PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Seeker of the Song conversion

Golden Ladybug
2011-10-26, 03:31 AM
Hey Playground, how are you?

I'm applying for a Pathfinder game, and in regards to that, I'd need to 'port the Seeker of the Song PrC from Complete Arcane to pathfinder rules. I did a bit of searching, and didn't find much. So, I decided to make my own, while updating a few of the more lackluster abilities of the Seeker to make it a more optimal choice for a bard. I feel that these improvements are balanced by the change to how much Bardic Music you have access to.

In any case, read on:

Seeker of the Song

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ca_gallery/85443.jpg

Pathfinder: Seeker of the Song
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Rapture of the Song (+2 AC, +2 Saves, DR 2/-), Melody of Unrestrained Energy

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Combine Songs, Song of Unmaking

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Dirge of Unrestrained Energy

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Song of Life, Combine Disciplines

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Anthem of Unrestrained Energy, Rapture of the Song (+4 AC, +4 Saves, DR 4/-)

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Hymn of Spell Death, Liberated Chorus

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Ballad of Unrestrained Energy

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Aria of Everywhere, Musical Freedom

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|Lament of Unrestrained Energy

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7|Note of Solitude, Rapture of the Song (+6 AC, +6 Saves, DR 6/-)[/table]

Hit Die: d8

Requirements: To become a Seeker of the Song, one must fulfill all of the following criteria
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 10 Ranks, Perform (Any) 10 Ranks
Feats: Skill Focus: Perform (Any)
Special: Bardic Music ability
Special: Must have been exposed to the Primal Music at least once before, either by random chance or by hearing another Seeker of the Song utilise the Primal Music in some way.

Class Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Proffession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis)
4+Int Skills points

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Seeker of the Song gains no proficiency with any weapons or armor.

Rapture of the Song: At first Level, a Seeker of the Song is imbued with a portion of the Primal Music. This confers a Seeker a bonus to AC and Saves equal to +2. It also provides DR 2/-.

At levels five and ten, these bonuses increase by 2.

Seeker Music: A Seeker of the Song gains access to songs that utilise the Primal music, and as they increase in power, they unlock more powerful Music abilities. A Seeker of the Song treats his effective level of Bard, for the purpose of determining how many rounds per day they can use Bardic or Seeker music, the Bonus provided by their Bardic Music Abilities (For example, a Bard 10/Seeker of the Song 7 would Inspire Courage as a 17th Level Bard) and the speed at which they can begin a Bardic or Seeker Music performance. Seeker Music is a (su) ability

*Melody of Unrestrained Energy: A Seeker of the Song gains limited control over the Elements. While performing the Melody of Unrestrained Energy, A Seeker of the Song and any allies within 30ft of them gain Energy Resistance 5 to an energy type (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) of the Seeker of the Song’s choice (determined at the beginning of the Song).

*Song of Unmaking: A Seeker of the Song can channel the primal music to create the energies of life, dealing damage unnatural objects. Any constructs or undead within 30ft of the Seeker of the Song take 2d8 damage per Seeker level. This damage does not allow a save.

*Dirge of Unrestrained Energy: As Melody of Unrestrained Energy, but the energy bonus increase to 10

*Song of Life: Using the Primal Music, a Seeker of the Song can protect themselves and others from ill health. While performing the Song of life, a Seeker of the Song and all allies within 30ft of the Seeker, gain immunity to Disease (including Magical Diseases, such as Mummy Rot) and Poisons. These benefits last for as long as the Seeker maintains their performance, and an additional 3 + Cha modifier Rounds afterwards. At this point, any Diseases or Poisons that are still affecting a Seeker of the Song or their allies (such as a poisonous gas cloud) are applied normally.

*Anthem of Unrestrained Energy: As Melody of Unrestrained Energy, but the Energy Resistance increases to 15

*Hymn of Spell Death: Using the Primal Music, a Seeker of the Song can create an area where Magical Energy is drained away. While a Seeker is performing a Hymn of Spell Death, any creatures that can hear it must make a Concentration check opposed to the Seeker’s Perform result in order to cast a Spell. Success means the Spell is cast normally, while failing the check means the Spell is lost.

*Ballad of Unrestrained Energy: As Anthem of Unrestrained Energy, but the Seeker of the Song can provide resistance to an additional energy type

*Aria of Everywhere: The Primal Music can allow a Seeker of the Song to travel in ways incomprehensible to others. While a Seeker of the Song is performing an Aria of Everywhere, they can spend a Standard Action to instantly transport themselves 25ft + 5ft/Seeker Level. Otherwise, this ability functions like the Dimension Door spell, although a Seeker of the Song cannot bring along additional Creatures.

*Lament of Unrestrained Energy: As Melody of Unrestrained Energy, but the Energy Resistance increases to 20

*Note of Solitude: Using the full might of the Primal Music, a Seeker of the Song can banish beings to their home planes. Any creatures within a 60ft burst of the Seeker of the Song when they play the Note of Solitude, must make a Will Save to resist being banished back to their home plane. The DC to resist is equal to 10 + ½ the Seeker’s Character Level + Cha Modifier. A Seeker can choose to exclude a number of creatures from the note of Solitude by expending an additional round of Bardic Music for the day.

