PDA

View Full Version : My Horrific Alice in Wonderland RPG

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-14, 08:29 PM
I'm working on a game called Wonderland (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NiuQ0lDIhUjbyVVl3cTuY7hFoUPZoMuBAkkl2RlMyfI/edit?hl=en_US), which blends the classic works of Lewis Carrol with Lovecraftian horror, imagery that looks like something out of Hellraiser or Silent Hill, and several concepts from the amazing JAGS Wonderland (http://www.jagsrpg.org/jags/content/Wonderland.pdf). It is also heavily influenced by American McGee's Alice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGees_Alice) and its sequel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice:_Madness_Returns).

Its system has a core mechanic inspired Grimm RPG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimm_(role-playing_game)), a damage system inspired by Savage Worlds (http://www.peginc.com/), and several other features based on the mechanics of Basic Roleplaying (http://catalog.chaosium.com/index.php?cPath=37&osCsid=618b76de465953e36ab7af405702e891).

Constructive feedback and criticism are highly appriciated.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-14, 10:02 PM
No comments? Why? :smallfrown:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-16, 03:10 PM
I added a few more pages of content. Still no comments?

fizzybobnewt
2011-10-17, 02:54 PM
Possibly everyone assumes your sig still links to the Stain.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 05:00 AM
It sounds like a nice setting, and one I'd like to play in. Would you have any interest in GMing a game of this on here?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-18, 02:23 PM
It sounds like a nice setting, and one I'd like to play in. Would you have any interest in GMing a game of this on here?

I would love to, once I finish the game. If you want to play, I reccomend you don't read it.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 02:29 PM
Yep. I stopped at the point marked 'GMs only', though I did read enough to make a character.

One small nitpick, though: Why is it that Multi-Tasker is limited to female characters?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-18, 04:04 PM
One small nitpick, though: Why is it that Multi-Tasker is limited to female characters?
Because, in my experience, women are much better multi-taskers.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 04:16 PM
Perhaps make it take an extra slot? Most women may be better multi-taskers, but it probably shouldn't completely exclude the possibility that a man might also be one.

That said, it's your game, and the point is moot in my case anyway, as my character is female, but she doesn't have it in favor of others.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-18, 04:30 PM
Perhaps make it take an extra slot? Most women may be better multi-taskers, but it probably shouldn't completely exclude the possibility that a man might also be one.

I'll do that. Probably in a few hours though, because my school's Wi-Fi blocks Google Docs for some reason. Actually, I'm surprised it doesn't block this. I'm not technically allowed to be doing anything but research right now.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-18, 04:32 PM
Probably they didn't want to set it up so that everything has to be whitelisted before you can use it, as that could cause problems with valid research sites they missed, and they haven't needed to add this to the blacklist.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-24, 09:58 PM
I've been getting a lot of work done on this, and a my associate has been doing a lot of sketching. I'm also working on a logo. Was thinking about setting the game apart from its "parent" by making the default setting Victorian England.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-26, 10:19 PM
I added a bunch of point-form notes at the end, which I will later turn into nice, readable paragraphs. Why am I not getting more comments?

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-26, 10:23 PM
You'd be getting more from me, but you warned me off reading past the character creation rules if I want to play.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-26, 10:43 PM
You'd be getting more from me, but you warned me off reading past the character creation rules if I want to play.

Alright. How do you feel about the Victorian London thing?

Othesemo
2011-10-26, 11:00 PM
Just a thought- you may want to proofread this quite a bit. For example, you state, and I quote "Wisdom represents willpower, common sense, observation skills, common sense, and deeper understanding."

Kuma Kode
2011-10-27, 02:16 PM

That said, it's your game, and the point is moot in my case anyway, as my character is female, but she doesn't have it in favor of others.

Yeah, it sticks out like a sore thumb. No other perk or quirk is gender-locked, and it really doesn't make sense for it to be. Sure, statistically speaking women are generally better at multi-tasking, but men are also generally more athletic, but I don't see that perk being gender-locked.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-28, 02:30 PM
Near the front of the book, I wrote an introductory story, which it is safe for players to read.

Also, Cody (who was doing art) has left the project for personal reasons. I am looking for a new artist.

