PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Power Up Feats by Level (PEACH)

deciusmus
2011-10-11, 10:06 PM
I’m working on a system for having feats scale with level. This is part of a larger homebrew project which is a bit amorphous but may end up as a classless variant of d20. This work is very much in progress although I’m hoping to use it in a game this spring.

My current thought – inspired in particular by Fax’s d20r and this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206091) by Quellian-dyrae is based on the idea of a set number of upgrades for each feat. Upgrades would be acquired in one of two ways:

A trigger – typically a level, BAB, or number of ranks in a skill. Any character that reaches the trigger and has the feat, or buys the feat after reaching the trigger, gains the upgrade for free.
Buying a feat upgrade. This would be in the form of a +N. For example, a character might buy Blind Fight +1, which would mean that if they would get one upgrade above the one they currently triggered to (or the 1st upgrade, if they had not triggered to any upgrade yet).

I would expect most feats to have either 3 upgrades (with the 1st one having a trigger) or 4 upgrades (with the first two having a trigger). This would mean that generally any feat would at most be bought to +2. Some more powerful feats would potentially have no triggerable upgrades.

I’m still brainstorming how to cost feat upgrades, but right now I'm thinking a mechanism where at every 3rd level starting and 2nd level you gain a feat upgrade for free, or a regular feat can be exchanged for 2 feat upgrades.

I'm looking in particular for ideas on refining the basic concept, although criticisms/opinions/improvements to these three sample feats are also welcome. Once I have the concept a bit more refined, I'll clean up the mess of ideas I have on the rest of the feats.

One minor flaw I see with the current system is that it tends to concentrate additional abilities on a few trigger levels (typically 5/10 or 6/12).

Here are three example feats that hopefully outline the idea.

Blind-Fight
Blind-Fight
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: In melee, every time you miss because of concealment, you can reroll your miss chance percentile roll one time to see if you actually hit.

An invisible attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you in melee. That is, you don't lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn't get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible. The invisible attacker's bonuses do still apply for ranged attacks, however.

You take only half the usual penalty to speed for being unable to see. Darkness and poor visibility in general reduces your speed to three-quarters normal, instead of one-half.

{table=head]Upgrade| Trigger | Prerequisite|Benefit
1st | 6th Level |
-- | You take no penalties to movement for darkness or poor visibility. Additionally, choose one:
Ignore miss chance of 20% or less from concealment
Re-roll miss chances from any source

2nd |12th Level|6th Level|Blindsense 40’
3rd |
-- |12th Level|Blindsight 40’, Blindsense 60’
4th |
--|17th level|Blindsight 60’, Blindsense 100’ – no line of effect needed for either
[/table]

Weapon Finesse
Weapon Finesse
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: With a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.

1st|Dex Mod +4|BAB +3|You may use Dexterity instead of Strength for your attack bonus on all to-hit rolls. If you carry a buckler, its armor check penalty does not apply to your attack rolls.

2nd|
--|BAB +6|Choose one: For a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain.

Apply your Dex bonus to damage rolls.
Apply your Int bonus to damage rolls.

3rd |
--|BAB +10| For all weapons, apply the stat you selected for upgrade 2. You may carry any shield (except a tower shield) with no penalty[/table]

Whirlwind Attack
Whirlwind Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, base attack bonus +4
Benefit: When you use the full attack action, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach. When you use the Whirlwind Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.

1st |BAB +10 |BAB +5 |You may take a 5’ step during your Whirlwind attack
2nd |BAB +15 |BAB +10 |Choose one:

If you drop a foe during a Whirlwind attack you may add +2 to your attack rolls for the rest of your attack. This stacks with itself, so if you drop two foes your attack on the third foe gains a +4
If you drop a foe during a Whirlwind attack you may roll your weapon damage twice on the remainder of your attacks. Do not apply any bonuses to the second damage roll. This stacks with itself, using the normal multiplication rules. For example, if you normally wield a greatsword doing 1d12+5 damage, and you drop a foe, all your remainining attacks do 2d12+5 damage. If you drop another foe, all your remaining attacks do 3d12+5 damage.

3rd |
--| BAB +15| You may make a Whirlwind attack as part of a charge.
4th|
--|BAB +20 |When you complete your whirlwind attack, you may choose to end up in any square that threatens any of the targets of your attack. This is an extraordinary teleportation ability.[/table]

Oh, by the way, hi. I’m new here although I’ve been lurking for a few months. Oh, and one question... What does PEACH mean?

