Quinsar
2011-10-09, 07:07 PM
The space man, Zork, is holding what appears to be a stray cat, he's holding it out in front of him and is examining it closely. The cat is growling quietly...

Slii Arhem
2011-10-09, 07:29 PM
The leathery dwarf will motion the spaceman over. He's smiling brightly, which only sinks his eyes further into the folds of his face.

Quinsar
2011-10-09, 07:32 PM
Zork, still holding the cat, steps towards the dwarf.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 07:39 PM
Well, the NPCs are all chattering.
The elf who I actually gave a voice to is apparently the leader of their little group, and they're talking about treasure hunting.

Ashtrek comes Back with Their Drinks.

"Here you are." She Smiles.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-09, 08:02 PM
Zork, still holding the cat, steps towards the dwarf.

The dwarf motions for Zork to sit down across from him, "So laddee, d'yeh be wantin' t'hear a tale that'll roll yer bones an' shatter what little grip ye have on the bounds O' yer sanity? Can I interest yeh in me words what be laden in adventure, riddled wit' intrigue, an' soaked in incorrect grammatical expression?"

The dwarf will try to get Ashtrek's attention, "Fer the price O' an ale an a few copper bits of yer time, ye'll have yerself a story yeh can swear to yer gran'bebbies happened to yeh durin' yer wild days O' youth."

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 08:05 PM
The dwarf motions for Zork to sit down across from him, "So laddee, d'yeh be wantin' t'here a tale that'll roll yer bones an' shatter what little grip ye have on the bounds O' yer sanity? Can I interest yeh in me words what be laden in adventure, riddled wit' intrigue, an' soaked in incorrect grammatical expression?"

The dwarf will try to get Ashtrek's attention, "Fer the price O' an ale an a few copper bits of yer time, ye'll have yerself a story yeh can swear to yer gran'bebbies happened to yeh durin' yer wild days O' youth."

"Unfortunatley, I Don't Plan On Having Grandchildren, With the War and All." The Wolfess Smirks.

"And I'm Completly Broke, Save for A Rolex and A Few Pre-1964 25 Credit Chips."

Mee
2011-10-09, 08:25 PM
Ashtrek comes Back with Their Drinks.

"Here you are." She Smiles.

"Thank you thank you."
Says the elf, tossing a few gold coins at Ashtrek.

Well, now she could pay for a story.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 08:28 PM
"Thank you thank you."
Says the elf, tossing a few gold coins at Ashtrek.

Well, now she could pay for a story.

"Thank You very Much."

Back in her Universe That could've Bought a Car.
That is, if Gasoline wasn't So Damn Expensive that People Had Practically Stopped Using It.

Mee
2011-10-09, 08:31 PM
"Thank You very Much."

Back in her Universe That could've Bought a Car.
That is, if Gasoline wasn't So Damn Expensive that People Had Practically Stopped Using It.

"Mhmmm. Thanks for the drinks."
He says, going back to his discussion of loot, and gold, and stuff.

Chezmarine
2011-10-09, 08:33 PM
The Wolfess Nods and Heads Back to The Kitchen.

Mee
2011-10-10, 02:12 PM
Well, Naku be un-deadtime'd.
Should anyone need her, ya know.

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 02:16 PM
"How did i do?"
Ashtrek asks Naku.
"Decent Enough?"

Mee
2011-10-10, 02:19 PM
"How did i do?"
Ashtrek asks Naku.
"Decent Enough?"

"Yup, that was great. Keep it up."
Naku says, giving her a thumbs-up.
"If you want to hang onto the coins they gave you, we'll count that as your first paycheck."

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 02:23 PM
"Thank you, Ma'am" The Wolfess smiles.
"So I'm a Decent barmaid?"

Mee
2011-10-10, 02:25 PM
"Thank you, Ma'am" The Wolfess smiles.
"So I'm a Decent barmaid?"

"So far. But you're also gonna need to be able to get the drinks when I'm not around, as well as take orders."
Naku points out, just in case Ashtrek didn't realize that.

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 02:27 PM
"Okay. You Get Many Adventurers in Here?" She asks.

Decent Question, Considering Taverns seem to Be Where adventures Start in Most RPGs.

Mee
2011-10-10, 02:32 PM
"Okay. You Get Many Adventurers in Here?" She asks.

Decent Question, Considering Taverns seem to Be Where adventures Start in Most RPGs.

"Dunno. Just took over the place. Haven't been here long."
But what she means, is yes.
Not many Adventurers, exactly, but PCs all the time, and they tend to be the adventurous sort.

Heck, that elf over there . . .

Viera Champion
2011-10-10, 03:32 PM
Colin hands drinks out to waiting NPCs.

Mee
2011-10-10, 03:36 PM
Colin hands drinks out to waiting NPCs.

"Oh . . .
thank you too."
Says the elf-in-charge, tossing Colin a gold coin too.

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 04:24 PM
Ashtrek smiles.

"I Will." She nods, walking around, swaying her hips.

Mee
2011-10-10, 04:27 PM
Ashtrek smiles.

"I Will." She nods, walking around, swaying her hips.

"You will?
You will what?"
Naku asks, a O.o expression on her face.
"And don't do that."

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 04:32 PM
"You will?
You will what?"
Naku asks, a O.o expression on her face.
"And don't do that."

"Take A Look Around..." She says.

"And That's How i Walk. I appologize if you find it offensive."

Mee
2011-10-10, 04:33 PM
"Take A Look Around..." She says.

"And That's How i Walk. I appologize if you find it offensive."

"Mmmkay. Feel free.

Yes, it is how you walk. Which is why you don't need to make sure everyone knows that's how you walk.
It causes more harm than good."
Naku chastises slightly, leaning against the bar.

Chezmarine
2011-10-10, 04:38 PM
"Mmmkay. Feel free.

Yes, it is how you walk. Which is why you don't need to make sure everyone knows that's how you walk.
It causes more harm than good."
Naku chastises slightly, leaning against the bar.

"I See no Problem with it." She states.
Then Again, She is a VERY Seductive Wolf.

Mee
2011-10-10, 04:39 PM
"I See no Problem with it." She states.
Then Again, She is a VERY Seductive Wolf.

"Exactly. And that's the problem.
Tone it back, or you will be finding yourself in trouble.

No threats, just friendly advice.

And I'd have to fire you. I'd rather not have to do that."

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-10, 11:52 PM
After ten minutes or so, Strahd returns from the kitchen, holding two very hot plates aloft. Nearly tripping and falling no less than three times, and each time just barely managing to avoid spilling the food, the mad scientist chef makes his way to Tobias and Ori's table. "Bon Appétit." He says, putting the plates down as ceremoniously as he can, which is too say, with a lack of elegance and a surplus of clumsiness. The steak looks and smells delicious, but is also nearly molten, and will probably take a little while to cool down to anywhere near edible. The tea, likewise. At least the wine is cold.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 12:29 AM
After ten minutes or so, Strahd returns from the kitchen, holding two very hot plates aloft. Nearly tripping and falling no less than three times, and each time just barely managing to avoid spilling the food, the mad scientist chef makes his way to Tobias and Ori's table. "Bon Appétit." He says, putting the plates down as ceremoniously as he can, which is too say, with a lack of elegance and a surplus of clumsiness. The steak looks and smells delicious, but is also nearly molten, and will probably take a little while to cool down to anywhere near edible. The tea, likewise. At least the wine is cold.

Colin shakes his head.
Maybe you should let me do my job next time and have me carry the food out.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 12:37 AM
Verdice stumbles in, holding his head.
He whimpers and collapses.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 12:38 AM
Colin rushes over to him.
What happened sir? Would you like some medical aid?

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 12:40 AM
He whimpers...
Need a picture of him...?

Chezmarine
2011-10-11, 01:47 PM
"Exactly. And that's the problem.
Tone it back, or you will be finding yourself in trouble.

No threats, just friendly advice.

And I'd have to fire you. I'd rather not have to do that."

"I apologize. I tend to be quite the Temptress...." She says, Giving her a 'I'm sorry i'm a bad dog' Look.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-11, 03:33 PM
The dwarf motions for Zork to sit down across from him, "So laddee, d'yeh be wantin' t'hear a tale that'll roll yer bones an' shatter what little grip ye have on the bounds O' yer sanity? Can I interest yeh in me words what be laden in adventure, riddled wit' intrigue, an' soaked in incorrect grammatical expression?"

((Err, Repost for quinsar, even though it's just on the last page. I just realised it has been a few days since I posted this to no reply.))

From his pocket, the leathery old dwarf pulls an elegant, if slightly tarnished, flask which he begins to turn over in his meaty hands. Embossed into the front is a greek mask of tragedy, and as he turns it over the light plays over a mask of comedy on the reverse. He seems lost in his memories, but doesn't drink from the container.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 07:10 PM
He whimpers...
Need a picture of him...?

Repost

Zork nods, still holding the cat.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-11, 07:38 PM
Repost

Ceres attempts to speak into Zork's mind once more, and the spaceman may remember it as the voice of the floating brain that gifted him a gelatinous octopus, "I'm aware of your communications difficulty, if you need to say anything just sort of... think it at me and I'll get the message."

At the same time, he sets his flask down gently on its side, tragedy facing the ceiling, before folding his fingers under his chin and beginning his tale.

((Spoilered for length and content))
"It all began more'n a scores worth of years ago. In a tavern much like this'n, well lit and cheery, we all sat around the tables, back from a brief skirmish just this side of our borders. We were confident and cocksure, Immortal like only the young can be. Cert'nly most were afraid of the ressless dead that prowled the hills unner the moonless skies, but not we. We buried our fears in liquor just as we buried our fall'n brothers that day, an' sung drunken hymns to their memories all the while. It weren't like any other horror tale ye'll hear 'round the watchfire, there was no dim flickerin' O' the candles nor eerie howlin' winds about the door. No, jus' the lads n' I laughin' at barmaids, fair lasses though they were. An' then, jus' like that, here opens up the door and another O' our number is waltzin' through all dressed up fine and dandy in fresh livery. Now there are two thin's wrong with that, but we were to drunk on mead and courage to notice. The firs' is that when we had all come in together a'the start. The secon' was affer he got close enough so as we could see unner his hood, a few of the steadier O' us notice his eyes'd been cut out like plums picked from a tree. Nonetheless, it dint take 'im long to find one of us breatherin' and panting like hyenas, an' we had little enough time to get out our swords affore he had one of us bit clear through the neck. By the time he'd been done fer there was nothin' we could do for the lad he'd et, so some of use had gone out to bury 'em an' add another for the ress of us to sing for tha' night. It was only juss as we settled down tha' one of us realized the third thing wrong with havin' that zombie show up an' murder one of us. Wanna take a stab at what it was laddee?" The dwarf will smile broadly, showing his assortment of thick yellow teeth, through which a purplish pink tongue darts out to lick his bottom lip.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 07:54 PM
Repost

Colin quickly administers healing to the man.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 07:56 PM
Need a picture?
He seems to have radiation poisoning.