Lady Serpentine
2011-10-28, 04:14 PM
I'll read over it when I'm on a computer that will view google docs again. Expect comments soonish.

Iceforge
2011-10-28, 04:28 PM
Firstly, I got to throw myself in with the others in the talk about the multi-tasker perk.

Making it restricted to female characters only is discriminating in nature.

I know a general rule of thumb in society and specially in roleplaying games, is that discrimination is "sort of okay" as long as it goes towards men.

That doesn't make it the right thing to do, however, men can be excellent multi-taskers, unless you want to argue or insinuate that men cannot be multi-taskers, you should remove the restriction.

Now, reading through character generation:

Step 1:

How important are concepts to the gameplay?
I imagine they are very important, seeing how this game seems to build on horror, in which a more fleshed out character really becomes important.

However, the concept part of character creation does not reflect this; It simply tells the player to make up a concept and think about who they are, but gives no reward or incentives for doing so well.

Now, I don't have a suggestion on what to do right now (honestly, just reading character generation for now, would have to read it more throughoutly to make functional suggestions), but with some sort of reward for doing an interesting concept that is well fleshed out would be a bonus to the game in my opinion

Step 2:

I like the layout of this section, each statistic having first what it represents, then what it is usefull for, and then examples of someone with 2 and someone with 7 in the statistic.

Except the already double mention of common sense under Wisdom, I see no problems with this section.

Step 3:

Looks good, I would consider removing the "also" from "also rounded down" after the speed calculation.
It just seems more like someone speaking to you then an instruction, when you include the "also"

Step 4:

Why do you suddenly switch from "you" to "they" under Rich?
It seems very out of place and makes the section harder to read.
See start of this post for my view on multi-tasker
Maybe sort this section in some way, like alphabetically, so it is easier to find a specific perk, or sort them into physical, social and mental perks, or both.

Step 5:

Does Nonathletic have any mechanical influence?'
See Step 4 for my views on sorting this section as well

Step 6:

Should handguns be dealing (2 x the dexterity check to hit), which is what it is currently saying, or should they deal (2 x (Dexterity check to hit - targets dexterity)).
As it is written now, someone with a high dexterity is hit less, but any hit is a massive one.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-28, 07:17 PM
Is anyone interested in doing art for the project? I can't draw very well at all, and the current artist quit.

Kurtmuran
2011-10-29, 11:34 AM
Is anyone interested in doing art for the project? I can't draw very well at all, and the current artist quit.

im interested in your project couse i want to made a special game for the halloween days but no one enter to it also i can draw

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-10-29, 12:46 PM
im interested in your project couse i want to made a special game for the halloween days but no one enter to it also i can draw

Huh? I think you said you are interested in doing art. Could you please show me some of your drawings?

Leliel
2011-11-11, 12:18 PM
Just a bump, so Muse isn't discouraged. I like JAGS Wonderland, and this seems an interesting spin.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-11-11, 02:05 PM
Just a bump, so Muse isn't discouraged. I like JAGS Wonderland, and this seems an interesting spin.

Sorry I haven't been doing much work on the game lately. I've been busy with school, and I'm making a website for something. I should get back on track soon.

TSED
2011-11-12, 03:28 AM
Alright. How do you feel about the Victorian London thing?

Maaaan, I hate Victorian London. Mostly I hate everything about the victorian era, and London was the cultural capital of the world, soooo... Yeah. Why do people like anything about it, anyway?

*I recognize that I am an outlyer and you may not wish to change your game around one strange person from the internet.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-11-20, 06:56 PM
I just added quite a lot of content, and am probably adding more as you read this. Check it out. You can watch me write in real-time if you're lucky.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-13, 04:37 PM
I added some more stuff. I really hope people are still interested. I'm staring to lose hope.

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-13, 06:32 PM
I am, but I'm still on a computer that won't access google docs. :smallfrown:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-13, 08:57 PM
I am, but I'm still on a computer that won't access google docs. :smallfrown:

Have you tried using a different browser?

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-13, 09:27 PM
Not yet... I'll try that out.

Zale
2011-12-13, 10:22 PM
This is really cool. Extremely interesting.

I read on into the GMing section (Because I never really play horror games anyway..)

