PDA

View Full Version : ARK's Anime-Inspired Character Classes (3.5 Base Class)

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-16, 09:37 PM
Since I now have more than one class created around the same basic idea, I'll be using this thread to store them.

Table of Contents:
1. The Moe Girl
2. The Hot-Blooded Hero
3. The Legendary Perv
4. The Yamato Nadeshiko
5. The Persona-user (page 2)
6. The Moe Musician (PrC)
7. The Dark Moe Girl (PrC)
8. The Gamer (page 3)
9. The Robo Girl
10. The Disciplinary Enforcer

So, before we even go into this fairly rough creation of mine, keep in mind that this is not a class for games with serious tones. :smallwink: (This is also my first attempt at homebrewing, so please be gentle.)

The Moe Girl
"Somehow, when I look at her, I feel like I can't leave her alone. I feel like I have to protect her!"
—Chiri Kitsu, Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Private%20Album/Moe.jpg

At a glance, it seems like life dealt you a terrible hand for adventuring. You're not much of a fighter, you aren't good with traps and locks, you weren't born with magical talent... you don't have anything worthwhile. You're a failure, through and through...

Well, where you see a failure, everyone else sees a highly-concentrated dollop of Moe. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Moe) And that one gift can go a long way if you play it right.

Base attack bonus, saving throws, and weapon proficiencies are identical to those of the wizard. Hit die is d6, skills are 6+Int bonus, and class skills are Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Gather Information, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Spot, and Use Magic Device.

Moe Girl
{table=head]Level|Special

1st|Moe Mannerism, Big Bro, Moe Boost +1

2nd|"Please, Protect Me!"

3rd|Cosplay, Cosplay Specialization, Moe Boost +2

4th|Moe Mannerism

5th|Moe Boost +3

6th|Big Bro x2

7th|Cosplay Specialization, Moe Mannerism, Moe Boost +4

8th|"Please, Snap Out of It!"

9th|Moe Boost +5

10th|Moe Mannerism

11th|Cosplay Specialization, Moe Boost +6

12th|Big Bro x3

13th|Moe Mannerism, Moe Boost +7

14th|"Please, Listen!"

15th|Cosplay Specialization, Moe Boost +8

16th|Moe Mannerism

17th|Moe Boost +9

18th|Big Bro x4

19th|Cosplay Specialization, Moe Mannerism, Moe Boost +10

20th|"Please, Don't Leave Me!"[/table]

Class Features:

Moe Mannerisms: You may not have much in the way of strength, skill, or magic, but your personal quirks make others want to hug you and keep you safe from all the world’s dangers. At each indicated level, a Moe Girl may gain one of the following mannerisms:

Verbal Tic: What’s a verbal tic, zam? Your distinctive speech patterns strike others as simply adorable and let you add your Moe Boost to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, and language-based Perform checks, de geso. You must speak a mutually understood language to gain the bonus, desu.
Meganekko: You have a bookish demeanor that lives up to your glasses-girl appeal. From the level that this mannerism is taken onwards, Decipher Script and all Knowledge skills are counted as class skills, and you may add your Moe Boost to checks involving these skills.
Cry Cute: When you get scared, your tender tears and delicately trembling body make those around you just want to make everything all right again. Whenever you are shaken, frightened, panicked, or cowering, your Moe Boost increases by 2. Further, you may voluntarily become shaken towards a single being that poses a perceived threat to you once per day.
Shrinking Violet: Although your quiet nature appeals to people once they notice you, it’s also quite handy for not getting noticed in the first place and helped you become a good listener. You add your Moe Boost to Hide, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
Dojikko: Clumsy, but cute! Your trips, stumbles, and fumbles may seem inconvenient to you, but they apparently endear you to others. Whenever you fail a Balance, Climb, Jump, Sleight of Hand, or Tumble check, your Moe Boost increases by 1 for ten minutes.
Luminescent Blush: The glowing wave of red that sweeps your face when you make a social faux pas can distract people from even the gravest of insults or direst of slip-ups. A number of times per day equal to your Moe Boost, you may retry a failed Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, or Perform check with no penalty. However, you may not reroll a given check more than once with this ability.
Ms. Fanservice: Short skirts, thigh socks, suspiciously conspicuous bounces, and convenient camera angles abound! Your Moe Boost increases by 1 when you are unarmored.
Cloud Cuckoolander: You’re a bit of a space cadet at times, and your mind’s internal logic perplexes even the most experienced of enchanters, illusionists, and other magical puppeteers. You add your Moe Boost to all Will saves against mind-affecting abilities and effects.
Distressed Damsel: You put the “pretty” in “I have you now, my pretty!” more often than you might care for, but it certainly gets your friends’ attention. Your Moe Boost increases by 1 whenever you are bound, manacled, helpless, grappled, pinned, or otherwise physically restrained against your will.
Lethal Chef: It’s not for lack of trying, but your boxed lunches and homemade sweets are on a plane beyond simply inedible. Craft (poison) is counted as a class skill for you, and you gain the ability to create the following poison with any culinary ingredients:
“Homemade Treat”: Ingested DC 13. 1 Con initial; 1d8 Con secondary.
Fan Club: Your appeal seems to have cultivated quite a following of devoted fans and shippers! You gain Leadership as a bonus feat. Your leadership score for this feat is based on Moe Girl level rather than character level.
Universal Appeal: Your moe powers are no mere niche attraction; just about every creature with a brain thinks that you're the sweetest thing ever. Your Moe Boost effects can be applied to any sentient being, not just your Big Bro, but the value of your Moe Boost is halved (rounding up) for these beings.

Big Bro: Your moe appeal tends to draw out the latent big-brother (or big-sister) instinct in your travelling companions, strengthening their will to protect you when you are in danger. Starting at 1st level, you may choose one sentient humanoid with whom you have a friendly relationship to become your Big Bro/Big Sis. A number of times per day equal to twice the sum of your Moe Girl level and your CHA modifier, any of your Big Bros may add your Moe Boost to any attack roll, damage roll, skill check, saving throw, or caster level check made against an entity he perceives as an immediate threat to you or in an attempt to protect you from some other immediate threat. At 6th, 12th, and 18th level, you may choose an additional person to act as your Big Bro. Once your choice of Big Bro has been made, you may only change Big Bros upon the death of your previous Big Bro or the end of friendly relations between you and your previous Big Bro.

“Please, Protect Me!”: Starting at 2nd level, whenever you are within 5 ft. of your Big Bro, he receives a morale boost to his Armor Class equal to your Moe Boost. Further, you may use his Armor Class in place of your own when attacked. Neither of these effects can function whenever your Big Bro would be denied a dexterity bonus to AC.

Cosplay (Ex): Whether you do it of your own volition or have it done to you by over-eager teammates, you somehow look more adorable with every costume you try on and effortlessly pull detailed, intricate costumes out of thin air. Starting at 3rd level, you add twice your Moe Boost to Disguise checks and can perform Disguise checks in one minute (instead of 1d3 x 10 minutes).

Cosplay Specialization: After enough time undercover, you’ve started to become the mask! Or, in this case, the cosplay. At each indicated level, you may specialize in one of the following costumes, gaining a new class skill and, while wearing the costume, gaining a +1 increase to Moe Boost and a spell-like ability for which your caster level is your Moe Girl level:
Meido: What’s with all this fuss about French maid outfits? Regardless of your own personal feelings, your friends sure seem to love finding excuses for you to dress up in this classic outfit. Class skill: Profession (maid). Ability: Unseen Servant, 3/day.
Sexy Nurse: Hello, nurse! Class skill: Heal. Ability: Remove disease, 1/day.
Nekomimi: Cat ears and a tail are the name of the game for you today. Class skill: Handle Animal. Ability: Speak with Animals, 1/day.
Bunny Girl: Unfortunately for you, the leotard and ears variety, not the full-body Easter suit kind. Class skill: Jump. Ability: Jump, 2/day.
Sailor Fuku: You may or may not have actually attended an all-girls’ magic academy, but people say that the school uniforms look good on you either way. Class skill: Spellcraft. Ability: Read Magic, at will.
School Swimsuit: Okay, it’s pretty creepy that people keep asking you to wear this, but you can be a good sport, right? Class skill: Swim. Ability: Water breathing, 1/day.
Japanese Clothing: Well, at least these foreign favorites (including kimono, yukata, etc.) cover enough skin and give you voluminous robes to hide useful implements in. Class skill: Sleight of Hand. Ability: Gust of wind, 1/day. Appears filled with cherry blossom petals.
Sexy Santa: Christmastime is here, regardless of what time it actually is, and filling up the toy sack every time for authenticity tends to give you experience gauging how much little trinkets are actually worth. Still, it seems a a little too skimpy for Arctic temperatures... Class skill: Appraise. Ability: Endure elements, 3/day.
Miko: Ah, the traditional grace of the shrine maiden. Class skill: Concentration. Ability: Augury, 2/day.

“Please, Snap Out of It!” (Ex): Starting at 8th level, your Big Bro may expend a use of your Moe Boost to entitle himself to a reroll of a saving throw against any mind-affecting ability or effect. Further, your Big Bro automatically breaks free from any charm or compulsion if the entity influencing him suggests or orders that he harm you or take any hostile action against you.

“Please, Listen!” (Ex): Starting at 14th level, a number of times per day equal to your Charisma modifier, you can make your eyes well up with teardrops and your voice start to quiver as you make a heart-wrenching plea. This ability functions as suggestion with a caster level equal to your Moe Girl level and a save DC of (10 + Moe Girl levels).

“Please, Don’t Leave Me!” (Ex): Starting at 20th level, your Big Bro may expend a use of your Moe Boost to force a reroll of any attack or effect which would kill him or place him beneath 0 hit points if he believes that his absence would place you in greater danger. If your Big Bro is within 5 ft. of you, he may ignore the effect without a reroll.

I don't know the first thing about balance or tiers, so it's probably best to just treat this as a joke class. Thoughts or critiques? :smallsmile:

Amechra
2011-10-16, 10:12 PM
As a joke class, I found this amusing...

Though I would play one/have one as a Cohort. If I had one as a Cohort of at least 7th level, I would totally combo Distressed Damsel, Ms. Fanservice, Cry Cute, and any one of the Cosplay Specializations...

I would hire someone to tie her up while wearing, say, a catgirl costume, and toss her over my shoulder.

Can you say a whopping +16 Moe Boost? I can.

Combo Big Bro and Cry Cute, and I would eviscerate the enemy.

I would suggest more abilities that work without allies; as it is, if you are somehow left all alone, you are left with some bonuses to skills, Suggestion practically at will, and fast Disguises.

I would suggest spell-like abilities to go along with the Cosplay Specializations, maybe get those a little sooner, tone some of the stuff that gives situational bonuses to your Moe Boost down a ton.

And with a little adaptation, you could play this in a serious campaign; refluff your shear d'awwwwww as an aura of mind control, your Big Bro as your main thrall, and the Cosplay Specializations as a shifting of mental states over time due to self-induced metaphysical brain surgery.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-16, 10:31 PM
Ooh, lots of good ideas there. When I get around to it, I'll definitely try working in some cosplay spell-like abilities (the specializations were really a last-minute add-on) and toning down the Moe Boost bonuses a bit (I think the perfect storm of level 19 Moe Girl + Ms. Fanservice + Dojikko + Cosplay Specialization + Distressed Damsel + Cry Cute could give you a +64 bonus as is, and would also probably be one of the greatest moments in D&D). Thanks for your input! :smallbiggrin:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-16, 10:46 PM
As a manga and anime fan, I must say, I love this class. I feel you need to make at least two other manga stereotype classes so I can make a party of them for my players; maybe the Badass and the Otaku.

Also, for the Big Bro ability, might I make a suggestion of a custom feat I made? I call it Cohort (for use in campaigns where Leadership is banned). It gives you a cohort as the Leadership feat. Normally it can't be taken multiple times, but as a special ability perhaps this class can get it for the Big Bro ability several times?

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-17, 01:53 PM
As a manga and anime fan, I must say, I love this class. I feel you need to make at least two other manga stereotype classes so I can make a party of them for my players; maybe the Badass and the Otaku.

Also, for the Big Bro ability, might I make a suggestion of a custom feat I made? I call it Cohort (for use in campaigns where Leadership is banned). It gives you a cohort as the Leadership feat. Normally it can't be taken multiple times, but as a special ability perhaps this class can get it for the Big Bro ability several times?

Thanks for your feedback! :smallsmile: Those other classes actually sound pretty fun to make, so if they turn out well, I'll post them here. Here are my ideas for a few more classes:
The Tsundere
The Hot-Blooded Hero
The Otaku Scholar

Hmm... I'll consider how I could work in the ability to gain extra Big Bros. For now, I'll leave it as it is. Thanks, though!

Also, I've revised the class a little bit. Cosplay Specialization has been expanded, and many of the Mannerisms giving Moe Boost increases have been toned down. For instance, Ms. Fanservice has been reduced in magnitude since Moe Girls have no armor proficiency and therefore suffer little penalty for wearing no armor, and the two that were multiplicative rather than additive (Cry Cute, Distressed Damsel) were too powerful at higher levels. "Cloud Cuckoolander" has been expanded in scope, and "Universal Appeal" has been added.

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-17, 05:45 PM
I like it. I do suggest more Cosplay Specializations; my suggestions are one where you dress in royal finery of some sort like an adorable princess that makes others want to impress you, and a miko outfit (because everyone loves shrine maidens) that grants you Use Magic Device as a class skill.

And if you do an otaku class, make sure to add pervert abilities (because that should always be an option for an otaku :smallwink:).

Finally, what is that image from that you used? It's adorable.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-17, 08:30 PM
I like it. I do suggest more Cosplay Specializations; my suggestions are one where you dress in royal finery of some sort like an adorable princess that makes others want to impress you, and a miko outfit (because everyone loves shrine maidens) that grants you Use Magic Device as a class skill.

And if you do an otaku class, make sure to add pervert abilities (because that should always be an option for an otaku :smallwink:).

Finally, what is that image from that you used? It's adorable.

Dang, how could I forget the miko? I'll add it before too long. The image is of the girls from K-ON!, but that particular picture is just one I found on Google.

In the meantime, I present this quite-possibly-unbalanced but hopefully-crazy-fun attempt at another class:

The Hot-Blooded Hero
"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours and listen! The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity - they're talking about me! The mighty Kamina!"
— Kamina, introducing himself before challenging a three-story-tall robot to a fight armed with only a katana
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/HotBlooded.gif

Fighters have training. Paladins have justice. Barbarians have savage strength. Rangers have cunning. And you have the confidence of a thousand drug-addled street gangs packed into a single human body.

You are a Hot-Blooded Hero, an incarnation of tireless MANLY DETERMINATION!!! whose blazing soul incinerates the evils of the world and sustains you through defeats and injuries that should logically crush you a thousand times over. Never give up and never give in, because the people need a hero, and as far as you're concerned, that person might as well be you.

Base attack bonus and weapon/armor proficiencies are identical to those of the fighter. Fortitude and Will saves are good, and Reflex save is poor. Skills are 2+Int bonus, and class skills are Bluff, Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Ride, and Swim. Hit die is d12.

Hot-Blooded Hero

1st|Badass Boast +1, Determined Spirit 1/day

2nd|"Why, You!!!"

3rd|Mano a Mano, Flaming Fist of Fury 1/day

4th|Determined Spirit 2/day

5th|Badass Boast +2

6th|You Are Already Dead 1/day

7th|Determined Spirit 3/day

8th|"Kick Fear to the Curb!!!"

9th|Flaming Fist of Fury 2/day

10th|Badass Boast +3 (Fright), Determined Spirit 4/day

11th|"Smash Down the Barriers!!!"

12th|You Are Already Dead 2/day

13th|Determined Spirit 5/day

14th|"Feel the Heat of a Man's Soul!!!"

