PDA

View Full Version : ASB makes Gendo Ikari a US Presidential Canadate for the 2012 election.

Fallen Angel
2011-10-20, 02:04 AM
He has Adam in his right hand, and knows of all the other things coming together for a cresendo as of 2018. He has the support of a shadowy SELEE like conspiracy that has been working for most of human history based out of the UN. Lilith has been found in Antartica. His goals are the same, but he needs to set up a NERV like programme by becocming POTUS (And in suprising case, in eligiable for the US presidency.) His running mate is either a cloned woman who is as pliable as Rei but ethnically Southern, or a completely identical clone of Rei who is also elligable by another miracle, and is old enough. (Grown to the appros age and sent to Gendo via SELEE, somehow.)

How well can he do?

(Posted here so I'd have a good spread of opinions about the scenario.)

Prime32
2011-10-20, 07:55 AM
Who or what is ASB?

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-10-20, 07:57 AM
Who or what is ASB?
Presumably something from Evangelion, I guess...

Parra
2011-10-20, 08:02 AM
Well 'Gendo Ikari', 'Potus' and the 'Nerv Program' are from Neon Genesis Evangelion so presumeably its about that show.

How well can he do?
Good?

Prime32
2011-10-20, 08:07 AM
'Potus' [is] from Neon Genesis EvangelionPOTUS = President Of The United States. :smalltongue:

Parra
2011-10-20, 09:43 AM
and so it is :smallredface:

Mistral
2011-10-20, 10:28 AM
Who or what is ASB?

I don't know about Eva, but I thought the two big organizations were NERV and SEEL. The only context I've ever heard ASB is Alien Space Bats. I have too much alt-hist on the brain, I suppose, but it was originally a pejorative for things that are completely implausible. Nowadays, it's more of a point of divergence (PoD) that's completely out of left-field. Something like, say, time-travelers giving AK-47s to the Confederacy, a West Virginia town being thrown back in time and space to Germany circa mid-17th century, aliens crashing World War 2, or a bloke from Connecticut waking up in the court of King Arthur.

EDIT: Sorry, SELEE, not SEEL. Didn't read the OP closely enough for where it was mentioned. Twice. >_<

At any rate, if he's still ineligible, then he's ineligible. That's pretty much it, I'd think. This also seems like it'd get into real-world politics a lot, and it'd also depend on which party he's running for.

The Glyphstone
2011-10-20, 10:34 AM
Something like, say, time-travelers giving AK-47s to the Confederacy

Awesome book.:smallsmile:

a West Virginia town being thrown back in time and space to Germany circa mid-17th century

Awesome series.:smallsmile:

aliens crashing World War 2

Don't know this one.:smallconfused:

or a bloke from Connecticut waking up in the court of King Arthur.

Classic.:smalltongue:

Mr.Silver
2011-10-20, 10:39 AM

Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series, if I'm not mistaken.

Tengu_temp
2011-10-20, 10:43 AM
Gendo gets disqualified from the start due to not having US citizenship. Poop.

Joran
2011-10-20, 11:14 AM
Gendo gets disqualified from the start due to not having US citizenship. Poop.

It's harder actually. To be President of the United States requires being a natural born citizen.

As far as I know, Gendo Ikari is Japanese and thus ineligible.

Brother Oni
2011-10-20, 12:51 PM
First off, it's SEELE.

As for Ikari Gendo's ineligibility, they could always change the rules like they did for President Schwarzenegger in Demolition Man. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2011-10-20, 12:54 PM
As for Ikari Gendo's ineligibility, they could always change the rules like they did for President Schwarzenegger in Demolition Man. :smallbiggrin:

I mean, if we're going to elect a Cartoon, why not?

The Glyphstone
2011-10-20, 01:16 PM
Schwarzenegger was elected president in the Simpsonsverse anyways.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-10-20, 02:45 PM
Schwarzenegger was elected president in the Simpsonsverse anyways.

Wasn't that just for the movie though?

turkishproverb
2011-10-20, 11:06 PM

Worldwar

Mind you, I think I prefer aliens landing during the first Roosevelt administration.

Nerd-o-rama
2011-10-20, 11:31 PM
Why would Gendo need to become President when he can just control the place with his dead ex-girlfriend in a supercomputer like he already does with Tokyo-3? I mean, people state flat-out that the MAGI, and therefore NERV, run that town; all he'd need to do is convince the US to install the same system in NORAD and he's running the place Wargames style.

That said, he's an abrasive and domineering foreign national with the Kabbala painted all over his office, constantly has affairs with his direct subordinates, and has a rap sheet a mile long covering everything from shoplifting to conspiracy to commit genocide. Don't think any of that'll fly in the polls.

Oh, and he has a beard, constantly wears sunglasses, and doesn't wear a power tie. Fashion fail for a politician these days. Dude dresses like a North African warlord, to be completely frank.

Mando Knight
2011-10-20, 11:40 PM
Mind you, I think I prefer aliens landing during the first Roosevelt administration.

Not knowing any novels offhand that actually do this, but wouldn't the aliens leave after Roosevelt (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheodoreRoosevelt) wrestles their leader into submission or something? I mean, iron wished it was made out of TR.

GenericGuy
2011-10-20, 11:41 PM
Fallen Angel I believe you got you forums mixed up, is it Thande's fault:smalltongue:?

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-20, 11:46 PM
http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/full/cthulhu4prez.png

Gendo is an amateur. Who cares if you have a precursor alien in your hand when you can vote for the real ancient Eldrich Abomination.
(And seriously what is ASB its no part of NGE)

Mando Knight
2011-10-20, 11:53 PM
I prefer this guy for president...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/mcnail/ChangeintoaTruckforweb.jpg

Can we settle for any less?

turkishproverb
2011-10-21, 04:32 AM
Not knowing any novels offhand that actually do this, but wouldn't the aliens leave after Roosevelt (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheodoreRoosevelt) wrestles their leader into submission or something? I mean, iron wished it was made out of TR.

And Having Writ...

Long out of print.

Spoiler though? They didn't leave because they came in peace.

Eldan
2011-10-21, 07:10 AM
So, don't the people from Soul pretty much control the world? NWO style?

Yora
2011-10-21, 07:20 AM
But what is ASB?

Grif
2011-10-21, 08:26 AM
I would vote for this guy.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/2967219110_d4fe2022b5.jpg

Nerd-o-rama
2011-10-21, 08:45 AM
So, don't the people from Soul pretty much control the world? NWO style?

More or less. They got into position in 1999, intentionally caused the Apocalypse (thanks, Dr. Katsuragi), and just kind of moved in to restore order. I believe. Evangelion doesn't flesh out its setting much in the TV show beyond "**** blew up and now there's Angels."

Well, world geopolitical setting. Tokyo-3 gets decently fleshed out.

kpenguin
2011-10-21, 02:45 PM
My vote goes for this gentleman:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9AvpBw1ogpg/THnA1g6s3uI/AAAAAAAAAB8/1MWqCpj4tlY/s1600/pic+of+lex.jpg

Prime32
2011-10-21, 03:33 PM
My vote goes for this gentleman:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9AvpBw1ogpg/THnA1g6s3uI/AAAAAAAAAB8/1MWqCpj4tlY/s1600/pic+of+lex.jpgI was going to make a joke, but it might violate the rules so I'll just say that as an Irish citizen I find this post hilarious right now. Anyone keeping up with Irish politics will understand why.

Fallen Angel
2011-10-21, 06:16 PM
Fallen Angel I believe you got you forums mixed up, is it Thande's fault:smalltongue:?

Thanks for the LOL. Ya, I should have made this thread clearer.

Geddoe
2011-10-22, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't think it would matter if they created fake documents to show that Gendo was a natural born US citizen, as the country as a whole is not going to vote for an ethnically Japanese man as President at this point in time. Unless all other candidates are developing fatal cases of bulletinbrainitis, he isn't going anywhere.