Halo is listed twice under Twists.

Also, when describing Naughts, it says that Naught heads are like fleshy donuts.. supporting their heads. I think the second head should be neck.

So Naughts look like normal people with big flat circular heads? Because you may want to clarify on that.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-13, 11:09 PM
Halo is listed twice under Twists.

Also, when describing Naughts, it says that Naught heads are like fleshy donuts.. supporting their heads. I think the second head should be neck.

So Naughts look like normal people with big flat circular heads? Because you may want to clarify on that.

I meant that their heads are like donuts on their side. Facing forward.

I can't think of a good way to explain it in the book.

Tvtyrant
2011-12-14, 03:15 AM
I know that this sounds silly, but do you think you could add a table of contents to the front? It would make maneuvering through it easier. Eventually also an Index so I can look up terms.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2011-12-16, 02:53 PM
I just added a bunch of stuff on naughts. They didn't end up like I planned them to, but I ended up fascinating myself. Check it out.

Zale
2011-12-16, 03:08 PM
It should probably be neck, not neack.

The naughts seem.. insane. :smalleek:

Zigwat
2012-03-19, 12:00 AM
If there is a game going on for this I really want to know.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-19, 12:16 AM
If there is a game going on for this I really want to know.

The game isn't finished. I'll probably get around to finishing it at some point. I also need an artist.

Zigwat
2012-03-19, 11:28 PM
I would be happy to help, though I am not an artist, I could help with some of the contents of the RPG. What other sections do you need help with?

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-20, 12:15 AM
Id be interested as a playtester! And if your looking for an artist, maybe request someone from the arts and crafts thread?

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 01:01 AM
Alright that's two! We can put together a test game and see what else could be added through that. I've found that to be an effective way to create a good game.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 09:37 AM
Alright that's two! We can put together a test game and see what else could be added through that. I've found that to be an effective way to create a good game.

It would be great if you could put together a game. I would follow it, and learn from how it goes.

Also, if you have any content, please send it to me.

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 09:55 AM
I'd be interested in playtesting this too, so mark me down if there's still space open...

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 10:00 AM
It would be best if anyone who would be playing as opposed to GMing had not read the GMs section ...

Also, I'm considering changing the entire system to this (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1emvEF2lF7cFLcFLJEkXWXeb71Yq7T6uULOyCIuNHpKk/edit).

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 10:34 AM
Was that directed at me? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't, or if I have, it was long enough ago that I don't remember doing so....

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 11:32 AM
Was that directed at me? Because I'm pretty sure I haven't, or if I have, it was long enough ago that I don't remember doing so....

It was more of a general statement. The point of the game is fear of the unknown and horrific bewilderment.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 05:53 PM
I would be happy to GM. Just give me a cue.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 06:28 PM
I would be happy to GM. Just give me a cue.

Start a thread whenever you like. All I ask is that you link me so I can follow.

Pokonic
2012-03-20, 06:33 PM
Just saying that this looks.... pretty darn interesting. I simply must steal Chessbord 4 next time I ever get my NWoD group, and as said above, anything with a civilization built on what seems to by insane high school shenigans deserves to be used. :smalltongue:

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 07:30 PM
Alright, I am currently creating a thread as we speak! If you wish to join this RPG thread, just download the pdf of this and create a character on this thread. I would prefer we keep this to four players, five at the very most. I'll retain a spot for you, Twilight, since this is indeed your creation. Other than that, I wish you all the very best, and if you don't get a spot on this RPG, we could talk about getting yourself a thread of this same game.

So make your characters and lets have some fun! :D

The gaming table awaits

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12930848#post12930848

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 08:09 PM
I'm probably going to run a game at some point. One featuring modern-day collage students.

Also, Zigwat, would you mind if I joined your game? I know I have knowledge of the setting, but I wouldn't meta-game. I just want to see my game in play.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 08:34 PM
Katherine Robinson
Katherine grew up rich and lonely. She has diamond earrings, but her friends were superficial. She had the finest of private educations, but her parents were distant. In her mid twenties, still living with her parents, she became depressed and decided to leave home.

Now she lives in the city, trying new things and making bad decisions. She is shocked by all of the depravity and poverty she has witnessed there, having lived such a sheltered life. Katherine has also developed a gambling habit.

Str 5; Dex 5; Con 6; Int 7; Wis 6; Cha 4
Toughness 8; Speed 6
Perks: Rich, Lucky
Quirks: Phobia (Snakes)
Equipment: Money x3, Snacks, Book

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 08:44 PM
I'll retain a spot for you, Twilight, since this is indeed your creation.

:P Of course!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 08:48 PM
:P Of course!

In what era of history does the game take place? Also, will my hcaracter be acceptable?

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 08:48 PM
One has to download a PDF? :smallconfused: I'm only seeing a Google Docs thing.

Pokonic
2012-03-20, 08:49 PM
Mind if I join in on the fun?

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 08:52 PM
One has to download a PDF? :smallconfused: I'm only seeing a Google Docs thing.

I think he was wrong about that. Just read the player section of the doc.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 09:05 PM
You have the option of downloading it as a PDF. And as for the era of history I'm thinking somewhere in the late 1800's. I'm trying to edit the first post, since it doesn't really seem to take place then after I gave it a good look-over. Just keep that setting in mind in your first post and I will change it as it seems fit.

As for your character, make sure she spends that money GAMBLING! :smallwink:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 09:11 PM
You have the option of downloading it as a PDF. And as for the era of history I'm thinking somewhere in the late 1800's. I'm trying to edit the first post, since it doesn't really seem to take place then after I gave it a good look-over. Just keep that setting in mind in your first post and I will change it as it seems fit.

As for your character, make sure she spends that money GAMBLING! :smallwink:

Of course. England, right?

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Bradford, England.

Pokonic, go ahead and make a character.
C'nor, you too :)
Vixsor! Come on in.

Were you interested too, Zale?

Grimsage Matt
2012-03-20, 09:43 PM
Matt Rosengrim
Matt a librarian, Who likes books more then people, becuse he belives in only one thing. Knowledge is power. He aquiired this drive to gain knowledge of all sorts becuse of something his teachers quoted: "There is only one Good, Knowledge, and one Evil, Ignorance." Distaining the Vain and shallow people that refuse to put aside their short lived delusions of beauty and wealth for the pursuit of truth, he is unafraid delve into the mists of the past, in order to preserve it from the ravages of human forgetfullness.

STR 2; DEX 2; CON 6; INT 9; WIS 7; CHA 6
Toughness 7, Speed 5
Perks;Zen, Awakened Mind
Quirks; Antisocial.
Equipment; Runed Knife, Journal, Library card.

Perks; Awakened mind-http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Gift:_an_Alternative_to_%22Psionics%22_(3.5e_V ariant_Rule), but has no effect until Infected.

Quirks; Dark Enlightenment-Knowing the truth is rarely plesent, when the world is the way it is, even more so. The quirk makes the one who has it give off a cynical arua, that gives them a -1 penalty to social intteractions, and makes them seem like their a know-it-all.
Time Lost-Those who are traped in wonderland learn that not only is space erratic, but so is TIME. They could have been traped there for what seemed like years, but was merely seconds, or seconds, but it was centuries. Depending on how long they where trapped, They can have the lesser, moderate or greater one. Lesser- only a small amount of time was misplaced, other then feeling that something went missing, and uneassiness, nothing happens. Moderate- A larger chunk of time went missing. People could have been looking for them for weeks, or they could have been "Gone" for years and yet no time what so ever has passed. The former ones effects are social, and the latter one breeds mental imbalance, paranoia and the know the worlds far diffrent then it seems to be.... Greater- Entire Centuires have passed. The social and spoken implications seem obvious.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 09:47 PM
Your character sounds a little over-powered. You need to tone him down slightly and explain a little more about this manipulation of reality. In fact, your character doesn't even sound all that human. "Dark Enlightenment"? Was this guy meant to be a villain?

