PDA

View Full Version : The Tarrasque's Brood [3.5](Help please!)

Godskook
2011-11-01, 12:44 AM
Ok, so I got a game where the Tarrasque (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178893) captured by high-level NPCs, but he's got this ability:

Call of the Beast (Su)

While supernatural, this ability is not lost when the Tarrasque is in an Antimagic Field. However, it can only target someone who can be affected by a supernatural ability, so any target within an Antimagic field is effectively immune.

This ability has a range of 0.1 mile per HD per year of imprisonment, so if the Tarrasque is imprisoned for 30 years, this ability has a range of 144 miles.

Each day, the beast targets one individual in range who has an attitude of at least indifferent towards releasing the beast. Roll a diplomacy check of 1d20+HD to make that person fanatical. If successful, the target immediately receives 36,000xp, and automatically takes "Prestige Class X" if and when available. The target's default attitude towards the Tarrasque remains helpful after the duration for fanatical expires, and is immune to the Tarrasque's breath weapon and shrieking roar. The Tarrasque may revoke this immunity if it deems a servant to have violated their pact.

Calling an individual does not stack with itself.

So I need to start homebrewing that prestige class, or I guess I'll take suggestions on homebrew that's similar and would work well with this.

Darthteej
2011-11-01, 12:48 AM
Huh. The immediate problem I see is that it would have to be taken by pretty much anybody, which limits options. I have to be clear though, I'm not exactly sure what the fluff behind this prestige class should be, nor why someone has to take it. Is it some sort of "Tarrasque Servant" class? If that's the case, just add a regenration and natural attack progression, and add in a class feature that acts as a compass toward the Tarrasque.

Godskook
2011-11-01, 12:58 AM
Huh. The immediate problem I see is that it would have to be taken by pretty much anybody, which limits options. I have to be clear though, I'm not exactly sure what the fluff behind this prestige class should be, nor why someone has to take it. Is it some sort of "Tarrasque Servant" class? If that's the case, just add a regenration and natural attack progression, and add in a class feature that acts as a compass toward the Tarrasque.

Basically, the Tarrasque is akin to a deity, in that he creates 'avatars' via this mechanic.

Darthteej
2011-11-01, 01:01 AM
Basically, the Tarrasque is akin to a deity, in that he creates 'avatars' via this mechanic.

Hmm, alright, yeah, I think I've got an idea.

Give this PrC:
Regeneration,
Natural Attacks,
"Tarrasque Radar"
and fast progression Divine Casting(as per Ur-Priest)

Sound about right?

Godskook
2011-11-01, 01:21 AM
Hmm, alright, yeah, I think I've got an idea.

Give this PrC:
Regeneration,
Natural Attacks,
"Tarrasque Radar"
and fast progression Divine Casting(as per Ur-Priest)

Sound about right?

I'm really, really not a fan of fast-progression casting. Its inherently unbalanced relative to tier 1 classes, and that's saying a *LOT*.

Otherwise, you're on the right track, I think. Also, I was looking at the Astral Construct spell and it was a little inspiring, reminding me of how Legends did their classes.

Hazzardevil
2011-11-01, 02:14 AM
I think that one of the abilities of being the tarrasques "avatar" being it gets a form of regeneration. Whenever they are killed in a way that would not permanently kill the tarrasque, they come back to life one day later. If they are killed again, make that 2 days later, then 4, then 8 and so on.
Also give it an empathic bond with the tarrasque, so it can rescue it's master.
Now watch as the PC's try to be friendly to the tarrasque for this power.