Curious
2011-10-11, 10:16 PM
PEACH - Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly.

Looks good, although the trigger/prerequisite table looks a little awkward to me.

Yitzi
2011-10-12, 12:18 PM
The basic thing about having feats scale with level is that then feat-based classes become quadratic rather than linear (or cubic rather than quadratic). This can be useful (e.g. make only bonus fighter feats scale with level, to make warrior-types be quadratic just like casters are), but can also be dangerous (if the monsters don't also scale quadratically, the game becomes either too hard at early levels or too easy at late levels). So make sure you know what you're getting into.

Eldest
2011-10-12, 04:20 PM
If you carry a buckler, its armor check penalty does not apply to your attack rolls.
I don't think that the armor check penalty affects your attack rolls. Ever.
Could be wrong, though, I can't check the SRD right now.

deciusmus
2011-10-12, 04:40 PM
I don't think that the armor check penalty affects your attack rolls. Ever.

The SRD's description of Weapon Finesse is:

With a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.

(from http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#weaponFinesse)

I've never played this way, but I was basing this homebrew on SRD.

Looks good, although the trigger/prerequisite table looks a little awkward to me.

Can you elaborate?

Dr.Orpheus
2011-10-12, 05:21 PM
That is very cool i have been working on somthing quite close to that for about a month. the only difference is that you take a feat only once and then it will increase on its own unless you retrain for another feat witch can only be done on a level witch the bonus from the feat increases. i have left a small list of feats from my curently 60 page book of leveling feats. it is still a work in progress and i have not punctuated it very well but what can i say i am just a lazy writer. feel free to use any of my feats

General feats Anybody can take a general feat as long as they meet the prerequisites

Great fortitude
You have better fortitude than most
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus to fortitude and this bonus increases by 1 every 7 levels

Lightning reflexes
You have better reflexes than most
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus to reflexes and this bonus increases by 1 every 7 levels

Iron will
You have better will than most
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus to will and this bonus increases by 1 every 7 levels

Leadership
You are a natural leader
Prerequisites
12 cha, must have done something to earn popularity among a group of people or 5 ranks in bluff
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus on cha checks to attract followers this bonus increases by 1 every 6 levels unlike before there is no limit to the number or level of followers but you must convince each one to come with you for a commoner this is a cha check is DC 21 and is 3 higher for each additional level the NPC has and 4 higher if the NPC is asked to fight or perform dangerous tasks but the DC is reduced by 2 if you buy them food and lodging 1 more if you pay them or 2 if there pay is appropriate for there level and 3 if it is higher then appropriate fore there level

Cross culture
You grew up in a setting filled with another type of race
Prerequisites
1st level, human
Benefits
You may take racial feats as if you were another race after you may not retrain this feat

Huge stride
You’re lanky like the slenderman
Prerequisites
12 run, fleat of foot
Benefits
You may make a 10ft step as a 5ft if you have not yet moved and will not move later in your turn after 6 levels you may take a 10 ft step any time you could take a

Fleet of foot
You are a fast mother ****er
Prerequisites
Run
Benefits
Your movement increases by 5ft and will increase 5 more ft after 8 levels and if you are wearing medium, light or no armor and carrying a medium or lighter load you gain 5 more ft after 11 levels and if you are wearing light or no armor and carrying a light load you gain 5 more ft after 14 levels and if you carry nothing you gain 5 more ft after 17 levels and then 5 more ft after 19 levels

Run
You can sprint like a mother ****er
Prerequisites
Not a dwarf, 10 dex
Benefits
You can run at 5 X your movement speed 2 levels later doing so provides a +2 on jump checks

Endurance
You can sprint like a mother ****er
Prerequisites
Dwarf or 10 con
Benefits
You can make con checks to continue tiresome activity with a +1 bonus this bonus increases by 1 every 3 levels

Chatty bugger
You just never stop talking
Prerequisites
7 ranks in languistics
Benefit
You gain the ability to acquire a new language after only a few days of exposure after 4 levels you may converse freely with any animals, humanoids, and most magical creatures this does not extend to constructs, oozes, and similarly mindless or deeply alien creatures

Exit stage Left
A swift flanking maneuver or escape is a powerful asset in combat
Prerequisites
Fleet of foot, 1 rank in perform
Benefit
Once per day you may trade a swift action for a move action every 9 levels you may use this one additional time per day