Refrains: Some types of Seeker Music grant access to a Refrain, a special musical ability that can be used at will while performing the related Song. Refrains cost one round of your daily limit to perform, but do not count against your limit of ongoing Bardic or Seeker Music performances. Starting a Refrain is a free action, and the duration is instantaneous (unless specifically noted). Refrains are (su) abilities.

*Melody of Unrestrained Energy, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can create a 30ft cone of Energy (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) that deals 6d6 damage and imposes a -2 penalty on AC, Attack rolls, Damage rolls and Saves. A DC (10 + The seeker’s Perfom Bonus) Reflex save halves this damage and negates the penalty.

*Dirge of Unrestrained Energy, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can create a 60ft line of Energy (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) that deals 10d6 damage and halves the movement rate of the target. A DC (10+The Seeker’s Perform Bonus) Fortitude Save halves this damage and negates the penalty.

*Song of Life, Refrain: Using this Refrain allows a Seeker of the Song to heal a living creatures of an amount of Hit Points equal to their Perform check result. Using this ability requires the Seeker of the Song to touch the recipient of this healing. A Seeker of the Song cannot use this ability on themselves.

*Anthem of Unrestrained Energy, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can create an Energy (either Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) attack that arcs between a number (equal to half their class level) of targets, within 30ft dealing 10d6 damage to the primary target and half that to all subsequent targets. No one creature can be affected by more than one Arc. This attack uses a Ranged Touch Attack to hit, with subsequent Ranged Touch attacks for each additional target.

*Hymn of Spell Death, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can use this Refrain to release a burst of Primal Music to drain the energy from magical effects within a 20ft radius. Any objects within that area are affected as if by a Targeted Dispel Magic, although the Seeker adds their combined Bard and Seeker of the Song levels as a bonus on the dispel check.

*Ballad of Unrestrained Energy, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can create a 20ft Energy (Either Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) Burst, centred on any creature within 100ft of the Seeker, dealing 10d6 damage and an additional 10d6 damage to all damaged by this refrain in the next round (this damage is applied to any who were damaged by the attack, regardless of whether they moved from the location of the original burst or not). A DC (10+The Seeker’s Perform Bonus) Will save halves the original damage and prevents the secondary damage.

*Lament of Unrestrained Energy, Refrain: A Seeker of the Song can designate a single creature within 60ft of them, and trigger an Energy (Either Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire or Sonic) Attack that deals 15d6 damage. This damage does not allow a Save.

Combine Songs: A Seeker of the Song of 2nd level or higher can start two different types of Seeker Music in a single action. These songs are treated as the same song for all purposes, and as such only expend one round of your daily performance limit during each round you maintain them.

Combine Disciplines: A Seeker of the Song of 4th level or higher can use their Combine Songs ability to combine both Seeker Music and Bardic Music.

Liberated Chorus: A Seeker of the Song of 6th level or higher can start a Refrain even if they aren’t performing the related Seeker Music. Starting a Refrain using this ability is a Move Action.

Musical Freedom: A Seeker of the Song of 8th Level or Higher is treated as if they were under the effects of a Freedom of Movement spell while they are performing any type of Seeker Music. Furthermore, any affect that would prevent a Seeker of the Song from performing their Seeker Music (for example, a Silence spell) is temporally negated for the duration of the Seeker Music performance.

Opinions and Critique's are appreciated.

Hazzardevil
2011-10-26, 03:56 AM
I like it, but as it is it doesn't give you more song uses, I think you should get 2 rounds of songs per level, because right now a level 20 bard 10/this 10 will run out of songs after 10 rounds of playing songs.

Golden Ladybug
2011-10-26, 04:02 AM
Hmm...but doesn't the Pathfinder Bard get 4+Cha+1/Level uses of Bardic Music? Despite that, it is still pretty low, especially considering the Refrains burn through rounds of music so quickly.

Yes, I think I agree with you on that 2 Rounds per Seeker level would work. Or perhaps 1 Round per level, and a 2nd that can only be used for Seeker Music?

EDIT: I checked the pfsrd, and apparently the Pathfinder Bard does indeed gain 4+Cha+2/Level Music, so assuming 18 Cha (which is incredibly low considering we're talking about a 20th level character based on Charisma), a Bard 10/SotS 10 would have 46 Rounds worth of Bardic Music. I think that is acceptable to keep the music progression as is

Hazzardevil
2011-10-26, 04:19 AM
Hmm...but doesn't the Pathfinder Bard get 4+Cha+1/Level uses of Bardic Music? Despite that, it is still pretty low, especially considering the Refrains burn through rounds of music so quickly.

Yes, I think I agree with you on that 2 Rounds per Seeker level would work. Or perhaps 1 Round per level, and a 2nd that can only be used for Seeker Music?

I was confusing 3.5 with pf bards there, I was thinking it was 1 round per level, but still it isn't much.

GuaranaBerry
2012-08-18, 11:21 AM
What do you think of reducing the requirements so that the class can be entered at level 6? This class was considered sub-par in 3.5, and I always felt it was because you could,t enter it until level 11. Grate job thought, this is one of my favorite 3.5 PrC :smallbiggrin: