Wait.

Wait.

People care about Linkara's attempts at storytelling? :smalltongue:

Whiffet
2011-10-26, 08:02 PM
Wait.

Wait.

Well, he was actually scaring the crap out of me with this one. :smalltongue: Or at least freaking me out slightly. That's quite an accomplishment! I mean, I cared enough to go find the poem and read it with the knowledge of the reveal. I just had to scroll to the comments since someone had posted the whole thing, and I typically read those anyway for viewer opinions on the comic, but still!

Tengu_temp
2011-10-26, 09:15 PM
Wait.

Wait.

Not me! Except when he plays it for comedy.

TheArsenal
2011-10-27, 05:53 AM
linkaras plots are best when they are mysteries- Not campy battles.

Come on- MissingNO? That was cool!

Traab
2011-10-27, 09:22 AM
What the hell are you talking about? What the hell is this?

Aotrs Commander
2011-10-27, 09:48 AM
Wait.

Wait.

I certainly do!

(And I find his campy battle scenes to be completely awesome, personally. And also, the man can make a plot-twist I didn't see coming - more than once. That's a rare talent in my case.)

Besides, for me, with the all the time and effort he puts into it all, it's hard not to like it!

Mr.Silver
2011-10-27, 12:03 PM
Not me! Except when he plays it for comedy.

Which hasn't been the case since, what, the first one with Mecha-kara? (Warrior doesn't really count, since that's at least as much, if not more, Spoony's creation). A lot of it gets played far too straight, which is particularly trying when he's casting himself as the champion and saviour of the entire universe.
I mean, it's still better than The Game Overthinker's, but really what isn't?

endoperez
2011-10-27, 12:25 PM
What the hell are you talking about? What the hell is this?

One of them is a webcomic that updates very, VERY rarely: Homestuck. It seems to have a fanatic following, but I didn't find it that special.

Kinslayer
2011-10-27, 12:33 PM
One of them is a webcomic that updates very, VERY rarely: Homestuck.

Wait, what?

It did just go through a few weeks pause for the newest animation, but other than that it updates more than a page a day (on average, as some days have none, and others get three or four.)

thegurullamen
2011-10-27, 02:02 PM
Wait, what?

It did just go through a few weeks pause for the newest animation, but other than that it updates more than a page a day (on average, as some days have none, and others get three or four.)

Yeah, if anything, HS updates far, far more often than most other webcomics. It's just that there are occasionally drawn out pauses. But, when there is a long pause, the strips coming right after it are either

a) AMAZINGLY EPIC AFFAIRS

or

b) Clevinger-esque anti-climaxes that get the fandom in a twist before a different (a) happens.

Great strip, but it's really difficult to figure out a lot of the time.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-27, 02:14 PM
I have not followed the entire storyline, but they are fun in a cheesy, earnest kind of way.
I admit at first I didn't even know they existed. I am not a credits watcher. It wasn't until a song I rather liked played over the credits did I realize there was more. Also, a lot of the AtFW reviews subject matter is unwatchable, even with a thorough critique and Mystery Science Theatre style commentary. Unless it inspires Angry Video Game Nerd levels of rageohol or is absurdly goofy, it's a hard slog. Kids comics that are selling something, either product or idea, generally fall into this category for me.
Is there any compilation videos with significant stretches of storyline put together?

Mr.Silver
2011-10-27, 05:43 PM
Wait, what?

The fact he's produced a good few thousand pages of Homestuck (even if you count the animated and interactive 'game-like' segments as one page each) in the space of a few years should really render accusations of 'slow updates' rather baseless.

Also, a lot of the AtFW reviews subject matter is unmatchable, even with a thorough critique and Mystery Science Theatre style commentary.
What do you mean 'unmatchable'? There's not exactly a shortage of dull, mediocre schlock in mediums other than comics.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-27, 07:11 PM
Sorry, I meant "unwatchable", if that is even a word. Thanks for the heads up.
The Tandy Whiz Kids, even with Linkaras sometimes droll, sometimes enraged commentary, is still dull material.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-27, 09:28 PM
A frakking glitch pokemon... hmm funnily enough I just found my original Red/Blue/Yellow cartridges and a Gameboy Color in a draw today.

At any rate Linkara reviews comic books... I feel like his side stories could be more like comic books and less like the other stuff he obviously likes as a child of the 90s.

(Also wish he'd review more mainline stuff that is horrible, I don't care that obscure marketing comic sucked I knew that already. How about some more DC and Marvel yah, characters I might actually care about yah?)

endoperez
2011-10-28, 07:34 AM
Wait, what?

Errm... oops? :smallredface:

I haven't followed it regularly, or read much about it, but the few previous discussions I did come across were about waiting anxiously for the next update. I guess I happened to look for them when a new animation was underway.

Thanks for correcting me, I should've checked the facts first.

Trazoi
2011-10-28, 07:56 AM
How is Linkara's storytelling these days? I liked them in the early reviews when the skits were short and made fun of the content of the review, but I quit when they became serious and became half the length of the review. :smallannoyed:

It's more on some days there are none, others there are twelve. The average must be around four or five per day. Admittedly a lot of them aren't more than a single panel, but for a comic-thing that's been running for only two and half years it sure has a plot that moves.

TheArsenal
2011-10-28, 08:55 AM
Don't worry trazoi- Linkaras skits last 2-3 minutes, usually less and only after the credits and the review.

H Birchgrove
2011-10-28, 08:59 AM
Haven't read Linkara but Homestuck is pretty good - haven't come to the trolls yet.