Zork nods and listens intently to the story.

Mee
2011-10-11, 08:00 PM
"I apologize. I tend to be quite the Temptress...." She says, Giving her a 'I'm sorry i'm a bad dog' Look.

"Well, calm it down, please."
Naku says, rubbing her eyes with one hand.

". . . ow."
Probably not smart.
She forgot her sharper fingernails.
Whoops.
So she now has a small cut just under one eyebrow.

DRAMATIC HEAD-WOUND!

Chezmarine
2011-10-11, 08:04 PM
"Well, calm it down, please."
Naku says, rubbing her eyes with one hand.

". . . ow."
Probably not smart.
She forgot her sharper fingernails.
Whoops.
So she now has a small cut just under one eyebrow.

DRAMATIC HEAD-WOUND!

"I'll Try." She Smirks.

Mee
2011-10-11, 08:06 PM
"I'll Try." She Smirks.

"Good. Please, please do so."
Naku says, sucking on the tip of her finger that got bled on.
"Stupid cuts . . ."
She mutters to herself.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-11, 08:17 PM
Need a picture?

Ceres seems a bit miffed that Zork didn't guess, but at least his first client seems to be enjoying himself.

((Again, Content and Length Warnings.))
"The livery lad, where would a zombie we buried not 'alf a day ago be gettin' fresh livery? Not like we laid 'im down with full respects, we barely 'ad enough time to drop 'im in a ravine with a few handfuls O' dirt tossed oer 'im. So we're a ponderin' this, takin' a few more shots to steady our nerves as the barmaid has lost 'er supper inna back corner. An' we're a ponderin' an' a ponderin' an nothin' is comin' to us, but then one smart aleck of a green scout pipes up, 'Maybe the bloke went back ta headquarters so's ee could look 'is best!' An' jus' like that, we all fall dead quiet like. No more singin', no more drinkin', jus quiet for a few seconds. But affer that yeh could 'ear our laughter sound out from miles aroun'. Mustive been like a cannon shot or a rollin' thunner, 'cause by the time we all calmed ourselves down, it was too late. None of us woulda expected e'en one of those shuffling deadweights to get passed us, but one was all it took. We were too young, too green, and too gods blasted drunk that by the time they started breakin' windows an' we had figured it all out our fate was sealed like tha' of a rabbit in a well. Don't think that any O' us in that tavern died a coward lad, we fought. You bet yer hermetically sealed arse we fought. But there's only so much yeh can do when yer death comes fer ya an' it's wearin' the face O' yer wife n' child. Don't be askin' me what I did that night to come out the other side alive neither. Such isn't the kind O' tale I'd tell anyone fer just the price of an ale." by the end of his story the dwarf has a haunted cast to his face, and is tracing the line of his flask's engravings with his right thumb as he stares off to the far corner of the Inn.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 08:45 PM
Need a picture?

It would be nice.

Chezmarine
2011-10-11, 08:48 PM
"Good. Please, please do so."
Naku says, sucking on the tip of her finger that got bled on.
"Stupid cuts . . ."
She mutters to herself.

Ashtrek walks over to Colin, With out Trying to be Seductive.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 08:51 PM
It would be nice.
He is this:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc102/quinsarny/Mongrel.png

Ceres seems a bit miffed that Zork didn't guess, but at least his first client seems to be enjoying himself.

((Again, Content and Length Warnings.))
"The livery lad, where would a zombie we buried not 'alf a day ago be gettin' fresh livery? Not like we laid 'im down with full respects, we barely 'ad enough time to drop 'im in a ravine with a few handfuls O' dirt tossed oer 'im. So we're a ponderin' this, takin' a few more shots to steady our nerves as the barmaid has lost 'er supper inna back corner. An' we're a ponderin' an' a ponderin' an nothin' is comin' to us, but then one smart aleck of a green scout pipes up, 'Maybe the bloke went back ta headquarters so's ee could look 'is best!' An' jus' like that, we all fall dead quiet like. No more singin', no more drinkin', jus quiet for a few seconds. But affer that yeh could 'ear our laughter sound out from miles aroun'. Mustive been like a cannon shot or a rollin' thunner, 'cause by the time we all calmed ourselves down, it was too late. None of us woulda expected e'en one of those shuffling deadweights to get passed us, but one was all it took. We were too young, too green, and too gods blasted drunk that by the time they started breakin' windows an' we had figured it all out our fate was sealed like tha' of a rabbit in a well. Don't think that any O' us in that tavern died a coward lad, we fought. You bet yer hermetically sealed arse we fought. But there's only so much yeh can do when yer death comes fer ya an' it's wearin' the face O' yer wife n' child. Don't be askin' me what I did that night to come out the other side alive neither. Such isn't the kind O' tale I'd tell anyone fer just the price of an ale." by the end of his story the dwarf has a haunted cast to his face, and is tracing the line of his flask's engravings with his right thumb as he stares off to the far corner of the Inn.
Zork makes a grunt, slowly stopping his nodding.
The cat hisses.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 09:04 PM
Ashtrek walks over to Colin, With out Trying to be Seductive.

Colin does not even look at her, he is busy tending to the wacky bat, rainbow, guy.
I wouldn't get to close if I were you. He's a little dangerous right now.

Chezmarine
2011-10-11, 09:05 PM
Colin does not even look at her, he is busy tending to the wacky bat, rainbow, guy.
I wouldn't get to close if I were you. He's a little dangerous right now.

Ashtrek pats 'Rath of Amaterasu.'

"Relax, I've Got it Covered."

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 09:06 PM
He groans.
What's happening? Oh-oh god...

Slii Arhem
2011-10-11, 09:06 PM
He is this:
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc102/quinsarny/Mongrel.png

Zork makes a grunt, slowly stopping his nodding.
The cat hisses.

((OHGODMYEYES!))

Ceres takes awhile to shake himself from his reverie, but soon enough his smile is back on his face, wrinkling his skin impressively as he attempts to calm down the angry feline, "Easy there kitty, nice puss... Dun' be hurtin' yer uncle Sersh now... So, now that yeh owe me an ale, can I be askin' yeh what happened ta Squarth? Yeh seemed rather fond O' him tha last time we met." Ceres will stroke his rather impressive beard (of course he has a beard) and pocket his flask once more. Almost immediately his hand slips down to pat it through his pants, as if he's reassuring himself it is still there.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 09:17 PM
He groans.
What's happening? Oh-oh god...

Please sir, remain calm. I'm doing the best I can before I can get you to a doctor.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 09:28 PM
C-call the goddess I'm staying with, o-or her daughter...

Zork will go to order him a drink, grunting.

Viera Champion
2011-10-11, 09:55 PM

If you would let me know how.

Quinsar
2011-10-11, 09:56 PM
He pulls a slip of paper out witha phone number on it.
It's his sister, Amanda's number...

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 08:56 AM

Ceres slaps his forehead suddenly, ashamed at himself for not seeing it before. When Zork gets back with the drink ((Unless Mee wants to rp out more drink ordering.)) He'll ask the obvious question, cringing a bit at making such a cheap joke.

"So whassa matter lad, cat got yer tongue?"

Mee
2011-10-12, 03:01 PM
((Unless Mee wants to rp out more drink ordering.))[/COLOR]

((Nah. It's a tavern, if every drink order were RP'd out, that'd take forever. :smalltongue:
So just assume drinks are gotten, and carry on.))

Speaking of drinks, Naku's back around.
Thumb pressed to her temple, and looking fairly frustrated at the entire world.

Chezmarine
2011-10-12, 03:16 PM
(What Should Ash Do? Serve Drinks? Hit on Customers?)

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 03:16 PM
((Nah. It's a tavern, if every drink order were RP'd out, that'd take forever. :smalltongue:
So just assume drinks are gotten, and carry on.))

Speaking of drinks, Naku's back around.
Thumb pressed to her temple, and looking fairly frustrated at the entire world.

Well if she doesn't have anything better to do than tend bars for npcs, Ceres will motion her over while he waits for Zork to undeadtime. Seems like they could both use some company.

Mee
2011-10-12, 03:24 PM
(What Should Ash Do? Serve Drinks? Hit on Customers?)

((If she has no drinks to get, just hang around and chat. I mean, that NPC elf guy was talking about treasure. She could ask about that.))

Well if she doesn't have anything better to do than tend bars for npcs, Ceres will motion her over while he waits for Zork to undeadtime. Seems like they could both use some company.

She doesn't, actually.
So off she goes to go have some company!
"Hiiiiiiiiii~"
Naku says, sitting herself down nearby.

Chezmarine
2011-10-12, 03:28 PM
((If she has no drinks to get, just hang around and chat. I mean, that NPC elf guy was talking about treasure. She could ask about that.))

She doesn't, actually.
"Hiiiiiiiiii~"

Ashtrek Walks Over to the Group of Adventurers.

"So, What are you Doing? Going on a Quest?"

Mee
2011-10-12, 03:32 PM
Ashtrek Walks Over to the Group of Adventurers.

"So, What are you Doing? Going on a Quest?"

"Hmm?
Oh, just discussing some plans . . ."
He sounds slightly . . . reserved.
"There are some rumors around, you see . . ."
He says, nodding Ashtrek to a chair nearby.
The other NPCs just sort of drift away.
Turns out, he wasn't in charge of the group, so much as telling stories to an anxious crowd.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 03:34 PM

She doesn't, actually.
"Hiiiiiiiiii~"

Ceres shudders a bit at the tone she's taken, it brings back bad memories of overly cheerful amorous clones... "Jus' wanted to tell ya that it looks like ye're din' a fine job managin' the place so far. An dun worry about payin' me neither, bein' on hand ta help ya' is the least I could do affer tricking ya' like I did. However, if thars any way you could find it in ya' to make my drinks an such on tha house, it'd warm me cockles like a forest fire on a winners eve."

