PDA

View Full Version : Screw You, Conservation of Energy! [3.5, Prc Redux]

TheGeckoKing
2011-10-21, 03:49 PM
Since for whatever reason, i'm feeling in a fixing mood. First it was Shadowcaster, and nowwwwwwww..........

Entropomancer

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090330164725/forgottenrealms/images/d/d0/Entropomancer.jpg

Everything is pointless in life and everything is worth nothing, yes. Still, I shall not let my friends be harmed, for their life is worth just as much as yours. - Arabella Flux, an Entropomancer

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Alignment: Any Neutral
Skills: Concentration 5 ranks, Knowledge (The Planes) 5 ranks
Domains: Must have access to any of the following domains: Decay (SC), Destruction or Entropy (FCI)
Spells: Must be able to cast 4th divine level spells.
Special: The prospective Entropomancer may ignore the domain requirement if they have the Destruction Devotion feat.

Class Skills

The Entropomancer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | Spellcasting
1st | +0 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Summon Shard of Entropy 1/encounter | ---
2nd | +1 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Entropic Field 1/encounter | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
3rd | +2 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Summon Shard of Entropy 2/encounter | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
4th | +3 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Entropic Field (Reroll) | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
5th | +3 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Entropic Field 2/encounter, Summon Greater Shard of Entropy 3/encounter | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
6th | +4 | +5 | +2 | +5 | Entropic Field (Wounding) | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
7th | +5 | +5 | +2 | +5 | Summon Greater Shard of Entropy 4/encounter | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
8th | +6 | +6 | +2 | +6 | Entropic Field 3/encounter (Damning) | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
9th | +6 | +6 | +3 | +6 | Control Sphere | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
10th | +7 | +7 | +3 | +7 | Summon the Sphere | +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: An Entropomancer gains no new proficiencies.

Spellcasting: When a new Entropomancer level is gained other than 1st level, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of Entropomancer except the 1st to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.
If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before he became an Entropomancer, he must decide to which class he adds each level of Entropomancer for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Summon Shard of Entropy (Su): At 1st level, the Entropomancer may use their connection to the nothing that permeates the Great Wheel and condense it into a servant of its whims. The Entropomancer may, as a Standard Action, summon a Shard of Entropy (see below) as per Summon Monster I. The Entropomancer can communicate telepathically with the Shard of Entropy for the duration of the summoning. This ability can only be used 1/encounter, plus one more use per encounter at 3rd, 5th and 7th level.

Entropic Field (Su): At 2nd level, the Entropomancer gains the ability to intensify the entropic energies in its immediate area. As a swift action 1/encounter the Entropomancer may activate its Entropic Field, which lasts for a number of rounds equal to the character's Entropomancer level and has a range of 100ft around the Entropomancer. While the Entropomancer's Entropic Field is active, all magical healing fails. At 4th level, while the Entropic Field is up, once per round the Entropomancer may force one person who has just made a roll for an attack, save or check (after the roll, but before it has any effect) to re-roll the roll and take the worse result of the two rolls. At 6th level, anyone in the entropic field's range takes damage at the end of the round equal to double the character's Entropomancer levels. At 8th level, anyone who dies in the Entropomancer's Entropic Field bolsters the Entropomancer, as the Death Knell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/deathKnell.htm) spell. Additionally, anyone who dies in the Entropomancer's Entropic Field cannot be brought back to life with anything less than a Resurrection, True Resurrection, Wish or Miracle spell. These effects are cumulative.
The Entropomancer gains an additional use per encounter of this ability at 5th and 8th level.

Summon Greater Shard of Entropy: At 5th level, when the Entropomancer uses their Summon Shard of Entropy ability, they summon a Greater Shard of Entropy instead (see below).

Control Sphere (Su): At 9th level, the Entropomancer gains the ability to control a sphere of annihilation as if they were wearing a talisman of the sphere, and become immune to the effects of a sphere of annihilation, which passes through the Entropomancer as if their square was empty.

Summon Sphere (Su): At 10th level, the Entropomancer gains the ability to punch a hole in the continuum of the universe and wield it like a weapon. Once per day, as a full-round action they may summon a sphere of annihilation to a square adjacent to their own. The sphere lasts for 5 rounds plus as long as the Entropomancer concentrates on the sphere.

New Monsters

Shard of Entropy

Medium Construct (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 2d10+20 (31hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: Fly 30ft (6 squares) (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+4 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+1
Attack: Slam +0 Melee (2d4)
Full Attack: Slam +0 Melee (2d4)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Entropic Touch
Special Qualities: Entropic Backlash, Swirling Field
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +0, Will -5
Abilities Str -, Dex 10, Con -, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: The Great Nothing
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: -
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

A Shard of Entropy appears as a swirling field of dark energies dotted with flickers of annihilated matter, making it appear like the night sky.

A Shard of Entropy does not speak, but always understands its Master's commands (see Entropomancer)

Combat

Entropic Touch (Ex): The Shard of Entropy does not care for the bastions that the existing put up to block it - not that it cares for much at all. A Shard of Entropy makes its Slam attacks as touch attacks.

Entropic Backlash (Ex): As contradictory as it sounds, a thing of nothing will react to its death with annihilating energies. If a Shard of Entropy would be reduced to 0hp, then all creatures within 30ft of the Shard of Entropy must make a Will Save or take 1d2 damage to each of its ability scores. The Save DC is equal to 11 + its summoner's Cha Modifier.

Swirling Field (Ex): The nothingness of the shard spreads to its surroundings, before fading away in a contradictory self-consumption, making the shard seem like it is jumping in its place like a jittering child. Any creature adjacent to the Shard of Entropy at the end of the round takes 2d4 damage (no save).

Greater Shard of Entropy

Large Construct (Incorporeal)
Hit Dice: 4d10+20 (52hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: Fly 30ft (6 squares) (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (-1 natural, +5 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
Attack: Slam +0 Melee (2d6)
Full Attack: Slam +0 Melee (2d6)
Space/Reach: 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Entropic Touch
Special Qualities: Entropic Backlash, Paradox Field
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +2, Will -4
Abilities Str -, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: The Great Nothing
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: -
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

A Greater Shard of Entropy appears as a swirling sea of pitch black energies dotted with bright flashes of annihilated matter, making it appear like a wondrous firework display.

A Greater Shard of Entropy does not speak, but always understands its Master's commands (see Entropomancer)

Combat

Entropic Touch (Ex): The Greater Shard of Entropy cares even less for the bastions that the existing put up to block it than its lesser kin - not that a creature of this kind could care. A Greater Shard of Entropy makes its Slam attacks as touch attacks.

Entropic Backlash (Ex): As contradictory as it sounds, a Greater Shard of Entropy will react to its death with annihilating energies in a fantastic flash of nothing. If a Greater Shard of Entropy would be reduced to 0hp, then all creatures within 30ft of the Shard of Entropy must make a Will Save or take 1d4 damage to each of its ability scores. The Save DC is equal to 11 + its summoner's Cha Modifier.

Paradox Field (Ex): The grand nothingness of the shard drowns its surroundings, before dramatically flashing away in a contradictory self-destruction, making the shard seem like it is jumping in its place like a maddened animal. Any creature adjacent to the Shard of Entropy at the end of the round takes 2d6 damage (no save).

TheGeckoKing
2011-10-22, 12:07 PM
88 views and no replies? Naw, there must be something wrong with this class I need to fix! BUMP!

Zaq
2011-10-22, 12:30 PM
Minor: At level 8, you say that Entropic Field is 3/day. Should it be 3/encounter?

Slightly less minor: The Shard of Entropy statblock is weird. Incorporeal creatures never have STR scores by definition, and pretending they did have STR scores, the damage on their attacks doesn't add up. Also, "object" isn't a creature type, unless that's a different bit of homebrew I've missed.

Also, I'm really not sure how I feel about Summon Sphere. The ability to control Spheres of Annihilation is kind of useless without the ability to make them, yes, but there's a reason you don't just give PCs access to the SoA, especially not (as this appears to be) at-will. I understand that they have to be level 17 to get this ability, but still, I'm leery of giving PCs a "you die, no save" ability at-will, especially one that can cause that kind of property damage.

TheGeckoKing
2011-10-22, 03:14 PM
Minor: At level 8, you say that Entropic Field is 3/day. Should it be 3/encounter?

It should. Good catch.

Slightly less minor: The Shard of Entropy statblock is weird. Incorporeal creatures never have STR scores by definition, and pretending they did have STR scores, the damage on their attacks doesn't add up. Also, "object" isn't a creature type, unless that's a different bit of homebrew I've missed.

1. No, it shouldn't have an STR score. That was me adding the subtype and leaving the score in. Object is just a weird error :smallconfused:

Also, I'm really not sure how I feel about Summon Sphere. The ability to control Spheres of Annihilation is kind of useless without the ability to make them, yes, but there's a reason you don't just give PCs access to the SoA, especially not (as this appears to be) at-will. I understand that they have to be level 17 to get this ability, but still, I'm leery of giving PCs a "you die, no save" ability at-will, especially one that can cause that kind of property damage.

Ah. it was supposed to be 1/day, and I forgot to add that bit. :smallmad:
Also, at 17th level, There are all kinds of horrific ways of death dealing, and Barghest's Feast can give a 50/50 chance of damaging the soul beyond revival, including via Wish, Miracle and the like, and that's only a 6th level spell. Also, it's a gaping hole in the continuum that only moves about 30ft a round (assuming this isn't an Archivist Entropomancer with a mahoosive Int Modifier). If your BBEG can't avoid that, I give up. :smalltongue:

Anyway, thanks for giving it the look-over. I knew I missed a few things.

EDIT: Also modified the prerequisites so non-Clerics don't have to jump through hoops to get in.