PDA

View Full Version : The New Girl

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-05, 10:44 PM
Not much to say here, just... I love this show. Let's hope it survives.

Adorkable, indeed :smallbiggrin:

Xondoure
2011-10-06, 10:08 PM
Coach left. I was sad.

Lord Seth
2011-10-06, 11:10 PM
It's "New Girl," not "The New Girl."

As for hopes of survival, it's the first show this season to get a full-season pickup and I believe it's outdoing every other show currently on Fox. Unless there's massive ratings droppage, I'd be amazed if it didn't get another season.

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-07, 01:14 AM
It's "New Girl," not "The New Girl."

As for hopes of survival, it's the first show this season to get a full-season pickup and I believe it's outdoing every other show currently on Fox. Unless there's massive ratings droppage, I'd be amazed if it didn't get another season.

Me happy.

And okay, about the name.

Coach left. I was sad.

As I understand it the actor was already on a Sit Com everybody (including him) thought was going to be cancelled, and then it wasn't, so he went back?

Xyk
2011-10-07, 01:59 AM
Zooey Deschanel is an extremely attractive person. That is my primary thought regarding this show.

Xondoure
2011-10-07, 02:33 AM
Me happy.

And okay, about the name.

As I understand it the actor was already on a Sit Com everybody (including him) thought was going to be cancelled, and then it wasn't, so he went back?

Yes I believe that is the case. It was still hard to take though. Regardless Zooey is hilarious and I'm sure it will continue to be amusing.

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-07, 05:26 AM
Yes I believe that is the case. It was still hard to take though. Regardless Zooey is hilarious and I'm sure it will continue to be amusing.

She is adorkable in a very sexy way.

pita
2011-10-07, 06:45 AM
I didn't find anything but Coach funny, and then he left.
Not even my intense crush on Zooey Deschanel could save this show in my eyes.

Dienekes
2011-10-07, 04:39 PM
I watched the first two episodes, really liked the first one, and then the second one was rather dull. Zooey was alright, and had moments of pure genius, of the other members of the cast normal guy was boring and I didn't really care for his little story with the girlfriend, douche-bag was un-funny, and Coach was hilarious. Now we're left with boring and un-funny.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-10-07, 06:00 PM
I've only seen the first episode. I looooved it.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-07, 06:03 PM
I watched the first two episodes, really liked the first one, and then the second one was rather dull. Zooey was alright, and had moments of pure genius, of the other members of the cast normal guy was boring and I didn't really care for his little story with the girlfriend, douche-bag was un-funny, and Coach was hilarious. Now we're left with boring and un-funny.
I like the show so far.
I did miss Coach.
I loved the Douchebag jar.
I liked Zoe: she is just nerdy enough.
I'm not sure if the show is going for comedy or drama: or better yet Dramady. It seems unsure itself.

Em Blackleaf
2011-10-07, 09:42 PM
I love this show so much oh my god. The pilot wasn't even stupid and pilot-y.

I really really hope it survives. Zooey Deschanel is my favorite famous person ever and this show is fun.

Elrik
2011-10-09, 01:50 AM
Hmm, I've seen some ads and I like the manic pixie dreamgirl aspect of it. Zooey pulls it off well (I've met a few women like that, and...yeah, that's pretty much it right there).

I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Raistlin1040
2011-10-09, 11:41 AM
This is my basic opinion of the show. (http://www.cracked.com/article_19493_4-reasons-zooey-deschanel-can-stop-pretending-shes-dork.html?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Celebrities&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=feature_module)

Mewtarthio
2011-10-09, 07:44 PM
This is my basic opinion of the show. (http://www.cracked.com/article_19493_4-reasons-zooey-deschanel-can-stop-pretending-shes-dork.html?wa_user1=2&wa_user2=Celebrities&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=feature_module)

*spit-take* What?! You mean to say that an actress who plays a character meant to appeal to a particular demographic is not really personally interested in every individual in said demographic? Are... are you suggesting that Hollywood... is in it for the money?!

*sniff* *sniff* :smallfrown:

NO! I don't believe it! Santa Claus would never let that happen!

Marillion
2011-10-09, 07:53 PM
*spit-take* What?! You mean to say that an actress who plays a character meant to appeal to a particular demographic is not really personally interested in every individual in said demographic? Are... are you suggesting that Hollywood... is in it for the money?!

aaaahahahahahahaha

But in all seriousness, while the article raised some decent-ish points (namely, the nature of awkwardness), it struck me mostly as catty. The main point could be boiled down to "How DARE this attractive woman be adored by her fans in the way that countless other actresses have been before her?"

As for the show itself, I've only seen the first episode, and while it was nothing spectacular I thought it was worth watching again. Just haven't had a chance to.

Bhu
2011-10-10, 12:11 AM
zoooooooeeeeeyyyyyyyssss :xykon:

Avilan the Grey
2011-10-10, 01:06 AM

I know!! Next thing you know they are going to claim that Jim Parson isn't like Sheldon at all! And that Kaley Cuoco Penny wouldn't be interested in me if we met.

What is the world coming to...! *Shakes head sadly*

Raistlin1040
2011-10-10, 08:52 AM
I was referring to the description of awkward in the real world (you know what I mean), and New Girl awkward (look at me, I'm so quirky because I sing at odd times). Zooey Deschanel's career is based on being the quirky weird girl and while that's a bit boring if you watch a lot of her movies, it's fine. With New Girl, it just seems excessive to me.