PDA

View Full Version : [d20 Modern Post-Apocalyptic] MageWorld: Magic After the End

Rappy
2011-10-06, 05:37 AM
Content moved. You can find the new version of this material in this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15152316)

Rappy
2011-10-06, 05:38 AM
Content moved.

radmelon
2011-10-06, 11:09 AM
This may be one of the best concepts for a post-apoc setting I have ever read. I will be following this closely.

jojolagger
2011-10-06, 11:48 AM
Wow, FreakAngels (http://www.freakangels.com/?p=23) (magic based end of know world, "the crash") meets YOSH (http://www.yoshcomic.com/latest.php?i=040322a) (small portion of population gets magic at the same time, "the weirding"). Something I never expected to see. This should be good.

Domriso
2011-10-06, 03:14 PM
I am thoroughly intrigued. Definitely watching.

Pokonic
2011-10-06, 03:23 PM
Ooh, this looks very interesting. I am following this.

Edit: On the nature on the magical explosions: did each one have different effects on humans living there? As in, are there huge humaniods of different kinds roaming northern europe now that have no relation to furry ape-like creatures living in north america and tibet?

Rappy
2011-10-06, 08:21 PM
This may be one of the best concepts for a post-apoc setting I have ever read. I will be following this closely.

Wow, FreakAngels (http://www.freakangels.com/?p=23) (magic based end of know world, "the crash") meets YOSH (http://www.yoshcomic.com/latest.php?i=040322a) (small portion of population gets magic at the same time, "the weirding"). Something I never expected to see. This should be good.

I am thoroughly intrigued. Definitely watching.

Ooh, this looks very interesting. I am following this.
Thanks. :smallredface: I wanted something to do when I wasn't working on my urban fantasy pet project, and this idea seemed like a fun one to try out.

Speaking of which, the game basics post is now edited in. Playable Mutants will be coming up next.

Edit: On the nature on the magical explosions: did each one have different effects on humans living there? As in, are there huge humaniods of different kinds roaming northern europe now that have no relation to furry ape-like creatures living in north america and tibet?
Indeed. For instance, angels (in this case referring to luminous empaths) only arose from Ra and Dagr explosion, thus limiting them to Europe and the Middle East, while the sickly, flesh-dependent ghouls were born out of pretty much every explosion other than Amaterasu.

Rappy
2011-10-06, 11:35 PM
Content moved.

Rappy
2011-10-24, 05:36 PM
General update info: A note on vehicle alterations has been added to the second post, and the Eastern North America atlas has been updated with the stat block of President Herman of the UAS and the major locations of Appalachia.

Rappy
2011-11-08, 02:15 AM
Okay, the UAS and Appalachian Territories have been updated again. Now with more NPC goodness.

Hidden Sanity
2011-11-20, 10:46 PM
Ohhhhh... Shiny....

Rappy
2011-11-24, 12:46 AM
After combing over my copies of the Darwin's World books outside of the Survivor's Handbook, the Basics of Mage World section has been heavily updated. In addition, the hodag has now been finished and added to eastern North America's bestiary.

After the Bestiary of the East Coast post is done and over with, I plan on either giving a look at Central North America or islands in the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Are there any preferences to which?

radmelon
2011-11-24, 10:05 AM
I must say I'm slightly more interested about the west coast, as I live there. I wanna know how screwed I am. :smalltongue:

Big Meany
2011-11-24, 10:24 AM
Really phenomenal stuff! keep it coming.

Zale
2011-11-24, 11:30 AM
I would like to second that.

This is awesome! :smallcool:

Pokonic
2011-11-26, 06:02 AM
I must bite the question: How screwed over was the land of horses and whisky?(Kentucky) Not the Appalachia, but away from the high hills into the central part of it and such. To be exact, the central, more urbanised part.

Hopefully, not that bad. I have several investmants there, one of them being the house I live in.:smallbiggrin:

Lets do this a hemasphere at a time, eh? Central North America gets my vote for what you should look at next.

Rappy
2011-11-29, 01:10 AM
Alright, on that suggestion, the central lands of the Mississippi River's flow and the Great Lakes will be next.

At the moment, I'm feeling rather ill, but I managed to get some additions to the eastern North America section, including Kentucky, as well as the nanoshred to the east coast bestiary. When the next location's gazette goes up, you'll know the razorback and the last noteworthy East Coast locations have been edited into their posts as well.

Lea Plath
2011-12-05, 05:05 PM
I'm enjoying reading this, I wanna see what happened to Britain and Leeds :P

Moar please. And keep up the good work.

Story Time
2011-12-29, 01:46 PM
Some day...some way...I'll get a chance to roll dice for a D20 game. Until then, Thread: Subscribed! :smallbiggrin:

Get well soon, Rappy.

Rappy
2011-12-30, 12:30 PM
I know I said that I'd be doing the Great Lakes Region Gazette next, but with my grandmother having radiation treatments every weekday, I simply don't have as much time to think about that as I had thought. Instead, the next few updates to this thread will probably be things such as new traps, new equipment, generic NPCs, etc.

They'll all still be catalogued in order in the contents entry in post 1, though, so don't worry about having to hop around later.

radmelon
2011-12-30, 01:58 PM
Fair enough. Family does come first, after all.

Pokonic
2011-12-30, 04:10 PM
Indeed. Cannot worry about die rolling when there is a RL problem, eh? Hopefully, your grandmother will be okay. Radiation treatment is tough.:smallfrown:

radmelon
2012-02-08, 07:44 PM
What happened to Canada?

Rappy
2012-02-24, 07:15 AM
A question to the audience: while I'm working out the timeline stuff, what would you think about a less intensive post on supplemental material? Stuff that may be used in NPCs later if I feel like it, but are not necessary to players, from d20 Modern books other than the ones I feature in the first post?

Story Time
2012-02-24, 10:45 AM
Rappy should do what she feels is best for the thread. :smallbiggrin: If the next post will help serve Rappy's motivation to assemble more material, then maybe she should.

Rappy
2012-02-29, 11:59 PM
General thread update: I have started the 2014 entry of the timeline and completed the Blood and Guts: General Edition entry of the supplemental post. In addition, the East Coast Bestiary has a new entry: the previously mentioned but not before statted lindwyrm!

Rappy
2012-09-13, 05:45 PM
Hooray for the "Homebrew section allows the original poster to resurrect the thread in spite of the six month" rule!

Yes, MageWorld is back on track, and a new post will be up soon that starts information on the Mississippi Bay region.