He'll reach into the pocket wear he keeps his flask, once again making sure it's still there, "Care fer a tale while the bar's empy?"

Mee
2011-10-12, 03:37 PM
Ceres shudders a bit at the tone she's taken, it brings back bad memories of overly cheerful amorous clones... "Jus' wanted to tell ya that it looks like ye're din' a fine job managin' the place so far. An dun worry about payin' me neither, bein' on hand ta help ya' is the least I could do affer tricking ya' like I did. However, if thars any way you could find it in ya' to make my drinks an such on tha house, it'd warm me cockles like a forest fire on a winners eve."

He'll reach into the pocket wear he keeps his flask, once again making sure it's still there, "Care fer a tale while the bar's empy?"

"Tell ya what.
You give me . . . let's call it 20% of the money you make, and the drinks and room are free.
Sounds like a deal?"
Naku asks in a tone that just reeks of 'you're welcome to barter me down if you wish'.
If that makes sense.

"But sure. Stories are great."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 03:48 PM
"Tell ya what.
You give me . . . let's call it 20% of the money you make, and the drinks and room are free.
Sounds like a deal?"
Naku asks in a tone that just reeks of 'you're welcome to barter me down if you wish'.
If that makes sense.

"But sure. Stories are great."

The dwarf will pull out his flask and begin flipping it over between his hands, "Well I suppose it means I'll have to start charging people, but that's fair. Call it a fifty fifty split and drinks, room, And food are free."

Quickly, he gets back into character, "So what kind O' adventure d'yee be seekin' this eve m'lady?"

Mee
2011-10-12, 03:51 PM
The dwarf will pull out his flask and begin flipping it over between his hands, "Well I suppose it means I'll have to start charging people, but that's fair. Call it a fifty fifty split and drinks, room, And food are free."

Quickly, he gets back into character, "So what kind O' adventure d'yee be seekin' this eve m'lady?"

"I figured you were already. My apologies. If you want, we can come up with something else.
. . . and food, of course."
Naku shrugs slightly.
She doesn't really care too much.
She saw how this inn operates. Money isn't hurting much.
Though she does keep forgetting that food exists.

"Anything . . .
Anything with this world's vampires in it.
I'd like to learn more about them."

Earl of Purple
2011-10-12, 04:14 PM
Talking of vampires, one's just entered now. He's quite a tall chap, and thin, wearing a ripped and stained white shirt missing a sleeve, torn and grubby suit trousers, a much-mangled waistcoat and a pair of steel-toe-capped boots. His hair is ill-kept and black, whilst his eyes are green with a slight red tint.

He walks in and chooses somewhere dark to sit, where he can observe without necessarily being observed.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 04:16 PM
"I figured you were already. My apologies. If you want, we can come up with something else.
. . . and food, of course."
Naku shrugs slightly.
She doesn't really care too much.
She saw how this inn operates. Money isn't hurting much.
Though she does keep forgetting that food exists.

"Anything . . .
Anything with this world's vampires in it.
I'd like to learn more about them."

Ceres pauses for a moment, then carefully lays the flask down on the table between them, tragedy staring up at the ceiling.

"No, that's fine, it's just I don't have much use for money. You live long enough and you don't have to work for cash, cash works for you." Ceres manifests a minor psionic illusion that replays scenes from his memories to begin to set the mood. Images of Rot ripping the throat out of Magtok begin to play, along with brief flashes of his involvement in the party afterwards, highlighting his hostility and whimsical attitude towards violence.

"Well thars some things ye'll have to know first fer any O' this to make sense lassie. First off I'll tell ya that I'm not exactly a font O' infermation when it comes to tha' Nexus, seein' as how it's only been a month er so since me'n the family settled down 'ere ta stay. But I'll tell ya what I can. Bloodsuckers in tha Nexus come in as many shapes as there are stars in a galaxy, an' I've only had tha misfortune to see a few. There's yer feral monsters, what be livin' an' dyin' solely fer blood, not thinkin' 'bout nothin' but their next meal. But most of what'll find ya here is of the more amorphic persuasion, thems that have found ways of counteractin' the 'ardships that come from bein' a creature O' the night. In doin' that, they tend to have a better control O' their shape than ye'd think, discorporatin' inta acid mist and changin' their shapes so as to hide amongst the crowd and speed up their natural regeneraterin'."

Ceres raises a hand to pinch the bridge of his wide nose in thought,"But one things fer cert'n, yeh won't be findin' any flatsylvanaian duchess 'round these parts. Nothin' about tha Nexus is normal lass, least of all its vamps. If yer still innerested, I can tell yeh about a youngin' leech I met back in a grecian town, but it wouldn' give ya any idea O' what to expect from the lot aroun' here."

Mee
2011-10-12, 04:43 PM
"Well,"
Naku says after a slight pause.
"I'm less interested in the ones that are hanging around here right now, I just want to hear stories.
Old stories, passed down from who-knows when.
Stories of the vampires you grew up with.

I . . .
want to see how different we all are."
She says quietly, looking down at her hands.

And this new vampire may notice Naku, who's sitting off with Ceres. She's fairly obviously a vampire.
Description for you if you want it.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-12, 04:52 PM
Mateo does notice, but doesn't approach. He doesn't really trust other vampires, as his sire wasn't a particularly pleasant individual. At the moment, though, he's staring. The slight red glow from his eyes is more noticeable in the shade like he is, but still.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 05:08 PM
"Well,"
Naku says after a slight pause.
"I'm less interested in the ones that are hanging around here right now, I just want to hear stories.
Old stories, passed down from who-knows when.
Stories of the vampires you grew up with.

I . . .
want to see how different we all are."
She says quietly, looking down at her hands.

And this new vampire may notice Naku, who's sitting off with Ceres. She's fairly obviously a vampire.
Description for you if you want it.

Wow, as doll pretty as Naku is she's probably looking fairly adorable, bowing her head and all.

Ceres lets loose an involuntary grin at his own memories, this time he doesn't get back into character, too lost in reminiscing to care,"Oh he was different alright. Although I think you two would have got along fine. He was just a sprout when he turned, although by that point he may as well have been a man. His sire was one of the few vampires to brave the mediterranian sun and settle there, and most likely the only one cautious enough to not be found out immediately by the citizens and taken care of. He would find street boys, or buy slaves, and stretched them out for months. Feeding on one until the anemia was too much and they expired. This particular urchin was crafty though, too crafty for his own good. He knew his time was nearly up, and a few days before he was about to give out, he finally escaped. Not even a few days later, Nikolas expired from starvation and bloodloss. He was the only one of that entire stable of boys to be turned... and his sire never even noticed."

Ceres' smile slowly turns down at the corners, his old face slowly unwrinkling until you can just barely see his flinty eyes, "By the time we met him, no one knew how old he was. He had just been slaving himself out to generals across the gulf for centuries, most every sick pig who desired a bit of comfort between battles had been through his hands, and eventually his teeth, at least once. And if people died? Well it was war, and conditions were never the best back then, people died all the time, but only when he was certain they deserved it."

He goes to pick up his flask, his story done, "Alot of terrible things happened on that planet, and eventually Nikolas went the way we all do. One of his targets was too smart, too good, and that poor kid died a hard death. It nearly broke Julie's heart, and I don't think any of us could ever go back there."

"He was like you, y'know? I mean we inducted him into the family like we did with you. He...he was one of the first."

Mee
2011-10-12, 05:21 PM
S'true, actually.
Just so gosh-darn cute.

Naku's silent through the entire story, but just ends nodding slowly.
"One of the first?"
She asks, very, very quiet all of a sudden . . .

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 05:34 PM
S'true, actually.
Just so gosh-darn cute.

Naku's silent through the entire story, but just ends nodding slowly.
"One of the first?"
She asks, very, very quiet all of a sudden . . .

Ceres sobers up, "We Fiskes, by default, are adrift in the physical world. We don't belong. Connecting to people like you brings us closer to feeling like we're not abominations, monsters, freaks, aberant... not quite so different... *hrmph* and helping people like Nikolas gives us purpose, when we need it. There haven't been many we've made the offer to, and even fewer accept, but when you joined us you weren't just letting ten perverted old creeps spy on you. You have quite a few brothers and sisters out there across the multiverse. A few even here in the Nexus. And we all look out for each other when we can."

((The bit in italics is what Ceres is thinking, but since he's distraught he's sort of broadcasting his toughts telepathically to everyone nearby.))

Mee
2011-10-12, 07:49 PM
Ceres sobers up, "We Fiskes, by default, are adrift in the physical world. We don't belong. Connecting to people like you brings us closer to feeling like we're not abominations, monsters, freaks, aberant... not quite so different... *hrmph* and helping people like Nikolas gives us purpose, when we need it. There haven't been many we've made the offer to, and even fewer accept, but when you joined us you weren't just letting ten perverted old creeps spy on you. You have quite a few brothers and sisters out there across the multiverse. A few even here in the Nexus. And we all look out for each other when we can."

((The bit in italics is what Ceres is thinking, but since he's distraught he's sort of broadcasting his toughts telepathically to everyone nearby.))

Naku nods again.
"Just so long,"
She says, grinning at him.
"As you don't use it to take over my bar.
M'kay?"
This is very, very obviously a joke.

And she would reply to the rest of it, she just doesn't really see how she could.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 07:55 PM
Naku nods again.
"Just so long,"
She says, grinning at him.
"As you don't use it to take over my bar.
M'kay?"
This is very, very obviously a joke.

And she would reply to the rest of it, she just doesn't really see how she could.

"*Hrmph* That's what I get for being serious. Cheeky vampires..." He smiles though, and brushes his hand over the pocket containing his flask, "Wouldn't dream of it Princess..."

"It looks like you've got another customer, and I think he's one of your sort. I can go play serving boy unless you want to see to it yourself. Or have Colin or... *visible shudder* "Ashtrek do it."

((Edit: Of course, Earl is deadtimed right now, so any serving will have to wait until tomorrow.))

Mee
2011-10-12, 08:05 PM
"*Hrmph* That's what I get for being serious. Cheeky vampires..." He smiles though, and brushes his hand over the pocket containing his flask, "Wouldn't dream of it Princess..."

"It looks like you've got another customer, and I think he's one of your sort. I can go play serving boy unless you want to see to it yourself. Or have Colin or... *visible shudder* "Ashtrek do it."

"Very, very cheeky."
Naku grins at him.

D'awww. Princess. First nice thing anyone's ever really said to her. . .

"Nah, I'll see to him.
And don't be hating no Ashtrek. She just needs some help, is all.
Taking in wayward waifs, and helping them out, eh?"
She asks rhetorically, standing, brushing herself off, and heading over to Earl's Vampire.

So in that case . . .
She DOESN'T head over there.
Yeah.
That's it.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 08:14 PM
"Very, very cheeky."
Naku grins at him.

D'awww. Princess. First nice thing anyone's ever really said to her. . .

"Nah, I'll see to him.
And don't be hating no Ashtrek. She just needs some help, is all.
Taking in wayward waifs, and helping them out, eh?"
She asks rhetorically, standing, brushing herself off, and heading over to Earl's Vampire.

So in that case . . .
She DOESN'T head over there.
Yeah.
That's it.

Ceres doesn't do anything to stop her, but lets out a laugh and a parting shot, "Oh please, that lass reminds me of Julie without the shame. But if you insist, I'll try to be... Civil about it."

Mee
2011-10-12, 08:17 PM
Ceres doesn't do anything to stop her, but lets out a laugh and a parting shot, "Oh please, that lass reminds me of Julie without the shame. But if you insist, I'll try to be... Civil about it."

"Thank you. Just be nice, shut down any attempts to flirt with you, to to shut down her attempts to just seduce random people, please.
She might not have much in the way of shame at the moment, but as long as she's here, working for me, there's at least a certain level I'm going to insist on."
Naku says, sitting back down over near Ceres with a sigh.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 08:33 PM
"Thank you. Just be nice, shut down any attempts to flirt with you, to to shut down her attempts to just seduce random people, please.
She might not have much in the way of shame at the moment, but as long as she's here, working for me, there's at least a certain level I'm going to insist on."
Naku says, sitting back down over near Ceres with a sigh.

Heh, Ceres clearly gets a kick out of this conversation, "Oh please, don't flatter me princess. I severely doubt little miss fox-wolf would lower her standards enough to look at me, let alone take any interest. But I'll keep an eye on her, and between the two of us maybe she'll stay in line. Maybe."

He'll fiddle with his pocket one more time. "Besides, no matter how hopeless it is, I'm already beholden to someone." a thought comes to him, and with it a wistful smile, "Say there's an idea, how about one more story, just a short one. I'll tell you where I got this." he takes out the flask and slides it across the table towards Naku. Then he forces himself to remove his hand from atop it to reveal it facing down this time, the mask of comedy grinning upwards and gleaming dully in the Inn's lights.

Mee
2011-10-12, 08:41 PM
Heh, Ceres clearly gets a kick out of this conversation, "Oh please, don't flatter me princess. I severely doubt little miss fox-wolf would lower her standards enough to look at me, let alone take any interest. But I'll keep an eye on her, and between the two of us maybe she'll stay in line. Maybe."

He'll fiddle with his pocket one more time. "Besides, no matter how hopeless it is, I'm already beholden to someone." a thought comes to him, and with it a wistful smile, "Say there's an idea, how about one more story, just a short one. I'll tell you where I got this." he takes out the flask and slides it across the table towards Naku. Then he forces himself to remove his hand from atop it to reveal it facing down this time, the mask of comedy grinning upwards and gleaming dully in the Inn's lights.

"S'my hope."
Naku admits.

Then, for the story:
"Of course. I like stories."
She looks down at the flask, then.
"Just to say now, I can't drink anything that's in there . . ."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 09:04 PM
"S'my hope."
Naku admits.

Then, for the story:
"Of course. I like stories."
She looks down at the flask, then.
"Just to say now, I can't drink anything that's in there . . ."

"It's empty. Why it's empty has to do with why I have it in the first place." Ceres pauses, wondering where to begin, "I don't suppose you have any particular knowledge of the Objects? It would help if you did, but I can work around it otherwise. To explain them would take all night."

Mee
2011-10-12, 10:41 PM
"It's empty. Why it's empty has to do with why I have it in the first place." Ceres pauses, wondering where to begin, "I don't suppose you have any particular knowledge of the Objects? It would help if you did, but I can work around it otherwise. To explain them would take all night."

"M~"
Naku pauses slightly, pursing her lips.
"~kay.
But no, I don't know of these . . . Objects.
Sorry."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-12, 11:03 PM
"M~"
Naku pauses slightly, pursing her lips.
"~kay.
But no, I don't know of these . . . Objects.
Sorry."

"S'okay. Suffice it to say, I ended up Seeking one of the Objects, and things went well. They went very well. But messing with cosmic forces beyond the mortal ken requires sacrifices... And I had nothing to sacrifice." Ceres runs a hand through his current form's sparse grey hair to distract himself, reveling in the sensation, "So whoever was judging me gave me everything I could have ever wanted, and made me choose to give it all up for what I sought."

A quiet sigh escapes his lips, and he goes to take the flask back before suddenly thinking better of it and letting his hand drop to the table with a thunk, "And I did it, sorry chump that I was. Heh, imagine your perfect partner, the mate to your soul, absolute perfection in everything. Whatever you're thinking of, it can't compare to the real thing. Having someone know everything about you at a glance, all your faults somehow endearing, all your accomplishments enrapturing... and even worse, the second you lay eyes on them you can tell you know them better than you know yourself. It's invigorating, to have just one person from which there are no more secrets, just understanding." his traitorous hand has been creeping across the table as he speaks, and he can't stop himself from brushing his fingertips over the flask's cap with a sad smile.

"And then you give away your only chance to spend eternity in bliss for a flask full of power and a cheap new parlor trick."

He'll look up at Naku, although he really isn't seeing her. His mind is in another place. "And the worst part is, I new from the start that it was all an illusion. She was just another demon's trick, and if I fell for her I'd go straight to... well wherever they keep you. The sick thing is, that was the best part."

He's silent for a long time, counting the grains in the table and resolutely not looking at the flask he's even now rocking gently back and forth with light touches.

"And she knew that too. So now this is all I'll ever have to remember her with, and it'll never be enough."

Mee
2011-10-13, 03:58 PM
After a few moments to think, Naku just shakes her head.
"I can't even imagine that, I'm afraid . . .

But if she was a demon trick,"
She asks, slowly, and trying not to pry but just unable to help herself,
"Wouldn't they have let you be disillusioned for a while, then rip her away regardless?"

Awww.
Now she's all sad and stuff.
Sad stories are sad.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-13, 04:05 PM
Mateo remains sitting and staring in his corner. It's slightly creepy, actually. The scruffy vampire's not sure why he came, really. He doesn't socialise much; other vampires play politics and aren't trustworthy, liches play politics and aren't trustworthy, ghouls aren't good at conversation (decomposing tongues) and everything else is going to die. Possibly when he gets hungry.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-13, 04:05 PM
After a few moments to think, Naku just shakes her head.
"I can't even imagine that, I'm afraid . . .

But if she was a demon trick,"
She asks, slowly, and trying not to pry but just unable to help herself,
"Wouldn't they have let you be disillusioned for a while, then rip her away regardless?"

Awww.
Now she's all sad and stuff.
Sad stories are sad.

"Oh yes... and we both knew that. But that's not why I let her go. It was for greed, and nothing else."

Ceres looks up suddenly, smile back firmly on his face, "Heh, I guess this should be facing up the other way. I was all geared up to tell you a cheery little story to while the day away... I guess I just don't have much cheer left in me right at the moment." so with a flick of his fingers the flask tips over on its end, leaving the tragic mask facing up again.

"Say, I think your kin is back from his little nap, if you think he needs a ghost story send him over my way."

((Translation, Earl of Purple is back online.))

Mee
2011-10-13, 04:09 PM
"Oh yes... and we both knew that. But that's not why I let her go. It was for greed, and nothing else."

Ceres looks up suddenly, smile back firmly on his face, "Heh, I guess this should be facing up the other way. I was all geared up to tell you a cheery little story to while the day away... I guess I just don't have much cheer left in me right at the moment." so with a flick of his fingers the flask tips over on its end, leaving the tragic mask facing up again.

"Say, I think your kin is back from his little nap, if you think he needs a ghost story send him over my way."

((Translation, Earl of Purple is back online.))

Naku just nods at all this.
"Tell you what, later, I'll tell you about the vampires I know.
Sound like a deal?"
She asks, smiling slightly at Ceres, and standing up.
Now that she knows more of his story, she doesn't exactly pity him, but she does feel really, really sorry for the guy.

Then she heads over to Mateo.
"Can . . . I get you . . . anything?"
She asks, very, very nervous all of a sudden.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-13, 04:23 PM
"Yes. Do you have anything for vampires?" Mateo's hoping for some elven blood; it's so much nicer than anything human. Especially if it's fresh from the neck of some wood elf hunter who believed themselves safe from what looked like a battered human lost in the woods deep at night.

Mee
2011-10-13, 04:41 PM
"Yes. Do you have anything for vampires?" Mateo's hoping for some elven blood; it's so much nicer than anything human. Especially if it's fresh from the neck of some wood elf hunter who believed themselves safe from what looked like a battered human lost in the woods deep at night.

"We . . . have . . . um . . . some great salads.
I'll vouch for them myself.
They're great."

Awww, confused to the point of repeating herself.
And really.
Salads?

She fidgets from foot to foot slightly, like she wants to run . . .

Earl of Purple
2011-10-13, 04:54 PM
"I can't taste or gain sustenance from human food, not even blood oranges. Do you have any blood, or Ichor Liquor?" Mateo's voice is carefully modulated not to reveal anything, something he's good at, and he's staring at Naku's face.

Mee
2011-10-13, 04:57 PM
"I can't taste or gain sustenance from human food, not even blood oranges. Do you have any blood, or Ichor Liquor?" Mateo's voice is carefully modulated not to reveal anything, something he's good at, and he's staring at Naku's face.

Hmm.
That was something she hadn't been warned of.
This could be bad.
"I think we do, but you'd have to ask someone besides me to deal with it . . ."
Naku says, shifting from foot to foot again.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-13, 05:07 PM
Mateo slowly nods. "I see. May I ask why?" He still hasn't blinked, nor has his eyes moved from Naku's face. I don't think he's trying to be creepy; he just doesn't socialise often in unfamiliar surroundings.