Grimsage Matt
2012-03-20, 10:03 PM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Gift:_an_Alternative_to_%22Psionics%22_(3.5e_V ariant_Rule), and i was going for that Guy who know slightly more about whats going on, and the term Dark Enlightenment sound cooler the "You've reached enlightenment and instead of the universe being a rational, ordered place with some choas, it's the far realms in disguise"

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 10:09 PM
The point of this game is to start out with normal characters and do the cross-over to Wonderland as the game progresses. You can have him be a book worm and have great intelligence but as for him being a dark entity who knows great dark secrets and be able to warp reality with his mind is just not acceptable. Your character seems more like the kind of thing that you work your way into.

Make him a normal, sociopath librarian who generally doesn't like people and joins cult followings of dark things. I cannot tell everyone to be normal and accept your character as he is as that would not be fair to the other players. As the game goes on you can work your way into such a character but as it stands now he is unfit to begin this game. Also your spelling is off, try and type slower.

Please make him a normal human being, that's the starting point. When the game is in more advanced states we'll see about creating your dark magic psionist.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 10:12 PM
As the creator of the game, I agree with Zigwat. Characters start out as average folks, and are later twisted into insane, reality-warping psychics with eyes which are windows into the void.

Grimsage Matt
2012-03-20, 10:30 PM
sorry, I tend to go overboard when disgning a new charatcher. Made the changes, and permission to stat out the "Beast" side of my guys mind?

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 10:35 PM
....Is this your idea of normal? Why do you feel the need to start him out as multiple personality psycho from the get-go? Seeking to find a cure? Your guy's subplot history seems like it's trying to over-shadow the entire game itself, and it also seems like it's just begging to be a distraction, and a chance to earn himself the spotlight. Come on, man, I'm starting to lose faith in you already and we haven't even started the roleplay.

Grimsage Matt
2012-03-20, 10:49 PM
Knowledge is the only thing that matter's kind of guy? Who puts up with socity only becuse he needs to eat?

Pokonic
2012-03-20, 10:54 PM
Ahem. Here is my little schoolboy. Oliver Twist he an't.

Jim (Jimmy) Mcpherson
Jimmy was never a kind lad. This can mostly be traced quite literaly from his red hair, which in his own words means that his "father was from the wrong island". As a result of the teasing from his peers, he has found out that they tend to shut up when there missing most of there teeth. Generaly a bully thru and thru, he takes a quiet sort of pride from spending most of his free time (not messing with younger kids or hanging out with his "friends" that is) at the local library, where he is reguarded by the librarian there as "rough but helpful". Lately, perhapes as a force of habit, he is starting to read more fantasical books, such as the libraries varing copies of Grimms tales, and he never wishes to admit that he prefers such reading to living on the streets with his "friends".

Thing is, dispite his distinct lack of a regular home, he manages to stay well-off from his friends omipresent stealing, and has recently been staying within the library basement without the Librarian honastly caring. After all, a worker you never have to pay, never realy makes any trouble with the visiters, and is slowly becoming one of the most well-read kid he knows? Why not let his sleep down there?

Str 6; Dex 6; Con 6; Int 6 (7-1); Wis 5; Cha 3
Toughness 8 (9-1); Speed 6
Perks: Street Smart, Bruiser
Quirks: Child, Bully (Not sure if I should remove or not, but it makes sence for the character.)
Equipment: Book (The Goose Girl), Snacks, a Knife.

As the creator of the game, I agree with Zigwat. Characters start out as average folks, and are later twisted into insane, reality-warping psychics with eyes which are windows into the void.

Yeah, this (besides the whole "creator" part). I have a (reforming) bully with daddy issues who is currantly living in the basement of a library.

You have a person who seems like he is the result of a guy managing to survive a session of the game already, with stuff and traits that make him look like a concept for a WoD antagonist than anything else.

Iethloc
2012-03-20, 11:00 PM
Expressing my interest. I currently have a lot of things to occupy my mind, but I'll put a character in this space as soon as I can.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 11:03 PM
Knowledge is the only thing that matter's kind of guy? Who puts up with socity only becuse he needs to eat?

Okay, now you're just being rude. That's it, you're out. You've already caused way too many problems, especially in just the initial joining thread. You can't blatantly go against the rules and just change your character to try and make me look stupid. Rejected.

As for you Pokonic, go with it dude. I like the reformed bully stuff. Accepted.

Pokonic
2012-03-20, 11:07 PM
As for you Pokonic, go with it dude. I like the reformed bully stuff. Accepted.