Feign Death
You learn to “play dead” but with such precision and skill that you can fool even the keenest eye
Prerequisites
6 ranks in perform, 12 con
Benefit
As an immediate action you may attempt to feint instead of simply denying a target their Dex Bonus on your next attack you fall prone and attempt to convince all observers that you are dead you enter a state where it is very difficult to establish your life-signs a heal check vs. your perform check can beet it after 6 levels you remain conscious using this ability this effect has a duration of 1 minute per character level and after 12 levels you also fool divination effects of 4th level or lower when this state is ended you cannot attempt it again for 5 minutes

Slow and Steady
Walk slower don’t trip its that simple
Prerequisites
Endurance, 2 ranks in acrobatics
Benefit
If you would suffer being tripped you instead halve your move speed for 2 rounds after 1 level it is just 1 round

Raging justice
You rage for what’s right
Prerequisites
Lawful alignment
Benefits
You may take rage feats every 2 levels you get a adrenalin point

Intense training
You have learned to compensate for a lack a talent with harsh training
Prerequisites
Endurance
Benefits
Pick an ability score you may qualify for a feat as if that ability score was 2 higher

Poison immunity
You have developed a massive tolerance
Prerequisites
Must have a lethal dosage of a poison and use it up in taking this feat
Benefit
When taking this feat you become sickened for 1d2 days after witch you become immune to the chosen poison every 3 levels you may become sickened again and become immune to another poison

Ferocity
You can keep going when near death
Prerequisites
Endurance, 12 con
Benefit
When at negative Hp you may take a partial action each round for one round each per level you possess

Troubleshooter
You find trouble and shoot it
Prerequisites
1 rank in intimidate, some guild affiliation, proficient with a gun or crossbow
Benefit
When holding a gun or crossbow you gain a +1 bonus on intimidate checks and the DC of bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate checks made against you increases by 1 all of this increases by 1 every 7 levels

Race feats These feats all involve a particular race and are thus very restricted but have easy to meet prerequisites

Arcane gift
You were born with great magic potential
Prerequisites
Elf
Benefits
You learn a 1st level spell as a spell like ability every 9 levels you gain a 2nd level spell

Animal bond
You do weird things to your pets
Prerequisites
Elf
Benefits
You can spend 200 Gp to create an empathic link with an animal once per day you may make a DC 20 sense motive check to determine exactly what this animal is thinking this does not work on animals with intelligence scores of 3 or more you may have a number of links equal to your level

Joy of life
You have a life use it well
Prerequisites
Elf
Benefits
You don’t die until at -1.5 X your con score this decreases to -2 X your con score after 4 levels

Fey heritage
You have a history connected to nature
Prerequisites
Elf, level 1
Benefits
You may gain a +3 bonus to cha checks once per day and once more per day every 5 levels this does not effect other elves

Crouched combat
You are a knee chopping beast
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
Foes who attack you while you’re kneeling gain no benefit 4 levels later you gain a +1 bonus to CMB for tripping when in this position

Magical null
You are a magic resistant beast
Prerequisites
Dwarf, level 1
Benefits
Saves vs. spells are made with a +1 bonus this increases by 1 every 4 levels but all beneficial spells have a 10% chance of failing

Stone bones
You are built more like a rock then most people said to be built like rocks
Prerequisites
Dwarf, level 1
Benefits
You gain 1 bludgeoning resistance this is increased by 1 every 4 levels

Armored mage
You got that affinity metal
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
You always have a arcane spell failure of 5% even if you don’t have armor but all heavy armors arcane spell failure is reduced by 5% and 10% after 8 levels

Goblin slayer
You short but use your weight to fight smaller opponents
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
Small sized creatures lose there bonus to AC against you after 4 level small creatures lose there bonus to attack as well after 8 levels any creature smaller than you loses there bonuses to AC and attack against you after 12 levels you deal 1 point of extra damage on melee attacks against creatures smaller then you for each size category smaller they are

Ancestral enemy
You are a orc chopping beast
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
You gain a + 1 bonus to attack rolls made on orcs or goblins this bonus increases by 1 every 8 levels

Contact shot
You are great at using crossbows in melee
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
Firing a crossbow does not provoke an AoO and every 5 levels you gain a +1 bonus to attacks made on adjacent foes with a crossbow

