PDA

View Full Version : Drive

Gorgondantess
2011-10-07, 09:16 PM
I just saw this today. Definitely not your typical action movie, and certainly not your typical summer movie. It was very slow, distanced, deliberate, and despite this- or maybe because of it- above all very, very engaging, especially during the 3rd act. The pacing was just about perfect.
I'd hesitate to call it an action movie, even. Yes, there are action scenes, and they are a defining part of the movie, but for the most part they're very quick and brutal- no fast paced music, no shaky camera, just death.
The whole thing had an almost dreamlike quality, and was very surreal at many times (with excellent lighting adding to the ambiance), and yet at other times- such as the aforementioned action scenes- it was very grim and brutally realistic.
On the whole, I'd say it's the best movie out this year- not that it's really had much competition. Has anyone else seen it? If not, I'd strongly advise you to do so, if the above seems like your kind of movie.

kpenguin
2011-10-07, 10:43 PM
I keep walking into these threads expecting Nathan Fillion. And then there is no Nathan Fillion. and I am sad.

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-08, 03:12 PM
Ok, kpenguin, it took a whole 5 seconds, but I found the other Drive thread from 2 weeks ago (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216475).

When I stepped into this thread I expected Nathan Fillion. I am sorely disappointed. Will not see movie.
:smalltongue: Everyone I know hated it too.