15th|Badass Boast +4, Flaming Fist of Fury 3/day

16th|Determined Spirit 6/day

17th|"Break Through the Dream!!!"

18th|You Are Already Dead 3/day

19th|Determined Spirit 7/day

20th|Badass Boast +5 (Panic), "I Won't Die, Even When I'm Killed!!!"[/table]

Class Features:

Badass Boast: At the beginning of any encounter in which you are not taken by surprise, you may voluntarily take a 1 on your initiative roll in order to make it entirely clear to your enemies just who the hell they’re messing with. For the rest of the encounter, you receive a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and AC, and any sentient humanoid enemies capable of understanding your boast must make a Will save of DC (10 + HBH level) or be shaken for a number of rounds equal to your CHA modifier. The morale bonus granted grows as you increase in level. At 10th level, enemies who fail the Will save become frightened. At 20th level, enemies who fail the Will save become panicked.

Determined Spirit: You’re dead set on victory, and not even the laws of reality are going to stop you. Starting at 1st level, you may disregard a failed saving throw once per day. The number of uses per day increases as you increase in level.

“Why, You!!!”: With a deep breath, you hurl the most objectionable, insulting second-person pronoun known to the universe at your foe, provoking a furious rage. Once per encounter as a free action, you may call out any sentient being, forcing them to make a Will save of DC (10 + HBH level + CHA modifier) or focus their attacks on only you until you are somehow incapacitated.

Mano a Mano: A true man needs no weapons to fight his foe; he is a weapon! At 3rd level, you gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.

Flaming Fist of Fury: Drawing all your manly spirit into a single punch, you knock your opponent off his feet with the blazing heat of your very soul! Starting at 3rd level, as a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity from any enemies except the one being targeted by the ability, you may make an unarmed attack against your target’s touch AC. If the attack connects, the enemy is knocked prone, takes lethal damage equal to your usual unarmed damage plus your HBH level, and catches on fire.

You Are Already Dead: It may look like your last attack harmlessly passed by your opponent, but that misconception will be corrected when their head explodes in 3… 2… 1. Starting at level 6, when you miss with an attack, you may choose during your next turn to deal damage to your target as if you had successfully scored a critical hit. The number of uses of this ability per day increases with your HBH level.

“Kick Fear to the Curb!!!”: Starting at 8th level, you become immune to fear effects, and any allies who can hear or see you gain a bonus to saving throws against fear equal to your CHA modifier.

“Smash Down the Barriers!!!”: Starting at 11th level, your indomitable manly soul cannot be bound by mortal magic! You may cast antimagic field once per day as a caster of your HBH level.

“Feel the Heat of a Man’s Soul!!!”: Starting at 14th level, your unparalleled aura of vitality can be brought to a boiling point that repulses the dark shades of the undead. Once per day, you may make a turn undead attempt as a cleric of your HBH level.

“Break Through the Dream!!!”: Starting at 17th level, your flaming spirit blazes forth to the point of searing a hole through any spells that attempt to chain or control it. You gain spell resistance equal to your 10 + HDH level + your CHA modifier against charms and compulsions.

“I Won’t Die, Even When I’m Killed!!!”: Starting at 20th level, your determination can thwart even death itself and bring you back stronger than before. Once per day, whenever you are hit by an attack or effect which would kill you or place you beneath 0 hit points, you may ignore the attack and gain a second wind which completely restores your hit points, clears negative status conditions, and replenishes the uses per day of all of your other HBH class abilities.

So... your thoughts or suggestions? :smallsmile:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-17, 09:08 PM
Ha ha! Awesome! Somewhat broken, but certainly within tolerable levels; I'd guestimate tier 4-3 based on optimization. Just for cool points, give him the feats Improved Unarmed Strike and Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword (to get him katana proficiency) at some point during his level progression. Also, possibly this somewhere:

Badass Breaker: Your indomitable spirit makes you put your full power into every blow. You deal additional damage with every melee strike equal to your HBH level.

Amechra
2011-10-17, 10:07 PM
I love the fact that your punches LIGHT PEOPLE ON FIRE!

Dear god, I just thought of something; Moe Girl with a Hot Blooded Hero as her Big Bro would be... impressive.

Ajadea
2011-10-17, 10:24 PM
A few comments about the Moe:

Far too many uses per day of Moe Boost, at least when looking at the "Please, Listen!" class feature. Perhaps decoupling "Please, Listen!" from Moe Boost could help balance that out.

Maybe let the Moe use "Please, Listen!" Cha mod times/day, and move it down to a lower level? Something around 9th, maybe...

John Cribati
2011-10-18, 06:08 PM
A few comments about the Moe:

Far too many uses per day of Moe Boost, at least when looking at the "Please, Listen!" class feature. Perhaps decoupling "Please, Listen!" from Moe Boost could help balance that out.

Maybe let the Moe use "Please, Listen!" Cha mod times/day, and move it down to a lower level? Something around 9th, maybe...

... Moe Boost is essentially an Aura that is projected. The Moe girl doesn't use it, but other characters can get bonuses from it.

Ajadea
2011-10-18, 08:03 PM
Ahem.

Big Bro: Your moe appeal tends to draw out the latent big-brother (or big-sister) instinct in your travelling companions, strengthening their will to protect you when you are in danger. Starting at 1st level, you may choose one sentient humanoid with whom you have a friendly relationship to become your Big Bro/Big Sis. A number of times per day equal to twice the sum of your Moe Girl level and your CHA modifier, any of your Big Bros may add your Moe Boost to any attack roll, damage roll, skill check, saving throw, or caster level check made against an entity he perceives as an immediate threat to you or in an attempt to protect you from some other immediate threat. At 6th, 12th, and 18th level, you may choose an additional person to act as your Big Bro. Once your choice of Big Bro has been made, you may only change Big Bros upon the death of your previous Big Bro or the end of friendly relations between you and your previous Big Bro.

Any Moe should have something around 34 uses/day of their Moe Boost (assuming a Charisma modifier of at least +3). I know they can't use it, but there are still uses per day.

34 suggestions a day may be a tiny bit excessive.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-18, 08:23 PM
Any Moe should have something around 34 uses/day of their Moe Boost (assuming a Charisma modifier of at least +3). I know they can't use it, but there are still uses per day.

34 suggestions a day may be a tiny bit excessive.

Fair enough; I was mainly just throwing some numbers around and hoping that they turned out alright given that I have very little experience actually playing 3.5 games. My thought process was that since the Moe Boost is the class's primary feature, it should be able to be used fairly free of restrictions, at least within bounds of reason. But I agree that decoupling the suggestion ability from the Moe Boost makes sense, and I'll update it accordingly.

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-18, 08:24 PM
Once you get all of these down i am so going to start a gestalt game where you have to have one of these. And while i don't DM i can almost guarantee someone will takke the post within a few days.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-18, 09:04 PM
Once you get all of these down i am so going to start a gestalt game where you have to have one of these. And while i don't DM i can almost guarantee someone will takke the post within a few days.

Okay, this applies to you and to anyone else reading this thread: if you actually use these classes in a game, please tell me what happens. Or even better, point me to the thread so I can see for myself. :smallbiggrin:

Also, I'm currently working out the rough idea of a Legendary Perv class, something along the lines of a rogue-like character with less emphasis on sneak attacks and traps to make room for... flavorful class abilities. :smalltongue:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-18, 09:50 PM
Just a suggestion: you need a caster class. Perhaps the otaku one for arcane and a magical girl one for divine. Love the classes so far. :smallsmile:

Merchant
2011-10-19, 03:49 AM
I think you should have the Gamer. The nerd who follows the rules of games or believes more in the game world than the real.

The World God Only Knows is a decent example. Btooom! more graphic where a shooter(bomb using actually) style game player is put into a real life survival game based off his favorite game and he applies his knowlegde to real lifethreatening situations.

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-19, 04:17 AM
I think you should have the Gamer. The nerd who follows the rules of games or believes more in the game world than the real.

The World God Only Knows is a decent example. Btooom! more graphic where a shooter(bomb using actually) style game player is put into a real life survival game based off his favorite game and he applies his knowlegde to real lifethreatening situations.

This. I have wanted to make something like this a campaign premise for so long now: a set of "scientists" in a D&D campaign "figuring out how the world works", which is a great deal of interesting ideas in a D&D world.

So would the gamer be more of a "I follow the rules I know to win" guy, or would he be a more "I believe these are the rules and innate talent makes them so" kind of guy? Or perhaps an "I see how the world works" kind of guy?

Prime32
2011-10-19, 05:43 PM
What about a Yamato Nadeshiko (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YamatoNadeshiko) class? Gets charm person, calm emotions, sanctuary and similar effects, can use Wisdom for social skills, can Intimidate without making the target unfriendly afterwards, can make rerolls, has options including discern lies and hero's feast. Immune to fear at higher levels. You can also gain powerful abilities like fear effects and automatic criticals a limited number of times per day, but doing this too much violates your Code of Conduct.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-19, 06:51 PM
Just a suggestion: you need a caster class. Perhaps the otaku one for arcane and a magical girl one for divine. Love the classes so far. :smallsmile:

I do indeed plan to make the otaku class into a variation on the wizard, but since I've never actually watched any magical girl anime, I'm currently considering working divine spellcasting into a "genki girl" type character whose overflowing positive energy translates into magical power.

If I get around to making this class, which I envisioned as a sort of genre savvy fighter, then I'll think you'll be happy to hear that Keima from TWGOK is the model that I have in mind for basing the class on.

What about a Yamato Nadeshiko (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YamatoNadeshiko) class? Gets charm person, calm emotions, sanctuary and similar effects, can use Wisdom for social skills, can Intimidate without making the target unfriendly afterwards, can make rerolls, has options including discern lies and hero's feast. Immune to fear at higher levels. You can also gain powerful abilities like fear effects and automatic criticals a limited number of times per day, but doing this too much violates your Code of Conduct.

Ooh, I like this idea. I might end up mixing it with a touch of Lady of War to end up with a combat class.

And with these things said, I now introduce the current draft of my next creation:

The Legendary Perv
What are you doing here, Beryl? Are you trying to interrupt my research again? I'm about to conduct a physics experiment on skirt lifting. Get out of here.
-Mao, Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Legendary.jpg

Any guy can say that he likes girls, but it takes a special breed of guy to express that like by devoting every waking hour to the pursuit of the perfect pantyshot or the fabled hole in the bathhouse wall. To be a legendary perv requires an uncommon strength of heart, agility of body, and cleverness of mind.

Also, a love of boobies doesn't really hurt, either.

Base attack bonus, saving throws, and weapon/armor proficiencies are identical to those of the rogue. Skills are 8+Int, and class skills are identical to those of the rogue. Hit die is d8.

Legendary Perv

1st|Art of the Peep, Perv Analysis, Amateur Perv Technique

2nd|Evasion

3rd|Ample Blood Supply, Amateur Perv Technique

4th|Clothing Damage

5th|Art of the Peep, Minor Perv Technique

6th|Photographic Memory

7th|Stillness of the Perv

8th|Minor Perv Technique

9th|Art of the Peep

10th|Improved Evasion

11th|Precision Clothing Damage, Major Perv Technique

12th|Not-So-Stillness of the Perv

13th|Art of the Peep

14th|Major Perv Technique

15th|Improved Not-So-Stillness

16th|

17th|Art of the Peep, Legendary Perv Technique

18th|Ultimate Not-So-Stillness

19th|

20th|Ultimate Clothing Damage, Legendary Perv Technique[/table]

Class Features:

Art of the Peep: Your greatest successes as a peeping Tom have taught you the value of patience, deliberation, and stealth, and your greatest failures have (painfully) taught you the necessity of awareness, excuses, and speed! At the indicated levels, you may select a feat from the following list as a bonus feat: Agile, Alertness, Deceitful, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Nimble Fingers, Run, Stealthy

Perv Analysis: Your ability to size up bodies, although generally used for cup size, can be applied in other ways as well. By spending a full-round action observing any being, you can discern its number of Hit Dice and STR, DEX, and CON ability scores.

Evasion: Your storied history of being slapped, kicked, punched, beaten, and otherwise brutally assaulted by vengeful girls has honed your reflexes and evasive intuition to a keen edge. Starting at 2nd level, you gain the evasion class feature of the rogue. At 10th level, this ability is replaced by improved evasion.

Ample Blood Supply: You run into plenty of gushing nosebleeds in your line of work, and your body has gradually learned to tolerate massive blood loss, making you practically impervious to bleeding out. Starting at 3rd level, whenever you fall beneath 0 hit points, you immediately stabilize.

Clothing Damage: Every disciple of the way of the perv learns at some point the fine art of neatly bisecting a dress without spilling a single drop of blood, and it is said that the highest practitioners of the art can sever a bra strap at a thousand yards with a single arrow. Starting at 4th level, you gain Improved Sunder as a bonus feat and gain the ability to make sunder attempts against clothing and armor being worn by your foes.

Photographic Memory: Despite your best efforts, you recognize the fact that most of your endeavors will unfortunately end with you getting an eyeful of an enraged girl’s fists rather than her underwear. The perfect pantyshot comes only once in a blue moon, and as such you have set aside a portion of your memory specifically for preserving these rare but magnificent sights. Starting at 6th level, you can reluctantly put this talent to use with any subject. While looking at something, you may choose to hold the image in your memory with no loss of detail should you need to remember the sight later. If you put this ability to use with a person’s appearance or handwriting, you gain a +4 circumstance bonus on relevant Disguise or Forgery checks. The number of images you can remember at one time is equal to your Legendary Perv level.

Stillness of the Perv: Only he who is still as the mighty boulder, silent as the calm summer lake, and focused as the diving falcon may find peace while watching girls take their clothes off. Starting at 7th level, you may apply half your Legendary Perv level (rounded down) as a bonus to Hide checks.

Precision Clothing Damage: Your skirt-sundering talents have become second nature to you, allowing you to size up a garment’s vital points in an instant and strike them with precision. Starting at 11th level, any hit you score against a foe’s worn clothing or armor deals damage as a successful critical hit.

Not-So-Stillness of the Perv: It turns out that he who is still as the mighty boulder, silent as the calm summer lake, and focused as the diving falcon may still find that peace eludes him if he happens to cough while watching girls take their clothes off. In that case, he who-OH WHATEVER JUST RUN LIKE HELL. Starting at 12th level, you gain a 10ft. bonus to your base movement speed. At 15th and 18th level, this bonus improves to 20ft and 30ft, respectively.

Ultimate Clothing Damage: It’s taken innumerable hours of practice and ludicrously dangerous adventuring, but you’ve finally achieved the long-sought goal of the perv: effortlessly de-clothing girls with a snap of your finger. Starting at 20th level, as a standard action, you may focus your massive pervy energy on a single visible foe once per day, instantly sundering all carried or worn weapons and armor and, at your discretion, dispelling magic items as disjunction.

Perv Techniques: You are not just a common perv! You are a legendary perv, and as such, you have honed your perverse spirit energy into spell-like abilities. Perv techniques are divided into four categories: amateur, minor, major, and legendary. At each indicated level, you may select a new technique from the indicated category or from a lower category. Your caster level for these techniques is equal to your Legendary Perv level, and save DC is based on INT.

Amateur Perv Techniques:
Leave No Prints on the Underwear Drawer: Functions as open/close, 3/day.
Lesser Telekinetic Grope: Functions as mage hand, 3/day.
Instant Wet Shirts: Functions as create water, 1/day.
Unsettling Stare: Functions as cause fear, 1/day.

Minor Perv Techniques:
Skirt Lifter: Functions as gust of wind, 3/day.
Mind Peep: Functions as detect thoughts, 2/day.
No Hiding from My Eyes: Functions as see invisibility, 2/day.
Locker Room Infiltration: Functions as invisibility, 1/day.
Locked Locker Room Infiltration: Functions as knock, 2/day.
This Isn’t the Perv You’re Looking For: Functions as disguise self, 2/day.
Bikini Bottoms from Below: Functions as water breathing, 1/day.

