PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson vs Gary Gygax

t209
2011-10-22, 10:48 AM
Beat it or Dungeons and Dragons.
Which one do you like best?

Traab
2011-10-22, 10:52 AM
Thriller would have been a better matchup imo. Undead monsters, bards, damsels in distress. Go on, guess which one im talking about?

Eldan
2011-10-22, 11:06 AM
What? A song that's a few minutes long, and a game I can play my entire life doing everything I can imagine?

How is that a contest?

t209
2011-10-22, 11:20 AM
What? A song that's a few minutes long, and a game I can play my entire life doing everything I can imagine?

How is that a contest?

actually, it's ONE of Michael jackson's song. The main point is which one do you like better, Michael Jackson or Gary Gygax.

Mystic Muse
2011-10-22, 11:23 AM
Are we comparing the people, or the results of their labors?

If the first, that seems a little odd.

If the latter, D&D easy.

Mando Knight
2011-10-22, 11:59 AM
...This is a weird vs thread, and meets almost none of the guidelines.

What sourcebooks does Gygax have access to? Does he need sourcebooks? Can Michael Jackson force monsters to join in his dance routine?

Gator
2011-10-22, 12:05 PM
This isn't even apples and oranges, it's more like chocolate vs. a swarm of Corgi puppies.

Aidan305
2011-10-22, 12:08 PM
Gygax is a master DM, with all the necessary skills to wield a DMG with required precision.

No contest really. Jackson gets a DMG to the head.

Traab
2011-10-22, 12:16 PM
Jacksons sheer force of personality and charisma while dancing forces gygax to move to the beat. He can no longer focus long enough to read his notes. Jackson wins. *EDIT* Besides, i dont think that Gygax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Moonwalker) Ever had a game based on him.

Eakin
2011-10-22, 12:46 PM
This isn't even apples and oranges, it's more like chocolate vs. a swarm of Corgi puppies.

Chocolate vs. Puppies actually has a clear outcome. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs.

Round 1: puppies eat chocolate
Round 2: chocolate gets revenge from beyond the grave by destroying puppies' kidneys

Mutual KO

Also: Michael jackson

Dienekes
2011-10-22, 12:52 PM
I don't like Michael Jackson's music. I like DnD. I suppose that leaves the contest rather one sided in my opinion.

But mostly, huh? Why are we even comparing these two?

Tengu_temp
2011-10-22, 02:35 PM
Without Michael Jackson, music just wouldn't be the same. Without Gary Gygax, we'd still get RPGs (he wasn't the sole creator of DND, remember). Plus, the former makes a much more athletic zombie, so he'd probably win in a direct confrontation.

ThePhantasm
2011-10-22, 03:07 PM
This is a rather pointless vs. For a vs. thread to work well the two opposing persons need to have something in common in some way. These two guys have nothing in common.

t209
2011-10-22, 03:22 PM
This is a rather pointless vs. For a vs. thread to work well the two opposing persons need to have something in common in some way. These two guys have nothing in common.

Well,they belong to the eighties and they died in 21st century. That's one common thing.
Note- This is not a battle, just checking which one of these person do you like best.

Yora
2011-10-22, 03:41 PM
Chocolate.

ThePhantasm
2011-10-22, 04:19 PM
Well,they belong to the eighties and they died in 21st century. That's one common thing.
Note- This is not a battle, just checking which one of these person do you like best.

But by what criteria can I make that decision? I have tastes in music and tastes in roleplaying games, and thus criteria which correspond to those tastes. But the criteria in each category have almost no overlap. There's no way for me personally to arrive at a qualitative decision about which is better.

averagejoe
2011-10-22, 08:49 PM
This is a weird vs thread, and meets almost none of the guidelines.

The Mod They Call Me: I tend to agree. I'm going to lock this one. This topic may be reopened with a more thoughtful scenario and clearer goal, but the way this topic has been presented seems overly frivolous and silly.