Deepblood
You have good darkvision
Prerequisites
Dwarf, level 1
Benefits
You get a + 1 to perception to see things with your darkvision this increases by 1 every 4 levels

Deepsight
You have reaching darkvision
Prerequisites
Dwarf, deepblood
Benefits
The range of your darkvision increases by 10 ft every 3 levels

Giant wrangler
The bigger they are the harder they fall
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
You gain a +1 dodge bonus vs. opponents larger than you per size category of difference this bonus increases by 1 every 4 levels

Professional dwarf
You are good at everything a dwarf is good at
Prerequisites
Dwarf
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus to mining and any crafting involving metal this bonus increases by 1 every 9 levels

Adroitly agile
You have a knack for nimbleness
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
You may take 20 on a reflex save once per day and take 1d6 subdual damage after and 1 more time per day after 7 levels

Chef extraordinaire
You have a knack for cooking
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
You may use any thing edible to make a nutritious meal after 2 levels your cooking provides a +2 synergy bonus to heal checks

Jaded tastes
You have meals more fearsome then orcs
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
You gain a +1 bonus vs. fear every 6 levels after you gain a +1 bonus vs. ingested poisons

From fear to flight
You can run from the cops, orcs, giants ect.
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
Any fear effect that prohibits movement such as cowering lets you move as normal after 4 levels any fear effect that demands movement such as panicked allows you to run at your movement X5 or X6 if you have the run feat

Natural thief
You have a knack for taking things
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
You may take 20 on a slight of hand check once per day and take to steal somthing damage after and 1 more time per day after 7 levels

Perfidious storytelling
You have a knack for stories
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
After telling a story taking at least 5 min you give a listener a +1 synergy bonus to a skill check related to the story this bonus increases by 1 every 5 levels

Uncommon sense
Your mama didn’t raise no fools
Prerequisites
Halfling
Benefits
You may add your wis mod instead of another ability score mod on any roll once per day and 1 more time per day after 7 levels

Burrowmastery
Digy digy hole
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
You gain a burrow speed of 5ft this can only be done when equipped with a pick and may be used in any substance softer than average rock this speed becomes 10ft after level 6

Earthen kinship
You have a bond with moles
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
You gain the ability to speak with burrowing animals after 3 levels you may talk to any land animal

Houndblooded
You have a good nose
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
You gain a +1 on perception checks involving sent this bonus increases by 1 every 4 levels

Innovator
You are the tech guy
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
Gain a +1 to knowledge checks this bonus increases by 1 every 7 levels

Jewelhart gnome
You’re going to be rich
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
You gain a +2 bonus to craft when gem cutting after 9 levels the time involved is halved after 18 levels the product sells for 1.5 X more

Olfactory alchemy
I would not drink that if I were you
Prerequisites
Gnome, houndblooded
Benefits
You gain the ability to determine the effects of a potion by smell the price of this potion must be less then your level + ranks in perception the result is determined in one minute

Scrutinizing
You use logic to see trough illusions
Prerequisites
Gnome
Benefits
By taking a 5 penalty you may add your int mod to a will save to see trough an illusion the penalty deceases by 1 every level until it reaches a minimum of 1

Elven hatred
You hate elves it’s only natural
Prerequisites
Orc
Benefits
You gain a +1 on attacks made on elves after 4 levels you gain +1 damage on elves

Grotesque
Even you human parent was ugly
Prerequisites
Orc
Benefits
You have a -2 penalty to cha and apply your cha mod to intimidate as a positive number after 5 levels foes affected by intimidate are shaken after 10 levels foes affected by intimidate are cowering

Almost tall enough to ride
You are almost as tall enough to use giant weapons
Prerequisites
20 str, Orc or half giant
Benefits
You may wield weapons as if you were a size larger but you must were a shoulder, elbow, and back brace to avoid brakeage of your joints the price of such items are very little but you or the person putting the brace on you must have 1 rank in heal and it takes 1 minute to complete if the brace in not worn you only apply half your str mod to attack and damage

Combat feats These feats relate mostly to combat but are available to anyone who meets the prerequisites

Dodge
You missed me
Prerequisites
12 dex
Benefit
You gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC or reflex saves from a single attack a round this bonus applies to an additional attack every 9 levels the dodge bonus will increase by 1 every 10 levels

Mobility
You can run circles around most foes
Prerequisites
14 dex, dodge
Benefits
You gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC when receiving attacks of opportunity this dodge bonus will increase by 1 every 4 levels