Major Perv Techniques:
Naughty Tentacles: Functions as Black tentacles, 1/day.
Enhanced Locker Room Infiltration: Functions as greater invisibility, 1/day.
You Turn Into A Real Beautiful Woman: Functions as polymorph, 1/day. Restricted to humanoids and monstrous humanoids.
Third Pervy Eye: Functions as arcane eye, 1/day.
Changing Room, Appear Before Me: Functions as scrying, 1/day.
Wait, Stop, Don’t Run, You’ve Got it All Wrong!: Functions as dimensional anchor, 1/day.
Let’s Get Naked: Functions as suggestion, 1/day.

Legendary Perv Techniques:
Seriously, No Hiding from My Eyes: Functions as true seeing, 1/day.
Supreme Locker Room Infiltration: Functions as mislead, 1/day.
That’s A Pretty Hot Statue: Functions as stone to flesh, 1/day.
Let’s Get Naked, Everyone: Functions as mass suggestion, 1/day.
Greater Telekinetic Grope: Functions as forceful hand, 1/day.

...I don't particularly like the fact that there are some levels with no fun class features associated with them, but I was at a loss for new abilities to include without giving the class too many powers. Any suggestions? General critiques? :smallsmile:

Also, it's kind of sad how many of the existing spells are so perfectly suited to perverse applications. :smalltongue:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-19, 07:09 PM
Makes me think of the book Encyclopaedia Arcane: Nymphology. A mightyfine resource for less serious campaigns (or for messing with powergamers in general).

First suggestion: more Perv Powers. Three amateur, three minor, three major and two legendary is not too much power, IMHO.

Second suggestion:
Can't Catch Me!: In his many years of peeping, the Legendary Perv has been spotted many times, and learned to avoid detection as well as how to get away when spotted. He gains a speed boost of 10 feet to his movement speed every 4 levels, and a bonus to Hide checks equal to half his class level rounded down.

Third Suggestion: More perfect memory! Seriously, only 5 images tops? Even my admittedly crappy memory is better than that. Maybe one per level.

I love the class; you are amazing at this! :smallbiggrin:

Also, seriously, go find some magical girl anime and watch it. It would make a great divine caster.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-19, 09:16 PM
First suggestion: more Perv Powers. Three amateur, three minor, three major and two legendary is not too much power, IMHO.

Second suggestion:
Can't Catch Me!: In his many years of peeping, the Legendary Perv has been spotted many times, and learned to avoid detection as well as how to get away when spotted. He gains a speed boost of 10 feet to his movement speed every 4 levels, and a bonus to Hide checks equal to half his class level rounded down.

Third Suggestion: More perfect memory! Seriously, only 5 images tops? Even my admittedly crappy memory is better than that. Maybe one per level.

I love the class; you are amazing at this! :smallbiggrin:

Solid suggestions, all three of 'em! I'll consider how to space out the powers a bit more before I implement the first one, but I've already put in the second and third... more or less. And thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Okay, just had a better idea for a divine casting class since I'm not currently planning on doing magical girl research. I'll go with the Tsundere concept I was playing with before, divide the cleric spell list into "tsun" and "dere" halves based on whether they're more aggressive or protective, and give the tsundere class the ability to become increasingly specialized in either their tsun or dere personality (or try to strike a balance between them).

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-19, 09:30 PM
Okay, just had a better idea for a divine casting class since I'm not currently planning on doing magical girl research. I'll go with the Tsundere concept I was playing with before, divide the cleric spell list into "tsun" and "dere" halves based on whether they're more aggressive or protective, and give the tsundere class the ability to become increasingly specialized in either their tsun or dere personality (or try to strike a balance between them).

The japanese terms mixed to make the term Tsundere are actually TsunTsun and DereDere, repeated, not single. I'm a bit of an otaku myself so i should no (plus i've watched Lucky Star enough to know).

A few other ideas, 1) the Kuudere, calm and collected on the outside but emotional on the inside (Tsuruko from Love Hina and Setsuna from Negima are examples there, as is Minami from Lucky Star), 2) the walking encyclopedia (Miyuki, again from Lucky Star), and 3) the One Winged Angel (Obvious as hell)

Prime32
2011-10-20, 06:58 AM
2) the walking encyclopedia (Miyuki, again from Lucky Star), and 3) the One Winged Angel (Obvious as hell)Are those really anime archetypes? Moe girl with Meganekko covers the first anyway. "One Winged Angel" is a transformation, not a person (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneWingedAngel), and a transformation which usually happens exactly once at that.

If you're doing tsundere and kuudere, might as well do yandere (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere).

Maybe a feat which in certain situations lets you pull paper fans/hammers out of nowhere, or increase your unarmed strike damage, but makes the damage nonlethal?

John Cribati
2011-10-20, 11:22 AM
I'd move the Insta-stabilize to about Level 6 or so, personally. Or whatever the minimum level for Diehard is.

Or scratch that, because a Human could get Diehard at first level. And anyone could get it by third.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-21, 06:36 PM
So, I'm not sure how well I managed to nail down the archetype with this class. Just being demure, well-mannered, and traditional isn't really a character class suited for adventuring, so I had to play up the firm will, gracefulness, and loyalty aspects along with a touch of raw strength under the veneer of femininity. So, with that in mind, here I go! :smallbiggrin:

The Yamato Nadeshiko
"I must become a lion-hearted girl, ready for a fight, before I make the final sacrifice..."
-Florence + the Machine, "Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)"
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Private%20Album/YamatoNadeshiko.jpg

Your gentle manner, impeccable grace, and strength of spirit mark you as a Yamato Nadeshiko, the idealized flower of Japanese womanhood. Your loyalty to family, friends, and tradition sustain you through the trials you face on the road of adventuring, and your style of combat is every bit as elegant as your looks and speech.

Your name may label you as a beautiful flower, but you'll fight like a demon if that's what it takes to defend your home and country...

Base attack bonus is identical to the fighter. Fortitude and Will saves are good; Reflex is poor. Hit die is the d10. The Yamato Nadeshiko is proficient in light and medium armor and all simple weapons and martial polearms. Skill points are 4+Int; class skills are Balance, Bluff, Craft, Concentration, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Heal, Intimidate, Listen, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, and Spot.

Yamato Nadeshiko

1st|Composure, Grace, Tender Care

2nd|Glint of Steel, Gentle Touch

3rd|Hurried Dash, Peaceful Presence 1/day

4th|Social Grace, Unbroken Will +2

5th|Thorns of the Wildflower, Calming Presence 1/day

6th|Martial Grace, Peaceful Presence 3/day

7th|Merciless Strike

8th|Lone Defender, Unbroken Will +4

9th|Steady Hand, Peaceful Presence 5/day

10th|Calming Presence 3/day

11th|Loyal Until Death

12th|Peaceful Presence 7/day, Unbroken Will +6

13th|Domestic Prowess

14th|Fearsome Strike

15th|Calming Presence 5/day, Peaceful Presence 9/day

16th|Unbroken Will +8

17th|Skill Mastery

18th|Peaceful Presence (at will)

19th|

20th|Killing Edge, Calming Presence (at will), Unbroken Will +10[/table]

Class Features:

Composure: As a proper Yamato Nadeshiko, you maintain an air of grace and dignity which serves as the source of many of your exceptional abilities in both social and martial settings. Starting at 1st level, you are always considered to be in a “composed” state unless you lose your composure (see next).

Losing Composure: Certain actions and abilities have the potential to push you beyond the boundaries of ladylike conduct. You are allowed a number of “unladylike” actions per day equal to your WIS modifier plus half your Yamato Nadeshiko level (rounded down); after this, each successive unladylike action carries a 10% higher chance of causing you to immediately lose your composure (i.e. the first unladylike action beyond your allotment is a 10% chance, the second a 20% chance, the third a 30% chance). If you lose your composure in this way, you may not regain your composure until you have had a resting period of at least six hours to reflect on your actions and refresh yourself. Composure-dependent benefits cannot be used while confused, exhausted, frightened, nauseated, or panicked. Taking any action which grossly violates your traditional norms (for instance, lashing out with violence at a family member) causes you to lose your composure until you receive an atonement.

Grace: You are a model of elegance on the battlefield, keeping a cool head which lets you calmly notice and avoid your enemies’ attacks. Starting at 1st level, you may apply your WIS modifier as a dodge bonus to your Armor Class. You may not use this ability when you would be denied a DEX bonus to AC. Composure dependent.

Tender Care: Even the most inexperienced of Yamato Nadeshikos soon begin practicing the feminine art of tending to the wounds of their husbands, children, and comrades. Starting at 1st level, you may apply your Yamato Nadeshiko level as a bonus to Heal checks. Not composure dependent.

Glint of Steel: Your ordinarily demure, polite manner makes you all the more terrifying when you choose to be. Starting at 2nd level, you may apply your Yamato Nadeshiko level as a bonus to any Intimidate check as an action which risks your composure. Composure dependent.

Gentle Touch: A Yamato Nadeshiko maintains a gentle, nurturing femininity despite her need for martial prowess, enabling her to support and care for her family and companions. Starting at 2nd level, you gain an ability similar to the paladin’s lay on hands ability with a daily HP limit of your Yamato Nadeshiko level times twice your WIS modifier. Composure dependent.

Hurried Dash: Your style is one of smooth, deliberate motions, yet you can move quickly if ungracefully when the need arises. Starting at 3rd level, you may move at twice your normal land speed for five rounds as an action which risks your composure. Composure dependent.

Peaceful Presence: A proper Yamato Nadeshiko does not seek out the use of violence, and particularly talented ones can even influence others away from conflict. Starting at 3rd level, you may cast sanctuary as a caster of your Yamato Nadeshiko level and a save DC determined by WIS. Composure dependent.

Social Grace: You are skilled in social settings not with a strong, domineering personality but with a quiet, mannered dignity. Starting at 4th level, you may use your WIS modifier in place of your CHA modifier for Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Gather Information checks. Composure dependent.

Unbroken Will: In both the best of times and the worst of times, the Yamato Nadeshiko is a humble yet firm presence who stands strong against adversity. Starting at 4th level, you gain a bonus to all Will saves which increases with level. Not composure dependent.

Thorns of the Wildflower: You have trained extensively with knives and other small weapons hidden under your clothing as a discreet means of self-defense against assailants. You gain Quick Draw as a bonus feat, and you may apply your Yamato Nadeshiko level as a bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal a weapon. Not composure dependent.

Martial Grace: You move and strike in combat with all the elegance expected of a lady, putting your blade into action only where it will hit true. Starting at 6th level, you may apply half your WIS modifier rounded down as a bonus on attack rolls. Composure dependent.

Calming Presence: Your calm demeanor can cool down the rash actions of hot-headed men, averting unnecessary conflict. Starting at 5th level, you may cast calm emotions as a caster of your Yamato Nadeshiko level and save DC determined by WIS. Composure dependent.

Merciless Strike: In the thick of battle, the opportunity often arises for you to push an attack faster or stronger than befits your normally smooth, conservative fighting style. Starting at 7th level, whenever you hit with an attack, you may choose to double the damage dealt by your attack as an action which risks your composure. Composure dependent.

Lone Defender: A Yamato Nadeshiko trains to defend her family and home from intruders even when her husband, relatives, and friends are not there to help her, so learning to neutralize the advantage granted by numbers is vital. Starting at 8th level, you can no longer be flanked. Composure dependent.

Steady Hand: A Yamato Nadeshiko's calm focus leaves her less open to the basic mistakes which can trip up even the most experienced of other fighters. Starting at 9th level, whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll, it is counted as a value of 1 rather than as an automatic miss. Composure dependent.

Loyal Until Death: You have hardened your will to the point of sooner dying than failing to protect those you care about. Starting at 11th level, you become immune to fear effects. Composure dependent.

Domestic Prowess: Your domestic skills put to shame the humble dishes prepared by ordinary wives and mothers. Starting at 13th level, you may cast heroes’ feast once per day as a caster of your Yamato Nadeshiko level. Composure dependent.

Fearsome Strike: Your normally calm, elegant fighting style may at times transition into a cold-hearted whirlwind of blood, terrifying your enemies with your change in demeanor. Starting at 14th level, as an action which risks your composure, you may force an enemy hit by one of your attacks to make a Will save of DC (10 + Yamato Nadeshiko level) or become frightened. By counting the strike as two composure-risking actions, you may boost the DC by 5. By counting the strike as three composure-risking actions, you may boost the DC by 10 and cause panic. Composure dependent.

Skill Mastery: Your ability to keep a clear head in the midst of a commotion helps you make the most of your skills in any situation. At 17th level, you may select a number of skills equal to your WIS modifier. When making skill checks involving these skills, you gain the ability to take 10 even under stressful or distracting conditions.

Killing Edge: When pushed to her breaking point, a mighty Yamato Nadeshiko can lash out with a vicious flurry of strikes at the cost of her focus, throwing away everything but steely devotion and cold hatred. Starting at 20th level, when you successfully strike an opponent with a number of Hit Dice no greater than your Yamato Nadeshiko level, you may deliver an instantly fatal blow as an action counting as ten composure-risking actions. Composure dependent.

Feat:

Exceptional Composure:
You have a particular knack for maintaining a ladylike grace even in the most stressful and brutal of settings.
Prerequisite: WIS 13, composure class feature
Benefit: Your allotment of "free" composure-risking actions increases by 2.
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times.

...I'm still wondering about how I could better implement the composure-risking abilities. Are the ones that are already there worth using? What other ones might I add? And, as always, I'd love to hear your overall opinions. :smallsmile:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-10-21, 06:54 PM
I love these, they are awesome...but one you must do...THE LONG-HAIRED CLICHE BISHI VILLAIN/EVIL OVERLORD(See: Naraku, Sephiroth, Lord Zagato ect..)...possible abilities include: Spellcasting of some kind is a definite(and most likely cha-based casting, I would assume), some way of gaining an odd form of immortality(As many anime villains seem to have this), a way of obtaining mooks(thrallheard style leadership maybe?) possibly optional melee prows(some of these guys like to use swords, after all.)....possibly some good armor proficiencies as well?(as a lot of these guys like flashy armor(Zagato...just Zagato. Also see Ill-Palazzo's sholder guards of doom, Naraku's evil-tastic bone armor ect..).)

Likewise, another one you must do..THE MONSTER TAMER/MONSTER BATTLE ANIME KID. You know, the spiky-haired twerp that trains powerful monsters to do battle alla Red or Tachi. Goggles optional. Whether this works like the summoner where they get one evolving companion or rather uses existing D&D monsters, capturing them somehow and giving them some kind of evolution/powerup mechanic is up to you, but either way, this one needs to be made as well.

If you can make these I'd love you forever and ever.

Prime32
2011-10-21, 06:55 PM
Needs Balance, Craft and Search as class skills (Ride seems less necessary), and the ability to negate "natural 1 = automatic failure" (a la knight) while composed. Maybe restrict the martial weapon proficiency to polearms, since those were traditionally regarded as womens' weapons. Unbroken Will seems kind of overkill on a Wis-based class with good Will saves. Maybe the ability to take 20 on skill checks in less time?

Also

You may also lose composure by becoming confused, exhausted, frightened, nauseated, or panicked; however, you immediately regain your composure after leaving these states. This suggests that you can restore someone's composure by nauseating them for 1 round, similar to the "heal by drowning" trick. Better to say the benefits of your composure are suppressed.

