PDA

View Full Version : Yesss Mahassster-The Assistant

The Reverend
2011-10-26, 11:13 AM
So I was watching Igor the other night when the idea came to me for my first homebrew suggestion and I think its a good one.

Ok the assistant does more than just pull switches and answers doors, this class would be more about making other players look good, being a fount of knowledge, practical skills, etc. If 4e it would be leader minoring in controller. 3.5 It would get maybe some low level spells at higher levels, I imagine at mid levels he would be able to pull the always right behind you trick fairly often. Basically the class would be be generalized to be assistants not just mad scientists and wizards, but crusading knights, roguish detectives, and Clerics. Scaling resistances would be a running theme I think, reflex bonuses, barbarian style trap detection bonus, and would rely more on con and dex. Could become Very good at healing, in the alchemical and big stitches surgery kinda way, perform rituals etc. I think it would get a lot of in class skills, but of the more academic, lore, and craft type . Not so much stealth etc.

Has anyone done anything like this? I welcome your comments to help flesh out the character.

SamBurke
2011-10-26, 11:26 AM
So I was watching Igor the other night when the idea came to me for my first homebrew suggestion and I think its a good one.

Ok the assistant does more than just pull switches and answers doors, this class would be more about making other players look good, being a fount of knowledge, practical skills, etc. If 4e it would be leader minoring in controller. 3.5 It would get maybe some low level spells at higher levels, I imagine at mid levels he would be able to pull the always right behind you trick fairly often. Basically the class would be be generalized to be assistants not just mad scientists and wizards, but crusading knights, roguish detectives, and Clerics. Scaling resistances would be a running theme I think, reflex bonuses, barbarian style trap detection bonus, and would rely more on con and dex. Could become Very good at healing, in the alchemical and big stitches surgery kinda way, perform rituals etc. I think it would get a lot of in class skills, but of the more academic, lore, and craft type . Not so much stealth etc.

Has anyone done anything like this? I welcome your comments to help flesh out the character.

I believe you are looking for the SRD cleric? :small tongue:

In all seriousness, a bard would do this as well (so would an artificer.... or wizard... or druid, but that's assumed), but doesn't have the fluff. I'd be interested in seeing the class.