PDA

View Full Version : My new class

fendermallot
2011-10-05, 04:15 PM
This post was removed due to a crazy DM who thinks playing 4e characters in Essentials makes them "overpowered"

tcrudisi
2011-10-05, 05:12 PM
First, I'm assuming that your Druid is really a Sentinel since you put it as a Leader. If they really are a Druid (and not a Sentinel), then I'd definitely play a striker (Sorc? Avenger? Barbarian?).*

If they are a Sentinel, I'd take a look at either anther defender. I'm not a big fan of Knights as the defender, tbh. Personal bias, really. Dwarves have some sweet options as defenders. I would also suggest a second leader, but my personal opinion is that leaders are meant to improve the strikers and that trio of strikers isn't the type to be readily improved (unless the Rogue is a brutal scoundrel). I guess a Runepriest would work pretty well.

What? I'd play a 4th striker and go without a leader? Yes, yes I would. Those types of parties are more fun to me and it involves a very fast-paced combat where-in the combat is over in 5 minutes... win or lose. I enjoy that.

Orsen
2011-10-05, 05:47 PM
If you don't like a controller then I would suggest another leader. Warlord and Cleric (as a Warpriest) hit pretty good and could provide some nice support to all those other strikers.

Kurald Galain
2011-10-05, 06:41 PM
Play a warlord that focuses on granting basic attacks to your allies. This works very well with the current group.

fendermallot
2011-10-05, 07:02 PM
yes, sorry... druid is a sentinel and a fairly crappy one at that (it's the player, he's an old man that can't make any decisions until everyone before him has gone, INFURIATING!).

I was also thinking warlord or weaponmaster.

Kurald, any suggestion for a build?

Kurald Galain
2011-10-05, 07:27 PM
Kurald, any suggestion for a build?

Use one of your at-wills on Direct The Strike, so you can make an ally attack instead of yourself whenever this is convenient. Orchestrate Offense lets two allies attack instead of you, and Hammer and Anvil let both you and an ally attack. Then, take a big craghammer and use Dwarven Weapon Training, so that your attacks are also decent. Add Inspiring Word and Knight's Move, and you're pretty good at controlling the battlefield even at that low level.

Remember: a barbarian hits the dragon with his sword. A warlord hits the dragon with his barbarian.

Umberhulk
2011-10-06, 12:15 AM
Play an invoker and blast WHOLE GROUPS.

DragonBaneDM
2011-10-06, 01:10 PM
Remember: a barbarian hits the dragon with his sword. A warlord hits the dragon with his barbarian.

I freaking love this saying. It's entirely true, and your Rogue can squeeze out a bunch more damage with you there.

If you have an ineffective Leader then yes, definately this. Also, unless someone in your team is playing a weird off-build, then you lack a "smart guy", and good Arcana checks come in handy. I'd play a Tactical Warlord if I were you! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: To add incentive, your party's rather big, and pretty squishy besides the Knight and the Sentinel. The extra healing will definatley come in handy, dude. Pluse Warlord is a great way to shorten combat by adding extra damage in the form of extra attacks.