Mee
2011-10-13, 05:10 PM
Mateo slowly nods. "I see. May I ask why?" He still hasn't blinked, nor has his eyes moved from Naku's face. I don't think he's trying to be creepy; he just doesn't socialise often in unfamiliar surroundings.

"Because I don't risk handling the stuff, I'm afraid . . ."
Naku says slowly, backing away a step.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-13, 05:15 PM
"If you are that scared of your nature, why do you work with mortals? It's hard not to kill them, sometimes." Mateo's 'sometimes' aren't the same 'sometimes' as other vampires. His usually involve a group of elvish archers attacking from tree tops, rather than a group of muggers in a dark alleyway.

But he tries not to kill them.

Mee
2011-10-13, 05:21 PM
"If you are that scared of your nature, why do you work with mortals? It's hard not to kill them, sometimes." Mateo's 'sometimes' aren't the same 'sometimes' as other vampires. His usually involve a group of elvish archers attacking from tree tops, rather than a group of muggers in a dark alleyway.

But he tries not to kill them.

"I . . .
Am already having a day to day struggle to keep the Madness away.
I'd rather not willingly make it worse."
Is all she offers as an explanation as she heads off to find someone else to serve Mateo, as she can't do it.

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 05:28 PM
Ashtrek Senses Tension.

"Excuse Me Gentlemen, But I'm Afraid I May have to Act as The Taverns Bouncer. Do you Think You Can Stay and still Have a Good Time, Or Would You Prefer Amaterasu's Divine Blade Sticking Out of Your Chest?"

Mee
2011-10-13, 05:38 PM
Ashtrek Senses Tension.

"Excuse Me Gentlemen, But I'm Afraid I May have to Act as The Taverns Bouncer. Do you Think You Can Stay and still Have a Good Time, Or Would You Prefer Amaterasu's Divine Blade Sticking Out of Your Chest?"

((You may want to specify who it is she's talking to . . .))

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 05:41 PM
((You may want to specify who it is she's talking to . . .))

((Naku's A Girl, Isn't She? She Said 'Gentlemen.' She's Refering to The OTHER Vamp.))

Mee
2011-10-13, 05:47 PM
((Naku's A Girl, Isn't She? She Said 'Gentlemen.' She's Refering to The OTHER Vamp.))

((Yes, but you could also have been referring to any of the NPCs.
Plus, there isn't an argument, and threatening guests isn't usually a good idea.
Tends to chase people off.
Besides, she was hired to be a waitress. She doesn't have to be a bouncer.))

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 05:49 PM
((Yes, but you could also have been referring to any of the NPCs.
Plus, there isn't an argument, and threatening guests isn't usually a good idea.
Tends to chase people off.
Besides, she was hired to be a waitress. She doesn't have to be a bouncer.))

((But Vamps Need to Have a Katana blessed by the sungod thrust through there Chests.)))

Mee
2011-10-13, 05:52 PM
((But Vamps Need to Have a Katana blessed by the sungod thrust through there Chests.)))

((No.
Vampires from different universes need different things, and most of them need not be killed.
Not all PCs were made to fight to the death, or to be killed off.
Just so you know.))

Well, Naku's behind the bar, tapping her fingers on it slowly.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-13, 06:00 PM

((You do realize Arhtrek's employer is a vampire. I wouldn't dis' Naku, even OOC where she's unlikely to hear it.))

Ceres notices the impending confrontation, and tries to make peace before anyone is hurt, "Woah there Wolfette, purging the unclean forms of our customers is strictly reserved for when they've actually done something wrong. Just calm down and get the man a raw steak and a bloody mary. Make sure Strahd uses plenty of that bloodsauce Naku accidentally ate way back when, and tell him I'll pay for it."

Hopefully the male vampire won't take too much offence to Ashtrek's unique way of handling things if he gets a free meal out of it. What with how new this place is (not really, but recently revived is Like New) the DFI really can't afford Remnant breathing down their necks about "Missing Customers." and "Distinct lack of morals in the serving staff."

Edit: If Naku is uncomfortable mixing a bloody mary, she may want to pipe up and have Ceres do it, since I'm not sure if Strahd can mix drinks.

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 06:09 PM
The Wolfess Grunts, But Does as She is Told.

After All, The Tattoo on Her Back Reads "USMC - GEDMC." Or United States Marine Corps -- Government Extermination of Dangerous 'Mythological' Creatures. That Was Her Job. Prior To the Nexus. She Especially Hated Vampires. Fast, Hard To Kill, Only Nocturnal Combat, And No Effective Ranged Weapons.

Mee
2011-10-13, 06:14 PM
The Wolfess Grunts, But Does as She is Told.

After All, The Tattoo on Her Back Reads "USMC - GEDMC." Or United States Marine Corps -- Government Extermination of Dangerous 'Mythological' Creatures. That Was Her Job. Prior To the Nexus. She Especially Hated Vampires. Fast, Hard To Kill, Only Nocturnal Combat, And No Effective Ranged Weapons.

Then what's she doing working for one? :smallconfused:

And yeah, when asked to mix up a Bloody Mary, Naku blanches (an interesting effect on a vampire, lemme tell ya), and just says "No.
Nonononononononono.
I . . . don't want to touch the stuff if I can avoid it.

Sorry."

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 06:17 PM
Then what's she doing working for one? :smallconfused:

And yeah, when asked to mix up a Bloody Mary, Naku blanches (an interesting effect on a vampire, lemme tell ya), and just says "No.
Nonononononononono.
I . . . don't want to touch the stuff if I can avoid it.

Sorry."

"Why Don't You Show Me How to Mix Drinks Then?"

Mee
2011-10-13, 06:20 PM
"Why Don't You Show Me How to Mix Drinks Then?"

"S'not hard, just,"
Then Naku explains how to mix the Bloody Mary.
I dunno exactly how to go about doing it, but these Bloody Marys actually have blood in them.

After that, Naku just backs away slowly.

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 06:24 PM
Ashtrek Nods and Goes to Mix the Drink... While No One is Looking, She Slips in an Odor Neutralized Cross-Shaped Garlic.

You Can't Teach an Old Wolf New Tricks.

Mee
2011-10-13, 06:26 PM
Ashtrek Nods and Goes to Mix the Drink... While No One is Looking, She Slips in an Odor Neutralized Cross-Shaped Garlic.

And the consequences of that are going to be entirely her own.
Naku, and by that I also mean the Inn itself, will not protect her if she does that.

Naku would try to stop this, but as you said, no one saw Ashtrek do this.

So, as she can't help, she's off at one side of the bar, flipping some pencils over her fingers.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-13, 06:30 PM

She might not get the chance if she's waiting for no one to be looking. Ceres knows his mixed drinks, and has been watching her carefully from two angles. (Both from his table and his link with Naku, which let's him "look over her shoulder" so to speak) So he should be able to spot the tiny cross that doesn't belong there.

If you judge that he still couldn't see her do it, then that's fine, but if he catches her at it then he'll be having words with her about exactly when it's okay to attempt to murder a paying customer. Even if he sees nothing, he's fairly suspicious, and will keep a close eye on what happens.

Chezmarine
2011-10-13, 06:31 PM
The Wolf Looks At The Drink...

She'd Much Rather End Him Via Amaterasu.

She Pours the Drink Down the Drain, And She Mixes Another One. Unlike Chez, She Has A Conscience. This Isn't GED. She Has No Need to Kill Him. Yet.

Mee
2011-10-13, 07:51 PM
The Wolf Looks At The Drink...

She'd Much Rather End Him Via Amaterasu.

She Pours the Drink Down the Drain, And She Mixes Another One. Unlike Chez, She Has A Conscience. This Isn't GED. She Has No Need to Kill Him. Yet.

And always just remember:
She's currently working for a Vampire.

And Naku wouldn't be overly happy about that entire situation.

Though Naku does breathe a sigh of relief now that the blood's put away.
She was seriously worried for a bit there.

Earl of Purple
2011-10-14, 04:42 PM
This particular vampire is repelled by holy symbols, meaning he can sense them before they can touch him. If they do touch him, though, they do hurt and burn. And garlic has no effect if it isn't ingested, in which case he vomits.

"Thank you." Ashtrek gets a small smile, too, but it's not much of one. He'll bite into the meat and suck the blood out of it first, before he starts the Bloody Mary.

Mee
2011-10-16, 01:36 PM
Well, after that entire blood fiasco settled down--apperently--, Naku's back cleaning off the bar with a still at least somewhat clean rag.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-17, 08:44 PM
Ceres is back to... doing whatever it is he does now. At the moment he's telling stories to npc children, sending their little hearts all aflutter with joy...

"An' so tha harse openned 'is mouth real wide, an' a great blunderin' rat clambered up out O' 'is gullet, all slimy and glistenin' like it was a furry lil' eel..."

Horror, their hearts aflutter with horror as he regails them of his time spent in The Haunted Woods of Mythical Wrongness.

He's... not very good with children.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 09:24 PM
Sorrow, and his sister Fear, who are both pale red Tieflings with straight horns, enter, and start looking for someone who works here, so that they can ask for Sersh.

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:29 PM
Sorrow, and his sister Fear, who are both pale red Tieflings with straight horns, enter, and start looking for someone who works here, so that they can ask for Sersh.

Well, Naku's in charge of the place.
There'd be a good spot to start. I'll go find my description of her if you want to talk to her.

Chezmarine
2011-10-17, 09:32 PM
Ashtrek Enters The Tavern, Smelling Of Fish and Bonk Atomic Punch.
She Probably Won't Be in Trog's Again for a While....

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:34 PM
Ashtrek Enters The Tavern, Smelling Of Fish and Bonk Atomic Punch.
She Probably Won't Be in Trog's Again for a While....

Better hope she doesn't mention this to Naku.
While Naku really doesn't mind the other bars, Ashtrek was supposed to be working in the time she, apparently, went off to go frequent another bar.
She might feel slightly betrayed. >_>

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 09:35 PM
She does sound like a good place to start.

Therefore, by the mystical laws of the Nexus, the Tieflings are irresistibly drawn to her.

In other words, they see that she probably works there, and head over. When they arrive, Fear says "Excuse me... We heard you're hiring?"

((Also, I just noticed that the name of the thread is the Dacing Fox Inn, rather than the Dancing Fox Inn.))