Pointblank shot
There right in front of you how can you not hit them
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 1
Benefits
You gain a +1 precision bonus to hit when making ranged attacks this bonus will increase by 1 every 4 levels and only applies within the first range increment

Far shot
There no longer right in front of you can still hit them
Prerequisites
Point blank shot, 2 ranks in perception
Benefits
Your range increment increases by 10ft when making ranged attacks this bonus will increase by 10ft every 4 levels

Rapid shot
Machine gun bow
Prerequisites
Point blank shot
Benefits
You gain a extra attack at your full base attack bonus and all attacks suffer a -2 penalty every 9 levels you gain another attack and the penalty to attack doubles

Improved unarmed strike
You can punch a tree in to nice neat cubes
Prerequisites
10 wis, 10 str, proficiency with fists
Benefits
Your fists deal lethal damage

Improved critical
Decapitation is the only word in your dictionary
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 7, weapon focus
Benefits
You add 1 to the treat range of all attacks with weapons that you have weapon focus with the threat range increases by 1 more after 11 levels this bonus does stack but not with any magic bonus

Expert chicken
People are afraid of when you are afraid
Prerequisites
12 dex, small size
Benefits
When shaken the penalty you receive to your reflex save is instead a +1 bonus after 1 level when frightened you may choose to fight defensively instead of flee after 2 levels when panicked your movement increases by 10 ft and you do not drop what your holding after 3 levels when cowering you may fight defensively with an extra +2 cover bonus to AC after 4 levels you may voluntarily enter (but not exit) any state of fear when fighting an opponent of equal or greater CR to your level without assistance

Fencing stance
You do just fine without your left arm
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 1, accurate attack
Benefits
When you have a free hand you may tuck it behind your back giving you a +1 cover bonus to AC this bonus increases by 1 every 9 levels

Elusive offence
You got technique to back you up in close range combat against a stronger foe
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 1, 12 dex, 14 str
Benefits
You may add your dex to CMB checks instead of str after 5 levels you add str and dex

Weapon master
Axe or sword what’s the difference
Prerequisites
Weapon focus, weapon specialization, improved critical
Benefits
All feats that increase your skill with a weapon also apply the same benefits to another weapon every 3 levels

Back to the wall
Due to your fear of death you bring death to all you fear
Prerequisites
Endurance or human
Benefits
You gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC when at less then half your total Hp 2 levels later you gain a +1 bonus to attacks and 3 levels later you gain a +1 bonus on spell checks

Absorb blast
You defend others from fireballs
Prerequisites
14 dex, Bodyguard
Benefits
You can take half the damage an adjacent ally would take from an area effects once a round and once more a level

Accurate attack
You are a dex fighter with a two handed weapon
Prerequisites
12 dex, base attack bonus of 5
Benefits
You may use your dex mod instead of str mod to attack rolls with a single melee attack each round you can make one more such attack each round every 3 levels

All-out attack
Your either all in or you fold
Prerequisites
12 str
Benefits
You may choose to gain a +1 to attack and-4 dodge penalty the attack bonus will increase by 1 every 5 levels

Dual wield
You got 2 at once
Prerequisites
16 dex
Benefits
You may use two weapons reducing there penalties by 1 and 1 more for every 2 levels to a minimum of 0

Armor focus
You defend yourself best in your favored armor
Prerequisites
12 dex
Benefits
Your max dex in your chosen armor this increases by 1 after 7 levels you gain 1 a +1 armor bonus

Armor penetration
Your strikes pierce deep
Prerequisites
12 str
Benefits
Your strikes deal 1 point of extra damage if you strike someone with an armor bonus or natural armor bonus if the creature is made of metal this bonus increases by one every 7 levels you get a +1 bonus to hit such creatures

Favored enemy
You hate them more than is necessary
Prerequisites
Blood oath, base attack bonus of 1
Benefits
The bonus you get from blood oath is applied to a race of creatures instead of a single one after 12 levels it is applied to a creature type

Armor vigilance
You suit up quick
Prerequisites
14 dex
Benefits
The time it takes you to don armor is 75% of the normal time after 6 levels it takes 50% the normal time

Pommel pummeling
You can use a big weapon in close quarters
Prerequisites
Weapon specialization
Benefits
Now you may use the chosen weapon while grappling or being swallowed after 3 levels you get a +1 to CMD in a grapple

