PDA

View Full Version : 4e House Rule

Zigg
2011-10-15, 09:16 AM
I just had an idea for 4e. It works for any class, and is able to be used at 6th, 11th, 16th, 21st, 26th and 31st level.

Mastery Of Old Tricks
Choose an encounter spell from 5 levels or more below you. You can use that spell as an at-will spell. Alternatively, take a daily spell from 5 levels or more below you, and use that as an encounter spell.

The Troubadour
2011-10-15, 10:07 AM
There's no such thing as level 31 in 4th Edition.
And this rule is completely out of balance; PCs will be ridiculously more powerful than the monsters.

erikun
2011-10-15, 11:07 AM
Encounters and Dailies are Encounters/Dailies (respectively) for a reason. They aren't meant to be spammed, and greatly overpower anyone who can. I mean, at level 6, we have:

Warden's Form of the Winter's Herald, as an encounter
Warlord's Lead the Attack, as an encounter
Wizard's Icy Terrain, as an at-will
Rogue's Dazing Strike, as an at-will

Even for these classes, these are far better options that what they have available at the time.

The Underlord
2011-10-15, 02:05 PM
I just had an idea for 4e. It works for any class, and is able to be used at 6th, 11th, 16th, 21st, 26th and 31st level.

Mastery Of Old Tricks
Choose an encounter spell from 5 levels or more below you. You can use that spell as an at-will spell. Alternatively, take a daily spell from 5 levels or more below you, and use that as an encounter spell.

1. I presume you mean power
2. As it is, you can choose from any class list.
3. I agree, this would be overpowered.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-15, 02:08 PM
That is very powerful, how about this:
Mastery of old Tricks [paragon]
Prerequisite: 14th, 16th, 18th, or 20th level, Wisdom 17 (divine or primal power source), Inteligence 17 (arcane or psionic power source) Strength or Dexterity 17 (Martial power source)

Benefit: If the power that was replaced last level was a heroic power of a level no greater than 1/2 yours, you may instead gain it as an at-will power

Grand Master of old Tricks [epic]

Prerequisite: 24th, 26th, 28th, or 30th level, Wisdom 21 (divine or primal power source), Inteligence 21 (arcane or psionic power source) Strength or Dexterity 21 (Martial power source)

Benefit: If the power that was replaced last level was a heroic or paragon power of a level no greater than 1/2 yours, you may instead gain it as an at-will power