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:39 PM
She does sound like a good place to start.

Therefore, by the mystical laws of the Nexus, the Tieflings are irresistibly drawn to her.

In other words, they see that she probably works there, and head over. When they arrive, Fear says "Excuse me... We heard you're hiring?"

"Hm? Oh, yes! Yes I am!"
Naku says, one word quickly following the next.
She flips an annoying strand of hair back over her eyebrow, and continues.
"So, what am I hiring you for?"

Let's see, Naku: Tall, very obvious vampire fangs, long, pony-tail'd purple hair, a fairly pale complexion--though she's radiating a small amount of darkness. S'pretty neat--is really pretty, and an ever-present smile.

((. . . whoop.
Time to fix that! <_<
It never happened. *neenja* ))

Slii Arhem
2011-10-17, 09:39 PM

Sersh is over at a table with a sign on it that says, "Tales of Adventure, Prices Negotiable." that should be visible from the door.

They may not catch sight of him right away though, as a few of the npcs around the bar are also dwarves, although he's certainly the wrinkliest.

It looks like they've gotten straight to the point with Naku though, so it's possible they won't need to meet him at all.

((I'm fairly certain Naku has heard of this pseudonym of Ceres', so she should be able to point him out.))

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 09:40 PM
"That depends on what you need done, doesn't it?"

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:43 PM
"That depends on what you need done, doesn't it?"

"At the moment, I have a cook, a story-teller, a barmaid, and a general minion.
Whenever they're around, anyway."
Naku says, grinning slightly wider.
"So everything else is open."

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 09:52 PM
They smile at her.

"I'll take a job as a waitress."

"And I'll snag being the barboy. Plus we have more people that can come in, if you need them."

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:54 PM
They smile at her.

"I'll take a job as a waitress."

"And I'll snag being the barboy. Plus we have more people that can come in, if you need them."

"Sure, you're hired.
And as one of my employees made me have to lay down the law on; there is a dress-code.
But so long as you don't wear anything truly . . . non-familyfriendly, we're all good.
H'mkay?"

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 09:56 PM
"Sure, you're hired.
And as one of my employees made me have to lay down the law on; there is a dress-code.
But so long as you don't wear anything truly . . . non-familyfriendly, we're all good.
H'mkay?"

"Okay."

"Sounds good to me."

Mee
2011-10-17, 09:59 PM
"Okay."

"Sounds good to me."

"All right, so, can I get you two anything?
Information on the job, food?
And if you don't want to start right away, that's fine."

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:02 PM
"All right, so, can I get you two anything?
Information on the job, food?
And if you don't want to start right away, that's fine."

"Both of those would be wonderful. And starting now is fine."

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:04 PM
"Both of those sound good. As does starting now."

"Well, just . . . take orders, get stuff from orders, deliver to people.
S'none too hard.
I think.
I never have done it, so it might be.
And I'll try to get you some food. No promises, though. Our cook's missing."

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:07 PM
"We know someone that could fill in until they get back..."

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:08 PM
"We know someone that could fill in until they get back..."

"Nah, he'd be hurt if I gave his job away.
However, I can go get you at least something.

Just wait here, I'll be right back."
And right back she is!
With two nice, heaping, meat-free salads!

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:13 PM
"Thank you."

"Thanks!"

They, unless stopped, will take the salads, and start to dig in like they're half-starved.

As I forgot to mention it earlier, Naku might notice now, or have done so already, that they're both quite thin.

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:17 PM
"Thank you."

"Thanks!"

They, unless stopped, will take the salads, and start to dig in like they're half-starved.

As I forgot to mention it earlier, Naku might notice now, or have done so already, that they're both quite thin.

"Of course. And, as you work here now, there's as much food as you need, whenever you need it.
I'll show you where we keep things."
Apparently, she did notice.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:20 PM
They both look quite grateful.

"Thank you again. It means a lot to us. Not too many places will hire Tieflings, so we haven't been eating too well lately."

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:29 PM
They both look quite grateful.

"Thank you again. It means a lot to us. Not too many places will hire Tieflings, so we haven't been eating too well lately."

"Well, just realize you're working for a vampire.
And I think we're all good."
Naku says, quite happy with her newest hires.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:33 PM
"We're part demon. So it's not like we're going to be prejudiced. And you're not of the 'slaughter anything that has blood' variety, so..."

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:45 PM
"We're part demon. So it's not like we're going to be prejudiced. And you're not of the 'slaughter anything that has blood' variety, so..."

"Well, not yet. It might happen, though. Just as fair warning.
But it won't.

So, where are you two from?"
Naku asks, getting to try to know her staff a bit better.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:49 PM
"We're from a city called Antirma. What do you want to know about it?"

Mee
2011-10-17, 10:51 PM
"We're from a city called Antirma. What do you want to know about it?"
"That was mostly it."
Naku said, chuckling.
"Anything you want to share before I send you to work?"

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 10:54 PM
"Other than the fact that I was sent here by a Watchman so I could stop stealing from people, not really."

"She'd probably like to know our names, too."

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-17, 11:02 PM
What's this? The cook missing? Nonsense and shenanigans!

Strahd is totally here. Has been for a while. There just hasn't been much for him to do, seeing as the only recent customer asked for raw meat. No way is Strahd serving meat raw. Ick. That would be a disgrace to cookery.

The scent of fresh baked flapjacks fills the air as the mad scientist cook exits the kitchen, carrying a platter of steaming hot semi-ethereal pancakes, fresh from the oven/ghostifier device/whatever-the-proper-name-for-that-infernal-contraption-is. "'ere. You left before you could eat those pancakesh you ordered before, sho thish ish on the houshe." He says, setting the platter of pancakes down at Ceres's table.

Mee
2011-10-17, 11:12 PM
"Other than the fact that I was sent here by a Watchman so I could stop stealing from people, not really."

"She'd probably like to know our names, too."

"Well, yeah. I would like to know your names, if that's at all possible."
Naku says, grinning.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-17, 11:13 PM
What's this? The cook missing? Nonsense and shenanigans!

Strahd is totally here. Has been for a while. There just hasn't been much for him to do, seeing as the only recent customer asked for raw meat. No way is Strahd serving meat raw. Ick. That would be a disgrace to cookery.

The scent of fresh baked flapjacks fills the air as the mad scientist cook exits the kitchen, carrying a platter of steaming hot semi-ethereal pancakes, fresh from the oven/ghostifier device/whatever-the-proper-name-for-that-infernal-contraption-is. "'ere. You left before you could eat those pancakesh you ordered before, sho thish ish on the houshe." He says, setting the platter of pancakes down at Ceres's table.

"What? No, Waldorf ate those ones, I know because he was smug about it for days afterwards. Besides, I work here now, and part of my contract, well okay most of my contract, says free food and drink." Ceres drums his distinctly solid fingers on the table. What's he gonna do with a bunch of half solid fried dough...

"Hey Implings, if you're still hungry I could share you some of my flapjacks." He hollers out over the length of the Inn.

There, now if they don't suffer unforeseen consequences from ingesting half ghostly food, he'll know it's safe to eat.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 11:16 PM
"Well, yeah. I would like to know your names, if that's at all possible."
Naku says, grinning.

"I'm Fear."

"And I'm Sorrow."

"What? No, Waldorf ate those ones, I know because he was smug about it for days afterwards. Besides, I work here now, and part of my contract, well okay most of my contract, says free food and drink." Ceres drums his distinctly solid fingers on the table. What's he gonna do with a bunch of half solid fried dough...

"Hey Implings, if you're still hungry I could share you some of my flapjacks." He hollers out over the length of the Inn.

There, now if they don't suffer unforeseen consequences from ingesting half ghostly food, he'll know it's safe to eat.

"It's Tieflings, but thanks!"

Mee
2011-10-17, 11:23 PM
"I'm Fear."

"And I'm Sorrow."

"And I am Naku.
S'a pleasure to meet you both."

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 11:28 PM
"And I am Naku.
S'a pleasure to meet you both."

"It's nice to meet you too, Naku."

They both offer a hand to shake.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-17, 11:28 PM
"I'm Fear."

"And I'm Sorrow."

"It's Tieflings, but thanks!"

Ceres motions to the other chairs at his table,"You kids all look alike to us old folk. Get a couple hunnerd years in ya' an' then maybe I'll learn which one of them fiddly little species yeh belong to."

Ceres attempts to contact Sorrow telepathically, So how is Jean looking in your opinion? He seemed rather high strung to me.

((Also C'nor, Poke (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12047813&postcount=1434)))

Mee
2011-10-17, 11:29 PM
"It's nice to meet you too, Naku."

They both offer a hand to shake.

And Naku shakes them both.
"Now get to work you two.
Chop chop."
She says, grinning.

How old are these two, by the way?

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-17, 11:37 PM
Oh, great, now Ceres has gone and offended Strahd. Which, admittedly, is damn easy to do, but turning up your nose at food is one sure-fire way to do so. Especially seeing as Ceres is one of the very few people who's ever complemented Strahd on his cooking.

"W- well, point wash, you didn't get to eat the food you payed for, and I w- w- wash trying to be nice." Strahd glares angrily at Ceres, before turning and stomping off towards the door.

"I'm taking my lunch break. Don't go anywhere near the ******* shtove w- w- while I'm gone." He snaps at Naku on the way out.

Mee
2011-10-17, 11:39 PM
"I'm taking my lunch break. Don't go anywhere near the ******* shtove w- w- while I'm gone." He snaps at Naku.

"Of course. I only make salads."
Naku jokes at him.
"I won't touch it, promise."

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-17, 11:41 PM
Ceres motions to the other chairs at his table,"You kids all look alike to us old folk. Get a couple hunnerd years in ya' an' then maybe I'll learn which one of them fiddly little species yeh belong to."

Ceres attempts to contact Sorrow telepathically, So how is Jean looking in your opinion? He seemed rather high strung to me.

((Also C'nor, Poke (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12047813&postcount=1434)))

"I wouldn't know. Nothing to compare him to."

And Naku shakes them both.
"Now get to work you two.
Chop chop."
She says, grinning.

How old are these two, by the way?

They grin, and start to head off to their respective jobs here.

Around twenty-two, I think. I hadn't really thought about it.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 12:06 AM
Ah... damn, Ceres really kind of liked Strahd. But he also really kind of liked not dying of ghastly dysentery... Oh well, down the hatch anyway, and he'll try to make it up to the Mad Chef later.