Grab twist and pull
You add more diversity to your fighting style
Prerequisites
Accurate attack, weapon focus
Benefits
Your weapon of choice now counts as a trip or disarm weapon after 6 levels it counts as both

Combo
You may gain bonus on attacks for succeeding other attacks
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 6, attack focus
Benefits
You may make a signal attack that can not be benefiting from attack focus and half the number you exceed there AC by is added to your next attack roll if the attack is made on the same target this ability can be used a number of rounds in a row equal to 1 +1 per 4 levels

C-C-C-Combo breaker
If they keep spamming the same move over and over you will learn to avoid it
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 6, dodge
Benefits
For every time an opponent successfully hits you in a row you get a +1 AC after witch this bonus leaves but this bonus can not grow higher than 1 +1 per 3 levels

Armor specialization
You can maneuver well in your armor
Prerequisites
Armor focus
Benefits
Now and every 6 levels after your armor check penalty decreases by 1 in your chosen armor

Swirling charge
You can maneuver at high speeds
Prerequisites
Improved bull rush, 12 dex
Benefits
Now you can turn up to 5 degrees in a charge every 2 levels it increases by 5 degrees

Improved bull rush
You can push them back to the wall
Prerequisites
14 str, base attack bonus of 1
Benefits
You ignore the first AoO made against you during a bull rush and every 9 levels after you get a +1 bonus to CMB made to perform a bull rush

Improved trip
You can grab there legs and be off sooner then a thief would with there gold
Prerequisites
10 dex, 12 str, base attack bonus of 1
Benefits
You may ignore the first AoO made on you during a trip attack after 7 levels the target provokes the AoO instead

Improved disarm
You can send there sword flying
Prerequisites
12 str, 10 dex, base attack bonus of 1
Benefits
You may make a disarm attempt and ignore the first AoO you would suffer but after 10 levels you may hold the disarmed weapon in your off hand or choose witch space the weapon lands in

Deflect arrows
You defend yourself from arrows with your weapon
Prerequisites
Weapon focus, lightning reflexes, 12 dex
Benefits
You may use make a reflex save DC 20 + the enhancement bonus of the attack+4 per previous ranged attack this round and +4 if the projectile is from a firearm if you succeed you avoid all damage from that attack after 6 levels the DC only increases by 3 per previous ranged attack in a volley of arrows you take 1 less arrows worth of damage

Mighty throw
Your throw is brutal
Prerequisites
14 str, throwing weapon proficiency
Benefits
You may add your str to attack rolls with throwing weapons and after 6 levels you add dex too

Cotton cage
Your sleeves are a great asset in battle
Prerequisites
Cloak fighting, improved disarm
Benefits
You may disarm your opponent with your cloak if you have nothing in your off hand you count as if you have a light weapon in your hand after 6 levels you count as if you have a 1 handed weapon

Assassin
You walk up and kill the innocent unsuspecting man just to get it out of the way in case you need to later
Prerequisites
Attack focus, 5 ranks in stealth
Benefits
You may increase your threat range with a melee weapon by 1 on a flat footed target this increases to 2 after 8 levels this does not stack with improved critical or keen weapons you may only make one attack doing this but attack focus does not apply

Arrow shield
You can block arrows headed toward your allies
Prerequisites
14 dex, bodyguard, deflect arrows
Benefit
You may deflect an arrow from hitting an adjacent ally by increasing the DC by 4 you may decease the penalty by 1 every 2 levels to a minimum of 1

Attack focus
You defend yourself best in your favored armor
Prerequisites
Base attack bonus of 6
Benefits
You may make a single attack with a +1 bonus per attack given up this bonus increases to +2 per attack after 3 levels and +3 per attack after 6 levels

Flurry of blows
You swing a weapon like a machine gun
Prerequisites
14 dex, base attack bonus of 3
Benefits
You may attack an extra time and take a -4 penalty on all attacks every 3 levels the penalty decreases by 1 to a minimum of 1

Blind-flight
You can see with your ears
Prerequisites
4 ranks in perception
Benefits
You may roll twice to ignore concealment after 2 levels you suffer no penalty to AC when attacked by an invisible foe after 4 levels ground you can’t see is no longer difficult terrain

