PDA

View Full Version : Stan Lee on video..

dehro
2011-10-06, 01:33 PM
just in how many movies and TV shows has this man made a cameo?
I just saw him on "the guild"..I remember him on The Big Bang Theory, and trying to crash the wedding in fantastic four...and...

seriously.. it's funny and if anyone can, that is Stan Lee..
but..is anyone keeping track?
if he keeps this up he's going to become the next center of the Hollywood Universe

Gnoman
2011-10-06, 01:36 PM
I'm pretty certain he makes a cameo in every Marvel movie.

Mando Knight
2011-10-06, 01:36 PM
just in how many movies and TV shows has this man made a cameo?
I just saw him on "the guild"..I remember him on The Big Bang Theory, and trying to crash the wedding in fantastic four...and...

He's in all of the Marvel films, as far as I know. It's a bit of a running gag they've got.

Selrahc
2011-10-06, 01:42 PM
Stan Lee famously appears in a cameo in (almost) all Marvel films. He also had a quite big role in Mallrats, and has done several guest star roles in TV series including the ones you mentioned as well as the Simpsons, Futurama and many others.

If you want to seriously keep track, IMDB or Wikipedia might be a good place to start.

WalkingTarget
2011-10-06, 01:43 PM
He's in all of the Marvel films, as far as I know. It's a bit of a running gag they've got.

Close. He's in most of them, but not all. I don't remember him in X2, First Class, Wolverine, or in the Blade films. I don't think he was in Ghost Rider or Electra either (although I didn't actually see the latter).

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-06, 02:48 PM
Close. He's in most of them, but not all. I don't remember him in X2, First Class, Wolverine, or in the Blade films. I don't think he was in Ghost Rider or Electra either (although I didn't actually see the latter).

The Blade movies aren't really Marvel movies anyways.

Ghost Rider and Elektra likely go into Stan having no real part in creating them.

The latter X-men I would have said are a result of Marvel deciding to make its movies in-house and wanting the right back, which is part of why Wolverine and First Class exist anyways to see that the rights don't lapse. But he's apparently showing up in the new (and horrible looking by the trailer) Spidey one so...

X2 I would presume its someone having a brain about there being no room in the script for a comedic scene with an old man or something.

HFool
2011-10-06, 03:03 PM
X2 I would presume its someone having a brain about there being no room in the script for a comedic scene with an old man or something.

No, he was in it, at the beginning.

thompur
2011-10-06, 03:53 PM
Well, according to this site (http://www.the-numbers.com/people/), Stan is the highest grossing actor whose name begins with 'L'. In other words, the combined domestic gross for the films in which he appeared, is greater than any other actor whose last name begins with 'L'. :smallbiggrin:

WalkingTarget
2011-10-06, 04:39 PM
No, he was in it, at the beginning.

Where/when? IMDB doesn't list him, even in the trivia section (well, trivia does list him, as not being present).

Candle Jack
2011-10-06, 05:56 PM
Bart: Stan Lee came back?
Comic Book Guy: Stan Lee never left. I'm beginning to suspect his mind is no longer in mint condition.

He was also in Robot Chicken as a crazy, perverted old man. So, basically, his RL self. :smalltongue:

FoE
2011-10-06, 05:58 PM
I don't think he was in Daredevil.

HFool
2011-10-06, 06:00 PM
Where/when? IMDB doesn't list him, even in the trivia section (well, trivia does list him, as not being present).

Oh no, right, that was X3. Looking through google I see a forum post that says at the time he wouldn't do sequels, but he was in in that second Fantastic Four movie and, you know, forum post.

RedBeardJim
2011-10-06, 06:55 PM
I think he had a cameo as a bus driver in an episode of "Heroes".

leafman
2011-10-06, 11:04 PM
He also had his own show on the History channel called "Stan Lee's Superhumans". I don't think it got picked up for a second season though.

Tirian
2011-10-06, 11:36 PM
Do you guys not have IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498278/) where you live?

McStabbington
2011-10-07, 12:52 PM
He was also a major character in Marvel/DC's After Hours series by It'sJustSomeRandomGuy (http://www.youtube.com/user/ItsJustSomeRandomGuy?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/r-i7WzCm4YI).

Morph Bark
2011-10-08, 02:17 AM
Do you guys not have IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0498278/) where you live?

Why is IMBD differently-coloured in your post? :P

Tirian
2011-10-08, 02:24 AM
:smallconfused: Because it's a hypertext link to the IMDB page that lists every movie Stan Lee has been in.

Metahuman1
2011-10-09, 05:16 PM
I don't think he was in Daredevil.

He was. When Daredevil is telling you all about his Origin and first getting his powers, the actor they have playing him as a kid sticks his cane out and stops an old guy reading a news paper from stepping off the curve and right in front of a bus, which would have run him over. Stan Lee plays the old guy.

And I think Stan Lee was in the background somewhere at the Museum in X2 at the beginning of the movie.