PDA

View Full Version : Skull Eater (Pathfinder Monster) - [PEACH]

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 08:35 AM
Skull Eater
Small Outsider (Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 6d10+12 (45 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30', Climb 30'
Armor Class: 18 (10 +4 Dex +3 Natural +1 Size); Flatfooted 14; Touch 15
Base Attack: +6
CMB/CMD: +6
Attack:
• Claw +11 melee (1d6+1 + 1d3 bleed)
• Bite +9 melee (1d3+1 + sicken)
Full Attack: 2 Claws and 3 Bites
Space/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Barbed claws, breath weapon, sickening bite
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60', DR 5/Magic, Resist 5 (Acid, Cold, Electric)
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +6
Abilities: STR 12 (+1) DEX 18 (+4) CON 14 (+2) INT 6 (-2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 10 (--)
Skills: Climb +18, Perception +10, Stealth +17, Swim +10
Feats: Weapon Finesse, 3, Multiattack
Organization: Solitary, Pair, or Swarm (1d4+1)
Environment: Abyss
CR: 6
Alignment: Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement: 6-9 HD (Small); 10-13 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: --

Skull eaters are terrible demons spawned from the sea of corpses that makes up the god of genocide's layer of the Abyss. They roam the Abyss of their own accord, sometimes finding their way to other planes of existence. Occasionally they are pressed into the service of more powerful creatures. As outsiders they do not need to eat, though they nonetheless enjoy eating the bones of sentient creatures. They especially enjoy eating humanoid skulls.

The main body of a skull eater is its head, appearing to be a humanoid head with its flesh wrapped tightly around its skull. Acid dribbles from the cavity where a humanoid's nose would be, as well as from the corners of its lipless mouth. From the bottom of the head comes a long, snake-like tail and two arm-like appendages each ending in three barbed claws the size of shortswords. From the top of the beast's head comes three writhing tendrils ending in snake heads.

Skull eaters speak abyssal and have been known to make deals with other beings in exhange for fresh bones. Of course, being demons, they typically renege on said deals as soon as they stop being convenient.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/elpezloco/SkullEater001.jpg

Combat:
Though primarily scavengers skull eaters are willing and able, in fact happy to kill living creatures to get the bones they eat. They prefer to use concealment to get in close before attacking, using their barbed claws to tear apart their flesh and biting with their snake heads to weaken them.

Once the creature is weak enough the skull eater vomits acid onto them to dissolve away their flesh, exposing the bones for it to eat. Their acidic spew has a considerable range and skull eaters have been known to use it offensively as well.

Barbed Claws (EX) - The skull eater's barbed claws latch onto flesh and tear it apart, leaving wide wounds that don't close easily. Enemies struck by the skull eater's claw attack take 1d3 bleed damage.

Breath Weapon (SU) - The skull eater has a breath weapon usable once every 1d4 rounds. As a standard action it can spew out a stream of acid mixed with bone dust. This attack deals 3d6 acid damage in a 10' line. A successful reflex save DC 15 halves the damage. The save DC is constitution-based.

Sickening Bite (EX) - Whenever the skull eater connects with its bite attack and deals at least 1 point of damage the creature must make a DC 15 fortitude save or be sickened for 1d4 minutes.

------------------------

I've playtested this creature in one of my own campaigns. But to be fair, I was mostly giddy about how much this guy freaked out my players. :3 Any advice would be apricot'ed.