EDIT:

I love these, they are awesome...but one you must do...THE LONG-HAIRED CLICHE BISHI VILLAIN/EVIL OVERLORD(See: Naraku, Sephiroth, Lord Zagato ect..)...possible abilities include: Spellcasting of some kind is a definite(and most likely cha-based casting, I would assume), some way of gaining an odd form of immortality(As many anime villains seem to have this), a way of obtaining mooks(thrallheard style leadership maybe?) possibly optional melee prows(some of these guys like to use swords, after all.)....possibly some good armor proficiencies as well?(as a lot of these guys like flashy armor(Zagato...just Zagato. Also see Ill-Palazzo's sholder guards of doom, Naraku's evil-tastic bone armor ect..).)Those are mostly Aloof Big Brothers (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AloofBigBrother), with some villains who wear weird armor thrown in. (how is Il-Palazzo related to Sephiroth any more than to Giovanni or Skeletor?)
Aloof Big Brother and/or Bishonen could make a prestige class though.

Likewise, another one you must do..THE MONSTER TAMER/MONSTER BATTLE ANIME KID. You know, the spiky-haired twerp that trains powerful monsters to do battle alla Red or Tachi. Goggles optional. Whether this works like the summoner where they get one evolving companion or rather uses existing D&D monsters, capturing them somehow and giving them some kind of evolution/powerup mechanic is up to you, but either way, this one needs to be made as well.There's an awesome one here (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Monster_Tamer_%283.5e_Class%29), albeit balanced for Tome.

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-21, 10:40 PM
I like idea of a monster tamer, but I think it would be really hard to balance into the game properly. Still sounds like a lot of fun, though. An attempt should be made; I might take a stab at it if Rainy doesn't.

I'd make that feat add two free Composure points, BTW; I wouldn't take the feat for just one.

Ajadea
2011-10-21, 10:53 PM
If you're looking for a class feature to fill one of the annoying dead levels, may I suggest something like the rogue's Skill Mastery, perhaps based on Wisdom instead of Intelligence?

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-21, 11:03 PM
Needs Balance, Craft and Search as class skills (Ride seems less necessary), and the ability to negate "natural 1 = automatic failure" (a la knight) while composed. Maybe restrict the martial weapon proficiency to polearms, since those were traditionally regarded as womens' weapons. Unbroken Will seems kind of overkill on a Wis-based class with good Will saves. Maybe the ability to take 20 on skill checks in less time?

This suggests that you can restore someone's composure by nauseating them for 1 round, similar to the "heal by drowning" trick. Better to say the benefits of your composure are suppressed.

I'll take your word on a lot of these things since you suggested the class to me in the first place. :smalltongue: Class skills and proficiencies changed, natural 1 negation added, composure wording altered, and I see your point about the massive Will overkill I've got going on. I'll consider taking it out once I toss a feature or two in its place.

I like idea of a monster tamer, but I think it would be really hard to balance into the game properly. Still sounds like a lot of fun, though. An attempt should be made; I might take a stab at it if Rainy doesn't.

I'd make that feat add two free Composure points, BTW; I wouldn't take the feat for just one.

Thanks for your input! The feat's been modified. Also, feel free to take a stab at the class, since I honestly don't have much of an idea in mind about how to make a monster trainer.

If you're looking for a class feature to fill one of the annoying dead levels, may I suggest something like the rogue's Skill Mastery, perhaps based on Wisdom instead of Intelligence?

A good idea that fits perfectly with the concept! Thanks. :smallbiggrin:

John Cribati
2011-10-21, 11:34 PM
Must I say that the Yamato Nadeshiko you've got there could be easily refluffed into a better paladin than the Core Paladin.

Also, there is an appalling lack of the "Total Idiot except in combat where he's practically in Mensa" hero.

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-21, 11:57 PM
True, you need a bumbling idiot hero.

You also need the Inadvertent Harem Master in my opinion, but that could just be me. :smallwink:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-10-22, 09:27 AM
That take on the monster tamer is interesting, I will admit, but I'd like to see what, if anything, can be done with it here. Mainly because the other attempt due to being tome based it's not "anime" enough for me.(Light armor proficiency?...since when has a digidestine or pokemon trainer been seen walking around in light armor?)

Prime32
2011-10-22, 10:21 AM
That take on the monster tamer is interesting, I will admit, but I'd like to see what, if anything, can be done with it here. Mainly because the other attempt due to being tome based it's not "anime" enough for me.(Light armor proficiency?...since when has a digidestine or pokemon trainer been seen walking around in light armor?)
*cough* Ryo (digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ryo_Akiyama) *cough* Ken (http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ken_Ichijouji#Digimon_Adventure_02) *cough* Team Plasma (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Plasma) *cough* Iron-Masked Marauder (bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iron-Masked_Marauder) *cough* Steelheads (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Steelhead) *cough* The Phantom (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Phantom) *cough* :smalltongue:

Also, there is an appalling lack of the "Total Idiot except in combat where he's practically in Mensa" hero.My solution:

Find Weakness (Ex): Fighters learn to recognise new abilities and adapt to them. A fighter can make skill checks to identify spells, creatures, etc. as if he had a number of ranks in the relevant skill equal to his fighter level +3. A fighter can only learn information on his target's game stats with this ability - for instance, when identifying a troll he could learn of its regeneration and how to overcome it, but not that it is called a troll or how common trolls are in the area. However, if he has ranks in the relevant skill he can still learn this information with a normal check.
Or maybe tie it to BAB and bring in "The Edge" (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Races_of_War_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29/Advanced_Combat).

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-22, 09:40 PM
Okay, strictly speaking, this one really isn't a general anime archetype. And technically, it's really more JRPG-inspired than anime-inspired, but hey, it's a game that recently got an anime adaptation, right? You might even be able to make a monster-tamer styled character by tweaking this a round a bit. I'm talking about:

The Persona-user
"I am thou, and thou art I... The time has come... Open thine eyes, and call forth what is within!"
-Izanagi, Persona 4
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Izanagi.jpg

By facing down your own shadow and accepting the darkest reaches of your soul which others would desperately deny, you have gained the power of Persona, the ability to summon forth a physical manifestation of your psyche. From this day forward, you will embark on a journey of growth, facing down the challenges of the world to grow both as both a person and Persona...

Base attack bonus is identical to the cleric. Will save is good; Fortitude and Reflex are poor. Hit die is the d8. Persona-users are proficient with simple weapons and light armor. Skills are 4+Int; class skills are Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device.

Persona-user

1st|Awakening, Evoking, I Am Thou, Face Your Other Self

2nd|Evolution, Reach out to the Truth (+2)

3rd|Strength of Heart

4th|

5th|Linked Resistance, Face Your Other Self

6th|Wild Card

7th|Resolution (+2)

8th|

9th|Reach Out to the Truth (+4)

10th|Face Your Other Self

11th|Resilient Mind

12th|

13th|

14th|Resolution (+3)

15th|Face Your Other Self

16th|Reach out to the Truth (+6)

17th|Brave the Hollow Forest

18th|

19th|

20th|Impervious Mind, Face Your Other Self, Resolution (+4)[/table]

Class Features:

Awakening: A Persona-user’s talent lies in his ability to manifest his inner strength in a physical form. Starting at 1st level, a Persona-user awakens to his Persona, a physical representation of his psyche. The Persona-user may select the form that his Persona takes, choosing any creature or monster with an ECL no higher than one level above his Persona-user level. The Persona retains the use of all abilities available to an ordinary monster of the same species except for abilities which summon other creatures and abilities that the base monster cannot use at least once per day.

Evoking: Personas do not have a persistent physical presence like a druid or ranger’s animal companion. To make use of his unique strength, a Persona-user must call forth his Persona from the depths of his mind and summon it into the physical world. As a full-round action requiring concentration and provoking attacks of opportunity, a Persona-user may “evoke” his Persona, causing it to materialize within 10ft. of himself.

I Am Thou: As a facet of the Persona-user’s own mind rather than a separate entity, a Persona shares a more direct relationship with its summoner than an ordinary monster does with its tamer. A Persona and its master share the same round during combat and count as a single entity for initiative purposes. A Persona-user may always directly control his own Persona with no need for Handle Animal, Concentration, or any other skill check, but directing the Persona to take any action counts as a standard action for the master. Damage dealt to the Persona trickles back psychologically to exhaust its master; any damage received by the Persona is also received by the master as nonlethal damage. If the Persona falls below 0 hit points, it dissipates, dazing the master for 1 round. Following this round, the Persona may be called forth again at full HP.

Evolution: A Persona shifts its form as its master grows and develops. Starting at 2nd level and at every following level in the class, a Persona-user may select a different creature as the form of his Persona (subject to the ordinary limits on ECL). The Persona-user may apply any templates he desires to his Persona.

Reach Out to the Truth: Along with an acceptance of one’s true self comes a commitment to seeing through the facades and deceptions that others use to delude themselves and others. Starting at 2nd level, you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws to see through illusions. This bonus increases with level.

Strength of Heart: A Persona-user’s own mental power translates into the strength of his Persona. Starting at 3rd level, you may apply your INT, WIS, and CHA modifiers as ability score bonuses to your Persona’s STR, DEX, and CON. Each of your mental score modifiers must give its entire bonus to one of the Persona’s physical abilities, and each mental modifier must be paired with a different ability. You may treat negative modifiers as values of 0 for the purpose of this ability.

Linked Resistance: An experienced Persona-user often begins to exhibit the traits of his own Persona. Starting at 5th level, a Persona-user gains any damage reductions, energy resistances, or spell resistances possessed by his Persona.

Face Your Other Self: A Persona-user must accept the parts of his own personality that he least desires to face, and he matures psychologically as a result. At 1st level and at every other indicated level, a Persona-user may apply a +1 bonus to his INT, WIS, or CHA score.

Wild Card: Starting at 6th level, a Persona-user hones his ability to switch between different Personas. During any period of rest lasting at least six hours, you may change your chosen Persona to another allowable form. You may only perform this switch once per day.

Resolution: Starting at 7th level, the maximum ECL of your Persona is increased to two levels above your Persona-user level (as opposed to 1). This bonus increases with level.

Resilient Mind: A Persona-user gradually strengthens his mind as he faces the psychological burdens posed by summoning his Persona into battle, gaining the ability to better withstand hits to the body of his Persona. Starting at 11th level, a Persona-user halves (rounding down) the nonlethal damage he receives due to damage received by his Persona.

Brave the Hollow Forest: A Persona-user’s abilities give him a long, intimate experience with the fears, anxieties, pressures, and influences that affect the mind, eventually granting him near immunity to such effects. Starting at 17th level, a Persona-user may cast mind blank on himself at will. This ability does not function during his dazed period after having his Persona dissipated.

Impervious Mind: A Persona-user who has mastered his talent can insulate himself perfectly from the shocks received by his Persona, gaining greater lasting power during battle. Starting at 20th level, a Persona-user no longer receives nonlethal damage due to damage received by his Persona.

...it's a little rough, sure, so I hope it make enough sense as is. I'm overall pretty happy with how it turned out, though, and hopefully the dead levels won't be as much of a problem here since each level opens up new Personas. Unfortunately, this class will require a lot of eyeballing level adjustments to come up with ECLs. Also, I'm unsure whether or not I should include a daily limit on evoking the Persona. For now, I left it out since the trickle-back of damage should limit endless summoning until higher levels. And, as always, I'd love your general opinions! :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-10-23, 01:28 AM
Grammar nitpick: I'm fairly sure what you're looking for is I am Thee, not I am Thou.

Razgriez
2011-10-23, 09:06 AM
The Hot-Blooded Hero
Fighters have training. Paladins have justice. Barbarians have savage strength. Rangers have cunning. And you have the confidence of a thousand drug-addled street gangs packed into a single human body.

You are a Hot-Blooded Hero, an incarnation of tireless MANLY DETERMINATION!!! whose blazing soul incinerates the evils of the world and sustains you through defeats and injuries that should logically crush you a thousand times over. Never give up and never give in, because the people need a hero, and as far as you're concerned, that person might as well be you.
Flaming Fist of Fury: Drawing all your manly spirit into a single punch, you knock your opponent off his feet with the blazing heat of your very soul! Starting at 3rd level, as a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity from any enemies except the one being targeted by the ability, you may make an unarmed attack against your target’s touch AC. If the attack connects, the enemy is knocked prone, takes lethal damage equal to your usual unarmed damage plus your HBH level, and catches on fire

*looks at class, pauses, thinks for a moment, then puts on a Gundam Mask and a Red Bandana, raises right hand*

"This hand of mine is BURNING RED! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory! ERUPTING, BURNING, FINGER!!!!" :smallcool:

I like this class, and the Persona class quite a bit.... now pardon me, I need to start bugging my DM to let me use these. And he's a Persona fan to boot :smallbiggrin:

Terazul
2011-10-23, 09:15 AM
Grammar nitpick: I'm fairly sure what you're looking for is I am Thee, not I am Thou.

Nah, Persona's thing is "I AM THOU, THOU ART I" for the introduction of the various Personas that are a part of you. :smallwink:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-10-23, 09:43 AM
Even if the Persona class isn't strictly anime based, it does bare resemblance to the characters of Shaman King and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Sort of.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-23, 09:48 AM

Nah, Persona's thing is "I AM THOU, THOU ART I" for the introduction of the various Personas that are a part of you. :smallwink:

Like Terazul said, yeah, "I am thou and thou art I" is the way that it goes in the games. Also, since I'm pretty sure that two nouns linked together by "to be" have the same case, "I am thou" is actually correct since 'I' and 'thou' are both nominative and 'thee' is accusative/dative. It's the same general principle behind why English grammar nuts insist on saying "this is she" instead of "this is her" on the phone. :smalltongue:

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-26, 09:21 PM
The Moe Musician (PrC)
"Whenever I look at you, my heart thumps (doki-doki!)
Like a marshmallow, my shaking heart is light and fluffy..."
—"Fuwa Fuwa Time" -K-ON!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/MoeMusician.jpg

The first time you picked up and strummed your beloved Gitah, you found true love... and everyone else around you felt the bright flash of a torch of moe burning more brightly than ever. Take up your pens and instruments, o moe girls, and write the heartwarmingly sweet songs and insanely energetic anthems of the next generation!

Prerequisites:
Skills: Perform (10 ranks)
Special: Moe Boost class feature, bardic music class feature

Base attack bonus and saving throws are identical to those of the mystic theurge. Moe Musicians gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies. Hit die is d6, skills are 6+Int bonus, and class skills are any on the bard or Moe Girl skill list (including class skills gained via Moe Mannerisms or Cosplay Specializations).

Moe Musician

1st|Synergy, Gitah!

2nd|Moe Performance, Pure Pure Heart

3rd|Fuwa Fuwa Time

4th|Go! Go! MANIAC

5th|NO, Thank You!

6th|Improved Moe Performance[/table]

Class Features:

Synergy: It turns out that cute girls and cute songs are two great tastes that taste great together! Your Moe Musician class level stacks with levels from other relevant classes for determining both daily uses of bardic music and daily uses of your Moe Boost. This does not extend to acquiring any other class features.

Gitah!: Whether you prefer Gitah or Elizabass, you’ve developed an adorable attachment to your instrument that only strengthens your already powerful moe appeal. At 1st level, you may select a masterwork-quality instrument corresponding to a Perform skill in which you have at least 10 ranks. While carrying or holding this instrument, your Moe Boost increases by 1. You may only have one such instrument at a time; if you do not have such an instrument upon entering the class or lose your existing Gitah, you may designate a new Gitah as soon as you acquire one.

Moe Performance: Although you try your best to be a truly talented musician, the truth is that people watch you for your moe as much as for your music, and the two talents complement each other nicely. You may add your Moe Boost to Perform checks, and by expending two daily uses of your Moe Boost, you may apply your Moe Boost to the bonuses granted by inspire courage, inspire competence, inspire heroics, and the non-Hit Dice effects of inspire greatness. At 6th level, this ability requires only one daily use of your Moe Boost.

Pure Pure Heart: Your song can bring out the inner innocence of nearly any creature, bringing hostilities to an end just long enough for your tender voice to sound out uncluttered by the clashing of swords. Starting at 2nd level, you can expend a daily use of your bardic music to cast calm emotions and sanctuary on all creatures in earshot as a caster of your bard level (taking Moe Musician level into account) and with a save DC of your Perform check. You may voluntarily exclude creatures from this effect (although you may not exclude a creature from only one of the two spells).

Fuwa Fuwa Time: Raising the microphone to your lips, you let loose a song laden down with lyrics unbelievably sweet enough to overwhelm your foes’ poor, unsuspecting ears. Starting at 3rd level, you can expend a daily use of your bardic music to force all creatures in earshot to make a Will save of DC equal to your Perform check or become nauseated for as long as your perform, up to one minute. You may voluntarily exclude creatures from this effect.

Go! Go! MANIAC: With a fast-paced beat and a quick stream of high-pitched vocals, you fill your foes’ heads with more bubbly, bouncy moe energy than they can handle! Starting at 4th level, you can expend a daily use of your bardic music to force all creatures in earshot to make a Will save of a DC equal to your Perform check or become confused for as long as you perform, up to two minutes. You may voluntarily exclude creatures from this effect.

NO, Thank You!: Backed by a driving guitar and drumbeat, you stick out your hand in an unbearably cute act of defiance and say “no thanks” to the mean old magic of your enemies! Starting at 5th level, you may expend a daily use of your bardic music to project an antimagic field with a caster level of your bard level (taking Moe Musician level into account). The antimagic field persists for as long as you keep up your performance.

...so, if it wasn't already apparent, this is a little prestige class meant pretty much only for multiclassed bard/Moe Girls. I apologize if a lot of you don't pick up on all the references in this one, since this class is a lot more heavily focused on a single anime (K-ON!, obviously) than my previous ones. Hope you enjoy it, though! Opinions? :smallsmile:

zegram 33
2011-10-27, 08:15 AM
hey, about the persona...what about if the "wild card" effect was more like, having a second persona, with a lower level (say 1 or 2 levels lower than your main persona" as well, and be able to change that one.)
because being able to change it at will like that kinda goes against th idea of the persona as kinda a recurring character.
i dont know, that may not be what you were driving for at all, but it seems like if you'd like an alternate persona, being able to do that might be a snazzier way of going about it, and leaving you with a "signature persona"
all the classes are flipping awesome though!

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-27, 08:42 AM
hey, about the persona...what about if the "wild card" effect was more like, having a second persona, with a lower level (say 1 or 2 levels lower than your main persona" as well, and be able to change that one.)
because being able to change it at will like that kinda goes against th idea of the persona as kinda a recurring character.
i dont know, that may not be what you were driving for at all, but it seems like if you'd like an alternate persona, being able to do that might be a snazzier way of going about it, and leaving you with a "signature persona"
all the classes are flipping awesome though!

I did consider that, but in the end, I designed the class more around the protagonists of P3/P4 than the supporting cast. The supporting cast's signature Personas are snazzy indeed, but I didn't really have a good idea of how to advance a Persona enough to make it useful but balanced at everywhere from 1st to 20th level. Unless you intentionally make the game difficult for yourself, though (like those guys on Youtube who beat all the bosses with just Izanagi and Izanagi-no-Okami), the protagonists discard their signature Personas really early on and spend the entire game switching between increasingly powerful Personas until they hit the highest Personas the game has to offer, and that's what I designed the class around.

That said, it sounds like it would make a good alternative class feature - maybe giving up the wild card ability to gain unique advancement options for your Persona? I'll consider giving it a shot sometime. :smallsmile:

DracoDei
2011-10-27, 11:44 AM
Your tables need work!
See the stickied thread about notable threads at the top of the homebrewing forum for help.

Vauron
2011-10-27, 06:30 PM
I think that it might be a good idea to explicitly mention how Persona User deals with the uses/day of her Persona. Mostly, I think it really needs to made clear for after you acquire Wild Card. For instance, what if you wake up with a Solar as your Persona, you use its wish, than you switch to a Pit Fiend to use its wish, than switch back to the Solar. In that situation, would you be able to use the Solar's wish again? What if the first solar was a normal solar, and the other was a pseudonatural one?

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-27, 06:51 PM
Your tables need work!
See the stickied thread about notable threads at the top of the homebrewing forum for help.

Sorry. :smallredface: I just don't really see the point of manually putting in all the values when I can say the same with a few simple lines of text. Well, I mean, I see the point, I just don't think it's worth the trouble.

I think that it might be a good idea to explicitly mention how Persona User deals with the uses/day of her Persona. Mostly, I think it really needs to made clear for after you acquire Wild Card. For instance, what if you wake up with a Solar as your Persona, you use its wish, than you switch to a Pit Fiend to use its wish, than switch back to the Solar. In that situation, would you be able to use the Solar's wish again? What if the first solar was a normal solar, and the other was a pseudonatural one?

Okay, I've clarified the Wild Card ability as being usable only once a day. The idea was that you get to select your Persona on a daily basis in the same way a wizard or cleric prepares her spells, so is there a better way to put that into words?

Vauron
2011-10-27, 08:55 PM
Okay, I've clarified the Wild Card ability as being usable only once a day. The idea was that you get to select your Persona on a daily basis in the same way a wizard or cleric prepares her spells, so is there a better way to put that into words?

Alright, I suppose that is a way to deal with that situation. Considering you can only swap once a day, I wonder if the '6 hours rest' bit is needed. Although, it doesn't address my question of 'if you switch from the base version of a monster, to a templated one, do you have a fresh set of uses/day?'. Outside of cases like farming wishes or similar instances, I expect it wouldn't be that big a deal for uses to be reset, but I don't really trust my sense for balance.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-27, 09:07 PM
Alright, I suppose that is a way to deal with that situation. Considering you can only swap once a day, I wonder if the '6 hours rest' bit is needed. Although, it doesn't address my question of 'if you switch from the base version of a monster, to a templated one, do you have a fresh set of uses/day?'. Outside of cases like farming wishes or similar instances, I expect it wouldn't be that big a deal for uses to be reset, but I don't really trust my sense for balance.

The "6 hours of rest" bit was just based on my vague recollection that there was some minimum amount of time that spellcasters needed to rest in order to refresh their spell selection; my intention was that the same amount of mental rest be necessary to transform a Persona.

In response to your concern, the only time that would be an issue would be if a monster can use an ability less often than 1/day, right? If a solar can only use wish 1/day, then waiting a day to swap Personas isn't going to be any faster than waiting a day for the ability to refresh. It's not like you can go around swapping Personas in the middle of a dungeon unless you have six hours to kill and a safe enough place for your Persona-user to rest for that much time. Anyways, I think I'm going to impose two restrictions on what abilities Personas can carry from the monsters they're modeled after: 1.) No abilities which summon other monsters, and 2.) No use of abilities which the ordinary monster cannot use at least 1/day.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-28, 03:34 PM
And now, another Moe Girl 6-level prestige class, this time in the scary Halloween spirit! It's really meant more for an antagonist, but I suppose it could fit a seriously messed-up PC...

The Dark Moe Girl
"More... more love... Wait for me, my sisters... I want to show you my love!"
—Chaos (while bloodily dismembering seagulls), Sora no Otoshimono
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/ChaosHappy.png
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/ChaosScary.jpg
Yep, same character.

Perhaps you suffered a traumatic experience which forever scarred your fragile mind, or perhaps you were simply born wrong, but you're not like the other Moe Girls. You entranced the people around you by playing with kittens in the living room, but you skinned them alive in the backyard and burned the evidence to ash when no one was looking... and who could resist your teary, pleading eyes asking for a new kitty after Mr. Fluffy "ran away" like the last five cats they bought you?

Your adorable, huggable exterior is the only thing that's kept people from catching on to your increasingly unstable mind... and even when you look down into the eyes of the dying after carrying out the desires spawned from the swirling darkness of your heart, you'll giggle just as girlishly and smile as innocently as ever.

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Any nongood
Skills: Bluff (10 ranks), Disguise (10 ranks), Move Silently (10 ranks)
Special: Moe Boost class feature; you must kill someone for no reason other than to enter this class.

Base attack bonus and saving throws are identical to those of the assassin. Hit die is the d6. Skills are 6+Int, and class skills are Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device, and Use Rope.

Dark Moe Girl

1st|Moe Progression, Alignment Dependency, Façade Break (Shake), Death Attack

2nd|Moe Concealment, Cosplay Concealment

3rd|Façade Break (Frighten), Twisted Mind

4th|Unsettling Appearance, Give Me Your Love

5th|Façade Break (Panic), Let Me Show You My Love

6th|Horrible Presence[/table]

Class Features:

Moe Progression: Dark Moe Girl levels stack with Moe Girl levels for determining your daily number of uses of your Moe Boost. You do not receive any other Moe Girl class features.

Alignment Dependency: The way of the Dark Moe Girl is one of whole-heartedly embracing suffering and death as the highest forms of kindness and most exquisite entertainment and is as such incompatible with a truly altruistic outlook on life. Dark Moe Girls may change to a good alignment after taking levels in the class, but doing so requires them to repress their own insanity and prevents the use of the following class features: Façade Break, Death Attack, Twisted Mind, Give Me Your Love, Let Me Show You My Love, and Horrible Presence.

Façade Break: Where other Moe Girls have a natural disposition towards being huggable blobs of sweetness, your moe appeal is a rainbow-and-sunshine veil which conceals your bone-chillingly horrifying nature. By tearing this veil off when your foes least expect it, you can terrify your foes with the sight of your true self, whether this take the form of an innocent smile turning into a slasher’s smirk or simply that innocent smile staying in place as you request in a dead-calm voice that they not struggle too much while you dismember them. Starting at 1st level, once per encounter as a free action, you can force all enemies who can see you to make a Will save of DC (10 + your Moe Boost + your Moe Girl level + twice your Moe Assassin level) or become shaken for a number of minutes equal to your Dark Moe Girl level. After using this ability, you cannot make use of any abilities which expend one of your daily Moe Boosts for the rest of the encounter. At 3rd level, this ability frightens your enemies. At 5th level, this ability panics your enemies.

Death Attack: Despite not technically being an assassin, your obsessive fascination with death and suffering gives you a natural knack for their signature technique, the death attack. Starting at 1st level, you gain a death attack ability identical to that of the assassin except that the Fortitude save DC is determined by (10 + Dark Moe Girl class level + Moe Boost + INT modifier). After performing a death attack, you cannot make use of any abilities which expend one of your daily Moe Boosts for one minute.

Moe Concealment: You put your moe to use as a means of lowering your victim’s guard, passing yourself off as a harmless little girl for just long enough to decide where in the body to insert the knives you’re hiding under your frilly skirt. Starting at 2nd level, you may expend a daily use of your Moe Boost to attempt to conceal yourself with your moe appearance. To do so, make a Bluff check adjusted by your Moe Boost. Any creature who notices you must make a Sense Motive check against your result. They receive a +4 circumstance bonus to this check if they have particular reason to perceive you as a threat (i.e., they have previously seen you stabbing a person, their superiors have warned them about a little girl who stabs people, et cetera). If they fail this check, they may not take any offensive or defensive actions against you, and they are considered flat-footed against your attacks until you take some action which contradicts their impression of you. You may perform the 3 rounds of study required for a death attack while moe-concealed. If a creature successfully resists your moe concealment, it does not need to make another check for 24 hours.

Cosplay Concealment: Who expects the cute little girl with the catgirl ears to actually be a totally unhinged pyscho killer? This ability functions as Moe Concealment but is dependent upon a Moe Boost-adjusted Disguise check made while creating the disguise rather than a Bluff check made on the spot.

Twisted Mind: Underneath your adorable face lies a twisted mass of hate and suffering which grows darker and more tangled by the day. Any spellcaster who tries to plumb its sickening depths or harness its shadowy currents will feel the unpleasant aftereffects of getting a firsthand glimpse of your true self. Starting at 3rd level, any creature which attempts to use detect alignment, detect thoughts, or any charm or compulsion on you must make a Will save of DC (17 + your Dark Moe Girl level) or be affected as the spell insanity, regardless of spell resistance. Additionally, you become immune to confusion.

Unsettling Appearance: When things go wrong and you can’t kill your opponents with the first strike, you play up your seeming innocence and girlishness to unsettle your opponents and make their sword arms waver long enough for you to slip a blade into their guts. Starting at 4th level, when any creature attempts to take an immediately hostile action towards you (i.e. make an attack roll, cast an offensive spell, perform a grapple or bull rush, et cetera), it must make a Will save of DC (10 + your Dark Moe Girl level + your Moe Boost) or fail to follow through, wasting the action. If the hesitating foe occupies an area you threaten, you may make an attack of opportunity which regards the enemy as flat-footed. Once a creature successfully makes its Will save, it does not need to make another save for 24 hours.

Give Me Your Love: Your mind has developed a disturbing hunger for the fear and pain of the dying, and little warms your heart and brightens your smile as much as sucking the final drop of warmth from your victims. Starting at 4th level, you may cast death knell as a caster of three times your Dark Moe Girl level with the following differences: No Will save is allowed. Instead of the normal bonuses acquired, you gain 1d8 temporary hit points and a +1 bonus to your Moe Boost which lasts for the spell’s usual duration. You may stack multiple uses of this ability to receive a larger Moe Boost.

Let Me Show You My Love: From somewhere deep within the swirling darkness of your soul came both the desire and the ability to implant the contents of your profoundly warped mind into other people, regardless of whether or not they want it. Starting at 5th level, in any situation in which you would be entitled to make a death attack, you may instead attempt to channel your horrifying thoughts into another being’s mind. This functions as insanity with a caster level of three times your Dark Moe Girl level and a save DC of (17 + your Dark Moe Girl level). If the target succeeds on its save, you may not target it again with the same ability for 24 hours, but it does not become aware of your attempt to affect it. This ability does not prohibit the further use of Moe Boost-dependent abilities like an ordinary death attack, and it does not give off any detectable indication that you are using the ability.

Horrible Presence: Your soul has begun to overflow with your unique tangle of childish love, disturbing urges, and sheer insanity, pouring out in the form of your barely repressible giggles, unblinking stare, innocent smile, nervous twitches, and a laundry list of other minor but cumulatively unsettling mannerisms. Starting at 6th level, within a circle around you with a 50ft. radius, creatures always count as threatened for the purpose of skill checks, must succeed on Concentration checks of DC (10 + your Moe Boost + your Dark Moe Girl level) in order to successfully cast spells or perform any other action requiring concentration, and automatically become shaken if they have fewer Hit Dice than your Moe Boost. You may voluntarily exclude creatures from this effect or completely suppress this effect at will.

...this class started out just as an attempt to make a combat-themed Moe Girl prestige class, but it quickly became something a lot more horror-themed when I vaguely modeled its personality after one of the few anime antagonists to make me regularly shiver in my seat (SERIOUSLY. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWhp5DFoy9g))

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-28, 03:49 PM
The Dark Moe Girl
...Snip...

This would work really well with the Ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) class from a fluff standpoint

Merchant
2011-10-29, 04:13 AM
I thought of two feats for two different classes. Somewhat of a polar opposite.
I think the pervert should have the ability to embarrass any girl. Embarrass: A girl is still a girl when it comes done to it. It would count as losing a move action. Not sure if it sure have a limit per day or not.

The Yamato girl could have a feat choice Stoicism. And this feat protects from this Perverts effect.

I think another class would be something similar to a mecha girl or an inventor.
--------------------
I just want to state that even though I love anime and manga my terminology is quite bad. Under the impression that otaku either refers to collectable figurines or dressing up. If it is the collector I was seeing this Otaku class as a summoner of sorts. If this person is a uber cosplayer then making a prestige class that treats them similar to shapeshifter where they are more like their costumes.
---------------------------------
Gamer ( isee as something like an archiver that has knowledge based off his game genres that he specializes in. Fantasy, horror, fighting, dating sim, etc..)