Ceres begins chowing down on the pancakes, resolutely sticking to the task until he finishes the last bite, well past the point where he should have stopped to ease the pressure on his stomach. When he finally finishes his meal with a satisfied sigh, he's convinced everything will be okay for all of four seconds.

Then things go loopy.

Since Ceres' form was based on another person's idea of reality, and he had sort of cheated with this one by making it out of a mind that was technically himself (though not at the time) he had some limited form of subconcious control over his shape.

So even though the chances of anything bad happening were only a bit better than astronomical, and even though Strahd most likely knew exactly what he was doing with those pancakes and knew better than to accidentally harm a customer...

Ceres' halfway expected to die of Ghastly Dysentery, and so he halfway died of Ghastly Dysentery.

"HurpBLAARGH!" his mouth became a font of ectoplasm, spraying it in a wide arc over the tables and floor before the taciturn old dwarf collapsed off his chair into a heap on the slightly soggy floor.

Then the ectoplasm begins removing itself from the surfaces, and before too long Ceres is back to being a floating brain once more.

Aaaaaand Naku has another corpse that needs dealing with. Hopefully this won't become a running gag (it totally will!)

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-18, 12:26 AM
Well, at least the pancakes were good. Definitely a subtle taste, as they're half-ethereal, and therefor human tastebuds can only half taste them, but still delicious.

Probably not good enough to die for though.:smalltongue:

Mee
2011-10-18, 04:50 PM
*snip*

Aaaaaand Naku has another corpse that needs dealing with. Hopefully this won't become a running gag (it totally will!)

Naku sighs, and starts muttering to herself.
Anyone nearby will get to hear things like: "Having to ask him to stop" "can't be having dead people" "bad things" and "loss of customers".
She's not overly happy with Ceres at the moment . . .

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 04:59 PM
Naku sighs, and starts muttering to herself.
Anyone nearby will get to hear things like: "Having to ask him to stop" "can't be having dead people" "bad things" and "loss of customers".
She's not overly happy with Ceres at the moment . . .

It doesn't seem like many people are happy with Ceres today, not even Ceres.
He Liked that form, and losing it just to make an absentee chef happy wasn't one of his smarter ideas.

None-the-less, Ceres wies up to Naku's distaste and quickly shunts the cooling corpse into a portal that leads... somewhere else?

And then he'll begin the lengthy and tiring process of disasociating himself from the Fiske hivemind. By the time he's finished and reality snaps back into place Jezern du Monvernaign is standing where he once floated.

Hopefully the ponce's stories will be a bit less... morbid than the dwarfs were. Especially his children's stories. *shudder*

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:04 PM
Sorrow and Fear are doing their jobs, looking quite happy that the dwarf didn't share those pancakes.

Mee
2011-10-18, 05:06 PM
Naku, at the moment, is just holding her head in her hands, muttering something to herself, rocking back and forth slightly, and generally paying no attention to the world in the slightest.
Someone'll need to poke her to get her attention.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:13 PM
Since there aren't really any customers at the moment, Fear heads over, and says "Naku? Are you okay?"

Mee
2011-10-18, 05:14 PM
Since there aren't really any customers at the moment, Fear heads over, and says "Naku? Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm okay."
Naku says, looking up and smiling at Fear.
"I could just use a salad if you're willing to get me one."

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 05:15 PM
Naku, at the moment, is just holding her head in her hands, muttering something to herself, rocking back and forth slightly, and generally paying no attention to the world in the slightest.
Someone'll need to poke her to get her attention.

Oh boy, Ceres knows those symptoms, or at least he thinks he does... He's over by Naku's side as quickly as possible, and attempts to put an arm around her shoulders.

"Withdrawal?" his question is simple, but if she's still coherent Naku should know what he means.

Mee
2011-10-18, 05:16 PM
Oh boy, Ceres knows those symptoms, or at least he thinks he does... He's over by Naku's side as quickly as possible, and attempts to put an arm around her shoulders.

"Withdrawal?" his question is simple, but if she's still coherent Naku should know what he means.

"Just . . . need some food."
Naku says slowly, shaking her head.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:17 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm okay."
Naku says, looking up and smiling at Fear.
"I could just use a salad if you're willing to get me one."

Fear returns the smile, and says "Of course I can get you a salad. What do you want in it?"

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 05:19 PM
Fear returns the smile, and says "Of course I can get you a salad. What do you want in it?"

"Whatever you do, let her pick the dressing." Ceres manages with a smile, although the concern is still apparent on his face.

Mee
2011-10-18, 05:20 PM

"Anything but meat . . ."
Naku says quietly, still with her head in her hands.

"Whatever you do, let her pick the dressing." Ceres manages with a smile, although the concern is still apparent on his face.

Naku just gives him a fairly weak smile.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:23 PM
Fear heads off into the kitchen, to get Naku a very large, and completely meat-free, salad.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 05:43 PM
"Anything but meat . . ."
Naku says quietly, still with her head in her hands.

Naku just gives him a fairly weak smile.

"You know, Ceres begins, trying to keep her mind off what he suspects is bothering her, "You did promise me to tell me what the vampires you're used to are like once. If you don't think it would turn your stomache, I'd like to hear it."

Mee
2011-10-18, 05:48 PM
Fear heads off into the kitchen, to get Naku a very large, and completely meat-free, salad.

And Naku would be much obliged for it.

"You know, Ceres begins, trying to keep her mind off what he suspects is bothering her, "You did promise me to tell me what the vampires you're used to are like once. If you don't think it would turn your stomache, I'd like to hear it."

"Well . . . they have a choice. And they can either be some of the most powerful beings of the Darkness, or can flat out turn their back on it.
Not . . . not many have, though."
Naku says quietly, waiting on the salad.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:54 PM
Fear returns, with the salad, which contains various varieties of cheese, vegetables, and anything else other than meat that would go in a salad, and should be quite delicious.

The Tiefling attempts to hand the massive bowl of food to Naku, saying "Here. Will this work?"

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 06:04 PM
And Naku would be much obliged for it.

"Well . . . they have a choice. And they can either be some of the most powerful beings of the Darkness, or can flat out turn their back on it.
Not . . . not many have, though."
Naku says quietly, waiting on the salad.

Ceres nods thoughtfully, "Not many who get such a choice would. Is that what you've done?"

Chezmarine
2011-10-18, 07:32 PM
Better hope she doesn't mention this to Naku.
While Naku really doesn't mind the other bars, Ashtrek was supposed to be working in the time she, apparently, went off to go frequent another bar.
She might feel slightly betrayed. >_>

Ashtrek Hardly Frequents Trog's and I Doubt she'll be going back for a While.

"Nothing like a Cold Can of Radioactive Cola." She states.

Mee
2011-10-18, 09:29 PM
Fear returns, with the salad, which contains various varieties of cheese, vegetables, and anything else other than meat that would go in a salad, and should be quite delicious.

The Tiefling attempts to hand the massive bowl of food to Naku, saying "Here. Will this work?"

Naku just nods, takes the salad, and devours it quickly.

Ceres nods thoughtfully, "Not many who get such a choice would. Is that what you've done?"

Naku nods again.
"The power comes with The Madness. I don't want that.
You saw it yourself . . ."
On that first day. He should remember.

Ashtrek Hardly Frequents Trog's and I Doubt she'll be going back for a While.

"Nothing like a Cold Can of Radioactive Cola." She states.

Not that Naku knows any of that.
Nor does she answer, as she's kinda being all hungry and stuff.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 09:40 PM
Naku nods again.
"The power comes with The Madness. I don't want that.
You saw it yourself . . ."
On that first day. He should remember.

Ceres frown deepens. The concern is still there, but it's tinged with a hint of pensive thought, "And there's no way to seperate the two?" Then something else she said during their first meeting clicks, "You said you had to get blood at some point, how long can you go without?"

An Inn really isn't the best place to hold out in the event of a mad vampire attack after all.

Mee
2011-10-18, 09:47 PM
Ceres frown deepens. The concern is still there, but it's tinged with a hint of pensive thought, "And there's no way to seperate the two?" Then something else she said during their first meeting clicks, "You said you had to get blood at some point, how long can you go without?"

An Inn really isn't the best place to hold out in the event of a mad vampire attack after all.

"As long as I need to, honestly. I just need plenty of other food.
It's not as good, but it will suffice.

I mean, there were always times back home when there just were no humans. If we couldn't adapt to that, we'd all be gone."
Naku says, sounding much better already.
"And no, not really.
You can't tap into the true power unless you give in to the madness.
What I have now is just a small fraction."
Naku says, shrugging slightly.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-18, 09:57 PM
"As long as I need to, honestly. I just need plenty of other food.
It's not as good, but it will suffice.

I mean, there were always times back home when there just were no humans. If we couldn't adapt to that, we'd all be gone."
Naku says, sounding much better already.
"And no, not really.
You can't tap into the true power unless you give in to the madness.
What I have now is just a small fraction."
Naku says, shrugging slightly.

Ceres nods, remembering how tenaciously Naku had fought when she was gorged on blood. "What you have now is enough in my opinion. Despite what you may hear not every barkeep and shopmind needs to be a force of destruction."

He strokes the sparse blonde hair on his chin thoughtfully, how best to put this delicately... "I may be prying here, but can I assume that you and your... other half have merged somewhat? For lack of a better term. It's just I'm having a hard time reconciling the haughty 'I can destroy you with but a thought.' woman I met in a cage so long ago with the gentlebeing before me now."

Well that was certainly... tactful? Certainly never thought I'd see a Demi-Horror hit on a capital V Vampire. But if Naku is looking at Ceres' face she may see a faint glimmer in his eyes. It's clear he's just having a bit of fun.

NotScaryBats
2011-10-19, 05:32 PM
A woman -- and she can scarcely be classified as such -- staggers into the room and into a seat, muttering, "Mmmm...Mmm...mmmeat... Nnnneed... Mmmmme...eeeatttt..."

She is incredibly emaciated, to the point of near-mummification. Her hair is shoulder length and scraggly, and is black in color. Her yellow eyes are crazed, looking this way and that. Dressed in once-fine clothes, the woman looks like she walked through several deserts, marshes, and acres if sticker bushes to get here.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-19, 05:36 PM
Fear, after taking one look at her, runs into the kitchen to get her some, shouting to Sorrow to get her something to drink as she does.