Huzzah! Now awaiting for the game to begin.

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 11:08 PM
Would it be possible for my character to be a latent empath, with her abilities unlocked as we go through the Wonderlands? Obviously, she'd start out with her abilities still dormant, and thus be essentially a normal human for the first Chessboard or two, but I was thinking that when she does get them, she'd be considerably more susceptible to the negative effects of the Wonderlands, but be able to act as though she has one more point of CHA than she actually does.

In any case, whether or not that's an option, here's my character:

Anrielle Hunter

Anrielle has, for quite a while, been staying on the streets. Not that she started out that way; her family had a fair bit of money, and sent her to a good, if not wonderful, school.

Unfortunately, around her fourteenth birthday, her father was trampled, and, after four more years, her mother died of some form or illness - but not before remarrying, and, at some point, after having another child, leaving the vast majority of her possessions to her new husband and her infant son.

As such, most of her money ran out fairly quickly, and though she's found a job now, it barely pays enough for her to eat and pay rent, though she has managed to save a bit - which, while it's not enough to do anything with, and thus she's not worried about losing it, she hopes to be able to increase somehow...

Str 5; Dex 6; Con 5; Int 6; Wis 5; Cha 6
Toughness 10; Speed 6
Perks: Combatant, Street Smart
Quirks: Phobia (Large fires)
Equipment: Knife, Snacks, Money

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 11:10 PM
Would it be possible for my character to be a latent empath, with her abilities unlocked as we go through the Wonderlands? Obviously, she'd start out with her abilities still dormant, and thus be essentially a normal human for the first Chessboard or two, but I was thinking that when she does get them, she'd be considerably more susceptible to the negative effects of the Wonderlands, but be able to act as though she has one more point of CHA than she actually does.

In any case, whether or not that's an option, here's my character:

Anrielle Hunter

Anrielle has, for quite a while, been staying on the streets. Not that she started out that way; her family had a fair bit of money, and sent her to a good, if not wonderful, school.

Unfortunately, around her fourteenth birthday, her father was trampled, and, after four more years, her mother died of some form or illness - but not before remarrying, and, at some point, after having another child, leaving the vast majority of her possessions to her new husband and her infant son.

As such, most of her money ran out fairly quickly, and though she's found a job now, it barely pays enough for her to eat and pay rent, though she has managed to save a bit - which, while it's not enough to do anything with, and thus she's not worried about losing it, she hopes to be able to increase somehow...

Str 6; Dex 7; Con 6; Int 7; Wis 6; Cha 7
Toughness 11; Speed 6
Perks: Combatant, Street Smart
Quirks: Phobia (Large fires)
Equipment: Knife, Snacks, Money

How are your stats so high? The point-buy rules wouldn't allow that ...

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-20, 11:13 PM
Tony Virmire, boxer
Cha 5
Int 5
Wis 4
Str 7
Dex 7
Con 5

Toughness 8, speed 6
Perks: Martial Artist, Lucky
Quirk: Hyperactive

Tony grew up in a seedy part of New York. He didn't do well in school, and despite his love of reading he never got good at paying attention. He was always staring out a window, or day dreaming. Where he truely shined was in PE. He was big for his age and always a little faster than his friends. He was picked first in sports and was the friend that everyone came to for help in a fight. He loved fighting, but wasn't a bully. If someone had a problem with him or his friends, he would try reason. If that didn't work he struck first and fast. Then after it was over, he would help his opponent up and advise him on what to do next time he got in a fight with someone. He dropped out of school and took up boxing. He loved it, and he got a lucky break. He rose through the ranks as a boxer and eventually became a contender for the heavyweight champion. But he never left his love of reading. He read fantasy books and science fiction. He had almost everything he ever wanted, but it wasn't enough. He felt that his world was drab and dull. He turned to the books and betting for release. His money held no value to him, so he didn't care if he lost it all on long odds. He came to England for the title fight because it was what he was supposed to do. He ddecided to go out on the town the night before the fight, and see what kind of trouble he could drum up.