Evasion
You can escape the wizards flaming infernos with only 3 beard hairs singed
Prerequisites
12 dex, base reflex save of 2
Benefits
When targeted by a spell that allows a reflex save to take half or partial effect you instead ignore the effect entirely if this effect is an area effect you must be on the outer edge of the area to gain this benefit after 10 levels you take half damage from all non-area affecting damage effects if you fail

Blood oath
None **** with you and live
Prerequisites
Must have suffered a great injustice
Benefits
You may select a person you know the name of who has wronged you, your family, or your race you gain a +1 attack, damage, CMB, and CMD bonus fighting this opponent the damage bonuses increase by 1 every 4 levels you are unsuccessful at killing that opponent after he is dead you may select someone else

Demolition
Your strikes can destroy a lot of property
Prerequisites
Fracture, 16 str
Benefits
Against stationary unattended objects

Deflect attack
Instead of blocking you attack the opponents attack
Prerequisites
14 str, 16 dex, power attack, sunder
Benefits
When you are attacked you may sunder your attackers weapon do this before your opponent rolls for damage and the AC to hit the weapon is the attack roll of the opponent +6 per previous attack if your attack breaks your foes weapon then all of the attacks damage is ignored every 9 levels the increase in AC for every previous attack is lessened by 1

Defensive roll
You can avoid most of what would normally be unavoidable
Prerequisites
14 dex, base reflex save of 4, evasion
Benefits
When an attack would normally bring you to 0 Hp or less then you instead retain 1 Hp so long as you make a reflex save VS damage dealt after 6 levels you take half damage on a successful save if it would leave you with more Hp after 12 levels you take no damage on a successful save this is not effected by evasion and if it is used more than once per day you become fatigued

Bodyguard
Meat shield supreme
Prerequisites
12 dex, 14 con
Benefits
You may stand in the same space as a willing ally and you give that ally you share a space with your armor bonus and shield bonus and you lose these bonuses but after 6 levels you may retain your shield bonus while defending your ally with it

Diving strike
You are always the first in to battle
Prerequisites
12 dex, 14 str, 3 ranks in acrobatics
Benefits
When charging you may make an acrobatics check you move 5ft per 5 you beat the DC of 10 by after you move this distance you may attack if you reach your target if not you are prone and stop your charge but you may use your acrobatics check in place of AC VS AoO’s you provoke during the portion of your charge you are tumbling if your tumble check beats your targets AC you get a +3 to attack instead of a +2 but this bonus will increase by 1 every 5 levels

Diving for cover
Get out the way man
Prerequisites
12 dex, base reflex save
Benefits
You may stand in the same space as a willing ally and you give that ally you share a space with your armor bonus and shield bonus and you lose these bonuses but after 6 levels you may retain your shield bonus while defending your ally with it

Cloak fighting
The kids these days and there baggy cloaks
Prerequisites
16 dex, dodge
Benefits
You gain the benefits of one quarter cover when fighting with nothing in your off hand and a baggy cloak this increases to after 6 levels you take a +2 to hit

Body combat
Kick them while they are to busy looking at your weapon
Prerequisites
16 dex, improved unarmed strike
Benefits
You gain the benefits of dual wield with one weapon and a unarmed strike this strike may a kick, knee, or head butt allowing you to use a great sword and kick this does not stack with normal dual wield

Bull strike
You got knocked the **** back
Prerequisites
16 str, 12 dex, base attack bonus of 4, improved bull rush
Benefits
After dealing a number damage equal to one half a foes health you may make a free bull rush attempt after 4 levels you only need to take out a quarter of your opponents health to activate this affect

The bigger they are
An enemy taller than you has his weak spots at eye level
Prerequisite
Small or tiny size
Benefit
When attacking a creature one or more size category larger than you add +1 damage per size category of difference per 8 levels

Curious
2011-10-12, 05:24 PM
The SRD's description of Weapon Finesse is:

(from http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#weaponFinesse)

I've never played this way, but I was basing this homebrew on SRD.

Can you elaborate?

Sure; it'd be easier to abolish the 'trigger' and 'upgrade' tables and just put down at what level they gain another upgrade.

Dr.Orpheus
2011-10-12, 07:19 PM
Sure; it'd be easier to abolish the 'trigger' and 'upgrade' tables and just put down at what level they gain another upgrade.

i second this it will save a lot of time

YouLostMe
2011-10-12, 07:30 PM
Did someone mention scaling feats? (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Races_of_War_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29/Warriors_with_Style#The_Failure_of_Feats)