Mee
2011-10-19, 08:23 PM
Ceres nods, remembering how tenaciously Naku had fought when she was gorged on blood. "What you have now is enough in my opinion. Despite what you may hear not every barkeep and shopmind needs to be a force of destruction."

He strokes the sparse blonde hair on his chin thoughtfully, how best to put this delicately... "I may be prying here, but can I assume that you and your... other half have merged somewhat? For lack of a better term. It's just I'm having a hard time reconciling the haughty 'I can destroy you with but a thought.' woman I met in a cage so long ago with the gentlebeing before me now."

Well that was certainly... tactful? Certainly never thought I'd see a Demi-Horror hit on a capital V Vampire. But if Naku is looking at Ceres' face she may see a faint glimmer in his eyes. It's clear he's just having a bit of fun.

"No. No we haven't 'merged'.
She's . . . the one you saw?
Was The Madness.
I don't want to let that side of me out again.

Okay, so, the way the Madness works,"
Naku says, taking a deep breath, and slowly releasing it.
"The more that I feed, the more powerful and domineering it will get. Until one day it's in control, and can keep me shunned off to the side.
I'd rather not have that. . ."
Should this make any sense or not, would probably depend on Ceres himself.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-19, 08:41 PM
"No. No we haven't 'merged'.
She's . . . the one you saw?
Was The Madness.
I don't want to let that side of me out again.

Okay, so, the way the Madness works,"
Naku says, taking a deep breath, and slowly releasing it.
"The more that I feed, the more powerful and domineering it will get. Until one day it's in control, and can keep me shunned off to the side.
I'd rather not have that. . ."
Should this make any sense or not, would probably depend on Ceres himself.

Hmmm, I guess subtle flirting isn't really working, "That's good. I'd much prefer you over her any day." Ceres attempts to put one of his hands on Naku's shoulder.

"Not that Crazy Naku wasn't a barrel of laughs to be around mind you, but you're more my cup of tea." There, now he's gone out and said it. Let's see if she can stay mopey and dramatic while he tries to embarrass her out of her skin.

Mee
2011-10-20, 07:38 PM
Hmmm, I guess subtle flirting isn't really working, "That's good. I'd much prefer you over her any day." Ceres attempts to put one of his hands on Naku's shoulder.

"Not that Crazy Naku wasn't a barrel of laughs to be around mind you, but you're more my cup of tea." There, now he's gone out and said it. Let's see if she can stay mopey and dramatic while he tries to embarrass her out of her skin.

Naku just "Heh."s.
"Well, I'll keep doing what I can to keep her gone. Promise."
Then, with one last sigh, Naku stands back up.
"Well then. Back to work, eh?"

Slii Arhem
2011-10-20, 07:46 PM
Naku just "Heh."s.
"Well, I'll keep doing what I can to keep her gone. Promise."
Then, with one last sigh, Naku stands back up.
"Well then. Back to work, eh?"

"Mmmm, looks like you've got one sick puppy of a customer over there, but I think I saw the doublemint twins taking care of it." Ceres gestures to the desicated woman near the door.

"Let me know if you need me for anything, for now, I think I'll try my hand at barding." He reaches up to scratch his hair, and when it passes behind an ear he plucks a harmonica from nowhere and begins to play a slow, deep melody.

(In reality, he's just using his psionic ability to shape sound to mimic a tune he's heard. It's the same way he spoke back before he developed real vocal cords. The harmonica is just an illusion wrapped around a block of wood.)

Mee
2011-10-21, 02:53 PM
"Mmmm, looks like you've got one sick puppy of a customer over there, but I think I saw the doublemint twins taking care of it." Ceres gestures to the desicated woman near the door.

"Let me know if you need me for anything, for now, I think I'll try my hand at barding." He reaches up to scratch his hair, and when it passes behind an ear he plucks a harmonica from nowhere and begins to play a slow, deep melody.

(In reality, he's just using his psionic ability to shape sound to mimic a tune he's heard. It's the same way he spoke back before he developed real vocal cords. The harmonica is just an illusion wrapped around a block of wood.)

"Aaaall right. Good luck with it."
Naku says, back to serving drinks.

Though the music was fun to listen to.
Even if it was fake.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-21, 03:02 PM
"Aaaall right. Good luck with it."
Naku says, back to serving drinks.

Though the music was fun to listen to.
Even if it was fake.

Oh no, the music is real, it's just made up of ambient noise twisted to sound differently. The harmonica is definitely fake though. :smallsmile:

"Well geeze lady, s'not like anyone around here is looking for a tall tale. Besides, we're short one bard, so I may as well pull double duty for now."

Ceres changes his tune a bit, pulling a (fake) banjo out from behind his back before beginning to strum a quick little ditty that sounds like it came straight from a port town.

True to what he told Naku during his job "interview" he doesn't attempt to sing. No sense scaring off more customers after all.

Mee
2011-10-21, 03:05 PM
Oh no, the music is real, it's just made up of ambient noise twisted to sound differently. The harmonica is definitely fake though. :smallsmile:

"Well geeze lady, s'not like anyone around here is looking for a tall tale. Besides, we're short one bard, so I may as well pull double duty for now."

Ceres changes his tune a bit, pulling a (fake) banjo out from behind his back before beginning to strum a quick little ditty that sounds like it came straight from a port town.

True to what he told Naku during his job "interview" he doesn't attempt to sing. No sense scaring off more customers after all.
"S'true. Honestly, at the moment, we have too many people working here, and not enough customers."
Naku says, sighing slightly.

Slii Arhem
2011-10-21, 03:11 PM
"S'true. Honestly, at the moment, we have too many people working here, and not enough customers."
Naku says, sighing slightly.

"Yup, it's almost as if there are, y'know, Other bars around that are drawing all the customers away. Perish the thought." Ceres grins at the little barb. As nice as this place is for folks like him, it would have to do some serious advertising to regain some of its former glory in his opinion.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-21, 03:13 PM
Sorrow arrives at the half-dead woman's table with a massive pitcher of water, and a large glass.

Meanwhile, Fear is cooking plenty of meat for her in the kitchen.

Mee
2011-10-21, 03:14 PM
"Yup, it's almost as if there are, y'know, Other bars around that are drwing all the customers away. Perish the thought." Ceres grins at the little barb. As nice as this place is for folks like him, it would have to do some serious advertising to regain some of its former glory in his opinion.

"Ayup. I know.
At least we can offer a nice, quiet, peaceful place to who want it."
Naku says, shrugging.

And deadtime for a bit.
Can't seem to focus on RPing at the moment. >_<

NotScaryBats
2011-10-22, 03:04 PM
The woman removes a belt pouch made of black leather from her belt and lets it fall heavily on the table. It falls to its side and out pour several thick, heavy coins. She plucks a palm-sized platinum coin with a foreign character stamped upon it and holds it shakily out to Sorrow.

"Mmmm.... Mmmeee.... Eeeeat?"

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-22, 04:24 PM
Sorrow takes the coin, and says "As soon as it's ready. My sister's making it now."

NotScaryBats
2011-10-22, 06:57 PM
The coin is very heavy despite it's size, and is cool to the touch.

The woman looks at Sorrow expectantly; it is unclear if she understands or not.

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-22, 08:11 PM
Kitchen

There's only one oven in the kitchen, and it's been... altered Even though Strahd has only had a few weeks to work, he's already added all sorts of gadgetry and gizmos to the oven, till it's barely recognizable. Gauges, pipes and meters adorn the sides, unhealthy smelling fumes pour from metal vents, and electricity crackles inside glass domes. Inside, the stove is a tangle of interlocked heterodyne converters, vacuum tubes, tesla coils, diodes, even something vaguely resembling a generator that glows with sickly green light. And then there's the control panel, which holds three dials, green, blue and yellow, each one going from one to eleven, as well as a single red button.

Strahd would be mortified if anyone found out about the sheer amount of science he had to use to modify the oven, but there was no other way it was going to meet his rather ridiculous standards. And now Fear is, presumably, using it to fry up the meat for the Inn's newest customer.

The only question is, which of the dials has she adjusted, and to what setting?

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-22, 10:40 PM
:smalleek:

Yelllow to four, green to six, and blue to eight.

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-23, 12:11 AM
As the yellow dial is turned to four, bright blue flames burst into life atop the stove, dancing merrily about at a low simmer. Probably just right for frying up bacon or somesuch. Not so bad, especially seeing as just from the oven's appearance, one would expect it to explode or something if some idiot messed with it.

Good thing it's not gonna explode, right? I mean, it's not like someone with absolutely no idea how it's supposed to work messed with Strahd's invention, despite his explicit orders not to, right?

And then Fear goes and messes with the green and blue dials as well. Oops.:smalleek:

As the green dial is turned to six, an ultraviolet glow, which Fear may or may not see depending on whether she can observe the ultraviolet spectrum, suffuses the air around the oven, colored smoke pouring from the vents as the haphazard, incredibly unstable spectralization engine Strahd built into the machine begins to warm up. Normally, this would be no big deal. But then Fear goes and turns the last dial up to eight. The last dial, the blue one, just happens to control the oven itself, which happens to be hooked up to the same generator as the spectralization engine. Meaning that under no circumstances should they be used at the same time, and especially not at any setting over three.

The glass domes of trapped lightning begin to glow like infernal spotlights, arcs of electricity bouncing around inside the transparent prisons and leaving tiny cracks each time they rebound off the glass. A shrieking hum fills the air, and the oven actually begins to shake as the generator overloads. Fear has about two and a half seconds to run like hell. Or maybe she could try shutting the oven down before it liquifies the kitchen. That might work. Maybe.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-23, 12:14 AM
Fear hastily reaches out, to turn the last dial off.

ThirdEmperor
2011-10-23, 08:43 PM
Fear likely gets a nasty shock as she tries to turn the blue dial back to zero, but luckily her last ditch effort to stop the deadly chain reaction succeeds. Well, it succeeds in de-activating the actual stove, lowering the temperature in the kitchen by a few degrees. It does nothing to stop the jury-rigged generator from fast losing stability, which will, in about one point five seconds, cause a truly massive heat increase in an area of about thirty feet around the rapidly ticking bomb.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-23, 08:47 PM
Right.

Fear reaches out with both hands to flip the other two dials to zero, then proceeds to run.