Let me know if I forgot anything, this seems like a really cool game to play.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 11:14 PM
I agree with Twilight, C'nor. Reroll your initial stats and make them more moderate. As for the latent abilities of a psychic, we'll tread those waters as we come to them. Otherwise the character concept looks fine

With Iethloc, that makes 5 players in all and that's the limit. We'll begin when C'nor, Vixsor, and Iethloc get accepted characters. So, unless something happens, the character slots are hereby closed.

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 11:15 PM
How are your stats so high? The point-buy rules wouldn't allow that ...

Math error, it looks like. Apparently, I forgot to add one of my stats in at one point, which made me think I had an extra six to work with, so I used 39 instead of 33.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 11:16 PM
Can we start playing, like, now? I'm all exited!

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 11:18 PM
My stats should now be fixed.

Pokonic
2012-03-20, 11:19 PM
Hmm, a boxer, a bully, a rich girl, a street girl, and a old man all end up in a casino opening.... :smalltongue:

Actualy, never mind. Got to go before the fun starts.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 11:23 PM
Hmm, a boxer, a bully, a rich girl, a street girl, and a old man all end up in a casino opening.... :smalltongue:

Actualy, never mind. Got to go before the fun starts.

Yup. Although your descriptions didn't do all of the character's justice, you have the right idea. I can't wait.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-20, 11:24 PM
Can we start playing, like, now? I'm all exited!

Exactly how I feel!, and got swordsaged on making a melee character haha

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 11:25 PM
Alright! Vixsor and C'nor are accepted. I've talked with Iethloc and he has agreed that we can go on and play and he'll make a late entry. If that's cool with everyone, you may commence the game. Now, remember that I have a VERY full time job in real life so my posting may not be as fast as the rest of you, but it's good that we not go at a horrifically lightning bolt pace. This will give everyone time to think about their effect on the story that we are creating.

And we can waffle it if someone is having trouble with their current posting. Remember to have fun and keep it fun!

With that... let the MADNESS BEGIN!

Lady Serpentine
2012-03-20, 11:33 PM
Huzzah!

Though, don't expect any posts for Anrielle for a while; I have to get up early tomorrow, and it's half-past-midnight here, so I need to get some sleep.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-20, 11:34 PM
Ill go make a post haha and I added my equipment.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-20, 11:35 PM
Can we please make an OOC thread. I don't want this thread to be flooded with the OOC stuff from the game.

Zigwat
2012-03-20, 11:45 PM
Got ya covered man.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12932055#post12932055

Grimsage Matt
2012-03-21, 05:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_lycanthropy.as for Psionic werewolf, at most, multiperonality disorder coupled with the other one having clinical Lycanthropy, or delusions of being a werewolf.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-21, 05:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_lycanthropy.as for Psionic werewolf, at most, multiperonality disorder coupled with the other one having clinical Lycanthropy, or delusions of being a werewolf.

At this point, what you're doing could be considered spam. Please stop.

Pokonic
2012-03-21, 06:18 PM

Err, dude? The DM said no. Everyone agrees with him. Keep posting on this thread, and a mod will be alerted. Or something. Please just stop.

Zigwat
2012-03-22, 01:34 PM
Hmmmmm we need to broaden the Equipment section a bit. What say you Twilight?!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-22, 01:55 PM
The next thing I'm going to do is change the entire system to use a dice pool mechanic. The one currently in use displeases me. If anyone would be willing to help by play-testing, writing material, or drawing pretty pictures, please say so. I can use all the help I can get.

Hmmmmm we need to broaden the Equipment section a bit. What say you Twilight?!

Good point. My idea was that the equipment I had included was just a few examples, and the players could choose anything they like. However, upon further reflection, I realise that it would be nice to have a few more options.

Zigwat
2012-03-22, 11:07 PM
Quill: An old writing utensil, usually made from Goose or Swan feathers. Are used by dipping in ink.

A Key: Usually the utensil to open a door or lockbox which holds precious items.

Goggles: Used as eye protection. Strapped to the head and covers the eyes with glass in order to keep dirt, water or wind from entering the oculars.

Photograph: An image captured on a piece of elastic film by way of camera lenses. Usually developed in black and white.

Matchbox: A box of sticks used to ignite fires in a simple flick of the wrist.

Monocle: A lens used for corrective vision in one eye. Normally only afforded by aristocrats.

