PDA

View Full Version : Great Last Words in an Anime

Dr.Epic
2011-11-02, 10:40 AM
So I watching the series finale to FMA this morning and lovethe epilogue at the end and began to think of some of the great ending quotes from various animes. Stuff that just sort of summed the entire experience and this final moment.

Cowboy Bebop:
Bang.

Gurren Lagann:
Stars are our spirals cousins waiting for us.

FullMetal Alchemist:
I donít think of Equivalent Exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise between my brother and me. A promise that someday weíll see each other again.

You input?

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-11-02, 10:46 AM
So I watching the series finale to FMA this morning and lovethe epilogue at the end and began to think of some of the great ending quotes from various animes. Stuff that just sort of summed the entire experience and this final moment.

Cowboy Bebop:
Bang.

Best ever, hands down. I think they magically nailed the closing line for this, also with the title card at the end:
You'll carry that weight with you.

Lord Seth
2011-11-02, 12:35 PM
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo:"Are you kidding?! This is how our show ends?!"Personally, I wish they hadn't canceled it and had continued to the end of the manga, but...under the circumstances, I have to say they went with an ending that was true to the series.

horngeek
2011-11-03, 12:39 AM
FMA: Brotherhood (and the manga, for that matter).
Thereís no such thing as a painless lesson. They just donít exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You canít gain anything without losing something first although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, youíll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.

MlleRouge
2011-11-03, 01:00 AM
I second Bebop...That's actually what came to mind IMMEDIATELY when I saw the thread title. Made me smile, that one did.

Morph Bark
2011-11-04, 04:38 AM
And here I thought this was going to be about the last words uttered by characters right before death. :smallfrown:

Psyren
2011-11-04, 07:45 AM
And here I thought this was going to be about the last words uttered by characters right before death. :smallfrown:

I thought that too.
"Everyone, the shiniga-"
:smallwink:

One of my favorites was "Right, Lelouch?" That spawned as many debates as the Inception top.

Yora
2011-11-04, 07:57 AM
Ghost in the Shell

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Lord Raziere
2011-11-04, 09:18 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion
GOOD JOB SHINJI!

Nerd-o-rama
2011-11-04, 09:24 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion
GOOD JOB SHINJI!

I prefer End of Evangelion's last words, if only because they somehow managed to cause even more of a crapstorm from sheer ambiguousness. And then there's Kaworu's closing one-liners in both Rebuild movies so far...

As for dying last words, my favorite is of course

"IT'S A GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!"

Or relatedly:

"Is that Char?"

It's always Char.

tribble
2011-11-07, 11:24 AM
Azumanga Daioh:Now I get it... Even after graduation... We're still together.