PDA

View Full Version : The Hubworld Log

Maxios
2011-10-10, 10:47 PM
Recently, I've started working on the Hubworld again. This time, from the ground up. Once it's done, I'm going to convert it into a PDF and sell it on drivethrurpg for $10. I'm going to post the updates of how the PDF is going, and also about various rules and what not in the PDF.

Entry One "The Basics"
In the first time I wrote out the rules for the Hubworl, the game used a 20 sided dice for most of it's rolls similar to Dungeons & Dragons. This time, most rolls are made using percentile dice. This effects combat heavily. In the first time I wrote the rules for the Hubworld, players would roll a 20-sided dice, add their attack bonus, and see if it's higher then their opponents AC/Reflex/Mind defense score.
This time, alongside the stats that appeared in the first version of the Hubworld (Strength, Endurance, Intelligence, Agility, Wisdom, Personality), there are three new stats called Melee Attack, Ranged Attack, and Power Attack. To make an attack, players roll the percentile dice. If it's under the relevant stat (Melee for close combat, Ranged for...ranged, and Power for spells or unusual things), you hit and roll damage.
Also, in the first version of the Hubworld; players would either select a class or create a class for themselves using a special set of rules. This time around, PCs are built using a point-build.
Things I've finished in the PDF so far:
The Cover
Ch. 1: Introduction