The Harem Master I see this person as a healer and protector of those that belong to his harem. He should be able to sense perverts around his harem members. shield other. Be called by them like an anti summon. Locate them. I see the Harem Master like a loser-hero. He is never in the spot light unless one of his Harem girls are in danger.
Ability wise I think whenever he uses them (looks cool in the process) All eligible creatures have to make a Harem check to see if they are swayed by his actions. I think that it should be a process as well. If they fail their save they may become more inclined to help him out. I think there should be a bonus to social checks with those potential harem girls. Everytime one fails the Harem check they get a Harem point. Or maybe more than one depending on difference in rolls. And maybe when the character has maybe half their level of Harem points they are counted as helpful towards the Harem Master and gains any bonuses that are granted from the Harem Master to his Harem members.

I think that A game should Only have two Harem masters. In action mangas/animes there is the good side and the bad side. Sekerei being an obvious exception.
PS. Harem girls are not groupies or fans. Maybe a special LEadership that allows you to add Harem girls if it may be too much to impress them.

I think I remember someone making a bishounen class or template a while back ago. I think some templates might be nice. I have seen a few harem mangas where a girly-looking guy is thrown in the mix(possible crossdressing involved) If the character doesn't swing that way then perhaps instead of joining the Harem they have a deep respect and wish to guard this person.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-29, 08:51 AM
I thought of two feats for two different classes. Somewhat of a polar opposite.
I think the pervert should have the ability to embarrass any girl. Embarrass: A girl is still a girl when it comes done to it. It would count as losing a move action. Not sure if it sure have a limit per day or not.

The Yamato girl could have a feat choice Stoicism. And this feat protects from this Perverts effect.

I like the concept of the first one, but I'd probably change the mechanical effect of it and might just make it a class feature instead of a feat. As for the second, a feat whose sole purpose is to protect against one feat/class feature of a single class feels a little too niche... that said, it might be something worth making yourself if you can establish with the DM that it'll actually see some regular use. :smalltongue:

I think another class would be something similar to a mecha girl or an inventor.

Maybe you're just telepathic, since a robo girl was something I've been thinking of doing for a while, if only to be able to make Aigis as a robo girl/Persona-user. :smalltongue:

I just want to state that even though I love anime and manga my terminology is quite bad. Under the impression that otaku either refers to collectable figurines or dressing up. If it is the collector I was seeing this Otaku class as a summoner of sorts. If this person is a uber cosplayer then making a prestige class that treats them similar to shapeshifter where they are more like their costumes.

I've already made the Moe Girl a cosplay specialist, but I'll keep it in mind to add as a potential class feature when I decide what direction I want to take with the 'otaku' class.

Gamer ( isee as something like an archiver that has knowledge based off his game genres that he specializes in. Fantasy, horror, fighting, dating sim, etc..)

Yep, you must be telepathic. I have pretty much this exact idea in mind. :smalltongue:

The Harem Master I see this person as a healer and protector of those that belong to his harem. He should be able to sense perverts around his harem members. shield other. Be called by them like an anti summon. Locate them. I see the Harem Master like a loser-hero. He is never in the spot light unless one of his Harem girls are in danger.
Ability wise I think whenever he uses them (looks cool in the process) All eligible creatures have to make a Harem check to see if they are swayed by his actions. I think that it should be a process as well. If they fail their save they may become more inclined to help him out. I think there should be a bonus to social checks with those potential harem girls. Everytime one fails the Harem check they get a Harem point. Or maybe more than one depending on difference in rolls. And maybe when the character has maybe half their level of Harem points they are counted as helpful towards the Harem Master and gains any bonuses that are granted from the Harem Master to his Harem members.

I think that A game should Only have two Harem masters. In action mangas/animes there is the good side and the bad side. Sekerei being an obvious exception.
PS. Harem girls are not groupies or fans. Maybe a special LEadership that allows you to add Harem girls if it may be too much to impress them.

This is another idea I have, but with a certain limitation: the harem guy doesn't need to recruit out of people the party encounters, he just gains them (magically!) as a class feature. This lets me keep a bit stricter watch on what kinds of characters he can bring to the party and streamlines the whole negotiation process of getting someone to join.

I think I remember someone making a bishounen class or template a while back ago. I think some templates might be nice. I have seen a few harem mangas where a girly-looking guy is thrown in the mix(possible crossdressing involved) If the character doesn't swing that way then perhaps instead of joining the Harem they have a deep respect and wish to guard this person.

My current idea for the bishounen class is like a mirror image to the Moe Girl class - the Moe Girl is built really heavily around buffing her allies with her endearing cuteness, so the Bishounen will be the king of debuffing his enemies with a variety of swishy, sparkling distractions and status effects. :smallwink:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-29, 01:26 PM
For Harem Master, I would strictly limit the people in the harem to the classes listed here in this thread, with the possible exception of Cleric (I don't recall you saying anything about making a divine caster). Just a suggestion. :smallsmile:

Merchant
2011-10-29, 02:28 PM
I am of the same opinion Noctis. Harem should be based on the classes here, otherwise what is the point of having an anime Harem if you don't get the proper girls.

I figured the 'magically' aquiring of the Harem would work as well. Something akin to the MindThrall. Welknair did a Noble-bloodline where I think he gained some cohorts through the level.

I find in the anime that everytime the Harem MAster does something out of character or what they think is his character, they fall under the Harem aura.

I see two possibilities to add to the simple cohort type Harem. He gains contacts just like a bard would (under some form of contact rules) one for every class. The second is kind of like those tag team fighting games where the team member jumps in to make a surprise attack. Kind of like an immediate summons in dire straights. Not sure about that one.

zegram 33
2011-10-29, 04:34 PM
yeh, if thats the plan, what about havng 5 or 6 "types" of recruits
(say, an arcane caster, a divine caster, a straight fighter, a rogue, and a moe girl type buff-y one, and maybe a paladin/y tank?) and then having either/or them upgrade as you level, or gain mor eof them as you level
obviously they'd each have to be much weaker than an actual pc of that class, but if you give the harem char a variety of abilities along the line of amplifying defensive (divine, moe, and tank) while weakeningattack types, and another ability for vice versa.
at mid to high levels have these abilities extend to your actual party, then maybe lock the number of "recruits" who follow you at 3, have the actual harem guy gain titanic buffs/abilities if one of the followers is injured, and even more so if one goes into negative hitpoints, and same for them and you?
as always im just throwing idea's out there, dunno if any of that is of the vein your really looking for, but hey :smallsmile:

Prime32
2011-10-29, 09:12 PM
I just want to state that even though I love anime and manga my terminology is quite bad. Under the impression that otaku either refers to collectable figurines or dressing up. If it is the collector I was seeing this Otaku class as a summoner of sorts. If this person is a uber cosplayer then making a prestige class that treats them similar to shapeshifter where they are more like their costumes.Otaku (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Otaku) = geek/nerd, but they're viewed more negatively in Japan than a lot of places.

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-29, 09:15 PM
Actually it, quite literally, means obsessed. I should know since i am one.

Prime32
2011-10-29, 09:23 PM
Actually it, quite literally, means obsessed. I should know since i am one.I thought it literally meant "you". :smalltongue:

Maho-Tsukai
2011-10-29, 09:32 PM
*cough* Ryo *cough* Ken *cough* Team Plasma *cough* Iron-Masked Marauder *cough* Steelheads *cough* The Phantom *cough*

Prime32, you know every example you gave except Ryo was either a villain or hero that was corrupted to be a villain? In other words, light armor still totally ruins the "monster tamer" imagery anime wise because the achtyple monster tamers in anime don't wear armor of any kind. Your examples only renforce that point because, as I stated, all but one where villains(and thus hardly your "typical" monster tamers) and the one non-villainous example was a minor character in everything but a game and designed to give off that" ****** superhero/famous hero" impression.(Which, again, enforces my point that the typical monster tamer dose not wear anything more then cloth and thus cloth should be the optimal armor/cloths choice for a monster tamer class that is meant to be anime-based.)

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-29, 09:33 PM
For Harem Master, I would strictly limit the people in the harem to the classes listed here in this thread, with the possible exception of Cleric (I don't recall you saying anything about making a divine caster). Just a suggestion. :smallsmile:

That sounds like a good idea (especially since I don't have the patience to assemble spell lists for an entirely new spellcasting class), and I was already planning to allow sorcerers/warlocks to fill the "cute witch" role (like that one character in Rosario + Vampire - Yukari?).

I am of the same opinion Noctis. Harem should be based on the classes here, otherwise what is the point of having an anime Harem if you don't get the proper girls.

I figured the 'magically' aquiring of the Harem would work as well. Something akin to the MindThrall. Welknair did a Noble-bloodline where I think he gained some cohorts through the level.

I find in the anime that everytime the Harem MAster does something out of character or what they think is his character, they fall under the Harem aura.

I see two possibilities to add to the simple cohort type Harem. He gains contacts just like a bard would (under some form of contact rules) one for every class. The second is kind of like those tag team fighting games where the team member jumps in to make a surprise attack. Kind of like an immediate summons in dire straights. Not sure about that one.

The surprise attack idea is actually pretty good, especially since it fits certain characters so well. Don't know if you've ever seen Baka and Test, but it's provided the ideas for a lot of the classes so far, and the surprise attack idea perfectly fits one of the main character's love interest's psycho lesbian stalker. :smallbiggrin:

yeh, if thats the plan, what about havng 5 or 6 "types" of recruits
(say, an arcane caster, a divine caster, a straight fighter, a rogue, and a moe girl type buff-y one, and maybe a paladin/y tank?) and then having either/or them upgrade as you level, or gain mor eof them as you level
obviously they'd each have to be much weaker than an actual pc of that class, but if you give the harem char a variety of abilities along the line of amplifying defensive (divine, moe, and tank) while weakeningattack types, and another ability for vice versa.
at mid to high levels have these abilities extend to your actual party, then maybe lock the number of "recruits" who follow you at 3, have the actual harem guy gain titanic buffs/abilities if one of the followers is injured, and even more so if one goes into negative hitpoints, and same for them and you?
as always im just throwing idea's out there, dunno if any of that is of the vein your really looking for, but hey :smallsmile:

By all means, keep throwing out ideas. They really help me get some fresh concepts to make designing these classes easier. :smallsmile:

And with all those things said...

The Gamer
"I can see the ending!"
-Keima Katsuragi, The World God Only Knows
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Keima.jpg

*sigh* Reality is such a bore. The game world is clearly far superior, and yet the real world insists on constantly intruding on your game time (which is all the time). Now you've actually had to leave your consoles behind and go on an adventure with only your seven handheld gaming systems to keep you company! But if you must put up with reality for a while, then you may as well take some advantage of the fact that the whole "fantasy adventure RPG" thing has become massively predictable to you by this point... and maybe all your "useless" skills will turn out to be not so useless after all.

Base attack bonus and saving throws are identical to those of the rogue. Gamers are proficient with light and medium armor and with all simple weapons. Hit die is d8, skills are 4+Int bonus, and class skills are Appraise, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge (all), Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device.

Gamer

1st|Internal Monologue, Gamer Trivia, Game Focus

2nd|God of Conquest Mode (2 actions)

3rd|I Can See the Ending (1/day)

4th|Game Focus

5th|Practiced Strike

6th|I Can See the Ending (5/day)

7th|Giant Enemy Crab

8th|God of Conquest Mode (3 actions), Game Focus

9th|I Can See the Ending (at will)

10th|Internal Monologue (detect thoughts)

11th|Games Are My Sustenance

12th|Game Focus

13th|Single Character Clear

14th|God of Conquest Mode (4 actions)

15th|I Can See Clearly (1/day)

16th|Game Focus

17th|I Can See Clearly (3/day)

18th|

19th|I Can See Clearly (5/day)

20th|God of Conquest Mode (5 actions), Game Focus[/table]

Class Features:

Internal Monologue: After spending so much time with access to your game characters’ internal feelings in the form of thought bubbles, you’ve developed an uncanny ability to hear the things that real people leave unsaid. Starting at 1st level, you may apply your Gamer level as a bonus on Sense Motive checks. At 10th level, in addition to this bonus, you may use detect thoughts at will as a caster of your Gamer level.

Gamer Trivia: Your many adventures in the various worlds of gaming has given you a wide but generally useless assortment of facts and knowledge which occasionally come in handy in the real world. Starting at 1st level, you gain an ability identical to the bard’s bardic knowledge class feature calculated based on Gamer level + INT modifier.

God of Conquest Mode: In order to plough through the world’s entire supply of games within your lifetime, you have developed your signature technique: the God of Conquest Mode, a state in which you become able to focus on multiple game systems (or other tasks) at once with no loss of speed or accuracy. Starting at 2nd level, for a total number of rounds per day equal to your Gamer level, you may take two standard actions per round. You may space out your time in God of Conquest Mode however you like within the total limit. The number of standard actions granted by God of Conquest Mode increases with level.

I Can See the Ending: Countless cycles of saving, failing, and loading until you achieve success have honed your ability to see beforehand what results your actions will bring. Starting at 3rd level, you may use augury once per day as a caster of your Gamer level. You do not need material components to use this ability. The number of uses per day increases with level.

Practiced Strike: You let your combat experience in games do the talking in battle, not your actual physical capabilities. Starting at 5th level, you may apply your INT modifier instead of your STR or DEX modifier on attack rolls.

Giant Enemy Crab: Hit its weak point for massive damage! Starting at 7th level, you and allies within 50ft. automatically confirm critical hits.

Games Are My Sustenance: Food is for weaklings who can afford to spend time away from their game systems. Starting at 11th level, you no longer need to eat or drink to survive.

Single Character Clear: As far as you're concerned, other party members in RPGs are for amateurs who can't beat the game on insane difficulty with just the protagonist. Besides, you can focus all your skill on one character if there isn't anyone else to distract you! Starting at 13th level, whenever you have no allies within 50ft., you become immune to flanking and may take a full-round action as a standard action once per encounter (outside of God of Conquest Mode).

I Can See Clearly: No sneak attack or ambush can truly surprise you after all the clichéd plot twists you’ve played through before. Starting at 15th level, you can cast foresight once per day as a caster of your Gamer level. The number of uses per day increases with level.

Game Focus: Your particular love for certain game genres gives a specialized advantage to you and your comrades. At the indicated levels, you may select any one of the following bonuses:
Dating Sim: You can always choose the right branch of the dialogue tree to get what you want. You can apply your Gamer level as a bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Fighting: You can string up hundred-hit combos on your foes without batting an eye. Whenever you successfully strike an enemy, you gain a +1 bonus to your attack roll if you attack the same enemy the next round. If you continue consecutively attacking this enemy every round, the bonus may continuously grow until you miss or choose not to attack the same enemy.
Mecha: You know just the trick to bring down a giant robot with a single strike! You and any allies within 50 ft. may freely deal critical and sneak attack damage to constructs and gain a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls made against constructs.
Bullet Hell: You can effortlessly dodge massive waves of enemy fire in the game world, so why not in the real world? You gain improved evasion as the rogue class feature, and any allies within 50 ft. gain evasion as the rogue class feature.
Survival Horror: Hordes of zombies can’t faze you after the even bigger hordes you’ve faced down in the game world. You gain the ability to turn/rebuke undead a number of times per day equal to your INT modifier as a cleric of your Gamer level, with all uses of the CHA modifier replaced with your INT modifier. You may take this focus multiple times to gain additional uses per day.
DDR/Stepmania: Up step up step down step right step left step HOLD… your foot coordination is on a plane well beyond normal. You become immune to trip attempts, and you may apply your Gamer level as a bonus to Balance and Perform (dance) checks.
Trivia Quiz: Your mastery of useless knowledge is unmatched in the world. You may apply twice your Gamer level and INT modifier to Gamer Trivia checks.
Monster Taming: You’ve spent countless hours poring over the possible combinations of traits and abilities to make the perfect monster, making you an encyclopedia on the capabilities of every species known to man. By observing a monster as a full-round action, you can recall all of the special abilities of a normal monster of that type.
Language Tutor: They’re boring but actually quite practical if you have the insane patience to actually stick to playing them! You become fluent in all languages not specifically restricted to certain groups (e.g. Druidic).
Racing: Virtual car, real horse, what's the difference? You're a pro a directing things to go in certain directions at very high speeds regardless. You gain Mounted Combat as a bonus feat, and you may apply your Gamer level as a bonus to Ride checks.
FPS: Boom, headshot! Your enemies may try to duck and weave, but your lightning twitch reflexes deliver swift death to anyone in range. You double the critical range and critical damage dealt by any ranged weapon you wield.
Strategy: Just as planned... Your actions per minute are through the roof, and you can prepare a response to any rush or turtle strat before you can say "carpal tunnel." You and any allies within 50 ft. may apply your Gamer level as a bonus to initiative rolls.
RPG (Grinding): You’ve spent so much time accumulating stats and EXP that there’s no way you’re letting anyone take them away from you. You and allies within 50 ft. become immune to energy drain and negative levels.
RPG (Party Combat): You’ve practiced giving orders to multiple characters long enough that you naturally think of yourself as a multi-person entity. You and up to 4 allies within 50 ft. may maintain communication via telepathic link.
RPG (Ridiculously Long Boss Fights): 40-hour-long boss battles with no breaks? No problem, thanks to your almost inhuman endurance. You become immune to fatigue and exhaustion and no longer require sleep to function normally or prepare spells.

So, this class is basically just a giant hodgepodge of all sorts of personal abilities and a few party buffs... hopefully it all adds up to actually be useful for something, though! Also, I'm taking suggestions for how to fill the dead levels and ideas for more Game Focuses. General critiques are fine, too! :smallsmile:

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-29, 09:58 PM
13th level: One Character Clear:
You want games to be more of a challenge, so you kill off all but one party member and play through games that way. This isn't a good idea in real life, but it does give you a singular advantage in one-on-many combat. Whenever you are fighting by yourself, once per encounter you may take a full round action as a standard action. You may not use this ability more than once a round, and it may not be combined with God of Conquest Mode.

18th level: Ultima:
You have unlocked the ultimate power! Add all your skill ranks, current HP, current highest BAB, number of weapon proficiencies and number of armor/shield proficiencies. As a ranged touch attack with a range of 60 feet usable once per day per class level, you may deal that number in damage to one foe. This attack is unaffected by DR, SR, Evasion and Improved Evasion, has no save, and is non-elemental in nature; if the attack hits, the damage is done.

One Character Clear is a semi-common gamer thing; I do it on some easy RPGs. I used the Final Fantasy 2 Ultima damage formula as a basis for the Ultima suggestion.

PrC suggestion: FPS Master. A ranged Gamer specialist. :smallwink:

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-29, 10:04 PM
13th level: One Character Clear:
You want games to be more of a challenge, so you kill off all but one party member and play through games that way. This isn't a good idea in real life, but it does give you a singular advantage in one-on-many combat. Whenever you are fighting by yourself, once per encounter you may take a full round action as a standard action. You may not use this ability more than once a round, and it may not be combined with God of Conquest Mode.

18th level: Ultima:
You have unlocked the ultimate power! Add all your skill ranks, current HP, current highest BAB, number of weapon proficiencies and number of armor/shield proficiencies. As a ranged touch attack with a range of 60 feet usable once per day per class level, you may deal that number in damage to one foe. This attack is unaffected by DR, SR, Evasion and Improved Evasion, has no save, and is non-elemental in nature; if the attack hits, the damage is done.

One Character Clear is a semi-common gamer thing; I do it on some easy RPGs. I used the Final Fantasy 2 Ultima damage formula as a basis for the Ultima suggestion.

PrC suggestion: FPS Master. A ranged Gamer specialist. :smallwink:

One Character Clear sounds pretty cool and I'll probably implement some variation on it, but as for Ultima, well... I don't have the numbers exactly right here, but that could really easily be an attack for over 100 damage usable against basically any opponent at least 18 times a day. Maybe just a teeeeensy bit insane. :smalltongue:

Togath
2011-10-29, 10:41 PM
perhaps lowering ultima to highest base attack + current hp as physical damage(non magic, but not slashing, bludgeoning or peircing either), and increasing the number of uses per day?
As a warblade can use a 115-130 damage attack every other round at that level, it doesn't seem to unbalanced to use hp+base attack(which is about 105 damage for a level 20 gamer with full hp, but with the advantage of overcoming DR and immunities)

Merchant
2011-10-29, 10:55 PM
I love the gamer. Did u Put something against sleep? I saa thinking of another class
An occultist. You know those mangas with the school mysteries. Maybe a different try would be a shiningami, either bleach or death miteas prc maybe necromancer role

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-29, 10:57 PM
Meisters from Soul Eater need a representation.

Noctis Vigil
2011-10-29, 11:09 PM
Or you could just leave it as is and bump it to 20 (making it the capstone). It's a pretty good capstone idea, actually, although maybe less uses per day as you said. Still, it's not that much damage. Assuming he gets 160HP (full hit points for each die is pretty much impossible, but let's pretend/assume this includes Con mod), is proficient in the simple weapons in the PHB for another 19, light and medium armor, and we'll say he burned a feat for shields. This brings it to 182. Assume an Int of 14 for 120 skillpoints, bringing it to 302. Add 15 for BAB. So 317 damage. Limit that to, oh, 3 times a day as a touch attack that overcomes SR and DR and deals non-elemental damage with a range of 60 feet (which is sort of tweaking it, since Ultima is technically white magic, or positive energy (can you tell I qualify for this class yet?)). 317 damage assumes you didn't optimize heavily, but compared to a caster who's really optimizing, it still just isn't that powerful. I'd assume this is tweakable up to about 400 tops at 20th level, but I was never a good optimizer; I care too much about coherent characters instead of numbers to optimize much.

Anyways, if you give me time I can give you some other class ideas; as a serious gamer, I can tell you right now you forgot several types of game in your Game Focus including Puzzle Games (this is a big one, you should be able to come up with at least two Puzzle Game categories), Shmups (although Bullet Hell comes close), FPSs, Racing Games, Sports Games, Old School Games, Platformer Games, Strategy Games, Indie Games, and Import Games. At least a few of these should be in there as options.

Also, as a DDR player, I can state as a fact that it doesn't increase your movement speed, but it does increase your sense of rhythm. Maybe a bonus on Perform checks instead of a speed increase, and make the speed increase fall under Racing Games?

I love this class; I game a couple hours a day, and can actually relate to a couple of the class abilities. :smallbiggrin:

Merchant
2011-10-30, 07:11 AM
I Dont have much time.

Mecha pilot

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-31, 07:21 PM
So, I'll definitely get around to adding some Gamer class features/focuses in a little bit, but for now, I'm pretty pleased with this little creation of mine (although I fear that it might be a bit unbalanced)...

The Robo Girl
"A machine is created for a purpose. Mine is to defeat you. I exist for nothing else."
-Aigis, Persona 3
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/CoolAigis.jpg

Born of technology and science rather than flesh and blood, you are a being literally built for adventuring. Where other adventurers rely on whatever swords, bows, symbols, and books they can carry around in their fleshy little arms, you are a war machine bristling with state-of-the-art weaponry, armor, scanners, and innumerable other devices advanced enough to be indistinguishable from magic.

And, this being anime, you incidentally happen to be a pretty cute girl!

Base attack bonus and saving throws are identical to those of the fighter. Robo Girls are proficient with simple weapons and are not proficient with any armor. Hit die is the d10, skills are 4+Int bonus, and class skills are Appraise, Balance, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (all), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Speak Language, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Use Magic Device, and Use Rope.

Robo Girl

1st|Minor Feature, Entrance Restriction, Mechanical Body, Metal Body (6)

2nd|Minor Feature

3rd|Minor Feature

4th|Minor Feature

5th|Minor Feature, Metal Body (8)

6th|Intermediate Feature

7th|Intermediate Feature

8th|Intermediate Feature

9th|Intermediate Feature

10th|Intermediate Feature, Metal Body (10)

11th|Major Feature

12th|Major Feature

13th|Major Feature

14th|Major Feature

15th|Major Feature, Metal Body (12)

16th|Superior Feature

17th|Superior Feature

18th|Superior Feature

19th|Superior Feature

20th|Superior Feature, Power Diversion, Metal Body (14)[/table]

Class Features:

Entrance Restriction: A Robo Girl “enters” the class at the moment of her creation, and living beings who were not created as Robo Girls cannot become one. The 1st level of the Robo Girl class must be taken as a character’s first level; a Robo Girl may multiclass as any other class, but any other characters may not multiclass as Robo Girls.

Mechanical Body: Despite your human appearance, you are actually a being of extremely complex circuits and mechanisms rather than one of flesh and blood. Starting at 1st level, you are treated as a creature of the construct type rather than your default type, but your close similarity to normal humanoids compared to more traditional constructs allows you to acquire only the following traits of the construct type: Low-light vision; immunity to poison, sleep effects, and disease; and a lack of dependence on food, water, breathing, and sleep. Contrary to normal constructs, when you are reduced below 0 hit points, you are not instantly destroyed but merely shut down and become entirely nonfunctional until you are restored to 0 hit points. As a nearly human entity, you are affected normally by cure spells and other similar magic and can be resurrected via the same means as living beings.

Metal Body: Your metal body takes the place of the armor that squishy biological adventurers wear. Starting at 1st level, you gain a +6 armor bonus to AC. This bonus does not stack with bonuses granted by manufactured suits of armor. This bonus increases with level. Your metal body does not impose any armor check penalty or maximum DEX modifier but does impose a -8 penalty on Swim checks. Your metal body may be improved with enchantments or magical enhancements like an ordinary suit of armor.

Power Diversion: At the height of your abilities, you gain the ability to push your mechanical body beyond what it would ordinarily be capable of through clever redirection of power supply. Starting at 20th level, whenever your hit points fall beneath 0, you may disengage one of your features to continue fighting unaffected by the damage. A disengaged feature may not be used again for 24 hours, and a feature which has no daily uses remaining may not be disengaged. Disengaging a minor feature lets you ignore your injuries for 1 round; an intermediate, 3 rounds; a major, 5 rounds; and a superior, 10 rounds. At the end of your allotted time, if you have not been restored to above 0 hit points, you must either disengage another feature or fall unconscious.

Features: As you grow as a Robo Girl, you acquire a variety of handy upgrades and devices to help you on your journey. At the indicated levels, you may select one of the following features from the appropriate category or lower. At this time, you may also exchange one of your existing features for one of the same category or lower. No feature may be taken multiple times unless otherwise noted, but similar features of different categories stack with each other. All special abilities granted by Robo Girl features are extraordinary abilities. All abilities mimicking spell effects are cast as a caster of your Robo Girl level, and save DCs are INT-based.

Minor Features:
Light Combat Plating: The magnitude of your Metal Body bonus increases by 1.
Target Acquisition Scanners: You may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and you gain darkvision out to 60ft.
Magical Analysis Suite: You may cast detect magic, read magic, and identify at will.
Mechanical Aptitude Enhancement: You gain trapfinding as the rogue class feature and may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to Open Lock and Disable Device checks.
Weapon Utilization Protocol: You gain proficiency with all martial and exotic weapons.
Database Organization and Access Protocol: You may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to all Knowledge checks.
Mobility Servo Enhancement: You may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim checks.
Artemis Missile System: You may cast magic missile a number of times per day equal to twice your Robo Girl level.
Incendiary Weapon Loadout: You may cast burning hands a number of times per day equal to twice your Robo Girl level.
Manual Shock Delivery Weapon: You may cast shocking grasp a number of times per day equal to twice your Robo Girl level.
Solid-Slug Projectile Weapon: As a standard action, you may make a ranged attack dealing damage identical to that of a light crossbow. You do not need to spend time reloading and you do not run out of ammunition.
Dual Suppressive Projectile Weapons: As a standard action, you may make ranged touch attacks against up to two enemies. If your attacks hit, those enemies do not threaten any spaces and cannot make any attacks of opportunity until your next turn.
Enhanced Self-Preservation Functionality: You gain Great Fortitude, Iron Will, and Lightning Reflexes as bonus feats.
Persona Summon Sequence: If you have taken levels in the Persona-user class, you may count half of your Robo Girl levels (rounded down) as Persona-user levels for the purpose of determining the max ECL of your Persona.
Moeblob Exterior Casing: If you have taken levels in the Moe Girl class, you may count half of your Robo Girl levels (rounded down) as Moe Girl levels for the purpose of determining the number of daily uses of your Moe Boost.
First Aid/Stabilization Suite: You may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to Heal checks, and you may cast cure light wounds a number of times per day equal to your Robo Girl level.
Enhanced Magic Item Interfacing: You may apply your Robo Girl level as a bonus to Use Magic Device checks.

Intermediate Features:
Combat Plating: The magnitude of your Metal Body bonus increases by 2.
Magic Nullification Driver: You may cast dispel magic a number of times per day equal to your Robo Girl level.
Camouflage Detection/Disruption Suite: You may cast see invisbility on yourself at will and invisibility purge a number of times per day equal to your half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Explosive Weapon Loadout: You may cast fireball a number of times per day equal to half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Electrical Weapon Loadout: You may cast lightning bolt a number of times per day equal to half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Thermal Weapon Loadout: You may cast scorching ray a number of times per day equal to half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Dual Solid-Slug Projectile Weapons: As a standard action, you may make two ranged attacks each dealing damage identical to that of a light crossbow. You do not need to spend time reloading and you do not run out of ammo. You may attack two different targets if you desire.
Incendiary Projectile Weapon: As a standard action, you may make a ranged attack against an enemy’s touch AC with a range equal to that of a light crossbow. If you hit, the enemy must make a Reflex save of DC (10 + your Robo Girl level) or catch on fire. You do not need to spend time reloading, and you do not run out of ammunition.
Energy Resistant Plating: You gain energy resistance against a given energy type equal to twice your Metal Body bonus. May be selected multiple times for different types.
Dimensional Transport Engine: You may cast dimension door a number of times per day equal to half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Dynamic Targeting System: You gain Far Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Shot as bonus feats regardless of prerequisites.
Negotiation Protocol: You may apply your Robo Girl level to Diplomacy checks and always function as if under the effect of a tongues spell.
Sympathetic Personality Driver: If you have taken levels in the Moe Girl class, your Moe Boost increases by 1.
Enhanced Combat Processor: You gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls.

Major Features:
Enhanced Combat Plating: The magnitude of your Metal Body bonus increases by 3.
Magic Nullification Field Projector: You may project an antimagic field for a total number of minutes per day equal to your Robo Girl level. You may space out this minutes as you like.
Electrical Multi-Target Neutralization System: You may cast chain lightning a number of times per day equal to one-third your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Sonic Weapon Loadout: You may cast shout a number of times per day equal to half your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Material Disruption System: You may cast disintegrate a number of times per day equal to one-third your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
Rapid-Fire Solid-Slug Projectile Weapon: As a standard action, you may make four ranged attacks each dealing damage identical to that of a light crossbow. You do not need to spend time reloading, and you do not run out of ammunition.
Armor-Piercing Projectile Weapon: As a standard action, you may make a ranged attack against an enemy’s touch AC dealing damage equal to that of a heavy crossbow. You do not need to spend time reloading, and you do not run out of ammunition.
Wrist-Mounted Close Engagement Shotguns: When damaging your opponent in a grapple via an opposed grapple check, you deal lethal damage equal to ten times your size category's base unarmed strike damage. When your opponent is pinned, you deal twenty times this damage. Outside of grapples, your unarmed strikes deal lethal damage equal to twice your normal unarmed strike damage.
Wing-Enabled Flight System: You gain a flight speed equal to twice your land speed with average maneuverability.
Enhanced Energy Resistant Plating: You gain energy resistance against a given energy type equal to four times your Metal Body bonus. May be selected multiple times for different types.
Magical Penetration Scanners: You may cast true seeing a number of times per day equal to one-third your Robo Girl level, rounded down.
High-Speed Combat Processor: You gain a +2 bonus to all attack rolls.

Superior Features:
Superior Combat Plating: The magnitude of your Metal Body bonus increases by 5.
Booster-Enabled Flight System: You gain a flight speed equal to three times your land speed with perfect maneuverability.
Planar Transportation Engine: You may cast plane shift three times per day.
Personal Magic Nullification Ward: You may cast greater spell immunity on yourself at will.
Magic Disruption Burst Generator: You may cast disjunction twice per day.
High-Speed Processing/Execution System: You may cast time stop twice per day.
Magical Intrusion/Influence Disruption Guard: You may cast mind blank on yourself at will.
Incendiary Multi-Target Neutralization System: You may cast meteor swarm twice per day.
Superior Energy Resistant Plating: You gain immunity to a given energy type. May be selected multiple times for different types.
High-Penetration Emplaced Railgun: You may deploy this weapon as a standard action. Following deployment, you may attempt to “target” a single creature at any visible range, a process requiring three full rounds in which you may not move, lose line of sight to the target, or take damage. Failing any of these conditions resets the targeting process. After these rounds have passed, you may make a ranged touch attack on the targeted enemy which is instantly fatal if it connects.
Superior Combat Processor: You gain a +3 bonus to all attack rolls.

Feats:

Extra Functionality
Prerequisite: Robo Girl 1st level
Benefit: You may select an additional Robo Girl feature of a category no higher than the one granted by your current Robo Girl level.

...with this class I don't really have a good feel for if it would be balanced or not. If not, well, I suppose that's just the natural consequence of introducing really attractive deathbots into a medieval fantasy world. :smallwink:

zegram 33
2011-10-31, 08:26 PM
....railgun.....:belkar:
this is truly awesome!
I was going to suggest some form of minigun or cluster rocket or something, as a similar ability to the railgun, but more crowd control-ish, but then i realised thats pretty much exactly what meteor swarm is for.

The only thing i would say is, it does gain its superior abilities (most of which are 9th level spells at 2 or 3 times per day) a level earlier than the wizard gains them, and the wizard only gains 1 9th level spell slot at level 17by default.

However, since your far more sharply limited (one spell per level, cant be changed) my guess would be yeh thats balanced

Prime32
2011-10-31, 08:34 PM
Persona Summon Sequence: If you have taken levels in the Persona-user class, you may count half of your Robo Girl levels (rounded down) as Persona-user levels for the purpose of determining the max ECL of your Persona.This, but nothing for Moe Girl?

EdroGrimshell
2011-10-31, 08:37 PM
This, but nothing for Moe Girl?

The robogirl, as far as i can tell, is based on one of the characters from Persona 3, so it has a reason to it

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-31, 08:54 PM
This, but nothing for Moe Girl?

Work in progress, I'm afraid. I'm definitely planning to add some moe features, though.

A Rainy Knight
2011-11-01, 08:52 PM
I've added a few features and focuses to the Gamer and Robo Girl classes, and I now present this fairly quickly-created class:

The Disciplinary Enforcer
"SHALL I TEACH YOU THE LAWS OF THIS SOCIETY!?"
-Mawari Zenigata, Seto no Hanayome
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/Tsubaki.jpg

The rules. They exist for a good reason, yet the student body (and the world, for that matter) seems to be full of a bunch of damn Neanderthals who can't seem to get that fact through their skulls. The peace and quiet of the school is under assault by the barbaric tomfoolery of the world's hordes of ne'er-do-wells... And that's where you come in to set things straight with the authority of the Student Council at your back.

Base attack bonus and saving throws are identical to those of the fighter. Disciplinary Enforcers are proficient with all armor and all simple and martial weapons. Hit die is d12, skills are 2+Int bonus, and class skills are Climb, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Swim, and Use Rope.

Disciplinary Enforcer

1st|Code of Conduct, Smite Rulebreaker 1/day, Subdual

2nd|Shield of Rule, 2/day

3rd|Interrogation, Flexibility 1/day

4th|Smite Rulebreaker 2/day, Enforcer’s Might (+1)

5th|Detect Rulebreaker, Incorruptible and Indestructible (+1)

6th|Shield of Rule 4/day

7th|Smite Rulebreaker 3/day

8th|Enforcer’s Might (+2)

9th|Flexibility 2/day, Incorruptible and Indestructible (+2)

10th|Smite Rulebreaker 4/day, Shield of Rule 6/day

11th|Halt! 1/day, You Shall Not Escape!

12th|Enforcer’s Might (+3)

13th|Smite Rulebreaker 5/day, Incorruptible and Indestructible (+3)

14th|Shield of Rule 8/day, Halt! 3/day

15th|Flexibility 3/day, Judgment! 1/day

16th|Smite Rulebreaker 6/day, Enforcer’s Might (+4)

17th|Halt! 5/day, Judgment! 2/day, Incorruptible and Indestructible (+4)

18th|Shield of Rule (at will)

19th|Smite Rulebreaker 7/day, Judgment! 3/day

20th|Halt! (at will), Enforcer’s Might (+5), Flexibility 4/day[/table]

Class Features:

Code of Conduct: As far as you’re concerned, the rules must be upheld above all other concerns or else society will no doubt plunge into a dark age of chaos and wanton mischief. Your power as a Disciplinary Enforcer comes from your fiery devotion to this concept, and to violate these principles with your own hands is an unthinkable act which would shatter this vital devotion. Starting at 1st level, you must abide by the following code of conduct or lose your class abilities until you perform an atonement:
You must maintain a lawful alignment.
You must abide by the rules of rightful authority. If you have reason to believe that an authority is using the power of rules for its own gain at others' expense, that a rule is being applied in a grossly unfair manner, or that a rule fundamentally contributes more to misery and unrest than peace and order, you do not have to abide by that authority or rule.
You must not use lethal force against foes who will not retaliate with lethal force.
You must not overlook a crime being committed when attempting to intervene will not seriously endanger those around you.

Smite Rulebreaker: As the enforcer of school rules and upholder of order, you may channel your righteous fury into your attacks against those who willfully and selfishly disrupt the peace of your society! Starting at 1st level, once per day when making an attack against a creature who fulfills any of the following conditions (a “Rulebreaker”), you may add your Disciplinary Enforcer level as a bonus to your attack roll and damage roll:
Creatures of chaotic alignment
Creatures engaging in actions which would violate your code of conduct
Creatures carrying out the will of an unjust rule or authority (see “Code of Conduct”)
Creatures engaging in violence for any purpose other than as an immediate response to violence

Subdual: Bringing rulebreakers to face the harsh light of justice is the ultimate goal of every good Disciplinary Enforcer. Starting at 1st level, you may freely deal nonlethal damage in place of lethal damage using any weapon and incurring no penalty.

Shield of Rule: As long as the rules are on your side, nothing can bring you or your comrades down! Starting at 2nd level, twice per day, you may cast a spell identical to protection from evil as a caster of your Disciplinary Enforcer level except that it is effective against any Rulebreaker.

Interrogation: You’ll have no excuses out of those you apprehend, regardless of how nasty you need to get to uncover the truth. You may apply your Disciplinary Enforcer level as a bonus to Intimidate and Sense Motive checks made against Rulebreakers.

Flexibility: …sometimes you have to get a little dirty to really do good in this world, but the ends always justify the means, right? As long as it’s your sound judgment calling the shots, there’s no way anything could go wrong. Starting at 3rd level, once per day as a free action, you may count a creature who is not a Rulebreaker as a Rulebreaker for 24 hours for the purposes of your class abilities. The number of uses per day increases with level.

Enforcer’s Might: Your disciplinary fury seeps into the weapons you wield, turning them into steely extensions of your rule enforcer’s soul. Starting at 4th level, any weapon you wield is counted as having a +1 enhancement when making attacks against Rulebreakers and counts as both lawful and magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. The magnitude of this bonus increases with level. This bonus does not stack with an existing magical enhancement on a weapon.

Detect Rulebreaker: Your intuition can sniff out a violator no matter how hard they try to hide, letting you bring your full fury to bear with absolute certainty. Starting at 5th level, you gain an ability identical to detect evil usable at will which allows you to identify Rulebreakers regardless of whether or not you otherwise have reason to suspect them (i.e. a criminal who robbed a house with no witnesses and left no evidence would still register as a Rulebreaker).

Incorruptible and Indestructible: Absolutely nothing will prevent you from handing down punishment to those dare violate the precious spirit of the rules. Starting at 5th level, you gain a +1 bonus to all saving throws made against abilities used by Rulebreakers. This bonus increases with level.

Halt!: No running in the halls! Now report for detention immediately! Starting at 11th level, you may cast hold monster 1/day as a caster of your Disciplinary Enforcer and with a WIS-based save against any Rulebreaker. This ability has no effect against non-Rulebreakers. The number of uses per day increases with level.

You Shall Not Escape!: You can’t run from the rules, and you can’t run from me, either! Starting at 11th level, you may cast dimensional anchor at will as a caster of your Disciplinary Enforcer level so long as the target is a Rulebreaker. If you target a non-Rulebreaker with this ability, it has no effect.

Judgment!: No mercy for those who defy the pillars of order and civilization! MAY JUSTICE PREVAIL! Starting at 15th level, as a full-round action, you may make a pronouncement of law and order that affects Rulebreakers as a dictum spell affects chaotic creatures. Your caster level is equal to your Disciplinary Enforcer level, and the save DC is WIS-based.

Currently seeking a capstone ability, and, as always, I'd love to hear any general thoughts you have. :smallsmile:

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-01, 10:48 PM
Robo Girl + Monk gestalt = :smalleek:

I love the class, though I think you need more of each rank ability. Specifically, I think you need abilities that require you to have previous level abilities. I also think she needs to be able to pull a bazooka/missile launcher out of nowhere (yes, I saw the magic missile thing; no, it doesn't count). And you really need a feat set if someone really wants to burn a feat to get an additional ability. You should also make the AC enhancing ones only takeable once (if they are already, you need to say so).

A Rainy Knight
2011-11-02, 06:34 PM
Robo Girl + Monk gestalt = :smalleek:

I love the class, though I think you need more of each rank ability. Specifically, I think you need abilities that require you to have previous level abilities. I also think she needs to be able to pull a bazooka/missile launcher out of nowhere (yes, I saw the magic missile thing; no, it doesn't count). And you really need a feat set if someone really wants to burn a feat to get an additional ability. You should also make the AC enhancing ones only takeable once (if they are already, you need to say so).

Appropriate changes made. And by this, do you mean that a single character in the class should be able to select more abilities in total, or that there should be more features to choose from?

At any rate, I'll definitely work at adding some more weapons and perhaps some non-combat oriented features so that the class could develop in a few different directions, but I could always use some ideas about how to translate frickin' awesome weapons into game mechanics.

Ooh, that gives me a really good idea, though... what if the Robo Girls could develop in enough directions that you could make a well-rounded party out of nothing but Robo Girls? Your idea of making certain abilities dependent on previous ones could let me give the class the opportunity to pick up good healing/spellcasting/skill features at later levels without the risk of a Robo Girl just loading up on the best features in every category and becoming a one-man party. Man, I'd like to play a campaign with an all-Robo Girl tactical strike team as the party sometime... :smallbiggrin:

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-02, 10:21 PM
I meant that there should be a longer list to chose from. Also, upon retrospect, I think you should make a Robo Girl race. This class could definitely be the result of cybernetic enhancement with just a little change to the fluff, so you should change the class name and make the Robo Girl race have all the right stats/abilities to take it (and have it be the race's favored class, in case anybody pays attention to that fluff).

If you want, I can extrapolate damage on firearm weaponry by updating from a 3.0 book I have. It's based off musket-style weapons, but it would be easy to update it to modern weapons. Lesseehere, muskets do...2d10 on a flintlock musket, though for modern weapons the damage would actually be less because they have smaller bullets and enough power to pass all the way through, instead of getting into the ribcage and basically shredding everything inside them before getting stuck (this argument of course assumes both bullets are solid, not a hollow point). The tradeoff for the lower damage is much better distance, an extreme increase in accuracy, and an increased likelihood of prisoners. During the American Civil War (1861-1865), a sniper was someone who could actually hit with 1 shot out of 10, and max range with any real accuracy was about 50 feet. Today, the average policeman has better accuracy with a handgun at 100 feet, and snipers can pull off shots of a mile or more.

So! Are we assuming high-powered modern weaponry or low powered Civil War era muskets style weaponry? If modern, how high powered are we looking? Most guns fire off a bullet between 1200-1500FPS for handguns and anywhere as high as 7500FPS for rifles/snipers, with damage varying depending on what you fire (a hollow-point would actually exceed the damage of a musket; a solid slug would go right through and not be near as crippling), whereas a musket fires a bullet between 400-1200FPS, and rarely goes all the way through, usually bouncing around inside a bit after entry to increase damage. For musket type weaponry, I'd go 2d10 on damage. For something like a modern handgun, assuming solid bullets, 2d6, assuming hollow-points, 2d8. For a sniper rifle, assuming solid bullets, 2d8, assuming hollow-points, 3d12.

Of course, this is all low caliber stuff. If we start getting into fun stuff like 50 caliber, the damage increases exponentially, and when we hit cannons or rockets, even higher still.

For something like a shoulder mounted rocket launcher, I'd say the actual target hit by the shot would take at least 8d10. Splash damage is actually pretty small (based off a standard RPG launcher), no more than a 15-20 foot radius for a standard shot, and it would be maybe a quarter of the initial damage (2d8 in this case), although a lot of these do severe damage for a good 15-30 feet in a line from point of impact, so a creature directly behind the target would take at least three quarters the damage, and maybe full damage.

If you give me a few days, I'll make some features that emulate gun loadouts for your Robo Girl.

A Rainy Knight
2011-11-02, 10:32 PM
Ooh, I had the same thought about making it a race. I'll whip up a few racial characteristics, probably take the whole "Mechanical Body" trait and turn it into a racial thing, and change the class accordingly.

As for the weaponry, fluff-wise, the weapons can be basically as advanced as you can dream up since we are, after all, dealing with intelligent androids as the starting point. Basically, I just want to keep all the powers on par with what a character of that level could reasonably dish out, so realistic firearm damage is probably going to have to wait until the higher-category features to really be available. Also, the only resource I have to work from right now is the SRD, so I'd gladly welcome any mechanics you want to introduce. It's a little tough coming up with how to describe a machine gun when all you have as a reference is a repeating crossbow. :smalltongue:

Noctis Vigil
2011-11-02, 11:07 PM
Actually, let me get in touch with my uncle (could take time). I know for a fact his half-orc Barbarian waded into combat with a Gatling gun, and I know he had rules for it. Should be a good basis for a machine gun.

Metahuman1
2011-12-09, 12:22 PM
Two things.

1: Suggestion for Hot blooded hero. Give them a special class skill where they can roll a check on it to deal extra damage on the first attack of an encounter. Call this skill "Dynamic Entrance.". It's like Iai-jutsu focus but less spamable and does not have the melee bladed weapon requirement so it let's the player work it into there prexisting fighting style more smoothly.

2: I LOVE the Idea of there being a Tsundere class! You should so TOTALLY do that!

pokedude8888
2016-09-29, 05:05 PM
I am using your Robo Girl as an NPC for one of my Pathfinder games I am DMing.