-------------

Just off the top of my head.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-22, 11:15 PM
Quill: An old writing utensil, usually made from Goose or Swan feathers. Are used by dipping in ink.

A Key: Usually the utensil to open a door or lockbox which holds precious items.

Goggles: Used as eye protection. Strapped to the head and covers the eyes with glass in order to keep dirt, water or wind from entering the oculars.

Photograph: An image captured on a piece of elastic film by way of camera lenses. Usually developed in black and white.

Matchbox: A box of sticks used to ignite fires in a simple flick of the wrist.

Monocle: A lens used for corrective vision in one eye. Normally only afforded by aristocrats.

-------------

Just off the top of my head.

All of that has been included.

Zigwat
2012-03-24, 12:26 AM
Hmmmm how about a list of mythical items as well? Though I don't plan on using the Vorpul blade in my roleplay, it is indeed worth mentioning.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-24, 12:23 PM
Hmmmm how about a list of mythical items as well? Though I don't plan on using the Vorpul blade in my roleplay, it is indeed worth mentioning.

I'll do that, as well as some monsters and more material for the lower Chessboards, once I have finished implementing the Clockwork system.

Zigwat
2012-03-25, 03:19 AM
rolling ones don't cancel out successes in the clockwork system do they? That's how it worked in Shadowrun, I know that much. It also worked that way in Exalted, and the question arises directly from the roleplay we're having at the moment. Kenneth got enough successes but he also had a 1.

The clockwork system is not entirely clear on rolling 1's, nor is it entirely clear on the measure of failure. I can guess, though, that if someone didn't get the required number of successes and got a 1 (or more 1's) that it would be considered a botch. Usually in these cases I will either give them damage, or make them be knocked prone, making them lose a turn to attack. If neither of these are applicable for the situation, I simply make their characters look like idiots in some manner.

So, really I could go either way on the subject. Since we're not really measuring a certain degree of damage in this, I can just make it to where the degree is heightened or lowered depending on their successes.

But in the end, it's your call.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-25, 10:15 AM
rolling ones don't cancel out successes in the clockwork system do they? That's how it worked in Shadowrun, I know that much. It also worked that way in Exalted, and the question arises directly from the roleplay we're having at the moment. Kenneth got enough successes but he also had a 1.

The clockwork system is not entirely clear on rolling 1's, nor is it entirely clear on the measure of failure. I can guess, though, that if someone didn't get the required number of successes and got a 1 (or more 1's) that it would be considered a botch. Usually in these cases I will either give them damage, or make them be knocked prone, making them lose a turn to attack. If neither of these are applicable for the situation, I simply make their characters look like idiots in some manner.

So, really I could go either way on the subject. Since we're not really measuring a certain degree of damage in this, I can just make it to where the degree is heightened or lowered depending on their successes.

But in the end, it's your call.

1 does not cancel out a success.

Pokonic
2012-03-25, 08:25 PM

Indeed. Perhapes it's a bit of normal reality in the middle of the harshest domain, able to cut into the most maddining of unlogical things? Hence, the bloody Jabberwock, being somthing akin to Azathoth in the form of a dragon-thing, would be most certently harmed by something that basi?cly ignores every rule in the metaphorical book about the chessbords

Zigwat
2012-03-25, 10:58 PM
When were you planning to post again Pokonic? You've been gone for days. Your little encounter with the security guard is still going.

Zigwat
2012-04-09, 10:32 PM
Would you like for me to come up with something for the Cheshire Cat? He is indeed my favorite character in all of the tales of Alice in Wonderland, (and he will definitely be making some appearances in this roleplaying game) and I would be delighted to create the info for him :)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-09, 10:37 PM
Would you like for me to come up with something for the Cheshire Cat? He is indeed my favorite character in all of the tales of Alice in Wonderland, (and he will definitely be making some appearances in this roleplaying game) and I would be delighted to create the info for him :)

Sure! Post some stuff! Just not until after our characters meet him. I don't like spoilers.

Also, I will decide whether or not your interpretation will appear in the book. I promise nothing.

Zigwat
2012-04-09, 10:57 PM
Fine by me. If you have anymore requests for my assistance, don't hesitate to ask.